Song Hye Kyo fan thread

Discuss about your favourite Korean Actors and Actresses.
kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 13th, '08, 13:37

Hmmm...someone else recently accused SHK of having her nose done as well (u know who u are!), but I can't see any difference to be honest. Unless you can post some 'before' and 'after' pix.

But why on earth would SHK do her nose anyway? She has like the best nose ever!

Edit:

Pause it at 1:19 and then again at 1:52

Perfect nose already back in the year 2000 and the most amazingly beautiful actress. I'm certain she has never had any work done, and never will.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 13th, '08, 13:59

about the nose job.. we could never tell. since a lot of actress has a lot of nose jobs done... unless it is revealed or something. so who ever made her nose done (that is... if it's even true..) two thumbs up for making a good job. but then again, we're still not sure if its true..

about FULL HOUSE 2, i honestly wish they wouldn't continue on with it... it would tarnish the first show. what could be next after they got married? we all have to be imaginative and do that ourselves... but if ever they decide to have it... i hope they make a DIFFERENT plot line. it would just be plain boring to see SHK trying to run away from Rain all over again wouldn't it???

about her movie as Hwang Jin Yi... it was so good too be true. its just too bad that the plot line didn't take her acting even further. it was draggy and sad all through the way... but still Song Hye Kyo made the best out of it. i would say if it wasn't for her and her co-star the movie wouldn't even earn an audience. that's how appealing she is... she just need to choose good scripts to take her talent further. so i deeply hope she does make another KDrama to retrieve herself from all those scripts that are ruining her.

(this is just my opinion as a fan, so please don't strangle me...) :salut:

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 14th, '08, 03:26

Hmmm...someone else recently accused SHK of having her nose done as well (u know who u are!), but I can't see any difference to be honest. Unless you can post some 'before' and 'after' pix.
*aHEM* :D To be honest, I don't know whether she did or not. I do know that pretty early on in her career, she was singled out as having one of the best noses in the business. Her nose may be considered her best facial feature among Koreans.
i honestly wish they wouldn't continue on with it... it would tarnish the first show. what could be next after they got married? we all have to be imaginative and do that ourselves... but if ever they decide to have it... i hope they make a DIFFERENT plot line. it would just be plain boring to see SHK trying to run away from Rain all over again wouldn't it???
Because both Full House and Goong were based on manhwa, there's still a lot of storyline they could still do. And I think with FH, they could just progress to the next part of the story, IF they mantain the same leads. But K-drama in general doesn't really do multiple seasons, and certainly nothing like where there's a 4-year hiatus between. Instead K-drama usually spin off the concept, so you may get a "Full Family" or "Full Apartment" or whatever.
i would say if it wasn't for her and her co-star the movie wouldn't even earn an audience.
I think part of the problem was that Hwang Jini was a big and well received KBS drama hit in 2006 (I think it won KBS drama of the year in 2006 too.) And, while SHK was not a bad actress, following Ha Ji Won's performance as the famous courtesan was a lot to ask. That said, she did recieve some critical plaudits for her performance, and in that way, she can call the venture successful.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 14th, '08, 03:49

belleza your second comment made me laugh. coz of the "Full Family" title.. i could just imagine them having to film a spin off with that title. lolz.. i would have to agree with you that it would be hard for them to maintain the leads on this one.. about the manhwa, full house Kdrama has a different story line from the original manhwa.. (there are some similarities but they changed a lot of things) so i wonder how they are going to make the Full House 2. (would it be like Goong S???)

the third comment made me think a lot.. thanks for that.. :thumright:
btw, aside from Song hye kyo and her lead actor, what i really like about the movie Hwnag Jin Yi was the HanBok. the stylist there really outdid themselves when they created those things... it was REALLY beautiful.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 14th, '08, 05:20

(there are some similarities but they changed a lot of things) so i wonder how they are going to make the Full House 2. (would it be like Goong S???)
I think Goong S is the big cautionary tale here. Sometimes spinoffs work. Lovers in Paris spawned Lovers in Prague, and finally Lovers. Beautiful Days spawned Stairway to Heaven and finally Tree in Heaven. Autumn Tale spawned the seasonal dramas. And so on.

But Goong S was the example of a show that deliberately labeled off a popular brand, and that it got a huge amount of backlash from the original fans, the YEH/JJH fans, and finally the general audience. Full House would be in the same boat, because the draw wasn't the story, but Rain and SHK, as well as the brilliant fashion sense of Wonderbra Girl! It would be like doing a spinoff of HYD or Nobuta Wo Produce with "other people" -- you'd get a huge amount of backlash.
btw, aside from Song hye kyo and her lead actor, what i really like about the movie Hwnag Jin Yi was the HanBok. the stylist there really outdid themselves when they created those things... it was REALLY beautiful.
I liked the grittier noir-ish vibe of the movie, and I thought when SHK was wonderfully chilly and a little scary in this role. She has a bullish side to her that you used to see in her earlier (pre-All In) roles.

I like the idea of SHK doing an American indie. Han Hyo Joo did a tiny indie flick (the film is a rel gem, btw) with a well regarded Korean American director, and it completely changed how I looked at her as an actress. Even though the film didn't have any commercial impact (and you wouldn't expect a film like Ad Lib Night too), it did really well in the festival circuit and it changed how Korean producers viewed her. And that would be same idea here. It's not important if that flick gets watched -- it only matters if it generates some kind of buzz around the muso-elite, which will change how people see her her an actress.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 14th, '08, 15:17

At the risk of sounding extremely shallow, I don't really care how people see her as an actress. Let's face it, she's never going to be a Moon So-ri or a Jeon Do-yeon, or even a Kim Hye-Soo. She will always be remembered as the beautiful Choi Eun-suh in Autumn Tale and the sassy Han Ji-eun in Full House. Of course, I don't wish her to be typecast in girl-next-door type roles forever, but there's really no point in her stretching herself beyond what she's capable of, and even if she somehow manages to pull it off, an Indie flick is still not gonna put her on the map. Why? Because no one will bloody watch it!

