[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 18th, '08, 05:20

lzydata wrote:Yeah I have the raw now. Just to touch up on what I said before:
Oh bmwracer, these were the key terms flashed when Ruka was looking at the website. I missed the fourth one in my last post.

Jyunshin Medical University Hospital Urology Department
Details of the operation
Getting a second opinion
Gynecologist
So ka...

Wow. :sweat:
And I forgot about Michiru thwarting her evil senpai's heel attack. Maybe there's some hope for her after all.
LOL, let's not get too enthusiastic yet... :D

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 18th, '08, 05:21

bmwracer wrote:
scherzando wrote:Hands down to Juri.. Man this girl is awesome!
That, she is. :thumleft: :wub:
Totally agree. XD

belleza

Post by belleza » Apr 18th, '08, 06:51

@zeiroc,
Are you also a fan or Inoue Mao too? I admire...love watching Juri and Mao doing what they do best, which is what they do and not about flaunting an idol image. [/QU)OTE]

In fact, I put a very glowing review of Hanaikusa over in the Inoue Mao section. The individual performances in the movie are so good that you can watch the whole thing (on Veoh!) without understanding the language (though it helps if you've already seen Memoirs of a Geisha.) It's beautiful to look at; it has visceral energy and even some erotic sensuality in places. The acting of all the principals is the opposite of Memoirs -- alive, disciplined, casual, bullish. Mao's own performance has presence, personal transformation, and sensuality. You don't need subs to enjoy Hanaikusa.
I can totally see that...guess I've been watching too many Kdramas lately and got blindsided by it's drama formula when watching this J-drama.
Yeah, I have a switch that I flip between the two. I value acting and chemistry much more in K-drama, and a well-written storyline and thought out themes in J-drama. Like when I was yapping about Coffee Prince, I would just go on and on about YEH's body language and the delicate "post-adolescent" territory Gong Yoo was treading in his character's attitudes toward and feelings for her. The details of the story itself didn't matter that much to me, and it didn't bother me that the denoument occured 2-3 episodes before the show actually finished. But THIS show I'm more invested in how each character fits into the bigger puzzle, and interpreting how the plot exposes each character. So I tend to treat J-drama as macro, and K-drama as micro, and enjoying both basically is about "chunking" up or down.

sleepyzzz

Episode 1

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 18th, '08, 16:14

These discussions are great particularly for a topical drama like this!! Thanks to suketeru I was able to watch episode 1!!! A BIG THANK YOU!

I feel at home here as everyone sounds as excited as me about this drama!!

belleza's comments were like WOW?! hahaha All that camera angle stuff? I was like - "ok, I need to re-watch it now" - not that I wasn't planning to! hahaha

Anyway, like all you said, pace is probably a little bit quick but it's still ok.
That kiss was a big WOW factor though!!! What next?
I love the way they show the perspectives from the different characters! I'm thinking of the scene when they first meet! Juri is a brilliant actress! Who would have thought she could be Ruka if you had seen her as Nodame? I like Ruka's character - cos she has strength and holds onto her own thoughts - "This is the way I am. If you don't like it then *shrug*"

All in all, episode 1 is pretty cryptic - still a lot of secrets to unfold. I'm a bit confused by episode 1. So is the pregnancy AFTER the current story? Or is it from the past? Initially I assumed it was BEFORE the current story but then I'm probably wrong. Another reason to re-watch it.

Hope it all goes well and ratings continue to rise!!! GO JURI!! Oh and I love Eita!!! So yasashii!!! *sigh*

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 18th, '08, 16:19

Oh! I'm also glad that I'm not the only person that thinks Ryo's walking is strange?!?!?! It's been on my mind for a while but I didn't really pick it up until someone said "struts down the street like he's a runway model"!!!

BINGO!! That's it!!! Sorry for the Ryo fans but he really needs to get rid of that walking style!?!?!?

Anastacia

Post by Anastacia » Apr 18th, '08, 18:58

sleepyzzz wrote:Oh! I'm also glad that I'm not the only person that thinks Ryo's walking is strange?!?!?! It's been on my mind for a while but I didn't really pick it up until someone said "struts down the street like he's a runway model"!!!

BINGO!! That's it!!! Sorry for the Ryo fans but he really needs to get rid of that walking style!?!?!?
Yup! Just like Matsumoto. He's even worse! Gosh, it's time they began to teach some of those in JE to walk normal too!

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 19th, '08, 05:07

LOL. Ryo's strut is becoming the new hot topic :P
sleepyzzz wrote:That kiss was a big WOW factor though!!! What next?
Definitely, yeah. I love that scene! :wub: It totally added a big twist.

Can't wait for the third ep! Seems like there'll be a new character (The girl on the phone, facing the window).. Could it be Shirahata Yuuko whose call Eita ignored? Hmm..
@sleepyzzz
So is the pregnancy AFTER the current story? Or is it from the past?
I think it's after the current story.. because she was holding a picture of her and the others in front of the share house.. (with Eri and Ogura and Takeru)
Now that Kioku's version is up, hope more ppl will see this show..

I just cannot stop saying how much I love Prisoner of Love and how the song just suits the dorama so well.
Last edited by scherzando on Apr 19th, '08, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Apr 19th, '08, 05:07

For those of you who watched episode 2 and want to understand the dialogue...I found this, well some of you probably already know about it:
http://jdrama.cc/node/11#comment-10

I think this blog belongs to a d-addict user and subber sianut

This is awesome! And thank you soo much for your hard work.

But, I think I will wait until the subs come out to enjoy both dialogue and picture.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 19th, '08, 05:17

I considered doing rough softsubs for this series... But since Kioku's doing it... *shrug*

Anyway..

WHAT A GREAT SHOW! I was totally hooked right after I saw the opening sequence. What an awesomely cool opening sequence and the song is totally suitable too!
What I find interesting is (and someone has said this before..) that the show is bright and happy, but the themes presented are anything but; and the contrast between the opening sequence and the cinematography of the show is pretty interesting as well.

