Il Ji Mae (SBS, 2008)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
sad_dumpling

Il Ji Mae (SBS, 2008)

Post by sad_dumpling » Jan 26th, '08, 05:49

English Equivalence: Cherry Blossoms (Maehwa Bud)
Airs: May 2008

Cast:
Lee Jun Ki
Park Si Hu
Hahn Hyu Joo
Lee Young Ah

DramaWiki

sad_dumpling

Il Ji Mae (sbs 2008)

Post by sad_dumpling » Jan 26th, '08, 05:49

English Equivalence: Cherry Blossoms (Maehwa Bud)
Airs: May 2008

Cast:
Lee Jun Ki
Park Si Hu
Hahn Hyu Joo
Lee Young Ah

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 26th, '08, 07:47

I was going to post it next month when there are more info but u post it before at least we will enjoy a nice discussion once it air :lol & Btw u post the topic twice.. :-)

sad_dumpling

Post by sad_dumpling » Jan 29th, '08, 03:28

har har har.... my bad. i'm a newbie... forgive me T-T
if you want to organize another thread thing about this drama with better info. i
wouldn't mind :thumright:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 29th, '08, 07:29

sad_dumpling..

No need :lol once there is an update with the info of the drama I'll PM u to edit the first post.. :mrgreen: really I can't wait till April a lot of thing in April Junki drama & Kurosagi movie :wub: ..

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 29th, '08, 08:04

AH!!!! a new Jun Ki drama!!! :wub: :wub:

i can't wait until May when this airs!!!

[edit]
or April? :unsure:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jan 29th, '08, 18:35

some pix.. credit to baidu ..

Pics of childhood days with young actor/actresses and Lee Moon Shik...

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Jan 30th, '08, 00:50

I have an affinity for Korean ancient dramas and I hope this will meet up to my expectations. *fingers crossed*

but I have faith in Jun Ki, especially since he did so well in the ancient film, "The King and the Clown"~

arabian

Post by arabian » May 21st, '08, 07:23

Today it'll air on Korea, we need to bring this thread to live again.. he is Junki :lol

alkimake7

Post by alkimake7 » May 21st, '08, 19:37

does anyone know which group will be subbing this??

Rori

Post by Rori » May 21st, '08, 19:56

KST according to the Fansub map:

http://fansub.d-addicts.com/Kdrama_Fans ... Dates_2008

Bugger, TVUPlayer doesn't have the SBS channel :(

Can't wait to watch the first episode. :wub:

arabian

Post by arabian » May 22nd, '08, 07:18

Rating for Ep1.. a very good start for our beloved drama 8) :D ..

supavix

Post by supavix » May 23rd, '08, 22:29

haha, two totally different roles for Jun Ki.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 24th, '08, 18:22

I'm really looking forward to this. I really hope Lee Jun Ki does good job. Actually first episode aired couple of days ago but I still haven't watched it. I have soon lotsa pictures and it seems like a interesting drama. Iljimae would be my second historical drama. I hope it's better than Hong Gil Dong.

Heard that KST is fansubbing this one. I'm eagerly waiting for the subs.

arabian

Post by arabian » May 24th, '08, 18:59

maakopla wrote:
Heard that KST is fansubbing this one. I'm eagerly waiting for the subs.
that's drama what I was waiting for a long time & my waiting was really worth cuz on the first 2 Eps it got a very high rating , I thought the drama rating will increase by weeks & Eps.. it's gonna be a hit for this year :lol , me too still waiting the sub but I dunno for how long I'll be able to control myself to not watch the RAW, so far i was able to at least see some scans for the Eps but not the whole scans :P :D

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 25th, '08, 10:05

I just watched ep 1 with subs (KST I shall worship you lol) and boy was I disappointed :pale: Maybe I can forgive the ebginning. Of course they had to show what's Iljimae first but... :scratch: the beginning didn't capture my attention. It was dark and messy. All the sounds were like from some computer game. Actually I was wondering if I was watching drama or coputer game animation. I feel like there were too much computer animated things like birds and flower trees. Also Geum's family was maybe too sweet. I never expected to see "we are so loving and happy family" crap.

At first I was happy to see Lee Won Jong but he just doesn't suit his role. He was overacting and I think that his character doesn't fit in. The way he acts doesn't just seem like that kind of man would act. Too happy, too carefree and too much talking. Any other acting didn't convince me either. Except Jo Min Ki as Geums father. He was ok.