I personally would like to see SHK do another commercially successful drama, and although such drama might not make big producers or highly regarded directors take notice, it further reinforces herself as a bankable star in the world of k-dramas. And what's wrong with being a drama-only star anyway? Bae Yong Jun is virtually a nobody outside of dramas (ok, maybe one decent movie in Untold Scandal), and he still garnishes a lot of respect and attention. Not to mention a hefty pay packet!

After the US Indie flick - which will probably do nothing to further her career - I expect SHK to make a return to k-dramas with a BIG new project, maybe something that reunites her with fellow comeback stars in Song Seun Hun or Won Bin. That's all that's needed really. Just gotta keep it simple :)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 14th, '08, 15:54

we are all entitled with our own opinion kobe23 so don't sweat about it... :thumright: i myself want to see her in a new series... im just sad coz she's been too busy trying to make it in the big screen that she seem to have gotten farther and farther from the small screen. :(

theedqueen

Post by theedqueen » Jan 15th, '08, 00:18

I think you're being a little too harsh on her kobe23. I don't think SHK is trying to be the biggest start out there, I think she's honestly trying to be a good actress. Why else would she have taken up an Indie project in the first place? I think she's just trying to better herself as an actress. And while she most likely wants to be recognized, it's not as if she's plowing her way through, she's taking her time and working hard for it. Although I will have to agree with you on the drama part. I've been dying to see her do a drama again, especially a light hearted one since every other project she's done besides Full House are all serious. This is especially so because I never find Korean movies to be any good. They can have beautiful cinematography, the best acting in the world, and an awesome concept, but the way they are developed plotwise is just horrid. Like in Hwang Jini I thought everything in it was good except the development and the only thing that made it any good was SHK's acting. Her skills would be better put to use in a drama (along with any other korean actor out there).

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jan 15th, '08, 01:24

interesting comments and opinions here.

about her nose. it doesn't matter if its true or not. she's still pretty and all, if it's true then it was well done if not then they should stop spreading such crap bec. it won't do any good. based on all the pictures i've seen, its still look pretty much the same. i don't know where they get those crap...

i too would like to see SHK in a new drama bec. its what she does best and redeem herself again as an actress. she's well known in her former roles in Autumn Tales, All In, and Full House and people really appreciate her in those roles.

although i want her to advance in her career i think she should think of doing a drama first and then reassess herself again on what she really want to do...

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 15th, '08, 01:35

Like in Hwang Jini I thought everything in it was good except the development and the only thing that made it any good was SHK's acting.
Yeah, a lot of critics felt that HJ didn't seem centered around a plot. The director was aiming to combine a character study with modern noir, and it didn't completely work. One example where it worked brilliantly was the 1997 adaptation of Wings of the Dove, and often I was mentally comparing the aesthetics of that movie with the HJ movie, rather than the HJ TV series. But, again, when SHK was asked to play cold, she was very, very cold, and her stare was almost pitch-black, as if she was a ghost. THIS is the SHK I've been wanting to see since I saw her in Hotelier.
I think you're being a little too harsh on her kobe23. I don't think SHK is trying to be the biggest start out there, I think she's honestly trying to be a good actress.
I empathize with kobe23 on this, because a lot of my favorite leads don't do TV anymore. And it really sucks. :D Now that Cain+Abel is essentially dead, I don't think we'll see So Ji Sub at all in 2008. Wah. And I'm DYING to see the next Lee Young-Ae project (coming out in 2008 hopefully.) It's like the success of Dae Jang Geum took over her life and turned her into her era's Greta Garbo. She's afraid of following that and not living up to her "Face of Korea" image.

This impulse becomes really strong whenever you watch a really old K-drama where a particular lead has yet to hit A-list status. I'm currently watching an 1999 K-drama Happy Together (very good, BTW, feels a bit like Ruler of the World with its mix of sad and quirky. The cast here would be considered ridiculous today -- Lee Byung Hyung, Song Seung Hong, Chae Tae Hyung, Kim Ha Neul, Kang Sung-yun, Jo Jae Hyun, Han Go Eun. BUT, the one actor/actress that really sticks with you is a 16 year old Jun Ji Hyun. This was JJH's very last TV drama, before she did Il Mare and My Sassy Girl, before she became a CM queen, sex symbol, and the original S-line girl, before JJH became "Gianni." You watch her performance for tell-tale signs of her future stardom (in the way that you watch Wong Bin's performance in Autumn Tale looking for traces of his performance in Taegukgi.) And it's a raw performance (her first *real* acting gig), but you're also struck by her incredible presence, her stillness and steeliness, her assured instincts playing opposite Lee Byung Hyung without shrinking away or overacting. You watch her performance wondering what might have been had she developed her craft through TV, and then transitioning into movies in her early 20s. But we'll never know because she left early, before that talent matured on the small screen, and she got very famous before she was considered a major actress.

Such is similar with Song Hye Kyo. She starred in three of the biggest K-dramas of the decade by the time she was 23. However, if you watch the career paths of her same-age peers, it's fair to conclude that most of the actresses didn't really start showing their potential in being a proper thespian until around that age. That's when they start vying for bigger parts in sageuks and lead roles in human dramas, and then through their later 20s/early 30s, they become award-visible actresses in both TV and movies. Sometimes you can sense that defensiveness from her. I think one interviewer made a oft-handed comment about her "comeback", and she quickly responded that she was still popular. Heh heh.