The cast is brilliant. I was so excited. At first I couldn't even recognize Ueno Juri with her new hair until the credits in the opening sequence. She looks kick-ass (which she did in episode one to my amazement)!!! Her attitude towards this role is completely 180 degress different from Nodame.. It's amazing. She's awesome!!!

Looking forward to the 2nd episode, which I am downloading right now ^^;;.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 19th, '08, 05:47

<3s-tei. wrote:I considered doing rough softsubs for this series...
Don't know how others feel about it, but I'd rather have softsubs over the hardsubs...

If anyone else feels this way, speak up... :thumright:

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Apr 19th, '08, 05:48

Wow! I finally got a chance to see the first episode. I knew this was going to be good, but I had no idea it was going to be THIS good! I was hooked after the first scene and then definately after finding out Hikki's Prisoner of Love was the opener and then even more after realizing...
that there are gay characters in a serious story line...amazing because I don't recall watching or hearing of many doramas in the past that have done this. It's such an amazing storyline! I was amazed by the irony of the first episode with Sousuke being a child services person and then beating up Michiru. I can relate to Ruka so much...running to the side of Michiru when she was in trouble...but really, I was so shocked that Michiru was beaten up (jaws to the ground and everything)...and the last kiss...I love this series!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 19th, '08, 06:15

Tomi wrote:
that there are gay characters in a serious story line...amazing because I don't recall watching or hearing of many doramas in the past that have done this.
Yeah, props to FujiTV for taking on a subject so seriously: most of the time gays are portrayed a weird/odd/etc. (Masumi from Nodame comes to mind)... Let's hope they continue to treat the subject matter with the dignity it deserves... :)
And as far as Juri-chan is concerned... She's the best. :thumleft: :wub:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Apr 19th, '08, 06:23

I haven't been into a drama, let alone a Jdorama, for awhile now. But damn, I'm glad that I randomly decided to check out 'Last Friends'. I can't wait till subs for Episode 2 come out!

Ruka is adorable<3 :D

swtaznangel530

Post by swtaznangel530 » Apr 19th, '08, 07:17

I really enjoyed the first episode but I am disappointed at how weak Michiru is. I think it's because she seemed so naive. I really enjoy Ruka's character! She is awesome!

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 19th, '08, 07:28

Wohoo~ I've seen the 2nd episode last night. Gotta say I love this one too. Ruka steals the final scene away again. ^^
I wonder how Sosuke knows that Michiru was at the hospital. She did tell him that she was going to the race and promised to be home by 3pm since the race ends at 2pm. But she was pretty shock when he showed up. This episode certainly showcase how obsessed Sosuke can be. He even went to look for the high school album himself... And crossing out Ruka's name even when he saw that it's a girl? '__' ;;

The final scene, great job Ruka! "Don't touch my Michiru!!" Gyah~ Almost made me swoon there. Haha. But uh,oh, Sosuke is getting even more suspicious from what we see in the preview...And will Michiru know about Ruka's feelings now? I doubt it. The main character is always oblivious to stuff that other people can clearly see. Speaking of which, Eita's character, Kakeru is great. So supportive of Ruka. He's probably the one who will 'see' everything (and judging from the promo shoot where he's the only one with his eyes open).
About Ruka's secret...
It'd be interesting if the issue turns out to be transgender issue to add to the 'I'm gay for my best friend' thing going on now. It's probably why they got the shoujo-ai stuff out in the open so fast. The real secret might be even more shocking than what we already know...Ueno Juri got the juiciest role here alright. 8)

Btw, did Kioku's version translate the Prisoner of Love song? I thought playing the song during the scene of Ruka running towards Michiru was perfect. The lyrics practically narrates the scene and what Ruka is feeling at the moment. Gotta say again how much I love the song. Every time I play it, pretty scene will pop out in my head too. Heheh. =3

swtaznangel530

Post by swtaznangel530 » Apr 19th, '08, 07:36

In the beginning of episode one, Michiru made it sound like Ruka was dead..I wonder..maybe Ruka killed Michiru's boyfriend and was put in prison because she wanted to protect Michiru??
EDIT: This is just a possible reason that I thought that could happen for the people that thought she died. But I personally, don't think she did.
Last edited by swtaznangel530 on Apr 19th, '08, 08:34, edited 2 times in total.

roon

Post by roon » Apr 19th, '08, 08:07

bmwracer wrote:
<3s-tei. wrote:I considered doing rough softsubs for this series...
Don't know how others feel about it, but I'd rather have softsubs over the hardsubs...

If anyone else feels this way, speak up... :thumright:
*speaks up*

This drama is so amazing! I already read the premise for it but I didn't expect such high quality. I'm glad I tuned in, but the next 9 weeks or so are going to be such a bumpy ride.

Ruka is definitely the show stealer <3 :wub:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 19th, '08, 08:14

Five reasons why Ruka is NOT the one who dies...These are ONLY from what I observed during the first 4 minutes of Episode 1:
1) Michiru starts with asking how Ruka's doing.
2) This is the 2nd time I'VE disappeared from your sight(anata no me no mae kara). Right, not the other way around. "The 2nd time is now."
3) "We won't be able to meet again, will we, Ruka? But it can't be helped. Because I betrayed you." If she's dead, the problem would be bigger than because she betrayed her...it will be "Because you're no longer in this world..." or perhaps "Because you're in prison"(which I don't think so either).
4) "How's the sky over there?" Would be a weird thing to ask someone who is dead but if you think that Michiru is writing metaphorically to a dead person...it will be insensitive of her to assume that there is a sky 'over there'. Lol.
5) I've said this before. Michiru has been talking/writing to Ruka the whole time. She used "that death" instead of "your death" when talking about the incident. They purposely focus on Ruka in the picture at that moment to make us think that Ruka could be the one that died. So don't be fooled...
The final obvious reason is because they can't let Ueno Juri's character die. They just can't. >_<

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Apr 19th, '08, 08:44

I haven't watched a single second of this drama yet and someone's already bound to die?! :glare:

