[Discussion] Daisuki

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
arabian

[Discussion] Daisuki

Post by arabian » Dec 20th, '07, 20:20

@ Synopsis:

Yuzu, a mentally disabled woman with the mind of an 8-year-old, who falls in love with a man with a similar disability. She becomes pregnant, but he dies in an accident, leaving her alone in raising the child.

@ Cast:

Karina as Fukuhara Yuzu
Kishimoto Kayoko as Fukuhara Miyoko
Hiraoka Yuta as Fukuhara Ren
Konno Mahiru
Yo Kimiko
Fukuda Saki
Nakamura Shunsuke

* It's a kind of Human drama will broadcast on Jan-2008 to Mar-2008..

info credit to Dramawiki..

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Dec 20th, '07, 20:32

It has an attractive name but is so sad T__T

Thanks for sharing :D I'll consider watching it *can't resist the attractive name* ^^

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jan 17th, '08, 14:16

This drama was much better than I thought would be. The writers didn't take the path I expected and I'm overjoyed. The first episode's ending was quite unexpected. Subbing this drama will be both simple (vocabulary) and complicated (meaning). I look forward to the experience.

Karina rocks!!!!

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 17th, '08, 18:47

I'm looking forward to watch this drama really impatiently & thanxx for those who'll provide us with the subs..I hope someone can post the rating for the First Ep..

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 18th, '08, 04:36

i'm little intrested in watchign this.... but i might not hold thru watchign it till it done and it all subtitle..(one the backup dramas for when i'm bored and nothign to watch)

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jan 18th, '08, 05:21

Henna_Sapporo will provide subtitles for this drama. With luck, it'll be out long before the second episodes airs.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 18th, '08, 06:02

I caught it last night and I was impressed... especially with Karina's acting...

Usually, whenever I see a Japanese actor, I always see their "name" and not their character.

While watching, I didn't once see "Karina"... I actually saw her character... Her mother is great, as well.

... And yea, the ending was pretty surprising...
I guess Sousuke has been knocking boots nation wide...

Fukuda Saki seems to be type-casted into this "cold-hearted ****" roles... Never would've pegged her for that. I would've guessed she was Sousuke's sister... not wife... Of course, she was still a High School girl when he died, so I'm sure she wasn't allowed to marry him.
Anyhows, I had originally thought of this as the "Japanese Forrest Gump" ... but, I'm looking forward to watching the entire thing.

I'm amazed, Japan has 3 dramas that I'm actually going to watch in their entirety this season.

saki-chan

Post by saki-chan » Jan 18th, '08, 06:22

i agree with Natsu-chan, the name draws me in, but the story seems so sad. i was considering not watching it, but as i've heard good things, i suppose i will once the subs come out. my main motivation is still Hiraoka Yuta though >.<

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jan 18th, '08, 06:49

hikkichan wrote:Usually, whenever I see a Japanese actor, I always see their "name" and not their character.
I feel the same way with people like Harrison Ford, Brad Pitt, and Nicholas Cage. I think when a character is so fundamentally different from any actor's norm, it's easier to pull off. I've lived in Japan for 12 years, but I only began watching non-Taiga, non-asadora dramas a year ago, so I'm unfamiliar with mainstream actors.
While watching, I didn't once see "Karina"... I actually saw her character... Her mother is great, as well.
Nice! I tend to only watch 1-2 dramas per season, so the first time I saw Karina was in Koizora and I thought she was a cool big sister. I'm ashamed to say that as someone who lives in Sapporo I missed Love & Farm.
.. And yea, the ending was pretty surprising...
I guess Sousuke has been knocking boots nation wide...

Fukuda Saki seems to be type-casted into this "cold-hearted ****" roles... Never would've pegged her for that. I would've guessed she was Sousuke's sister... not wife... Of course, she was still a High School girl when he died, so I'm sure she wasn't allowed to marry him.
She probably will turn out to be his sister. If not, she might have been been allowed to marry him if there was some benefit to her family...that is if something sinister was going on. It would be interesting to find out if that "marriage" was the reason why he was so focused on being married and raising a family. Also, why did it take a couple of years for her to show up again? I'm almost afraid to read the official site for fear of being spoiled.
I'm so glad people are watching this enthusiastically. Good discussion and positive comments will make me work harder on the subs. Thank you.