Like you can pick up that she's seen actresses like Han Ji Min, Lee Da Hae and Son Ye Jin become popular and respected actresses in TV and movies, more or less, after she went out into the wilderness. Or YEH, who in about 2 years has become the hottest actress since, well, SHK. :D It's about visibility, and these are the stars now where she seems anachronistic. Too young to be "old", but now seemingly out of date with the spunkier upstarts and the careerists who've built brands for themselves since.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 16th, '08, 13:45

belleza wrote: Or YEH, who in about 2 years has become the hottest actress since, well, SHK. :D It's about visibility.
Exactly......"Out of sight, out of mind", right?

That is Song Hye Kyo's Google Trend.

It seems like Google Trends started analyzing search results only around middle 2004, but you'll notice a sharp increase in her popularity just after 2005. This was probably the period where Full House first aired in countries such as Philipines, Thailand, Vietnam etc. After that her popularity waned quite a bit and has never taken off ever since. Which of course, comes as no surprise, since she hasn't really done anything that quenches our SHK-thirst.

(I'm not sure why China isn't there, they probably search using Baidu or something....)

But things will only get worse if she keeps on doing terminal illness based movies and Indie flicks. If she sinks her teeth into a big, meaty drama with an all-star cast, you can expect that graph to skyrocket right through the screen :)

Regarding Yoon Eun Hye, she now Tops the Chinese Popularity Poll with 2.8 million votes, Han Chae Young in 2nd place with 800k and Song Hye Kyo in a distant third with 'only' 370k votes. I don't have any details of this poll, but YEH has done amazingly well considering she's never done a melodrama. How the hell did HCY get 2nd though? Must be her assets :P 3rd place for SHK is not bad, considering she's virtually been under a rock for the last 3 years.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jan 17th, '08, 06:18

but YEH has done amazingly well considering she's never done a melodrama.
I assume the poll skews young, because I'd expect Lee Young Ae and Jang Nara to score much higher in a general popularity poll with the mainland. I'm always surprised JJH was so popular in China, given her post-MSG output.

From what I read, YEH started gaining visibility in China due to X-man. Baby Vox was known, but not especially popular. And in fact, in China, she already had an audience with young girls when Goong came out, and then of course her popularity exploded.

I can't speak for Han Chae Young. She, like Jang Nara and Chae Rim, has done joint productions (i.e. Beijing Story.) I think Delightful Girl was very popular in China, because they want to remake the drama.

SHK's popularity in China, I think, will pick up if her new cosmetics deal is pitched toward the Chinese market. I think right now, SHK's popularity right now in China is more as a "face" (i.e. CM queen stuff) rather than from sustained interest in shows, somewhat like JJH in China or Lee Young Ae in Korea now. Which is to be expected due to her lack of recent visibility and general reticence toward public appearances. Of course, if this were a beauty poll, SHK would probably be neck and neck with JJH for most desirable or fashionable Korean actress.
This was probably the period where Full House first aired in countries such as Philipines, Thailand, Vietnam etc. After that her popularity waned quite a bit and has never taken off ever since.
Yeah, in the Phillipines, it made SHK popular, but it made Rain into a big star. Outside of Lee Young Ae, Yoon Eun Hye and JJH, I think Hallyu is still mostly a male actor phenomenon, in terms of real drawing power. Choi Ji Woo is popular in Japan due to her association with Bae Yong Joon and Lee Byung Hyun, but she hasn't been especially successful in her own ventures. But I could be wrong about SHK. When I go to the drama section of the Chinese market, she's arguably the most visible Korean actress. Hwang Jini, My Girl and I, Autumn Tale, Full House, All In, Shining Days, etc. I'm sure if I understood more Korean, there's a daily sitcom with her in it that I'm not seeing. BTW, Kobe23, is Shining Days good?

(And yes, you can tell who are the Japanese customers because they're the okasans hunched over the Shrine of Bae Yong Joon section :D )

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 18th, '08, 19:18

Song Hye-kyo became the next main model for Laneige..
Top star, Song Hye-kyo became the face of Laneige in 2008 after the 'CF Queen', Jeon Ji-hyeon.

The 'No.1 Beauty' Jeon Ji-hyeon brought a rapid success to Laneige when she worked as their main model for last 4 years from January 2004. As the main model for 'Laneige', Jeon Ji-hyeon brought out various aspects of her beauty from purity to sexy while appealed to the audience with her friendly image. She maximised the image of "The woman to be followed".

Laneige released a new make-up set called 'Snow Crystal' last year to promote a reformation. Its spokesman said, "In order to change our present image and to successfully launch a new marketing scheme as a "Young Premium Brand" we decided to change our main model".

The experts explained that if the "Perfect body" Jeon Ji-hyeon attracted the consumers with her mystic atmosphere, the attractive point for "Doll-faced" Song Hye-kyo is her milky-white skin and enchanting eyes, the best features for a beauty model. In addition, "Recently, Song Hye-kyo looks more sophisticated and chic, closely matching with the image the Laneige wishes to promote. She will attract many Asian women who wish to be like her".

Meanwhile, Song Hye-kyo completed the first set of photo shoots at a certain studio in Seoul Kang-nam. She was praised by many for bring out various facial expressions suitable for the product at every possible angles.
credit to Hancinema..

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Jan 19th, '08, 12:24

SHK fighting!!!

Hmm....I swear I posted a lengthy reply to belleza the previous night, but it's not here.

To keep things short this time around, I haven't seen Shining Days yet, and probably never will be able to because of no subs + no RAWS. Wouldn't want to watch it anyway, since the synopsis doesn't sound very interesting and SHK doesn't look too good there.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Jan 20th, '08, 01:38

hmmm, that's interesting. way to go for SHK.

Jackal21

Post by Jackal21 » Jan 31st, '08, 23:28

Does anyone know about this video with SHK? Looks very nice, so romantic and sad.
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=1OW2QKK4

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Feb 1st, '08, 01:44

Jackal21 wrote:Does anyone know about this video with SHK? Looks very nice, so romantic and sad.
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=1OW2QKK4
i've seen that on youtube several times already. i just don't remember the title though. its a MV of a song. i just don't remember what song and who sang it...

