TRACKER (Problems and Solutions)

Read the FAQ in here first then post your questions here if it doesn't help you.
Deeta

TRACKER (Problems and Solutions)

Post by Deeta » Oct 16th, '04, 03:23

Is the tracker down? I'm getting a blue face in Azureus.. and I'm currently downloading/uploading sweet 18-15.mkv. But I have to stop in 1 hour's time as electricity will be shut off for a few hours in my block. :-(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
edited by admin:

Some common problems.

1. Peer Guardian by default seems to block all d-addicts's addresses so if you use a BT client that has peer guardian plugin make sure to allow d-addict's tracker server through (217.172.47.150)

2. ISP throttle or block BT ports, try using a different port.

3. You have not configured your BT client for bittorrent properly, please read this http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1831

4. Network problems, try reading the SLOW SPEED section of the FAQ http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtop ... 453#141453

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Oct 16th, '04, 03:31

From previous experience, if you were on a torrent before the tracker went down, then you best be keeping the torrent running if don't want to have reconnection issues. I can't connect to some torrents, but the torrents i had running are still going since i'm still connected to those peers and seeder. If you have to stop the torrent, as in your situation, don't worry about it, Sweet 18 15 is a new torrent and will be seeded when you return...unless you don't plan on returning for awhile. :blink

btw, blue means you are not connected to the seeder, which will happen if the seeder is superseeding, if you are connected to peers, then you are fine.

Deeta

Post by Deeta » Oct 16th, '04, 03:48

Thanks puccakiss79! Will I be able to connect again once power returns? *hopeful*

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Oct 16th, '04, 03:52

Deeta wrote:Thanks puccakiss79! Will I be able to connect again once power returns? *hopeful*
I hope so :D cuz that means i will be able to connect...i'm not able to connect to Sweet 18 eps 15 atm :cry: but i'm hoping when i can we will have help :)

Madman

Post by Madman » Oct 16th, '04, 05:07

I thought blue in azureus meant not connected to the tracker.

I'm currently d/ling Lover in Paris and shortly after I started, it went from green to blue. right clicking the torrent and going to show details, I seen the tracker is offline (connection refused). After a mild bout of panic, I thought, I'lm still connected to seeds and peers, let's let this finish and we'll see what happens with the next torrent in the cue. Fast forward 2 hours, the torrent is still d/ling and it is now back to GREEN (and the crowd rejoices) and the speed has jumped from a meager 16kps to 60kps (yea!) So I guess it was a burp in the system.

puccakiss79
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by puccakiss79 » Oct 16th, '04, 05:23

Madman wrote:I thought blue in azureus meant not connected to the tracker.
yup yup, you're correct, when d/ling blue in azureus means you are connected to peers but the tracker is down but i think you are more accurate by stating not connected to the tracker as the tracker wasn't really down in this instance, something to do w/ server being funny...

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 16th, '04, 05:57

We were being attacked :crazy: seems to have stopped now.

Deeta

Post by Deeta » Oct 16th, '04, 06:13

Oh yay! Power is back for me :D

And its green face in Azureus once again!

lorac
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lorac » Oct 16th, '04, 13:40

puccakiss79 wrote:btw, blue means you are not connected to the seeder, which will happen if the seeder is superseeding, if you are connected to peers, then you are fine.
I've always wondered why I seem to get the files from peers and am rarely able to download directly from the seeder. BT can be a mystery sometimes. This thread also answers why I could not see any seeds or peers for any of All In last night. It seems to be working today.

lorac

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 17th, '04, 22:31

We're still being attacked so if you have problems connecting to the tracker its because of that. :x

I'm working on doing something about it so hang tight.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 18th, '04, 00:28

Ok, I've installed APF (should of done it long ago) on the server, let me know if you have trouble with the tracker.

BaBa

Post by BaBa » Oct 19th, '04, 12:21

Are we still under attack? Why would anyone wanna attack us? The little faces are all blue and red...or is it just me?

Mango001

Post by Mango001 » Oct 19th, '04, 12:36

APF is probably not going to block any attacks, if you need some assistance blocking attacks and such please contact me.

envonge@myway.com

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 19th, '04, 22:46

BaBa wrote:Are we still under attack?
hm, maybe a rival webpage thinks we're moving in on their turf? that 'pride' upload had more than 300 leechers. :mrgreen:

just joking, just joking. wouldn't want to start a web-war.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 19th, '04, 23:26

inheavysyrup's tracker is being attacked repeatly and increasing, in case you didn't know both inheavysyrup and d-addict's tracker are on the same machine. I've shutdown the webserver for now so the d-addicts's tracker stats won't be updating but the tracker itself should still be working fine.

