son2

Post by son2 » May 24th, '08, 11:32

thanks for the link...
i just can't wait to watch epi. 8

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 24th, '08, 13:18

Some more scans~ They appear in quite a lot of mags lately. ^^

TV PIA [24.5-8/6]

And I was just rereading something funny. For those who missed it, translations for cast interview in Lemon[04.08].

m-ayu

Post by m-ayu » May 24th, '08, 17:57

^ The (very) grinning Nishikido Ryo is SO not Sousuke. LOL

Thanks for the translation for the 'yes no' interview btw. Very interesting and entertaining. :D

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 24th, '08, 18:01

Juri-chan turns 22 today (May 25)... :thumleft: :cheers:

Tanjobi omedeto, Juri-chan!!!

Salz

Post by Salz » May 24th, '08, 18:06

Otanjoubi omedetou Juri-chan
she only older 2month from me lol^^

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 24th, '08, 18:37

I'm dedicating my 100th post to Juri-chan~ :wub:

Happy 22nd Birthday!

Thank you for being such a great actress and providing us such great entertainment. You're the best~! :salut:

Edit: Aha~ Now I know why the tiger shot was significant! She was born in the year of the tiger (the other guy had something to do with the Hanshin Tigers I think)~ ^^

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 24th, '08, 20:37

Wiiiii~
HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY to Juri!! <3
22!! Yaaay! :cheers:

Aaah, can't wait for episode 8... ;__; I want to watch it NOW.

@^Yuuki: I love those banners in your signature *__*

Vanilla-Rain

Post by Vanilla-Rain » May 24th, '08, 20:51

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JURI~!!

I LOVE YOUUUUUU

-laughs-

Ah....episode 8.....

The tension.... agh it's gunna kill meeee....

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » May 24th, '08, 21:00

Happy Birthday, Juri :3

Episode 8, my god, its about to end! Nooo!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 24th, '08, 22:02

Happy ending??

Image :lol

Lunar200

Post by Lunar200 » May 24th, '08, 22:17

@^Yuuki , regarding your huge statement on page 75 :
Wow, you really analyze the episodes ?
Also judging by your Sig , you really love this Drama ;> ?
I love it, too !

You post kinda made me finally start posting in the forums :D

Looking forward to episode 8 , like you said , there is so much going on right now :D

cheers !

counterfeitdreamer

Post by counterfeitdreamer » May 25th, '08, 01:29

Happy 22nd Juri! -Throws streamers-

Last ep was good!
The thought of Takeru being sexually harassed as a kid u.u by a female close to him... -Ponders- ... Wow. There is like barely any stories where a male is being violated by a female. Once again, wow.
Omg omg, Sosuke! Noooo, don't die! I'm sure you didn't die but there is no spoiling of your outcome in the previews. Cmon, you have 1, 2, 3, 4 more episodes to act psychotic. You can't spend the littlest time in a hospital, that is if you did survive.

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » May 25th, '08, 01:50

Ueno Juri is amazing, and the thing is, her characters really show how much acting skill she has.

And I swear, I've seen Eita in sooooo many dramas...but he's adorable.
Last edited by Te Amari on May 25th, '08, 02:38, edited 1 time in total.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 25th, '08, 01:57

Happy birthday to Juri!!

Looking at ^Yuuki's signature: Damn she looks good!!! hahahaha

Vanilla-Rain

Post by Vanilla-Rain » May 25th, '08, 02:10

Doesn't she!

I'm only two years younger than her...

Now to figure if she's open to other women. ;)

-giggles-

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » May 25th, '08, 05:29

I get that we all love Ueno Juri (omg, so do I, she's amazing. *spaz*), but I have a serious question about Last Friends and then an opinion question.
I've just watched ep. 7...Sousuke doesn't die, does he? I just want conjecture. If you've actually seen ep. 8 and you know, please don't tell me yet! I mean...it didn't look like it hit him, but in the preview for ep. 8, they had no scenes of him. Which worries me. Because as twisted as he is, I feel kinda sad for his character.
And, I asked this before but I changed it because at the time, I thought this was a thread only for Ueno Juri (...I failed to read the title correctly). I want to get my friend to watch this, but she usually doesn't like sad dramas (after reading the synopsis for 1 Litre of Tears, she refused to watch any of it). Should I make her watch at least one episode, or not make her watch it at all? After all, our tastes are different...but this is a really good drama...

<3 Ueno forever.

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » May 25th, '08, 05:36

Oh I hope she had loads of fun for her birthday. Much more fun than her character has! >_>
Does Takeru really now know that Ruka likes MIchiru? You can sorta tell he's a little bit unsure but during the scene with Michiru, it looks like he realizes for sure now.
--
Te Amari wrote:
I've just watched ep. 7...Sousuke doesn't die, does he? I just want conjecture. If you've actually seen ep. 8 and you know, please don't tell me yet! I mean...it didn't look like it hit him, but in the preview for ep. 8, they had no scenes of him. Which worries me. Because as twisted as he is, I feel kinda sad for his character.
I really don't think he's dead. I think the producers are doing this on purpose to make you think he's dead but I think he got away from the train in time
About your friend, if she doesn't like sad dramas, I don't think she'd want to touch this one with a ten-foot pole. :lol I hate, HATE angst and crap like that but the description and characters attracted me to this series. But it depends, if she absolutely loves shoujo-ai stuff (like me), she might want to check it out.

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » May 25th, '08, 06:42

QNSpider wrote:
Te Amari wrote:
I really don't think he's dead. I think the producers are doing this on purpose to make you think he's dead but I think he got away from the train in time
About your friend, if she doesn't like sad dramas, I don't think she'd want to touch this one with a ten-foot pole. :lol I hate, HATE angst and crap like that but the description and characters attracted me to this series. But it depends, if she absolutely loves shoujo-ai stuff (like me), she might want to check it out.
See, that's what I was thinking about Sousuke.

And thanks for the advice. I'll tell her that Ueno Juri's in it...and I guess give her a synopsis. Though I really think anyone could benefit from watching this drama, because it seems more than a year/day in the life of five random characters. Like an allegory for life and some deep stuff that I don't have the brain to think about right now. Or I'm looking too deeply. And thanks again. :D

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 25th, '08, 07:14

Lunar200 wrote: @^Yuuki , regarding your huge statement on page 75 :
Wow, you really analyze the episodes ?
Also judging by your Sig , you really love this Drama ;> ?
I love it, too !

You post kinda made me finally start posting in the forums Big Smile

Looking forward to episode 8 , like you said , there is so much going on right now

cheers !
Wow, I'm glad to be the one to pull you out of the (lurker) closet. Lol. My thoughts/comments are barely scratching the surface of how deep the drama is. There's a lot I wanna say but just my words probably can't do justice to it.