Jackal21

Post by Jackal21 » Feb 1st, '08, 04:53

Finally I found it. It´s Kim Bum Soo "Once upon a Day" MV. :D
SHK looks in this MV really beautiful and so natural. :wub:

charisse0306

hi guys..

Post by charisse0306 » Feb 1st, '08, 09:49

:D hi friends..Thea here... I'm a fan of hae kyo also....

cutekid

Re: hi guys..

Post by cutekid » Feb 2nd, '08, 05:02

charisse0306 wrote::D hi friends..Thea here... I'm a fan of hae kyo also....
hi there! welcome to this thread! hope you enjoy it here. i see that this is your first post...

michelle_w

Post by michelle_w » Feb 22nd, '08, 04:31

cutekid wrote:
charisse0306 wrote::D hi friends..Thea here... I'm a fan of hae kyo also....
hi there! welcome to this thread! hope you enjoy it here. i see that this is your first post...
Hi cutekid,

Newbie question: How did you create your banner?

It's very nice!! :-)

I am a fan of Song Hye Gyo also :wub:

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Feb 22nd, '08, 10:01

michelle_w wrote:
Hi cutekid,

Newbie question: How did you create your banner?

It's very nice!! :-)

I am a fan of Song Hye Gyo also :wub:

wow! thanks for the compliment. actually the banner i'm using was just given to me by a friend of mine. no idea how she did it. i think she used photoshop to edit the banner. no idea how she made it though...

sorry for not being of any help to you... :-(

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Feb 28th, '08, 09:07

i been missing Song Hye Kyo a lot. I wish she will do a drama very soon.

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 29th, '08, 00:24

SHK's Laneige deal featured on Popseoul

http://popseoul.com/2008/02/29/song-hye ... r-laniege/

Her image has grown up for awhile now, but I think the deal with Laniege leverages her new image in the international Asian (i.e. mainland China) market.

Personally, I'm totally feeling her beehive look. Just as long as she doesn't over do the Winehouse impression (i.e. smack, crack, missing hair, ill advised Youtube appearances) I say no no no.

lieanne

Post by lieanne » Feb 29th, '08, 04:43

whose is her lover?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Feb 29th, '08, 12:20

belleza wrote:SHK's Laneige deal featured on Popseoul

http://popseoul.com/2008/02/29/song-hye ... r-laniege/

Her image has grown up for awhile now, but I think the deal with Laniege leverages her new image in the international Asian (i.e. mainland China) market.

Personally, I'm totally feeling her beehive look. Just as long as she doesn't over do the Winehouse impression (i.e. smack, crack, missing hair, ill advised Youtube appearances) I say no no no.
She looks good in this picture

and this picture

and I don't like any from the rest of the Laneige shots. I'm not digging her new look and still thinks she looks best circa 2000-2004. Maybe I just never want her to grow up?

belleza

Post by belleza » Feb 29th, '08, 22:37

whose is her lover?
Word is she's a Kobe(23) fan. Though I hear their relationship pretty much amounts to call and response games of "oppa!" and "who is your oppa?" My sources could be wrong though . . .

She, like most A/B-list celebrities, manages her romantic rumor mill pretty well, especially after her high profile breakup with LBH. In fact, the current situation with Likable or Not and HJH/LDG mirrors what went on during Full House, where Rain offered a lot of support and in turn spurned new rumors about them.
Maybe I just never want her to grow up?
Her face used to have a rounder, softer look when she weighed more. Not quite a classic oval or moon shape that's highly prized among Chinese, but kinda there. Now, from losing all that weight, she has a more angular, narrow look, which is more popular in Korean now.

She has a very, very small face, which is kind of a problem with the weight loss and when she does the fringes that's currently popular. Her face seems crowded, and her nose and mouth look exaggerated. In a way, I think her look is antiquated among the <24 set in Korea, but it translates well to international Asian sensibilities. That notion kinda extends to her celebrity. She seems so much older than her age.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Mar 1st, '08, 12:05

i just miss this lovely lady. hope she makes a new drama this year...

yeah, she looks so much older now. i like her more when she has all the baby fats and everything...

still as pretty back then...

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 1st, '08, 14:57

Your sources are full of lies belleza, LIES!! Our relationship extends to much more than just the simple "oppa" response games. We have now advanced to "yobo" response games! And you don't want to know what other games we have next on our agenda :P

But enough unfounded rumors for now, here is SHK's new ROEM 2008 collection courtesy of soompi!

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Parab

Post by Parab » Mar 3rd, '08, 14:22

This lady has a really beautifull face. She reminds me of the itallian actress Monica Bellucci

Jackal21

Post by Jackal21 » Mar 3rd, '08, 22:31

Definetely. You´re right. :thumright: Her face looks like itallian actress Monica Bellucci.
But if you can see her photos 3-4 years before. She doesn´t look like now.(I don´t mean that she has surgey - No flame, please!!!). :notworthy:
What I mean is she has more sophisticated appearance now. Not likes a "Girl next door" (Full house-2004).
She growed up, gets older, more experience. An I think Asian girls(women) grow up longer than Western girls. So they have mature appearance usually after 27-30.
So for me I like more her aappearance just now than before. :wub: And in future she looks furthermore better. :scratchchin:

Parab

Post by Parab » Mar 4th, '08, 07:54

Jackal21 wrote: And in future she looks furthermore better.
I still haven't watch Full House although I have it. I prefer to watch an actor/actress in several movies consecutively so I could get a full idea of his/her acting. Does she have any other appearance in a k-drama recently?
Time will tell what she is capable after getting older. :roll

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Mar 4th, '08, 09:04

Is there any update regarding her Fetish movie?