Did someone say, Hiraoka Yuta?!?! I love "Amuse" guys! They are pretty, but truly talented, too! Yummy!

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 18th, '08, 12:53

Hum form what i heard you guys like it... hahaha... i have some free time this weekend so i'll see if i can watch it RAW....

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jan 20th, '08, 02:48

The subs should be ready before the next episode airs.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 23rd, '08, 14:20

Seems like there's never any love for the 木10 dramas...

I guess it was so well received that they actually re-aired in last Saturday.

I'm excited to watch it tomorrow... such a large leap in time...

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 23rd, '08, 14:37

Sapporo Girl.. Thanxx so much for the great news.. :cheers: , will be waiting patiently.. :lol

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Jan 24th, '08, 05:08

arabian wrote:Sapporo Girl.. Thanxx so much for the great news.. :cheers: , will be waiting patiently.. :lol
I'm working on the final stages. It's an amazing drama! Karina must be exhausted. I felt like I was going through the wringer working on it.

If anyone is watching Joshi Deka, the subs for episode five should come out soon, too. It was also Thursday at 10, wasn't it? It's a pretty tough time slot!

Amrai

~~

Post by Amrai » Jan 25th, '08, 16:26

This drama made me cry through almost all of it, and it was simply because everything was so emotional and 'pure'.
But yes,
I nearly didn't download the second episode because I thought the "wife" development was so stupid.
But my curiosity got the better of me, and it's happily torrenting into my computer.

So far, I'm only watching this and Mirai Koshi Meguru seriously, and downloading the two other Friday dramas, 4 Shimai and Edison no Haha for boredom's sake. This season is way better for me than the last- I was only watching Yukan Club, out of pure boredom.

Ahhh! So excited now!
Oh, and the rating (for Kanto) for episode 1 was 10.9, but the second episode got 11.5! And I remember reading somewhere about them reshowing episode 1 on the saturday because of its reaction with viewers.

ailahai

Re: ~~

Post by ailahai » Jan 25th, '08, 16:55

Amrai wrote:Ahhh! So excited now!
Oh, and the rating (for Kanto) for episode 1 was 10.9, but the second episode got 11.5! And I remember reading somewhere about them reshowing episode 1 on the saturday because of its reaction with viewers.
Maybe its hard for viewers to choose either this serie or shikaotoko aoniyoshi... both have aired at the same time. And the rating for episode 2 shikaotoko aoniyoshi drop from 13.0 to 11.4.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 25th, '08, 19:12

I watched Ep1 yesterday.. XD
I enjoyed every single monets of this drama with really great amazing acting by Karina, she did real a nice job trying hardly to be as this kind of hard role.. also I can understand her mother situation when she was against her having the baby in this sitauation it'll be hard raising it.. also she is a single mother.. but really seeing the cute baby make me smile the whole time with such adorable cuttness :lol & what with this girl that appeared in the end of Ep telling that she id Shou-chan wife how come when previous when she found the baby she was wearing a school uniform or I am wrong?? :scratch:
this drama is really worth to watch.. :thumleft:

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jan 28th, '08, 11:25

Ep1 was very touching, and I was quite impressed with Karina's acting.
I think the producers have done a good job too; 1st of all to even choose on a touchy subject like this one.
(Personally, it was a gentle reminder that there're other people in this world who are struggling through life.)

Anyways, I see a lot of character development in this one, so I'll definitely keep watching.
Although the introduction of Fukuda Saki's character threw me off a bit.
I'm guessing they're just adding more drama to drama. :sweat:
Well, hopefully it doesn't get too complicated.

kero_kerberus

Post by kero_kerberus » Jan 28th, '08, 12:33

Mother loves for her children surpass everything.

This show really show the power and love of a mother for her child, Karin’s mum and Karin to himari.

Hope this drama will show the relationship of the karin and her daughter from baby to high school. I want to see how they overcome all the stuff and those immature human around them.

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jan 28th, '08, 17:03

hum... i should watch this since i'm not at school today...

