[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » May 20th, '08, 20:54

love the new single thats out, but im still looking for the POL Sad version....anyone else know what Im talking about? the really really sad instrumental one! i hope LF comes out with an OST!! :wub:

Rori

Post by Rori » May 20th, '08, 20:59

Is the... er, fast version on the single?

It's the one that played at the end of Ep06. REALLY love this version. Played it over a few times.

edit Never mind, I got it. It's actually the Quiet Version on the single zD
Last edited by Rori on May 20th, '08, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

roon

Post by roon » May 20th, '08, 22:28

^Yuuki wrote: Oh yeah, vote for Last Friends! (ラスト・フレンズ(フジテレビ系))
http://polls.dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/quiz ... typeFlag=2
これまでの放送で満足度が一番高い民放の2008年春ドラマはどれですか?
Which 2008 drama gives you the highest level of satisfaction so far? (simply put, which is the best)
Poll ends tomorrow and LF is at 2nd spot. Kinda hard to catch up to er...ROOKIES but vote anyways~
Voted! I doubt it'll get much higher, but I'm glad it's at #2.

LOL @ the illustration of the cast.

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » May 21st, '08, 00:09

This is really not turning out like I want it too, where is the eri love?

Well I have resisted for 6 episodes, but I shall resist no more. *starts fanboy rant*They hav e a wii in the sharehouse!!!! they were playing mario kart on wii, I f-ing love that !!! Screw the drama, screw the DV, they are playing wii!!!!!!*ends fanboy rant*

Well I wish that takeru just said "that quote" to take ruka's mind off of michiru. I think he understands her "true feelings", but at the same time, why would she have to "confess" like that? Anyways, I'm am done thinking about this series, as its not going my way (max eri exposure), so I'm just along for the ride now. And 71 pages and we are only on episode 6 is sickening. Why wasn't this drama given sub-threads? It is growing ridiculously fast... but I'm very glad to see more juri fans!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 21st, '08, 04:26

fayenatic: Yep! They're releasing a soundtrack!! How can they not? They've even got S.E.N.S up their sleeve to help them out and they do good background music (the emotional kind) - i love them! Here's the official site introducing the OST and THEY'VE UPDATED IT!!! We can now preview the ENTIRE soundtrack!!! HAHA Before there were only 2 tracks.

http://www.emimusic.jp/foozay/last_friends/

Good thing you raised it otherwise I wouldn't have checked the site again!! hahaha

Oh and to the cup/mug lovers: Ruka's mug was available on Fuji TV's webshop a few days ago but it's SOLD OUT AGAIN!!! Aaaaah!!! I just want her mug!?! Why is it so hard to get???

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 21st, '08, 05:40

The "POL (Quiet Version)" and the karaoke version is just HEAVENLY....now can't wait til the OST comes out with the POL instrumental version.

Thanks for the link to preview the OST sleepyzzz

I guess it's a little ridiculous to keep up with 71 pages...then again I am fine with it. Probably because I try to keep up with this thread almost every friggin day! I can be so tired and drained from work, but this thread totally revitalizes me. What are we to do once this drama ends??? :O

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » May 21st, '08, 05:46

waitt when is eri~my love being aired..? hmm if it's on demand will ppl still be able to get it? hehee

do u guys know who the person w/o a picture on the Correlation Chart of Last Friends' dramawiki page is? i read something about a lil boy...? who's that.. the kid he met at the playground last ep? was it the same boy he met at the playground in ep1?

andd GROSSS about takeru's stalker.. anyone have spoilers on wat reallyy happened b/wn them?

last friends is so freaking good! haha ppl are saying the domestic violence is getting old but it really gets me tense and scared haha.. it was definitely the hook to get ppl interested. now the core emotional problems are coming out but showing that at the beginning wouldn't've attracted as much attention..

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 21st, '08, 14:50

Must say, though I really did love the whole start of this drama, I can feel my enthusiasm fading. Emotional/touching scenes are good but I really want a pure straight happy scene between Ruka and Michiru. Not just a small window of happiness in the park but a long one like one genuine deep hug between Ruka and Michiru....*sigh* that would be nice. If only they will let Ruka honestly show her feelings. But we all know that's not going to happen. I think ep 7 is going to be one of the worst ones for Ruka. That shower scene looks baaaaaad....... :-(

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '08, 15:18

sleepyzzz wrote:Must say, though I really did love the whole start of this drama, I can feel my enthusiasm fading. Emotional/touching scenes are good but I really want a pure straight happy scene between Ruka and Michiru. Not just a small window of happiness in the park but a long one like one genuine deep hug between Ruka and Michiru....*sigh* that would be nice. If only they will let Ruka honestly show her feelings. But we all know that's not going to happen. I think ep 7 is going to be one of the worst ones for Ruka. That shower scene looks baaaaaad....... :-(
I feel the same way... Every episode seems to only scratch the surface and never dig deeper, leaving me perpetually unsatisfied.

They need to resolve something in this drama instead of waiting until the last episode... :sweat:

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 21st, '08, 15:25

bmwracer wrote:
sleepyzzz wrote:Must say, though I really did love the whole start of this drama, I can feel my enthusiasm fading. Emotional/touching scenes are good but I really want a pure straight happy scene between Ruka and Michiru. Not just a small window of happiness in the park but a long one like one genuine deep hug between Ruka and Michiru....*sigh* that would be nice. If only they will let Ruka honestly show her feelings. But we all know that's not going to happen. I think ep 7 is going to be one of the worst ones for Ruka. That shower scene looks baaaaaad....... :-(
I feel the same way... Every episode seems to only scratch the surface and never dig deeper, leaving me perpetually unsatisfied.

