HELP with AEGISUB!

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
tesshi

HELP with AEGISUB!

Post by tesshi » May 24th, '09, 20:42

i installed AEGISUB and when i open the program, it give me this error: Fatal error while initializing Invalid hotkeys file.

any ideas on how to fix it? i tried it with different versions of aegisub, it still wouldn't work.

sungie

Post by sungie » May 26th, '09, 18:23

Perhaps this works for you:
-- blaablaa removed --

Edit:
Nvm, seems like you already got help from jfs.
http://malakith.net/aegisub/index.php?topic=1539.0

It's always the best to ask about the bugs and problems of the software in Aegisub forums.

tesshi

Post by tesshi » May 27th, '09, 00:10

lol i actually forgot that i asked about it here too *shot*

thanks though :D

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 24th, '12, 08:04

Sometimes when I time the subtitles still appear ahead of than they should. Meaning I have to end up adjusting the subtitles so they doesn't fit the audio.

If someone says "The red flowers are more beautiful."
I end up having to move forward all the lines by by 1 second (after done the timing) to make the subtitles appear at the right place.
But then the selection of the timing appears something like this "..red flowers are more beautiful."

I've had this happen with two videos.
Bok Hee E008 720p-HANrel
and Bok Hee E009-HANrel (currently working on this)
I don't know if it's something with the settings in Aegisub.
I would be happy if I could get some advice.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 26th, '12, 12:49

Anyone one who have some answers to the the above post?

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Aug 26th, '12, 12:58

Keiko1981 wrote:Anyone one who have some answers to the the above post?
What's the question? Can you be more specific or explain it better?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Aug 26th, '12, 13:28

\( -o _ o- )/ wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote:Anyone one who have some answers to the the above post?
What's the question? Can you be more specific or explain it better?
I'm wondering if it's something with the settings. (but I haven't done any big changes)
Or is it the videos.
First timing after the audo gird in Aegisub at first. But the subtitles still appears about 1 second before when watching them, so I have to adjust them afterwards.
Or is it just how the timing is done and I came across it now.
I haven't had this happen earlier only with the above videos..

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Aug 26th, '12, 13:35

Keiko1981 wrote:First timing after the audo gird in Aegisub at first.
Sorry but I don't understand.
Keiko1981 wrote:But the subtitles still appears about 1 second before when watching them, so I have to adjust them afterwards.
Or is it just how the timing is done and I came across it now.
I still don't understand......Looks like I won't be able to help you at all. Sorry.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Sep 3rd, '12, 11:16

Another problem with the timing.
If I want the subtitles to appear earlier and make changes for it in Aegisub, saves the change.
It doesn't appear right away in Media Player Classic.
I have to "Load subtitles..." every single time in MPC that I make a change to view how it looks.
Did check VLC as well, it didn't change the subtitles when changed the timing.
And the subtitles file have the exact same name as the video. Usually I use MPC to view videos.

Edit Fixed, uninstalled and re-installed Media Player Classic as well as installed latest version of Aegisub.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Dec 2nd, '12, 08:31

Is there somewhere in Aegisub I can see the number of characters I've written when typing a sentence?

Soul Crusher

Post by Soul Crusher » Dec 2nd, '12, 09:14

No, there isn't. People have suggested to add this feature before, but... no luck.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Dec 2nd, '12, 09:16

Soul Crusher wrote:No, there isn't. People have suggested to add this feature before, but... no luck.
Okay, keep using Subtitle Workshop when typing up the subtitles before doing the timing in Aegisub. :)

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 24th, '13, 11:23

I have a problem when it comes to the timing.
I have tried three different videos and all of them have the same problem.
Usually when I time I have Aegisub open, and the video which I'm timing open in Media Player Classic.
After having made changes to the subtitle timing I save the video in Aegisub, switch over to MPC (using the commando Alt+Tab).
Now, the saved changes doesn't appear in MPC. The subtitles are displayed, but each time I make changes I have to "Load/Re-load" the subtitles in MPC.

First K-Lite Codec Pack (Full ver) installed, it had the same problem. Then changed to K-Lite Codec Pack (Standard ver), that's the one I have installed now. It has the same problem.

Is there something else I should install?
Or make some changes in the settings in MPC or Aegisub?

Currently using MPC ver 1.6.6.6899 and Aegisub 2.1.8.

