Newb torrent upload questions

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
emmapeel

Newb torrent upload questions

Post by emmapeel » May 29th, '08, 21:21

I'm pretty new to the whole bt thing, I've been downloading/seeding but I haven't uploaded any torrents here or anywhere yet. I can access clubbox and thought I would take on uploading La Dolce Vita (Bittersweet Life), since the subs are coming out (thanks WITHS2!) and no one has uploaded it here.

I have Mac/Azureus (my clubbox PC is a hand-me-down beater and I'm not doing bt on it). So First Question: Can I just use Azureus to create the torrent or do I have to use that "make torrent" thing in the FAQs? It doesn't seem to be available for Mac.

Second Question: am I too noob to be approved for uploads anyway?

Any responses appreciated! :-)

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » May 30th, '08, 03:39

You can create the torrent file with several other tools and btclients (e.g. Azureus, BitComet, µtorrent, etc.). What software you use doesn't matter as long as you enter the proper URL of the D-Addicts tracker.

Everybody can upload torrents. But as a non-regular uploader you cannot start seeding until your torrent has been approved by a moderator. The torrent has pending status until approval.

emmapeel

Post by emmapeel » May 30th, '08, 16:50

OK, thank you, I'll go ahead and upload. I understand about the torrent pending section, so I guess I'll see what happens!

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Jul 6th, '08, 06:46

MoerkJ wrote:
Everybody can upload torrents. But as a non-regular uploader you cannot start seeding until your torrent has been approved by a moderator. The torrent has pending status until approval.
How long does the approval process take may I ask? I have one waiting but it would be great to get the uploading started.

Thanks