Script hanging browser

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
yorthen

Script hanging browser

Post by yorthen » Jul 7th, '08, 11:12

Sorry if this is not the correct place to report this but I've found no better place.

If I go to the torrent page my browser starts eating up all the CPU time and hangs for a few seconds until this dialogue shows up. If I click Stop Scrip everything works (as far as I can tell), but if I click Continue the browser continues to eat CPU and feels like it is stuck.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0) but I remember having the same problem with Firefox 2, though it disappeared after a while which leads me to believe that it might be related to some ad banner or such which gets changed. I should point out that the site has worked fine using Firefox 3, it is just recently I've run into this problem.

mt877

Post by mt877 » Jul 8th, '08, 12:26

I also am using Firefox 3. I've been seeing strange things here as well, like being redirected to full page adverts, then when I click the back button, the D-A page reloads, but I get redirected again. The only thing I could do was disable JavaScript. The advert banners stop loading and I don't get redirected anymore.