I noticed when it worked previously that I had a red square smilar to this one Image displayed in the tray. Don't know if it has something to do with it though.
Last edited by Keiko1981 on Mar 24th, '13, 12:14, edited 2 times in total.

sutekinanijinoiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sutekinanijinoiro » Mar 24th, '13, 11:50

Keiko1981 wrote:I have a problem when it comes to the timing.
Usually when I time I have Aegisub open, and the video which I'm timing open in Media Player Classic.
After having made changes to the subtitle timing I save the video in Aegisub, switch over to MPC (using the commando Alt+Tab).
Now, the saved changes doesn't appear in MPC. The subtitles are displayed, but each time I make changes I have to "Load/Re-load" the subtitles in MPC.

First K-Lite Codec Pack (Full ver) installed, it had the same problem. Then changed to K-Lite Codec Pack (Standard ver), that's the one I have installed now. It has the same problem.

I'm not really sure if that's a problem since that's how I use it as well. I think it somehow makes sense since the media players apparently don't automatically detect changes in the softsubs file.

I think one way to see your changes real time is to load the video file along with the audio in Aegisub itself. I know this one's rather a hit-or-miss, but personally speaking it's already quite accurate by itself. :) Viewing by media player can be done most preferably after you're finished timing and just checking for errors. :D

Those are just my suggestions though. If it was possible in the past about the media players being able to detect changes in the softsubs files, I have not really heard of a way to make them work that way for now. :P

Soul Crusher

Post by Soul Crusher » Mar 24th, '13, 15:40

First, load your video and subtitle file into Media Player Classic. Next, right click on the screen to bring up the context menu. Next, select "Filters", "DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)", "Properties...", "Misc", and look under "Subtitle Output". Make sure "Auto-reload subtitle files after detecting modification" and "Apply changes immediately" are both checked.

To trigger the auto-detection, you must move your video current time to before the start of your retimed line and play the video.

Case 1 - Won't trigger.
Video paused at 20.00 sec
Retime line to start at 19.00 sec, end at 25.00 sec
Play video

Case 2 - Will trigger
Rewind video to 18.00 sec
Play video

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 24th, '13, 19:40

Soul Crusher wrote:First, load your video and subtitle file into Media Player Classic. Next, right click on the screen to bring up the context menu. Next, select "Filters", "DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)", "Properties...", "Misc", and look under "Subtitle Output". Make sure "Auto-reload subtitle files after detecting modification" and "Apply changes immediately" are both checked.

To trigger the auto-detection, you must move your video current time to before the start of your retimed line and play the video.

Case 1 - Won't trigger.
Play video

Case 2 - Will trigger
Rewind video to 18.00 sec
Play video
Thank you very much Soul Crusher, that helped. :)

Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Drazic » Mar 24th, '13, 19:50

I noticed when it worked previously that I had a red square smilar to this one Image displayed in the tray. Don't know if it has something to do with it though.

Seriously, why would you do that xD?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 24th, '13, 20:42

Drazic wrote:

Well, I wasn't sure.
Thought it was better to add that information than not. :)

Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Drazic » Mar 24th, '13, 20:48

Keiko1981 wrote:
Drazic wrote:

Well, I wasn't sure.
That's not what I meant. Why would you open the video in MPC rather than aegisub? Why are you using Aegisub 2.1.8? (3 has been out for a while now).

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 24th, '13, 20:55

Drazic wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote:
Drazic wrote: Image
Well, I wasn't sure.
That's not what I meant. Why would you open the video in MPC rather than aegisub? Why are you using Aegisub 2.1.8? (3 has been out for a while now).
Becuase I like using that method.when timing videos.
And I'm using the older Aegisub becuse I it's easier for me to see the audio timeline compared to the newer version.

Soul Crusher

Post by Soul Crusher » Mar 24th, '13, 21:05

I'd recommend you to upgrade to Aegisub 3.0.2 too. :)

Most of the playback lagginess and frame misreadings of Aegisub 2+ has been resolved, and now there's a new feature called customizable hotkeys, which means you can change the default keyboard shortcuts to suit your style/hand. The waveform display is a bit more cluttered now, but it's so much easier to discern the actual audio from the background noise. You should try it. :)

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 24th, '13, 21:31

Soul Crusher wrote:I'd recommend you to upgrade to Aegisub 3.0.2 too. :)

Most of the playback lagginess and frame misreadings of Aegisub 2+ has been resolved, and now there's a new feature called customizable hotkeys, which means you can change the default keyboard shortcuts to suit your style/hand. The waveform display is a bit more cluttered now, but it's so much easier to discern the actual audio from the background noise. You should try it. :)
Okay trying it out, Aegisub 3.0.2 (64-bit) (could also try 32-bit if needed).
First gets this message

The resolution of the loaded video and resolution specified for the subtitles don't match.

