Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Downloading subs from forum issue/problem

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
famitsu1

Downloading subs from forum issue/problem

Post by famitsu1 » Aug 20th, '09, 16:04

Hi, for the last several days now when I click on a dl link for any subtitle posted in the subs forum instead of getting the usual file download box appear with the subtitle's correct name and file type this box now gives the name of every sub I try to download as being "download.php" and an "unknown file type" and accordingly saves the srt as "download.php".Now I can get around this by simply renaming the "download.php" file back to the srt's original file name and adding the .srt extension back onto the end of it.
I was just wondering if I was the only one experiencing this(if so any suggestions on how I resolve this would be greatly appreciated)or if everyone else is experiencing this too?The issue just seems specific to this site.Torrent's from here are downloaded and saved correctly.It just seem to be a subs related issue.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Aug 21st, '09, 06:51

When I hover my mouse over the subtitle download link I see download.php with an id number but when I download the sub it works as usual.
What browser do you use?

Belar

Post by Belar » Aug 29th, '09, 15:50

I too faced this problem. It is strange. I had no problem using another PC to download the sub.

Belar

Post by Belar » Aug 29th, '09, 15:53

Oh and thanks for letting me know about the renaming the file. I do not have to download from another PC.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Aug 29th, '09, 17:14

Have you tried deleting your cookies and clearing your cache?

It seems the only times I have encounter this problem is when I'm downloading with a download manager (FlashGet) instead of saving it automatically with my browser.