[Discussion] Hotaru no Hikari (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
lulurz

Post by lulurz » Mar 11th, '08, 01:48

hhahahah well I;m sure you are Kawaii too Rairai :)
I like the moral @ the end... t's Ok to be Himono onna if the guy really likes u heheh:P

Ayase is totally cute in this! I used to think she's pretty but then all her previous dramas were more serious .. and she was always a rather quiet "lady" in all of them... (ok the one with .. yamada i forgot the drama name was a dark side of her)

I didn't know she could pull a comedy so i looked passed this drama last year but I saw recommendations and tried to give it a shot

I'm glad I did~
I usually watch dramas after they are all aired b/c I don't like waiting. I'm watching the summer /fall dramas now... finished Life,Hana Kim, Galileo a while ago...

well Life and Galileo aren't really same genre but
the after-watching feeling for Hotaru no Hikari is def better than the much hyped Hana Kimi ...
The ratings should have been better for Hotaru!!

anyhow
I hope there is a 2nd season or like a SP ! :)

rairai

Post by rairai » Mar 11th, '08, 08:57

thanks lulurz.. well youre right.. its actually my boyfriend who's teasing me that i was like amemiya in Hotaru.. but stil loves me for it.. lolz.. (and he's buosho!, like so seerious on things and always scolding me.. lolz!)
oh well so much for personal stuff.. haha..

i havent watched any of ayase's drama except for this one, (but i definitely will) so i couldnt compare her acting..

i aslo have galileo but havent watched it yet.. i also find hotaru funnier that hana kimi.. though hana kimi is nice too (esp with toma in it :wub: )

piston

Post by piston » Mar 20th, '08, 04:46

Just found this forum talking abt this drama. This is my fav drama for Fall 2007...

First time seeing the lead actress ...

Love the theme song...

Anyone who likes office related drama should also check out "Hataraki Man"... it's a nice one too.

srs.cassiopeia

Post by srs.cassiopeia » Apr 6th, '08, 12:22

a view on hotaru no hikari... im gonna hide it just in case i blurt out spoilers.. but for those who are willing to risk it, do read this =p
eversince boushou entered hotaru's house, i knew that they were and they should eventually be together. i like how boushou's character developed as he gradually adjusted to hotaru's messiness and innocence. he might not have realized it, but his daily actions were expressing his care and love to his house companion. i love his character. =)

teshima, on the other hand, seemed to be an interesting character when he spontaneously kissed hotaru. however, he turned out to be completely boring. i really couldn't take it when he asked hotaru to go with him for a drive, and that's precisely the only thing he did throughout the trip. all the awkwardness was felt by hotaru who tried to break the ice, but really, it was teshima's lack of personality that's to blame.

overall, it was a good story, and it had some pretty enlightening dialogues. it was just a bit slow-paced for me since i expected hotaru and boushou to get it on sooner.
=P

srs.cassiopeia

Post by srs.cassiopeia » Apr 6th, '08, 18:45

by the way! i love their butt slap "fart" thing going on..hahaha..

the ending was good =D i was almost satisfied - almost because there wasn't even a hug at least. it could've completed the picture. nonetheless, it was a good series! it could've been better if instead of compressing all the significant events at the last 2 episodes, they should've spread it out for at least 3-4 episodes in place of the kinda stagnant middle part. however, i liked how each of the characters developed =D im so happy with the ending. =D

ctfazra

Post by ctfazra » Apr 17th, '08, 08:05

but i think d ending shud show a little bit of romantic scene btween hotaru n her boushou..it's a nice ending though :)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Apr 29th, '08, 09:14

i loved this show!!! i just saw it on someone else's siggy and thought it would be funny to see it... i ended up :cry: in some parts. lolz.. but that's just me... to shallow to drama's or maybe coz it just hit a soft spot in some scenes?

the humor was just good between the two of the lead characters. FUJIKI NAOHITO rocks!!!! and he is an Ikemen as Hotaru has mentioned, even for an older guy. i think for most of romantic scenes where put on a lighter mode, or lets say the love scenes where entirely cut because that's not what the show is all about. it was about being in love and the nativity of it all. over all it was a good watch until the very end. the only thing left to be said is...

we need an SP SP SP SP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Apr 29th, '08, 10:46

I agree, a more romantic ending probably would have turned the whole drama a bit down.. 'cause that *for me* wouldn't really fit in ...

ahh, but a special would be nice, nevertheless

Noi

Post by Noi » Apr 30th, '08, 04:11

Totally dreamt we got an SP the other night. AND IT WAS AWESOME.