Kookiemonstar

Post by Kookiemonstar » Apr 19th, '08, 09:13

I started watching this drama. It's interesting but kind of scary for me! The actors and actresses are really good. I wander what happened at the end of episode 1. Big shock :goggle:

rlia

Post by rlia » Apr 19th, '08, 09:17

hello...i'm new in here...
i haven't watched it yet...but this drama sounds good...from the opinions in here and the ratings...
at first, i want to watch this drama ONLY because RYOCHAN is in here...(hoho...)
but then, my attention became bigger after reading SPOILERs and opinions about this drama....
now the hardsubbed are out by KIOKU...i definitely will donwload it...

i know that many people watch it, and only a little that is ryo's fans...
but still i just can't stand if anybody, in this case bmwracer called ryo a WANNABE....??? i think i can categorize this opinion as bashing...
i mean OK if you don't like JE boys, but you can't judge him as a wannabe...i wonder how many dramas he acted that you watched...if only this 2 episodes of this drama and you can judge him a wannabe...well it is harsh...
i know that many people praised his acting in ichi rittoru namida...
and many people hate his DV character in here...and for me, that means he can play this role quite good...
about his walking, yea, i know that it is bad, and he always walks like that...if he just can't change his walking when acting, that doesn't mean that he can not act

i'm sorry i'm a newbie, and i say things like this, but i just can't stand if someone bashing my ryochan...

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 19th, '08, 09:39

atskv9 wrote:I haven't watched a single second of this drama yet and someone's already bound to die?! :glare:
What are you waiting for? Go watch! About character death, we were as surprised as you did since the show starts with the present before flashing back to the past where the series basically takes place. So ain't exactly a spoiler there but it is kinda sad.

rlia: Yeah, I think his performance is pretty great so far. I'm not exactly a fan but I like seeing how volatile and scary he can be without trying to overdo it. People have nothing to pick on but his walking style so don't worry too much about it yeah? ^^

Kookiemonstar

Post by Kookiemonstar » Apr 19th, '08, 10:17

Ya Ryo is a good actor! I didn't really notice his walking.. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to him lol.
I finished the 2nd episode and the last part was freaky when he came into the hospital room! I can't wait to the next episode!

fleng

Post by fleng » Apr 19th, '08, 11:32

Is Nodame gonna GYABON drop kick Sosuke anytime soon??!!!??

This drama is kinda depressing to me :(

sleepyzzz

Episode 1 & 2

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 19th, '08, 13:35

Finally after re-watching episode 1 many times, I finally picked up on the 'death' and 'betrayal' issue...

My thoughts...

I don't think Ruka is the one that's going to die. She seriously just can't. It is more likely that it will be Sousuke or Takeru. I'm thinking it's going to be Takeru only because I reckon Souseke won't be playing a huge part in the drama. I'm expecting him to disappear by episode 3 or 4. Honestly, Michiru won't stay around someone that hits her, right?

On the betrayal point, I think the 'betrayal' is where Michiru falls for Takeru - if you go to the Fuji TV website, there is a heart pointing from Michiru to Takeru - (DAMN)! NO!!! I want either a Michiru x Ruka ending or Ruka x Takeru!!

Btw, I'm going to try and review every episode on my blog~ Feel free to visit and comment!

http://yasashii-sekai.blogspot.com/

minifussy

Post by minifussy » Apr 19th, '08, 13:42

well....episode 1..... bit violent ne? - good acting though.

talongero

Re: Episode 1 & 2

Post by talongero » Apr 19th, '08, 14:36

sleepyzzz wrote:I don't think Ruka is the one that's going to die. She seriously just can't. It is more likely that it will be Sousuke or Takeru. I'm thinking it's going to be Takeru only because I reckon Souseke won't be playing a huge part in the drama. I'm expecting him to disappear by episode 3 or 4. Honestly, Michiru won't stay around someone that hits her, right?

On the betrayal point, I think the 'betrayal' is where Michiru falls for Takeru - if you go to the Fuji TV website, there is a heart pointing from Michiru to Takeru - (DAMN)! NO!!! I want either a Michiru x Ruka ending or Ruka x Takeru!!
yeah youre right and i also saw the correlation chart. and i think the guy who fell inlove with eri is a possible dead person too hehe im not sure but thats my opinion. all the guys in this drama are possible candidates in that dead-person.

well my comments on ep 2... quite disturbing especially in the part where michiru cutting souske's hair lol i yelled at the monitor hahah. and as disturbing as that i find that injured Ruka was so damn cute~~~~ XD haha and esp when takeru offered a piggy back ride to the toilet! XD the best part! haha! and last for the weird walking of Ryo i really dont notice it and for being a wannabe, he can act but the problem is i dont understand what he is saying coz im always watching the raw first before with softsubs when i rewatch i can say that he can play his character and he is creepy! haha sorry for the long comments! thanks for the one who upload this! another good episode! love last friends! XD

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Apr 19th, '08, 16:11

untitledmelody wrote:
On Ryo's walking: LOL Yes I also noticed his model-ish gait in ep2... Not so much ep1 though. And yes in the 1 Litre of Tears SP, it was really obvious because he was filmed walking along outside the hospital building. Yeah JE boys were trained to walk that way, you seen the same thing in MatsuJun's walking and also YamaPi's (though his is considerably less obvious).
bmwracer: Whoaaa Isn't calling Ryo a wannabe kinda taking it a bit too far? Though I'm his fan so I might be biased (haha)... Still, he's doing a good job as Sousuke. My take is he's just conditioned to walk like that and it's hard to break such habits. It takes more effort, so maybe it'll be better as the drama progresses.
I can not agree with that. Hard to break habits? It just means he is not as good of an actor yet. Juri-chan is playing a gender confused woman, and doing it very well. I have never seen juri in this type of role, so she has but away her own quirks, to develop ruka's quirks. Ryo has not done the same, he is playing sosuke as ryo, not just playing sosuke for sosuke.

As far as soft subs go... I already watch the raws, softsubs would be so much easier (for both parties). I vote for softsubs.

