Inoue Mao

Discuss about your favourite Japanese Actors and Actresses
roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 19th, '08, 07:07

zeroic, right on! Them JE boys..their "prettiness" makes me insecure. Makes me wanna throw things. XD lmao. Plus, no offense to current JE fangirls, but Hallyu boys dance and sing better than JE idols, and i realized this just now. I think I might've fallen for korean boys. But still, SNSD and Mao are my main concern. Mao and SNSD saranghaeyo~
Yo Ken. I dunno, Ken was the first thing that came up. lolz. Yeah i think I saw that list. One of the most liked was Horikita Maki, but Mao was nowhere to be found. Why wouldn't Mao be in the most liked list? What's wrong with the human race nowadays?

celki

Post by celki » Mar 19th, '08, 11:27

oww... roxie that's very sad to hear. you're one of the top advocates of yamaopi. though i really much enjoy your fanfic but i hear you. there will come a point where we'll lost interest in things. i'm just glad that your still much very into our favorite girl, mao-chan ne.

and i'm with jo, you can put it on an indefinite hold or a hiatus, maybe.

by the way, i found this very awesome fanvid of yamaopi in youtube. it's really well-made ne. just watch it minna. (and maybe after watching it roxie, it will reignite your yamaopi fire. lolz)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5NA84_DU67g

and KurosakiKaien, welcome to the world of maoholics. XD

roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 19th, '08, 12:46

sugoi i thought we were the only yamaopi lovers in the world. lol.
turns out there are many out there......*twilight zone music*
but still, no more Johnny's for me. I dehypnotized myself already.
celki the vid was awesome! It was well-done. Like a steak. XD

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 19th, '08, 16:38

Oh man, now I'm hungry XD

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 19th, '08, 22:55

Thanks celki~

roxie > Heheh sounds good.. that's a mighty impressive guess... considering that's my name in Japan hehehe ^^;; けんなら大丈夫~

As for why Mao-chan wasn't on that list... I'd prefer her not to be on either list, seeing as how there's always those 'losers' (for a lack of a better term) who like to jump on the 'hating bandwagon' just for the sake of going against trends.... if you get what i mean.. -_-;;

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Mar 20th, '08, 01:14

Hey KurosakiKaien or shall I call "Ken" where is the source of this most liked J-Actress list coming from? I'm curious about it...

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 20th, '08, 02:33

^^I'd bet it was probably an Oricon poll. They always have plenty of ridiculous things for everyone for vote on :whistling:

Ken that is smart thinking about not wanting Mao on either of those polls. I dont know much about the Sawajiri/Masami groups things but I wouldnt want her to be associated with those either, possibly due to being on a poll or whatever...

Mao just wants to make people smile :-)

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 20th, '08, 07:06

Apparently it's some yearly poll by "Bubka"... which seems very shady; however, given that the names on the list of 'most hated' seem fairly legitimate to me (with exception to Nagasawa) I wouldn't deem it false or entirely fabricated.

I got the news from erika-sawajiri.net, probably one of the larger Sawajiri-sama fan sites.

ats > That's exactly what I mean, I realize that there are reasons as to why she should be on the polls, but on the whole we should be happy that no one's stupid enough to hate her ^^;;

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 21st, '08, 16:33

hi minna :D

wow it's been ages ne! LOL grounded from the internet LOL XD

KurosakiKaien moshimosoooosh! hello there! a new "face"! maji happy mao's charm has worked on you ne! she's our favorite girl XD and you're right about the polls. they're double-edged swords. and i really don't want to see mao on there. on one hand, it really shows one's popularity (if that is possible) on another, i'm just happy mao's giving us quality dramas/movies/guestings/goof-ups XD she's darn cute! do people still say "darn"? LOL!

anyway, roxie may your JE fantasies rest in peace now LOL! it's so sad to hear about the yamaopi fic ne but at least we have your yamaopi fic deep in our hearts! (i'm far from over it though! LOL! human nature i guess. they all want what they still don't have XD) but i'm maji happy too like celki to know that mao-chan's still your favorite girl ne! LOL! now i'm thinking when my fascination with pi will die a horrible death LOL!