Judging from my siggies though, I think it's more obvious that I really love Ueno Juri~ Haha. Nice that you guys are enjoying it. Hope she'll get to watch fireworks today like she wanted to. =)
counterfeitdreamer wrote: Last ep was good!
The thought of Takeru being sexually harassed as a kid u.u by a female close to him... -Ponders- ... Wow. There is like barely any stories where a male is being violated by a female. Once again, wow.
Indeed. And the way they went into the issue in the episode is good.
It seemed like just a happy flashback scene where 2 siblings play around...until it wasn't. What happened was subtly suggested., but you get it anyway. It definitely would make more of an impact than anything thrown straight to your face (like the DV scenes). The way Eita acted was awesome too. You can feel his vulnerability, curling up on the bed like that. And that's after the scene with Ruka too. I really feel for him. ;_;
Te Amari wrote: And, I asked this before but I changed it because at the time, I thought this was a thread only for Ueno Juri (...I failed to read the title correctly). I want to get my friend to watch this, but she usually doesn't like sad dramas (after reading the synopsis for 1 Litre of Tears, she refused to watch any of it). Should I make her watch at least one episode, or not make her watch it at all? After all, our tastes are different...but this is a really good drama...
I think this is definitely a must watch JDrama. I'd regret it if I didn't watch because I heard it's sad. I mean, it's not the someone's gonna die kinda sad(well, maybe just a little), but it's the type of sadness that gives you strength as well. I think with the different issues it deals with, even if a little, people who watches it can easily relate to what's happening and the character's anguish. When it's really happy though, you feel that happiness. So, don't just tell her it's a sad drama since it's more than that. Let her watch the first episode and she'll be a prisoner like the rest of us~ =3
QNSpider wrote:Oh I hope she had loads of fun for her birthday. Much more fun than her character has! >_>
Does Takeru really now know that Ruka likes MIchiru? You can sorta tell he's a little bit unsure but during the scene with Michiru, it looks like he realizes for sure now.
I think he already suspects since episode 5 when Michiru told him that Ruka has someone she likes. You can sorta see him from being surprised to the enlightened "Ahh" at the moment where Michiru says it's someone she have been liking for a long time. So I think he's feeling Ruka's pain along with his own with what she's been doing(having problems but pushing people away) in the last couple episodes.

About Sosuke's fate, heh, don't worry. I translated the summary for episode 8. Basically we know most of it from the preview but this is a lot more detailed and spoilery so don't say I didn't warn ya.
Michiru starts training as Takeru's assistant make up artist. The company that Takeru works for also seems to be pleased with her performance.Since Michiru's previous confession to Takeru (Can I start liking you?), the atmosphere between the two have been weird, especially with Takeru. Noticing this, Michiru told him that at that time, she felt his pain and could emphatise with him. (Means she sorta got caught up with the moment there a little) So she told him she's not expecting anything.

Meanwhile, Ruka decides to move out of the share house. Without telling Michiru and the rest, she goes to the real estate company and talked with the boss there. She says that she will be going overseas in half a year's time. (whoa~a clue to "the sky over there")

One day, Naoya(the kid) arrives at the share house and tells Eri he's there's to deliver a letter to Michiru. Basically Sosuke talks about how much he misses her, love her and stuff like that. Oh yeah, he's in the hospital now. After reading the letter, Ruka feels that he's trying to fool Michiru into going back to him again and decides that there's no reason Michiru should see it so they should get rid of it.

The next day, Eri goes to the hospital and was surprised that Sosuke is really there like he said. She told him that she didn't give Michiru the letter. He begs her that she must give it to her no matter what.

Back home, Eri reads the letter Sosuke wants to give Michiru. Inside there's a lot of his love for her. Ogurin comes home. They had plans to go to an onsen together, so Eri decides to do some internet research for places to stay. She goes into Ruka's room to use her computer. Then accidently sees the website that Ruka had left open. On it is information about sex change operation.

On the way home from work, Takeru meets up with the coach guy. He explains that his relationship with Ruka is just friendship on the race track. Nothing more. Takeru goes and confront Ruka about this only to found out that she's planning to move out. Michiru and the rest are shocked...
Here's a little PV starring Ueno Juri to end the post:
Takeuchi Mariya's Henjin(Reply)

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » May 25th, '08, 07:41

Oh that PV. She's so beautiful. Damnit, >_< I wish I watched Nodame Cantabile before Last Friends because everytime I see her now all feminine and stuff, I still see a hot lez <3

Damn her good acting! :lol
Meanwhile, Ruka decides to move out of the share house. Without telling Michiru and the rest, she goes to the real estate company and talked with the boss there. She says that she will be going overseas in half a year's time. (whoa~a clue to "the sky over there")
YAY more proof that Ruka most likely won't
DIE
I'm patiently waiting for the episode when Takeru goes "Okay, Ruka, so you like Michiru!"

singsing_sky

Post by singsing_sky » May 25th, '08, 07:57

^Yuuki wrote: And that last scene, hah!
I knew they were gonna end it with another confession like the previous one. How Ruka is behaving seem to be hurting both Takeru and Michiru so they end up reluctantly trying to find comfort with each other...it's all so messed up that I can't even blame Ruka or anyone. Having her 'overhearing' and 'overseeing' again was another punch to the gut(totally saw through the handphone move btw, hehe). Takeru's hand was pretty much moved by Ruka. Michiru is just finding comfort where she can get them. At least Takeru knows that Ruka knows. So I doubt the Takeru/Michiru thing would really go that far... I wonder what the fallen flower pot symbolizes. Seem to have a significance from Michiru's reaction. Probably the sign that bad things will happen? Duh, we know that from the start...

Michiru: Ruka, by then, the time I have with you, the remaining time for my happiness, was a lot less than what I expected. :cry:
My first reaction when Michiru saw the fallen flower pot was that she thought Sosuke might have came, and somehow heard / knew her feelings towards Takeru. Since she probably feels guilty for "liking" someone other than Sosuke.
But, that's just opinion. ^__^

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 25th, '08, 08:06

singsing_sky: It's possible. But the main door is so far from the kitchen. And you think Sosuke would just leave quietly if he heard something like that? Hehe. For the Japanese, something like glass suddenly breaking, stuff falling are unlucky signs so it could be that she sense something bad. Add that with the monologue, it's pretty much a hint for us to get ready because a train wreck is approaching. >_<
QNSpider wrote:Oh that PV. She's so beautiful. Damnit, >_< I wish I watched Nodame Cantabile before Last Friends because everytime I see her now all feminine and stuff, I still see a hot lez <3

Damn her good acting! :lol
Lol...^^; She can definitely change hot to cool, cute to beautiful to handsome in an instant. For someone not familiar with it, they'll be shocked for sure. Like Utada Hikaru recently~(this) and (that)
I'm patiently waiting for the episode when Takeru goes "Okay, Ruka, so you like Michiru!"
I'm waiting for Michiru to realize that~ But that probably won't happen till the very end...
In the mean time, here's some more short vids of Juri:

Fibe-mini(Nodame style) http://www.56.com/u24/v_MTM0NjU1MDk.html
Fibe-mini(2008)(Ruka style)

Suketeru just released the soft-subs for episode 7.
Get it here: http://suketeru.livejournal.com/26398.html#cutid1
Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 25th, '08, 08:20, edited 2 times in total.

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 25th, '08, 08:06

Wow...so thats what's gonna happen in episode 8, huh?
Well, we know now neither Ruka or Sousuke will die (probably). My vote goes to Eri. Wanna know why? Because her true feelings are barely skimmed. No one speaks to her really and I'm thinking this thing with Ogurin is gonna end in disaster. Eri might kill herself.
The other big question is still: Is Ruka really transgender? Is she gonna get a sex change?
What I WANT to happen is someone confronts her about the websites she's been looking through. Ruka flips and admits that she wants to be a boy so that she can love Michiru openly. She can't figure out how to live her life the way she wants as a female. Man, that'd be 1 hell of a good scene!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 25th, '08, 08:28

QNSpider: LOL! You cracked me up completely with "I still see a hot lez" - hahaha

Thank god this thread is moving! I'm at work on a bloody Sunday and really needed some LF to bring my mood levels back up!

I'm really hoping that they are going to break down all of Ruka's walls. I want her secret to be out! Oh and seeing Takeru run after Ruka!! oooh!! Can't wait!

