[TwDrama] Honey & Clover (CTS/GTV, 2008)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Ruisai7

[TwDrama] Honey & Clover (CTS/GTV, 2008)

Post by Ruisai7 » Mar 9th, '08, 09:01

Honey and Clover - 蜂蜜幸運草 / Feng Mi Xing Yun Cao

Hello all!, I for one can't wait for the taiwan version. The cast seems to be truer, as an adaption, to the manga/anime. Both looks and personality wise! As you all know may know, a few of the stars include Joe Cheng as Mayama and Chiaki Ito (from JPOP group AAA) as Hagu-chan.

Quick Synopsis: The story follows the lives of the five main characters in their love triangles, graduating from college, finding jobs and their aspiration and dreams. In the process they learn more about each other and ultimately themselves.

Cast:
Joe Cheng as Den Zhen Shan 鄧真山 - Mayama Takumi
Janine Chang as He Ya Gong 何亞弓 - Yamada Ayumi
Eddie Peng as Ren Sen Tian 任森田 - Morita Shinobu
Lego (Guoyi) Li (李國毅) as An Zhu Ben 安竹本 - Takemoto Yuta
Ito Chiaki (伊藤千晃) as Hua Ben Huang 華本肓 - Hanamoto Hagumi
Tarcy Su (蘇慧倫) as Fang Li Hua 方理花 - Harada Rika
Zhang Han (張翰) as Hua Xiu Si 華修司 - Hanamoto Shuji
David Chen as Tang Ye Feng 湯野丰 - Nomiya Takumi

Drama Wiki ~ http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Honey_and_Clover

Further information:

"According to the announcements, filming started on December 1, around the same time as the Japanese version currently airing on Fuji TV. The show is expected to air sometime in the spring and will also be aired in Japan." Source

Press Event - http://youtube.com/watch?v=RN5S0KewUSM&feature=related
Cast describing their character, short but interesting.

Shooting and Scene Previews - http://youtube.com/watch?v=05AliQC8KnE
H&C followers will definitely remember some of these scenes, the ones which made the comedic parts of H&C so memorable; I sorely miss this in the japanese version right now.
Last edited by Ruisai7 on May 10th, '08, 05:25, edited 3 times in total.

voth

Post by voth » Mar 9th, '08, 18:26

Hopefully this (re)make will be better than the current H&C (Japanese) live action.

I wonder how all the Joe Cheng fan girls will react to this one after drooling all over him and Ariel Lin in They Kiss Again.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Mar 9th, '08, 18:42

I'm definitely going to watch this for Eddie Peng ^__^ I just totally love him in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan so watching this for him.
Joe Cheng is alright, he was very good in ISWAK but we'll see how he does in this one.

Here's another video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nXb8XXFebis

Ruisai7

Post by Ruisai7 » Mar 9th, '08, 20:38

Ooh nice, they even got the awkward boss guy in, I almost forgot about him haha.

So it seems like filming finished in kaohsiung, and there in taipei now.
Heres a article on Joe Cheng and Eddie Peng bullying, in good fashion, newcomer Lego Li.
Mayama and Morita versus takemoto. :D

http://crunchyrolls.wordpress.com/2008/ ... -to-laugh/
Last edited by Ruisai7 on Apr 5th, '08, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Mar 11th, '08, 00:49

Lol, Eddie and Joe bullying Lego Li like that is somewhat like Morita and Mayama bullying Takemoto in the anime! =P

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Mar 11th, '08, 17:31

I'm looking forward to this soooo much! The anime was so good, the live action movie alright and the japanese drama has been entertaining enough.

Unfortunately, Nomiya has always been my favorite character and till now, no one has portrayed him well enough to satisfy me. So, that David Chen... Anyone have any experience on him? Is he any good?

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » Mar 11th, '08, 22:08

Aww good to hear that ! I hope the tw version will be good :) I haven't finished the jap version yet... I'm not really addicted to it, I'm only watching because I want to finish it and Toma is awesome !
Joe Cheng is a really good actor, I'm sure he's going to do a great job !

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Mar 17th, '08, 18:06

another japanese adaptation.. they better make this good!!

village

Post by village » Mar 21st, '08, 04:58

I haven't started that Japanese version but I wonder if I should wait for this one to air and then watch them back to back to compare. heh.

ch3nny

Post by ch3nny » Apr 3rd, '08, 09:49

i cant wait for this drama to air!!

