Recommend J-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
koyama22

Post by koyama22 » Apr 17th, '08, 03:41

Most of the medial drama's are pretty sad ~_~ although some do get overdramatic. 1 Litre of Tears if you want a good sad JDrama.

canon05

Post by canon05 » Apr 17th, '08, 04:28

Try Jyouu no kyoushitsu. Not exactly a tear jerker drama, but it made me cry and sad. :sweat:

Beautiful Life too.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Apr 17th, '08, 05:09

I agree with Kyosak, Sekachuu is soo sad T_T

SunStar

Recommendations for High School dramas

Post by SunStar » Apr 17th, '08, 05:46

my sister is currently in high school and she just finished watching Hana Yori Dango and is now 'HIGH SCHOOL' drama obsessed....

if members of d-addicts can recommend some great high school or college dramas, please post them here... cuz there's so many out there, i don't know which ones are actually good...

SHE'S INTO ROMANCE DRAMAS!!!

frashdi87

Post by frashdi87 » Apr 17th, '08, 06:16

High School Romance Drama...
hmmm...what about proposal daisakusen? but it is not mainly high school...just the first few episode is in high school..but still a romance drama...and honey & clover? university romance drama :P

hmm..other than that...i can't remember much..

koyama22

Post by koyama22 » Apr 17th, '08, 13:57

Nobuta wo Produce
Hana Kimi
Stand Up!!
Yamada Taro Monogatari

oh....and...My Boss My Hero!

Definately Nobuta wo Produce first.

EDIT: You said College drama's as well :whistling:

Orange Days - A definite must-watch.
Proposal Daisakusen
Nodame Cantabile - Music University drama

These are off the top of my head, which probably means they are the best.

I'd go with Nobuta wo Produce(High School) and Orange Days(University) as my favorites for these topics.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Apr 17th, '08, 14:11

Good high school jdramas:
1) Gokusen 1&2
2) Nobuta wo Produce
3) Hana Yori Dango 1&2
4) Hanazakari no Kimitachi e
5) Yamada Taro Monogatari
6) Life
7) My Boss My Hero
8) Water Boys 1&2
9) Dragon Zakura
10) Tantei Gakuen Q

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Apr 17th, '08, 14:19

Good college jdramas:
1) Nodame Cantabile
2) Orange Days
3) Honey & Clover

Forgot to add Yukan Club and Detective Conan to the list of good high school jdramas above.

niwa1985

Post by niwa1985 » Apr 17th, '08, 14:54

I would add 'Joou no Kyoushitsu' to that list. Its not romance, and it plays in a primary school, but its one of the best School Dorama, I have ever seen.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Apr 17th, '08, 17:11

Rajuuken wrote:If you're looking for a sad but beautiful drama like One Litre of Tears . "Ame to yume no ato ni" is a, not well known but, excellent drama
Now downloading Ame to yume no ato ni since i luved Ichi rittoru no namida. Mokomichi stars in it. Thx 4 the tip.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Apr 17th, '08, 17:59

niwa1985 wrote:I would add 'Joou no Kyoushitsu' to that list. Its not romance, and it plays in a primary school, but its one of the best School Dorama, I have ever seen.
Oh yes, my bf luved tat primary school dorama when it aired on TVB. It's the only one i haven't watched, but the only one he has ever watched. Gota pick it up one day. Thx 4 reminding.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 17th, '08, 18:16

There are a lot of good older jdramas that have to do with high school life (Gokusen 1 & 2, GTO, Nobuta wo Produce, Hana Kimi, Yamada Taro, Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003, Tantei Q, ProDai ~>somewhat high school, 1 Litre of Tears...etc).

But there are actually two new ones that should be airing on the 19th...ROOKIES & Gokusen 3~ (ROOKIES airs at 20:00 & Gokusen 3 at 21:00 Saturday so it's one right after the other) XD

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Apr 17th, '08, 19:06

Ichi Littoru No Namida aka 1 Litre of Tears is the best of the best. If u only hv time to watch 1 jdrama, then watch this.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 17th, '08, 19:37

Two of Takuya Kimura's dramas...

A Million Stars Fell

Secret Forest

Peggy

Peggy

Post by Peggy » Apr 17th, '08, 19:49

Two more of Takuya's dramas and films...

The White Paper

Fly Boys Fly (loved this one early on. Long hair so attractive then.

Also Bushido no Ichibun was quite sad even with a 'happy ending.' Great acting.

Peggy

itsonlykat

Post by itsonlykat » Apr 17th, '08, 20:06

The saddest dramas I've seen are:

1.) 1 Litre of Tears (amazing acting, and music) Starring Erika Sawajiri.

2.) A Million Stars Fall From The Sky (amazing acting, and music) Starring Kimura Takuya.

3. Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu (Crying Out Love in the Center of the World)
(Superb acting, and music) Starring Ayase Haruka and Yamada Takayuki.

4. Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake (God, Please Give Me More Time)(Superb acting and music) Starring Fukada Kyoko and Kaneshiro Takeshi.

All of these are my favorite. All are Highly recommended...

frashdi87

Post by frashdi87 » Apr 17th, '08, 20:53

but there is no romance in gokusen...
LIFE and Joou no kyoushitsu is really good..
full of suspense..but no romance..lol

boxxx

Post by boxxx » Apr 18th, '08, 10:28

Kind of new to J-dramas (and by kind of i mean, ive seen very few over a long period of time and have just recently begun to get more into them)

Can anyone recommend any really good romance dramas?