Onto the surgery issue, as I have said before, I don't feel that she would be happier even if she went through with it. I think it's the overall desire to be honest about who you are and be accepted for it. She's also concerned that Michiru won't accept her. Maybe if she told Michiru her feelings, things will get so awkward that they can't even be friends?!

As for episode 8 (just on what ^Yuuki has translated):
I read every post but I didn't pick up that Takeru finds out the coach was only acting as RUka's boyfriend!! haha! Great! So he basically finds out EVERYTHING about Ruka and he probably knows about Ruka's feelings for Michiru. OOoooh - hope he talks to her about it. Btw, although the preview of episode 8 looks like there's a lot of spoilers, from past experience, we are still always surprised so I'm sure there's more to it.
Can't WAIT!! :crazy:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 25th, '08, 09:11

magicmusic:
Don't forget that Eri has a spin-off omake series. Don't think they'll have something like that for someone that's going to die at the end. It'll be damn depressing. And Michiru wondering if 'that death' could have been prevented if she knows people's hearts suggest that it's still someone she's really close to(hmm, either the victim or the perpetrator if there is one). My money's on Takeru...
sleepyzzz wrote:I'm really hoping that they are going to break down all of Ruka's walls. I want her secret to be out! Oh and seeing Takeru run after Ruka!! oooh!! Can't wait!
*Hands everyone a hammer**Gives Takeru the key to the bulldozer**runs away*
Onto the surgery issue, as I have said before, I don't feel that she would be happier even if she went through with it. I think it's the overall desire to be honest about who you are and be accepted for it. She's also concerned that Michiru won't accept her. Maybe if she told Michiru her feelings, things will get so awkward that they can't even be friends?!
Liberation. I think for Ruka it comes from both inside and outside. For herself, she doesn't feel like she's in the right body and it's not only because of her feelings for Michiru(that just adds to the complication). From what they've shown us so far, she doesn't seem to be confused about that. I think she already accepted the truth about herself but her main worry is still not being about to show her true self to others and lying to the people she loves everyday. Even if she's liberated physically(getting the operation), the main hurdle towards liberation still lies in the mindset. Accepting herself and letting others a chance to accept her.
sleepyzzz wrote: As for episode 8 (just on what ^Yuuki has translated):
I read every post but I didn't pick up that Takeru finds out the coach was only acting as RUka's boyfriend!! haha! Great! So he basically finds out EVERYTHING about Ruka and he probably knows about Ruka's feelings for Michiru. OOoooh - hope he talks to her about it. Btw, although the preview of episode 8 looks like there's a lot of spoilers, from past experience, we are still always surprised so I'm sure there's more to it.
Yeah, I thought so too. The summary is detailed but it's normally until the halfway point of the episode only.
I think Takeru definitely finds out more about Ruka in ep8. The stuff she's been hiding too. Like being harassed by Sosuke. Eri most definitely. I wonder how they'd react and what they'll do. Will Michiru remain oblivious? I'm wondering about the surprise look on her face when she saw Ruka (looking at something) on her way home from buying grocery.

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 25th, '08, 09:29

Ahoy mateys!

Thanks for those interesting scans, translations, spoilers and youtube vids :lol

I WANT THAT BLUE SHIRT!!! Still, why are they Hungarian and Czech words and not Japanese?

Honestly, I am getting frustrated with the series now...I feel like they are cramming too many deep issues, emotions and relationships that the remaining 5 episodes may not cover. Or could they? I gotta agree with most of you about those two/three poignant scenes from episode 7.

But you all may know why I am posting....attentioncup lovers
So talk about Takeru getting BURNED! Not only did Ruka say that she can't give him the same response, but she asks someone (her harasser) to be her rent-a-date. Then to rub salt on an open wound, she takes his/her purple cup and gives it to the coach to use! Talk about a big OUCH! We all know how Takeru feels about the cups too! I was clutching my pillow hoping that she didn't go in the kitchen to grab her cup for the coach...because we know that it'll be a slap in the face (i.e. Ruka permitting the coach to "own" her blue cup by sharing it. Luckily, it was only Takeru's cup that was "sacrificed."
Still, like what ^Yuuki mentioned...this episode is just building up to the train wreck that will unravel...*cue* a literal train cruising on by at the end of episode 7.

Poor Ogurin doesn't get any picture time for the cast pictures...poor Ruka...poor Takeru..poor Michiru...poor Eri....BOO this series is so EMO...

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » May 25th, '08, 13:58

its like watching the characters fall into this oblivion with each step they make. but the award for daftest character goes to Ruka for episode 7. -___-
what would EVER give her the right to play matchmaker? to give up the girl of her dreams to someone else simply because she doesnt think that she'll ever have a chance? :huffs: i cant stand daftness to this extent.

Also, I'm a lil disappointed how the writers decided not to have Michiru respond to the whole Ruka/Takeru confrontation. When I saw Michiru crying, I thought it was in response to the 'barriers' between her and Ruka and not necessarily about Sousuke.

No further comment on Eri except I cant wait to see her liberated because she simply deserves someone far better than Ogurin. -__-

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 25th, '08, 14:10

zeiroc: Are we masochists for loving the emo-ness? Haha. Well, fasten your seat belts cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride to the end. I'm more worried about the series ENDING instead of how it's gonna end. What am I gonna do with my life? Lol, I'm pathetic~

faye: That's why it was hard to watch. We're practically cursing at the screen for those scenes. But hey, I can see that from Ruka's POV, she thinks it's 'best' for Michiru to have someone like Takeru by her side. Whether romantic or not. Since she can't. From the playground scene, it pains her to say those things as well, that Michiru gets lonely easily and needs someone to take care of her. It's frustrating that she seemed resigned to the thought that her issue is something the others can't accept. That Michiru won't want her around when she knows the truth(Michiru is also blaming herself for being so blind from the monologues). What's funny is she's the one that's pushing them away right now with her actions. It's sad that she feels she has to act like a jerk towards Michiru and Takeru and ignoring their feelings so that they'd go to each other...*sigh*

So, in order to make the most out of what little time of 'happiness' we have (wow, just like Michiru says it), I just translated something from the TV PIA scans I posted in the previous page. Only the parts for Juri and Masami for now.

TV Pia Interview
Memories of Last Friends
(They ask each of them which memory about the show that leaves a deep impression and also stuff about the characters)

Ueno Juri:
No matter which scene, it will still leave an impression, but the one that comes to mind right now is the one in the motocross competition in the 2nd episode. Tightly gripping the 'omamori'(protective charm) that Michiru gave, and seeing her coming to support me, probably that scene.
Though Ruka has something called "gender identity disorder", I really hope that everyone who watches the drama would be able to gain strength from what they see, able to continue trying for the best, and influence everyone in a good way. I act with these kinda of thoughts in mind. As for myself, even a little is fine, I hope to deeply make an impact as Ruka. For Ruka's case, seeing Michiru able to continue living on optimistically till the end is what she hopes for. And Ruka to be able to get a true hold of herself. No matter what she might face, I think at the end, she would be fine.

Nagasawa Masami:
Even though Michiru is someone that works hard, she still doesn't receive any compensation for them. However, because she doesn't want to see/acknowledge her own weaknesses, she also tries to justify Sosuke's actions. I hope that Michiru can look at herself honestly and faces her own weaknesses(dame na tokoro) and accepts them. Then resolves/end things with Sosuke on her own. It's a step she has to take no matter what. And only then she'll be able to finally become a person with her own will, perhaps? In the beginning of the episode, we see an expression of a mother that values life. I think that scene portrayed my point pretty well.
The scene that leaves the deepest impression to me is the one where Ruka kisses the sleeping Michiru in Episode 1. The whole scene was very pretty, Ruka's love really manage to come through intensely. The friendship with Ruka, hopefully it could stay on like that but...what would happen I wonder.