Jackal21

Post by Jackal21 » Mar 4th, '08, 23:40

I still haven't watch Full House although I have it. I prefer to watch an actor/actress in several movies consecutively so I could get a full idea of his/her acting.
Yes, I agree with you. I did the same as you want to do. This 2 month I really watch only k-drama where Hye Gyo played.Also two movies, where she played. :tv:
I don´t know how I could judge her acting. Because I´m becoming her fan. :wub:

But objectively She is really natural from camera. For me her crying is so emotianal and natural, really can make you cry.
Her role are almost innocent, weak girl.(Autumn Tale, All In, Hotelier) So I don´t know, for me isn´t hard acting this for another Korean actress.
But some actress never make the progress likes her. So I have to admit that her acting is coming better and better(from Autumn Tale to Full House).
In the Full House she made really good progress. Her role is completely diferent and she acted her role really good.

Now she try to be movies actress. For me two first movies isn´t so good. I mean the script isn´t so good. It doesn´t allow her to show her best.
She wants to break though in USA. She had to improve her English, she spent 3 month for learnig English. So her latest drama is just Full House(2004)
Now She finished her latest independent US film"Fetish" about two weeks ago. So I´m really curious like "Jaja"(or all her fans) and waiting for any update form her movie.
I really wish her success in the USA.

So Parab, enjoy her dramas or movies. I think you´ll love her :mrgreen: Have you seen Autumn Tale? I really curious if you´ll cry or not :P

Parab

Post by Parab » Mar 5th, '08, 08:17

Jackal21 wrote:
I
So Parab, enjoy her dramas or movies. I think you´ll love her :mrgreen: Have you seen Autumn Tale? I really curious if you´ll cry or not :P
So she is in Hotelier - I noticed her face on the posters. How did you manage to find this drama - because it is so old ,there isn't any torrents anywhere.

Probably, no, definately I will cry. :-) All asian movies have this special emotial touch that is not typical in europian or american movies.
I wonder if male viewers cry on k-dramas ;-)...

Jackal21

Post by Jackal21 » Mar 5th, '08, 10:18

How did you manage to find this drama - because it is so old ,there isn't any torrents anywhere.
It´s really hard to find it. I didn´t found it with English subtittle. Maybe You could find this in soompi.com with Eng-sub.
I didn´t try it. So I have to find the drama with Viet-dub.
For me Hotelier is bad drama.I watch this because Hye Gyo. It doesn´t matter if you couldn´t find it or you miss this drama.
The same situation with her two dramas-"Guardian Angel" and Sunlight Pours Down.
Really hard to find it. I luckly found "Guardian Angel" last week, but it´s Viet-dub. :cry: It´s bad I really want hear her true voice. :roll
If you want download links, send me P.M. But I´m not sure if you can understand Vietnamese dub. :mrgreen:

michelle_w

Post by michelle_w » Mar 6th, '08, 06:07

Jackal21 wrote:
How did you manage to find this drama - because it is so old ,there isn't any torrents anywhere.
It´s really hard to find it. I didn´t found it with English subtittle. Maybe You could find this in soompi.com with Eng-sub.
I didn´t try it. So I have to find the drama with Viet-dub.
For me Hotelier is bad drama.I watch this because Hye Gyo. It doesn´t matter if you couldn´t find it or you miss this drama.
The same situation with her two dramas-"Guardian Angel" and Sunlight Pours Down.
Really hard to find it. I luckly found "Guardian Angel" last week, but it´s Viet-dub. :cry: It´s bad I really want hear her true voice. :roll
If you want download links, send me P.M. But I´m not sure if you can understand Vietnamese dub. :mrgreen:
Hi,

Is there any "Guardian Angel" with English subs?

So far I only came across Chinese subs on DVDs for sale online. :(

Thanks alot.

Jackal21

Post by Jackal21 » Mar 6th, '08, 07:49

Is there any "Guardian Angel" with English subs?
I didn´t find it on any e-shop, if you want buy it. :glare:
But you can download torrent here http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/torrents ... dian+Angel :thumright:
It seems anyone seed it. Maybe someone still have it.(So you can request for reseeding)
Or:
I find this http://www.veoh.com/videos/v73631254cqZY9R (must Install Veoh engine to see full version). First episode.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Mar 7th, '08, 01:38

she's still so pretty! i just can't stop looking at her pretty face... i just hope her new movie in the US do well...

kor-guy

Post by kor-guy » Mar 9th, '08, 18:07

do u think u could send me a link for this w/o any subs at all?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 16th, '08, 13:18

Any news on that rumor regarding SHK's new drama The World that they Live In? Hmm....even if she isn't doing that one, surely she's got something planned this year. 4+ years now since her last drama - How much longer do we have to wait? Can't keep on watching Full House reruns all day long :P

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 17th, '08, 10:50

Nothing yet and I don't see it happening. If SHK is going to work with the PD of Full House, uhm she's probably doing FH 2. Then again, maybe it is the sequel to Full House . . .

To be honest, I'm not sure whether SHK should work with KBS. The PD's last show for KBS Insoon Is Pretty struggled mightily in spite of having a boffo cast.

I thought this was kinda neat -- Entertainment Relay with SHK back from last July

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 18th, '08, 15:28

Interesting to hear she considers Autumn Tale her best project! But then again, that was the drama that put her on the map.

Anyway, I just stumbled upon some new pictures of SHK at the Asian Film Awards courtesy of Soompi. I think she looks absolutely amazing in these pictures and it's the first time I've liked the way she looks since 2004.

There's this mystical elegance about her here, like she's a princess from a fantasy world or something. She almost looks surreal, her eyes are mesmerizing....I think these might be some of her best pictures EVER. I'm glad SHK still has it and now all we need is to have her back on our TV sets (or LCD monitors) for another 16 wonderful episodes :)

Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Mar 19th, '08, 01:05

wow! she looks so pretty in those pictures! seen them on soompi too. anyways, she's really pretty there.

