Korean Actresses Before and After

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
claudiaitaliana

Korean Actresses Before and After

Post by claudiaitaliana » Feb 17th, '07, 11:52

I was amazed :crazy: when I saw these pictures did they do plastic surgeries or its just the make up :scratch:
Attachments
img_3_2399_3.jpg
img_3_2399_3.jpg (245.94 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
img_3_2399_2.jpg
img_3_2399_2.jpg (241.22 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
img_3_2399_0.jpg
img_3_2399_0.jpg (229.22 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
img_3_2399_1.jpg
img_3_2399_1.jpg (222.17 KiB) Viewed 5850 times

bru_ow

Post by bru_ow » Feb 17th, '07, 12:07

O.O
plastic surgery, in my opinion
...and almost all them got bigger eyes... :O

strawberrie1210
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by strawberrie1210 » Feb 17th, '07, 12:19

is that really lee da hae? :o

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 17th, '07, 13:52

You know everyone looks different when they're young. If you take your own pictures out from 10+ years ago, you can bet your bottom dollar you looked much different than you do today. In fact, I'm just looking at my old picture from when I was 9 years old, and I can't even recognize myself, and no, I haven't had plastic surgery :roll

The quality of the photo, lighting, angle, clothes and make-up etc. all makes a huge difference to a person's appearance.

wnndy

Post by wnndy » Feb 17th, '07, 14:20

woow..they do look different... some are looking very different...i think that kobe23 is right..

but to be honest i think some did plastic surgery..but we won't know for sure so..just guessing

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Feb 17th, '07, 14:24

OMG
@.@
i have lee Jun Ki BEFORE/AFTER
Attachments
untitled-1.jpg
untitled-1.jpg (160.69 KiB) Viewed 5812 times

hanalea

Post by hanalea » Feb 17th, '07, 14:44

Ahh!! Lee Jun Ki!!
who knew he would ever become this good looking?

bean

Post by bean » Feb 17th, '07, 14:49

hanalea wrote:Ahh!! Lee Jun Ki!!
who knew he would ever become this good looking?
Ya, ya, from the picture i 100% SURE dat ljk din do plastic surgery b4... :lol
I think somewhere in these forum have lots of korea actor n actreess pic b4 n after n dat one is wah amazing..
lots of them is natural espcially song hye-kyo n kim tae-hee...

BUT HERE i think dat most of those actress have plastic suergery...

WingsOfLovee

Post by WingsOfLovee » Feb 17th, '07, 15:01

WOW!! they look so different ^_~

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Feb 17th, '07, 15:03

i think i have to agree with kobe23. people's faces changes on pictures or on camera depending on the lighting, angle, make-up and the clothing. also lets factor in the age.

they were young back then so they had baby fats as you age/mature you lose them and your face and body's contour changes too. just look at song hye kyo and jeon ji hyun's pictures when they were younger. its a little different on how they look now but its very minimal. because they lost some fats and they are matured.

we can't say that a person had surgery by comparing them with their younger picture, except when they look really, really, really different from them. it would be too obvious then.

arabian

Post by arabian » Feb 17th, '07, 15:20

kobe23 wrote:You know everyone looks different when they're young. If you take your own pictures out from 10+ years ago, you can bet your bottom dollar you looked much different than you do today. In fact, I'm just looking at my old picture from when I was 9 years old, and I can't even recognize myself, and no, I haven't had plastic surgery
The quality of the photo, lighting, angle, clothes and make-up etc. all makes a huge difference to a person's appearance.
Yes.. I totally asgree with you..

bru_ow

Post by bru_ow » Feb 17th, '07, 16:15

ok..but there are some miracles on those pics o.o

claudiaitaliana

Post by claudiaitaliana » Feb 17th, '07, 17:32

kobe23 wrote:You know everyone looks different when they're young. If you take your own pictures out from 10+ years ago, you can bet your bottom dollar you looked much different than you do today. In fact, I'm just looking at my old picture from when I was 9 years old, and I can't even recognize myself, and no, I haven't had plastic surgery :roll

I definitely agree with you coz i don't like my old pics either :wub:even if they weren't beautiful at the past I will still like them because the look is not everything about someone :thumleft:

