[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 4th, '08, 12:07

^Yuuki wrote:Oh yeah, someone leaked that they saw Ueno Juri filming a scene by the sea...dare we hope? :mrgreen:
best news of the week. is it going to be a happy ending after all??
dare we hope?. i do.. :D

btw...did that someone mentioned that Eita was there too by the sea???
one can only hope!!!!!!!!! :lol

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 4th, '08, 12:16

wow if she at sea that mean she gonna meet Michiru again......
i would luv the Takeru mug with Eita sign...people at Japan is so lucky

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 4th, '08, 12:19

wow sugoiiiiiiiii
it would be so great if both Eita and Juri at the sea so the trio gonna have a reunion^^
it will much better than just RukaMichiru.....
all three of them together again gonna be awesome lol....

so it might be between Sousuke or Eri who die....

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 4th, '08, 12:32

^Yuuki wrote:avieamber: Welcome. ^^ About MentoreG, any particular parts you really wanna know? I might be able to explain some. Just don't say all. Haha.

And talking about cups, did anyone watch MentoreG? They're giving away Ruka, Masami and Eita's mug cup(each signed by Juri, Masami and Eita)! Gyah~
Thanks! Oh, the MentoreG---> if it's not too troublesome, can you explain what she's talking bout the motocross when the Nintendo game appears on the screen, it looks funny, did she train motocross that way? Haha..but i bet they used stuntman for some scenes right? Then Masami talking bout first time working with both Eita and Juri, and sth bout Juri's short hair cut...

also, Juri talking bout SPEED? and audition? did she actually audition for singing last time lol..?then she was talking bout her sister...(well, basically i'm just curious how she started off)

Sorry if that's too long, i just can't stand it when watching but doesn't know what they were talking bout. I find it very interesting when actors talk bout their past.

Oh and yeah, the CUPS! their autographs on them, whoever got them are lucky!

The sea? haha...at first i thought Ruka's gonna commit suicide by the sea, what's with the whole death discussion. Then i remembered Michiru stayed by the seaside (in ep1) so i suppose she didn't die then. :cheers:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 4th, '08, 13:02

THE MOST ROCKING LAST FRIENDS PICTURES EVER~
(yeah, I know I've posted a few times about it before but these are the complete HQ pics :mrgreen: )

Just imagine an alternate universe where 3 of our favourite main characters are in a rock band and are actually HAPPY...And you'll get these pictures~ Around 40 full coloured pages from the MAY issue of <b>Monthly Kaze to Rock</b> (Wind and Rock). Click on the thumbnails for HQ scans! =3

Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

And they lived happily ever after~ :wub:
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 4th, '08, 13:31, edited 3 times in total.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 4th, '08, 13:05

wah no pics just html tags. awww....

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 4th, '08, 13:35

Fixed~ Sorry about that. Wrong tags. ^^;

avieamber: I'll let you know in a bit. After my dinner. =)

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 4th, '08, 16:45

Right, pardon the double posting. Here's some translations of the stuff in MentoreG.
avieamber wrote: Thanks! Oh, the MentoreG---> if it's not too troublesome, can you explain what she's talking bout the motocross when the Nintendo game appears on the screen, it looks funny, did she train motocross that way? Haha..but i bet they used stuntman for some scenes right? Then Masami talking bout first time working with both Eita and Juri, and sth bout Juri's short hair cut...

also, Juri talking bout SPEED? and audition? did she actually audition for singing last time lol..?then she was talking bout her sister...(well, basically i'm just curious how she started off)

Sorry if that's too long, i just can't stand it when watching but doesn't know what they were talking bout. I find it very interesting when actors talk bout their past.
About the motocross scene:
TOKIO: Ueno-san, for the sake of the role, even challenged motocross.
Juri: Yeah. The bike used is around 90kg, for the falling/crashing scene too, it was tough to even push it back up again.
TOKIO: It does seem tough. It was your first time riding too right?
Juri: Yes. I don't even have a license.
TOKIO: EH!
Juri: When we first started the drama, I went to the motocross arena/center and on the first day itself, rode a 250cc(?) bike.
Then they wonder if it was like the Excite Bike game which was played on the FamiCon(Family Console, the one where you slot in the game tapes to play). It's quite old so they were surprised Juri played it before too.