They need to resolve something in this drama instead of waiting until the last episode... :sweat:
You guys don't like angst and longing?! That stuff is my life! (literally) :|

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 21st, '08, 18:23

I just wanna know who's baby it is.... >_> LOL Right now at least.

No happy endings.
No one ends up with someone.
Just solitude and a baby.

D:

I watch waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many lifetime movies.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 21st, '08, 18:50

magicmusic wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

I don't mind that... I'm just sick of appetizers: Where's the main course?? :scratch:

Edielen

Post by Edielen » May 21st, '08, 20:42

I've enjoyed this drama very, very much.
I usually watch comedies, but since two of my favourite actors,
Eita and Juri, are in this drama...I couldn't pass on watching it.

Personally, I didn't like the first episode because of the whole baby-thing and etc.
If that is how the drama will end, Im not gonna like it at all.
I demand a happy ending! xD

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » May 21st, '08, 21:34

I feel sorry for Ruka in this episode (6).
The thing about Ruka’s sexuality is really torturous. The hardest thing is to tell your family about it. But the saddest thing is, not being able to talk about it to one of your friends. I think, even if your family couldn’t accept it, but knowing that you have friends who accept you and know what you really are and feel, makes life easier and bearable.

(I apologize to Takeru's fans, but...) You have the worse timing, Takeru

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 21st, '08, 22:21

bmwracer wrote:
magicmusic wrote:
bmwracer wrote: I feel the same way... Every episode seems to only scratch the surface and never dig deeper, leaving me perpetually unsatisfied.

I don't mind that... I'm just sick of appetizers: Where's the main course?? :scratch:
LF is only half-way through. If they resolve even a few issues now, then people would have nothing to come back to week after week. Even though this is a drama it should function like a film. Introduce the characters and conflict in the first 3rd, spend the second 3rd working towards a resolution, and finally resolve the conflict only slightly before the end.

Seeing as how there are many conflicts and storylines going on here, I think the writers are doing a decent job of giving us puzzle pieces each week. At episode 7 things seem to move away from Michiru going back to Sousuke at least. We are going to see more of what is going on with Takeru and Ruka will be forced to make some decisions.

I don't know what you want by a "main course." Have you ever watched a movie wherein the conflict was resolved halfway through? Hell no! Who'd stick around for the end?

belleza

Post by belleza » May 22nd, '08, 06:06

Where Last Friends is not as good is when it tries to push the plot. Psycho Boyfriend becomes a cartoon of a domestic aggressor, and the other characters react almost mathematically. (Ruka says "he bad!" Takeru looks "thoughtful" Michiru makes "wrong choice number 15)."

However when Last Friends is good, the story beautifully, beautifully articulates Ruka's gender/existential dilemna by not patronizing her personal conflicts within the geometry of a love triangle. It's not at the level of a Shunji Iwai film in its piercing honesty or droll wit (and of course it would be unrealistic to expect so) , but Takeru, Michiru and Eri are also expressed with a lyrical touch and wellput pause. The show knows when to stop to let a moment sink in. Per episode, the generational mosaic is not so much a puzzle being complete, but one complete picture becoming clearer. That is, each episode we begin to see them for more who they really are and what they may yet become.

The quieter the show, the more you can hear the deep beating of hearts longing for change.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 22nd, '08, 11:50

Yeh~ I hear ya Belleza. Love Letter is my favourite Shunji Iwai film ever. =) The quiet moments speaks the loudest eh? For Last Friends, I still feel that the acting and writing is getting better by the episode. I think the initial excitement might be fading a little because we're now in the pool instead of just gingerly testing out the waters. We're getting used to the pace and more familiar with the characters that it's harder to surprise us now. But the puzzle analogy is true enough. We already have the frame to work on since the beginning of episode 1. Just need to fill it with the pieces from each episode. Dunno if I wanna look at the finish product though...haha.

zaq

Post by zaq » May 22nd, '08, 13:58

Been following this tread for some time now... and just finished watching EP 6... sorry i meant EP 7
and I just want to RANT...
DONT TELL ME THEY KILLED SOUSUKE JUST LIKE THAT???? :shocked: What a contradicting scene to die.... the bad guy getting killed by doing such a heroic deed... I wish he is still alive... i still want to see his reaction when he knows that Michiru is pregnant.. :pray:
Last edited by zaq on May 22nd, '08, 14:59, edited 2 times in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 22nd, '08, 14:25

zaq wrote:Been following this tread for some time now... and just finished watching EP 6...
DONT TELL ME THEY KILLED SOUSUKE JUST LIKE THAT???? :shocked: What a contradicting scene to die.... the bad guy getting killed by doing such a heroic deed... I wish he is still alive... i still want to see his reaction when he knows that Michiru is pregnant.. :pray:
What the heck are you talking about??? :scratch:

"Heroic Deed??" :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Are you watching the same drama as everyone else?

zaq

Post by zaq » May 22nd, '08, 14:31

bmwracer wrote:
zaq wrote:Been following this tread for some time now... and just finished watching EP 6...

sorry i meant episode 7... the one that just finished a while ago..
well if saving that kid from an in coming train is not a heroic deed, that what do you call it? :glare:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 22nd, '08, 14:34

Er, what kinda different dimension Last Friends are you watching? O_o;
Die? killed? heroic?? Is yours with an extended preview or something? How weird.
Edited: Ah, episode 7...see, you made me click on a spoiler! >_< But hey if he's gonna xxx...^_^

Btw, I'm out of things to rant that I've started to rant in Ruka's POV...does that count as fanfic? LOL. Maybe I should post it somewhere...
Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 22nd, '08, 14:38, edited 2 times in total.

xmiyax
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by xmiyax » May 22nd, '08, 14:34

Ep 7
yeah they are trying to make that Psycho a hero and Poor Ruka she saw them :|

zaq

Post by zaq » May 22nd, '08, 14:37

^Yuuki wrote:
Er, what kinda different dimension Last Friends are you watching? O_o;
Die? killed? heroic?? Is yours with an extended preview or something? How weird.