hey, has anyone ever made an avie of this piccu of mao with the ramen? LOL i love that pic! http://community.livejournal.com/hanayo ... 73820.html
somebody should totally make an avie! come to think of it, i need to change mine. mao might become permanently cross-eyed in my mind LOL

a shout-out to Ats, jo, shan, ranj, celki, zijin, zeiroc!

i can't believe i'm asking this but where's sahansah? LOL MIA too?

oh my... i have too many things to catch up on... i don't think i'll be able to XD

i believe the hanadan shooting is about to come to an end ne? T_T so sad... i somehow don't want june to come.. i don't want it to ever end... sniff... LOL! i want more rabu-rabu!

sorry for the long post minna! but i think it will be another while before i can post again XD i can't post on all the forums T_T

and here is my yamaopi obsession (forgive a girl for this please?) i made a video! LOL

and i've added chapter 5 to my fic XD

and anyone up for some yamaopi manips? LOL! i've been bitten by the maotsujun bug as well! LOL so random!

i'm off! ja ne!

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 21st, '08, 19:14

yamapinku-rabu wrote:hi minna :D

wow it's been ages ne! LOL grounded from the internet LOL XD

hey, has anyone ever made an avie of this piccu of mao with the ramen? LOL i love that pic! http://community.livejournal.com/hanayo ... 73820.html
somebody should totally make an avie! come to think of it, i need to change mine. mao might become permanently cross-eyed in my mind LOL

i can't believe i'm asking this but where's sahansah? LOL MIA too?

oh my... i have too many things to catch up on... i don't think i'll be able to XD

i believe the hanadan shooting is about to come to an end ne? T_T so sad... i somehow don't want june to come.. i don't want it to ever end... sniff... LOL! i want more rabu-rabu!

and here is my yamaopi obsession (forgive a girl for this please?) i made a video! LOL

and i've added chapter 5 to my fic XD

i'm off! ja ne!
hey rabu! good to see you back, even if it's just for a bit!

ill make you an icon of it :thumleft: since you may not be back for a while, ill PM it to you.

yeah, it's really too bad it is coming to an end. There are some spoilers on soompi and there were some major ones on Hanadan LJ but they got deleted cause they were too big! :-( We will forever have to fulfill our Hanadan desires with old material. Not that that's bad though :lol

I'll check out the video later. I've gotta drive home cause it's spring break! wooo!!!!! :cheers:

Stop by again soon :thumright: Ja ne!

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 22nd, '08, 01:53

I am back!! I had to give format to my comp and this past days i ahve been completelly off!! Any news?? did i miss something??

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 22nd, '08, 03:32

Ginoru wrote:I am back!! I had to give format to my comp and this past days i ahve been completelly off!! Any news?? did i miss something??
Ah, formatting sucks :-(
They announced the guest stars in the movie and for most of them, what their roles are. That's pretty much been it. There's been a few clips but they are all basically the same. The HYD LJ has been kept pretty updated plus there's a link to the video there too :thumleft:

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 22nd, '08, 10:08

Thanks for the welcome rabu~

Hihi Ginoru, 僕が君達と比べたら、井上真央様の新しいファンですけど。。。

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 23rd, '08, 00:09

Ha, Ken just wanted to let you know that the majority of us who frequent this thread can't read Japanese :lol So I wasn't sure if you were trying to say anything important that we couldn't read.

boxochocolate

Post by boxochocolate » Mar 23rd, '08, 03:12

I believe he means to say that compared to everyone else, he's a rather new fan of Inoue Mao.

roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 24th, '08, 04:55

wow thanks for that express translation boxochocolate! XD
love your name..."life is like a boxochocolate..." lmao. :lol
Man I wish I could read japanese. pinku and i promised each other before that we would write to Mao in japanese and really mail it to her and i don't know bout her but I never did mine...lol. I haven't a clue what to say to her. XD
This thread is sooo lonely. The old mao thread was...rowdy. :goggle: especially when sasha was always around. Aaww i miss the old mao thread..how many pages did we reach? 800? 900? gah. :unsure:

thehibiscus

Post by thehibiscus » Mar 24th, '08, 05:29

celki wrote:oww... roxie that's very sad to hear. you're one of the top advocates of yamaopi. though i really much enjoy your fanfic but i hear you. there will come a point where we'll lost interest in things. i'm just glad that your still much very into our favorite girl, mao-chan ne.