I've seen Densha Otoko, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Itazura na Kiss...and a few others. Hanazakari no Kimitachi e was my favourite, though. If anyone can recommend anything like that (a high school drama/romance etc.) or anything like akihabara@DEEP (not a romance per se, but fun and random), it would be really helpful, thank you!

zeox

Post by zeox » Apr 18th, '08, 21:20

boxxx wrote:Kind of new to J-dramas (and by kind of i mean, ive seen very few over a long period of time and have just recently begun to get more into them)

Can anyone recommend any really good romance dramas?

I've seen Densha Otoko, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Itazura na Kiss...and a few others. Hanazakari no Kimitachi e was my favourite, though. If anyone can recommend anything like that (a high school drama/romance etc.) or anything like akihabara@DEEP (not a romance per se, but fun and random), it would be really helpful, thank you!
You really should see My Boss My Hero. it's completely amazing.
Also, First Kiss is pretty good

ohhbitemex

Post by ohhbitemex » Apr 19th, '08, 04:40

Hello :D

Does anyone know any good J-doramas like Koi ga Shitai x3?
Hm, I don't if this might help, but here's a quote from Koi ga Shitai x3
"I've always wondered...how many people out there in Tokyo are just like me. People that are lonely, feel terribly insecure, but can't express their feelings to anyone, and live their lives just to see time pass."

^ I'm looking for dramas that are similarly based on that D:

Ones about finding your love/loneliness/life?

zeox

Post by zeox » Apr 19th, '08, 10:21

ohhbitemex: Densha Otoko maybe?

boxxx

Post by boxxx » Apr 19th, '08, 23:40

zeox wrote: You really should see My Boss My Hero. it's completely amazing.
Also, First Kiss is pretty good
I've downloaded My Boss My Hero, but right now im watching love generation (last episode) so I havent been able to pull myself away =] I'm excited about watching it. And thanks, I'll definately check out First Kiss!

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » Apr 21st, '08, 04:40

ohhbitemex wrote:Hello :D

Does anyone know any good J-doramas like Koi ga Shitai x3?
Hm, I don't if this might help, but here's a quote from Koi ga Shitai x3
"I've always wondered...how many people out there in Tokyo are just like me. People that are lonely, feel terribly insecure, but can't express their feelings to anyone, and live their lives just to see time pass."

^ I'm looking for dramas that are similarly based on that D:

Ones about finding your love/loneliness/life?
I'd sugguest Konya Hitori no Beddo de. Not as good as Koi ga shitai imo, but I think it is similar in genere/idea. Also Last Friends seems to be kinda similar, it's currently airing and out of the two eps that are out so far it might be what you are looking for. Also, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko might fit, but it's a little different.

fuzzer

Post by fuzzer » Apr 21st, '08, 07:29

Some stuff I liked.

kekkon dekinai otoko (it's so entertaining without resorting to an overdone love story)
yamato nadeshiko (matsushima nanako is just a great actress, this just happens to be my favorite one of her works)
love generation (kt acts cool like usual, but its the girl that really drew me in)

i'd like some recommendations on dramas similar to the above, mostly something like kekkon dekinai otoko. I really enjoy the slice of life stuff thats light but still real.

tannl

The MUST-WATCH Jdoramas of Winter 2008

Post by tannl » Apr 21st, '08, 18:25

Can anyone recommend the MUST-WATCH Jdoramas of winter 2008?

Fruity87

Post by Fruity87 » Apr 21st, '08, 18:43

Hi, I'm looking for some funnies dramas, i already saw a few like Dragonzakura, Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, Dragon and Tiger, My boss my Hero and more that i don't remember now.
If anyone can help me ^^

ryoko11

Re: The MUST-WATCH Jdoramas of Winter 2008

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 21st, '08, 20:51

tannl wrote:Can anyone recommend the MUST-WATCH Jdoramas of winter 2008?
That's depends on what kind of dramas you like, but you'd probably do well with:

Ashita no Kita Yoshio
Shikaotoko Awoniyoshi
Bara no Nai Hanaya

non-angelical

Post by non-angelical » Apr 21st, '08, 20:58

For me, the MUST-WATCH Jdoramas of winter 2008...
Bara no Nai Hanaya
Koshonin

Daisuki and Edison no Haha are ok too, but incomparable to the above two for me^^

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 22nd, '08, 16:59

non-angelical wrote:For me, the MUST-WATCH Jdoramas of winter 2008...
Bara no Nai Hanaya
Koshonin

Daisuki and Edison no Haha are ok too, but incomparable to the above two for me^^
Koshonin was another really good one. Course, it's also in my favorite genre. :D

Haven't finished Edison no Haha yet.

pass19

Post by pass19 » Apr 23rd, '08, 20:59

If you had to see only 3 JDramas:

1) Joou no kyoushitsu
2) Ichi rittoru no namida
3) Nodame Cantabile

definitely...

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Apr 23rd, '08, 21:04

Don't recognise some of the jdrama names in the last few posts, wonder if they will be subbed at some point.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 23rd, '08, 21:44

alcozar wrote:Don't recognise some of the jdrama names in the last few posts, wonder if they will be subbed at some point.
If you mean the responses for MUST-WATCH Jdramas of Winter 2008, all you need to do is go into the Subtitles forum or in the case of Bara no Nai Hanaya to the Torrents for the hardsubs. The 4 titles I suggested are fully subbed in English and available on D-addicts.

