what programs do i need to sub like this..

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
shortiegrl

what programs do i need to sub like this..

Post by shortiegrl » Jun 16th, '08, 00:26

sorry i'm new at this and i was wondering how to sub like that and what programs i need

robx

Post by robx » Jun 17th, '08, 18:20

There is a lot to consider when hard subbing like that.
You may want to check out doom9.org, they do a lot of help and chat that sort of thing there.

lunargen

Post by lunargen » Jun 17th, '08, 18:26

Essentially:

Aegisub to create the subtitles,
Virtualdubmod to hardsub + textsub filter

robx

Post by robx » Jun 17th, '08, 18:42

yes she does need those, but if she doesn't know what it is, she still needs to learn how to use it. doom9 has great guides of using those tools and much more.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Jun 17th, '08, 19:17

actually she doesn't need any programs, cuz its already subbed here :D

and if you can play HQ youtube, click here:

hahaha, but seriously, doom9 + videohelp are your guides

emerica1123

Post by emerica1123 » Jun 17th, '08, 19:38

I use aegis sub, but I havent tried to make hardsubs yet. I downloaded lots of programs to try though. I'll let you know which is best after I try it

robx

Post by robx » Jun 17th, '08, 19:44

aegis sub is only to make the subtitle, time it, sfx, positioning, styling etc.. it makes the subtitle file in complete, but does not do anything for hard subbing it like that video at youtube, that's where textsub comes in to play. Either use textsub in avisynth, or straight from vdub to hard sub it.

Oh and then there is going to be the question, "what codec is best? or how do i properly setup the codec for optimal results?", doom9 + videohlelp as AkumaX said will also get these questions out from that hair ball.

IMHO, the codec and container type is all preference when dealing with avi files. Of course x264 is supreme in the pc world, but for t.v streamers with no pc, x264 doesn't bode well.