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 20th, '08, 01:39

Interesting to hear she considers Autumn Tale her best project! But then again, that was the drama that put her on the map.
It's especially remarkable because she was given a true lead role in a non-comedy at the age of 18. Eun Suh was written to be a 20-22 years old character, but she seems more like a teenager. That makes more sense if you consider that Hye Kyo wasn't the original choice for Eun Suh. They wanted to cast Kim Min Sun (Loveholic) who would have been about 21.

Full House was another interesting situation. I think SHK was cast pretty early on in its production. Before Rain was offered the role, they wanted to try Lee Jung Jae and (I think) either Joo Woo Sung or Jo Seung-woo. We're talking a kind of May-December age gap here, which would have completely changed the makeup of Full House.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Mar 21st, '08, 05:50

song hye kyo is gorgeous at the AFA
i love her whole look. definitely a goddess

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 21st, '08, 15:23

A couple of recent YouTube clips from Hong Kong

Here we have SHK presenting the Best Actress award at the AFA. She looks great, but her English is horrible. Obviously she has not improved since doing that American Indie flick Fetish.

And here's her HK interview.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Mar 22nd, '08, 13:21

i watched her clips from AFA. she looks so pretty there! the best!

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Mar 24th, '08, 00:55

Well with a short span of time, I think she managed to speak and understand english quite well. I just hope she will practice more to enhance her speaking capability.

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 24th, '08, 09:41

Here we have SHK presenting the Best Actress award at the AFA. She looks great, but her English is horrible.
I think her English is okay, but affecting an American monotone makes it difficult to separate the words. Most Korean-expat English (see Jung Ryeo Won) is just rich with pitch, but here she's flattened out her intonation. Rain does that too. Maybe Rain taught her English? :blink

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 25th, '08, 14:11

Rich with pitch is good, that's how Kim Eugene speaks English too, but SHK sounds like an automaton! It totally ruins her bubbly and vibrant persona. But Jaja is right, SHK hasn't had much time to practice and I hope she actively tries to increase her English skills. Perhaps studying abroad would be a good idea. I hear Melbourne has some very good universities :D

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Mar 26th, '08, 02:40

Song Hye Kyo seems really expanding her abilities in languages these past months, I read in soompi that she speak Cantonese now. Good for her.

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 26th, '08, 03:34

I hear Melbourne has some very good universities
This tiny restaurant I went to the other weekend to has pictures of Korean famous people who've eaten there. For example, there was a picture of Kim Sang Jung (My Man's Woman) and Kim So Yeon (All About Eve) together waving hi. And there was another picture of two famous Korean movie actresses; I actually asked the cashier whether the one wearing big sunglasses was Han Ye Seul (she's from this area.) Small world. But lots of K-pop stars study in Australia; I think it's their Hongcouvah. :D
Rich with pitch is good,
Yeah, I got used to it in high school; that's why I like Jung Ryeo Won so much; her accent and personality reminds me of my high school friends. :D

But, like the way Rain and Song Hye Kyo speak English, it's as if they learned in a Chinese/Taiwanese school. That's more how Taiwanese speak English, very flat and dry. In that way, she speaks English pretty well, it's just not what I'm used to.
It totally ruins her bubbly and vibrant persona.
That said, I think by 2003-04, that persona's kinda been replaced by a demure image in public. This is more how she used to be:

Speaking of oldie but goodie, there's a good 4-star hankie with hot men

I read in soompi that she speak Cantonese now
I think for All In, she had to pick up English and a little Mandarin. My hunch is her Chinese is much further along, since she's done promotion there before.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 26th, '08, 13:48

belleza wrote:This tiny restaurant I went to the other weekend to has pictures of Korean famous people who've eaten there. For example, there was a picture of Kim Sang Jung (My Man's Woman) and Kim So Yeon (All About Eve) together waving hi. And there was another picture of two famous Korean movie actresses; I actually asked the cashier whether the one wearing big sunglasses was Han Ye Seul (she's from this area.) Small world. But lots of K-pop stars study in Australia; I think it's their Hongcouvah. :D
Yeah I've read about quite a few of them coming down under to do their studies; Lee Da Hae even spent most of her high school days in Sydney at Burwood Girls High School. Anyone know what her English is like?

And of course, as most of you guys who follow Korean entertainment have already heard, Lee Dong Gun's brother who was tragically robbed of his life whilst studying in Sydney.
That said, I think by 2003-04, that persona's kinda been replaced by a demure image in public. This is more how she used to be:

Thanks for that clip, I haven't seen that yet, and I've seen a lot of SHK videos on youtube! That clip also reminds me of one thing: I haven't seen Hotelier yet. What's it like? I kinda need my SHK fix right about now considering I haven't seen her in a series since I did an SHK tri-fecta with Full House, Autumn Tale and All in 2 years ago. That just leaves me with the very unappealing Hotelier to go - Is it worth watching just for SHK alone?
I read in soompi that she speak Cantonese now
I think for All In, she had to pick up English and a little Mandarin. My hunch is her Chinese is much further along, since she's done promotion there before.
I actually read in soompi that she's trying really hard to learn Mandarin because apparently there are a few Chinese producers who are interested in working with her.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Mar 26th, '08, 14:12

hi there! just read in soompi that SHK can spoke in cantonese in one of her interviews.

yeah maybe she's studying chinese because i think some chinese producers wants to work with her...

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Mar 26th, '08, 17:50

kobe23 wrote:Lee Da Hae even spent most of her high school days in Sydney at Burwood Girls High School. Anyone know what her English is like?
She speaks some English and even a bit of Chinese in the second half of this clip. (She also looks very lovely):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QfU8iPYVWdA

Her English sounds much better than her Mandarin. It's actually very good in my opinion, and much better than SHK's I think we can agree. I can't detect the Australian accent people who commented the video were talking about though, do you?