Plot seems complicated enough but based too much on feelings and too little on politics. Atmosphere was too realxed and not intense enough in first episode. I think they should have squeezed story telling in first episode into more compact way. Less words, less irrelevant happenings and made it more mysterious. They should have started right from childhood and made it only 1 epuispde long. I feel like this drama is not gonna be serious and intense enough and that makes me feel desperate. I don't want to see Lee Jun Ki in a flop drama. But what am I talking about? It was only first episode and I am really looking forward to when the real story starts.

I guess there will be another childhood episode. Personally I can't wait to see Lee Jun Ki acting. If his acting is only so so... boy am I gonna be sad, mad and disappointed.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 25th, '08, 10:13

But you alredy made topic for this?? http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_57523.htm

arabian

Post by arabian » May 25th, '08, 15:09

I finished ep1 a while ago>> I couldn't even have a nap peacfully all that to watch Junki's new drama >> :wub: .. I think Ep1 was fine not good & not bad, actually i don't expect too much form the first 2 Eps we need to wait till the actions begin, junki's never dissapoint his fan with any drama since MG to TBD&W & I think Iijimae too.. as we saw they show Junki only the first 10 m but in order for the audience to understand the story of course they need to go back to his childhood time to clear for us how he become like this from a high class kid to a street kid & a robber.. a childhood scenes wasn't that much boring but it was confusing to me to understand some parts specially about the woman who claimed that her son is Byun Shik when he is Lee Won Ho son she just do that to guarante that her son will live better than her as a high class person.. that makes him iijimae brother :scratch: ..
Image Image Image
I wanna share this pix for junki ..

We shouldn't forget the little kids who did really good, they actually impressed me with thier acting..
Image ImageImage Image Image
Actually all of them did very well but I think this little Eun chae she is really something even that she is such an adorable little girl but what she did in order to get LWH forgiveness was really such a good trick to lie to him in such a young age, well no wondering if BS is her father :D .. also the little Geom is sooooo cute but really smart kid to reveal those 2 evils trick toward let's say his brother :D Also I hope to see more on shinbi( her name from WL) :-) cuz she seems she grow to be a an dorable young girl .. also those 2 evils & also Ja Dol ( soo inncoent kid) 8) ..

I want to say that always the first 2 Eps is a bit boring but never give up when it comes to Junki's dramas :D ..

4everU

Post by 4everU » May 27th, '08, 20:56

maakopla wrote:I just watched ep 1 with subs (KST I shall worship you lol) and boy was I disappointed :pale: Maybe I can forgive the ebginning. Of course they had to show what's Iljimae first but... :scratch: the beginning didn't capture my attention. It was dark and messy. All the sounds were like from some computer game. Actually I was wondering if I was watching drama or coputer game animation. I feel like there were too much computer animated things like birds and flower trees. Also Geum's family was maybe too sweet. I never expected to see "we are so loving and happy family" crap.

At first I was happy to see Lee Won Jong but he just doesn't suit his role. He was overacting and I think that his character doesn't fit in. The way he acts doesn't just seem like that kind of man would act. Too happy, too carefree and too much talking. Any other acting didn't convince me either. Except Jo Min Ki as Geums father. He was ok.

Plot seems complicated enough but based too much on feelings and too little on politics. Atmosphere was too realxed and not intense enough in first episode. I think they should have squeezed story telling in first episode into more compact way. Less words, less irrelevant happenings and made it more mysterious. They should have started right from childhood and made it only 1 epuispde long. I feel like this drama is not gonna be serious and intense enough and that makes me feel desperate. I don't want to see Lee Jun Ki in a flop drama. But what am I talking about? It was only first episode and I am really looking forward to when the real story starts.

I guess there will be another childhood episode. Personally I can't wait to see Lee Jun Ki acting. If his acting is only so so... boy am I gonna be sad, mad and disappointed.
Don't worry..I think it will get way better. Junki has never disappointed his fans and don't think he will in this one..He's a great actor and every role he play he puts in all his effort.....

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 27th, '08, 22:29

It's not only about Jun Ki. This drama will have 20 episodes and if the screenwriting doesn't get better. I dunno. I will watch it until the end since I alredy started watching but I do hope it will get better. For me casting seems very promising and I hope I won't be disappointed.