Btw, I'm out of things to rant that I've started to rant in Ruka's POV...does that count as fanfic? LOL. Maybe I should post it somewhere...
as i stated above i meant episode 7... which i guess most haven't watched yet... since it just finished..

well i just hope what happened in the end will push ratings up again...

airskape

Post by airskape » May 22nd, '08, 14:51

damn..i read that spoiler as well thinking it was for ep 6 lol
oh well

Meecha

Post by Meecha » May 22nd, '08, 14:51

ep 7
oh my Takeru and Michiru looks just like a couple from behind
bad timing Ruka, what a convenient time to left your phone at home :|
sooo... Takeru is hearbroken by Ruka :cry:
i felt so sorry for Ruka :cry:
don't know what to think anymore, there are just so many problems in this episode :salut:

haruko17

Post by haruko17 » May 22nd, '08, 14:55

crazypilovee wrote:waitt when is eri~my love being aired..? hmm if it's on demand will ppl still be able to get it? hehee

do u guys know who the person w/o a picture on the Correlation Chart of Last Friends' dramawiki page is? i read something about a lil boy...? who's that.. the kid he met at the playground last ep? was it the same boy he met at the playground in ep1?

andd GROSSS about takeru's stalker.. anyone have spoilers on wat reallyy happened b/wn them?
its going to be aired right after the last episode of last friends. it will be free for an hour following, but after that you gotta pay.

the person without a picture is the little boy, same from both playgrounds. you can tell from the name.

takeru's "stalker":
in my opinion i think its pretty obvious that takeru's older sister, or watever she is, sexually abused takeru when he was a child

zaq

Post by zaq » May 22nd, '08, 15:00

nikita wrote:Ep 7
yeah they are trying to make that Psycho a hero and Poor Ruka she saw them :|
i guess it figures that they leaned on each other for comfort...
since Ruka is currently distant to both of them

zaq

Post by zaq » May 22nd, '08, 15:05

haruko17 wrote: takeru's "stalker":
in my opinion i think its pretty obvious that takeru's older sister, or watever she is, sexually abused takeru when he was a child
i think so too...
just the way they focused the how she carried the child takeru gives you that idea... this drama really has a lot of issues...

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 22nd, '08, 15:07

Not clicking those anymore~ Eheh. =P

Episode 7 can be watched here:
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080522_761.html (Part 1)
http://fourlc.com/channel1/5/08fh/20080522_762.html (Part 2)

zaq

Post by zaq » May 22nd, '08, 15:10

^Yuuki wrote:Not clicking those anymore~ Eheh. =P

sorry for the typo... anyways... thanks for the links... i want to watch it again.. hehehe :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 22nd, '08, 15:47

zaq wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

sorry i meant episode 7... the one that just finished a while ago..
well if saving that kid from an in coming train is not a heroic deed, that what do you call it? :glare:
Well, you were talking about Episode 6, not 7... How were any of us supposed to know? :scratch:

And you could at least edit your previous post and make the correction so that others aren't misled.... :sweat:

haruko17

Post by haruko17 » May 22nd, '08, 16:35

^Yuuki wrote:Not clicking those anymore~ Eheh. =P

yaay~ thanks soo much,
alot of the veoh ones have disappeared
and i dont have bittorrent

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 22nd, '08, 17:01

Heheh, those that haven't watch yet, you can count on me to provide some pretty distractions. The following is for Eita/Takeru fans:

From the latest issue of JUNON(Masami and Juri was in the previous one):

Salz

Post by Salz » May 22nd, '08, 17:27

thanks for the mags :D
Eita super cute :wub:
it would be great if Juri and Eita have photoshoot together :roll
in the group shoot there is always Masami stand next to Eita and in promotion on tv it is either MasamiJuri or EitaMasami....
i need more EitaJuri moment

shanemcgregor03

Post by shanemcgregor03 » May 22nd, '08, 17:35

i'm a fan of Ueno Juri since Nodame Cantabile....
I've read about her from Wikipedia... she really can play the piano.....
I like her alot

ilovereg

Post by ilovereg » May 22nd, '08, 18:01

THIS IS A POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR EPISODE 7.

i don't think sousuke is dead. he might have met an accident but he isn't just dead yet (we still have until ep 11 to find out who died a tragic death in accordance to michiru's narration).

for me, he is possibly alive because as seen in the preview, i think the kid that sousuke has been meeting was shown to be giving something to michiru in what looks like a scene in the frontage of the share house. i don't think that it is possible for what seems like an 8 year old kid to find out the whereabouts of michiru without having sousuke around. the kid, as far as the episodes are showing us, has never met or had any encounter with michiru.

i think it will be lame if sousuke's character ended in that way.it will be way too sudden. i have faith that the writers are intelligent and sensitive enough to realize that they have built such a mysterious character in sousuke and they cannot leave it like that. there has to be some resolution or explanation on why sousuke is like that.they put the issue of DV in last friends because i believe that they want more people to understand it so i think they have a more decent way of ending this thing with sousuke without him having to die so quickly.