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 26th, '08, 19:05

That clip also reminds me of one thing: I haven't seen Hotelier yet. What's it like?
Hotelier is still my favorite workplace drama, but I like dramas/movies that center around hotels. Wonderful use of an ensemble cast to tell small stories within the larger one.

Hotelier was actually the first show that I saw Song Hye Kyo, so that's always shaped my view of her casting. It's more obvious then, but SHK was kind of a "tomboy among the guys." She gets cast playing pure characters, but she's actually not that good at that particular role. This contrast is really there when you watch her opposite the chairman's son vs. manager. When she plays against the son, there is really no chemistry there, because you get the sense that he's a little bit intimidated by her. But when she plays off Kim Seung Woo, it works. As you're watching it, your brain is thinking "whoa he's WAY too old for her", but your eyes are going "yeah, but the creepy thing is how well comfortable their scenes are." It sounds weird, but this is actually my favorite SHK pairing or semi-pairing. SHK isn't a diva, but she brings a intimidating, slightly bullish presence to her roles. When she plays opposite a much older veteran, the guy doesn't shrink from her.

In that regard, she's a better actress than her reputation. Rain and SHK never clicked as a romantic pairing for me, because it was very, very clear that Song Hye Kyo was Rain's unni. By Full House, SHK had already worked with K-drama top guys -- BYJ, KSW, Lee Byung Hun, Kim Ming Jong, Song Seung Heun, etc. in lead and support roles. Rain was popular at the time, but *she* was the star and she was the veteran actor. And in their scenes, she was kinda leading him in their scenes, easing him into this role. It was delightful watching them as a "reverse oppa" couple, i.e. older sister/younger brother miming for the crowd. But without her support and presence, Rain wouldn't have come off as well in this role, and that sense distracted me during the first half of the show's run. It's remarkable that any 22 year old K-drama actress has that kind of veteran presence status to do that. That's Park Min Young's age. That was YEH's age when she did Coffee Prince. That was Kim Tae Hee's age when she got her first lead role.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Mar 27th, '08, 02:36

Speaking of Hotelier. SHK is kinda like a supporting role in that drama and the ending part is understandable but I'm not satisfied.

Bae Yong Joon character reminds me of Richard Gere profession in Pretty Woman.

belleza

Post by belleza » Mar 27th, '08, 23:16

Speaking of Hotelier. SHK is kinda like a supporting role in that drama and the ending part is understandable but I'm not satisfied.
I liked her here because her own storyline was kind of a sweet distraction from the gamesmanship between the hotel manager and the attorney over the hotel and the female lead. Of all her roles, this is the one that actually reflected her early image (the one that, say, Masami Nagasawa had in Japan), that of a "pure girl" bristling upon womanhood. Old school SHK has this mix of innocence and covert lustiness that just made boys crazy in her Autumn Heart days.

In the beginning of the drama, Tae Joon sees her as a troubled girl looking for her daddy's love. Toward the end, he starts to see her as a beautiful woman, and that her feelings for him may outlive her adolescent infatuation. Kim Seung Woo is also a great romantic lead; he's like Bogart, he can be gruff and stoic, but tender and warm in the same scene. Very, erm, old school Korean and sexy as hell. ;) BYJ considers KSW a friend and mentor, and you can see his influence on his own acting style. And here, Seung Woo is able to navigate the situation, so it didn't come off as creepy. Just . . . dangerous. And sweet. ;)

But I think that image also hurt her growth as an actress. She took on lead (too) early, but she mostly avoided doing rom-coms, and she ended up in one May-December situation after another, putting her up as window dressing. Even Full House was originally cast to reflect this, and she kind of alludes to this when speaking about her insecurities and frustration as an actress. By the time she hit 22, she had already experienced a kind of accelerated celebrity where she was viewed as a borderline A-list who should be cast other A-listers, even though her acting hadn't caught up yet. Similar thing happened to Ji-Hyun. Both are veteran celebrities and their status as "natural beauties" sometimes seems vaguely old-fashioned against their hipper, respective peers.
Bae Yong Joon character reminds me of Richard Gere profession in Pretty Woman.
Unlike most of his peers, when BYJ plays a chaebol, it's not an act. Before Winter Sonata happened, he was already wealthy from his prior investments. And, of course, after Winter Sonata, the man is among the most powerful in the industry, and he is respected for his business acumen. He was also among the first K-pop stars to feature a gym body, and he's still among the most impressive physiques. His acting style is singular; he's played variations of Yonsama throughout his career, but he is the only one who can can do it. My mum didn't understand the fuss over this "sissy looking man" until she saw him in the Legend; then she raved to me about his aura -- the mix of regal serenity, contemplative disposition, masculinity, and a disarming smile -- just like really no other Asian actor out there. He has an otherness about him that you can't make up.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 28th, '08, 12:54

fizzlex3mh wrote:
kobe23 wrote:Lee Da Hae even spent most of her high school days in Sydney at Burwood Girls High School. Anyone know what her English is like?
She speaks some English and even a bit of Chinese in the second half of this clip. (She also looks very lovely):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QfU8iPYVWdA

Her English sounds much better than her Mandarin. It's actually very good in my opinion, and much better than SHK's I think we can agree. I can't detect the Australian accent people who commented the video were talking about though, do you?
Nice video. Yeah her Mando doesn't sound too good to say the least, but her English from what I can hear (damn her friend keeps on interrupting!), is not bad at all. As far as her accent goes, it sounds like a Australian / American mix. Kinda like how Nicole Kidman talks.