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » May 27th, '08, 22:58

maakopla wrote:I just watched ep 1 with subs (KST I shall worship you lol) and boy was I disappointed :pale: Maybe I can forgive the ebginning. Of course they had to show what's Iljimae first but... :scratch: the beginning didn't capture my attention. It was dark and messy. All the sounds were like from some computer game. Actually I was wondering if I was watching drama or coputer game animation. I feel like there were too much computer animated things like birds and flower trees. Also Geum's family was maybe too sweet. I never expected to see "we are so loving and happy family" crap.

I feel the same way too. After all the hype I was expecting more. IMO, the first episode was really boring and it was hard to concentrate the whole episode and that rarely happens to me. I hope the show picks up real soon though.
I also felt that it was a bit too "high tech" for a period drama.

Basuha

I like it

Post by Basuha » May 27th, '08, 23:47

I like the first episode, it was a lot to digest but attention to detail is what I like about an drama. I don't know about all the hype regarding this drama release. I watch drama for my enjoyment and after the completion I like to share my opinion not judgment. I hope the coming episode is better for most of the viewer who commented about being disappointed, Keep in mind that one episode shouldn't determine the worth of a 20 episode drama.

arabian

Post by arabian » May 29th, '08, 11:15

I finished Ep2.. it get better specially at the last 15 m of the Ep.. Junki's grow up, he was a dork :lol when his father chased him to go to the classroom & then what he did to Bong Soon when he go reveal about then brining the women's husband >> so funny when she tried to explain to then about the thing for birth control :mrgreen: the women get nuts to bruoght it :D :P .. back to the first scenes on the Ep was really miserable to him to witness all this to his family & he was the reason for Bong Soon's brother to be killed, I think next Ep3 he'll remeber all about his past cuz those guys what they did to him & hit him all the time.. but I dunno what this woman who raised him is up to cuz she didn't treat that much good only his father do.. :-)

maakopla

Post by maakopla » May 29th, '08, 18:04

I just saw ep2. True it was a lot better than first one but still missed that something. I hope the 3rd one will be a lot better :D I wish Iljimae would be a very serious drama not concentrating much on love relationships but politics and such. I really wish plot to be intense and exciting but at the same time have good chemistry between all characters.

I really pitied Geom
First to witness his father's death, then see how his body was torn apart by horses then witness death of a good guy and after that even throw a rock at his won mother. So pitful. Then he grew up just to be bullied buy some stuoid jerks <_< If he dies at the end of the drama I swear I will take my life and follow him to protest!! His cruel fate is too sad. Though if he dies at the end that would be damn good ending. Unfair but sad and touching. An ending to remember
But what a strong kid... I really adored that small little boy.
but it was kind of lame for him to forget averything. I know it was very realistic after everything what happened but I kinda expected to see not so happy go lucky grown up Geom. I wished to see someone grown with growing hate in his heart. A really cold and dark person. I dunno why even msyelf. Somehow that's how I imagined Iljimae to be.

All kids were really good at acting. Especially little girls. Just how old were they? About 6 years? Because their voices sounded like they were really young. And when that poor little girlw as crying
because she was scared and missed her older bro
it was so touching that I almost strated crying myself. At leats my eyes got wet (proves that I still have some human feelings left).

Just how in the world did Lee Moon Shik manage to carry that safe without being noticed by guards. They alredy entered the house. That's the only thing that I was wondering about whole episode long. And I really wished for grown up Ryung be more witty or then more of a loser. but sinc ehe was so intelligent in hsi childhood he must be even more vice now. We will se ein ep 3. I am really waiting for that!! Yes, thsi drama is getting better^^

arabian

Post by arabian » May 29th, '08, 18:39

maakopla wrote: Yes, thsi drama is getting better^^
That what I was waiting to read.. so we are both think that Ep2 was better :lol . me too can't wait for Ep3.. what pissed me off was those nobles sons behavior toward him always beating him.. :glare:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » May 29th, '08, 18:46

This starts to feel like the period drama version of TODAW which isnt a bad thing. At least its a million times better than the horrible Hong Gil Dong :roll

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » May 29th, '08, 18:52

I agree that it got better in ep 2 in the last 15 minutes or so. I do hope it gets better as the episodes progresses :)

Rori

Post by Rori » May 30th, '08, 06:40

Some people didn't like the first two episode, huh?