and i'm with jo, you can put it on an indefinite hold or a hiatus, maybe.

by the way, i found this very awesome fanvid of yamaopi in youtube. it's really well-made ne. just watch it minna. (and maybe after watching it roxie, it will reignite your yamaopi fire. lolz)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5NA84_DU67g

and KurosakiKaien, welcome to the world of maoholics. XD
Ha, thanks for this. It helped with the fic I'm writing at the moment (yes it's a Maopi) (amongst other things). Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/TheHibiscus3/

I want them to work together too. Hopefully one day! And I <3 Mao. I think the reason that Maki is more popular (even though Mao is wayyyyy senior than her) is cuz Mao has kept a low profile, that is to say, she doesn't work as much as Maki does, preferring instead to focus on her education the moment. I like both of them - heh, it'd be great if they act together some day. =)

roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 24th, '08, 07:53

Wow more yamaopi shippers, huh? Good, good.
that yamaopi fanvid..i've seen it 10x already XD
it's really convincing. Made me regret I discontinued my fic..just a lil bit. :roll

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 24th, '08, 09:02

rabu > Forgot to comment that the video is incredibly well made, lovin' it! One exception.. needs more Propose shots! heheeheh

ats > Sorry about that... force of habit... XD

boxochoco > Good translation, though I'm not newer than everyone... just everyone here hehehehe ^^;;

roxie > If you ever need help writing such a letter, feel free to let mw know. I'd be more than willing to help you with any translation.

hibiscus > Everyone should be a yamaopi fan, they'd be great. We all know it..!

boxochocolate

Post by boxochocolate » Mar 24th, '08, 20:46

roxieanonymous wrote:wow thanks for that express translation boxochocolate! XD
Man I wish I could read japanese.
Thank you :) I've been studying it for several years.

I think Mao will find a lot more popularity with more exposure as time goes by. I remember thinking the first time I saw her in Hana Yori Dango how it was such a relief to be looking at a normal, pretty actress rather than some gorgeous idol pretending to be otherwise. They did well in the casting, and she acted beautifully.

thehibiscus

Post by thehibiscus » Mar 24th, '08, 21:00

KurosakiKaien wrote:rabu > Forgot to comment that the video is incredibly well made, lovin' it! One exception.. needs more Propose shots! heheeheh

ats > Sorry about that... force of habit... XD

boxochoco > Good translation, though I'm not newer than everyone... just everyone here hehehehe ^^;;

roxie > If you ever need help writing such a letter, feel free to let mw know. I'd be more than willing to help you with any translation.

hibiscus > Everyone should be a yamaopi fan, they'd be great. We all know it..!
If it gets them working together, yes! Why can they NOT see it? Why why! That is one of the greatest mysteries ever. ;)

epi

Post by epi » Mar 24th, '08, 21:59

thehibiscus wrote: Ha, thanks for this. It helped with the fic I'm writing at the moment (yes it's a Maopi) (amongst other things). Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.winglin.net/fanfic/TheHibiscus3/
you wrote beautifully ... i just read the foreword and your sentences are just beautiful ...
unfortunately i'm at work right now but definitely will finish it up once i'm home
there are quite a few yamaopi fanfics out there and almost all the ones that i've read are great, engaging and very very sweet ... u guys are so talented!!!

anyway i agree with you ... i really wish that these two will work together in a drama
how about MARS?? :lol
it's kinda a long-time unfulfilled wish that i have ... MARS drama jap version ... still torn between yamapi and mao or shun and aoi yu
really really hope that it'll happen one day

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Mar 24th, '08, 22:30

boxochocolate wrote:
roxieanonymous wrote:wow thanks for that express translation boxochocolate! XD
Man I wish I could read japanese.
Thank you :) I've been studying it for several years.