O__O~~ hahah

it seems intresting from what i heard....

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jan 30th, '08, 05:38

It's been awhile since there was a drama about a mentally disabled person. The first ep was a little grating, but it served as a nice backdrop for the story and characters. The second ep was much more interesting. They have the obligatory social discrimination plot, but they also had a unique insight into the necessity of proper education and socialization for both children and the autistic....

For some reason, I prefer when Hiraoka plays more subdued-type characters, as opposed to his super-cool, slick and popular-guy roles. ^_^;
I liked the addition of Fukuda's character. It adds more depth potential for the family-centric plot. And it gives us a bit of a break from the incessant, "Hiimaawariii!!!" ^_^;;;

Overall, much more interesting than I thought it would be....
:)

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jan 31st, '08, 12:37

Maybe I'm heartless, but I'm still thinkin Daisuki!! is a bit over the top. I am very very impressed with Karina's acting, but I can't keep crying for 45 Minutes, so I would have preferred it had the first episode had some "lighter" bits, too.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 31st, '08, 14:23

I'm enjoying this... I'm really wondering where things are going after this 3rd episode.

The teaser for the 4th seems interesting... I'm sure you all will get a kick of seeing what's in store.

As for tonight's episode, although there was no dialouge, the 3-gen park scene was a heart wrencher.

Amrai

Post by Amrai » Feb 1st, '08, 02:21

@TabooxNightmare - hahaha, very true; but the beginning is the saddest part so far.

As for the previews of the 4th ep,
While I think that the working Yuzu is interesting, the relationship between Ren (Hiraoka Yuta) and his follower girl is kind of boring. She probably thought Yuzu was his girlfriend or some other thing- I can't see her "breaking up" (were they ever together in the first place?} with him because his sister has a disorder. That would make her worse than the other mothers at the preschool, who are just a pain to watch.

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Feb 1st, '08, 10:04

Amrai wrote:@TabooxNightmare - hahaha, very true; but the beginning is the saddest part so far.

As for the previews of the 4th ep,
While I think that the working Yuzu is interesting, the relationship between Ren (Hiraoka Yuta) and his follower girl is kind of boring. She probably thought Yuzu was his girlfriend or some other thing- I can't see her "breaking up" (were they ever together in the first place?} with him because his sister has a disorder. That would make her worse than the other mothers at the preschool, who are just a pain to watch.
Although I don't watch much television, but I've come to believe that Japanese dramas focus on one central message. That message is usually conveyed in one scene. I call it the drama's "topic sentence" or "thesis statement," meaning it's easier to see them as a paragraph or an essay.

Hence, I don't think the Ren/Natsume relationship is important in the normal sense. Whatever goes down is about Ren and the decisions he makes about his life. The girl is there to remind of us what he could have had if he wasn't making such a huge sacrifice. For me, the "topic sentence" in this drama directly relates to what the social worker said about the family falling apart. The potential angst hasn't even scratched the surface yet.

Oh...Natsume is clearly in a different class from Ren. Yuzu's mental problems would contribute to that relationship being impossible. I wonder why that poor girl can't get roles where she's not the "other" woman????

Truthfully, I wanted to smack those Mothers down. However, my Mom worked in the mental health system for 27 years. In my opinion, those women are mild/tame by comparison to some of the people my Mom's clients have encountered. My question is whether or not the Japanese have laws to protect Yuzu.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Feb 7th, '08, 14:00

Another great episode...

You know, over the years, I've really weened myself off of crying during TV shows, but this show always has one moment that just makes me shed a few tears...

That and... ちょっと沙紀ちゃんが好きになっちゃったんだ。  She won me over in this episode...

Now... I can't wait to see what happens next week.
The Salary-man look should've tipped me off about Himawari sprouting up another few years

d3m0l

Post by d3m0l » Feb 9th, '08, 23:23

I've just seen the first two episodes, but I can say this is the best drama so far this season, alongside Saito-san.
It's so intense and touching that you become completely absorbed by the plot.

A MUST-SEE !!

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Feb 9th, '08, 23:32

d3m0l wrote:I've just seen the first two episodes, but I can say this is the best drama so far this season, alongside Saito-san.
It's so intense and touching that you become completely absorbed by the plot.

