[Discussion] ROOKIES

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Orbity

[Discussion] ROOKIES

Post by Orbity » Mar 5th, '08, 11:27

I can't find a thread / Discussion topic on this upcoming drama so I thought I'd start it.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/ROOKIES

Looks to be an interesting story (along the lines of Gokusen) so I'm won't mind watching it when it arrives. Looks to be plenty of eye-candy for the girls.
I see there are currently NO subbers up for the task of subbing it in English. I hope this changes.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Mar 5th, '08, 18:04

I saw Sato Ryuta promoting this on Shojiki Shindoi last week and, after looking it up, figured I'd check it out this spring. Sato Ryuta is love, and the rest of the cast looks like they could make a really good ensemble together.

Shirota Yu alone makes for terrific eyecandy. :lol Seeing him in something like this is gonna be a bit of an adjustment after Koshonin.

lzydata

Re: [Discussion] ROOKIES

Post by lzydata » Mar 6th, '08, 03:40

The Pinny Parlour wrote:I see there are currently NO subbers up for the task of subbing it in English. I hope this changes.
Well it's still early. Perhaps many fansubbers are still busy with their current winter dramas, and are waiting to see what the first episode is like before committing. Also, it looks like this drama will require baseball knowledge to sub.

Rori

Post by Rori » Mar 6th, '08, 04:49

Got to watch this, first time I heard of it, it was going on my list of: what to watch.

Mainly because it seems a lot like Gokusen. And I love school stuff.

Well this and Gokusen 3 next season is gonna be awesome.

Orbity

Re: [Discussion] ROOKIES

Post by Orbity » Mar 6th, '08, 09:00

lzydata wrote:
The Pinny Parlour wrote:I see there are currently NO subbers up for the task of subbing it in English. I hope this changes.
Well it's still early. Perhaps many fansubbers are still busy with their current winter dramas, and are waiting to see what the first episode is like before committing. Also, it looks like this drama will require baseball knowledge to sub.
The team that produced Dream Again? :-)

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Mar 6th, '08, 09:42

I'm going to watch this, one way or the other. Sato Ryuta needs so much more love. :wub:

zeldAIS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zeldAIS » Mar 17th, '08, 06:04

Definitely going to watch this as i LOVE the manga. and i'll be more than honored to help who's gonna fansub the series.

if there is any fansub group who's gonna take up this project - i'm more than honored to do karaoke for this series. If there is just a willing fansubber who's gonna only softsub the series, I am willing to make it into hardsubs with typesets and such.

PM me whenever if needed and i'm always checking the jdrama fansub map just to check who's gonna work on the series :P

PS: i've worked on SARS' fansubs hanakimi, galileo, mukodono, honey and clover karaoke; Skewed Studios typesetter, encoder, jack of all trades (shinigami no ballad, jigoku shoujo) and TV-NIhon's typesetter and karaoke (typesetter of Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger and Kamen Rider Kiva).

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Mar 17th, '08, 06:40

I never read the manga but i defitnetly gonna watch this.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Mar 21st, '08, 14:56

I'm not really into school dramas right now, but I'll watch this for Sato Ryuta, too. I can see how someone would get motivated by him. Even when he's not smiling he looks happy, don't really know how to explain it but it's because of his eyes.

animefigurekit

Post by animefigurekit » Mar 21st, '08, 18:18

I MUST absolutely see this! I'm a big fan of the manga and about everything MORITA Masanori (the mangaka) did :)

I sure hope someone will fansubbed it, pretty please?

naadianaa

Post by naadianaa » Mar 22nd, '08, 18:30

Well, it is announced already tht TLS & Skewed Studios gonna be subbing this.

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Jdrama_Fans ... pring_2008

pinkcandy

Post by pinkcandy » Mar 23rd, '08, 17:24

I'm actually kind of leery of the live action. I'm a huge fan of the manga and the works of Masanori Morita -- the artist that pretty much redefined yankee-and-sports lifestyle. He loaded the series with so much testosterone-filled, macho, muscley-dork, silly man-love that I'm not sure the cast of skinny pretty boys would be able to quite do it justice. JE/Idol boys being all yankee/thuggish just make me laugh. Though, from the cast photo, it does seem like they made the effort to find the boys that have a little extra meat on their bodies.