This is the site I took the pics from

http://metropolitician.blogs.com/scribb ... he_metrop/

Inthira

Post by Inthira » Feb 22nd, '07, 08:05

Wow!!! I wanna be an actress. May be I'll look better than now... ;)

loclac

Post by loclac » Feb 22nd, '07, 09:07

From what I heard the picture for young Lee Dahae has been circulating on the web for a while but is not a real picture of her. I think one of her representatives stated firmly that it wasn't her, but I can't find the page where I read it =_=

Btw, here are pictures of Sohn Taeyoung before/after...
She's really pretty now =_=
[img]http://pr4y.free.fr/images/son2000.jpg[/img]

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Feb 22nd, '07, 10:38

maybe some of them did plastic surgery and some did not you can notice it some have really big difference on their faces that can't be changed just by make overs or just putting some make-up.. while the others are just fat before or their hair is not that good and they don't have any make-up..

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Feb 24th, '07, 03:54

majing_28 wrote:maybe some of them did plastic surgery and some did not you can notice it some have really big difference on their faces that can't be changed just by make overs or just putting some make-up.. while the others are just fat before or their hair is not that good and they don't have any make-up..
i think i agree with her. some might because the child pictures they have are so different to the pictures they have right now.

stars*in*my*eyes

Post by stars*in*my*eyes » Feb 24th, '07, 04:05

I refuse to believe that just because they look different, that automatically means they had plastic surgery. Did some of them have plastic surgery? Probably. But i think most of them, might not have.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Feb 24th, '07, 08:19

i want to clarify my post. i just think some might had surgery. just might had surgery. not all had surgery. some might have done it because of their work. being in the entertainment industry demands that you look good all the time so some did it. we can't blame them for it. blame it to people who expects too much from artist.

junior_pansy

Post by junior_pansy » Feb 24th, '07, 13:35

From what I hear, Plastic surgery is very popular in Asia.

So, what's wrong with enhancing one's looks? If it makes then feel more beautiful and confident, then so be it.

I had a friend who went thru it twice to correct her nose. She feels more in control of herself and thay matters...

What I dislike is that there are many out there who obviously underwent but refused to admit it.

majing_28

Post by majing_28 » Feb 25th, '07, 12:16

junior_pansy wrote:From what I hear, Plastic surgery is very popular in Asia.

So, what's wrong with enhancing one's looks? If it makes then feel more beautiful and confident, then so be it.

What I dislike is that there are many out there who obviously underwent but refused to admit it.
i totally agree with you
and just like cutekid i only said maybe, i did't say that i'm sure that really had plastic surgery. (but for me some of them might had plastic surgery).. but not really a big deal if they did or didn't had one :D

LayZie

Post by LayZie » Mar 1st, '07, 07:40

omg... they change a lot. none of 'em look lyke 'em wen dey were little! i was surprise. plastic surgery??

Inthira

Post by Inthira » Mar 1st, '07, 11:50

I don't mind about they had plastic surgery or not.

I care only their action in the series. All of them are the good actress and actors...

Pa ei ting!

cuteyroo

Post by cuteyroo » Mar 2nd, '07, 03:19

how come I can't see ne pix? :cry:

meme-sama

Post by meme-sama » Mar 4th, '07, 07:45

i dont think that all of them did plastic surgery coz makeup somtimes change the look

i saw lee junki's pic b4....i couldnot believe that ...i think he did a plastic surgery :unsure:

however, he is good looking now :wub:

bean

Post by bean » Mar 4th, '07, 10:36

meme-sama wrote:i dont think that all of them did plastic surgery coz makeup somtimes change the look

i saw lee junki's pic b4....i couldnot believe that ...i think he did a plastic surgery :unsure:

however, he is good looking now :wub:
Impossible, now ljk eyes is still small but i do admit dat he is fairer now the skin colour...

Btw, his nose is still the same like now... No offense but i really think that junki did not do plastic surgery... mayb his hairstyle affect his all looks... look at his hairsyle now n b4.. mayb dats what make different..