*** for the first time, i cried in today's episode of last friends.i felt sousuke's agony more than ever. i think that showing him with that kid brings about possible turns of event or a starting point from which they could finally explain where he is coming from.i love nishikido ryo's troubled look.

i also feel for takeru. i can just imagine the pain trying to pierce thru his heart. it's lethal.

this by far, for me, is probably the most heart tugging episode of last friends.

nice meeting everyone. i always have fun reading. good dramas bring intelligent conversations. :)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 22nd, '08, 18:03

Salz wrote:thanks for the mags :D
Eita super cute :wub:
it would be great if Juri and Eita have photoshoot together :roll
in the group shoot there is always Masami stand next to Eita and in promotion on tv it is either MasamiJuri or EitaMasami....
i need more EitaJuri moment
Eheh, further indication on how the pairing's might end up? The best I can find for new scans is this(maybe you can crop them out.lol~):

TV LIFE(June)

(eheh, if Asami wasn't in the last one, both pages would have looked like couple shots~) :mrgreen:
Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 22nd, '08, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 22nd, '08, 18:09

Oooh! That hooking around the arms picture is so cute!!! I WANT A HAPPY ENDING!! Onegai!!!!! ahaha

Salz

Post by Salz » May 22nd, '08, 18:11

thanks again^^
only the cover have JuriEita standing so close so that the one im going to crop^^"
Asami and Masami always have better chance to be standing next to Eita^^"
haha
in the 2nd pic Ryo look kinda small standing next to Juri^^"

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 22nd, '08, 18:17

Salz wrote: in the 2nd pic Ryo look kinda small standing next to Juri^^"
That sentence is true no matter how you interpret it. Wait, I guess I meant Ruka and Sosuke. Haha. It seems as though they're trying to portray Ruka as the 'healthy relationship' choice compared to Sosuke from the opposite-ness of their choices. And yet, they are also the ones that seem to know the other best.

Asami is totally looking out of place there. She needs Ogurin~
Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 22nd, '08, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

Salz

Post by Salz » May 22nd, '08, 18:25

yeah Asami really need Ogurin...she seem lonely there without her own pairing....
they should at least put Ogurin in the promo.....
he is one of the sharehouse guys...
it is not too weird if he also with them....
3 guys and 3 girl would make it more perfect and more merrier^^

lomsie

Post by lomsie » May 22nd, '08, 19:12

SPOILERS for Ep. 7, I didn't like this episode....
I wasn't too happy with this episode, to tell the truth. Not because of what Ruka was putting Takeru through, I think that part is believable at least. But with Takeru's confession to Ruka. Why did he have to do it just then? I just see it as the producers/writers creating drama where it doesn't need to be, just yet. I would understand if he told her without knowing she wanted to say something to him, but for him to interrupt her like that...em...hm.

And I really didn't see Michiru's attraction to Takeru, that surprised me. I'm wondering if she really means it, she supposedly broke up with Sosuke just a few days before, can she really get over him that fast? If she was so much in love with him. Then in the preview for the next episode we see her asking Takeru if he likes Ruka. Arg!

I felt a little sorry for Sosuke, just an itty bitty pinch, sorry, but not much. I'm waiting for the connection between his "contradictions" to come through. I'm still not convinced with his DV problems.

And we FINALLY got to see some underlying problems with Eri, but at ep. 7 already, I wish we would have seen more. Ogurin seem like he doesn't know what he wants, at all. Grow some balls, seriously.

The show seems really discombobulated right now, like there's too much on the plate. Well, with it more than halfway over now, I'm looking forward to seeing how they tie everything up.
Meh, I'm critical by nature.
Last edited by lomsie on May 22nd, '08, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

laceytam

Post by laceytam » May 22nd, '08, 19:41

can someone translete the part when michiru talk about the break up with sosuke?

haruko17

Post by haruko17 » May 22nd, '08, 20:36

random thoughts about ep 7:
hm, this time ruka was looking at an "aesthetic plastic surgery" website. i still hope shes just curious, but...

i feel like bringing up the contradiction in sousuke's character now was a good thing. cuz all along theyve let us hate him to the core, and then its kinda like BAM! now look at him being nice. i liked it. and i will feel bad for him if he dies (as bad as you can feel about a fictional character anyway, haha) because yea, hes a bad person who needs some serious help, but still a person.

i just looved this episode altogether! yes, it was so painful to watch, and thats the thing. i could really feel it from every characters point of view (even sousuke when michiru hung up on him). and i really didnt feel angry at anyone this episode, because its totally natural the way in which they feel because of the misunderstandings they have about each other.

hm, but somehow, i feel like this show will have a happy ending? or one of those peaceful "and life goes on, anything could happen" kind of endings.

and in the preview, umm was that ruka packing? to leave the sharehouse??

thbirdman

Post by thbirdman » May 23rd, '08, 05:09

laceytam wrote:
can someone translete the part when michiru talk about the break up with sosuke?
Sousuke:
You're returning soon right.
I thought you would return.
There is no other place for you to live other than here

Michiru:
Sousuke
I think I am going to break up with you Sousuke.
I want to break up with you.

Sousuke:
Have you been brainwashed by your colleagues?

Michiru:
Collegues?

Sousuke:
Your collegues at the Share house.
Those guys say many good things dont they?
But they are outsiders afterall. In the end they will discard you.

Michiru:
And you're not like that Sousuke?

Sousuke:
I will not discard you untill I die.

Michiru:
When I am with you I feel like I will lose myself.
I always become full of Sousuke,
And cannot think of myself.

Sousuke:
Isn't it fine like that?
I also always have you on my mind.

Michiru:
I also once thought that was good,
But it's different.
I want to think for myself and live my own life.

Sousuke:
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
I am making you so important to me.

Michiru:
You hit me you know.
Why do you do that.
Is it becasue I want to do my own things?
Is it because I am not as important as you are?

Sousuke:
It's not like that.
I want to become 1 with you. (not too sure on this)

Michiru:
I'm sorry, but i also don't understand what Sousuke is saying.
I'm sorry.

Sousuke:
Wait a sec..

Michiru:
Good bye.
Hope this helps ^^

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 23rd, '08, 09:13

I LOVE this show SO much! It's like crack. I keep trying to watch other dramas to get the same feeling I get from this one, but it just doesn't work!