I think Mao will find a lot more popularity with more exposure as time goes by. I remember thinking the first time I saw her in Hana Yori Dango how it was such a relief to be looking at a normal, pretty actress rather than some gorgeous idol pretending to be otherwise. They did well in the casting, and she acted beautifully.
i'm rooting for this too :D mao is always a breath of fresh air ne!

thehibiscus
yeh and mao in the same fic is pure love <3 loving the fic... seriously LOL hopefully there will be more yamaopi (i am demanding i know LOL) and i don't get why they can't see yamaopi will be great ne! all in due time maybe

anyway i looooove the characters of mao, yeh and ariel lin in your fic ne! i would totally love seeing them in a dorama like this LOL so wishful thinking... i love the bond that they have and their personalities so far XD i can totally imagine them! i love how artistic mao's character is and how she worships elvis LOL and how she fights with ariel XD i love her character and hope she gets to play a role like this (mio's a bit close to it though in some ways) i've said love one too many times XD i can't wait for more of mao's story ne! and how it's going to be between pi and her!! she doesn't think he's a radiant being? that's what i like about it! LOL hope more juiciness LOL and fran with her shoes and sunglasses is <3 (i'll transfer this to winglin LOL)

epi i loved the tw version MARS ne! vic and barbie are ling and qiluo :wub: but do you think japan will ever do one? the theme is a bit dark ne... but i'm all for pi and mao. or maybe shun and mao LOL don't mind me!

rox
i miss the old thread too.. we were... totally insane LOL

ken
sangkyuu for that ne! maji happy! i thought of propose too ne LOL but i don't have the videos *hides*

has hyd cast done their crank-up? :cry: sigh hanadan final indeed...

ja ne!

thehibiscus

Post by thehibiscus » Mar 25th, '08, 00:40

Epi: Thanks! Hehe. I've been looking for Maopi fics, send some my way if you know any of them. Actually, I don't mind ANY Mao fan fics - I don't care who the pairing is.

And wouldn't it be total hotness if Mao and Shun were to act together, just them without any Jun present. Haha. Not that I dislike Jun - I like all of them. Mao makes them look good eh? ;)

Yamapiggy: Thank you for the comment. I dunno what i was thinking when I put Ariel, Mao and YEH all together. I like all three of them and then I threw in Toma and Maki...annnnnd there's someone else being introduced in the next chapter. ;)

As for Yamaopi? OF COURSE! I don't care if the characters dislike it or protest, I'mma beat them into being together in my fic. Haha. As soon as school's done, I'll be writing again. We'll see how it goes and thanks again for reading!

Do you think she'll be acting in an actual drama any time soon? (After Hanadan final T.T, that is.) T.T

roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 25th, '08, 02:41

^ I second that! :lol
Initially I was a Shun x Mao shipper before anything else. Watching HYD, I always fall for the quiet, mysterious nice guy and Makino x Rui made me like HYD more. Not that I didn't support Makino x Domyouji, I mean I do enjoy bad boys from time to time. XD
I remember there was a rumor that Shun and Mao dated (that stemmed from a pic they took together at some show) which got me all giddy, but it probably isn't true. Sigh sigh. :-(
Shun goes for types of gravure models, or in one case, Morning Musume members., and probably only sees Mao as his little sister. But who knows..incest isn't really shocking in Japan. lol. XD

thehibiscus

Post by thehibiscus » Mar 25th, '08, 02:52

Roxie: LOL @ incest. Bahaha.

Who knows, perhaps romance sparked between Mao and Shun. Mao wants to do plays (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't she majoring in theater?) and Shun has a lot of experience soo I don't know where I'm going with this but hey! There has to be some attraction somewhere. *grins*

Shun and Mao as Ling and Qi Luo in Mars? Could work, in fact I can almost see it. But I can also see Mao and Pi. Aaaahhhh. Can't we have two versions? Hehe.

We're going to see a return of the MaoxJun shippers after the Hanadan movie. Actually I thought the chemistry between Mao and her First Kiss brother was awesome too and they made such a cute couple. =D

payton89222

Post by payton89222 » Mar 25th, '08, 07:29

thanks GIF master, my siggy is full of MAO's medicines :D

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 25th, '08, 07:41

np roxie, be happy to help ^^;;

payton > Very nice indeed! may have to ask ats to hook me up as well... XD

Btw... for all the crazed yamaopi fans (meaning pretty much everyone here).. Propose SP tonight!!