(heheh, nice to know that the 15second scene it left a deep impression to her. even though all the hard work has to be done by Ueno Juri... :mrgreen: )

Here's the particular page in higher quality:

Last edited by ^Yuuki on May 25th, '08, 14:41, edited 3 times in total.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 25th, '08, 14:25

Thanks ^Yuuki!!! That first scene "the kiss" definitely brings back memories!! It was shot soooo well too!!! YeP! I'm loving this drama!!! Every single bit of it!! Don't worry ^Yuuki! You're not the only crazy one. I'm kind of concerned what will I do once this drama ends....aaahhh...so sad!!! We'll have to search for a replacement but I doubt we'll find one as good as this!! I think there's a good chance the ratings will jump again for episode 8! CRoss my fingers!!! 20%!! PLEASE!

Daish

Post by Daish » May 25th, '08, 14:46

Thank for the translation ^yuuki, what would i do without you :D Always a good read about their memorable moments though it might have a market touch mixed in ^^. About michiru's response I've always wonder if its possible to kiss someone like that without them knowing at all :O oh well can't argue with dramas i suppose just have to enjoy them.

Oddly enough i haven't really viewed this drama to be very sad, and in comparison to 1 liters its much less morbid, perhaps thats why. Maybe i'm just too preoccupied with ruka :lol

Can't wait for ep 8 though I didn't read the whole preview spoiler but seems like alot is gonna happen!

ps. ^yuuki your (former) middle signature pic is creeping me out :crazy: ueno looks so ............ masculine in it :fear:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 25th, '08, 15:01

sleepyzzz: Yeah, it's so sad~ I don't care much about the ratings but if it's high, the chances of it getting more publications/publicity/special episodes/2nd season~ or what not gets higher too. And more people watching means more awareness about the issues they're trying to bring forth.
Daish wrote:Thank for the translation ^yuuki, what would i do without you :D Always a good read about their memorable moments though it might have a market touch mixed in ^^. About michiru's response I've always wonder if its possible to kiss someone like that without them knowing at all :O oh well can't argue with dramas i suppose just have to enjoy them.
Haha, well, I can't say for sure it's 100% accurate since I had to refer to the chinese translations at the same time since my kanji sucks. My chinese sucks as well so I had to convert them to pin yin to 'listen' instead of read. About the kissing part, I just read an article that if you get stabbed in the back, sometimes you don't feel it because there isn't that many nerve endings there to let you feel stuff. Your lips on the other hand is the opposite, you can feel any feather light touch. So yeah, either Michiru's sleeps like the dead or she feels it but thinks it's just a dream or it's a drama. ^^
ps. ^yuuki you middle signature pic is creeping me out :crazy: ueno looks so ............ masculine in it :fear:
Lol, you meant the tiger one? What about now? =)

Edit: Just noticed that this is my 100th post in this thread~ :-)
[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita
[100 posts, 8.65% of the topic, 0.21% of the forum]

Daish

Post by Daish » May 25th, '08, 18:41

^Yuuki wrote:sleepyzzz: Yeah, it's so sad~ I don't care much about the ratings but if it's high, the chances of it getting more publications/publicity/special episodes/2nd season~ or what not gets higher too. And more people watching means more awareness about the issues they're trying to bring forth.
Daish wrote:Thank for the translation ^yuuki, what would i do without you :D Always a good read about their memorable moments though it might have a market touch mixed in ^^. About michiru's response I've always wonder if its possible to kiss someone like that without them knowing at all :O oh well can't argue with dramas i suppose just have to enjoy them.
Haha, well, I can't say for sure it's 100% accurate since I had to refer to the chinese translations at the same time since my kanji sucks. My chinese sucks as well so I had to convert them to pin yin to 'listen' instead of read. About the kissing part, I just read an article that if you get stabbed in the back, sometimes you don't feel it because there isn't that many nerve endings there to let you feel stuff. Your lips on the other hand is the opposite, you can feel any feather light touch. So yeah, either Michiru's sleeps like the dead or she feels it but thinks it's just a dream or it's a drama. ^^

Lol, you meant the tiger one? What about now? =)

Edit: Just noticed that this is my 100th post in this thread~ :-)
[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita
[100 posts, 8.65% of the topic, 0.21% of the forum]

Yup it was the tiger one that creeped me out. The pic now is much better though its too late for me; i called juri masculine so I will not be going to heaven. :lol

and congrats on the 100th post in this thread

QNSpider

Post by QNSpider » May 25th, '08, 19:32

@ ^Yuuki & Daish - Nooo the tiger one was so hot. :fear: Who cares if she looks masculine? I don't. :whistling:

I especially like the first one to the left. It's so cute. *quickly becomes a UenoxNagasawa shipper* XD

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 25th, '08, 20:21

Translated a report from Juri's official site about her birthday. Thanks TokyoJuice for the heads up! ^^

Celebration!!

Lots of Birthday messages and presents for Juri have been received.
Thank you very much for your kindness!
Today's birthday, the shooting for the drama went on as usual, on set, everyone celebrated together!!

To go along with Ruka, a helmet drawing decorated the cake!

Then, putting on the one-piece dress from Nagasawa-san and Mizukawa-san, sandal from Eita-san. We had an instantaneous photography session. By the way, the large quantity of fireworks Juri-chan is holding came from the drama producer. He saw The Television's interview where Juri said she wants to play fireworks(on her birthday) and chose that as a present.

Another 'shikishi' of the share house members' portrait along with their messages.
Everyone, really thank you very much!!

'shikishi' - square fancy cardboard, used for autographs, poetry, etc.
The Television interview - the Yes/No one a few pages ago.

-------------

Yeay~ Great to see that she got her fireworks. Lol. And it's nice that the other cast members/staff were there to celebrate too. But they certainly give weird presents...^^; Love the drawings~ =3

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 25th, '08, 21:08

Thank you for translating, ^Yuuki!

That cake looks really yummy *__*
Haha, great to see she got the fireworks she wanted xD She looks so cute <3 But those sandals she got from Eita o__O LOL.
I love the first picture :w00t:
I wonder which episode they were filming around that time... episode 8 or 9? ^.^

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 25th, '08, 21:17

They celebrated with donuts~ Haha. I wonder if they drew the pics themselves or something. I know Eita's pic look just like the one on the refrigerator. With that big ears of his. Loll.

I think they should already be filming around ep10 or 11 since the recruitment ad for extras the other day said it was for ep10/11 on May 27th. Probably for a motocross scene? That's why they needed so many people. Would be too rushing if it was for ep8/9...since post production work needs time too. ^^;

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 25th, '08, 21:22

^Yuuki wrote:I think they should already be filming around ep10 or 11 since the recruitment ad for extras the other day said it was for ep10/11 on May 27th. Probably for a motocross scene? That's why they needed so many people. Would be too rushing if it was for ep8/9...since post production work needs time too. ^^;
Whoops, you're right! I forgot about that :whistling:
They are going to film the motocross scene on May 27th, the official site says ne. ^__^

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 25th, '08, 23:49

I just realised that I should have left a birthday message on Juri's home page!! Why didn't I think of it!?? Well I'm a day late but I posted anyway!! hahahaha

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 26th, '08, 03:59

^Yuuki wrote:Translated a report from Juri's official site about her birthday.
Thanks for the translation... :thumleft:

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » May 26th, '08, 04:43

On JDrama I read that they found somewhere that there will be a second season next spring
Tenshigure wrote: Ueno Juri to reprise role of Ruka in spinoff show 'Jitensha Josei' in Spring 2009.
Sun, May 25, 2008 (8:03pm EST)

Synopsis: Jitensha Josei tackles issues that afflicts the current generation that we didn't cover in Last Friends. In this direct spin-off of the surprise hit of the Spring, Ruka (Ueno Juri) has become fed up with not being ablt to directly tell her feelings to Michiru (Nagasawa Masami), so she turns to the one thing that everyone in Japan turns to for advise: anonymous forums full of stereotypes and cookie-cutter models of society!