*prays*

:lol

matsujun06

Post by matsujun06 » May 4th, '08, 04:55

I just finished until episode 8.
episode 9 is still downloading at Torrent.

this drama is sugoi.
soooooper.
it's so great.
one of the best jdramas. :]

i love Fujiki Nao.
he's so cool.

I also loved his acting on GalCir. :]

i just loved this drama.
hope there'll be an SP. :]

neuhikari

Post by neuhikari » May 4th, '08, 15:17

this jdrama is really good. especially the situation between the boss and his employee I really like this combination. and the words that she saying she is mixing 2 word into one well that's funny. so I really like this drama

yuki15966

Post by yuki15966 » Jun 11th, '08, 08:40

I love the drama. But after the end I really hope there would be a SP... Did anyone know something about it?

yambasket

Post by yambasket » Jun 11th, '08, 13:06

I really didn't like the scenes with Teshima. He is so wooden and blank. I don't know if it was the actor or the direction. Somehow I can't believe him to be the creative designer sort. The awkwardness between Teshima and Amemiya was pretty realistic, and its what happens when people don't really click even though they want to. and I agree with srs.cassiopeia - its a lack of personality. For a crush, he is totally unexciting. He had no "sei" or any kind of charm/charisma that would make me believe a himono-onna like Amemiya would justify effort/exertion to have a crush on. If he was more believably crushable - i may have rooted for them to be together, AND THEN to build the relationship between Buchou and Amemiyah in a Season 2!! :mrgreen:
(Hope I don't offend any of his fans. it might just be the director or editing. )

That's the only thing that bugs me though. This is one of my favourite dramas and i re-watch episodes at random when I'm feeling bored (skip Teshima scenes). I love the scenes with Amemiya and Takano-buchou - the situations and dialogue are really funny and it remains fresh and entertaining even with repeated watching. Haha!

I wish there was an SP too. But the drama did end nicely and cleanly... i'm happy!

yuki15966

Post by yuki15966 » Jun 11th, '08, 15:23

I do not think Theshima has no charisma, but he seems not really warm hearted.
It was clear that he and Amemiya would never had a good relationship.
The ending was good, but I really want to see how they live together as lovers. It must be so funny...

cutepiekiss

Post by cutepiekiss » Jun 26th, '08, 11:13

I don't like Teshima Makoto, his character kinda disturbing.I love her manager better...

I can relate myself a lot to amemiya..Home is my favorite place.. After working I always rushing to go home and It's been a long time I didn't go out for a date.. :cry:

this drama is good..if they rid off teshima it would be better.. :x

dinence

Post by dinence » Jun 26th, '08, 18:31

I really hope there would be a SP ... I NEED a SP !!!!

Reigning_Ninya

Post by Reigning_Ninya » Jun 27th, '08, 02:51

I think that the ending is rightly placed and perfect without all the mushy love demonstration. They are sooo cute! Buchou!

Amemiya and her "crush" are so boring together. I think this is what happens when you "love" a person from afar, you tend to create these <i>dis</i>illusion. and when you finally get together, you realize that you don't have anything in common because you "fell in love" with an image you created in your head.

I hope there's a special too, but I hope that it won't consist of too much flashbacks hehe :)

yuki15966

Post by yuki15966 » Jun 27th, '08, 07:12

this drama is good..if they rid off teshima it would be better.. Mad
I think without Teshima there would be something missing. There would never be so much Chaos......

sweetpink

Post by sweetpink » Jun 28th, '08, 21:29

yeah i think Teshima was needed for the plot to progress but i wish they made his character more interesting. when he first appeared there was potential for a interesting love interest but as the story went on he just appeared bland in my opinion.

i loved this series so much, one of my favorites hand down. i'm really hoping there's a special in the works. i loved watching boushou and amemiyah's dynamic relationship develop throughout the series, their personalities are so different yet they fit each other perfectly.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 29th, '08, 08:02

sweetpink wrote:yeah i think Teshima was needed for the plot to progress but i wish they made his character more interesting. when he first appeared there was potential for a interesting love interest but as the story went on he just appeared bland in my opinion.

i loved this series so much, one of my favorites hand down. i'm really hoping there's a special in the works. i loved watching boushou and amemiyah's dynamic relationship develop throughout the series, their personalities are so different yet they fit each other perfectly.

i love boushou too! and his quirky efforts on helping amemiyah...

the show was subtle on how boushou ended up falling in love with her. there were no big confessions or too much crying and bashing on the break ups. they were all civil about it. i think that's also the part of the show that i really liked. the affection between the characters weren't TOO MUCH or TOO LESS. it was just perfect.

although i would have to honestly admit that Teshima's acting was very stale. he could have a better job with his acting... but aside that. his awkwardness in acting (sorry guys that's how i felt on his acting) got away with the whole thing.