celki

Post by celki » Mar 25th, '08, 08:52

payton's sig is full of maoness. :lol

payton89222

Post by payton89222 » Mar 25th, '08, 21:29

KurosakiKaien wrote: payton > Very nice indeed! may have to ask ats to hook me up as well... XD
yup, if you want my GIFs, u can take it :-)

payton89222

Post by payton89222 » Mar 25th, '08, 21:30

celki wrote:payton's sig is full of maoness. :lol
for sure :lol MOANESS :wub:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 27th, '08, 00:11

payton is that fourth pic of mao a CM? what CM was that? its really cute and funny. i thought it was from hanadan movie. lolz. :D

roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 27th, '08, 00:33

^ yep it's a CM! I know I'm not peyton, but I'll answer for her. LOL.
It's a CM for the bank she's endorsing. She's so cute running in business attire! XD

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 27th, '08, 00:50

lol, her... payton is a guy :lol but yeah ill answer for him as well and say that roxie is right :lol
Mizuho Bank. She's done various other CMs for Mizuho Bank as well, including the Chinese Boat one (one of payton's other gifs, the green one) and one where Mao was on an elevator.

btw, that gif I did isn't my best work really. too many limitations and stuff to cram in while keeping it at a decent quality.

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Mar 27th, '08, 02:02

so....I know it's already been discussed and searched for, but anyone have a clue whether Anmitsu Hime is subbed yet?

I hope it's not placed in the "dropped project" list :cry:

roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 27th, '08, 02:58

omo..lolz. Sorry, when I hear the name Payton I immediately picture Hilarie Burton from One Tree Hill..she's gorgeous btw. lol. Anyway, that's out of topic.
zeiroc, i remember there was a subbing team that's gonna sub it..I forgot which though.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 27th, '08, 04:24

atskv9 wrote:lol, her... payton is a guy :lol but yeah ill answer for him as well and say that roxie is right :lol
Mizuho Bank. She's done various other CMs for Mizuho Bank as well, including the Chinese Boat one (one of payton's other gifs, the green one) and one where Mao was on an elevator.

btw, that gif I did isn't my best work really. too many limitations and stuff to cram in while keeping it at a decent quality.

i noticed that too ats... maybe you used dither toO much? i hate it when gifs goes like that on me. damn... do you still have the link for it ats? did you try hosting it? i want to download the cms.. lolz..

oh.. have i mentioned i missed this thread? lolz...
hi roxie!!! :D i think i saw on a back read that rabu made a shoutout including me...
hello minna san!!!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 27th, '08, 04:26

zeiroc wrote:so....I know it's already been discussed and searched for, but anyone have a clue whether Anmitsu Hime is subbed yet?

ah... i heard they are still currently doing it. im waiting for the Hanaikusa sub! i wonder who did it? i forgot to announce it here in d-addicts that i have dropped the project :( gomenasai minna.. i just don't have any subbers to help me get by.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 27th, '08, 05:06

biniBningPunkista wrote:i noticed that too ats... maybe you used dither toO much? i hate it when gifs goes like that on me. damn... [/color][/b]
well using more dither makes the gifs look better and retain better quality but they end up looking grainy. Less dither reduces the filesize so i used less than the normal setting to lower the gif to 1.5MB along with deleting some frames here and there.
biniBningPunkista wrote:
zeiroc wrote:so....I know it's already been discussed and searched for, but anyone have a clue whether Anmitsu Hime is subbed yet?

ah... i heard they are still currently doing it. im waiting for the Hanaikusa sub! i wonder who did it?
you heard from TimelesSub that they are still working on Anmitsu Hime?
Hanaikusa should still be being worked on by Querbeet based on their fansub wiki, but im worried it's going to take longer to finish now since i noticed they volunteered to work on alot of spring dramas... :unsure:

payton89222

Post by payton89222 » Mar 27th, '08, 07:09

lol, thanks atskv9 to clarify i'm a GUY....it's all cool
hey atskv9 i was wondering if u can fix the newest GIF's graphic a lil more smooth, just like other 3 CMs that u made :mrgreen: , is it possible ? :D

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 27th, '08, 08:49

payton89222 wrote:hey atskv9 i was wondering if u can fix the newest GIF's graphic a lil more smooth, just like other 3 CMs that u made :mrgreen: , is it possible ? :D
sorry its not possible without increasing the filesize of the gif dramatically, atleast with the means I know of. I was trying to keep it at 1.5MB because large files can be annoying to download for people with slower connections. Not to mention you've got four gifs :lol

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 27th, '08, 09:00

Thanks for the kind gesture payton~

ats > Works of art indeed! Will have to request some in the future... T_T lol

If anyone is desperate for some MAOtastic action.. Ebay already has Anmitsu-hime subbed on there (however...) how good it is.. I can't really say... though the purodai subs were fantastic!