I suppose it depends on how it's filmed, though. "Watashitachi no Kyokasho" had a 14 year old cast, but in an early episode when they ripped out and had a crazed melee fight in the middle of the school yard --- it was actually alarming because it was presented so 'realistically' that I could really see it as a scene of kids going completely berserk. The 'scary' posturing I see in most dramas are too marshmellowy to be even slightly intimidating, let alone frightening. Perhaps if the violence and awfulness at the very beginning of the series isn't touched too much, the rest would be convincing. Otherwise, as far as baseball dramas go, I think it would have been better and easier for them to turn Ookiku Furikabutte into a live action instead.

The manga was a good blend of macho seriousness and hilarity... I really hope the live action doesn't only focus purely on the comedic aspects. The Gokusen live action (and anime, come to think) was a serious disappointment to me, especially considering how completely made of win the manga was, and if it gets the same sort of white-washed morality, I'm going to cry. Especially since it's already a pretty moral tale. Just.... it's morality presented in a very specific way... well those are my reservations. I still plan to watch it. I could always pretend it's a completely unrelated series. :roll

rezo

Post by rezo » Mar 27th, '08, 02:54

especially considering how completely made of win the manga was, and if it gets the same sort of white-washed morality
Yeah, this is my main concern; there are plenty of scenes like that in the comic, but it's not really the same as the episode ending "moving" scenes that come with dramas. Or maybe it is and I can't tell because there's no music playing. But I suspect they'll have to get it all out of the way in the first few episodes anyway. It all depends on how the adaptation is handled I guess... and the person who is handling it has only made one drama I really liked(Hito ni Yasashiku), which was fun mostly because the characters spent all of their time shouting at each other. Hopefully some of that will carry over to this... conceptually I don't think it makes for a difficult adaptation. Violent kids who were friends fighting each other before getting along later isn't a stretch of any kind; I don't think the opening was too violent either, besides the bathroom scene, but it's been a while.

Ucchiyama

Post by Ucchiyama » Apr 11th, '08, 09:45

o.0 I am so looking forward to watching this with sub :d cant wait!!

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Apr 11th, '08, 09:53

It suprises me that no one found the cm before...

myk_06

Post by myk_06 » Apr 22nd, '08, 10:54

oh man! never thought this show would be this good! awesome 1st episode!!

hey9

Post by hey9 » Apr 22nd, '08, 15:30

Everytime they flashed back to him punching that student out the window...I laugh. Really hard. Lol I'm evil.
First ep was good, though.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 22nd, '08, 19:28

Really enjoyed the first episode! It feels like they're trying to respect the source material while adapting it to a drama so far. I liked how they made the first episode double length to really get into the story, and they certainly had the boys acting like delinquents in this.

Shirota Yu is pretty good at playing thuggish roles, imo. Of course being about 6'2" and made of muscle doesn't hurt when you have to actually look intimidating. While Shinjo isn't quite as bat-crap crazy as Maria was in Koshonin, he's close.
I'm glad they didn't whitewash the bathroom scene, but I think I prefer it when they don't do his fight scenes in slow-mo. While you can still tell that he's a big guy who could flatten your face with his fist, it looses a little of the power for me when you don't get to see the speed and the force that conveys. It was still good, and I loved watching the bit with Aniya as well as all the stuff on the roof too.

Does anyone else think that the manga version of Kuwato and Sato Ryuta bear an uncanny resemblance?

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 23rd, '08, 00:44

First episode was great, but seeing Ichihara Hayato playing a delinquent is so hilarious.
By the way, anyone know the name of the ED song, doesn't seem to be posted up on dramawiki unless I'm blind.
It's really catchy. =)

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 23rd, '08, 02:51

Rori wrote:First episode was great, but seeing Ichihara Hayato playing a delinquent is so hilarious.
By the way, anyone know the name of the ED song, doesn't seem to be posted up on dramawiki unless I'm blind.
It's really catchy. =)
According to the Japanese wiki the theme song is:

Kiseki [キセキ] by GReeeeN

Definitely explains why it's so catchy!