Uchi Hiroki co-stars as a forum troll with a heart of gold.
Source: Nikkan Sports | tokyograph
Anyone knows anything about it?

M_Verdant

Post by M_Verdant » May 26th, '08, 06:26

I think it's a joke, right? >_>; It sounds like a parody of Densha Otoko, lol.

Anyway, I'm on episode 5 right now and I love it! I watched the first two episodes and I was getting really fed up
with Michiru's refusal to leave Sosuke. The writers weren't providing us any info on WHY she was sticking with him or WHY he was like that.

So I skipped episode 3 and went straight to 4 and it was great! I even felt a little bit sorry for Sosuke, they managed to make him still a complete slimeball, but at least he was no longer one-dimensional, and Michiru FINALLY revealed why she feels a need to stay with him (both know what it's like to be alone, etc). It was GREAT.
As a Sociology minor in college, I also love how the drama breaks down traditional gender society roles in Japan. I really believe a lot of things we think are "masculine" and "feminine" are constructed by society, not natural at all, and in east asian cultures it can be more constricting for both genders...so that's why I totally love Eita and Ruka.

Even though I'm straight, I can kind of relate to the feelings of longing, of jealousy, of not fitting in like some of the characters can. I can see a little of myself in Michiru, Ruka, Eita, even Ogura! So sorry for going on so long, usually I don't watch dramas at all but this one seems much more realistic and well-written than most...even if it took a while to start going. xD

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » May 26th, '08, 07:51

Iatheia wrote:On JDrama I read that they found somewhere that there will be a second season next spring
Tenshigure wrote: Ueno Juri to reprise role of Ruka in spinoff show 'Jitensha Josei' in Spring 2009.

Synopsis: Jitensha Josei tackles issues that afflicts the current generation that we didn't cover in Last Friends. In this direct spin-off of the surprise hit of the Spring, Ruka (Ueno Juri) has become fed up with not being ablt to directly tell her feelings to Michiru (Nagasawa Masami), so she turns to the one thing that everyone in Japan turns to for advise: anonymous forums full of stereotypes and cookie-cutter models of society!

this means that Ruka will not die?? :cheers: :cheers:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 26th, '08, 08:18

Last Friends is so damn addicting! Every day I'd log on d-addicts at least 3 to 4 times just to see if there's any updates or new posts on this thread.

Like everybody else, I'm so attracted to Ruka and her character is the most compelling to me (followed by Takeru). Ueno Juri simply rocks this role. Her Ruka is so real, I can feel her pain and anguish just by looking at her expressive face. She's just brilliant here in fleshing out and transforming into Ruka...the way she moves, talks and walks becomes masculine, not a trace of Nodame to be found. I also like Eri but there's too little of her to form any attachment with viewers.

In the preview for episode 8:
it looks like someone will find Ruka's photo album with pictures of her and Michiru, and probably put two and two together. That person could be Takeru or Eri. Takeru runs after Ruka yelling, "I'm coming, Ruka!" Whoa, suspense. Is he running to stop her from leaving or from doing something drastic?

chrry370

Post by chrry370 » May 26th, '08, 08:47

Last Friends have been so enjoyable for me being my first jdrama to watch. And i'm thinking to myself geez what have i been missing out in all those other years!? lol... After reading 78 pages i decided to register and rant about how superb every cast especially Ueno Juri in her portrayal of Ruka.

Yes i think i too have been pulled into the Ueno Juri fan wave. You know i can put money onto it that Ueno Juri has managed to grabbed a whole lotta fan from this role. Lol from what i read everyone (well with a few exceptions) loves her new look. :wub:
And on top of that the directors kind of purposely make viewers sympathise most with Ruka. Not that i'm complaining :D i love her expressions everytime the camera's on her

Btw, in eps 7, was Michiru crying bc of her breakup with Sousuke? or was it the Takeru/Ruka scene??? I was so confused when i watched it!
It was cold of Ruka of what she did to Takeru. The cup thing and how she wants to match Takeru and Michiru together. Not cool at all...
With a few eps to go sometimes i think its kind of leading to a Michiru/Ruka pairing with how so far its been set up AND don't forget the magazine scans. Well at least they look cute together lol its all about chemistry :heart:

Can't wait for eps 8... Is someone gonna confront Ruka about her secret?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 26th, '08, 09:05

hanapyupyu: Don't worry! You're not the only one! I log on like every few hours too! ahahaha :D

I love Ruka!! haha Imagine what Michiru would feel if she found out that Sousuke has been putting "her" Ruka through all that pain! If it was me, I'd go and slap him on the face (with Takeru backing me up of course)!!! hahaha

A few more days to go....

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 26th, '08, 11:44

chrry: Welcome~ ^^
Iatheia wrote:On JDrama I read that they found somewhere that there will be a second season next spring

LOL. This one totally cracked me up. I think those that aren't regular drama watchers (especially densha otoko)wouldn't realize that it's an obvious joke. But hey, it could be a fun set up. :mrgreen: I'm still wondering about the whole Last Friends: Another website though. Doesn't make much sense to have another one for the same show...

M_Verdant: Tell me you went back to watch episode 3 after that...I don't see how you can skip an episode and still enjoy the show fully...:scratch: and it's really one of the most important one. A turning point for Michiru. Go watch man~ :x I agree with you about the way they're bending the traditional gender rules around. Loved it.
hanapyupyu wrote: In the preview for episode 8:
it looks like someone will find Ruka's photo album with pictures of her and Michiru, and probably put two and two together. That person could be Takeru or Eri. Takeru runs after Ruka yelling, "I'm coming, Ruka!" Whoa, suspense. Is he running to stop her from leaving or from doing something drastic?
What's wrong with a picture album with normal pictures with your best friend? Not like they can put two to two together with THOSE pictures since most were pretty much taken during their time in the share house. The thing they found out is a lot bigger of an issue that that....I posted a translation of ep8 summary here if you still wanna be spoiled. :mrgreen:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 26th, '08, 13:09

LOL. This one totally cracked me up. I think those that aren't regular drama watchers (especially densha otoko)wouldn't realize that it's an obvious joke. But hey, it could be a fun set up. :mrgreen: I'm still wondering about the whole Last Friends: Another website though. Doesn't make much sense to have another one for the same show...
It would be an awesome show if they gave the roles for the other anonymous forumers to Juri fans who are active online. I can already imagine bmwracer as one of the otakus... :mrgreen:
What's wrong with a picture album with normal pictures with your best friend? Not like they can put two to two together with THOSE pictures since most were pretty much taken during their time in the share house. The thing they found out is a lot bigger of an issue that that....I posted a translation of ep8 summary here if you still wanna be spoiled. :mrgreen:
Well yeah, in itself a photo album with pics of two best friends taken in the house is pretty harmless. But remember that a picture speaks a thousand words. Maybe Takeru or Eri already have a sneaking suspicion of how Ruka truly feels about Michiru at the back of their minds, but they were in denial. Looking at the album and seeing all the photos of Ruka's blissful and contented face when she's next to Michiru just clicks all the puzzle pieces into place...like "that's it! why didn't I see it before?"