Sadly to say I don't think inheavysyrup.com will be comming back online. :-( I've tried everything I know to stop these attacks but unfortunately I'm not competant enough and thus the attacker wins.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 20th, '04, 02:51

No more inheavysyrup? Oh no!!!
Well, we know you're doing your best, but dang....what a loss.... :-(
Hopefully the attackers don't focus their attention onto this tracker next...

Edit: Just read the Defcon Orange message at Bunko's tracker....This just look better and better...I was hoping it was just my connection... -_-;;;

Nermal

Post by Nermal » Oct 20th, '04, 03:13

Yeah momo closed down his tracker. I'm really pissed about those attacks.. both for here and for inheavysyrup. Some people really... :x I find it really sad for people who don't necesseraly have access to those dramas or TV shows in their home country, now they are being deprived of one of the only place they could find it on the internet just because of stupid attackers. .....

Sorry for the rant!

DJSYLVERT

Post by DJSYLVERT » Oct 20th, '04, 03:46

Man i hope momo puts all the dramas on this site or some other one and i need to finish uploading Bokudakenomadonna. If u didnt realize this is Yuichi

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ericf » Oct 20th, '04, 05:38

I can't connect to any of the files at all. I guess I'll check this thread for when they might be available again.
I can't understand why someone would attack someone like that either.
ericf

Darkover

ummm

Post by Darkover » Oct 20th, '04, 20:57

Is the tracker down? i can't connect to the tracker, the message is:
problem connecting tracker - <urlopen error (10060. 'operation time out')
What is APF?

Atlantis-Princess

Post by Atlantis-Princess » Oct 20th, '04, 21:14

I keep getting that connection timed out error every once in a while too:

<urlopen error (10060. 'operation time out')
Weird stuff... what's up with that?

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 20th, '04, 23:20

at this time, i think you'll just have to be patient. i'm also getting that error on various torrents (seeding or dl'ing). i let one torrent window sit open for about half-an-hr before it finally connected. most new clients will attempt a reconnect every so often, so just leave the window open and hope for the best.

i have no idea what specific attacks are occurring, but some attacks just suck up bw and resources, so that might be why we're having problems reporting to the tracker...

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 20th, '04, 23:26

yes the server is still being attacked thats why sometimes you will get problems connecting to the tracker.

ericf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ericf » Oct 21st, '04, 19:56

I had to take my torrents down to restart the computer and now I can't connect.
I'm using Bittornado. Should I leave it open to try and reconnect? I don't see any peers or seeds.
Thanks.
ericf

hompie

Post by hompie » Oct 21st, '04, 20:41

I've got the same problem. After restarting my computer I restarted 1 download, lost 2 connections and can't connect to 2 more.

Hompie

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Oct 21st, '04, 22:52

ericf & hompie: i am also using bittornado. yes, as i mentioned before, open the client, click on Advanced, then Manual Announce (according to btornado website, this should assist in reconnecting to a tracker). close the Advanced window, and leave the torrent window open. it might take anywhere from 30min to an hour or so before it connects. in the meantime, you can go and watch some grass grow. :cry:

takkichi

Post by takkichi » Oct 21st, '04, 23:34

Ruroshin wrote:inheavysyrup's tracker is being attacked repeatly and increasing, in case you didn't know both inheavysyrup and d-addict's tracker are on the same machine. I've shutdown the webserver for now so the d-addicts's tracker stats won't be updating but the tracker itself should still be working fine.

Sadly to say I don't think inheavysyrup.com will be comming back online. :-( I've tried everything I know to stop these attacks but unfortunately I'm not competant enough and thus the attacker wins.
I think it's sad that whoever is doing the attacking has nothing better to do then to cause trouble for D-Addicts and In Heavy Syrup. That is sad news that inheavy won't be back. They had some really good stuff over there. It is so true that without both sites we don't have access to a lot of these dramas, shows, etc... I for one am greatful for the hard work you have done in keeping the site running for all of us to receive such shows. Much thanks!