Daisuki and Edison no Haha are almost fully subbed (with recent updates) and only lack one or two episodes.

oceansportrait

Post by oceansportrait » Apr 24th, '08, 18:26

Here are some of the dramas that I recommend:

Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi - this series completely swiped up the season's drama awards, and it's easy to see why. It's a talented-cast ensemble with Kimura Takuya, Fukatsu Eri, Akashiya Sanma, and Shibasaki Kou. The soundtrack is amazing, the acting is fabulous, and it has a great story to go along with to boot. There's lots of twists and turns along the way. I usually don't like Kimura Takuya (you could go so far as to say, I usually avoid dramas if I hear that he plays a leading role) but he does a great job in this. It's good for repeated viewings too because there is a lot of foreshadowing in the earlier episodes that you might miss the first time around.

Ai Nante Irane Yo, Natsu - Amazing.Hirosue Ryoko plays the part of a blind girl with a chip on her shoulder, and Watabe Atsuro as the smooth-talking host with a huge debt in his hands who pretends to be her brother in order to inherit the millions she's bound to receive at her 18th birthday. Watabe Atsuro just blew me away with this one. I wasn't impressed at all by his performance in First Love, but there's not even a trace of that wimpy character in this series. Fujiwara Tatsuya (from Battle Royale, Death Note) is a side character here, and you can definitely see why he's as popular as he is now.

Byakuyakou - I didn't watch it during its original run because I wasn't a big fan of either of the leads (I watched Sekai no Chuushin de Ai wo Sakebu the drama version, and I abandoned it halfway through). This has a great cast as well, with Takeda Tetsuya (Kinpachi-sensei anyone?) and...what do you know, Watabe Atsuro again ^^ I really liked how episode one starts at the very end, and works its way backwards to the climax in the last episode. The girl who played Shindou Hikaru in Joou no Kyoushitsu is believed to be a prodigy, and it's really obvious here.

stshores24

Post by stshores24 » Apr 25th, '08, 14:18

I watched At Home Dad earlier this year and really enjoyed it (I'm a father, so I could relate!) and have been watching Densha Otoko, which is great.

I'm not sure what to watch next! I tried a few episodes of Gokusen, but didn't really care for it (seemed a bit cheesy to me). Suggestions? I like funny stuff that's not too cheesy, nothing too heavy or serious.

gmak

my recommendations=)

Post by gmak » Apr 25th, '08, 20:30

Listed in no particular order.

1. Densha Otoko*
2. Hanazakari no kimi tachi e*
3. Hana Yori Dango*
4. Hana Yori Dango Returns*
5. Gokusen*
6. First Kiss*
7. Lunch Queen*
8. Nobuta wo Produce
9. Orange Days*
10. Hachimitsu to Kuroba*
11. Bara no nai Hanaya*
12. H2: Kimi to Itahibi*
13. Detective Conan SP 1, 2*
14. Proposal Daisakusen**********************************
15. Nodame Cantabile*
16. Maison Ikkoku

Most of these dramas were very good and are worth watching.

vrosemarie

Post by vrosemarie » Apr 25th, '08, 21:46

Some of my fav jdoramas:

School comedies:
1) GTO (A must watch!)
2) Hana Kimi (This ignited my jdorama fever...)
3) Nobuta wo Produce (Horikita Maki and Yamapi!)
4) Dragon Zakura (Abe HIroshi and Yamapi!!! Makes u want to study...)
5) Gokusen 2 (Ihaven't watched the first one... Heard it was better though...)
6) Yamada Taro Monogatari (Pleasant watching but not enough bishies^^...)

Romance/Comedies:
1) Proposal Daisakusen^^
2) Hana Yori Dango (I was at a loss trying to decide whether this goes on top... But i settled for Pi!)
3)Hotaru no Hikari (If you can bear all the jersey talk... Nicely shot...)
4) Kekkon Dekinai Otoko (All around excellent comedy u can watch with the family.. Funny! Ken-chan!)

In a class of its own:
1) Nodame Cantabile (Brilliant and hilarious!)

Others you can try watching in your free time:
1 Litre of Tears (Tissues!)
Waterboys (Only the parts where they perform are worth watching...)
Kurosagi (If you are a die-hard yamapi fan..)
Lunch no Joou
Pride

I enjoyed all of these! (My friend recommended Antique but word is, the subs are atrocious. Softsubs, someone, pleeeaassee...) Thinkin of watching My Boss My Hero next... But I'd really like a romantic comedy... Any suggestions? Besides the ones above?

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 25th, '08, 22:17

stshores24 wrote:I watched At Home Dad earlier this year and really enjoyed it (I'm a father, so I could relate!) and have been watching Densha Otoko, which is great.

I'm not sure what to watch next! I tried a few episodes of Gokusen, but didn't really care for it (seemed a bit cheesy to me). Suggestions? I like funny stuff that's not too cheesy, nothing too heavy or serious.

Long Vacation Classic romantic comedy about two people who aren't getting ahead along their chosen paths finding love and support with eachother and how the lives of the people close to them intersect. Funny, sweet, and touching.