Speaking of which.. the SP... amazing! all Yamapi fans should watch it.. despite it being Mao-less :(

karz000

Post by karz000 » Mar 27th, '08, 09:35

hey people, i just watched the episode of domoto kyoudai, with the one with mao.. her second appearance actually.. hahah. its soo funny, i love mao..

anyway, im just asking people for help, like, cause when they asked her, like what would be the phrase that she needed to say but made her think "i can't do this".. something like that.. then she said the one with...."You're the only one i love.. Ba-ka" and i was like aaaaawwww.. i think she said that in HYD. im not sure. anyway, can anyone help me translate it to japanese. cause of course she said it in japanese, but i couldn't catch it.. and i wanna put it on my myspace.. hahaha. so like can anyone help me translate it.. well like this what i got, and i know this is like wrong.. "uri ga skinanoa omayideo. ba-ka"

thaanks. :D

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 27th, '08, 23:28

I'd be happy to help if you wouldn't mind directing me to where I could view domoto kyoudai? Thanks ^^;;

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 28th, '08, 00:59

Here's a link to it: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v764733q5cTgcQH
Here's one with english subs: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1222653RPsZqzA2

Not sure but it sounds like the part she wants translated can actually all be found in the last episode of HYD1.

karz000

Post by karz000 » Mar 28th, '08, 01:35

oh i watched it in crunchyroll

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-182087 ... -Subs.html

yeahp. its really funny. and mao iss sooo cute. hahah.

yeah i think she said it in hyd, i just forgot when. hahah.

roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 28th, '08, 07:26

I can totally imagine mao say that in real life. XD
"The one I like is you, Jun. Ba~ka."
lmao.
That line was in my previous yamaopi fanfic too. The line was cute so I put it in my story. lol. :lol

karz000

Post by karz000 » Mar 29th, '08, 00:37

i knooow. mao was sooo cute when she said thaaat. i was like.... aaaaawwwwwwww......

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 29th, '08, 06:30

俺が好きなのはお前だよ バ~か!
Romaji form:
Ore ga suki na no wa omae da yo ba~ka!

Sorry it took so long.. been busy with some... lame.. presentation junk to do...

Thanks for the links ats, karz!

Also, if you're looking for a breakdown, please keep in mind that there's probably a number of reasons as to why she says she could never say it, baka being only the tip of the surface.

In actuality there's actually nothing in that sentence that says "i like only you", just that its implied, as well as most of you probably already know "Ore" is very casual/rude/derogatory and particularly NOT used by females (though females are now occasionally using "Boku"). (Not mentiong the use of "omae" either hehe)
Last edited by KurosakiKaien on Mar 29th, '08, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.

karz000

Post by karz000 » Mar 29th, '08, 07:03

thaanks for the translation kurosakikaien!

sooo.. oohh.. so what does the sentence really mean?... hahah. cause i've been saying it the whole daay not knowing what it really means. hahah.

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Mar 29th, '08, 07:20

You can just call me "Ken" karz, as roxie has dubbed me ^^;;

A word by word break down of the phrase is

"Ore ga suki na no wa Omae da yo baka"
"The one I like is you, don't you know idiot?"
I've transliterated it a little bit as with the subtitles, but basically "Ore" is a casual male form for "I" and "Omae" is a derogatory form of "you" (also used primarily by males).

Alternatives would be:
"Atashi/Watashi ga suki na no wa Kimi da yo Baka!"
I would honestly believe a girl could say that, the meaning is essentially the same, but the tone sounds softer and is less derogatory. But then again.. the entire phrase is derogatory which is why it makes it entertaining.