Why in the world is this drama focusing on michiru and sosuke so flippin much!? I think eita and juri's characters are much more interesting, and they are just supporting right now. To be honest, my opinion of masami-chan's acting is going down... I really liked her in crying out love... What happened? But her character is interesting, it seems she unites everyone in the story together.

sosuke's evil
But isn't sosuke the sob this time, He called the apartment owner and told the, he needed to inspect the house (for job reasons), then took her album WTF. So he knew of ruka before the beating? I think he is so cruel, but I want to see him more and more (but not more than juri and eita...
juri and eita theory
Well I still think that juri will fall in love with eita, he kinda admitted to liking her, lol. So me and my girlfriend came to the conclusion that eita was abused (sexually) as a child, that is why he does not like women now. But he might be breaking that for dear juri-chan. And why was he so uncomfortable at the sex scene? The camera only looked at the man... is it telling us something?

FlyingCrispi

Post by FlyingCrispi » Apr 19th, '08, 16:15

I saw episode 1 yesterday, and I was really shocked that Sosouke went from a very nice person (offering gifts, asking her to move in, waiting for her...) to a wife beater. I mean, there was so much violence in his actions, how did it happen? How can he just be mean and supicious like that?
I knew he was gonna be the bad guy, but the transition was brutal ! One minute he's nice, the other he's violent and angry... Shouldn't there be some kind of crescendo?

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Apr 19th, '08, 16:47

FlyingCrispi wrote:I saw episode 1 yesterday, and I was really shocked that Sosouke went from a very nice person (offering gifts, asking her to move in, waiting for her...) to a wife beater. I mean, there was so much violence in his actions, how did it happen? How can he just be mean and supicious like that?
I knew he was gonna be the bad guy, but the transition was brutal ! One minute he's nice, the other he's violent and angry... Shouldn't there be some kind of crescendo?
He did not change, in ep.2 he replaces the lamp he breaks, he cooks dinner, he is a nice guy, but has a short fuse, plus I think he likes controlling her. And I would believe that wife beaters are very similar in rea life. They beat their wives then they hug them, it is so confusing.

ash_ton

Post by ash_ton » Apr 19th, '08, 19:16

Just finished Ep1 now (thanks to Kioku). 1st episode has been great. Some things came to my notice
1) That guy(Sousuke) hitting Michiru (when I saw it i thought, wtf, how can he hit a lady?? :x)
2) Eri saying 'namaste' to welcome everyone :D
and obviously the last scene from the episode. Really nice start to the series, waiting for the 2nd episode to be subbed. :-)

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Apr 19th, '08, 20:14

Okay, I've re-watched episode 1 with Kioku's Subs. Awesome job!! And I gotta say...watching it again totally gives you a different perspective. And I have to admit this is one well written and one craftly built episode.

So here goes my analysis:
1. Besides the red thread playing a significance to how the characters are all intertwined with each other....it's the cups. Yes, that's right the cups play an important motif to this whole drama.

First off in the timing 2:23 Michiru puts down a red/white cup with the design of a house. This one is apparently not the one that Sousuke gave her (the red/white cup with a thread). Then fast forward (or backward according to the story's time) Ruka purchases a blue/white cup with the decorations of a house (the one that appears in 2:23).

Based on this observation from what I can Michiru doesn't end up with Ruka (duh!) or could she? (dun dun dun), but based on everyone's theory she somehow ends up with Takeru. Reason...or theory being...Remember in the bar, Ruka doesn't take back the cup she bought, which he fixed. Instead she shoves it back at him to keep it. Well, based on that Takeru ends up cherishing the cup (because it was "given" to him by Ruka) and Michiru ends up loving Takeru and either receives or buys her own female gendered cup that Takeru has, which is the blue one...but technically belongs to Ruka. So in a nutshell, Michiru is "partnered" with Takeru and Ruka...Phew! there goes my film observation in action! Hope I didn't sound too confusing.

*EDIT* Actually Ruka purchases a purple cup instead of the red or the blue one....*gasp* which means she isn't enforcing herself on either gender color...but the purple does have a bluish tint to it and now it belong to Takeru...sooo...I still stand by my theory :-).

2. In some really early early post about the "mess" up with the blanket scene of how it went from pink to blue. Well, that was no error there. In fact, in the scene of Michuru's perspective, she folds the blue then works on the pink, in which Ruka calls her out. Now later, from Ruka's perspective the close up shot of Michiru folding the blue blanket is when she first sees her, which means she is still very distant from Michiru. But as she finally approaches Michiru, Michiru is already working on the pink blanket. Talk about an intricate way of telling and timing the story within this first episode.
This show is totally using the gender oriented colors that our society has established to either blur or enforce these gender roles.

Gosh, this drama is so good. It lingers even after it premiered 2 weeks ago.
Last edited by zeiroc on Apr 19th, '08, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.

swtaznangel530

Post by swtaznangel530 » Apr 19th, '08, 20:34

zeiroc wrote:Okay, I've re-watched episode 1 with Kioku's Subs. Awesome job!! And I gotta say...watching it again totally gives you a different perspective. And I have to admit this is one well written and one craftly built episode.

1. Besides the red thread playing a significance to how the characters are all intertwined with each other....it's the cups. Yes, that's right the cups play an important motif to this whole drama.

First off in the timing 2:23 Michiru puts down a red/white cup with the design of a house. This one is apparently not the one that Sousuke gave her (the red/white cup with a thread). Then fast forward (or backward according to the story's time) Ruka purchases a blue/white cup with the decorations of a house (the one that appears in 2:23).

Based on this observation from what I can Michiru doesn't end up with Ruka (duh!) or could she? (dun dun dun), but based on everyone's theory she somehow ends up with Takeru. Reason...or theory being...Remember in the bar, Ruka doesn't take back the cup she bought, which he fixed. Instead she shoves it back at him to keep it. Well, based on that Takeru ends up cherishing the cup (because it was "given" to him by Ruka) and Michiru ends up loving Takeru and either receives or buys her own female gendered cup that Takeru has, which is the blue one...but technically belongs to Ruka. So in a nutshell is "partnered" with Takeru and Ruka...Phew! there goes my film observation in action! Hope I didn't sound too confusing.