Kinouu

Post by Kinouu » Apr 25th, '08, 16:09

Hey everybody ^_^

Sorry to say that again ^_^

But If a team want to sub the drama , I can have the scrpits of the most of episode ! Because I know someone who is acting in the drama ( even if It's a small role , He had the scripts of all episode ! )

PS : You can contact me my personal emssage or let an anwser here in this topic :)

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 06:16

Hm, any news on the subs for this that are supposed to be coming from TimeLesSub & Skewed Studios?
ryoko11 wrote:According to the Japanese wiki the theme song is:

Kiseki [キセキ] by GReeeeN

Definitely explains why it's so catchy!
Bit late, but thanks!

Episode 2 today!

darynrose

Post by darynrose » Apr 26th, '08, 18:09

It's already timed and still in translation phase... please bare in mind tht the 1st epi is 1h 35 min long.... :crazy: .... translator is working as fast as he can.... but I'm sure it's worth the wait.... :-)

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 26th, '08, 22:09

Of course it is! :D
Thanks for letting us know how far you are though. <3

three-ple-z

Post by three-ple-z » Apr 28th, '08, 03:59

I just finished the translations. Gomen. I'm working as fast as I can to finish this. I spent a total of 14 hrs today just finishing the translations.

It's off to the rest of the team. Let's hope to see this episode out before the end of the week. We're starting work on Episode 2 too. It's been timed, and starting translations tomorrow.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Apr 28th, '08, 04:55

three-ple-z wrote:I just finished the translations. Gomen. I'm working as fast as I can to finish this. I spent a total of 14 hrs today just finishing the translations.

It's off to the rest of the team. Let's hope to see this episode out before the end of the week. We're starting work on Episode 2 too. It's been timed, and starting translations tomorrow.
Thank you! 14 hours? Sugoi!

Please...do not apologize. We are indebted to you for your hard work and translations, so whether the subs can out tomorrow, next week, next month, or even next year...we'll be happy that we're getting them.

Rori

Post by Rori » Apr 28th, '08, 05:12

^ Agreed. We look forward to it no matter how long we have to wait.

It's worth it, this is one series that shouldn't be missed this season. When it comes to teachers and delinquents, it is walking over Gokusen 3 this season (just ignore the ratings of each series for the moment) The plot is much deeper here. Great actors also (some of the Gokusen kids really need to brush up on their skills) I'm in tears a lot from laughing most of the time. Episode 2 being where:
Kawato jumped the fence to chase Wakana. Their faces were PRICELESS. :rofl:
I regret saying Ichihara Hayato playing a deleinquent is hilarious. He does a really good job in his role.
I feel sorry for Shinjo, though.
My heart went out to him when he was sitting staring at the photo.
Of course, I have no idea what's going on (well, not much) I haven't read the manga, I can't wait for the subs. Really enjoying this series. And it's only been two episodes so far.
Plus, all the eyecandy. x)

yuxoxo

Post by yuxoxo » Apr 28th, '08, 07:47

ohhh Ichihara Hayato is the guy in chainsaw edge! wow he's hot XD
this drama is surprisingly good, and definitely alot better than Gokusen 3! i don't really get the vibe about Gokusen 3, although i do watch it too but it's just another rip off from Gokusen 2 that i couldn't believe what i was watching is the same story with different actors only?...
Rookie has a good plot and i feel that it's underrated. good drama overall, will definitely continue!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Apr 28th, '08, 17:38

Rookies is an awesome drama! I've read something like the first 80 chapters online, so between that and my limited Japanese I've been able to enjoy and follow the first two raws pretty well. (Be that much better with the subs to flesh out the dialogue I didn't catch! No need to apologize three-plz! We really owe you for taking out of your own time to do this for everyone. It's a lot of work, and we appreciate it.)

I just can't watch Gokusen without Shin... and it's all just a rehash of the same plots from season 1 anyhow from the reviews. On the other hand, Rookies is totally fresh and the actors are all terrific. Episode 2 was right up there with the first one!
Kuwato chasing Wakana was love! The faces they make are hilarious! I think Yufune's face at going over that railing may have been my favorite though. LOL All so good!
Originally, I wasn't sure how Ichihara fit with Aniya for me visually... and I'd only seen him in Long Love Letter and Onmyouji 2 before this. But he's great in this role. He can handle the physicality and the emotional subtleties equally, so I'm really happy with him. And yes, he does make for great eyecandy!