SSpiegel

Re: [TwDrama] Honey & Clover (CTS, 2008)

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 3rd, '08, 11:35

Ruisai7 wrote: H&C followers will definitely remember some of these scenes, the ones which made the comedic parts of H&C so memorable; I sorely miss this in the japanese version right now.
I agree that the japanese version was a bit humorless. Not that the original story is all fun and games, but it had me laughing out loud several times. When making "live action", the Japanese have a tendency to just take the "good parts" and then make the dramas into their own thing. The jdorama was highlighting well, the drama part.
Taiwanese follow the original plot pretty slavishly, as seen in Meteor Garden or HanaKimi.

Anyways, I can't wait to see Joe Cheng as geeky hotness. He's been a bit stuck in that cold and cool hot guy -role, at least this is a bit different. :)

shuurei

Post by shuurei » Apr 3rd, '08, 11:54

OMG! Joe Cheng as Mayama in Honey and Clover...Awesome.

dindaputri

Post by dindaputri » Apr 4th, '08, 05:06

really looking forward to it!

i think it should be better than the japanese vrsion.

wlben

Post by wlben » Apr 5th, '08, 07:29

this looks really nice

acemaverick

Post by acemaverick » Apr 5th, '08, 07:32

it has been decided. ShinZuKi will be subbing this drama.

interested parties can pm us to join in the fun in subbing. :wub:

Ruisai7

Post by Ruisai7 » Apr 5th, '08, 08:00

Oh nice! It should air sometime this month?

Drama wiki also has it at 14 episodes, a bit unusual I think.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Apr 14th, '08, 03:29

Ruisai7 wrote:Oh nice! It should air sometime this month?

Drama wiki also has it at 14 episodes, a bit unusual I think.
Says that it's airing towards the end of May, so more than a month to go.
Well no, 14 episode is pretty decent, considering it's an hour and something minutes per episode, I think the fansubber finds it long enough =P

Here's a new video 8 min-trailer that was released on April 9th. It looks really promising.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 14th, '08, 06:00

^^Wow! This series must be the epitome of slapstick. :lol

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » Apr 14th, '08, 06:40

Tag and ready to watch!

ITS A COMEDY!

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Apr 16th, '08, 16:05

Why they pick a Japanese for Hagu role?
And that girl from AAA is not even chosen to be Hagu in Japanese version. WEIRD.

Valentine_rose

Post by Valentine_rose » Apr 16th, '08, 16:38

The Taiwanese live version of H&C looks so much better than the Japanese version.
The casting is excellent, each actors and actress looks like their anime/manga characters.
And the story take a lot of scenes of anime/manga, a lot of more than the Japanese version as we can see.

If the full casting plays well (I hope they don't exagerate as usual on Taiwanese dramas) and if the OST is good and in the same way of the anime, I think this drama will be an excellent adaptation (contrary to the japanese adaptation :glare: :whistling:)

Winly

Post by Winly » May 6th, '08, 17:00

This drama will start airing on May 25th :-)

Previews:

MV for the OP song:
Last edited by Winly on May 7th, '08, 00:46, edited 2 times in total.

sakuratje

Post by sakuratje » May 6th, '08, 17:18

ÇOOL!
but i don't get it..
can Chiaki speak Chinese?

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » May 6th, '08, 17:45

sakuratje wrote:ÇOOL!
but i don't get it..
can Chiaki speak Chinese?
Aparently she does playing in this drama is a good practice for her.

I like the songs from AAA so watching this drama would be worth it, anyone interested in her japanese songs?

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1672351p2s9 ... 576&rank=1

Ruisai7

Post by Ruisai7 » May 10th, '08, 05:33

Yeah I was wondering about her chinese so apparently she can speak it huh, in the previews Chiaki sounds pretty good actually.

raspberihevn

Post by raspberihevn » May 26th, '08, 00:15

StealthGnome

Post by StealthGnome » May 29th, '08, 05:34

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Shinzuki

They are subbing the first episode. Currently: Translating.

Thanks Shinzuki fansubs!

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » May 29th, '08, 05:49

isnt there a torrent for this???