Similar to a phrase used in an anime/manga:
どうしたんですか おバカさん.
"Doushitan desu ka Obaka san?"
Essentially being polite in the speach by asking "What might be the problem/Is there something wrong? Mister Idiot/moron etc"

Hope this helps at least a little, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

バカじゃない!

definitely not the case ^^;;

zi91

Post by zi91 » Mar 29th, '08, 18:03

roxieanonymous wrote:I can totally imagine mao say that in real life. XD
"The one I like is you, Jun. Ba~ka."
lmao.
That line was in my previous yamaopi fanfic too. The line was cute so I put it in my story. lol. :lol
Yea I can imagine Mao saying that too!! she's just too sweet... Aww, saying it to Jun? that would be too great to happen ne?
Btw, to which scene is this line being said? can anyone tell me? wanna rewatch that scene :wub:

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 29th, '08, 21:55

zi91 wrote:Btw, to which scene is this line being said? can anyone tell me? wanna rewatch that scene :wub:
It happened in the very last episode (episode 9) of Hanadan season 1.
Remember the part when Makino is running after Domyouji's airplane and she gets them to stop? Well it's when they are talking right before the big hug that made Makino squeak :lol

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 30th, '08, 00:48

Errr....Want to see an enormous SPOILER from HYD Final?? I ask first just in case 8)

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 30th, '08, 01:02

I've seen it but I'm sure others would love to XD
DO IT GINORU!

edit: adding this cause I was going through Baidu thanks to a link Ginoru sent me
this pic is too funny! i know its a screencap and cant remember if ive seen it in a video clip (too lazy to find out) or not.

Superkyle

Post by Superkyle » Mar 30th, '08, 08:06

been tired of lurking and i got tired of shool and work so i decided to take a break and to come back to the Mao thread after what months of not showing my face??!! i dont know how long its been but its been long, havent been here since they announced HYD Movie and that was a long time ago.... i see that despite any new news of Mao you guys are still keeping the thread alive!!!!!!!!

any recent news on MAO???

yamapinku-rabu wrote: epi i loved the tw version MARS ne! vic and barbie are ling and qiluo :wub: but do you think japan will ever do one? the theme is a bit dark ne... but i'm all for pi and mao. or maybe shun and mao LOL don't mind me!
WHAT!!!!!!! :blink :blink :blink :O :crazy: :crazy:
when did you give up yama??? when!!! shun and mao!??!?!? NOOOO!!! this project is reserved for Yamaopi!!! and you know it--- on second tought... never mind i approve of Shun because i remember saying before that Pi or Shun should be Ling because then it would make a connection with the taiwanese MARS that the actors from MG acted in MARS and the actors of HYD should act in j-MARS!!!! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!

zi91

Post by zi91 » Mar 30th, '08, 13:02

Ginoru wrote:Errr....Want to see an enormous SPOILER from HYD Final?? I ask first just in case 8)
Hey yea! who would never want to watch a spoiler, especially from HYD Final? :roll

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Mar 30th, '08, 13:33

Superkyle wrote:
yamapinku-rabu wrote: epi i loved the tw version MARS ne! vic and barbie are ling and qiluo :wub: but do you think japan will ever do one? the theme is a bit dark ne... but i'm all for pi and mao. or maybe shun and mao LOL don't mind me!
WHAT!!!!!!! :blink :blink :blink :O :crazy: :crazy:
when did you give up yama??? when!!! shun and mao!??!?!? NOOOO!!! this project is reserved for Yamaopi!!! and you know it--- on second tought... never mind i approve of Shun because i remember saying before that Pi or Shun should be Ling because then it would make a connection with the taiwanese MARS that the actors from MG acted in MARS and the actors of HYD should act in j-MARS!!!! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!
lolz... i can't help but comment on this tOo. if you guys have noticed, in meteor garden, barbie was makino while vic was rui. while in hanadan, mao was makino and shun was rui... coOl ne? if they are really planning to make mars into a jdrama i would definitely be rooting for mao and shun in it. that would be REALLY something to look forward to. i want shun to stop being a binbou danshi, and let him become a motocross racer!!!! that would be sugoi!!!

then to see mao as an artist??? damn.. my fan-fic comes to life in the screen!!! hahaha... :cheers:

thehibiscus

Post by thehibiscus » Mar 30th, '08, 20:42

I was wondering... has Mao ever been on KAT TUN Cartoon (or whatever it's called)?

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 30th, '08, 23:56

thehibiscus No she hasn't. Horikita Maki and Toda Erica have

atskv9You should post it in the movie thread too ;)

OK LOL I'll put the pic under spoilers just in case, if you want me to remove the spoiler tag later just tell me ok??