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » Jun 30th, '08, 09:46

Hi guys,do you mind to give me a little spoiler @ the end?
Really not keen to continue watching if hotaru ends with the manager X_X

yambasket

Post by yambasket » Jul 1st, '08, 10:41

here's an idea for an SP - buchou's father comes back suddenly from his travels... looking at the rental contract between amemiya and takano senior, he would be a really wacky and interesting character. like wayyy different from takano buchou. kekeke.
there's scope for so many funny scenes eg threatening to marry amemiya so that she'll become buchou's stepmother - i can just imagine his fright just at the thought of having a himono-onna as a stepmother! haha

anyway i just wish there'll be an SP.... i want more ahomiya! (and of course fujiki naohito as takano-buchou.. yeaaaaah)

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jul 1st, '08, 17:34

yambasket wrote:here's an idea for an SP - buchou's father comes back suddenly from his travels... looking at the rental contract between amemiya and takano senior, he would be a really wacky and interesting character. like wayyy different from takano buchou. kekeke.
there's scope for so many funny scenes eg threatening to marry amemiya so that she'll become buchou's stepmother - i can just imagine his fright just at the thought of having a himono-onna as a stepmother! haha

anyway i just wish there'll be an SP.... i want more ahomiya! (and of course fujiki naohito as takano-buchou.. yeaaaaah)

hey... i love your creative mind!! lolz... if only they think about an SP ne? this plot would sound really fun.

xbbyMakiix

Post by xbbyMakiix » Jul 26th, '08, 19:56

ii really liked this drama^^ Ayase Haruka was sooo funnylol
although ii did find the guy, Teshima kinda boring. except for
the fact that he was kinda good looking, there really wasn't
much to his character. Nao was also great in this drama^^
he made me laugh soo many times^^lol BUCHOU!!! ahah
Last edited by xbbyMakiix on Jul 27th, '08, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Jul 27th, '08, 01:00

BozoBear wrote: Really not keen to continue watching if hotaru ends with the manager X_X
are you kidding me? I think you're the only one there.

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Aug 5th, '08, 17:34

Oooh an SP would be a great gift. Want more of Buchooo and Amemiya awkward scenes :lol they're so cute together. Yah I also hated whenever Teshima comes to the picture and like dude have more expressions now. You're so stiff. Glad Amemiya ended up with the manager especially since its Fujiki Naohito playing the part. I love him in almost every drama he ever does. Yup yup one of those Ikemen older man.

bananaloverz

Post by bananaloverz » Aug 11th, '08, 05:47

dinence wrote:I really hope there would be a SP ... I NEED a SP !!!!

That's absolutely true!!! I think this drama has a story line that still can be developed..

Free

Post by Free » Sep 21st, '08, 20:10

While reading every ones post, I'm just going omg cause i'm still watching it *at this very moment(neglecting homework isn't right but oh well). Ugh none the less, its so good that i've been completely absorbed.
I read bits of the manga and this series seemed interesting so I gave it a try but man, Ayase Haruka is so good at how diverse she is. Compared to all of her others roles like in byakuyakou and Tatta hitotsu no koi...she alone just completely blew me away with her role as Hotaru DX...Nonetheless this series is for sure one of my top favs =]

ika-chan

Hotaru no hikari review

Post by ika-chan » Jul 3rd, '09, 14:23

I just finished this serial last night.

I am surprised at how good j-drama are, or at least their charm over me. I am always drawn into every drama I watch since about 3 months ago when I started seriously watching all the 'top' dramas.

I started with: Nobuta wo produce, then HanaKimi, then Kurosagi, then ProDai, then HanaYoriDango, then Hotaru no Hikari.