Also, thanks for the spoilers on episode 8. I've read it already (as I cannot resist clicking on spoilers). :D

What I am anxious to see
is Michiru's reaction when she finds out her best friend has been in love with her all along. Will Michiru accept Ruka's love? Can she reciprocate that love? I was hoping for a Ruka-Takeru pair up, but that's out of the question since Ruka is a lesbian or transgender. I really think this show will go into uncharted territory if they can show two women in a healthy, loving relationship. Ruka-Michiru would be awesome, although the beginning of the show shoots that hope down - they are separated at the end. sigh.
The characters of Ruka and Michiru really have lots of similarities to Sailor Moon's Haruka and Michiru. The creator of Sailor Moon, Naoko Takeuchi decribed Haruka as "the female best friend and the fairy tale prince in one," which probably explains why we are all so attracted to her, male and female fans alike. :D

Here's an interesting comparison of Sailor Uranus and Ruka in Last Friends that I came across:
http://community.livejournal.com/lastfriends/2433.html

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 26th, '08, 14:03

hanapyupyu: Well, the writers certainly drew inspiration from many places. But they are still original characters so I hope people don't get too carried away with the whole Sailormoon thing and start crying foul when things don't go the way they expect. Since the writers wrote for the Nana movie too, I can see that they got ideas from there. The whole dynamic between Ruka and Michiru is really like Nana and Hachi(the whole more than friends less than lovers thing), and using objects like cups and the place they stay(room707, share house) as a bond between the characters. Add in the monologues from the future, yeap. No doubt about it. I'm hoping Hachi will find Nana at the end, like how Michiru will meet up with Ruka again.

And more new Magazine appearances~ (Thx to MaGGiE whoever she is~ I'll try and translate if there's anything interesting.)
Monthly The Television [27/5-30/6]
Lol. Ryo gets the dogs. Juri and Masami get each other. I'm totally fine with that arrangement.

B.L.T. JULY 2008 (lol, they missed a G in there somewhere...nah, just stands for Beautiful Lady & Television)
Loved. (the answer to Michiru's issue? Don't see liberated anywhere...heh)

Oh, man, Juri is as kakkoi as always. Especially the first one! :wub:
You know what, I think they're totally trying to brainwash the viewers with all these JurixMasami pictures. I don't see any EitaxMasami or EitaxJuri anywhere recently...They're definitely hints to what's coming and how it's gonna end~
a) Ruka will come back as (insert answer here)
b) Michiru and Ruka will have a happy ending Yes/No
:mrgreen:

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 26th, '08, 18:00

Takeru runs after Ruka yelling, "I'm coming, Ruka!" Whoa, suspense. Is he running to stop her from leaving or from doing something drastic?
im kinda confused...takeru runs after Ruka yelling, "I'm coming, Ruka!" or Don't go, Ruka! ??

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 26th, '08, 18:13

hanapyupyu & sleepyzzz: count me in! i visit this thread everytime i have a chance to online...it has become a routine for me...dunno what i shud be doing when this show ends ... :(

Yuuki: arigato for all the translations and scans...i can look at them esp RukaXMichiru, grinning like a crazy fan forever!! u r the best!

and back to the CUPS: i do agree that Ruka shud not "sacrifice" Takeru's cup! Thats a little too much....Its kinda weird and funny tho, cuz when u come to think of it, aren't u supposed to use ur own cup to pour coffee for ur "boyfren" instead of using Takeru's? The only reasonable explanation would be that her coach is just fake BF, Ruka do not wana "contaminate" her cup and Takeru shud have noticed that right away! Sigh...

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » May 26th, '08, 23:57

Sorry if its mentioned before...but has anyone noticed the funny dark outline effect (aka. poster edged in photoshop) on Sousuke's images on the official website/pictures??

and

Is the style of the pictures/images significant or it is just cos he is a johnny boy??

Anyway..my view on ep.7
Its all going so wrong between Ruka and Takeru...although I don't think they will ever end up together (I do wish for it though!)...but I wanted them to stay close friends and him being the only guy Ruka will allow to touch and speak freely with...but Ruka is seriously pushing him away and at many points I thought too far and too harsh...I have faith that he won't let go of Ruka so easily and the more she does, the more it hurts him and hence the more we see how much he really loves her! I want Takeru to act as her guardian angel throughout though it is very unfortunate and sad for him to always be the one to protect but never getting anything in return...I feel so bad for him :cry:

As much as Ruka is not being nice to Takeru...I cannot come to say anything negative about dear Ruka....the more pain she inflicts on herself and others..the more I want her to be happy..when will it end!! It makes me think and blame Michiru in fact becuase I love Ruka and Takeru so much that I can't help but think the if Michiru never appeared all will be good. I guess I'm not a sucker for the weaklings. Its so contridicting that those perceived as the strongest (Ruka,Eri,Sousuke?)...are actually the weakest and those that look weak (Takeru, maybe Michiru?) are the strongest deep down under their appearance!

We know for sure that Eri will be the one to find out about Ruka's secret in the next episode but I soooooo want her to share it with Takeru cos that brings him closer to Ruka again as he'll understand yet more about her.

I think Michiru will return to Sousuke because of her fear and witnessing the breakdown of friendship. I think the over-hearing of Takeru&Ruka's row was good and bad...good that she heard and hopefully will get that Ruka and Takeru are closer than others may think..bad because she is seeing the limit of friendship...Sousuke mentioned that friends are different to lovers...Sousuke said he wants to be one with Michiru and at the sharehouse she is seeing how friendship cannot breakdown all the barriers, Ruka has things that she can never talk to friends about and then next she'll see Ruka moving out...her main reason for moving into the sharehouse is now departing her and the house...Michiru..being as vulnerable as she is is easily going to fall into Sousukes trap again by convincing her that he is the only one that will not leave her.

As for the accident at the end of the episode, as much as I want Sousuke to dies, there's no way his dead. I don't really care if he died heroically, tragically or deservedly..I pretty much just want him dead but I know its not happened (yet!).

MuffyLantis

Post by MuffyLantis » May 27th, '08, 01:01

fifimimi wrote:
Is the style of the pictures/images significant or it is just cos he is a johnny boy??
yup, you got it. :salut:

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 27th, '08, 01:27

saved1122 wrote:
and back to the CUPS: i do agree that Ruka shud not "sacrifice" Takeru's cup! Thats a little too much....Its kinda weird and funny tho, cuz when u come to think of it, aren't u supposed to use ur own cup to pour coffee for ur "boyfren" instead of using Takeru's? The only reasonable explanation would be that her coach is just fake BF, Ruka do not wana "contaminate" her cup and Takeru shud have noticed that right away! Sigh...
LOL... glad you see it that way too! :lol Ruka doesn't want anyone using her cup except for Michiru...(remember when Michiru was staying over at the house...and Takeru offers her Ruka's cup for coffee one morning...I forget what episode). Guess the house has a tradition of offering other people's cups to others. But little does Takeru know that he did Ruka and Michiru a good deed...they shared cups! :P Which I think is what he is kinda there for...which is the support for a Ruka/Masami combo (with the photographs and magazine shoots as proof). Either way, I'd be content with a Takeru/Ruka or Michiru/Ruka combo :-)

Gotta admit that this is my first time so active and current with a thread and drama. I like how it has become a routine and I certainly enjoy all the regular and new folks.

As the share house puts it: "Welcome!!" and "Welcome home!!"