Naguoki

Post by Naguoki » May 29th, '08, 17:12

torrent RAW 1

Search 蜂蜜幸運草 in btchina

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Jun 1st, '08, 19:42

Ruisai7 wrote:Yeah I was wondering about her chinese so apparently she can speak it huh, in the previews Chiaki sounds pretty good actually.
her voice is dubbed. you dont see her mouth most of the time. ^^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jul 18th, '08, 05:27

Judging from Episode 1 ONLY:

*warning* ALOT of comparing with other adaptations and original^^

THE BAD:
1. It doesn't start with Takemoto's narration. All Japanese versions, anime, live-action movie and live-action drama, all started with Takemoto's narration. As a big fan of H&C the Anime, to me, Takemoto's narration is pretty important and a-must, because he is basically the main character. Narrations of the character's thoughts are the big plus points in the original story, so it disappoints me that there's no narrations at all in this Taiwanese version.

2. Seem like Mayama and Morita has more screentime than Takemoto. Really feel bad for Takemoto >_< Although I can see that Joe and Eddie are more familiar faces to the audience than the newcomer, Lego Li. I'm suspecting that they changed the main character to Mayama/Joe Cheng.

3. Despite it follows the original scene, Takemoto and Hagu's first met was not as powerful as the ones in Japanese versions. They didn't make that scene important at all. The japanese drama didn't follow the original, but they made it more beautiful and powerful instead, we can really feel for Takemoto. The anime itself, although it went the same as the Taiwanese drama, but it felt more memorable.

4. The change of plot... it changed just as much as the live-action Japanese drama^^ However, this is just a judgement from the first episode.

5. Although the Japanese live-action drama was just so-so for me, but at least, it still wins in the directing/cinematography departement, it shows alot of the ARTISTIC side of the story. But this Taiwanese version, despite the story being about 5 art students, there's no artistic directing, or beautiful shots, instead they concentrated too much in the comical side... which is good sometimes, but sometimes they exagerrated it as well.
To sum it up, the japanese drama lacks the comical side, the taiwanese drama lacks the artistic side x)

THE GOOD
1. Loved the opening sequence with the casts in gothic lolita costumes, interesting^^

2. My favorite comical scenes in the anime like Takemoto waking up Morita, and also Hagu-Morita's first met, that were deleted in the japanese drama, are in this one!!! I'm so happy! And they pull it off quite well too. But there are also scenes not shown here, shown in the japanese drama... so its like they're completing each other xD

3. My favorite pair is Hagu-Morita. So Hagu and Morita's first met scene here really satisfied me!! Loved it alot. Loved both Eddie and Chiaki's expressions. My most favorite scene so far. I think they'll have a good chemistry.

4. Despite that Aoi Yu(movie) and Narumi Riko(drama) portrayed Hagumi's humane side very well, they lack Hagu's comical side, they portrayed her so quiet, while in the original story, Hagu is not a quiet person at all after she knows well the persons. She's only quiet when she doesn't know the people she just met. So far, Ito Chiaki portrayed Hagu's comical side excellently!! Let's see if she can still keep it up, and also handle the later changes that'll happen to Hagu. Ito Chiaki also fits Hagu's appearance very well, she's so petite and short :D

As for the other casts, I think it's still too soon to judge. So far, I love the live-action japanese drama's Takemoto-Ayumi-Mayama the best so far... however, none of the actors who play Morita Shinobu can portray him well. (not in the movie nor the drama) Morita is my most favorite character. I won't expect anything from Eddie Peng as well... so I won't be too disappointed later x) But he's OK so far.

Anyone knows if Mayama's twin gay bosses will also appear in this version? How about Morita's older brother and his own mysterious plot about his father's company?? The one thing I love the most about Morita is his mysterious past that he never tells anyone. And the live-action japanese drama totally deleted this plot!!! :cussing: Hopefully it'll be in this version.

azntina

Post by azntina » Jul 18th, '08, 05:55

This look promising, it'll be good if it follow the manga closely

xjamestar

Post by xjamestar » Apr 30th, '09, 03:39

where can i find this drama or download??
i have been looking everywhere.........................

wingli

Post by wingli » Jun 24th, '09, 20:33

I ve never seen the managa before, though i didn't really enjoy this drama, but still wachted till the end for joe:p

hj1488

does anyone has torrent file for this drama?

Post by hj1488 » Dec 18th, '10, 03:00

I've been looking everywhere, and I couldn't find torrent file for
honey and clover taiwanese version, Feng Mu Xing Yun Cao...

can someone please please upload the file~