From Baidu Forums
Last edited by Ginoru on Mar 31st, '08, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

thehibiscus

Post by thehibiscus » Mar 31st, '08, 00:37

*gasp*

Is that from HYD Final? *swooooon*

I read on the LJ Shun comm that the Hanadan crew were there to film the honeymoon scene for Domyoji and Makino.

It sucks that we'll have to wait for ages before we can watch it. *looks mournful*

Sorry, there as in Las Vegas. Some fan girls went to see. =)
Last edited by thehibiscus on Mar 31st, '08, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 31st, '08, 00:40

thehibiscus wrote:*gasp*

Is that from HYD Final? *swooooon*

I read on the LJ Shun comm that the Hanadan crew were there to film the honeymoon scene for Domyoji and Makino.

It sucks that we'll have to wait for ages before we can watch it. *looks mournful*
Wait :O there is going to be a honeymoon also? cool :-)

roxieanonymous

Post by roxieanonymous » Mar 31st, '08, 02:03

omg that piccu of mao in a wedding dress! Everyone's gonna wannamarry her now! XD
btw i can't help but LOL at the caption saying "SEXY" beside the pic. lmao.

honeatcha

Post by honeatcha » Mar 31st, '08, 02:38

She's soooo kawaii :wub: in that dress!!! Love the chemistry between them (MaoxJun). It's genuine and you can see it thru their body language as well. That's something acting classes didn't taught.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Mar 31st, '08, 03:26

Ginoru wrote:atskv9You should post it in the movie thread too ;)
ha looks like you did it already. no big deal. ive been pretty busy today and we wouldnt wanna make people wait! XD

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Mar 31st, '08, 22:00

XD Not the one i posted, the one you posted with Mao and Jun in Vegas <---(LOL this time i had light XD)

karz000

Post by karz000 » Apr 2nd, '08, 01:22

KurosakiKaien wrote:You can just call me "Ken" karz, as roxie has dubbed me
Thanks Ken for the Mao translations! hahah. now i get it more.. thaanks!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 2nd, '08, 04:42

waaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!! aaargh! i was trying so hard not to look at spoilers. now i saw mao in her wedding dress... :cry: i thought that was just a piccu. damn... i should have gone to back read first. ghaaa...!!!!
Last edited by biniBningPunkista on Apr 2nd, '08, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Apr 2nd, '08, 07:14

karz000 wrote:
No problem karz~ Feel free to ask any time.

punkista > Would you mind changing that text to spoiler text? you know.. just for others... thanks.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 2nd, '08, 16:44

KurosakiKaien wrote:
karz000 wrote:
No problem karz~ Feel free to ask any time.

punkista > Would you mind changing that text to spoiler text? you know.. just for others... thanks.
did what i just wrote become a spoiler thing? actually its a heads up for the spoiler pic. what's spoiler about what i just posted? :scratch:
sorry for this but im really confused.

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Apr 2nd, '08, 17:16

biniBningPunkista wrote:
KurosakiKaien wrote:punkista > Would you mind changing that text to spoiler text? you know.. just for others... thanks.
did what i just wrote become a spoiler thing? actually its a heads up for the spoiler pic. what's spoiler about what i just posted? :scratch:
sorry for this but im really confused.
It was probably the fact that
Mao is in a wedding dress. I think that's the spoiler. It's kind of implied with the movie but we don't wanna spoil it for anyone :D

mrsmilevskyi2001

Post by mrsmilevskyi2001 » Apr 3rd, '08, 16:08

hello~~ long time not posting in here :mrgreen:
anyway here is mao-chan's latest pic prolly from her new CM but i could be wrong though
:unsure:

credits to baidu and zin@LSS

zi91

Post by zi91 » Apr 3rd, '08, 17:10

oh my!! thanks mrsmilevskyi2001 for posting the photos!

Mao looked so gorgeous always!! a pretty, kind and cute goddess~~ :lol

KurosakiKaien

Post by KurosakiKaien » Apr 4th, '08, 00:00

What I was referring to as a spoiler ats hit right on the head.

mrsmilevsky > Thank you for the wonderful photos, gorgeous indeed~

Murii

Post by Murii » Apr 4th, '08, 02:06

Ginoru those pics are from the movie ???

and what cm is that?? :D
mao looks so kawaii ^^