Bengoshi no Kuzu A young idealistic lawyer is forced to work with a more experienced lawer who--despite being a drunk, womanizer, and former high-school dropout--is a great lawyer. Mismatched buddy/career comedy. (If someone needs seeds for it, PM me. I'll clear some space and put it back on my computer to seed for you.)

deeplove

Post by deeplove » Apr 27th, '08, 04:02

recently.. I LOVe bara no nai hanaya!! Damn, it's sooooooo good and tonnes of twists in this series.

Nodame Cantabile +SP.. I can watch this over and over again!

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Apr 27th, '08, 12:26

Bara no nai hanaya sounds a bit too much of a "nice" drama from what i've read of the description. Prefer twisted dramas like Trick and M no Higeki.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Apr 28th, '08, 07:12

You should watch Hero by Takuya Kimura
stshores24 wrote:I watched At Home Dad earlier this year and really enjoyed it (I'm a father, so I could relate!) and have been watching Densha Otoko, which is great.

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » May 1st, '08, 06:37

alcozar wrote:Bara no nai hanaya sounds a bit too much of a "nice" drama from what i've read of the description. Prefer twisted dramas like Trick and M no Higeki.
Lol...he said it sounds too "nice." It does sound "nice" but I will assure you that there are some twists you wont expect. I'll let you in one 1 secret that you learn very early on...(this does give a little away, but you learn it in the first ep I think and there is a lot more that still happens)
She isn't really blind.

boxxx

Post by boxxx » May 1st, '08, 09:01

10 great Dramas I definitely recommend [in no particular order]:

<b><u>Romance/High School</b></u>
<b>1] Hanazakari no Kimitachi e</b> [extremely funny and extremely fun. Watch this one for a pick-me-up or something. I also recommend the manga, it is amazing. It shows all the awkwardness and happy-go-lucky times in high school, while of course being absolutely silly. I am REALLY looking forward to the special thats supposed to come out in June...or July or somewhere around that time!]
<b>2] Nobuta wo Produce</b> [not exactly a romance per se, but its probably one of the best, in my opinion of course, high school dramas. The characters are well thought out, and fun, and the music is just superb. Kamenashi Kazuya is extremely delectable and did a wonderful job.]
<b>3] My Boss My Hero</b> [While the main character is almost AGONIZINGLY stupid, it makes for a wonderful drama. Also, probably the only drama I've cried watching since I absolutely refuse to watch depressing dramas because I know I'll never be able to get over how sad they are.]
<b>4] Hana Yori Dango 1&2 </b> [This series is THE MOST like a soap opera, but despite its repetitive plot twisting and despite the fact that it gets REALLY annoying having everyone fighting ALL the time it is probably the most addicting, funniest, saddest, happiest drama I've watched. That is also probably why its gone on for 2 seasons and they're making a movie of it. Matsumoto Jun does a spectacular job. I totally fell in love with his character.]
<b>5] Yamada Taro Monogatari </b> [This series is just really sweet. Another pick-me-up kind of series.]
<b>6] Proposal Daisakusen </b> [I've only just started this series but it seems very good. I know I shouldn't recommend it since I haven't seen the whole thing but it really does seem too good to not put on this list.]
<b>7] Densha Otoko </b> [Densha Otoko was the first Japanese drama I ever watched...I watched it while I was an exchange student in Japan when it had just started airing on T.V. and I almost absolutely fell in love with it. Oguri Shun is in it for a little bit and I thought he was the sexiest thing since...I dunno. My taste has changed a little, though, but even so Densha Otoko, for me, will always be one of the best. It's sweet and sad and funny and depressing all at the same time but I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who wants to watch a touching story.]
<b>8] Himitsu no Hanazono </b> [second j-drama I ever watched and I thought it was great. The story is fun, the romance is cute, and I always forget the name so I call it shabu-shabu, which you might understand if you watched it.]

<b><u>Other</b></u>
<b>9] Gokusen 1&2 </b> [This drama is great. Period. It doesn't even matter that its not a romance. Personally I liked the second season more than the first, but only because they don't do anything with Matsumoto Jun's thing at the end. Not going to say anymore about it because I don't want to spoil anything...though if anyone knows what I'm talking about and knows why they didn't I would LOVE to know.]
<b>10] Akihabara@DEEP </b> [I haven't really heard much about this drama, however, it is really something people should watch if they liked Densha Otoko and don't mind watching stuff that is obviously bull but really fun at the same time. It's basically about a bunch of otaku's banding together to form a troubleshooting business for the district of Akihabara which is the...otaku haven of Tokyo. If you start it, watch all the way to the end because the last episode is pretty awesome. Also, Ikuta Toma is great in this. If you love Ikuta Toma, you will MORE THAN LIKELY love it because they have many many many close ups XD, also I think its good to go into watching this knowing its not going to be totally realistic in a more drastic way than most dramas so...yeah.]

Sorry I had so many comments, but I think all these dramas are great. I've seen a great number of the 'viewer rated favourites' or whatever, but for some reason I really like these the best. No matter how great a story Love Generation or 101st Marriage Proposal or Itazura na Kiss are, they seemed a little outdated which is always bad, and they all had the same kind of theme throughout. If you've seen one of these, you've seen all of these and watching something different is always a good thing.

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » May 1st, '08, 15:08

not listed in any order

GTO
Gokusen (season 1)
Nobuta wo Produce
Ikebukuro West Gate Park (more people should watch this one, seriously)
Stand Up!!
Proposal Daisakusen
Hana Yori Dango (both seasons)
Nodame Cantabile
Hana Kimi
Hotaru no Hikari

and I can already tell that Last Friends will be in my favorites

rikochan

Post by rikochan » May 1st, '08, 15:16

try watch love generation. slow but romantic...