When I heard the read the first two episodes were about his childhood I was a bit disappointed, well wasn't looking forward to it as much, but I really enjoyed them (currently watching ep 2 with subs now) Not that there was anything to enjoy given the story but I wasn't disappointed at all.

Was impressed with first two episodes, was a bonus to see Junki at the end of episode 2, and can't wait for episode 3. (Which I'm downloading at the minute, Veoh has the episodes uploaded quicker that Daddicts it seems)

arabian

Post by arabian » May 30th, '08, 08:11

ILJIMAE MOVING TOWARDS BREAKING THE 20% BARRIER.. :w00t:
SBS “Iljimae” continued its steady climb with the 20% barrier in sight last night.

According to TNS Media Korea, “Iljimae” got 19.0% last night and was higher than its previous episode by 1.4 percentile, with the 20% barrier in sight. Not just that, since it’s opening episode, the ratings has been steadily rising leaving the other competing dramas in the same timeslot in its wake.

MBC “Spotlight” also saw a small increase in its ratings by 0.7%, obtaining 12.9% last night. But the increase was insignificant considering that it’s likely to play second fiddle to “Iljimae” now and highly unlikely to surpass it in future.

On the same day, KBS broadcast the first episode of its new drama, “Woman of the Sun” but it only got 6.8%. Compared to its predecessor drama, “Three Dads and One Mum” which had 9.1% in its final episode, it’s not really an ideal rating by any means with plenty of room for improvement.

source: coolsmurf

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » May 30th, '08, 18:36

After finishing the second episode I must say I liked both the first and the second ep alot. I think most people are sceptical because of the first 15 minutes. But I don't think the drama will be over the top like that later on...they just made that part for introduction of the legend iljimae. Besides that the first two episodes were really great setting the mood. Being slow is a good thing in my books because it sets the mood for later events and makes the impact greater. And besides that the music and cinematography were really nice...my favorite music score in a kdrama since TWSSG. :roll (I think the composer on this drama was a Japanese too just like TWSSG)
Last edited by WroW on May 30th, '08, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

bean

Post by bean » May 30th, '08, 18:40

Argh!!! NO! Can anyone tell me where to dl Iljamae with subtitle?????? I really wanna watch junki acting!

Pls....

arabian

Post by arabian » May 30th, '08, 18:47

bean wrote:Argh!!! NO! Can anyone tell me where to dl Iljamae with subtitle?????? I really wanna watch junki acting!

Pls....
u can download the RAW file from WITHS2 CB & the sub u'll find it here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_61740.htm

bean

Post by bean » May 31st, '08, 08:00

Oic, thank you, thank you.. I watched ep 1 and its ok.. Quite nice. hehe.

4everU

Post by 4everU » May 31st, '08, 21:50

Hehehehee...i just finished episode 2 and it's getting really good. I realized that i want the other girl from golden bride, Lee Young Ah to be with junki badly. they both make a way cuter couple and i like her character better. i love the other girl to and she is one of my favorite actresses, however in here i don't think she makes a good couple with him. I hope both junki and lee young Ah end up together! Plus they met each other first.....

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » May 31st, '08, 22:32

4everU wrote:Hehehehee...i just finished episode 2 and it's getting really good. I realized that i want the other girl from golden bride, Lee Young Ah to be with junki badly. they both make a way cuter couple and i like her character better. i love the other girl to and she is one of my favorite actresses, however in here i don't think she makes a good couple with him. I hope both junki and lee young Ah end up together! Plus they met each other first.....
Well its a Kdrama and with that predictable so that romance won't happen :P

bean

Post by bean » Jun 1st, '08, 11:42

Erm, i got a question here.. Is the girl who play eun chae is the main lead in spring waltz? Coz their name is same but face totally different !

I watched until episode 2 too. Its nice! N it was sad at the beginning. Looking forward for ep3 sub. hehe/ :-) [/i]

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 1st, '08, 11:44

bean wrote:Erm, i got a question here.. Is the girl who play eun chae is the main lead in spring waltz? Coz their name is same but face totally different !