Asking about their impression of each other:
TOKIO: How was it like co-staring with Ueno-san?
Masami: It was the first time for both of us. I met Juri-chan for the first time during the shooting for the Stills(I think she meant the first ever promo we saw which was basically just shots of them with the ribbons and in those interesting positions). When we met on set, she already have the short cut. "Ah, it's really Ruka~" was my first impression.

For Eita, her impression was, 'very adult/mature' since he seemed very calm. TOKIO agrees~

TOKIO: From Ueno-san's point of view, what do you think of Nagasawa-san?
Juri: On set, when I become unsure of what to do or when the both of us is unsure, somehow, I will say, "I want to protect you".
TOKIO: Ooh~It's that type of character eh? (I wonder what goes behind their minds at that, lol)
Juri: There's (can't catch what she says here) too. I thought that it would influence in the characterization of Ruka.

Juri's debut:
When she was around 12, SPEED was pretty famous then and in school everyone would sing and mimic White Love.

Juri: I thought that if I found a fun work like that, I can have fun all the time.
Then she saw a magazine announcing about an audition. They said they heard that she got into a quarrel during the audition.
Juri: Ah, you mean with my sister?
TOKIO: What did your sister do?

Then Juri says that her sister is very cute, has white skin and is skinny. Unlike her sister, Juri was quite active in athletics at school and so her muscle is pretty apparent and she has dark skin because of staying out in the sun. Plus she didn't prepare any nice looking clothes beforehand...kinda made her feel bad I guess. Her dad went along with the both of them. Even though it was initially just suppose to be her, her sister tagged along too while wearing flashy clothings. She used "Asian chick" as a description. Juri wonders "Why are you standing out more than me!?". The audition was 5 person in a group. They get made up by pro make up artists and stuff which was fun. Then they had to wait for THE phone call for the result. Her mom thought it was a cram school solicitation and slammed down the phone. Luckily they called a 2nd time and she decided to answer it instead. There was a company that wanted to take her in. She was really happy and encouraged but after that no news from them for a while...and so she called and called on her own for like half a year...(lol, pretty determined for someone so young) They gave her advice and stuff, but didn't say when she can get in, just ask her to call again. It went on for a while...After half a year, the president called and ask her to go to Kobe for a talk. At last, manage to get into the company. Then she talks about another audition where she had to go alone and riding shinkansen(bullet train). On the way there, excited and was imagining all kinds of stuff, on the way back...she reflected on stuff. Since she haven't really ride a shinkansen before she was surprised that it didn't sway at all(like an old fashion train would, I expect). That comment made them laugh. She said her first job was obtained during the 8th audition. The clip they show at around 16:30 is it, her debut job. They were surprised because the 'image' is totally different(from now). They've seen it before but they didn't know it was her and praised the acting. What she thinks about her first job. She was surprised that the set/house was actually cut in half and the morning sun all came from the lightings. (geh, long indeed...) And yeah, at first she wanted to be like SPEED, to sing and dance. She even told the company president that, but he said "Hmm, for you it's probably...impossible." LOL. The jobs came along (cm, drama, movies...) and when she realized it, she already became an actress. Then she said it was harder for her to do a movie at first compared to a CM because the obvious differences in length and she wasn't very good yet. The only one she knows then(maybe was influenced by? I don't know) is Arnold Schwazzenneger(Shuwa-chan, lol). I think that's all about Juri. Boleh? =3

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 4th, '08, 17:50

Thanks ^Yuuki! Appreciate the translation!!

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 4th, '08, 18:07

You replied just in time. Or I would have a triple post. Good news~! Looks like there's a special episode on the 26th. Finale is on the 19th and will have an extra 15 minutes. Special episode would have extra 30 minutes~
好视聴率のフジテレビ『ラスト・フレンズ』もいよいよ终盘!
最终话15分拡大に加え、な、なんと特别编も追加决定!!!