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Mar 4th, '07, 15:32

i don't know if they did surgery or what... who cares if they did it? we can't blame them because of the job they have... blame it to people who pressure them to do such things...

i personally think that surgery is not the answer to all beauty problems its just how you perceive yourself. if you think you are good looking then no need to alter your looks. just be thankful that you have your looks. if not then have surgery. no one can blame you coz thats how you percieve yourself.

Liantasse

Post by Liantasse » Mar 4th, '07, 15:47

@meme-sama -- Lee Jun Ki said in an interview that in the past he was thinking about plastic surgery for his chin - he said he'd have liked to have a softer jaw-line... Now, that chin, however you look at it, seems exactly the same to me. So, to this day, I don't think he's had the knife applied to his face :P I remember him saying in the same interview how he was really grateful to his parents for giving him his nose :-) Says he: "This nose is a work of art! But people never notice it" :lol

Also, to me, those pictures look very much like the normal development of a young man, who is now a star and can benefit from all the attention of hair and make-up stylists! :-)

iloveKJH

Post by iloveKJH » Mar 7th, '07, 11:47

wow...i couldnt believe all these pictures! but i agree when somebody said that evryone looks different when their young...and dont forget ugly. lols. we tend to change the way we look after though esp those people are now celebrity. maybe some did plastic surgery but we dont know and we dont care...we love how they look now..ryt?

kampupot

Post by kampupot » Mar 8th, '07, 06:01

Plastic surgery is just a natural phenomenon nowadays particularly for people whose job is in entertainment industry. Aside from having a talent, they really need to be looked good as it is their means to stardom.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Jun 26th, '07, 07:21

OMG, that's Lee Da Hee. WHAT?

aznguy808

Post by aznguy808 » Jun 28th, '07, 10:38

interesting thread

bjharm

Post by bjharm » Jul 18th, '07, 07:16

as for the girl from MY Girl I would say a lot is simply losing baby fat

meviet

Post by meviet » Jul 18th, '07, 07:34

this is so freaky. they either exercised like heck or they had wasted tons and tons of money on surgeries. and most of them did, look at their eyes. they all had big changes.
Last edited by meviet on Jul 18th, '07, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.

chubchub

Post by chubchub » Jul 18th, '07, 07:35

hey guys,
this seems like a really interesting topic...but i hav no idea what fotos u guys are referring to...can someone help me by posting the link??

cheers

Natsu-chan

Post by Natsu-chan » Jul 18th, '07, 08:36

chubchub wrote:hey guys,
this seems like a really interesting topic...but i hav no idea what fotos u guys are referring to...can someone help me by posting the link??

cheers
virew the first page...

A lot of people look different when they grow up...but I still find some suspiscious. Plastic Surgery or not, the're still great actors
:D

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jul 18th, '07, 09:57

not all of them are not that great looking when they were younger except for some natural beauties like SHK & KTH. some might have undergone the knife or some thank you doctor procedures...

cluelessyf

Post by cluelessyf » Jul 18th, '07, 10:14

guys i can't see any before/after pictures on the first page!!! i really wanna see them! haha someone please help :)

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jul 18th, '07, 10:21

cluelessyf wrote:guys i can't see any before/after pictures on the first page!!! i really wanna see them! haha someone please help :)
huh? it works perfectly fine with me...

xiah1fan

Post by xiah1fan » Jul 18th, '07, 10:40

Omg Lee Da Hee have not don surgery you can really tell that .....And so Junki...But the other I dont carre.....but goshh there is this girl from 1 percent of anything and JuMoong (Something like that!)....She rrelly looks alot like Matsuda Shota.....I dont know why but it is just like that...Gosh
Last edited by xiah1fan on Aug 25th, '07, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jul 19th, '07, 10:39

haha! they are really pretty. some are really natural.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jul 19th, '07, 20:02

chubchub wrote:hey guys,

cheers
cluelessyf wrote:guys i can't see any before/after pictures on the first page!!! i really wanna see them! haha someone please help
don't worry, i know exactly what you mean. the pictures are part of an attachment so a lot of times when that happens, i can't see anything. that was the case for this thread when i looked a couple of times, but now i see them fine. i hate my computer :crazy:

anhnie

Post by anhnie » Jul 20th, '07, 04:22

yeah i had the same problem with the pix, but now i finally view them..