A MUST-SEE !!
i defintely agree with you, this drama and Saito-san are the best for me this season!! this drama just keeps on getting better and i find myself crying in each episode.
i just hope the Ren and Kotone will become a couple, they look good together. :wub:
im just a little disappointed with the older Himawari, she's not as cute as the younger one. :P

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Feb 10th, '08, 17:19

marienella_m wrote: im just a little disappointed with the older Himawari, she's not as cute as the younger one. :P
Hahahaha... you aren't alone... ^_^;;;
Especially since little Himawari looks exactly like one of my nieces when she was that age... :p

Last episode was good. I really thought Kotone was going to snap at Yuzu in the convenience store, but was pleasantly surprised at how she managed everything that transpired. I guess I underestimated the amount of empathy she had for her brother and the Fukuhara household.

I'm not sure if I want to see Ren and Kotone together though. They do share a kinship because of their siblings, but it just seems too easy.... I dunno... :unsure:

hey9

Post by hey9 » Feb 21st, '08, 23:57

What is with jdramas and having most of the moms be uber-cows when their kids are at school? Either that, or they're ultra-passive and just do whatever the group says. And it's never because of anything the kids do, it's always parents having a beef with some other parents. Beeyotches.
Himawari is very cute, though.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 6th, '08, 13:57

Ahhh... Tonight's episode was so nice.

I don't know if I can handle watching next week's....

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Mar 6th, '08, 14:01

Ahhh... tonight's episode was great.

But... I dunno if I can really handle watching next week's episode.

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Mar 23rd, '08, 11:24

series is great, but just a few words which I'm not used too.

at the beginning with the nursery rhyme, both say passing gas. we say passing wind in UK. is this the same or something else i'm missing

also the word muffler. is this comman slang for scarf, cos again in UK, we use that word for a sliencer on mototbikes

roll on for ep 06 :cheers:

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Mar 23rd, '08, 12:00

wujou_mao wrote:series is great, but just a few words which I'm not used too.

at the beginning with the nursery rhyme, both say passing gas. we say passing wind in UK. is this the same or something else i'm missing

also the word muffler. is this comman slang for scarf, cos again in UK, we use that word for a sliencer on mototbikes

roll on for ep 06 :cheers:
Yes and yes. :-)

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Mar 27th, '08, 21:45

back again with another word Cambridge dictionary's don't know. the word is Randosel and is spoken about 1 min into episode 6 of Daisuki

''Have you bought Himawari-chan's Randosel?''

if you cant tell me what a Randosel is, can you at least explain or give us a picture please

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Mar 28th, '08, 03:05

wujou_mao wrote: if you cant tell me what a Randosel is, can you at least explain or give us a picture please
A square red or black school bag used by elementary school children in Japan. There are pictures on the internet and there are probably more colors. Search for Randosel .

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Mar 28th, '08, 06:05

Sapporo Girl wrote:
wujou_mao wrote: if you cant tell me what a Randosel is, can you at least explain or give us a picture please
A square red or black school bag used by elementary school children in Japan. There are pictures on the internet and there are probably more colours. Search for Randosel .
i did search in gogle before i asked here, but all it showed me were links for your very own Jungle Smile - Randosel Lyrics. not what i had in mind and thought it would be easier to ask here instead

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Mar 28th, '08, 06:59

wujou_mao wrote: not what i had in mind and thought it would be easier to ask here instead
Himawari's red Randosel will appear in episode 6.

siantut
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by siantut » Mar 28th, '08, 08:00

pic of it

Sapporo Girl

Post by Sapporo Girl » Mar 28th, '08, 09:04

siantut wrote:pic of it
Thank you, Sweet Siantut!!!

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Mar 28th, '08, 19:49

Hontoni daisuki! My favourite of the season. Karina's performance here is brilliant.

wujou_mao

Post by wujou_mao » Mar 29th, '08, 01:54

siantut wrote:pic of it
thats a hell of a satchel. wouldnt something smaller and lighter do the trick with less armour plating

Sakura-24

Post by Sakura-24 » Apr 8th, '08, 23:39

I just saw Eps 8 from daisuki!!! That´s was so beautiful episode

Daisuki is my new favorite Jdrama best ever Jdrama with 1 litre of Tears what I saw.
the shock with the cancer I thing only OMG
Eps 6 was so sad :cry:
I learn many about mentally disabled peoples since daisuki I understand the peoples better.