Speaking of accents, I find that Jung Ryu Won has a very American accent, but her drama wiki entry claims she moved to Australia at 12 and went to High School and University there. Please explain?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Mar 28th, '08, 13:21

belleza wrote:
Hotelier is still my favorite workplace drama, but I like dramas/movies that center around hotels. Wonderful use of an ensemble cast to tell small stories within the larger one.
My least favorite parts in All In were the parts involving Hotel/Business Management so naturally I steered well clear of Hotelier on the assumption that it's about ..er...running a Hotel. But I'm starting to get a bit desperate to see an SHK drama, so I might give this one a go despite the fact she only plays a minor role.
In that regard, she's a better actress than her reputation. [...] It's remarkable that any 22 year old K-drama actress has that kind of veteran presence status to do that. That's Park Min Young's age. That was YEH's age when she did Coffee Prince. That was Kim Tae Hee's age when she got her first lead role.
It is quite remarkable come to think of it, and she's definitely a better actress than what people give her credit for. But in recent years her shortcomings have been from behind the camera and not in front. Her and/or her agent haven't chosen the most suitable roles since Full House and I really hope their next choice becomes a huge commercial success, which will put her right back into the game as the most sought after K-actress.

Jackal21

Post by Jackal21 » Mar 29th, '08, 22:25

ROEM SPRING 2008 MAKING
http://www.roem.com/index.asp?CLASS_COD ... SS_CODE=03
Nice video :shocked: : SHK looks unbelievable :wub:

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Apr 1st, '08, 12:55

thanks for the links Jackal21 will check that out!

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 6th, '08, 04:19

Song Hye Kyo at the New York premiere of "My Blueberry Nights Premiere." (Warning: Popseoul antis in full force!)

http://popseoul.com/2008/04/06/song-hye ... -premiere/

Not sure what it is about America/New York, but she really lets her hair down over there/here/whatever. She actually looks . . . Korean. ;)

(Plus, must be said, SHG and having bangs/fringes aren't meant to be.)

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Apr 6th, '08, 14:13

Popseoul definitely has more antis than fans! But what's the difference right? :D

If SHK wants to gain prominence in the states and across Asia she really needs to be more wary of the way she looks. Presentation is everything, and you're not gonna get anywhere looking like you just got outta bed!

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Apr 15th, '08, 01:37

New SHK drama?
THE WORLD THEY LIVE IN
(KBS; set to air in summer)
PD: Pyo Min Soo (Full House; In-soon Is Pretty; Lies; Sad Temptation; Foolish Love)
Script: Noh Hee Kyung (Lies; Sad Temptation; Foolish Love; The Reason I Live; Solitude; Have We Really Loved?; More Beautiful Than A Flower; Goodbye Solo)
Cast: Song Hye Kyo (yet to be confirmed)
Plot: All about the behind the scenes workings of the drama-making industry.
Thanks daheefanel!

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 15th, '08, 01:58

fizzlex3mh wrote:New SHK drama?
Sweet mother of God, Song Hye Kyo is alive?!? :D Is Kobe23 doing the Three Bears Dance in parachute pants as we speak? :D

Honestly, I'm not sure what I think of this. Isn't this basically On Air, Part 2? Are we going to get cameo appearances by peeps associated with SHK and Pyo Min Su? Actually if they manage a Wong Bin/SHK appearance (even if they have Wong Bin and SHK playing a Wii), I think I'm going to scream! Or like the Three Bears Tell Me Karaoke Dance. OMG that's hot.

Edit: I'm kinda torn here because the writer herself, Noh Hee Kyun, is very well regarded, and not especially prolific or commercial.
Last edited by belleza on Apr 15th, '08, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 15th, '08, 02:46

I wonder if she have decided what agency?

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Apr 15th, '08, 22:17

belleza wrote:Sweet mother of God, Song Hye Kyo is alive?!?
lol, my thoughts exactly. I miss her, but the "yet to be confirmed" part makes me really doubtful. This piece of information might make *some* people very happy, though. :-)

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Apr 15th, '08, 23:11

wow! she has a new drama? hope she accepts that and come back on the small screen... very happy!

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Apr 16th, '08, 15:15

Calm down folks....an announcement for a new SHK drama is not gonna make me do the 'Three Bears Dance' in parachute pants. I already do that on a nightly basis just before bed time :dance:

Actually this rumor regarding SHK's new drama has been circulating for over a month now around soompi and other communities, but for some strange reason, seeing Dahee Fanel's post makes me believe it more. It may be true and they just won't reveal it until the very last moment.

Naicho

Post by Naicho » Apr 23rd, '08, 23:28

she rocks... with her cuteness haha....

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Apr 29th, '08, 14:25

Song Hae Gyo natural beauty claim being disputed

OH NOES!!!

Many pictures had been posted on Korean websites recently doing a picture comparison of Song Hae Gyo pictures before and after plastic surgery and invited lots of discussion among netizens. Many netizens exclaimed after seeing the pictures, “Never would have believed that Song Hae Gyo would have gone for plastic surgery.” Others commented, “Really a surprise to learn of this, but the evidence is clear, still can’t believe that she went for plastic.”

ImageImageImageImage

No matter what, these photo evidence has no doubt severely dented Song Hae Gyo’s natural beauty image in her fans and neutrals eyes.

--- Article and pix from coolsmurf

I've never seen her name spelled like that before, but that's irrelevant...for now. Korean netizens really have no life whatsoever. So they dig up some random girls' picture up and claim that "the evidence is clear that she (Song Hye Kyo) went plastic" ?? What a ridiculous statement to make.

That first picture is not even SHK. It looks more like Hyori by the way she smiles, but it's probably not her either. The 3 pictures after that...I can't barely tell the difference except for the fact she's shed her baby fat. This is the best "evidence" they can come up with that she's gone plastic? LOL! Nice try, but they need to try a bit harder next time.

b1=b2

Post by b1=b2 » May 1st, '08, 08:44

omg!
is that two other girls her sister???

nell123

Post by nell123 » May 1st, '08, 09:26

I don't get this... :scratch: Why is it so important to be natural beauty anyway? If plastic surgery is so popular in Korea why is it such a big news when a celebrity has her/his face corrected? If it looks good then what is the problem?