While reading the manga, one of my first thoughts was, "How the heck am I ever going to warm up to this lot?" But in no time at all you just start to love the bunch of idiots... Or at least I do. So it's a relief that they picked actors who are all a little older and have the chops to do these roles.

About Shinjo:
In the first episode he's the scariest guy of them all for me. The bathroom scene and the roof scene really are powerful when you see him turning on his own friends out of his fear and in his effort to retain control. Then to see him with the photostickers in this episode, you can still feel sorry for him somehow... and you want to see him fix things. They really did a good job at starting to humanize him in such a tiny moment.
Nice to see the ratings went up from episode 1 to episode 2!

whibley

Post by whibley » May 2nd, '08, 05:02

well please do the sub..i have d raw..i need softsub..huu.im so crazy over rookies..

three-ple-z

Post by three-ple-z » May 2nd, '08, 05:18

Episode 1 is almost done. I'm cleaning up the script, adding the notes, etc. Almost done.

Then the final typesets and QC, and we'll release the soft subs first, followed by the hardsubs a day later.

We're looking at a weekend release. So bear with us a little more. I'm working hard on translating Episode 2. I'll probably spend the entire Saturday to finish translating it. And I'll spend the entire Sunday to translate episode 3.

That's the tentative plan.

Good job to the entire team.

Robina

Post by Robina » May 2nd, '08, 12:29

@three-ple-z: Thanks alot for the updation!! I am really can't wait for the sub to release~ this drama is really good drama and i even watch it raw and couldn't understand that much but some parts :sweats:

Looking forward for your team release :cheers:

lunas

Post by lunas » May 2nd, '08, 15:27

@three-ple-z Thank you for the update and all of your hardwork, looking forward to the future release. It's one of the great manga adapted series and cannot wait to see this series with english sub. :D

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 2nd, '08, 18:06

Thank you for the update, three-pl-z! :wub:

This show is pure win!

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » May 2nd, '08, 18:25

thanks for the update! tanoshimi desu xD

three-ple-z

Post by three-ple-z » May 3rd, '08, 06:24

Episode 1 softsubs are released. Enjoy.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60980.htm

Robina

Post by Robina » May 3rd, '08, 07:13

YES!!! THANK YOU~ :cheers: :cheers:

Rori

Post by Rori » May 3rd, '08, 09:47

three-ple-z wrote:Episode 1 softsubs are released. Enjoy.

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60980.htm
Thank you so much :wub:

pinkcandy

Well, I finally saw the first episode

Post by pinkcandy » May 3rd, '08, 22:08

Re-posting since half my reply got eaten for some reason.

Well. :wub:
The first episode delivered in SPADES. Oh. My. God.

I am currently dling the next two.

Thoughts: Aniya was a perfect mix of "I'm pretty damn cool" and idiot boy stupidity. He's clearly a dork who's either trying to be, or will be a cool coll man when he grows up, but hasn't quite gotten there yet. That cigarette machine scene? UTTERLY PERFECT character moment.

Sekikawa was perfect casting.

Loved Mikoshiba who was a lot more manly than I expected, but was perfect for the "normal guy" look.

Why does Okada look so damn pretty? XD I don't mind. And he manages to get the look across nicely, but... it's disconcerting at first.

Shinjo - well. I wish they had either stuck with the manga's hair or just went without the gel, because that... whatever-Dragonball hair he was sporting in the earlier parts of the ep is horrifying and doesn't match his face at all. It also doesn't help that... well... I suppose in terms of teenage japanese school boy, he'd come across as incredibly opposing. He's so big and tall and has muscle mass to him. But, my problem is that I grew up around football players with middleaged man bodies and full grown beards by the time they hit 16 *laugh*. Shinjo reads more to me as a very pretty, emo garage rocker from California. I have to actively remind myself that he's big and tough.

The actor does do an excellent job getting the sort of vulnerable-yet-surprisingly-violent thing across. He seems so sweet! And then he makes you bleed! I'd always thought that Shinjo had this level of softness in him, but it doesn't quite come across as clearly in the manga. His emotions were very well portrayed here.

And big question here-- D: In the production photos Imaoka and his idiot friend (forgot the name) they looked like they were young. but now, they look like old guys pretending to be teenagers! D: What happened?