I must say I am most surprised at Hotaru no Hikari.
I have a feeling it may remain as a very special drama in my heart for a long long time. The reason I say that is because - although less dramatic than other romantic dramas, although less romance, less conflicts or emotions....Hotaru no Hikari portrays some really true to life and beautiful lessons through their love stories.

Love is about giving - not about being selfish.
This I believe is one of the main themes of the drama. All the main characters in the story, Buchou, Yuko, Kaname - especially these 3, kept on giving themselves to the ones they love and 'cheered' them on from the side. They were not desperate to profess their love. Like the 'confession' is some MAGIC chant that is the KEY to any relationship.

The maturity of this drama really shines true. Confession is nothing....so many other things come into play, whether 2 people can be together or not. Buchou's 'confession' to Hotaru was in a way 'pathetic' if compared with other confessions like from ProDai.
But that didn't matter - everything else did.

How buchou held on to his own feelings, because he did not want to distrupt Hotaru's life - he just waited. He was never once rude or immature towards Hotaru.
Everything about this is drama speaks maturity...

I really loved Ayase Haruka as Amemiya Hotaru.
She portrays the maturity + cuteness combo that is irresistable. Not just a one sided character --- we all know everyone has many sides, and Hotaru's character was brought to life truly.

The ending was also very well done. The way the script was written so that Buchou and Hotaru end up together was perfect. She lived alone, and did not needed Buchou-Takano anymore, she could have chosen to go with Makoto or Takano, however she chose Buchou, it was her choice, her life --- and the end, how Buchou gave her a beer, and sat her down like always, and said that place was specially for her, and welcomed her home, is soooo goood. Couldn't believe it!!

Greeeeeattt serial.
I don't know why this is the only drama that albeit short (10) and the ending was also short --- I am not dying for an SP or feel like I don't have enough closure.
I still really liked the drama though...

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jul 3rd, '09, 16:25

I am really impressed with what was written above by ika-chan, and i couldn't agree with you more.
it was indeed a great drama, one that put a smile on your face when watching the ending.

ika-chan

Waht's the meaning behind the title hotaru no hikari?

Post by ika-chan » Jul 4th, '09, 03:21

Yaa totemokakkoii!!! Really love the drama..
I take back what I said in the last sentence. I am actually wishing for more of Hotaru no Hikari....hmmm
Watching other dramas just doesn't cut it.

I don't has this been discussed before but what is the meaning in the title

"Hotaru no Hikari"?
and what's the meaning behind all the fireflies, captured in the hand, long time ago - and the light is almost fading...etc

Anyone discussed this before?

marspeach

Re: Waht's the meaning behind the title hotaru no hikari?

Post by marspeach » Jul 4th, '09, 03:29

ika-chan wrote:Yaa totemokakkoii!!! Really love the drama..
I take back what I said in the last sentence. I am actually wishing for more of Hotaru no Hikari....hmmm
Watching other dramas just doesn't cut it.

I don't has this been discussed before but what is the meaning in the title

"Hotaru no Hikari"?
and what's the meaning behind all the fireflies, captured in the hand, long time ago - and the light is almost fading...etc

Anyone discussed this before?
Hotaru no Hikari= Firefly's Light. Also double meaning because the main character's name- Hotaru.

ika-chan

Hotaru no hikari meaning

Post by ika-chan » Jul 4th, '09, 04:43

Yea, thanks for that
But that's the literal meaning.

Firefly's light
Hotaru's light

But how does it relate to the drama and the story?
Why was this title chosen?

I know that there is a song, titled "hotaru no hikari" which is sang during graduations. Uses the tune from Auld Lang Syne. I wonder if there's any meaning to the story about the graduation of both himono-onna and not-a-good-husband-buchou.

koitoame

Finally a climax from the manga series!!

Post by koitoame » Aug 19th, '09, 15:32

The latest volume of Hotaru no Hikari (14), Hotaru gets a proposal from Buchou?!! Finally!!! Apparently a former boyfriend also confesses his love to her? Who could that be?!! Sorry I can't get into more details. I don't have that volume yet. Does anyone happen to have the scans? (Hahaha!!!) XDDD

sansukini

Re: Finally a climax from the manga series!!

Post by sansukini » Sep 10th, '09, 05:59

koitoame wrote:
The latest volume of Hotaru no Hikari (14), Hotaru gets a proposal from Buchou?!! Finally!!! Apparently a former boyfriend also confesses his love to her? Who could that be?!! Sorry I can't get into more details. I don't have that volume yet. Does anyone happen to have the scans? (Hahaha!!!) XDDD
I totally loOOOOve this drama. Kawaii! I just finished watching this today. (i'm totally outdated). I am happy with the ending, but I am honestly hoping to see more of Hotaru and Bucchou.