Tearless

Post by Tearless » May 2nd, '08, 11:58

I recently saw Mop Girl. And I liked it very much. Can anyone recommend some that has mystery and a touch of comedy? I would really appreciate that! :D

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 2nd, '08, 18:19

Tearless wrote:I recently saw Mop Girl. And I liked it very much. Can anyone recommend some that has mystery and a touch of comedy? I would really appreciate that! :D
Mop Girl was lots of fun! I seem to like most things that air in that timeslot for some reason.

Try Jikou Keisatsu. Also, Trick would probably be a good bet. This season, Puzzle is shaping up to be awesome... first two eps have aired and are subbed. The two Kuitan series weren't bad either--especially if you like Japanese food. And Bengoshi no Kuzu has a great blend of mystery and comedy surrounding their cases.

ryc3

Post by ryc3 » May 2nd, '08, 19:44

Dorama I've so far seen..... and liked.

Liar Game
Densha Otoko
1 Rittoru No Namida( 1 Litre of Tears)
Taiyou no uta
My Boss My Hero(Also in Korean I think I like the Japanese one though.)
Tiger & Dragon

zeox

Post by zeox » May 5th, '08, 06:40

I have been away from jdrama ever since the latest season of shows started, so I'm wondering if there are any of the new ones that are worth watching/must watch?

I'm downloading the episodes that are released of Last Friends. (also considering Zettai Kareshi, but the premise sounds kind of ridiculous)

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » May 5th, '08, 07:57

@Zeox: I'd say Last Friends is the must watch this season. So far every episode has been good and keeps you wanting more by then end.
Rookies looks promising.
Zettai Kareshi is ok so far. It can go either way, but I don't think youll miss out on much by not watching.
Ryokiteki na Kanojo is pretty good so far. Its loosely based on the Korean movie My Sassy Girl. Although it almost seems like they only share random scenes in common.
Gokusen 3 has the highest viewership in Japan. I skimmed the first ep, but I wasn't really interested since the story doesn't continue from the first, but if you are a fan of the series I'm sure it will be enjoyable.
Change will air in a couple of weeks, but I'm looking forward to it, hopefully it will be good.

Other stuff I've checked out...
Osen - subs aren't out yet, but from what I've seen and understood, it looks ok and might get better. Might be something worth checking out if the synopsis appeals to you.
Puzzle - I didn't watch with subs so it was a little hard for me to understand, but the premise looked interesting; however, it looked a little slow. It might get better as it progress. There were some funny moments that I did see while watching though.
Battery - Didn't do much for me, but I think it has potential especially if you find the premise interesting.

And of course there were some specials that came out that you should watch if you've seen the series, like for Proposal Daisakusen.

Now I feel like a complete nerd that has way too much time on my hands, but I hope this was helpful. =P

zeox

Post by zeox » May 5th, '08, 08:18

wow, thanks alot!

loveme23

Ecchi/Softcore Drama/Movie Recomendation.....

Post by loveme23 » May 6th, '08, 06:09

Is there any good ecchi japanese drama that you guys could recommend....

I've seen two sort of ecchi japanese midnight drama and I really like it....I totally forgot the title though....Anyway hope I could get some recomendations....

I also looking for softcore japanese movie, if you know of any please list them too....Thank

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » May 6th, '08, 07:32

Cutie Honey The Live is the only one I know of off the top of my head. It also has a movie version.

Keizou

Post by Keizou » May 6th, '08, 20:43

try Shimokita Glory Days, its a midnight drama with a weak story, but almost the whole cast is made up of Japanese idols...i've watched the 1st 2 eps and it pretty boring, unless you're really into japanese idols

I've also heard of one called Cupid no Itazura, another midnight drama starring Rina Akiyama, a famous japanese idol....i've watched a preview of it and it definitely looks better than shimokita

loveme23

Post by loveme23 » May 7th, '08, 05:50

Thanks for the listing, The two show that I've seen is what Keizou have lister.

Shimokita Glory Days and Cupid no Itazura

There was another one about a bar or something like that. Also a midnight drama...Sora Aoi was in it...Sorry I should list all the one I've seen but I just can't remember the title

Oh...I remember seeing a movie called "A Man, A Woman and A Thin Wall" also with Sora Aoi....

But that it's about it....I'll check out Cutie Honey...Thanks Puppet Princess

jesamine

Post by jesamine » May 7th, '08, 13:11

Some of my most recommended:

- Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
- Hanazakari no kimi tachi e 
- Nodame Cantabile
- Beautiful Life
- Pride (my first Kimura Takuya drama that made me fall in love with him!)
- Sora kara ichioku no hoshi (The eng title is A Million stars falling from the sky, but ichioku 一億 actually means a hundred million so I'm not sure how that came about)
- Karei naru ichizoku

Some that I like but aren't as nice as the list above (IMHO :-> probably just cos my favourite actor is in it lol)
- Good Luck!
- Engine
- Hero
- Love Generation
- Long Vacation
- Kimi wa petto
- Heavenly Forest (movie)

もっともっと見ていますよ!

ekay

Post by ekay » May 7th, '08, 22:49

Must Watch
1.tatta hitotsu no koi
2.nodame cantabile
3.1 liter of tears
4.Akihabara

very nice to watch:
1. 1 Pound no fukuin
2. Hotaru no hikari
3. Kimi wa petto
4. Galeilo
5. Nobuta wo produced
6. Hana Kimi