I watched until episode 2 too. Its nice! N it was sad at the beginning. Looking forward for ep3 sub. hehe/ :-) [/i]
yes she is, Not that much different but more beautiful :mrgreen:

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Jun 1st, '08, 18:08

bean wrote:Erm, i got a question here.. Is the girl who play eun chae is the main lead in spring waltz? Coz their name is same but face totally different !
Yeah its the same, I think she a lot thinner now then she was in SW :)
Last edited by neokenzo on Jun 2nd, '08, 12:52, edited 1 time in total.

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » Jun 2nd, '08, 12:42

I watched the first 2 episodes of Iljimae and it was really good ! I'm looking forward !
But am I the only one who think Lee Young Ah has a really weird face ? :scratch:

bean

Post by bean » Jun 2nd, '08, 13:08

yunizuka wrote:I watched the first 2 episodes of Iljimae and it was really good ! I'm looking forward !
But am I the only one who think Lee Young Ah has a really weird face ? :scratch:
Ya, junki acting is quite good so far. But i like TODNW more. Oh, can i noe who is Lee Young Ah? what drama she have been acting for? She look pretty for me but ofcoz han hyo joo is prettier den her. Juz my opinion.

Hope the sub for ep 3 will out soon. Erk, usually how long will they finish sub one ep? Mind to tell me, coz i dowan owez on9 juz to check the sub.. :P

yunizuka

Post by yunizuka » Jun 2nd, '08, 19:09

@ Bean : I'm currently watching Time Between Dog and Wolf and yea he's really great there ! Plus the story is really good and I love Jung Kyung Ho :wub: I remember seeing him in MiSa and it was the only reason for me to keep watching this drama because it was really boring...anyway about Lee Young Ah she was in Golden Bride but I haven't watched it yet.

As for the subs, waiting is the better option. Subbers are quite busy and they're enough kind to share subs with us :D

asdfghj

Post by asdfghj » Jun 2nd, '08, 22:49

wen i watvhed the first 2 ep...especially ep 1...i lost hope that this drama will be good....but after watchin ep 3 n 4...it has promise of being good.....will see as we go along a hope the writers dnt do anything with the characters to kill my drama spirit...lol

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Jun 6th, '08, 11:47

Ep4 was great but since that ep5 and 6 have really become boring...I hope they pick up some action soon and maybe extend the drama for a few episodes so the ending won't get rushed.

Devilmaycry876

Post by Devilmaycry876 » Jun 6th, '08, 16:12

best drama this year so far =]

toasted_cream

Post by toasted_cream » Jun 7th, '08, 14:33

I'm afraid I have to agree. And I say "I'm afraid" because I was looking forward to this drama. I, as I'm sure many people choosing to watch this drama, really like the historically based dramas - even if it's only loosely based but I couldn't get past the first 10-15 minutes of it. I know I should watch it all the way through and judge it properly after at least one whole episode or even two but I just felt like I'd actually be wasting my time. If the first scene (which IS supposed to summarize what the drama's about and what to expect) was as it was I just don't want to see the rest.

Of what I saw I didn't mind the wire action or even the quite blatant CG effects, but the fact that this so-called-robber, blending in with the night and is incredibly agile and intelligent in this field could NOT BE SEEN in the blatant "moonlight" effect on the scene. Now I know that in dramas they like to put characters in the same room to witness something or even not witness the blatant something for effect and tension etc. But if Iljimae was bouncing around above the heads of the guards that - if there's only one entrance inside the court, would be looking maybe higher or lower. Which I initially forgave because I put it all down to the fact that they just wanted him to look cool. Fine. But then he took out his MAGICAL BLANKET to cover him while he used explosives to get inside....BUH? Sooo many questions! Why didn't you just use the blanket first of all? Why didn't they hear anything? Surely if you were that closely exposed to explosives you'd get hurt somehow - let's not teach our children this [wow now I'm just preaching lol]

But when this scene ended we see such stereotypical imagery of flowers and poetry that just made me cringe. I just think the screenplay was clumsy and I just think if you're going to have all that action with the wire action and CGI don't skimp on the finish and overlook basic chinks in the wall.