2. In some really early early post about the "mess" up with the blanket scene of how it went from pink to blue. Well, that was no error there. In fact, in the scene of Michuru's perspective, she folds the blue then works on the pink, in which Ruka calls her out. Now later, from Ruka's perspective the close up shot of Michiru folding the blue blanket is when she first sees her, which means she is still very distant from Michiru. But as she finally approaches Michiru, Michiru is already working on the pink blanket. Talk about an intricate way of telling and timing the story within this first episode.
This show is totally using the gender oriented colors that our society has established to either blur or enforce these gender roles.

I really like your analysis.
I thought the cup might have some significance but I wasn't sure what it was. =D

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 19th, '08, 21:09

I just saw the first episode today. I thought it was really interesting and a nice change to those idol dramas I usually watch. :)

I especially liked Eita and his superb hair! :heart:
Anyway, I've always liked that American series, the L-word, for portraying sexuality and sexual orientation in a realistic way. I especially liked the relationship between a gay guy and a lesbian that had always felt like she was a man. It just shows how sexuality isn't such a simple thing and that you can fall in love with anyone if you just meet the right person, regardless of your orientation.
That said, I'm probably expecting too much of this drama, but I'm really interented in seeing what becomes of a relationship of a girlish guy and a guyish girl.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 19th, '08, 21:46

zeiroc wrote:Okay, I've re-watched episode 1 with Kioku's Subs. Awesome job!! And I gotta say...watching it again totally gives you a different perspective. And I have to admit this is one well written and one craftly built episode.

Based on this observation from what I can Michiru doesn't end up with Ruka (duh!) or could she? (dun dun dun), but based on everyone's theory she somehow ends up with Takeru. Reason...or theory being...Remember in the bar, Ruka doesn't take back the cup she bought, which he fixed. Instead she shoves it back at him to keep it. Well, based on that Takeru ends up cherishing the cup (because it was "given" to him by Ruka) and Michiru ends up loving Takeru and either receives or buys her own female gendered cup that Takeru has, which is the blue one...but technically belongs to Ruka. So in a nutshell is "partnered" with Takeru and Ruka...Phew! there goes my film observation in action! Hope I didn't sound too confusing.

I noticed the cups too. They have just recently gone on sale. You can visit the official website to find out more about it. Haha, smart advertising tactics while giving small hidden meanings to the show. It's an interesting contrast that these gender oriented colours provide with the blurred gender roles in the show portrayed by Ruka and Takeru. Loved that they provided a Ruka POV on her meeting with Michiru. Really gave a more intense and deeper perspective on that meeting.

Not a day passed without me thinking about the show. Talk about being obsessed...^^;

FlyingCrispi

Post by FlyingCrispi » Apr 20th, '08, 00:30

jigenbakuda wrote:
FlyingCrispi wrote:I saw episode 1 yesterday, and I was really shocked that Sosouke went from a very nice person (offering gifts, asking her to move in, waiting for her...) to a wife beater. I mean, there was so much violence in his actions, how did it happen? How can he just be mean and supicious like that?
He did not change, in ep.2 he replaces the lamp he breaks, he cooks dinner, he is a nice guy, but has a short fuse, plus I think he likes controlling her. And I would believe that wife beaters are very similar in rea life. They beat their wives then they hug them, it is so confusing.
Totally confusing. Thank you very much for answering.
I'm still shocked though. :glare:

roon

Post by roon » Apr 20th, '08, 00:53

^Yuuki wrote:Not a day passed without me thinking about the show. Talk about being obsessed...^^;
You're not the only one. It's really tough trying to focus on homework when I keep thinking about Last Friends. :lol

I'm wondering about the 好き correlation from Michiru to Takeru as well. I really like how different the themes in this show are, so I hope this doesn't turn into some really bizarre love triangle (no pun intended).

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 20th, '08, 02:42

sleepyzzz wrote:On the betrayal point, I think the 'betrayal' is where Michiru falls for Takeru - if you go to the Fuji TV website, there is a heart pointing from Michiru to Takeru - (DAMN)! NO!!! I want either a Michiru x Ruka ending or Ruka x Takeru!!
Agree! Please don't let it be Michiru x Takeru! >.<

@^Yuuki:
Ooh I love that eyes-open theory. Niiice.. *just realized about it* But judging from the two first eps, that seems to be true, ne? Takeru was certainly the first one to 'see' things. (Man I love Eita)

@zeiroc:
Interesting analysis! Talk about paying attention to the details.. :thumright: On a side note, I just loved the scene where Takeru looked at the displayed, chipped cup and smiled.

As for the death.. I don't think it'll be Takeru because on the first ep, there was also a voice over narration of Takeru, which was addressed to Ruka. About their fateful meeting.. *shrugs* Anyway, we could only wait and see, huh?

So obsessed with this series.. Come on ep.3!!

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Apr 20th, '08, 02:52

akak Not Ruka, Not Takeru, Not Eri (for me), then definitely the DV has to be gone!! don't tell me there's anyone wants to see him "alive" in the end ^^ well, I don't talk about fangirls here, of course.

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Apr 20th, '08, 04:46

Does anyone think the soundtrack to this drama is eerily similar to something Kajiura Yuki comes up with for Anime series? For example, the suspense-ful piece when Ruka was approaching Michiru...

By the way.. Errr.... What does namaste mean? hehe...

ieca

Post by ieca » Apr 20th, '08, 06:51

hi everyone!!! can i ask questions bcoz im not familiar w the system here.

where can i get wallpaper and where can i dl this drama, or watching streaming online w hardsubs. i dunno if this is against the rules cos i really dunno where to find the right place to ask.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 20th, '08, 07:04

Nomanymore wrote:akak Not Ruka, Not Takeru, Not Eri (for me), then definitely the DV has to be gone!! don't tell me there's anyone wants to see him "alive" in the end ^^ well, I don't talk about fangirls here, of course.
After what he did to Michiru, well, not me. If he starts laying hands on Ruka, I'll personally kill him myself. ^___^

where can i get wallpaper and where can i dl this drama, or watching streaming online w hardsubs. i dunno if this is against the rules cos i really dunno where to find the right place to ask.
Hi, Malaysian too eh? Wallpaper I'm not sure. The drama, you can download through BT since Kioku just released English subbed episode1 yesterday.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60485.htm
Some people have already uploaded it toVEOH so you can watch it there or download it through their program. ^^

ash_ton

Post by ash_ton » Apr 20th, '08, 07:28

<3s-tei. wrote: By the way.. Errr.... What does namaste mean? hehe...
namaste means hello in a way.. It's said when you meet people.. similar to konnichiwa in japanese.