WOW, some of them went thru some major transformations! I cant believe those are the same ppl!

Dang, well i must say, Korea has some damn talented plastic surgeons 'cuz they sure worked some miracles! And the magic of makeup also enhances a lot. I cannot believe that's Lee Da Hae, she looks wayyy different, but she's so cute now! And wHoa, Han Ye Seul sure needed some help, but she looks gorgeous now! And wow, Lee Jun Ki wasnt looking too oretty back in the day...0_0

Rob Boyd

Post by Rob Boyd » Aug 20th, '07, 19:19

Much ado about nothing. Most of those pictured here look basically the same. The reason they call it "baby fat" is that most people have some when they're young. Until recenty years (due to the terrible diets that people now have) most people outgrew it.

I only object to surgery when it artificially inflates body parts into cartoon-like proportions. (See Anna Nicole Smith, Pamela Anderson...in their before and after shots!)Hopefully, this problem will stay contained to the United States and Europe and not infect the people in the east and Far East.

Not everything we do here in America is worth copying, kids. I cringe every time that hear hip hop, rap, punk and metal music infecting another part of the planet. :crazy:

myrie

Post by myrie » Aug 21st, '07, 09:47

i think some of them have plastic surgery and others not.. :)

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Aug 24th, '07, 02:09

Rob Boyd wrote:Much ado about nothing. Most of those pictured here look basically the same. The reason they call it "baby fat" is that most people have some when they're young. Until recenty years (due to the terrible diets that people now have) most people outgrew it.

I only object to surgery when it artificially inflates body parts into cartoon-like proportions. (See Anna Nicole Smith, Pamela Anderson...in their before and after shots!)Hopefully, this problem will stay contained to the United States and Europe and not infect the people in the east and Far East.

Not everything we do here in America is worth copying, kids. I cringe every time that hear hip hop, rap, punk and metal music infecting another part of the planet. :crazy:
i basically agree with you! though i'm not an american, proud to be filipino BTW. NOT everything from the west are good. some are really natural beauties. so no need for surgeries or anything...

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Aug 24th, '07, 03:44

i think they all had some surgery on their eyes... i sow a documentary once it was abut china a lot of people had an "eye widening" thing on the eyelid they like cut it its a simple operation they said it cost like have a paycheck

southbound

Post by southbound » Aug 24th, '07, 04:41

Well, age and make-up ( as well as hair, teeth, etc.) can do wonders. Most of these look like school-age pictures, and not great ones at that. I wouldn't out-rule the idea of plastic surgery, but come on. Did any of us look even remotely good during adolescence? Chances are, unless you were a part of a microscopic minority, you didn't.But hey. It doesn't really matter :-)

I agree that plastic surgery isn't all bad. Yeah, it's just when it becomes over exaggerated that it really seems pointless. Or when people get every little annoyance fixed.
Last edited by southbound on Aug 24th, '07, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Aug 24th, '07, 04:52

Some of them look like they just lost weight and like their features blended with age. However, some of them seem to have had surgery, especially on their eyes. Eye surgeries are cheap and fairly routine here in Korea.

sponge_girl

Post by sponge_girl » Aug 25th, '07, 06:44

thank god for plastic surgery. some of them were ugly when they were younger. guess not a lot of naturals around?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 25th, '07, 13:34

Well at least it looks like Song Hye Kyo never went under the knife - Her facial features when she was young looks identical to that of when she had grown up.

And look at her passport photo. Who on earth can look that good in a passport picture?!

I guess we always have SHK to show the world you can be beautiful without undergoing surgery. :)

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 25th, '07, 19:24

This before/after stuff is kind of a passtime with both Chinese and Korean audiences. Rule of thumb is that IF you go under the knife, do it before your debut.

It isn't so much that Koreans in particular or Asians in general are casual about plastic surgery -- it's just in Korean, there is a very strong emphasis on the face over other physical attributes. Custom used to go that a woman never leaves her house, even grandmums going to to the market, without putting on a pound of makeup, and in general Korean girls start applying the lipstick WAY before their other Asian peers. They're also extremely fashion conscious -- not in a wild, "alterna-than-thou clique" J-pop sort of way -- but in a "I also want my man to look like a GQ model" sort of way.