Just to kill time:
1. yukan club
2. kurosagi
3.gokusen 1&2
4.my boss my hero
5.good luck

watcing list: first kiss, last friends

Keizou

Post by Keizou » May 10th, '08, 19:38

wow, Sora Aoi is actually in that many "jdramas"...(o_o)

Savara

Post by Savara » May 12th, '08, 14:20

Hey~

As you can see (no avatar and such), I'm new here. (On the forums that is, I've used this site before to look for new things to watch etc).
The thing is, I'm not easily pleased, and AM easily bored. (Very annoying, really.)
Now I'm looking for something new to watch... I'm learning Japanese and it's just practical to have something *fun* and *interesting* to watch...

Two drama series I watched and loved are 1 liter of tears/1リトルの涙 and My Boss My Hero. I tried Yukan club sometime in between, and really didn't like it.

Any suggestions? :D

And because I just haven't watched many dramas, I'll tell you a few of the anime I liked;
True Tears
Death Note
Toki wo kakeru shoujo
Tokyo majin gakuen kenpuchou

Ehm... Yeah, I tend to love shounen/action series, as well as pure drama things. Not so big on the 'funny' stuff, even though I did like My Boss My Hero :) But I'm open to anything~

Thanks!

Matthaios

Post by Matthaios » May 13th, '08, 19:54

@Savara: The shounen genre doesn't really carry over to dramas, so its a little hard to make suggestions according to that. There are plenty of pure drama type though. Drama has a broad range within it, so if you are more specific I might be able to give you some beter suggestions, but here is what I would suggest...

Sekai no chuusin de - It's a romance drama. The story flows well and it is a good story. I think based on the fact that you liked 1 litre of tears you might also like this. It is also a tear jerker.

Gokusen - I know you said you don't like comedy, but you might like this since you like My Boss, My Hero. Similar idea, but the teacher is yakuza. It is often compared as a female GTO. GTO is obviously something you might be interested in especially if you liked the anime.

Kurosagi - It is a thinking drama with some strategy based ideas behind it about a swindler swindling swindlers. It has some of the elements of Death Note...but not really lol

Proposal Daisakusen - Romance drama. Similar concept to Toki wo kakeru shoujo, but more focused on relationships.

Note that all the comparisons I made are on a very broad range of comparison. I only mentioned what I could think of as closest in terms of concepts not necessarily on genre. You might have liked those animes/dramas for very different reason than my comparison. If you have slightly more specifics in what you are looking for let me know and I can recommend something else. I have a ton of other dramas that I could suggest to you that might fit better.

Savara

Post by Savara » May 13th, '08, 20:40

Thanks for the reply

I will try a few things over the next few days (... make that weeks ;)) and ehm, if I can't find anything I like, I'll most likely ask again ^_^;

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » May 14th, '08, 15:17

Hihi,im new on this forum,
I haven't watch much Jdrama but here are the ones i watched
GTO
Check it out yo(movie @_@)
Strawberry on shortcake
Eh... and theres 1 about a poor guy and a rich girl from a jewelery shop...

Anyway i would love to be recommended some dramas that have to do with
Romance
Comedy
Info:
I like romances that.. are like.. "Romeo & Juliet" W/o the dying part =x,
hmm as well as,if possible,Not-Real-Brother-And-Sister-Love Relationship,
Childhood friends/ Neighbor love relationship,
Or something around there

Sorry for the fuzz =x thanks again ^_^

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 14th, '08, 19:48

Savara wrote:Hey~

As you can see (no avatar and such), I'm new here. (On the forums that is, I've used this site before to look for new things to watch etc).
The thing is, I'm not easily pleased, and AM easily bored. (Very annoying, really.)
Now I'm looking for something new to watch... I'm learning Japanese and it's just practical to have something *fun* and *interesting* to watch...

Two drama series I watched and loved are 1 liter of tears/1リトルの涙 and My Boss My Hero. I tried Yukan club sometime in between, and really didn't like it.

And because I just haven't watched many dramas, I'll tell you a few of the anime I liked;
True Tears
Death Note
Toki wo kakeru shoujo

Ehm... Yeah, I tend to love shounen/action series, as well as pure drama things. Not so big on the 'funny' stuff, even though I did like My Boss My Hero :) But I'm open to anything~

Thanks!
Savara, I've been trying to think of dramas to recommend since your post. I like shounen/action stuff too (hate tearjerkers, though I like some dark dramas with deaths in them... ) Since I'm easy to please it took me a bit to decide what to list. (Agree that Yukan Club sucks, LOL.) I think my best recommendations for you would be:

Yasha Twins who are part of a bio engineering experiment end up at the center of a conspiracy involving a deadly virus. It contains hot geniuses pitted against each other, hints of shounen-ai, dark elements, deaths, lots of action... it's got some good similarities to Death Note (totally different story though) in a scifi story instead of supernatural one. One warning, it does contain a brief bit of nudity during the first episode. I think Sei's intro was as racy as it got though.

Official Trailer (You get a better feel from the fanvids, but those have major spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1xYnzSXgW0

Batch thread
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_21984.htm

Iryu Medical drama about a maverick doctor trying to perform the first Batista operation in Japan at a university hospital full of corrupt politics. Asada peforms lots of godly heart surgeries, while bucking the system at every turn. Lots of background machinations go on, and the surgeries are exciting to watch too.