ieca

Post by ieca » Apr 20th, '08, 07:34

^Yuuki wrote:
Nomanymore wrote:akak Not Ruka, Not Takeru, Not Eri (for me), then definitely the DV has to be gone!! don't tell me there's anyone wants to see him "alive" in the end ^^ well, I don't talk about fangirls here, of course.
After what he did to Michiru, well, not me. If he starts laying hands on Ruka, I'll personally kill him myself. ^___^

Hi, Malaysian too eh? Wallpaper I'm not sure. The drama, you can download through BT since Kioku just released English subbed episode1 yesterday.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60485.htm
Some people have already uploaded it toVEOH so you can watch it there or download it through their program. ^^
yuuki thank you very much. you dunno how much this mean to me. :D :-) :lol

trunkims
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by trunkims » Apr 20th, '08, 07:48

I just finished the first episode and... :O I didn't even really read what the story was about, I just knew that Masami was in it as the lead.

Ryo...what happened? First he's so sweet and he even works with child services. BUT when it comes to his girlfriend he's different. I'm very impressed with Ryo being this kind of character...especially after his role in 1 litre of tears...this is definetly a role I didn't think I'd see him play... :clap: :fight:

Ruka! Wow! just...wow...I'm speechless.... I saw it coming, but the end of the episode, I didn't expect that.... :O

Oh and Aki! Oh no, she's playing the role of the :cussing: oh no....that's not Yuki from HYD anymore lol bad Aki, bad! :x

The story is very interesting for it's first episode. :mrgreen:
Last edited by trunkims on Apr 20th, '08, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Apr 20th, '08, 08:25

I've just watched ep1 after contemplating it for a rather long time.
I thought it would be too much drama for me, but in the end my Nodame-luvelies and Ryo kind of won me over.

It scared me, but it's like a trainwreck - I don't think I can look away now O_O

jit3rbug

Post by jit3rbug » Apr 20th, '08, 08:39

Just finished watching the first episode myself (thanks Kioku!). Wow. This show has really lived up to my expectations. After all my anticipation it surely did not let me down at all. I loved every minute of it. Very intriguing story and kept me wanting more. I can't wait til the next release. Masami has really grown on me (never was a big fan before) and Ueno is awesome as always (NOdame!). Eita is very charming and Ryo is a big surprise with his role (O.o), but he plays it well. Asami is always a welcome addition. Whoever did the casting and penned the script :cheers:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Apr 20th, '08, 08:42

roon wrote:
^Yuuki wrote:
I'm wondering about the 好き correlation from Michiru to Takeru as well. I really like how different the themes in this show are, so I hope this doesn't turn into some really bizarre love triangle (no pun intended).
Wow, I can't believe that. It's actually completely bizarre to think of Michiru and Takeru being together. In fact, I'm pretty sure that Takeru was totally digging Ruka since scene 1! And just the idea of Michiru and Takeru together is difficult to conjure -- their personalities are completely different. What would they even see in each other? Hmmmm.....

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 20th, '08, 10:03

This whole waiting for episode 3 is killing me!!! (I can read Chinese so have watched ep 2 with chinese subs =P)

About Ruka's secret - aside from her feelings for Michiru, it's definitely medical related but I can't accept that its related to transgender issues! That's just too much! Although she is boy-ish an all, I don't think she hates being a girl and wants to be a guy, right??

This scriptwriter is seriously being very cryptic - I can't seem to put all the clues together to form a sensible story line!?!?! The clues/stories so far:
a) Ruka likes Michiru
b) Ruka seems to be suffering some medical problem - related to urology - maybe her she has issues with her kidneys....haha
c) Michiru liking Takeru (from character map) - I find this hard to picture as Takeru seems to be getting on very well with Ruka
d) Takeru showing interest in Ruka
e) Michiru pregnant??? So who's the father? Takeru has issues with sex so maybe it's Sousuke's...
f) Some death - Sousuke or Takeru? I don't think it's Ruka
g) Betrayal - I'm assuming this is referring to the pregnancy and whichever guy she hooked up with

I'm lost...

One other thing (sorry I am long-winded) - about the lyrics of Prisoner of Love - do you think it is from Ruka or Michiru's perspective? Initially I was thinking Michiru but now I'm thinking otherwise...

Salz

Post by Salz » Apr 20th, '08, 10:33

i dun want Takeru to die^^"

josean06

Post by josean06 » Apr 20th, '08, 11:54

This is my two cents on the current episodes. I was totally cringing everytime Sousuke came close to Michiru.. And I really would like to see everyone happy, but that's not going to be the case in this one (hence the name). Here's my review of each of the four of five main characters.

I think:
Ruka is the one that Michiru betrayed and maybe led to her death? (I know radical right?
But after looking through the first episode, the line "how's the sky where you're at Ruka?" And she keeps apologizing to her in every episode. How she never noticed that Ruka loved her and everything.Michiru and Sousuke might've gone back together and led Ruka to despair and hate Michiru. But she's the most developed character yet, yet we don't have much clues to the outcomes of her fate.

Sousuke might've been the one to die also just because it's implied through his character. His character is very contradictory. He's a Child Abuse counselor, yet he abuses his lovers. He's overly obsessed with his lovers, and is easily made jealous. It made me hate his character and wanted him to be the one to die. His background story is not mentioned really, just that he seems to care about the people who get abused, unless he's sleeping with them apparently.

Takeru's character hasn't really been built up yet. We already know that he's very different and scared of women. We know he's not gay through descriptions, and I think that's his mechanism to keep girls away (but it doesn't work sometimes). We know he likes Ruka, and for any of Michiru's words, the baby might be his, but then why would Michiru be alone (unless he still doesn't know)?