Re: bathroom scene (should there be spoiler space for this?)
I agree. It should not have been shot in slow-mo. I suspect it is because the actors were not hitting each other at full strength/speed and they used the slowmo to cover for it. It still shows, however. I think they probably would have been better off if Shinjo came in, and it cut to a shot of Sekikawa's face as he's peeing. And then suddenly, very fast, have his face smashed into the window. Without any warning. AND THEN go into the slow motion.

I liked the scene, and the following Shinjo with no hair gel that followed after, however.
The shots of the families and whoever else are great as well. I hope they cover some of their home life, or past histories together? The way they brought the manga to the drama was... nicely done. The changes they did made sense.

The first ep totally exceeded my expectations. Totally. I will watch with great joy. XD I can't wait for the next set of subs to see what htey added/changed. Thanks to the people who decided to work on this! There seems to be little noise about Rookies, but I'm definitely grateful. :glare:
Last edited by pinkcandy on May 4th, '08, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

hey9

Post by hey9 » May 4th, '08, 01:10

i really wasn't expecting much from this series, but the first episode was soooo good (thanks to the subbers). i hope the rest of the series will keep up the quality, and i hope people don't think this is just another school drama and watch it!

three-ple-z

Post by three-ple-z » May 4th, '08, 03:08

They will keep as closely to the manga as possible. I've already noticed a lot of similar scenes and phrases, and the storyline is following very closely. 1st episode is up to chapter 16 of the manga (i.e. 1st 2 books).

three-ple-z

Post by three-ple-z » May 4th, '08, 07:02

I just finish translating episode 2. Onward with episode 3. :)

Robina

Post by Robina » May 4th, '08, 07:55

three-ple-z wrote:I just finish translating episode 2. Onward with episode 3. :)
Best news ever :cheers: :cheers: Arigatooooooooooooo~ :cheers:

namedx

Post by namedx » May 4th, '08, 18:14

This drama has definitely got my vote!! Best thing since Gokusen (the orig.) Didn't know what to expect to be honest, but despite the cliched (and I uses this phrase lightly) plot-line, it's the actors chosen to fit each role, that makes the drama outstanding. I hardly recognize any of the actors except for maybe one or two-and I have to say for newbie acting, it's a pretty darn good show. If there's anything that I would complain about, that is the lack of attention this series is looking to receive. I hardly rate Gokusen 3 for having anything else much to offer except for overused Yankumi feel good lines and a bunch of misfit 'wannabes' who are simply trying to portray the orig (classic) characters from season one. :mrgreen: (Don't bash me Gokusen3 fans). Nevertheless, to each their own I guess-It may not be to everyone taste, but get past the first 10 mins and I assure you that you'll be left engrossed. Thanks to the subbing team for taking up this project, you guys absolutely rock, kudos :salut:

Peace out

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » May 5th, '08, 21:20

I have a baseball question for those who've seen the first episode, about a possible error.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Isn't it implied that that they would win with one more strike, put them closer to there dream? But they are the side that's batting in the 9th inning. If they were in the lead the game would be over right? Isn't this a mistake or did I miss something? They're the pinstripe team N and their losing by 3. How does that make them one step closer to their dream.

Rori

Post by Rori » May 5th, '08, 21:36

This series gets better with each episode.

Still, bit hard for me to understand it all without subs, but episode 3 was as great as the first two. Glad to see Aniya has now joined them, all that's left is Shinjo, and the other two (- don't think it will take much convincing for them xD)

Am I the only one who thinks this series has a fantastic OST? I replayed the part with Aniya and Kawato at the baseball field so many times because the music there is just beautiful.
As for the Gokusen 3 talk, to be honest some of G3 fans aren't too impressed with the new series either.

lunas

Post by lunas » May 5th, '08, 23:12

When I read the manga, some of the scenes were very touching and to see it in live action with the OST playing in the background, I've to admit that I breakdown a few times. I know it cheesy and been done before, but I cannot help it.
The students didn't need any kind of convincing, they want to play baseball badly but none of the teachers ever pushed them like Kawato.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 6th, '08, 00:08

Bodhi wrote:I have a baseball question for those who've seen the first episode, about a possible error.

Isn't it implied that that they would win with one more strike, put them closer to there dream? But they are the side that's batting in the 9th inning. If they were in the lead the game would be over right? Isn't this a mistake or did I miss something? They're the pinstripe team N and their losing by 3. How does that make them one step closer to their dream.
To the best of my knowledge as a casual watcher:
His meaning was the opposite.