At least that was the environment at my high school. Koreans are "trained" to see flaws in the face in the way that Americans are, erm. trained to pick apart the overall physique of a man/woman.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Aug 26th, '07, 01:46

If you're curious, here are some Before/After pics that I found.

Nose Jobs (according to the media aka PopSeoul):

Jeon Hye Bin
Apparently she went under the knife after an "accident".

Park Shi Yeon
Wow...

Kim Ah Joong
Some people say that those are photoshopped pictures and she is actually natural...but majority says "I always knew there was something wrong with her nose".

This is why I hate plastic surgery debates. I don't know what to believe anymore. And this has led to: I don't care anymore. Even if Song Hye Kyo wasn't a so-called "natural beauty" I'd still love and respect her.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 26th, '07, 12:43

Anyone else feel Kim Ah Joong looks the same even after surgery? I dunno, maybe I'm just being mean, but when I watched 200 pounds beauty I thought she looked weird before I even knew she had anything done.

reine

Post by reine » Oct 2nd, '07, 11:44

i know why some of the actors had a LOT of changes.. BECAUSE IN KOREA,FASHION AND PHYSICAL FEATURES IS LIKE "ALMOST" EVERYTHING TO THEM. WHAT THEY CALL BEAUTIFUL HAS THESE FEATURES:
=WHITE COMPLEXION
=POINTED NOSE
=SLENDER/SLIM
=LONG LEGS
="BIG ROUND EYES"
=BEAUTIFUL HAIR

i just read this along time ago in some site but i actually don't remember what site it is..
so if you notice some of the "before" pictures has smaller eyes bcoz "eyelid surgery" is really popular in korea. but im not saying that the actresses that had smaller eyes before and now has bigger,had gone surgery. im not really sure..

jukoh

Post by jukoh » Oct 23rd, '07, 13:51

kobe23 wrote:Anyone else feel Kim Ah Joong looks the same even after surgery? I dunno, maybe I'm just being mean, but when I watched 200 pounds beauty I thought she looked weird before I even knew she had anything done.
Same thoughts here. Her own face looked very unnatural - maybe the teeth, nose or something is not right.
I can't believe LDH has plastic surgery - kinda disappointing to know if it's true even though I know it shouldn't mean anything as long as she's a good actress.

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Oct 23rd, '07, 14:06

loclac wrote:From what I heard the picture for young Lee Dahae has been circulating on the web for a while but is not a real picture of her. I think one of her representatives stated firmly that it wasn't her, but I can't find the page where I read it =_=

Btw, here are pictures of Sohn Taeyoung before/after...
She's really pretty now =_=
:O God, miracles happen

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Oct 23rd, '07, 14:08

fizzlex3mh wrote:If you're curious, here are some Before/After pics that I found.

Nose Jobs (according to the media aka PopSeoul):

Jeon Hye Bin
Apparently she went under the knife after an "accident".

Park Shi Yeon
Wow...

Kim Ah Joong
Some people say that those are photoshopped pictures and she is actually natural...but majority says "I always knew there was something wrong with her nose".

This is why I hate plastic surgery debates. I don't know what to believe anymore. And this has led to: I don't care anymore. Even if Song Hye Kyo wasn't a so-called "natural beauty" I'd still love and respect her.
yes they do happen :O

SP1CA

Post by SP1CA » Oct 23rd, '07, 14:10

kobe23 wrote:Well at least it looks like Song Hye Kyo never went under the knife - Her facial features when she was young looks identical to that of when she had grown up.

And look at her passport photo. Who on earth can look that good in a passport picture?!

I guess we always have SHK to show the world you can be beautiful without undergoing surgery. :)
she's really pretty :D

LiL_gianT23

out of words..

Post by LiL_gianT23 » Feb 14th, '08, 14:41

just try to look at this.. :blink
isn't it cute?., :cheers:
haha i like him so much.. :mrgreen:
Attachments
wow joo ji hoon!
wow joo ji hoon!
66.jpg (27.26 KiB) Viewed 4898 times
cute ji hoon..
cute ji hoon..
96.jpg (40.57 KiB) Viewed 4898 times

freezspirit

Post by freezspirit » Feb 14th, '08, 15:26

Yep I heard Jeon Hye Bin was involved in a car accident that left her needing facial reconstruction and that she doesn't like/recognise herself in the mirror. But this could be a rumor spread on the forums.