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Oct 22nd, '04, 08:41

This situation makes me mad and sad. I loved inheavysyrup. It was the only place I could find BistroSMAP. I have had weird things happening on my PC recently and wondered if I had been taken over by aliens.
As far as inheavy syrup is concerned I do wonder if there is a sneaky effort to chase all that type of web site off the internet. Lots of commercial businesses have found out how popular Asian dramas and films have become and now they're on the warpath for the Dollars.
I don't know if I am dreaming this.. but it's possible. I watch dramas on TV. and I d/l sometimes..but I frequently put out my money and buy as well. In fact the d/l is the thing that nudges me to buy.

It's a mean old world at times..or some of the people are.

Peggy

ai_no_ken

Post by ai_no_ken » Oct 22nd, '04, 08:54

Nermal wrote:Yeah momo closed down his tracker. I'm really pissed about those attacks.. both for here and for inheavysyrup. Some people really... :x I find it really sad for people who don't necesseraly have access to those dramas or TV shows in their home country, now they are being deprived of one of the only place they could find it on the internet just because of stupid attackers. .....

Sorry for the rant!
gosh....why does that "group of deprived people" sound so much like me? As a matter of fact, I am one of those who do not have access to Japanese varieties and dramas except through IHS and I'm really sad that its gone now. I'm just hoping that some kind souls can actually tell me where else I can get such stuff so I can at least get my hands on them and start uploading torrents too. (I feel guilty just downloading and not uploading even though I seed every file I download for at least a week after I complete it) With that, I could help other people who are also deprived of such shows and at the same time save regular uploaders some bandwidth.

hompie

Post by hompie » Oct 22nd, '04, 16:26

open the client, click on Advanced, then Manual Announce (according to btornado website, this should assist in reconnecting to a tracker
Thanks for the tip, jholic. I'll keep this mind the next time it happens. But all connections were established within 30 mins, so I was complaining too soon, just being impatient. :)

Hompie

Nermal

Post by Nermal » Oct 22nd, '04, 17:23

I have picked up after a few series on the PMM tracker (sorry if this is not allowed to talk.. I don't know) so just check it out.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 22nd, '04, 21:35

Nermal wrote:I have picked up after a few series on the PMM tracker (sorry if this is not allowed to talk.. I don't know) so just check it out.
Good work Nermal :)

oct_7

Post by oct_7 » Oct 26th, '04, 05:09

If i may ask, what is PMM tracker? Is there anything i can do to continue my dl during this attack? I've started dling for 2 hours, and i only get 1 seed with only 1.1 kbs. I'm dl ing attic cat rite now.

Thank u,

Regards,

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Oct 26th, '04, 05:12

i hope nothing serious happen to d-a tracker now :glare:

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 26th, '04, 05:34

oct_7 wrote:If i may ask, what is PMM tracker? Is there anything i can do to continue my dl during this attack? I've started dling for 2 hours, and i only get 1 seed with only 1.1 kbs. I'm dl ing attic cat rite now.
PMM tracker = Public Morning Musume tracker http://torrents.theppn.org
aka Bunko's aka Womby's aka whatever won the official "name the tracker competition" (I think it's DAMN now)... :roll

As for what you can do....Pretty much all you can do is just patiently wait it out....

mongbat

Post by mongbat » Oct 26th, '04, 05:52

is the tracker down or is it just me?
damn i formated my comp and all my d-addicts torrent's aren't working right anymore

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 26th, '04, 05:58

it should be the tracker. i'm having trouble with the torrents, too. :cry:

dofuagedashi

Me too

Post by dofuagedashi » Oct 26th, '04, 06:34

Yup,

Mine says offline(NoRouteToHostException: NoRouteToHost: connect) I'm using Azureus. Before this happened, the dl was really slow. This attack thing really sucks...what are they tyring to prove anyways...

lolipss
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by lolipss » Oct 26th, '04, 06:38

i hope the tracker is not down because of the MPAA thing again :crazy:

argh....

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 26th, '04, 07:09

I can't connect to the server, I'm assuming its either down or there's some networking problem. All I can do now is wait for a reply from provider.

Camui

*sighs*

Post by Camui » Oct 26th, '04, 07:25

Hopefully, the provider will reply soon then. :D

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Oct 26th, '04, 09:10

rebooted the server and things are back to normal.

oct_7

Post by oct_7 » Oct 26th, '04, 09:23

yeah baby. Back to business. :D.

Thank u

Regards,

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Oct 26th, '04, 17:14

yay!!!! :w00t:
arigato ruroshin~!!!