I love the sparks between Hotaru and Buccho, though there is no romance whatsoever between them during the episodes, I really kept hoping while I was watching it that she end up with Buccho instead of Teshima. Kato's such a dull character. I'm not sure if the actor's supposed to portray it like that, but I find him really stiff and he's the only thing that annoyed me in this drama.

Nao and Haruka are great in this drama. They are so fun and very striking to watch when they spat words with each other. I especially love it when Bucchou makes his serious (and sarcastic) comments to Ahomiya. i just kept laughing, and I love Haruka's acting. I watched her in Cyborg She before and I found her stiff (she's a cyborg, of course) there, and I saw her in Sekai no Chuusin, but Hotaru no Hikari is the best. And i watched Nao in ProDai before but i didn't find him cute there as I found him cute here.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THIS STORY. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN SEE THE MANGA OF THIS? I TRIED LOOKING BUT I ONLY FOUND ABOUT 4 VOLUMES AND I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S ALL OF IT.
:cheers:

xploring

Re: Finally a climax from the manga series!!

Post by xploring » Sep 10th, '09, 09:17

sansukini wrote: I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THIS STORY. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN SEE THE MANGA OF THIS? I TRIED LOOKING BUT I ONLY FOUND ABOUT 4 VOLUMES AND I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S ALL OF IT.
:cheers:
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5752

Looks like it. Follow that group/page for updates.

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » Jan 13th, '10, 19:08

I saw this drama 2 years ago. I remember I marathoned it in 2 days...well it was a complete breath of fresh air, light-hearted and in some way different from the other dramas.
Now I'm finally reading the manga and, as expected, I found it clever. The classic story you can't stop, once you start it.
The mangaka guides us through the story developments of Hotaru and Buchou gradually, slowly, but at the same time in a way that definitely doesn't get you tired. Instead, she gives you the opportunity to see them "grow", in a coherent way that makes sense (countless the times, watching a drama or reading a manga, I found myself muttering "how could it have gone this way..."
And the drama, I must say, follows perfectly the example of the original version :wub:

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 19th, '10, 13:58

Yukinon wrote:I saw this drama 2 years ago. I remember I marathoned it in 2 days...
hehe. I am the opposite of you: I paused 2 weeks until continuing with episode 9, having only 1 more left.
since I love this show so much I want it to last as long as possible :-)

yes, Hotaru reminds me a lot of myself. only that she is so funny to look at.

Having paused for 2 weeks I noticed the difference to other funny shows: this is REALLY fun to watch, :wub: :D

great cast, buchou and himono onna.

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » Jan 19th, '10, 16:27

chan-san wrote:hehe. I am the opposite of you: I paused 2 weeks until continuing with episode 9, having only 1 more left.
since I love this show so much I want it to last as long as possible
Having paused for 2 weeks I noticed the difference to other funny shows: this is REALLY fun to watch
Well, reading/watching something in a short time allows to remember all the details from an episode to another, even the little ones. Time dims memories. And the story seems to me more beautiful, too.
Besides I've been watching dramas for a long time and I instantly recognize if the thing in front of me is a gem or the usual little story.

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Jan 21st, '10, 14:09

Yukinon wrote: Besides I've been watching dramas for a long time and I instantly recognize if the thing in front of me is a gem or the usual little story.
would you like to recommend some gems over there:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10409.htm?

not sure if you already postet your recommendations. it is hard to search members in the threads.

have a nice day!

canavial

Post by canavial » May 10th, '10, 01:33

Haruka Ayase returns in "Hotaru no Hikari" sequel.
The popular 2007 drama series "Hotaru no Hikari" is returning for a second season, it was learned on Sunday. Haruka Ayase (25) will once again play the starring role.

Originally based on a shojo manga by Satoru Hiura, the first series told the story of a young office lady named Hotaru, who has no interest in romance and instead prefers spending her time lazily at home. However, her life changes when circumstances lead her to live under the same roof as her boss. Although the first series focused on Hotaru's reawakening to love, "Hotaru no Hikari 2" will be more about her path towards possible marriage.

