Advise please

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
boris7

Advise please

Post by boris7 » Mar 2nd, '08, 18:27

I have downloaded many files from this site...= and thank you
But when we have a series of the month which is a VERY LARGE

My issue is perhaps with a series of the month...perhaps it would be easier for
poeple to download files approx 500mb rather than 20GB...not everyone
has a good internet connection.....

For example...if we had a series of the momth with = 40 chapters...why not 40 files
so it will help people downloading..and personal speeds...

What I have said above...is practicable...and I am willing to help in easier downloading
An example...I have a 20mb donload speed = fast....yet on this site ..all I average is approx 35kbs.....But anywhere else on the net I get fantastic speeds....

I have tried many times to download a series of the month...and am willing to seed as well.....but as said above,,,download speeds average from 0.1 - 0.35......

My comments are subject to critic....

Kindest Regards

A old Chinaman.....

robx

Post by robx » Mar 4th, '08, 05:05

Perhaps you have not been around the site enough to know what is going on here. The drama's are normally released as individual episodes. After a period of time, there are less people getting those individual files, so as to clear the database here, it gets batched into an extremely large torrent and delete all those individual files.

If you have a 20Mb download speed, no one here can upload to you at your desirable speed ( full throttle ). 20 Mb download is just too extreme unless everyone here can upload 100kb/s and uploads full throttle to just you.
Perhaps you have mis-lead your download speed to be 20Mb/s? If you are actually getting that speed of connection... You must be on some PHAT pipe.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Mar 4th, '08, 05:19

I don't know if other torrent programs do this, but I use Azureus and it allows me to choose which files in a batch I want to download.. so if you just want to download one episode at a time, you could do that..? >_>

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Mar 4th, '08, 05:22

^it's the same for other BT clients as well......BitComet and uTorrent.

robx

Post by robx » Mar 4th, '08, 05:25

Oh yes that reminded me, Utorrent has a nice feature which lets you prioritize files, so if you really want to watch early on, you can prioritize by episode one or two at a time.

boris7

Post by boris7 » Mar 4th, '08, 05:38

Yes my download speed is 20Mb/s...and I use Opera to download...
Thanks for all your advice....perhaps I should try another client..

Regards..

groink

Post by groink » Mar 4th, '08, 05:40

Wait... I thought that the more seeders there are, the faster the download???? At least that's what many of these "Five seeders are not enough! We need MORE SEEDERS" leeches tell me.

NOT!!!!!!

This confirms what I've been telling everyone. If your bandwidth sucks, increasing the number of seeders will not help you. Increasing seeds just helps keep the torrent alive longer. There is NO better time to download an older set of torrents than these bi-weekly/monthly seeding events. This is when you receive the most number of seeders you will ever see for a given torrent.

And even with that, people still aren't satisfied.

--- groink