Official Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG0Hcej7 ... re=related

Batch Thread
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40085.htm

I think it'd also be pretty hard to get bored during Ikkebukuro West Gate Park. It's got mystery, comedy, rival gangs, murders, drama... it's very popular and lots of people find it addictive.

If you wanted to try another comedy, I'd suggest either Nodame Cantabile or Tiger and Dragon.

@BozoBear

HYD (another rich guy poor girl one)
Long Vacation (accidental roommates rather than neighbors)
Last Christmas (neighbors)
Nodame Cantabile (less romance, more comedy)
Proposal Daisakusen (childhood friends)

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » May 15th, '08, 00:02

ryoko11 wrote:
Savara wrote:Hey~

True Tears
Death Note
Toki wo kakeru shoujo

Thanks!
Savara, I've been trying to think of dramas to recommend since your post. I like shounen/action stuff too (hate tearjerkers, though I like some dark dramas with deaths in them... ) Since I'm easy to please it took me a bit to decide what to list. (Agree that Yukan Club sucks, LOL.) I think my best recommendations for you would be:

Yasha Twins who are part of a bio engineering experiment end up at the center of a conspiracy involving a deadly virus. It contains hot geniuses pitted against each other, hints of shounen-ai, dark elements, deaths, lots of action... it's got some good similarities to Death Note (totally different story though) in a scifi story instead of supernatural one. One warning, it does contain a brief bit of nudity during the first episode. I think Sei's intro was as racy as it got though.

Official Trailer (You get a better feel from the fanvids, but those have major spoilers)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1xYnzSXgW0

Batch thread
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_21984.htm

Iryu Medical drama about a maverick doctor trying to perform the first Batista operation in Japan at a university hospital full of corrupt politics. Asada peforms lots of godly heart surgeries, while bucking the system at every turn. Lots of background machinations go on, and the surgeries are exciting to watch too.

Official Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG0Hcej7 ... re=related

Batch Thread
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_40085.htm

I think it'd also be pretty hard to get bored during Ikkebukuro West Gate Park. It's got mystery, comedy, rival gangs, murders, drama... it's very popular and lots of people find it addictive.

If you wanted to try another comedy, I'd suggest either Nodame Cantabile or Tiger and Dragon.

@BozoBear

HYD (another rich guy poor girl one)
Long Vacation (accidental roommates rather than neighbors)
Last Christmas (neighbors)
Nodame Cantabile (less romance, more comedy)
Proposal Daisakusen (childhood friends)
Thx,but whats HYD? =x
I just realised i like mushy mush "puppy" love @_@

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 15th, '08, 00:41

HYD is short for Hana Yori Dango. You'll see that abbreviation a lot around here. :D

There's nothing wrong with mushy mush "puppy" love. ;)

Also, I just thought of a Taiwan drama that might suit you called, Devil Beside You. Good mushy puppy love, and it's of the "not really brother and sister" variety. You can find that one on D-addicts too.

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » May 15th, '08, 01:06

Oh, my gosh! I love th Fundoshi Moment! It's like she was so enthralled with him. Hahaha. Anyway, I also recommend Zettai Kareshi as well as Kurosagi.

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » May 15th, '08, 08:46

ryoko11 wrote:HYD is short for Hana Yori Dango. You'll see that abbreviation a lot around here. :D

There's nothing wrong with mushy mush "puppy" love. ;)

Also, I just thought of a Taiwan drama that might suit you called, Devil Beside You. Good mushy puppy love, and it's of the "not really brother and sister" variety. You can find that one on D-addicts too.
^_^ saw it before,thx anyway ^_^
And wow,i din't know meteor garden = Hana yori Dango.
am i correct? =x

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 15th, '08, 13:45

Ojou_Belle wrote:Oh, my gosh! I love th Fundoshi Moment! It's like she was so enthralled with him. Hahaha.
Innervoice Chan rules for coming up with that icon of it too. Shame they didn't have that scene in the drama. Matsujun in a fundoshi would be love. :wub:

^_^ saw it before,thx anyway ^_^
And wow,i din't know meteor garden = Hana yori Dango.
am i correct? =x
You are correct. :mrgreen:

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » May 16th, '08, 08:40

BozoBear wrote:Hihi,im new on this forum,
I haven't watch much Jdrama but here are the ones i watched
GTO
Check it out yo(movie @_@)
Strawberry on shortcake
Eh... and theres 1 about a poor guy and a rich girl from a jewelery shop...

Anyway i would love to be recommended some dramas that have to do with
Romance
Comedy
Info:
I like romances that.. are like.. "Romeo & Juliet" W/o the dying part =x,
hmm as well as,if possible,Not-Real-Brother-And-Sister-Love Relationship,
Childhood friends/ Neighbor love relationship,
Or something around there
"Mushy mushy love puppy love"
Sorry for the fuzz =x thanks again ^_^
Checked most of them,
Meh,wish wiki have Genre search.

rairai

Post by rairai » May 16th, '08, 09:38

BozoBear wrote:Eh... and theres 1 about a poor guy and a rich girl from a jewelery shop...

i think that one's tatta hitotsu no koi
its a really nice drama.. :)

i love romance comedy too!
nodame cantabile and hotaru no hikari (those are my favorites)
densha otoko - more of a comedy for me than romance
kimi wa petto is nice too.. it used to be my fave (that was before i watched nodame and hotaru)
zettai kareshi (though it isnt finished yet)
proposal daisakusen
love generation
hyd

comedy: attention please
thats what i can think of as of now..

thers also a movie romeo and juliet.. its nice.. (plus takki hideaki's in it :D)

i liked Oniyome diary.. hilarious. its a family drama.. basically abt how the wife "bullies" the husband
i tried watching its part2 but wasnt able to finish it.. not as gud as the first part.

oh, and hanayome to papa is nice too (since uv mentiioned ur a father..)

riko-chan

Post by riko-chan » May 16th, '08, 15:41

well.
there are lot of recommendations, but here's mine.