Moonfan

Post by Moonfan » Nov 6th, '04, 08:58

I have a question

Am I the only one who has "Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>" when I try to connect to a torrent on d addicts since yesterday?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I tried to change the URL of the tracker to http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce but it still didn't help

Moonfan

Post by Moonfan » Nov 6th, '04, 15:50

When I tried on some friend's computer, it didn't work either...

Are there some ips which can't connect?

jrudiman

Post by jrudiman » Nov 6th, '04, 16:38

dunno.. it's working fine for me

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Nov 7th, '04, 02:45

i was also having some problems connecting to d-addicts and jdorama also.

working fine now.

anifran

Post by anifran » Nov 10th, '04, 02:34

i can't download the torrents since yesterday. is anyone having this problem? i have no problem connecting to the tracker using an old torrent that was still on my computer. this is the error message i'm getting:

"Internet explorer cannot download champ_ep_14.torrent from momusu.lunarpages.com. The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response."

i tried downloading different torrents but getting the same error message. are some ips banned due to the recent attacks? does anyone have a solution? please help :cry:

thanks

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Nov 10th, '04, 02:51

have you tried saving the torrent file to your HDD then double clicking it?

anifran

Post by anifran » Nov 10th, '04, 06:41

hi ruroshin,

thanks for replying. yes, i usually save the torrent to my hard drive then double click to activate. this helps me keep track of the torrents i want to download before it moves to the 2nd page since d-addict members are so generous. :wub:

it's probably some firewall thingamagy.... :crazy:

jojoboi

Post by jojoboi » Nov 11th, '04, 23:12

tracker is down for me right now. i know its not my side as it was working 2 hours ago. anyone know whatsup?

Jercouzen

Post by Jercouzen » Dec 3rd, '04, 11:27

right now i'm getting this mesage:

Problem connecting to tracker -< urlopen error <7, 'getaddrinfo failed'>>

i'm on Burst! btw..

Zetai

Post by Zetai » Dec 3rd, '04, 11:45

Alright someone get me the name and the ip of who ever is making an attackon the server. I just got home from the office..... Im tired, disgruntled and seriously would be willing to make a few house calls. :x then again maybe I just need some cofee :unsure: LOL

melich

Post by melich » Dec 3rd, '04, 12:04

i'm having problems downlading too! i keep on getting the "tracker failed to connect" error message. help anyone?

Jercouzen

Post by Jercouzen » Dec 3rd, '04, 13:14

so the tracker really is down.. LOL
i thought it was my network configurations.. router sometimes act up :P

neonkinpatsu
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by neonkinpatsu » Dec 3rd, '04, 13:23

Odd....people keep saying this, but I've been connected to it all night :blink I'm using ABC and am connected to Damo ep 12 and Full House ep 9 (icedrama rip). If there are any problems, I must have gotten on beforehand...

Zetai

Post by Zetai » Dec 3rd, '04, 13:44

I was downloading yesterday uptill around 4pm eastern standard time, when my room mate closed out my files to work on some project. When I started BT back up at 8:00pm it gave me the same "problem connecting to tracker, url error, getadd failed" message after several reboots, restarts, and redownloading of the torrent file. I had hoped it would have connected in the mean time but Im unfortunatly still recieving the same msg this morning!!! :glare: :cry: Jeez its going to be a long day! LOL

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 3rd, '04, 14:29

hmms...odd. the tracker seems to be fine...working a-okay for me.

however last night, my downloads were queued for a while but after a while, they started downloading.

just leave your bittorrent client open for a while, and it'll be okay, hopefully. :)

Jercouzen

Post by Jercouzen » Dec 3rd, '04, 14:36

well.. taking a while for qeues is different from Problem connecting to tracker -< urlopen error <7, 'getaddrinfo failed'>>..

hope it gets fixed soon @_@

duckie

Post by duckie » Dec 3rd, '04, 14:38

I got this msg when trying to d/l Damo ep12 & Stained Glass ep2. -> Can't Connect Tracker (11001) :unsure:

I can connect to Love in Harvard ep3 tho.

I'm using BitComet. 0.56 Help. :-(

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 3rd, '04, 14:44

:O i think you're right. if you're downloading a new torrent, it doesn't seem to connect to the tracker. i'm testing it out right now because i'm trying to reseed Sweet 18 episodes but it's not letting me reseed. :crazy:

but my other downloads/uploads seem to be fine [referring to those that were downloading before last night]

beer

Post by beer » Dec 3rd, '04, 15:31

Irrelevantly I have no problems with the tracker, but one of my connections has had problems connecting to the forum the last few days.