Eri we know is alone (implied), and seeks it through her loudness and semi-motherly qualities. We still do not know why she's like this and why people scoff at her at work. (Sh's just being polite jeez!). But hopefully we'll see her true colors. In Michiru's words, Eri does not seem to be related to them, unless, everyone turned on her and did something drastic to make her feel so alone that it led her to her death? But don't mind me about that one (predictions).

Michiru! Ah, the abused mother, and two timer. Just kidding ^_^ But most of my input on her character is up above. Why doesn't she learn from her mistakes? Or just leave Sousuke already? Well, I'm sure she does that since there are a bunch of pictures with the other characters in the share house. Dood, from the first beating I would've called the police and show them the bruises and everything! Alas, she's too scared to be alone also, and not have someone that doesn't love her. Her mom's a whore! I really don't like her, and thank goodness she came to her sense and moved in with everyone. Everything is revolving around her, so we know her back story and her personality.

Sorry if it's too long. And by the way, how would i hid my review? oh well just read it if u want, just don't get angry please.... :D

LoveWillB4U

Post by LoveWillB4U » Apr 20th, '08, 12:05

Just finished watching episode 1. The first part was kinda boring (story building is usually never that entertaining but necessary) but then the 2nd part totally changed everything. They threw in so many curve balls so early in the drama. I hope they can keep up the intensity of the drama till the end.
The part where Sousuke beats Michiru, that part was violent. If you watch it closely you can see him kick her and not just fake hitting her. I'm sure she had paddings and he didn't kick really hard but it looked real. Poor Michiru. I don't like Sousuke at all... typical "beat the person then play the nice loving person afterwards" type. Run now Michiru!!!

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Apr 20th, '08, 13:05

If it's possible, could you please use spoiler tags when you talk about the episodes, even if you're just speculating? I like to come and see what people are talking about this series but I don't want be spoiled, even accidentally. What would be even better, would be to use spoiler tags and clearly state what episode you're talking about so that people know if it's safe to see it or not. Just my humble request for all of you! :)

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Apr 20th, '08, 17:42

i pretty much like how in the opening theme a word appears next to each character. Does each word (Love, Liberation, Agony, Solitude, and Contradiction) represent each character respectively? Hmmmmmm...

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Apr 20th, '08, 19:18

crazy idea came up after watching ep 2:
it was hinted in the 2nd ep that Ruka has a urology problem - and it seems to be about her reproductive organs. at first i was thinking.. did she want to get a sex change? but lately i've come up with an even crazier idea... could it be that she has sex organ problems - ie she has male organs? hahaha.. in case she does, dang she could possibly be michiru's baby's father right?! :crazy: i hope it doesn't turn out that way or this will just be wayyy outta here but could be a possibility hehehe XD
ep 2 was a little less intense than the first ep, but i'm still excited to see the next one fast!!! :lol

bakababa

Post by bakababa » Apr 20th, '08, 20:34

LoveWillB4U wrote:Just finished watching episode 1. The first part was kinda boring (story building is usually never that entertaining but necessary) but then the 2nd part totally changed everything. They threw in so many curve balls so early in the drama. I hope they can keep up the intensity of the drama till the end.
The part where Sousuke beats Michiru, that part was violent. If you watch it closely you can see him kick her and not just fake hitting her. I'm sure she had paddings and he didn't kick really hard but it looked real. Poor Michiru. I don't like Sousuke at all... typical "beat the person then play the nice loving person afterwards" type. Run now Michiru!!!
Yes, that scene was sooooo REAL to me too. The acting was sooooo GOOD! :salut:

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » Apr 20th, '08, 20:36

OMG OMG OMG! I'm loving this drama. I want Ruka and Michiru to be together. :wub:

Any old school anime fans recognize that their names could've been inspired by the infamous couple Haruka and Michiru of Sailormoon? Ruka is eerily similar to Haruka in every way. :blink

I can't wait to find out what happens next, this is intense.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 20th, '08, 21:15

SSpiegel wrote:If it's possible, could you please use spoiler tags when you talk about the episodes, even if you're just speculating? I like to come and see what people are talking about this series but I don't want be spoiled, even accidentally. What would be even better, would be to use spoiler tags and clearly state what episode you're talking about so that people know if it's safe to see it or not. Just my humble request for all of you! :)
I agree... You guys need to use the spoiler tags..

Can a moderator take care of this?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 20th, '08, 21:22

^Yuuki wrote:Image
I just noticed that Eita is the only one with his eyes open in this pic... Is there any significance to that? :scratch:

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Apr 20th, '08, 23:22

Mee three! Please use the spoiler tag and specify which episode you're referring to.... :-(
I just noticed that Eita is the only one with his eyes open in this pic... Is there any significance to that? :scratch:
I think Takeru is the only one with his eyes open probably signifies him as the only one who sees or is watching the relationship between Ruka and Michiru, while everyone (Eri and Sousoke) is a little blindsided by it. Or it can also mean that he likes both of them...dun dun dun. I also noticed that in the poster Ruka and Michiru are the only ones tied/wrapped by the red string...Guess it's playing on that sailormoon pic uploaded a while ago. Yes, Ruka is also the one that is laying upside down...could represent her uniqueness or lack of conformity with everyone...aka the "black sheep."

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 20th, '08, 23:38

zeiroc wrote:Mee three! Please use the spoiler tag and specify which episode you're referring to.... :-(
I think Takeru is the only one with his eyes open probably signifies him as the only one who sees or is watching the relationship between Ruka and Michiru, while everyone (Eri and Sousoke) is a little blindsided by it. Or it can also mean that he likes both of them...dun dun dun. I also noticed that in the poster Ruka and Michiru are the only ones tied/wrapped by the red string...Guess it's playing on that sailormoon pic uploaded a while ago. Yes, Ruka is also the one that is laying upside down...could represent her uniqueness or lack of conformity with everyone...aka the "black sheep."
Good observations. :thumright:

Wonder if all of this symbolism is there for us to contemplate or is it just a red herring? :sweat:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Apr 21st, '08, 00:00

anyone know where i can get some cool last friends wallpaper for my desktop? :)

Illusion85

Post by Illusion85 » Apr 21st, '08, 06:06

zeiroc wrote: I also noticed that in the poster Ruka and Michiru are the only ones tied/wrapped by the red string...
I'm not sure, there seems to be two different versions on that pic. The promo pic for the show below has all the characters wrapped in the red thread.