I'm sorry to everyone who likes this drama - I'm not trying to sway any ones opinion or just rant. I just wanted to see if anyone else shared my opinions, I'm just....breaking up with this drama and I had such high hopes for it [bites lip and waves away the tears]

FBPPrelude

Post by FBPPrelude » Jun 9th, '08, 12:35

Devilmaycry876 wrote:best drama this year so far =]

:|

Too early to tell. There's only 4 episodes subbed. I say Hong Gil Dong is still the best so far. :mrgreen:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 11th, '08, 18:13

Iljimae OST :-)

1. Lonely Footsteps
2. The Flower's Message
3. Plum Blossoms
4. Fate
5. Red Shadow
6. Following Fate's Calling
7. Black Swamp
8. Heroic Thief Iljimae
9. Gingko Hillside
10. Plum Blossom (Orchestra version)
11. The Warbler
12. Song of Goodbye in the Mountains
13. Lonely Footsteps (Guitar Version)
14. Fate-given Opponent
15. Reminiscence
16. A Child's Love
17. Wanderer in the Dark
18. The Unseen Enemy
19. Fate (Orchestra version)
20. The Flower's Message (Orchestra version)

Download links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FDN23KYD (credit to bashful harmony)

P1: http://www.mediafire.com/?13di2liumk2

P2: http://www.mediafire.com/?gjndw4gdivw (credit to kaory72)

Song titles translations credit to sevenses @ soompi

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 11th, '08, 18:45

^ Wow, Thanks a ton! <3

Korean drama OST's are seriously fast, huh? :lol

Watched most of the eps so far, and there are a few tracks I like.

4everU

Post by 4everU » Jun 14th, '08, 14:09

toasted_cream wrote:

I'm afraid I have to agree. And I say "I'm afraid" because I was looking forward to this drama. I, as I'm sure many people choosing to watch this drama, really like the historically based dramas - even if it's only loosely based but I couldn't get past the first 10-15 minutes of it. I know I should watch it all the way through and judge it properly after at least one whole episode or even two but I just felt like I'd actually be wasting my time. If the first scene (which IS supposed to summarize what the drama's about and what to expect) was as it was I just don't want to see the rest.

Of what I saw I didn't mind the wire action or even the quite blatant CG effects, but the fact that this so-called-robber, blending in with the night and is incredibly agile and intelligent in this field could NOT BE SEEN in the blatant "moonlight" effect on the scene. Now I know that in dramas they like to put characters in the same room to witness something or even not witness the blatant something for effect and tension etc. But if Iljimae was bouncing around above the heads of the guards that - if there's only one entrance inside the court, would be looking maybe higher or lower. Which I initially forgave because I put it all down to the fact that they just wanted him to look cool. Fine. But then he took out his MAGICAL BLANKET to cover him while he used explosives to get inside....BUH? Sooo many questions! Why didn't you just use the blanket first of all? Why didn't they hear anything? Surely if you were that closely exposed to explosives you'd get hurt somehow - let's not teach our children this [wow now I'm just preaching lol]

But when this scene ended we see such stereotypical imagery of flowers and poetry that just made me cringe. I just think the screenplay was clumsy and I just think if you're going to have all that action with the wire action and CGI don't skimp on the finish and overlook basic chinks in the wall.

I'm sorry to everyone who likes this drama - I'm not trying to sway any ones opinion or just rant. I just wanted to see if anyone else shared my opinions, I'm just....breaking up with this drama and I had such high hopes for it [bites lip and waves away the tears]
No..Problem honey...everyone has there own opinion...so don't worry no one hates you...only LOVE.....and for me i am loving the drama, however i know i won't like the ending since junki won't end up with Lee Young Ah...and I think she is very pretty and a very sweet actress who knows how to act. I like her more than Hahn Hyu Joo...even though she is one of my favorite actresses as well.

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Jun 14th, '08, 14:59

I thought the animations at the beginning when Iljimae was swinging and jumping on the roof top was annoying and unreal also. It would have been great if it real and not substitute for anime. Other then that I thought the drama was pretty good overall. I can't wait to see what's store for me next.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 16th, '08, 04:51

I've seen two episodes and so far, I think it's really quite..lame. I'm not even talking about the first fifteen minutes of it. I'm getting the feeling that Iljimae wants to be like Hong Gil Dong so badly...it makes me feel almost sorry for the show. I could tell Iljimae's childhood story was trying very, very hard to be dramatic and scandalous and everything..but all it did was make me roll my eyes every five minutes. And when we (finally) got to the thirteen year jump, the immediate mood change from tragic to comedic completely caught me off guard. It just didn't make any sense to me. Two things I like about the drama: Lee Young Ah, and its killer soundtrack. I have yet to see Han Hyo Joo and she is now the only reason I'm gonna keep watching.

