Subtitles save as .php file

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
sau6181

Subtitles save as .php file

Post by sau6181 » Nov 4th, '09, 05:25

Hi,

Subtitles are save as .php. How to read/open them? I open with a text editor and they are in funny characters.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

xploring

Post by xploring » Nov 4th, '09, 07:50

Try using Aegisub to open it

If the extension seems strange, you can of course change it manually to what it's meant to be.

peacht
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by peacht » Nov 4th, '09, 08:00

I have heard of this problem before but as the poster never posted back I do not know if it resolved http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_78004.htm

Please give some details of which subs you are trying to download and which browser you are using.

compact777

I've had the same problem (subtitles saved as php file.)

Post by compact777 » Nov 26th, '09, 04:53

I'm not sure what exactly is the cause for this as I didn't have this problem in the past.

Anyway, I had to use a download manager (in my case, Net Transport) to download it and it will automatically redirect the link and download the srt files.

Hope this woks to you and others having the same problem.

Deleted User 160565

Post by Deleted User 160565 » Nov 30th, '09, 14:04

I've run into the same problem too, it happens every so often. .php is a html script. I think what's happening is either there's a problem with the download script or the browser is having trouble with the script. If I continue the download, the subtitle file will actually be downloaded but named after the script. So if you just rename the .php file you get to whatever the subtitle file is suppose to be called (something.srt or something.ass), it works.

TheWhistler

.php

Post by TheWhistler » Nov 2nd, '14, 13:38

When I try to download soft subs the file ends in .php. of course it does not work. I am using android, could that be the problem? I have downloaded other files using android, Hard subs, Soft subs that are part of a batch. However when the subs are separate it does not work. Can any one be of assistance.

I apologise if this is not the correct place to post.

TheWhistler

Post by TheWhistler » Nov 2nd, '14, 14:36

[Fansub] Kinkyuu Torishirabeshitsu. The browser is the Internet browser that comes with android.

Thank you for your interest.
peacht wrote:I have heard of this problem before but as the poster never posted back I do not know if it resolved http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_78004.htm

Please give some details of which subs you are trying to download and which browser you are using.

TheWhistler

Post by TheWhistler » Nov 2nd, '14, 14:41

rdwg wrote:I've run into the same problem too, it happens every so often. .php is a html script. I think what's happening is either there's a problem with the download script or the browser is having trouble with the script. If I continue the download, the subtitle file will actually be downloaded but named after the script. So if you just rename the .php file you get to whatever the subtitle file is suppose to be called (something.srt or something.ass), it works.
Tried renaming but it still doesn't work. File should end in .ass, I can add it but can't get rid of .php,

Many thanks.

TheWhistler

Post by TheWhistler » Nov 2nd, '14, 15:29

I found this site http://www.drama-otaku.com/2014/01/fans ... /#comments and the files download as .ass and they still don't work. This really shouldn't be this difficult. After the time, effort, and bandwith put into downloading all files.

saigo_x

Re: .php

Post by saigo_x » Nov 2nd, '14, 22:38

TheWhistler wrote:When I try to download soft subs the file ends in .php. of course it does not work. I am using android, could that be the problem?
It's a problem on the standrad Android browser with content types/download file headers. You need to use another browser or other app to download the files.