Episode 7 seemed so desperate and emotional. Poor Ruka and Takeru. Good Lord.
Can someone help me out with the opening scene? What exactly did Ruka say to Takeru and vice versa? My Japanese should really be better, but all I got was this:

Ruka: "Sorry. I didn't know about your feelings, Takeru."
Takeru: "So you like some other person then?"
Ruka: "Yes, sorry."
Takeru: "That's okay. I understand."

Fast forward...Ruka says a bunch of stuff that is too fast for me, something about Michiru.

Ruka: "Will you start to like her?"
Takeru: "Ah, I like you, Michiru."
Ruka: "More than like! More than like!"
Takeru: "What the hell do you mean?"
Ruka: "Michiru's lonely...(something about Takeru being her strength).

Was I anywhere along the right lines? I feel like that was a pretty pivotal scene.

Elliah

Post by Elliah » May 23rd, '08, 11:21

can anyone pls translate the preview?

laceytam

Post by laceytam » May 23rd, '08, 12:07

thbirdman wrote:
laceytam wrote:
Sousuke:
You're returning soon right.
I thought you would return.
There is no other place for you to live other than here

Michiru:
Sousuke
I think I am going to break up with you Sousuke.
I want to break up with you.

Sousuke:
Have you been brainwashed by your colleagues?

Michiru:
Collegues?

Sousuke:
Your collegues at the Share house.
Those guys say many good things dont they?
But they are outsiders afterall. In the end they will discard you.

Michiru:
And you're not like that Sousuke?

Sousuke:
I will not discard you untill I die.

Michiru:
When I am with you I feel like I will lose myself.
I always become full of Sousuke,
And cannot think of myself.

Sousuke:
Isn't it fine like that?
I also always have you on my mind.

Michiru:
I also once thought that was good,
But it's different.
I want to think for myself and live my own life.

Sousuke:
I don't understand what you are trying to say.
I am making you so important to me.

Michiru:
You hit me you know.
Why do you do that.
Is it becasue I want to do my own things?
Is it because I am not as important as you are?

Sousuke:
It's not like that.
I want to become 1 with you. (not too sure on this)

Michiru:
I'm sorry, but i also don't understand what Sousuke is saying.
I'm sorry.

Sousuke:
Wait a sec..

Michiru:
Good bye.
Hope this helps ^^
hi
thank you very much it helps me alot

roon

Post by roon » May 23rd, '08, 12:43

magicmusic wrote:I LOVE this show SO much! It's like crack. I keep trying to watch other dramas to get the same feeling I get from this one, but it just doesn't work!

Episode 7 seemed so desperate and emotional. Poor Ruka and Takeru. Good Lord.
Can someone help me out with the opening scene? What exactly did Ruka say to Takeru and vice versa? My Japanese should really be better, but all I got was this:

Fast forward...Ruka says a bunch of stuff that is too fast for me, something about Michiru.

Was I anywhere along the right lines? I feel like that was a pretty pivotal scene.
IIRC, she told him that he needs to be nice to Michiru in Ruka's stead. That Michiru needs support and she can't do it, so she wants Takeru to.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 23rd, '08, 14:13

I've yet to watch it. Dreading the "poor Ruka" that's for sure going to be going through my mind again and again~

But hey, here's a happy picture:
The Television[24/5]

Just Juri and Masami playing around with 'yes' 'no' cards. First question was "Can the two of you share a house?". Both answered 'Yes' and seemed to have some interesting ideas to offer. Now that's something I'd like to see happening. Heheh. >=3

Chinese translations here.
Maybe someone can help translate it into english...*pokes sleepyzzz* ;)

P/S: A rantfic I did from Ruka's POV. Takes place after the end of ep5. It's kinda bad, but humour me anyway: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4273007/1/L ... Liberation
Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 23rd, '08, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

son2

Post by son2 » May 23rd, '08, 14:45

^Yuuki

wow.. you're good!
i love it, hope you could write more about Ruka's POV.

Salz

Post by Salz » May 23rd, '08, 15:07

^Yuuki
i cant c the television pic^^"
could u please post it again??

rainiewoo

Post by rainiewoo » May 23rd, '08, 15:40

I like this drama!
some pics I made

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 23rd, '08, 15:43

Just watched episode 7!!! Just when I thought my enthusiasm was dying, it's ALL BACK NOW!!! hahahahahaha Well the episode was definitely not funny but I'm happy in that I'm all into again =)

My views on Episode 7:
Man that first scene where Ruka tells Takeru to go love Michiru - what the?!?!?!? Seeing them two with tears in their eyes - crazy scene - I got teary straight away and I thought I was getting sick and tired of the story!?? No way!

Overall this was a good episode - it went by quick to me. It was good in that it brought things out into the open and started resolving some issues. The breaking up scene between Sousuke and Michiru was done well. It was not too cold and abrupt from Michiru - there was an underlying strain of pity/sadness why it didn't work out - "I don't understand what you're saying?". For the first time, the audience finally sees a clear thinking Michiru. But in all, this episode was all about Ruka in pain - she was hurting herself and others (namely Michiru and Takeru). At least the episode is prep-ing us to episode 8 which looks like it's going to be explosive! Seems like Takeru and Eri at least will know about Ruka's secret. I can't wait to see the others embrace Ruka and accept her for who she is. I think such a scene would be the climax to the whole show! If someone knows what the trailer says - pls tell...
I'm basically dying to see episode 8 now....AAAaah!! Another week to wait!

^Yuuki: I got this one - LEAVE IT TO ME! hahaha I'll translate the interview...btw, how the heck do you find all this stuff?!?!?!