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Jun 17th, '08, 08:40

fizzlex3mh wrote:I've seen two episodes and so far, I think it's really quite..lame. I'm not even talking about the first fifteen minutes of it. I'm getting the feeling that Iljimae wants to be like Hong Gil Dong so badly...it makes me feel almost sorry for the show. I could tell Iljimae's childhood story was trying very, very hard to be dramatic and scandalous and everything..but all it did was make me roll my eyes every five minutes. And when we (finally) got to the thirteen year jump, the immediate mood change from tragic to comedic completely caught me off guard. It just didn't make any sense to me. Two things I like about the drama: Lee Young Ah, and its killer soundtrack. I have yet to see Han Hyo Joo and she is now the only reason I'm gonna keep watching.
I totally agree. I don't want to compare Iljimae to HGD but I cannot not compare. In HGD main character wasn't just some loser but in iljmae they really took that usual path. Honestly I'm really fed up with these from loser to hero stories because it's like that every time. I just watched ep 2 and 4. I gotta say that it's too dramatic for Ryong. I mean, he is getting beaten up every 5 minutes. This drama doesn't have balance between humor aand seriousness which makes it seem a bit rocky. Also plot seems loose. It doesn't have intense side and ep 2-4 seemed like fillers. Why did they make Ryong lose his memory if they were gonna give it back to him just like that so soon. Wouldn't it be more interesting for him to remember bit by bit.

Yeah, plot seems lame but acting is good. I like Park Shi Hoo. He is good and he is hot. When he took his clothes off in fighting scene I was like WHOA! <3 I also like Han Hyo Joo. She is very pretty, her voice is beautiful and she sure can act. Lee Jun Ki is good too. I still dunno if I like him or don't in the drama since I dunno if I like Ryong. His character is not very clear. But Jun Ki's crying scene in ep 4 was good.

Iljimae has some beautiful scenes like when Shi Hoo walked beside Eun Chae's footsteps as if he was walking beside her. Ah, so romatic. And the way Ryong remembered his past. The scene was really great.

fizzlex3mh

Post by fizzlex3mh » Jun 17th, '08, 14:08

maakopla wrote: I like Park Shi Hoo. He is good and he is hot.
So I've heard :P Park Shi Hoo didn't come out in the first two episodes, but I will be watching for that fight scene. :-)

jinloh

Post by jinloh » Jun 26th, '08, 22:22

:P Just wondering, will the other episodes continued to be uploaded onto d-addicts torrent?
Tried aigoo for episode 7 onwards but doesn't work for me.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 27th, '08, 08:15

jinloh wrote::P Just wondering, will the other episodes continued to be uploaded onto d-addicts torrent?
Tried aigoo for episode 7 onwards but doesn't work for me.
why don't u try to PM the person who upload it.. maybe he or she stopped uploading currently till KST release subs for the Eps till 10..

jinloh

Post by jinloh » Jun 27th, '08, 08:29

Tx, will do.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 29th, '08, 07:55

babyxdorkii

Post by babyxdorkii » Jun 29th, '08, 08:10

hi i have problem loading the subs (ep 5 and 6) i notice that the file size for 5/6 are like double compare to ep 1-4...does anyone can change the format or make it play...i use all the playesr on my comp but doesn't work (bsplayer, media classic player, windows player)

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 29th, '08, 10:29

babyxdorkii wrote:hi i have problem loading the subs (ep 5 and 6) i notice that the file size for 5/6 are like double compare to ep 1-4...does anyone can change the format or make it play...i use all the playesr on my comp but doesn't work (bsplayer, media classic player, windows player)
It didn't work with Gom Player but it works fine to me with media player & Nero show time I just watched the first 5 minutes..

blog234

Post by blog234 » Jun 29th, '08, 23:52

babyxdorkii wrote:hi i have problem loading the subs (ep 5 and 6) i notice that the file size for 5/6 are like double compare to ep 1-4...does anyone can change the format or make it play...i use all the playesr on my comp but doesn't work (bsplayer, media classic player, windows player)
Open in Notepad.
Go to File, Save As.
For Encoding, choose ANSI.
Last edited by blog234 on Jul 2nd, '08, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jun 30th, '08, 03:58

can anyone upload episode 7-latest on the tracker?? there are 7-10 pending but the uploader is gone it seems -_-

xxmikeyxx

Post by xxmikeyxx » Jun 30th, '08, 04:49

I'm pretty sure this drama has been put on hold untold further notice on d-addicts. I THINK someone correct me if I'm wrong.....