Remember that the bases were loaded. So if the batter could get one more good hit, they had the potential to get four runners home and win the game in the bottom of the ninth. Had the batter not reacted to being nearly hit, that had also put him one ball away from being walked. If the batter had been hit by that pitch, the result is the same as a walk, and either way they could have gotten at least one person home while still having the bases loaded. Hoping for a winning home run was probably what was meant by, "One step closer to our dream."

Despite being behind, they still had hope of being able to turn it around in an exciting last minute win. That unresolved hope made the following brawl that much more bitter.

Hope that made sense.

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » May 6th, '08, 00:42

ryoko11 wrote:
Bodhi wrote:I have a baseball question for those who've seen the first episode, about a possible error.

Remember that the bases were loaded. So if the batter could get one more good hit, they had the potential to get four runners home and win the game in the bottom of the ninth. Had the batter not reacted to being nearly hit, that had also put him one ball away from being walked. If the batter had been hit by that pitch, the result is the same as a walk, and either way they could have gotten at least one person home while still having the bases loaded. Hoping for a winning home run was probably what was meant by, "One step closer to our dream."

Despite being behind, they still had hope of being able to turn it around in an exciting last minute win. That unresolved hope made the following brawl that much more bitter.

Hope that made sense.
Thanks ryoko11 that makes a lot more sense then a production error.

Bodhi

Post by Bodhi » May 6th, '08, 00:43

ryoko11 wrote:

Hope that made sense.
Thanks ryoko11 that makes a lot more sense then a production error.

naadianaa

Post by naadianaa » May 7th, '08, 16:55

I'm watching this now.. :wub: .. and it's nice to know tht the rating has gone up a bit.... hopefully more people will realize tht this is a good drama tht's worth watching....

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 8th, '08, 23:06

naadianaa wrote:I'm watching this now.. :wub: .. and it's nice to know tht the rating has gone up a bit.... hopefully more people will realize tht this is a good drama tht's worth watching....
It went up again for episode 3! 15.4% :D

I'm seriously loving this series. :wub:

RE episode 3
Did anyone else howl at the accidental kiss they added? LOL The sound effect was just the icing on the cake, imo.

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » May 9th, '08, 22:18

just watched the first three episodes and i'm liking this drama SO much more that gokusen 3, despite aniya dubious acting.

three-ple-z

Post by three-ple-z » May 11th, '08, 02:52

it is as ryoko11 explained, it's a chance for them to turn around the game since bases are loaded. So no mistake in the translations or the production itself. :)

Romance

Post by Romance » May 11th, '08, 07:18

holy **** this drama is amazing, everything is just perfect. EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS!

Robina

Post by Robina » May 11th, '08, 14:02

This drama is soooooo COOL and it's my favorites~
and now I am addicted to the ending theme song~ Could someone tell me the name of the song and who sung it? and it would be great :cheers: if u have the full song (if it is acutally out) :D

darynrose

Post by darynrose » May 11th, '08, 14:14

Me too.... I played the song over and over again, I think my comp is already sick of it....

Song titled Kiseki by GreeeeN.

Dld link is in my blog. Click on siggie. U can find it there.

Robina

Post by Robina » May 11th, '08, 14:29

darynrose wrote:Me too.... I played the song over and over again, I think my comp is already sick of it....

Song titled Kiseki by GreeeeN.

Dld link is in my blog. Click on siggie. U can find it there.
Thanks alot but I can't download from MU :cry:
Can you uploaded in MF?

Sorry for bothering you :sweat:

darynrose

Post by darynrose » May 11th, '08, 14:38

Wait for a couple of minute then check the blog back, okay.... :-)

Robina

Post by Robina » May 11th, '08, 15:19

Arigatoooooooo~ :cheers: You made my day~ *jumps from happiness*
Now I will listen to it non-stop :cheers:

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » May 11th, '08, 21:28

If ppl here r saying its better than Gokusen 3, then i gota consider watching it. Only reason stopping me is tat i dun seem to know any of the guys here.