Oh and just to update people on my latest splurge - I got all three cups!!! Including Ruka's!!! hahahahah FINALLY got it! It sold out like twice! But will have to be June before I receive it. I will take a pic of it when it arrives. hahaha Stuff like this is therapy for me - balances out my crazy work. :lol

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 23rd, '08, 16:45

As promised - below is the translation of an interview with Masami and Juri...

They are playing around with Yes (o) and No (x) cards, answering the following questions:

Q1. Do you think the two of you can live together?
Both Yes cards
M: I could live in a place like the Share House.
J: Yes - I would want a room that is mine.
M: I'm quite independent and easy going. Living with me should be relatively easy.
I will even cook for you - Japanese food.
J: Aaaah! I want to have some! If we were living together, we could watch movies together! We could go and buy a heap of movies!
M: Sounds good! Could watch movies, listen to music and make a bit of a racket!

Q2: About the other characters, do you think there's anything to admire?
Masami - yes & Juri - no
M: I feel that Ruka's physical abilities are great. She's independent and attractive/good-looking.
J: Mmmm....Ruka's thinking style has completely changed to that of a guy - so to a girl (i.e. Juri herself) there is nothing to admire about (I actually don't quite get what she's saying....)
M: How about if it's Takeru?
J: Takeru? Nothing to admire *laughs*. If it's Sousuke, then I would say he's lucky to have gone out with Michiru. But we shouldn't be talking about this now!

Q3: Is there anything you want from each others personal belongings?
Both answers Yes
M: I would want Juri's moisturizer! It smells very nice! When we first started filming, Juri was always carrying this fragrance (*laughs*).
J: For me it's Masami's candle which she carries with her all the time. When it is melted, it can be used as a moisturiser - I'm interested in that!

Q4: It's your birthdays coming up - what do you have in mind?
M: I do have some ideas but cannot talk about it. If I said it, then there'd be no surprise.
J: I want to play with fireworks!

Q5: Do you personally think that there is love between Michiru and Ruka?
Masami - yes and Ruka no
M: We don't know what's going to happen next but I am hoping they will be able to understand each other heart to heart - that's why I picked yes.
J: For the average girls, it would be yes. But in Ruka's case, there's no way she can go love Michiru and is in excruciating pain - so can't really say anything...

Q6: Has Ryo opened up? (Is Ryo Sousuke's real name? Not familiar with this guy...)
Both Yes
M: He's opened up.
J: But he's just very shy
M: It's like, he hasn't seen you for along time and is a little nervous. In the morning he is a bit uptight but by night he's on a high!

Q7: In the last episode, do you think you will find happiness?
M: I am hoping for a happy ending so YES.
J: That's a secret!!

Here you go! I skipped a small bit about Ryo making fun of why Masami is so cute - but I can't make out her response - 那个,超让人不爽!(笑)- this is a slang term that I don't quite get...

zaq

Post by zaq » May 23rd, '08, 17:24

sleepyzzz wrote:As promised - below is the translation of an interview with Masami and Juri...

They are playing around with Yes (o) and No (x) cards, answering the following questions:

Both Yes cards
J: Yes - I would want a room that is mine.
M: I'm quite independent and easy going. Living with me should be relatively easy.
J: Aaaah! I want to have some! If we were living together, we could watch movies together! We could go and buy a heap of movies!
M: Sounds good! Could watch movies, listen to music and make a bit of a racket!

Q2: About the other characters, do you think there's anything to admire?
Masami - yes & Juri - no
M: I feel that Ruka's physical abilities are great. She's independent and attractive/good-looking.
J: Mmmm....Ruka's thinking style has completely changed to that of a guy - so to a girl (i.e. Juri herself) there is nothing to admire about (I actually don't quite get what she's saying....)
J: Takeru? Nothing to admire *laughs*. If it's Sousuke, then I would say he's lucky to have gone out with Michiru. But we shouldn't be talking about this now!

Both answers Yes
M: I would want Juri's moisturizer! It smells very nice! When we first started filming, Juri was always carrying this fragrance (*laughs*).
J: For me it's Masami's candle which she carries with her all the time. When it is melted, it can be used as a moisturiser - I'm interested in that!

Q4: It's your birthdays coming up - what do you have in mind?
M: I do have some ideas but cannot talk about it. If I said it, then there'd be no surprise.

Q5: Do you personally think that there is love between Michiru and Ruka?
Masami - yes and Ruka no
M: We don't know what's going to happen next but I am hoping they will be able to understand each other heart to heart - that's why I picked yes.
J: For the average girls, it would be yes. But in Ruka's case, there's no way she can go love Michiru and is in excruciating pain - so can't really say anything...

Q6: Has Ryo opened up? (Is Ryo Sousuke's real name? Not familiar with this guy...)
Both Yes
M: It's like, he hasn't seen you for along time and is a little nervous. In the morning he is a bit uptight but by night he's on a high!

M: I am hoping for a happy ending so YES.
J: That's a secret!!

Here you go! I skipped a small bit about Ryo making fun of why Masami is so cute - but I can't make out her response - 那个,超让人不爽!(笑)- this is a slang term that I don't quite get...
thanks for this... and yes RYO is the name of the actor of Sousuke's character.... it's Nishikido Ryo actually...
funny that they say that Ryo is very shy... :D

laceytam

Post by laceytam » May 23rd, '08, 17:33

was this interview from a magazin or video clip?

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 23rd, '08, 17:44

sleepyzzz wrote: ^Yuuki: I got this one - LEAVE IT TO ME! hahaha I'll translate the interview...btw, how the heck do you find all this stuff?!?!?!