Out of interest is there any Korean actress that as had no plastic surgery?

saby

Post by saby » Feb 14th, '08, 15:54

I think most of them got rid of the fat on their faces... some of them had their nose job done

I never understood why famous people tried so hard to hide the fact that they had plastic surgery... whats the big deal anyway ? they are just normal people... and just like us, there can be some things that bother them ... so if plastic surgery helps them to feel good about themselves I dont see anything wrong in that....

jukoh

Post by jukoh » Feb 19th, '08, 12:55

Song Hye Kyo really looks so beautiful and cute even as a child - she's really lucky to be born a natural beauty. I wonder how the parents look like.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 20th, '08, 14:06

SHK spends quite a bit of time with her mom and I've seen serveral pix of her and her mom together. I can't seem to find any at the moment, but I'm sure if you look at SHK's soompi thread you'll find some. You'll probably need to sift through about 1000+ pages though :)

For the record, I don't think her mom looks too good and I have never seen her dad.

RoOoNaH

Post by RoOoNaH » Feb 22nd, '08, 13:39

for God sake!! what's going on!! :blink

Lee Da Hae lost some wight and with some make she change So I do'nt think she made a real plastic surgery!! :scratch:

but for the others!!! without a doubt !! yes~ the made lots of them. :roll

StickerDoll

Post by StickerDoll » Feb 24th, '08, 04:55

- -

Theyre so different !!!

by the way, he is Lee Jun Ki???

jukoh

Post by jukoh » Feb 25th, '08, 11:38

kobe23 wrote:SHK spends quite a bit of time with her mom and I've seen serveral pix of her and her mom together. I can't seem to find any at the moment, but I'm sure if you look at SHK's soompi thread you'll find some. You'll probably need to sift through about 1000+ pages though :)

For the record, I don't think her mom looks too good and I have never seen her dad.
This goes to prove that parents who does not look beautiful/handsome CAN still have beautiful/handsome children and vice-versa..... Life is fair.

lieanne

Post by lieanne » Feb 29th, '08, 04:57

cutekid wrote:i think i have to agree with kobe23. people's faces changes on pictures or on camera depending on the lighting, angle, make-up and the clothing. also lets factor in the age.

they were young back then so they had baby fats as you age/mature you lose them and your face and body's contour changes too. just look at song hye kyo and jeon ji hyun's pictures when they were younger. its a little different on how they look now but its very minimal. because they lost some fats and they are matured.

we can't say that a person had surgery by comparing them with their younger picture, except when they look really, really, really different from them. it would be too obvious then.
yup! i agree with u. but one of them make plastic surgery.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 29th, '08, 12:13

jukoh wrote:
kobe23 wrote:SHK spends quite a bit of time with her mom and I've seen serveral pix of her and her mom together. I can't seem to find any at the moment, but I'm sure if you look at SHK's soompi thread you'll find some. You'll probably need to sift through about 1000+ pages though :)

This goes to prove that parents who does not look beautiful/handsome CAN still have beautiful/handsome children and vice-versa..... Life is fair.
Indeed. It all evens out in the long run. So all you good looking people out there, be warned: Your kids might turn out ugly :evil:

maealo

Post by maealo » Mar 31st, '08, 07:41

Are you sure it's LEE DA HAE? her eyes are not the same.. I know for a fact that you can't have surgery with the form of your eyes.

boobooboobooboo

Post by boobooboobooboo » Aug 20th, '09, 16:40

I think the main thing I see consistently in the pictures is that the ones who were'nt naturally pretty weren't pretty after surgery.
Some were awfully scary (in the first post).

Others were really surprising, but I agree with what most people are saying ... people change naturally over time, it's not necessarily surgery, for example the face thinning with weight loss (usually naturally) brings out other features like you wouldn't believe. I look so different even in my eyes and nose now to how I looked when I was chubby.
Surgery free, I promise! :P