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Dec 3rd, '04, 15:33

lilswtangel wrote::O i think you're right. if you're downloading a new torrent, it doesn't seem to connect to the tracker. i'm testing it out right now because i'm trying to reseed Sweet 18 episodes but it's not letting me reseed. :crazy:

but my other downloads/uploads seem to be fine [referring to those that were downloading before last night]
Yes because you are still connected straight to the peers from last night. But propably (as me) you won't be able to "speak" to the tracker so if you restart the torrents they would appear dead... I hope sombody does something about this... I want to upload!!!!!!

Zetai

Post by Zetai » Dec 3rd, '04, 22:39

okumasama........ that is some serious dedication :D Banzai, Banzai, Banzai

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 3rd, '04, 23:04

There were some brief problem yesterday with nameservers but it should be fixed now maybe its just taking a bit to propagate to your dns.

You could always try a manual announce http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce

duckie

Post by duckie » Dec 3rd, '04, 23:09

Ruroshin wrote:There were some brief problem yesterday with nameservers but it should be fixed now maybe its just taking a bit to propagate to your dns.

Thanks Ruroshin! It's working now. :D

Zetai

Post by Zetai » Dec 4th, '04, 00:19

Ruroshin to the rescue! Thanks!!!

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 4th, '04, 00:25

Ruroshin wrote:There were some brief problem yesterday with nameservers but it should be fixed now maybe its just taking a bit to propagate to your dns.
:dance: thanks ruro~!!
i'll keep that in mind next time~ :lol

enazekinaz

Post by enazekinaz » Dec 4th, '04, 00:33

Jercouzen wrote:well.. taking a while for qeues is different from Problem connecting to tracker -< urlopen error <7, 'getaddrinfo failed'>>..

im having the same problem too :blink and still cannot d/l anything from d-addicts
i already went to this site: http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce
and it gives me : d14:failure reason17:info hash missinge
can someone explain this to me? :blink
thank you in advanced :|

lilyella

Post by lilyella » Dec 4th, '04, 00:47

enazekinaz wrote:
Jercouzen wrote:well.. taking a while for qeues is different from Problem connecting to tracker -< urlopen error <7, 'getaddrinfo failed'>>..

im having the same problem too :blink and still cannot d/l anything from d-addicts
i already went to this site: http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce
and it gives me : d14:failure reason17:info hash missinge
can someone explain this to me? :blink
thank you in advanced :|
and i thought i was the only one! me too! i am getting those messages.

could someone please help us?

Jercouzen

Post by Jercouzen » Dec 4th, '04, 03:27

you don't have to go to that link.. just change the tracker manually.

edit: Burst! doesn't seem to et me do that.. trying another BT client.

okumasama

Post by okumasama » Dec 4th, '04, 04:30

* This message is re-edited since finally it won't work with Windows notepad as I suggested before.
1. Download Ultra edit here: http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name ... etit&lid=1
2.Install it.
3.Open the .torrent file with Ultra Edit.
4.At the absolute beggining of the file, between all that machine code there should be this:"http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce".
5.Change very carefully only this into "http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce". Be carefull not to change anything else before or after that text.
6.Save the file and exit Ultra edit.
7.Now load the torrent into any client and it should work.

Zetai

Post by Zetai » Dec 4th, '04, 04:45

Ok here is what I did to fix the tracker problem:

Im using bitcomet.......
inside the bitcomet program
add your torrent
NOW
right click on the file name
select properties
click the advanced tab
now in the tracker list box click on the end of the url then hit enter
now paste this url on the new text line....
http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce
and then hit ok
after that just start the file as normal

Hope this works for you guys as well !!!!

MoerkJ
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MoerkJ » Dec 4th, '04, 05:05

okumasama wrote:* This message is re-edited since finally it won't work with Windows notepad as I suggested before.
1. Download Ultra edit here: http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name ... etit&lid=1
2.Install it.
3.Open the .torrent file with Ultra Edit.
4.At the absolute beggining of the file, between all that machine code there should be this:"http://d-addicts.net:7979/announce".
5.Change very carefully only this into "http://217.172.47.44:7979/announce". Be carefull not to change anything else before or after that text.
6.Save the file and exit Ultra edit.
7.Now load the torrent into any client and it should work.
Better don't use text editors to edit torrent files. You can use MakeTorrent for that. It has a built-in torrent editor. (chose edit tab)
I never use UE anymore since I found that out. XD