I can´t wait of eps 9 and 10 subs

Daish

Post by Daish » Apr 9th, '08, 00:12

Saw the first 2 ep, seems decent. Karina definitely does a great job. But I was wondering are there some type of surprise in plot development further on in the drama? Also what does himawari mean? i somehow recall it appearing in a recent song a few times, i can't recall the song atm.

tarumpaw

Post by tarumpaw » Apr 9th, '08, 00:28

i think it's sunflower.

ina

Post by ina » Apr 11th, '08, 14:17

The German word for Randosel would be Ranzen. Maybe there is a connection there, since school uniforms were inspired by German military styles.

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 00:21

I just finished this series, didn't have any subs for the last few episodes but it doesn't matter.
It was a really lovely drama but to be honest, I didn't cry through any of it - think I got most emotional near the end episodes when
spoiler:
Yuzu's mom got ill.
Was it cancer?
It was a shame, I'd like to have seen Himawari as a teenager for like an epilogue or something.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Apr 26th, '08, 01:41

Rori wrote:I just finished this series, didn't have any subs for the last few episodes but it doesn't matter.
It was a really lovely drama but to be honest, I didn't cry through any of it - think I got most emotional near the end episodes when
spoiler:
Yuzu's mom got ill.
Was it cancer?
It was a shame, I'd like to have seen Himawari as a teenager for like an epilogue or something.
Yes. "gan" is cancer in Japanese.

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 01:49

Thanks for letting me know =)
You could tell she was ill, but pretty hard to understand what was wrong with her or how serious is was with no subs.

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Apr 26th, '08, 02:23

it was stomach cancer to be exact.
9 is out with subs now. It really is a good drama over all. The script is well written, and the actors are fantastic. I can't say a single bad word about this drama, but i also hope we will see a teenage himawari in the future.

tarumpaw

Post by tarumpaw » May 4th, '08, 15:46

Is it just me or does Kotone look pregnant near the end sequence after
after Yuzu's mother got out of the hospital
?

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 5th, '08, 15:35

Cried in nearly every ep and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only disappointment is that cutey Hiraoka Yuta's acting still hasn't improved despite given the opportunity break from idol dramas. Even Fukuda Saki puts up a much better performance than him. Of course Karina deserves her Best Supporting Actress Award.

Serenity2

Post by Serenity2 » May 12th, '08, 01:51

I've never watched a drama that could make you cry every episode.

Though I'm only on episode 3, each episode so far carries a strong message and shown with such intensity it's quite overwhelming :( Don't watch this show before you go to sleep!

Also, it makes you realize you're life is quite good in comparison with hers, although its just a simple drama.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 12th, '08, 13:55

Actually learnt a fair bit from this show about raising a child. How to explain death n where Himawari's father has gone to? How to talk so that Himawari will listen? How to encourage Himawari in different situations? And many more gd lessons of a little child's growing up stages. Btw i dun hv a child.

minamichan03

huh?

Post by minamichan03 » May 26th, '08, 13:45

tarumpaw wrote:Is it just me or does Kotone look pregnant near the end sequence after
after Yuzu's mother got out of the hospital
?
huh? i don't think so... :blink

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Dec 19th, '08, 14:49

I only saw this drama now. And must say this was one of the happiest drama I've seen. Surely one of the best dramas this year. I haven't seen all dramas of course.

I also thought the younger Himawari was supercute but after a while the older Himawari won me over. She was made super cute too! Karina was great and lol the moms in that school were mindblowing. Oh and don't forget Anzai-san.

I also was rooting for Kotone all the way. Too bad for her.

10/10 drama.

kamzo91

Post by kamzo91 » Nov 11th, '10, 10:33

I so badly want to watch this!
Im download the torrent in 720p (WOW) but i lost the seeders :(
So PEASE people can anyone seed? im on 60-80 percent on all 10 files but it just stopped

THANK YOU ^^