Naohito Fujiki (37) will also return for the new series. NTV plans to broadcast the show on Wednesdays at 10:00pm, starting in July.
Source: TOKYOGRAPH

Issy

Post by Issy » May 10th, '10, 01:50

wooow :salut:
thaks alot for comfirming this. so happy. can't wait till July :cheers:

anne_revenant

Post by anne_revenant » May 10th, '10, 02:28

canavial wrote:Haruka Ayase returns in "Hotaru no Hikari" sequel.
The popular 2007 drama series "Hotaru no Hikari" is returning for a second season, it was learned on Sunday. Haruka Ayase (25) will once again play the starring role.

Originally based on a shojo manga by Satoru Hiura, the first series told the story of a young office lady named Hotaru, who has no interest in romance and instead prefers spending her time lazily at home. However, her life changes when circumstances lead her to live under the same roof as her boss. Although the first series focused on Hotaru's reawakening to love, "Hotaru no Hikari 2" will be more about her path towards possible marriage.

Naohito Fujiki (37) will also return for the new series. NTV plans to broadcast the show on Wednesdays at 10:00pm, starting in July.
I was totally going to post this but got too busy at work. I'm so excited! I cannot wait! XD

nell123

Post by nell123 » May 10th, '10, 04:26

canavial wrote:Haruka Ayase returns in "Hotaru no Hikari" sequel.

YEEEEEEEES ! :cheers:

Thank you ! :salut: You just made my day. :D

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 10th, '10, 06:21

Takeda Shinji wa? Is he returning? Maybe not, he has a musical play in August T_T
They might have new supporting casts for the sequel.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 10th, '10, 09:09

yanie wrote:Takeda Shinji wa? Is he returning? Maybe not, he has a musical play in August T_T
They might have new supporting casts for the sequel.
i hope that they pick up the story from where they left. i want to see real development with hotaru and shachoo :mrgreen: relationship.
i think i am going to re-watch S1 just before this one goes on the air. i just LOOOOVE this drama :wub:

Yukinon

Post by Yukinon » May 10th, '10, 10:43

chan-san wrote: would you like to recommend some gems over there:
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10409.htm?

not sure if you already postet your recommendations. it is hard to search members in the threads.

have a nice day!
With a delay of "only" 4 months :lol I gladly will ^^
Mainly I watch k-dramas, so I will answer you on the General recommendations topic.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_10397.htm

Sorvaseven

[Discussion] Hotaru no Hikari 2 (Ayase Haruka)

Post by Sorvaseven » May 11th, '10, 13:44

A new drama with Ayase Haruka will begin to air in July 2010:

Hotaru no Hikari 2

Info taken from Tokyograph

The popular 2007 drama series "Hotaru no Hikari" is returning for a second season,
it was learned on Sunday. Haruka Ayase (25) will once again play the starring role.

Originally based on a shojo manga by Satoru Hiura, the first series told the story of a young office lady named Hotaru,
who has no interest in romance and instead prefers spending her time lazily at home.
However, her life changes when circumstances lead her to live under the same roof as her boss.
Although the first series focused on Hotaru's reawakening to love, "Hotaru no Hikari 2" will be more about
her path towards possible marriage.

Naohito Fujiki (37) will also return for the new series.
NTV plans to broadcast the show on Wednesdays at 10:00pm, starting in July.

Official Site
NTV
Last edited by Sorvaseven on May 11th, '10, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

Edohiguma

Post by Edohiguma » May 11th, '10, 14:06

Marriage? I so don't see that happening for Hotaru.

Still looking forward to it though. That means there will be at least two interesting shows in summer for me. This one and Shida Mirai's new one. Sweet!

Krabbi

Post by Krabbi » May 12th, '10, 05:53

I'm looking forward to the second season. :w00t: Got totally excited when I read the info 5 minutes ago, because it was and is one of my favorite doramas and I hope, that the second season will be as cute and funny.

plain_love

Post by plain_love » May 12th, '10, 07:06

waaaaa.. i really like Hotaru no Hikari, i hope it as good as the first season :D

jtan92

Post by jtan92 » May 12th, '10, 15:19

Do you where is the place to read Hotaru no Hikari RAW manga??? :-( I'm really curious to see the development of Hotaru and Buchou after Vol 7...

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » May 13th, '10, 11:17

a possible marriage between hotaru and her boss...? in real life their age gap is 12 years !