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Jun 30th, '08, 04:58

it soo sad that someone LOCKED this drama and now we can't watch it anymore. I really hope they will reopen the thread so we can continued watching, i've been crazy lately with nothing to watch. Please and thank you.

emmapeel

Post by emmapeel » Jun 30th, '08, 05:08

I've just uploaded 7 and 8, so we'll see if they make it out of pending. :-)

blog234

Post by blog234 » Jul 2nd, '08, 21:11

neokenzo

Post by neokenzo » Jul 2nd, '08, 21:24

blog234 wrote:http://krfilm.net/f/t-19392-1-1-sbs-200 ... h-sub-ep08
^ 7 and 8 subs are out
Thanks for the heads up :)

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 3rd, '08, 07:54

Finally Ep7 & 8 released.. wanna know what will happen to Junki's sister..

chhiku3top

Post by chhiku3top » Jul 3rd, '08, 08:15

I am totally confused abt this iljimae subs. I seems that I need to download from megaupload e subs from eph5. What is megaupload actually. How to download from mega and is it free like d-addicts?
Then there is another site to download - from krfilm.net. Can somebody enlighten me. Do I have to download e future subs from these 2 sites? Thanks.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 3rd, '08, 09:54

chhiku3top wrote:I am totally confused abt this iljimae subs. I seems that I need to download from megaupload e subs from eph5. What is megaupload actually. How to download from mega and is it free like d-addicts?
Then there is another site to download - from krfilm.net. Can somebody enlighten me. Do I have to download e future subs from these 2 sites? Thanks.
Hopedully this will help u.. :D

P.S: use winrar to unzip the files..
Attachments
Iljimae EngSub Ep5-8.rar
(84.74 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 3rd, '08, 10:40

Click on the link. If you are not a member of MU, you will have to wait 45sec or thereabout. No problem.

chhiku3top

Post by chhiku3top » Jul 4th, '08, 05:48

Thanks arabian for e 5-8 subs. Does this mean that for e future subs I have to check this post rather than the usual d-addicts page.
Dear lucypgng, forgive me for being blur, I have registered myself as a member of megaupload but I cant find the link to iljimae. Pls advise. Thanks

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 4th, '08, 07:47

chhiku3top wrote:Thanks arabian for e 5-8 subs. Does this mean that for e future subs I have to check this post rather than the usual d-addicts page.
Dear lucypgng, forgive me for being blur, I have registered myself as a member of megaupload but I cant find the link to iljimae. Pls advise. Thanks
Yes either check this topic or check thier site..

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 4th, '08, 12:51

MU is a depository of other peoples' files. To get a sub from KST website or the direct link from Aigoo, first go to their websites and click on the relevant links. The links will take you to MU. If you are signed onto MU as a member, you wait around 20 sec, but if not, about 45 (or 49?) sec. If you are not a premium member (paid member) the file size you are allowed to download is limited (not sure what it is, since I am a premium member). Then there are certain countries like Malaysia where people find it almost impossible to gain access to MU- no matter what the file size - unless through paid membership.
chhiku3top wrote:Thanks arabian for e 5-8 subs. Does this mean that for e future subs I have to check this post rather than the usual d-addicts page.

chhiku3top

Thanks for the information.

Post by chhiku3top » Jul 6th, '08, 17:26

lucypcng wrote:MU is a depository of other peoples' files. To get a sub from KST website or the direct link from Aigoo, first go to their websites and click on the relevant links. The links will take you to MU. If you are signed onto MU as a member, you wait around 20 sec, but if not, about 45 (or 49?) sec. If you are not a premium member (paid member) the file size you are allowed to download is limited (not sure what it is, since I am a premium member). Then there are certain countries like Malaysia where people find it almost impossible to gain access to MU- no matter what the file size - unless through paid membership.

xxmikeyxx

Post by xxmikeyxx » Jul 7th, '08, 20:20

Hey thanks for the giving us the links for the subs. I was wondering if anyone has fixed the syntax error for 1720 on ep7 and 198 on ep8 so that it will play the movie w/subs for WMP? I know it works on other player but i was just wondering if anyone has fixed those two sub files. Thanks

-Mikey