Oh and just to update people on my latest splurge - I got all three cups!!! Including Ruka's!!! hahahahah FINALLY got it! It sold out like twice! But will have to be June before I receive it. I will take a pic of it when it arrives. hahaha Stuff like this is therapy for me - balances out my crazy work. :lol
Hey, thanks for the clarification, I think I can now combine what little I got from the Japanese text with your Chinese-English translations. Should make things clearer. I modified from yours, hope you don't mind. It's under the spoiler tag so u can just copy and edit yours if you want to. ^^
Both Yes cards
J: Yes - I would want a space that's mine though.
J: Aaaah! I want to have some! If we were living together, we could watch movies together! We could get a big home theatre system!
M: Sounds good! Could watch movies, listen to music and make a bit of a racket together!

Q2: About each other's characters, is there anything you're jealous about?
Masami - yes & Juri - no
M: I feel that Ruka's physical abilities are great. She's independent and kakkoi(cool).
J: Mmmm....Ruka's way of thinking is pretty much like a guy - so I don't think she would be jealous of other girls.
J: Takeru? Nothing to be jealous about *laughs*. If it's Sousuke, maybe thoughts like, 'he's able to date Michiru, how nice'. But that's a totally different topic eh?

Both answers Yes

Q4: It's your birthdays coming up - what do you have in mind? (Fyi, Juri's on 25/5 and Masami's on 3/6)

Q5: Do you personally think that there is/will be love between Michiru and Ruka?
Masami - yes and Ruka (long deliberation) no
M: We don't know what's going to happen next but the hope that they will be able to understand each other's hearts, it's certainly there.
J: For normal girls, if they meet and really like someone, it's O . But in Ruka's case, she won't be able to love someone 100% as she is right now. She's is in a distressing situation afterall, not being able to tell the truth...

Both Yes (laugh)

M: Fufufu, I am hoping for a happy ending so YES.
J: XOXOXO...That's a secret!!
X=no, O=yes
In Japanese it's 'mukatsuku', something like annoying or irritating.

Cool that you manage to order Ruka's mug btw. Must post the pictures when you get it. =)

Salz: Really can't see it? Weird...Me and others doesn't seem to have problem...but here ya go again:

son2: Thanks. I'll see if Ruka starts ranting in my head again. It's hard work trying to make her lighten up a little though...

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 23rd, '08, 17:59

Thanks ^Yuuki! Feel free to edit - it makes a lot more sense now! haha I'm not very good with translation. I actually couldn't see the article/picture either. Thanks for posting it up! Aaaaw! How cute! I feel like Ruka is one of those characters that will just stick with you always. She's such a unique character - hard to forget. I wonder what role Juri would do next? Can she stay as Ruka?? hahaa Well a happy one ^_^ haha

Salz

Post by Salz » May 23rd, '08, 18:14

^Yuuki
thanks again for the pics^^
the 1st pic dun come out and just write baidu on it

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 23rd, '08, 18:32

Salz wrote:^Yuuki
thanks again for the pics^^
the 1st pic dun come out and just write baidu on it
Aha~ My bad for hot linking. Fixed. ^^;
sleepyzzz wrote:She's such a unique character - hard to forget. I wonder what role Juri would do next? Can she stay as Ruka?? hahaa Well a happy one ^_^ haha
I think Ruka definitely is going to be up there along with Nodame as some of the most memorable characters in JDramas. I wouldn't want Ueno Juri to keep playing the same kinda role but I don't mind if she play Ruka for another season or a long special episode~ Haha. Oh yeah, and totally no problem if she keeps the hair style for other roles. :wub:

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 23rd, '08, 19:47

hi guys...glad to see u guys actively discussing the latest epi!!! how i wished to join in the club and voice my opinions....im still downloading epi 7 raw...sigh...

anyway, thanks Yuuki and sleepyzzz so much for the scans and translations!!! and congrats having all the 3 cups! :)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 23rd, '08, 19:50

Just found something interesting. Okaeri T-Shirts!! http://shop.fujitv.co.jp/daiba/category ... /?Banner=1

Since the mug cup series was so successful, they're introducing T-Shirts with the same design to go with it. Matching Michiru/Ruka (couple~) T-shirts. Lol. No Takeru this time.

kívánok = good morning (Hungarian)
cześć = hello (Polish)

Me wants~ Lol. But I wanna see them wear it on the show first.
Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 23rd, '08, 19:56, edited 3 times in total.

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 23rd, '08, 19:52

magicmusic wrote:I

ermm...why did takeru said: Ah, I like you, Michiru. im a bit confused here...i tot he is talking to ruka? pls help...thanks :D

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » May 23rd, '08, 20:04

@saved1122
I think that was a typo. Takeru basically says that he likes Michiru as a friend but Ruka tells him he should try to like her more than that because Michiru needs someone to depend on.

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 23rd, '08, 20:53

oic..thanks junebug6272! :)

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 23rd, '08, 21:11

ermm, this is totally unrelated but it is bugging me..i was reading a post from afterellen.com and came across the name Ediana..just wondering if its the same person here...(not that i know u, but i just figured that the name sounds really familiar, thats all..)...lol

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 23rd, '08, 22:52

saved1122 wrote:
magicmusic wrote:I

ermm...why did takeru said: Ah, I like you, Michiru. im a bit confused here...i tot he is talking to ruka? pls help...thanks :D
Oops! Yeah, that meant to read: "Ah, I like Michiru."

Glad to see I was on the right lines though. I just couldn't understand if Ruka had told Takeru her true feelings in some rounbdabout way. Guess not!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 24th, '08, 02:22

I forgot to mention - there were two scenes that I particularly liked in Episode 7 - not that they were such profounding scenes but more because it broke down some of the walls between the characters...
I'm thinking of the scene where Takeru tries to convince Ruka to tell him what's wrong outside her room. It was actually comforting to know that Michiru was around and heard Ruka's response. Hopefully from that experience she realises that there is something troubling Ruka - that kind of leads on well to Episode 8. Then the follow-up scene of Takeru walking away from Michiru in the kitchen - that highlighted to us that Takeru is only human. Although he is all yasashii, in this case, it's his turn to be hurt and is weak himself. He has no strength to help others.
The scene was a bit overwhelming but I'm glad the invisible walls between the characters are gradually being broken down. Can't wait to see Ep 8!
I'm crossing my fingers that Takeru convinces Ruka not to go or tells her that he accepts her as she is...I'm hoping...