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » May 14th, '10, 00:52

:w00t:This was an enjoyable series. Will be interesting to see how far up the ladder she has climbed in the time span. Wonder if she will be neat and organized. :lol

Lady Zhuge

Post by Lady Zhuge » May 14th, '10, 01:42

Sorvaseven wrote:a possible marriage between hotaru and her boss...? in real life their age gap is 12 years !
There's nothing wrong with that! I hope Teshima isn't in the sequel - he was about as interesting as watching grass grow.

Sorvaseven

Post by Sorvaseven » May 14th, '10, 07:04

Lady Zhuge wrote: There's nothing wrong with that! I hope Teshima isn't in the sequel - he was about as interesting as watching grass grow.
Yeah, of course there is nothing wrong, but the imagination is some kind of interesting.
Partially ther way of life is very unequal in Hotari no Hikari, but i guess this might be their formula for success :lol Well, we have to wait and maybe the development of the wedding part is very different... I am looking forward to see (hopefully) another worth watching drama!

itsArtemis

Post by itsArtemis » May 17th, '10, 10:56

I can't wait for this sequel. This is one of my favorite jdramas ever. :wub: One of those few I actually can watch again. Loved the interaction between Ayase and Fujiki. I am so glad they both are coming back for season 2. It wouldn't be the same without them! :cheers:

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 17th, '10, 18:07

Wow this is one of my top 5 fav jdramas ever and it's getting a 2nd season! Luv it. If anyone here has read the shojo may probably fill us in on the story.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » May 18th, '10, 16:40

i just finished re-watching this drama for the second time 2 months ago.. and now.. there is season 2!
totally unexpected and surprising..

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 18th, '10, 19:54

I'm so looking forward to this one that I decided to watch season 1 again in preperation. So Season 2 is supposed to be about Hotarus path towards marriage? Please tell me it's the Marriage with Buchou, otherwise that wouldn't make any sense....are they still living in that house together? I really can't wait to see it. The chemistry between Haruka Ayase and Naohito Fujiki is just amazing and I look forward to romantic development between their characters! And honestly Hotaru is one of my favourite drama characters of all time. I love her laziness and her enjoyment of life at the porch with her beloved can-biiru!

kuroihikari

Post by kuroihikari » May 20th, '10, 08:57

Sorvaseven wrote:a possible marriage between hotaru and her boss...? in real life their age gap is 12 years !
It's rather common in Japan, though.

Takeuchi Yuko - Shido Nakamura - 8 years
Sakai Ayana - Tetsu - 16 years
Erika Sawajiri - Takashiro Tsuyoshi - 22 years

Makes you pity those poor ane-san.

Anyway, I wonder how much the mood of the series will change with Hotaru going steady. I hope the dynamic between them remains essentially the same.

Issy

Post by Issy » May 20th, '10, 09:04

they do make one hell of funny/interesting couple to be honest. they have opposite view about almost everything and not much in common. :P love to see how this pair going to work.
and i don\t see the importance of Teshima presence in the sequel.

kuroihikari

Post by kuroihikari » May 20th, '10, 09:11

Issy wrote:they do make one hell of funny/interesting couple to be honest. they have opposite view about almost everything and not much in common. :P love to see how this pair going to work.
and i don\t see the importance of Teshima presence in the sequel.
Yeah, I don't see why Teshima should be there, too. He was awful in the first season, too, IMHO.

I find the pairing in Hotaru no Hikari and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko to be quite similar, TBH. It's like simultaneously accepting the other person's faults and yet also changing them for the better at the same time.

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » May 20th, '10, 19:22

kuroihikari wrote:
Issy wrote:I find the pairing in Hotaru no Hikari andto be quite similar, TBH. It's like simultaneously accepting the other person's faults and yet also changing them for the better at the same time.
Interesting...I wouldn't have thought that but yeah, it is similar in that aspect. LOL In Kekkon Dekinai Otoko they brought out more of the frustration shared by his female counter parts. Might have to re-watch both these series as a refresher. Really liked Abe in that and his unbending stance was hilarious...he fit that character.

Ayase did Amemiya's character well, the opening scene where the co-workers in the bar are all talking about that type was :rofl:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 24th, '10, 00:22

Additional casts has been announced!