Change subtitles resolution to match video?
Yes or No. Yes I guess.

Then, after having loaded the audio from the video I get the following.

RIFF PCM WAV audio provider: File is not a RIFF WAV file
Wave64 audio provider: File is not a Wave64 RIFF file
FFmpegSource: Failed to open audio track: Audio track contains no audio frames.

Video file: Dear.My.Sister.E031.111219.HDTV.XViD-HANrel
Included in a batch torrent.
Tried some other videos, Orange Days, xxxHOLiC and they opened the audio.

Edit Installed 32-bit version.
Problem solved.

Drazic
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Drazic » Mar 24th, '13, 23:54

Keiko1981 wrote:
Drazic wrote:
Keiko1981 wrote: Well, I wasn't sure.
Becuase I like using that method.when timing videos.
And I'm using the older Aegisub becuse I it's easier for me to see the audio timeline compared to the newer version.
I have no idea why you'd want to do that.

I guess you're referring to how aegisub 3 has the spectrum analyzer as default now? It takes some getting used to but you'll find that it's generally easier to make out voices from background noise using it. You can still switch back to wave if you want though.
Keiko1981 wrote: The resolution of the loaded video and resolution specified for the subtitles don't match.

Change subtitles resolution to match video?
Yes or No. Yes I guess.

Yes, using typesetting made for a 640x480 video (which is the default value) on a 720p or whatever video is far from optimal.
Keiko1981 wrote:
Edit Installed 32-bit version.
Problem solved.
"Note: The 64-bit version is not recommended even on 64-bit versions of Windows. It does not include support for Avisynth or xy-VSFilter, is often slower, and has had occasional bugs not present in the 32-bit version." - Aegisub website

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 25th, '13, 00:18

Is it possible to change so the timing timeline (seconds, minutes are displayed) is shown in the middle of the screen, like the previous version? As it is now it's located above the audio timeline.

k361
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by k361 » Mar 25th, '13, 05:47

hmm, also had 2.1.9 until now and installed 3.0.2 yesterday.
I still have problems with media files to be recognized in aegisub by the existing codecs on my system.

to lazy/busy to invest much time in this now.

sutekinanijinoiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sutekinanijinoiro » Mar 25th, '13, 06:08

I tried the latest version of Aegisub a few hours ago, but my computer's too slow for it so I'll stick with 2.1.9 for now. At least it can somehow play the video real time with the softsubs compared to the latest version.

But I agree with the noise reduction, although I would have personally liked it if they kept the ability to change timings with just movements from the audio waveform intact and not having to enter them manually/referring to the video file to change it :|

Soul Crusher

Post by Soul Crusher » Mar 25th, '13, 07:06

sutekinanijinoiro wrote:... although I would have personally liked it if they kept the ability to change timings with just movements from the audio waveform intact and not having to enter them manually/referring to the video file to change it.
Some of the default shortcuts have changed, but you can reset them back at View, Options, Hotkeys and (in this case) Default & Audio.

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Mar 25th, '13, 07:29

I first thought my computer is too slow too but then I changed the video provider to 'Avysinth' under Options,Advanced video. Everything works smooth now. For everyone who has problems with not working audio, you could try to change the audio provider under Advanced audio options to Avisynth.
Anyway I still don't like the new audio timeline.

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 31st, '13, 14:29

Edit: Problem solved.

neneng26

Post by neneng26 » Dec 9th, '13, 10:02

can someone help me in re-timing I need to re-time sub-title for me to watch the moon embraces the sun 720p
it always happen if im gonna click timing then shift time. it says

An unhanded exception occurred press abort to terminate the program retry to exit program normally and ignore when try to continue

I try to re-install and install the program Aegisub 3.0.4 but it work same message aftei click timing.

please help me!!!!!!!

\( -o _ o- )/
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by \( -o _ o- )/ » Dec 9th, '13, 15:57

neneng26 wrote:can someone help me in re-timing I need to re-time sub-title for me to watch the moon embraces the sun 720p
it always happen if im gonna click timing then shift time. it says

An unhanded exception occurred press abort to terminate the program retry to exit program normally and ignore when try to continue

I try to re-install and install the program Aegisub 3.0.4 but it work same message aftei click timing.

please help me!!!!!!!
Try to download the portable version and running it from there. If it still have problems then....

It would seem your Windows OS is corrupted. Try to get your friends / relative to help you or call for expert help.

Good luck.