Jscorpio

Post by Jscorpio » May 24th, '08, 02:46

^Yuuki wrote:But hey, here's a happy picture:
Thank you so much for this beautiful scan, Yuuki..

**Beijosss**

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » May 24th, '08, 05:27

Question / thoughts regarding Sousuke:
Do you think he really got hit by the train? Because I would be pissed if he did. Not because I like his character, but because that would be such a cheap way to cut him out of the story completely without developing him into a multidimensional character like all the others.
meh.

spyefox

Post by spyefox » May 24th, '08, 06:02

MIna San...Seri's eng sub for ep 7 is out. I have finished watching..okay ep. Looking forward to ep 8.

son2

Post by son2 » May 24th, '08, 06:24

spyefox

can you give us the link?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 24th, '08, 07:48

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 24th, '08, 08:21

sleepyzzz wrote:I forgot to mention - there were two scenes that I particularly liked in Episode 7 - not that they were such profounding scenes but more because it broke down some of the walls between the characters...
I'm thinking of the scene where Takeru tries to convince Ruka to tell him what's wrong outside her room. It was actually comforting to know that Michiru was around and heard Ruka's response. Hopefully from that experience she realises that there is something troubling Ruka - that kind of leads on well to Episode 8. Then the follow-up scene of Takeru walking away from Michiru in the kitchen - that highlighted to us that Takeru is only human. Although he is all yasashii, in this case, it's his turn to be hurt and is weak himself. He has no strength to help others.
Yup! I loved those 2 scenes too.

Here's some of my thoughts about Episode 7.

Ruka really have all these emotions pent up inside with no way of getting out.
Since what happened at her parent's house and the motorcross track are related to her secrets, she can't tell people that too. Takeru was the only one that she had almost tell just before his unfortunate timing with the whole thing. I think he thought her issue is like his, something that had happened years ago. He tried to reassure her that he would still be there no matter what since it's a hard thing for him to actually love someone. But it totally backfired because instead of being an observer, Takeru now has an interest at stake with regards to what Ruka wanted to say. If it were any other issue troubling Ruka, things probably wouldn't be this way. So I wouldn't blame Takeru since he had no idea. The most he could expect is Ruka confessing that she likes Michiru/girls from their interactions so far.

So, those scenes quoted above certainly did well in showcasing the characters' anguish, in particular Takeru's for being the one caught 'in between'. Ruka is practically trying to shove him and Michiru into each other's arms without realizing that the person that they both need the most right now is her. The scene at the playground was heartbreaking. Look at the tears and their expressions. Another great Juri/Eita scene. But Ruka, why do you torture yourself so much?? Poor Ruka. Poor Takeru. ;_;
I really like Michiru in this episode.
The whole scene with Sosuke was nicely done and believable. She's starting to get herself back again. Even comforted Takeru at one point. But what's great is her breaking down at the middle of the night at the kitchen. Then Takeru backtracking into his own room. It was such a simple but effective scene. Even people who seem strong, have their weak moments as well. With Michiru's character especially, we get to see how in trying to save herself, she takes big leap froward to just take a step back again. It's not that easy to get up and start sprinting when you've been shackled and kept prisoner for so long. It's been a great progress till this episode, but will she be swayed again? Hmm, judging from how they're developing Sosuke's character from his interactions with the boy(peppered with some creepy moments which is cool), it's possible. But here's hoping that she'll be strong enough in her stand. Maybe Ruka's plan to leave the share house will distract her enough. It was great that Michiru overheard the whole thing between Takeru and Ruka. But it's hard to tell what she thinks. Ruka and Takeru, it's so easy to feel what they feel just from looking at their expressions. With Masami, it's a little inconsistent I think. But at the same time, it works with the character's personality. Eheh, but from that scene and how she seemed skeptical when Ruka said that her 'problems' are motocross related, she knows something is wrong.
And that last scene, hah!
I knew they were gonna end it with another confession like the previous one. How Ruka is behaving seem to be hurting both Takeru and Michiru so they end up reluctantly trying to find comfort with each other...it's all so messed up that I can't even blame Ruka or anyone. Having her 'overhearing' and 'overseeing' again was another punch to the gut(totally saw through the handphone move btw, hehe). Takeru's hand was pretty much moved by Ruka. Michiru is just finding comfort where she can get them. At least Takeru knows that Ruka knows. So I doubt the Takeru/Michiru thing would really go that far... I wonder what the fallen flower pot symbolizes. Seem to have a significance from Michiru's reaction. Probably the sign that bad things will happen? Duh, we know that from the start...

Michiru: Ruka, by then, the time I have with you, the remaining time for my happiness, was a lot less than what I expected. :cry:
Then about next episode, I hate and love watching the previews...but they seem to be giving so much away this time. ^^;
Sosuke ain't gonna die from a train accident after saving a kid. That's a little too heroic. Even if I wanna see him die I don't want it to be that way...And Ruka seems intent on moving out from the share house, and tries to further push them away. Eri finds out about Ruka's secret. Probably tells Takeru about it. He goes and see the coach guy and finds out about what Sosuke did. Ruka burns the letter that Sosuke asked the boy to give Michiru. Michiru finds out that Takeru likes Ruka...Phew, seems like a very exciting episode alright. Here's hoping that the ratings would increase again...