Romance

Post by Romance » May 12th, '08, 08:39

joykimlee wrote:If ppl here r saying its better than Gokusen 3, then i gota consider watching it. Only reason stopping me is tat i dun seem to know any of the guys here.
Shouldnt even be compared to gokusen 3 which is horrible.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » May 12th, '08, 11:53

The one guy with the small eyes and eyebrows looks really evil and scary.

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » May 16th, '08, 22:53

the synopsis is so so, but I absolutely got to watch it because of Nakao Akiyoshi, Koide Keisuke and Sato Ryuta. btw gokusen 3 is :thumbdown:

xasukax

Post by xasukax » May 17th, '08, 04:02

i think this drama is not bad... initially i'm quite reluctant to watch this drama as most of the casts i do not know.. However, i see that the rating is quite good so went to watch it.. and ya it's a worth to watch drama.. kind of similar as compared to gokusen ( a teacher who is willing to devote most of the time on students).. hmm ya gokusen 3 is getting boring as every episode or can say every season is almost the same.. the only different is the students...

Romance

Post by Romance » May 19th, '08, 10:35

Crap, next rookies wont air until 7th june!

Salz

Post by Salz » May 19th, '08, 11:43

what???????
Rookies not going to air next week????????
why???

zyrene

Post by zyrene » May 19th, '08, 12:01

yah.. this drama rocks!!! can't wait for ep3 hardsubs.... :D

Rori

Post by Rori » May 19th, '08, 16:05

Romance wrote:Crap, next rookies wont air until 7th june!
Oh, oh I'm sad now.

Especially when latest episode was probably the best out of them all.

:(

syu77

Post by syu77 » May 20th, '08, 08:32

i also like watching rookies...eventhough i watch the raw...enjoy this very much!!!

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 20th, '08, 23:56

Yeah, not sure what to do without my weekly dose of ROOKIES. :cry:

On a happier note, it's nice to see that ROOKIES is burning up the charts for this Yahoo viewer satisfaction poll they've been discussing on the Last Friends thread:

http://polls.dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/quiz ... typeFlag=2

Poll ends tomorrow. So if you wanna vote for anyone, you still have time. Nice to see ROOKIES getting so much appreciation. :wub:

Rori

Post by Rori » May 21st, '08, 17:43

ryoko11 wrote:
Not to mention, we didn't get much from the preview, just repeated clips from the ep.

There's no subs for it yet, but I'd like to know what was bothering Aniya in the early parts of episode 5.

@the poll, voted for ROOKIES when they posted it in the Last Friends thread xD

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » May 22nd, '08, 19:56

Romance wrote:
Shouldnt even be compared to gokusen 3 which is horrible.
i will take yr word... im going to dL it now.. better than Gokusen3.. darn.. if not for Haruma-chan.. :glare:

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » May 23rd, '08, 00:22

Rori wrote:
ryoko11 wrote:
Not to mention, we didn't get much from the preview, just repeated clips from the ep.

There's no subs for it yet, but I'd like to know what was bothering Aniya in the early parts of episode 5.

@the poll, voted for ROOKIES when they posted it in the Last Friends thread xD
LOL Glad to know I'm not the only one who did that. :lol

About what's going on with Aniya in Ep. 05 (from manga + what I can catch):
Okay, so the previous night Aniya was going all out practicing. The principal saw him and warned that Aniya would tire himself out doing this before a game. And they had a disagreement over the team that led to Aniya saying he was going to take it all upon himself--so that no matter how badly the rest of the team screwed up, they'd still win. It's his way of trying to protect the team. Plus, he really wants to get to Koshien.

So with the mindset of doing everything himself (One for All), Aniya is throwing as hard as he can on every pitch to make sure the rest of the team doesn't have to field any balls and can't make errors. Then he hits a homerun as hard as he can, but he's so tired that he has to walk around the bases rather than run. When he's not pitching he's resting on the bench from exhaustion, and the rest of the team thinks he's got major attitude problems.

Aniya's lack of trust is causing problems, so he has to be reminded of the true meaning of the phrase "One for All". He won't get to Koshien by himself.

shannobi

Post by shannobi » May 29th, '08, 02:41

Oh, I love this series-- I just started (like just today) and I'm at episode 3. :D

By the way, anyone watch Ninja Warrior on G4? I was shocked to see Nakao Akiyoshi there in his Rookies outfit. He didn't make to the second stage though.