* Hana Kimi - it's funny and interesting, at least I think so, because I laughed a lot while watching it.
* Hana yori dango - My first dorama & I totally fell in love with it. xP
* 1 litre of tears - it's sad and moving dorama, I cried a lot, but still, I think it's worth watching.
* One pound gospel - I started to watch it because of Kamenashi, but I realised that the dorama itself is funny and interesting. Main character is a boxer, who eats a lot and falls in love with a nun. That's already so dumb. ;D
* Tatta Hitotsu no Koi - just romance, but quite good.
* Sapuri & Anego - two doramas, but about the same - guy fall in love with an older woman.
* Kimi wa petto - it also was fun to watch, a guy acting like a dog.
*smiles brightly*

those are who I like tho most.
;P

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » May 16th, '08, 18:14

rairai wrote:
BozoBear wrote:Eh... and theres 1 about a poor guy and a rich girl from a jewelery shop...

i think that one's tatta hitotsu no koi
its a really nice drama.. :)

i love romance comedy too!
nodame cantabile and hotaru no hikari (those are my favorites)
densha otoko - more of a comedy for me than romance
kimi wa petto is nice too.. it used to be my fave (that was before i watched nodame and hotaru)
zettai kareshi (though it isnt finished yet)
proposal daisakusen
love generation
hyd

comedy: attention please
thats what i can think of as of now..

thers also a movie romeo and juliet.. its nice.. (plus takki hideaki's in it :D)

i liked Oniyome diary.. hilarious. its a family drama.. basically abt how the wife "bullies" the husband
i tried watching its part2 but wasnt able to finish it.. not as gud as the first part.

oh, and hanayome to papa is nice too (since uv mentiioned ur a father..)
Somehow i really hate that guy that acts as the main character of Hotaru no Hikari ..
No idea why @_@

most* Aren't suitable for me T_T
i just watched 4< episodes and stop @_@

boxxx

Post by boxxx » May 16th, '08, 22:28

Just fimished IWGP [Ikebukuro West Gate Park] which is like Akihabara@DEEP except with gangs and yakuza. Its a great drama, definitely cried A LOT. Sad kind of, very powerful story. I would totally recommend it to anyone who didn't mind seeing a lot of that kind of stuff...

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » May 16th, '08, 22:33

boxxx wrote:Just fimished IWGP [Ikebukuro West Gate Park] which is like Akihabara@DEEP except with gangs and yakuza. Its a great drama, definitely cried A LOT. Sad kind of, very powerful story. I would totally recommend it to anyone who didn't mind seeing a lot of that kind of stuff...

IWGP is permanently in my top 5. Amazing drama, although
Yamapi shouldn't have been killed off.
mod edit: spoiler tags added

leenzy

Post by leenzy » May 18th, '08, 15:10

hello, guys..

can u all suggest me the BEST drama that u all had seen before?? 4 ur information i would like to watch JDrama that have genre such as School drama, Comedy, Romantic Comedy, Mystery..:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

i juz finished watching Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2, Hanazakari no Kimitachie :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: , Nobuta wo Produce and Gokusen 2 by this week...and now i'm currently watching Akihabara @Deep.

erm, before this i've watched Gokusen 1, My Boss My Hero, Attention Please, 1 litre of Tears, Mukodono 2003, Kurosagi, all series of Kindaichi, Long Vacation, Long Generation, Ice World, With Love, Shomuni and some others JDrama..(long time ago...)

P/S : I'm currently downloading--->> Yukan Club, Stand UP!! and also looking 4wd to Binbo Danshi, Gokusen 3, Zettai Kareshi, Hanayome wa Yakudoshi...

TQ very much ... :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:

BozoBear

Post by BozoBear » May 18th, '08, 18:22

leenzy wrote:hello, guys..

can u all suggest me the BEST drama that u all had seen before?? 4 ur information i would like to watch JDrama that have genre such as School drama, Comedy, Romantic Comedy, Mystery..:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

i juz finished watching Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2, Hanazakari no Kimitachie :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: , Nobuta wo Produce and Gokusen 2 by this week...and now i'm currently watching Akihabara @Deep.

erm, before this i've watched Gokusen 1, My Boss My Hero, Attention Please, 1 litre of Tears, Mukodono 2003, Kurosagi, all series of Kindaichi, Long Vacation, Long Generation, Ice World, With Love, Shomuni and some others JDrama..(long time ago...)

P/S : I'm currently downloading--->> Yukan Club, Stand UP!! and also looking 4wd to Binbo Danshi, Gokusen 3, Zettai Kareshi, Hanayome wa Yakudoshi...

TQ very much ... :salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:
Hihi,i was wondering if you can recommend me some drama yourself.
I love the genres you watch cept mystery.
^_^
ty X_X