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 27th, '08, 01:44

LOL, you got totally suckered by Tenshigure's post.... It's a gag. :lol

Tenshigure

Post by Tenshigure » May 27th, '08, 02:35

Maybe they should just make it, seeing that it seemed to get positive reviews from a few people around here! :lol

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 27th, '08, 03:45

Tenshigure wrote:Maybe they should just make it, seeing that it seemed to get positive reviews from a few people around here! :lol
Troublemaker. :mrgreen:

singsing_sky

Post by singsing_sky » May 27th, '08, 04:44

Hey guys, I know it's a little off topic, but has anyone bought the cups yet?
http://shop.fujitv.co.jp/daiba/category ... /?Banner=1
I tried to filling the form but they only ship within Japan? >_<
The cups are so adorable! Is there anyway to get it here?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 27th, '08, 05:35

yep! Crazy me has bought it!! hahaha I had to go thru a 3rd party though to get them as they don't ship overseas. There are a number of Japanese companies that order on your behalf then ship it to you. THey usually charge 10% fee on the purchase + shipping. I'm getting all three mugs!! haha But I won't be receiving it till mid June cos Ruka's mug was sold out all the time!! So who's the popular one, eh?

To be honest, if it wasn't because of the drama, I'd probably think they were a bit plain.

Anyway, let me know if you want the company name. It's my first time but they're meant to be good.

^Yuuki: Btw, I really like the last two magazine pics (the green background ones). They both look really pretty and the shot on the corner of the page makes it look like they're watching over each other from a distance....aww........must say that Masami has a kind of mesmerised look on her face!! hahah who wouldn't be??

saved1122

Post by saved1122 » May 27th, '08, 06:27

hey, i was wondering if there's anyone who will eng sub those game shows with last friends cast in it?? pls...that would be sooo great...isnt it? pls pls anyone... :D

rulan

Post by rulan » May 27th, '08, 09:33

ok i haven't been on here in such a long time that i almost forgot my sn and pw. i think the last jdrama i watched was yasha and that was such a long long time ago. I found out about last friends from a forum on crunchyroll and man was i happy that did. i love this drama. i really hope they get high ratings but sadly since i don't have international cable i can't help them.

ok just a speculation. who thinks the one to die is gonna be takeru? when michiru was talking about the death it flashed over to a picture with her, ruka, and takeru. we can assume from someone's summary of ep 8 that ruka might not be it and we know it's definitely not gonna be michiru since she's kinda telling the story. so to speculate i'll say ruka and sousake is fighting and takeru jumps in to save ruka but ends up dead somehow. :cry:

as much as i want a happy ending i doubt it's gonna happen for this drama. grr why can't the show be longer i mean 11 or 12 ep is just not enough. seriously i'm watching best selling secrets and it has 200+ eps of nothingness. why do i watch it? nothing else is showing and last friends only comes out once a week so i have to keep myself occupied somehow. :alcoholic: cheers to all.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » May 27th, '08, 12:39

^Yuuki: Yes, there are similarities with Nana too since the writer is the same person. Also, while I think some of the similarities to Sailor Moon's Haruka and Michiru are too startling to be mere coincidences (more like a clever homage or wink to sailor moon fans, lol ), the internal conflicts and serious issues that Ruka and Michiru face in Last Friends are quite different from Sailor Moon.
saved1122 wrote:
Takeru runs after Ruka yelling, "I'm coming, Ruka!" Whoa, suspense. Is he running to stop her from leaving or from doing something drastic?
im kinda confused...takeru runs after Ruka yelling, "I'm coming, Ruka!" or Don't go, Ruka! ??
it is confusing....it depends on which subs you're watching with. Seri's subs say "Don't go, Ruka!" while suketeru's subs say "I'm coming, Ruka!" :scratch:
I agree with you about the cup theory. If Ruka really liked her coach, she'd have used her own cup but she used Takeru's cup instead. Poor Takeru. Like the rest of you have said, I think Ruka purposely did that to further push Takeru away. It can also symbolize that Ruka needs Takeru to take her place to care for others as she herself is not emotionally available to do so...she needs to find herself first.

fifimimi:
Yes, appearances can be deceiving. Ruka is strong on the outside, but actually frail deep inside. It's like the cup that is hard and solid but once dropped, it breaks into pieces. Sousuke is a weakling. Only those who're weak will use violence to dominate others and cover up their own weaknesses. While Michiru is also a weakling to allow herself to be abused by Sousuke, she is not so easily defeated emotionally. Her spirit is bent but not yet broken. Takeru is soft and gentle, so he appears weak but he can stand up to Sousuke and he's been through some awful stuff in his childhood yet he can still relate and care for others and not withdraw into his own shell, so Takeru is not weak at all. Eri is the one whom I'm worried about. She's always chirpy and smiley, but who knows how she truly feels inside and how she deals with her own problems...

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » May 27th, '08, 13:31

Who's gonna die?!!
At first I thought Eri, until someone on here kindly reminded me she will have a spinoff movie after LF ends. So now my money's on Takeru. We all know Ruka isn't gonna die. Sousuke either. It'd just be too obvious. But damn I will cry buckets if/when Takeru goes!

And on another note- cuz no one seems to know- I heard from somewhere that Ruka is gonna go overseas within the next 6 months and get a sex change. True?

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 27th, '08, 13:47

zeiroc: Oh, yeah~ Michiru DID drink from Ruka's cup. ^^ Gotta thank Takeru again. I've said it before, he's like the red string that ties those 2 together. Else Ruka being so stubborn and Michiru being so timid...We might as well just have separate shows. One is Jitensha Josei, the other...er, can be a documentary about DV~ And we wouldn't have all the angst too. So thank/blame Takeru! =3
hey, i was wondering if there's anyone who will eng sub those game shows with last friends cast in it?? pls...that would be sooo great...isnt it? pls pls anyone...
I think there's only 2 'game shows' with Last Friends cast. One is the Waratte Iitomo SP that everyone should have seen by now(if you haven't, you can download through the tracker here or through veoh). The other one is a normal episode of Waratte Iitomo on 10/4(premier day) featuring Juri and Masami. They played guess the sign. I don't mind translating what I can understand(only LF part) if someone can do the timing. ^^

rulan: Hey, welcome back. I joined the forum just because of Last Friends. None other drama has manage to pull me out of the (lurker) closet like this. The urge to rant was too strong. ^^; Sad to say that it's only 11 episodes now. I wonder why they change and changing back from 12 to 11...But yeah, it's typical for Japanese dramas to be this short...Can I hope for a special episode or second season?

Sleepyzzz: Haha, that's because they're yelling to each other. I like what Juri is wearing in The Television one. Both has back-to-back shots but BLT wins for having to one with them holding hands. :thumleft:

Everyone: Here's a HQ version of the scans. :mrgreen: (too big to post~)
Monthly Television JULY
Monthly Television 01
Monthly Television 02
Monthly Television 03
Monthly Television 04

BLT June
BLT 01
BLT 02
BLT 03
BLT 04
hanapyupyu wrote:
fifimimi:
Yes, appearances can be deceiving. Ruka is strong on the outside, but actually frail deep inside. It's like the cup that is hard and solid but once dropped, it breaks into pieces. Sousuke is a weakling. Only those who're weak will use violence to dominate others and cover up their own weaknesses. While Michiru is also a weakling to allow herself to be abused by Sousuke, she is not so easily defeated emotionally. Her spirit is bent but not yet broken. Takeru is soft and gentle, so he appears weak but he can stand up to Sousuke and he's been through some awful stuff in his childhood yet he can still relate and care for others and not withdraw into his own shell, so Takeru is not weak at all. Eri is the one whom I'm worried about. She's always chirpy and smiley, but who knows how she truly feels inside and how she deals with her own problems...
Yeah, I think Ueno Juri mentioned it in one of the interviews too. That Ruka looks strong and like nothing can faze her, but is a very sensitive person inside. And Masami said that Michiru is not as weak as people thinks she is. Kinda inspired my one-shot rant fic too. ^^ (Btw, I wrote another one in Michiru's POV. There'll be a kiss involved. Yikes~ I'm still wondering if I should post...)