Mukai Osamu
Itaya Yuka
Yasuda Ken
Usuda Asami
Kimura Tae
Ishii Momoka (the child actress in MY GIRL)

source: http://www.ntv.co.jp/himono2/

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » May 24th, '10, 07:45

Mukai Osamu? As another potential love interest? Nooo...I want Hotaru & Bucho as a main paring. *sniff*

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » May 24th, '10, 08:10

Possible. But it is actually Kimura Tae's character that is described as someone who is mysteriously seem close with Bucho :roll

anotherfan

Post by anotherfan » May 24th, '10, 18:57

I am also looking forward to this. I've had a lackluster time with jdramas in the last 5 years, but the first one, I did really love. Am glad the homeland audience also did since they are bringing back Season 2. I just thought that the 2 main characters were so cute together.

mat_albab89

Post by mat_albab89 » Jun 22nd, '10, 07:56

Hotaru No Hikaru 2 returns again with Amemiya Hotaru been considering to marriage..So how will she react and she get married..lol?.I highly anticipate for this drama coz i already watch season 1..How about u?

Hotaru no Hikari Season 2
Date: From 10.00 p.m., Wednesdays, July 2010
Station: NTV
Cast: Ayase Haruka, Kimura Tae, Mukai Osamu, Usuda Asami, Itaya Yuka, Naohito Fujiki
Synopsis: Amemiya Hotaru (Ayase Haruka), the jersey-wearing ‘dried up female’ who professed a preference “for sleeping at home over dating”, and enjoys an idle life, lying around and drinking beer, is finally considering marriage … What is marriage to her? And can she get married?

http://www.jpopfun.com/2010/05/drama-hotaru-no-hikari/

new updates!

Yesterday was the press conference for NTV’s upcoming summer dorama “Hotaru no Hikari 2? starring Ayase Haruka (25) and many reporters were curious to get a response from Ayase about her alleged relationship with actor Osawa Takao (42). Unsurprisingly she clearly denied the rumors. “There is nothing like that going on (between us),” she said.

read more...

http://www.jpopfun.com/2010/06/update-h ... onference/

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 22nd, '10, 08:46

:cheers: July 7th. not long left to wait. i really can't wait for new season 8)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 22nd, '10, 09:57

Me too, I'm sooo looking forward to the sequel. Had already given up on it after waiting for 3 years :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

LOL and she's wearing a strange wedding dress with a jersey jacket :lol :w00t: :lol

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 27th, '10, 11:51

The skirt of the dress is also made out of jerseys. Haha.

But that picture makes me not so happy. Cause it seems that both Mukai Osamus character and Bucho are possible marriage candidates. I don't want them (Hotaru and Bucho) to get together in the last episode only. Meh....

Also seems like some of the cast was replaced. Unfortunately Kuninaka Ryoko is not involved anymore. :(

Issy

Post by Issy » Jun 27th, '10, 13:50

MaiKitty wrote:The skirt of the dress is also made out of jerseys. Haha.

But that picture makes me not so happy. Cause it seems that both Mukai Osamus character and Bucho are possible marriage candidates. I don't want them (Hotaru and Bucho) to get together in the last episode only. Meh....

Also seems like some of the cast was replaced. Unfortunately Kuninaka Ryoko is not involved anymore. :(
yes. i was going to write the samething. i hope that is not a copy of season 1 just with different love interest. we have already dealt with that in S1. i like to see how their relationship developes through out the series. but i guess they need some storylines to keeps us guessing. :x

MaiKitty

Post by MaiKitty » Jun 28th, '10, 08:20

Issy wrote:
MaiKitty wrote:The skirt of the dress is also made out of jerseys. Haha.

yes. i was going to write the samething. i hope that is not a copy of season 1 just with different love interest. we have already dealt with that in S1. i like to see how their relationship developes through out the series. but i guess they need some storylines to keeps us guessing. :x
I don't want guessing, I want Hotaru and Bucho tackle a relationship. Did we really wait for 3 years to see Hotaru fall in love with some other guy again? I'm sure I didn't and I will be disappointed if they will only get together in the end. (I'm not doubting it'll end with Hotaru and Bucho as a couple, the question is only, when will it happen?)

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Jun 28th, '10, 09:26

Me too. Worst case scenario is: Hotaru's going to marry the other guy and only realizes on her wedding day that buchou is the one for her. I'd like to see H&B develop their relationship and hopefully they'll get into loads of fights. I love the first season cause of the comedy not for the love story.

Let's hope they won't screw this up like they did with sunao and tsuki no koibito.