Also, YES! I picked up the Haruka x Michiru (Sailor Moon) similarities the moment I saw the names and characters of Ruka and Michiru. ^^ It's soo cool~
Attachments
lf_thread.jpg
lf_thread.jpg (109.04 KiB) Viewed 3788 times

murdocknakashima

Post by murdocknakashima » Apr 21st, '08, 07:15

Only watched one episode so far, but it's pretty damn intense if you ask me. Anyways, just one comment so far ...
I found it thoroughly disappointing that the kiss between Ryo and Masami in this show had way more "heat" than th kiss that Yamapi had with Masami in the Proposal SP. She looked like she didn't even want the kiss in the Proposal SP, but she leans into this one. WWD?!

And while on the topic of kisses ... never would've believed that Ueno or Masami would agree to kissing. Is Japanese tv slowly turning into American tv?

rlia

Post by rlia » Apr 21st, '08, 12:39

moonchyld wrote:crazy idea came up after watching ep 2:
it was hinted in the 2nd ep that Ruka has a urology problem - and it seems to be about her reproductive organs. at first i was thinking.. did she want to get a sex change? but lately i've come up with an even crazier idea... could it be that she has sex organ problems - ie she has male organs? hahaha.. in case she does, dang she could possibly be michiru's baby's father right?! :crazy: i hope it doesn't turn out that way or this will just be wayyy outta here but could be a possibility hehehe XD
ep 2 was a little less intense than the first ep, but i'm still excited to see the next one fast!!! :lol
but i think it's impossible for ruka to be the father of the baby, because if she really do the surgery, the things that will change only his external genitalia, but the hormones will still be as female...she won't have sperms

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 21st, '08, 12:41

murdocknakashima wrote:Only watched one episode so far, but it's pretty damn intense if you ask me. Anyways, just one comment so far ...
I found it thoroughly disappointing that the kiss between Ryo and Masami in this show had way more "heat" than th kiss that Yamapi had with Masami in the Proposal SP. She looked like she didn't even want the kiss in the Proposal SP, but she leans into this one. WWD?!

And while on the topic of kisses ... never would've believed that Ueno or Masami would agree to kissing. Is Japanese tv slowly turning into American tv?
Don't know about you but I thought that kiss was a lot more meaningful and deep than most of the same sex kisses I've seen on 'American TV'. Those western series always hype things up if it involves stuff like that. That's why I like that they didn't use the shoujoai issue as a gimmick to promote Last Friends. There were some hints in the promo that was just enticing enough to make you wonder...but episode 1 totally caught everyone by surprised. It's great that they didn't make a big deal outta it beforehand like their western counterparts would have.

It's still a stolen kiss though... I'm hoping to see one where Masami isn't asleep but the chances of that...hmm, pretty low? Heheh.
I'm not sure, there seems to be two different versions on that pic. The promo pic for the show below has all the characters wrapped in the red thread.
The end product is the one with all the characters bounded in red string. The RukaXMichiru version is on the official website. Part of the opening flash video...

And Suketeru should be upping the 2nd ep softsub pretty soon. Go stalk her LJ. =3

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Apr 21st, '08, 13:17

@^Yuuki: Kyaa~ Love your signature image.. Yay Ruka! XD

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 21st, '08, 13:20

scherzando: Now check out the image I added under the spoiler tag~ ;)

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 21st, '08, 14:23

Wow - I agree with scherzando - that's a pretty cool signature! haha Who's the crazy one around here?!!?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 21st, '08, 14:53

A thought after watching episode 1:
I just realised, since Michiru is going to pregnant then isn't the ending screwed already? I mean, the best ending would be for Michiru and Ruka to be together but what then? Two ladies and a baby??! Nooo!!! It just doesn't quite sit right...Or maybe it's going to be 2 ladies, a guy (Takeru) and the baby? Well that sounds a bit better...but still a little odd...
what do you guys think?

jeanzaddict

Post by jeanzaddict » Apr 21st, '08, 15:54

last friends is soo good. i really like its opening and of course the story. it's still on my head right now :D. thx to kioku for subbing this drama.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 21st, '08, 18:08

In case people don't know - suketeru has posted up soft subs for episode 2!!! Go grab them NOW!!!! hahahaha

http://suketeru.livejournal.com/25582.h ... 90#t202990

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Apr 21st, '08, 18:10

sleepyzzz wrote:A thought after watching episode 1:
I just realised, since Michiru is going to pregnant then isn't the ending screwed already? I mean, the best ending would be for Michiru and Ruka to be together but what then? Two ladies and a baby??! Nooo!!! It just doesn't quite sit right...Or maybe it's going to be 2 ladies, a guy (Takeru) and the baby? Well that sounds a bit better...but still a little odd...
what do you guys think?
Lol. The baby can just call them Michiru Mama and Ruka Papa. When you add Sailor Pluto@Takeru to the mix, it'll be perfect. Ruka would still be the 'man' of the house though. Hahaha. :mrgreen:

Seriously, the novelist probably is a big Sailormoon fan. Btw, there's gonna be a manga version too apparently. =)

Yay for the subs. Those who can't wait for 5 more days should check it out then download Kioku's version too when it comes out. It's worth 2 watches at least. ;) I like that Kioku subs the Prisoner of Love song. Especially when Ruka starts running and the lyrics flows nicely with the scene. Sorta like a narration too.
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Apr 21st, '08, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Apr 21st, '08, 18:29

sleepyzzz wrote:In case people don't know - suketeru has posted up soft subs for episode 2!!! Go grab them NOW!!!! hahahaha

http://suketeru.livejournal.com/25582.h ... 90#t202990
Nice... I prefer the softsubs. :thumright:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Apr 21st, '08, 18:40

The soft subs are really good quality and there's nice styling in the ASS version - the only problem is timing seems to be out slightly when played against the 1280 x 720 version i.e. 20 minutes into it, it starts having this 1 or 2 second lag...anyone know of an easy way to fix? Thanks heaps Sorry if this is the wrong place to post such a query.