magicmusic: Actually what I said was Eri is in the spin-off short series called Eri~My Love. It's aired after each episode of Last Friends. Only around 2 minutes or so per episode. Pay-per-view tho. And about the 6 months thing, I mentioned it in my spoiler translation for episode 8. But we don't know for sure if it's for that or not.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 27th, '08, 14:09

From ueno-juri.com:

A Juri-chan/Ruka cake: :)

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » May 27th, '08, 14:23

Wuuu~ Nice cake xD
Could somebody translate the new entry? *looksatyuuki* ^.^''

Oh, and thank you for the HQ scans,^Yuuki!! <3

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 27th, '08, 14:39

Here's a translation to go with the cake~
From ueno-juri.com's report page

[2008.05.27] Motocross

今日は非常に暑い中、モトクロスシーンの撮影がありました。
エキストラの皆さん、炎天下の中ありがとうございました!
Today, under extremely hot weather, the shooting for the motocross scene was held.
A big thank you to all the extras who had to work under the blazing sun!

いつもお世話になっているモトクロスチーム“レーシングチーム鷹”の皆さんから誕生日ケーキを頂きました。
And from the people helping the motocross team, "Hawk Racing Team", Juri received a birthday cake.

素敵なケーキでしたので記念に写真を撮りました。(樹里が写ってなくてすみません)
Because it was such a lovely cake, we decided to take a commemorative picture. (sorry that Juri isn't in it)

レーシングチーム鷹の皆さんのお心遣い、本当にいつもありがとうございます。
Everybody in "Hawk Racing Team", thank you very much for your constant care.

lzydata

Post by lzydata » May 27th, '08, 14:44

hanapyupyu wrote:
it is confusing....it depends on which subs you're watching with. Seri's subs say "Don't go, Ruka!" while suketeru's subs say "I'm coming, Ruka!" :scratch:
He's saying "Don't go, Ruka!" Probably when Ruka's moving out.
Some notes on stuff happening up to ep7:
1. Yeah we shouldn't have been surprised that Sousuke didn't die: 99.9% of all the people in Japanese dramas who step in front of trains don't :D

2. So Eri does have a friend at the workplace! Compare ep1 where she seems ostracized. Is this a careless inconsistency?

3. I'm also shocked at what they are hinting at with Takeru's older sister. Talk about having issues. And remember she said: "don't tell Dad okay?..." Why not Mom? Hmm.

4. Sousuke's disturbing confidence. "Aren't you lonely? No, I'm not. Why not? Because she'll be coming back."

5. I second whoever said before that Michiru was freaked out when she saw the broken flowerpot most likely because she thought Sousuke had come over to the sharehouse again. So in the end Takeru knows Ruka knows, but Michiru is just left paranoid, as if the guy is haunting her. The entire scene is extremely well done.

All in all I'm quite sad that just as Takeru and Michiru are finally facing up to their inner demons - both facing down Sousuke so bravely - Ruka is suffering because it looks like her secret's about to be exposed to the world and everyone she cares about all at the same time. As again in her monologue towards the end, Michiru always addresses Ruka and always expresses her regret that she didn't cherish her time with her more. Back in ep1-3 I had a better idea of why that would be the case - Ruka protects her from Sousuke's DV - but right now Michiru and Ruka seem so estranged so I'm not sure what to think anymore.

"The bonds between people are really fleeting; love is like a light snow, so easily broken. Ruka. That time when I was able to be with you, that period of happiness for me was much shorter than I thought."
Last edited by lzydata on May 27th, '08, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 27th, '08, 14:58

Anyone knows where I can download this show called MentoreG? It was aired on the 25th.

Here's a short clip:
Masami, Eita, Juri with Masami making weird noises~

lzydata

Post by lzydata » May 27th, '08, 16:10

^Yuuki wrote:Anyone knows where I can download this show called MentoreG? It was aired on the 25th.

Here's a short clip:
Hmmm... after checking the program's official website and all, this looks like it's the preview that was shown on the 25th, so the actual program will be broadcast on Jun 1st. I'm surprised they are still doing publicity so late, but it does look kind of interesting. Message on the left banner is, roughly: "Nagasawa Masami goes crazy, everyone roars with laughter." Just a little 'crazy'.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » May 27th, '08, 17:28

^Yuuki wrote:Here's a translation to go with the cake~
From ueno-juri.com's report page
Thanks for the translation...! :thumleft:

rulan

Post by rulan » May 27th, '08, 20:28

^Yuuki wrote:Anyone knows where I can download this show called MentoreG? It was aired on the 25th.

Here's a short clip:
omg that was freaky :blink . was she raise on a farm or something? hehe still soo cute though.

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » May 28th, '08, 03:52

Thanks for translating!! The cake picture looks a little scary...like Ronald McDonald. I like the staff's cake with the Ruka chocolate though. Mmm...glad to see that Juri and the crew ate a lot of cake this past weekend.

BTW, ^Yuuki I LOVE your middle siggy!!!! ONE of the BEST SCENES EVER! I can't stop watching it when I feel down. The music, the still shots the facial reactions totally worked. Loved the snot rolling from her nose and the friend looking up in terror, but I gotta say that the drummer girl stole the scene...kinda off topic, but she was my favorite character.

P.S. Every Ruka/Juri fan should watch Swing Girls.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 28th, '08, 12:05

lzydata wrote:Hmmm... after checking the program's official website and all, this looks like it's the preview that was shown on the 25th, so the actual program will be broadcast on Jun 1st. I'm surprised they are still doing publicity so late, but it does look kind of interesting. Message on the left banner is, roughly: "Nagasawa Masami goes crazy, everyone roars with laughter." Just a little 'crazy'.
Ahh~ Thanks a lot for the info. I guess they need all the publicity they can get. There have been lotsa magazine appearances but no TV ones after the show started(that I know of) so this is good. So, June 1st eh? This Sunday then. ^^

zeiroc: Totally in my hallmark of best scenes ever~ :mrgreen:

Btw, episode 8 haven't even aired, but I kinda just read the summary for ep9 and a small spoiler for episode 10. ^^; I'll just put the episode 10 one...
第10話
瑠可の秘密を知った美知留だが、受け入れられず戸惑いを隠せない。

Ahaha, double protection. It's in Japanese. But you'll easily get the gist of it with any online translator. If you're desperate enough.
Manga scans ~Prologue~ [RAW]:

Page 01
Page 02
Page 03
Page 04
Page 05
Page 06
Page 07
Page 08
Page 09

Seems like Last Friends Another refers to the manga. The story from Ruka's POV. And since the Prologue practically ends at Michiru's (first) sudden disappearance from Ruka's life, chapter 1 onwards will probably follow the drama's timeline and not their schooling days. Next issue should be in June.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » May 28th, '08, 13:07

^Yuuki: Hey there! Where did you read about episode 9 and 10??? Yes I was desperate enough and dropped that spoiler into an online translator....NOOOOOO!!!!

I need to know more!! Please tell!!

:cry:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » May 28th, '08, 14:00

sleepyzzz: Check your PM. It's in chinese but you should be able to read it. Better not share what you know though. Haha.

BTW, someone ripped the OST previews: DOWNLOAD[3MB]

Looks like they updated the relationship chart~ There's a solid heart now from Michiru to Takeru and Takeru to Ruka. Interesting that there's no heart or any update between Ruka to Michiru. Are they waiting for the final episode to update it or something? ^^;