気になる结末は特别编でっ

6月12日 第10话 22:20~23:14
    (スタートが20分缲り下がります)
     ※スポーツ番组延长のため

6月19日 最终话 22:00~23:09 (15分拡大)

6月26日 特别编 22:00~23:24 (30分拡大)
Taken from this site: http://www.toho-ent.co.jp/information/i ... p?record=1
Masami Nagasawa's company so should be reliable. :mrgreen:

There seems to be a marathon during the last week before the finale too. So hopefully those who haven't watch can catch up and the finale's rating will high~ ^^

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 4th, '08, 18:43

Yuuki!! Thank you for the great news!! O.O
Wuuuah, I'm getting excited now - OMG.

For me, this sounds like a happy ending (scenes by the sea...?)...
I hope they will meet again and form the "last friends" (Ruka, Takeru, Michiru).

Btw, can't wait for episode 9 anymore *dies*

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » Jun 4th, '08, 20:32

Yuuki, thanks!

So it seems that there _is_ eleven episodes with a special bringing the total to 12. Now all the confusion that we suffered due to the constant change in number of episodes might be gone. (if they won't change it again, that is =)

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 4th, '08, 23:03

cant wait for episode 9 ^^
I just watched episode 8

A question but kinda like a spoiler for epi 8..
Takeru said blah blah then the word suki
isnt suki means Like? maybe its i like you
on the subs its I love you ruka.
woot wow

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 5th, '08, 00:20

Yuuki- THANKS A LOT !!! that certainly cleared things up. xDD :salut:

And " ya, sangat bagus" hehe xD

back to LF- great news bout the Special! I knew there'd be one. :cheers:

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Jun 5th, '08, 00:24

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:
A question but kinda like a spoiler for epi 8..
Takeru said blah blah then the word suki
isnt suki means Like? maybe its i like you
on the subs its I love you ruka.
woot wow
A answer to your kinda spoiler, but my japanese is shakey, lol. But the principle is correct though.
To answer your question, in japanese the word like and love are not used in the same way. Japanese generally only say love when they mean it, its a pretty strong statement. Not like in english where we sling the word around like its nothing. In japanese if some says XXX ga suki it means they have a deep affection for that particular thing. Then comes daisuki, which implies more love or affection for something. aishiteru is a much stronger statement. Its a relationship kind of love. And from what I understand koi is stronger than ai (aishiteru), so koi is reserved for the most devout of lovers, lol I guess.

Well generally suki and daisuki can be used for objects people whatever. But ai and koi are only used talking about romantic love. So... rough rough word sentence

suki< daisuki <ai< koi so they all mean love, but different levels. And when talking about a person suki means love.

pessi_optimism1988

Post by pessi_optimism1988 » Jun 5th, '08, 00:59

singsing_sky wrote:
pessi_optimism1988 wrote:I've been following this thread way before the drama started airing, but I never posted any reply because a lot of people already shared my opinion.

But regarding the one who's gonna die... It might not be the person that a lot people think it will be, or HOPE it will be.. We find Takeru voicing out his thoughts in some episodes, so I think that might be a hint that he WILL NOT be the one who's going to die. Same goes for Ruka. Now, about Sosuke, it is pretty much expected that most of the audience want him to die, but considering the twists in the story, the writers usually end up delivering something beyond the audience's expectations. So, it might not even be Sosuke.

I know this is way off... But I actually think that it might be Eri... She's the least obvious candidate for the character involved in "that death" and we never did hear her narration in any of the episodes.

Is there anybody who agrees.. or KIND OF agrees with me?
I completely agree with your theory. In my opinion, Takeru will most likely survive because he's already taking a beating from Susoke in the next episode, and Ruka also paid her price for protecting Michiru with receiving the hate posters / letters. I believe as the story evolves, and with more attention finally placed on Eri, the next three episodes will play more into her constant battle with loneliness (along with her enormous self-doubt and her pessimistic view of relationships), finally showing her unfortunate consequence for standing up to Susoke.

Btw, it's nice to meet someone who's also from Vancouver that's interested in this drama! :)
Oh yeah! LOL.

Well, nice to meet you too! hihi :D

dawnjadeyin

Post by dawnjadeyin » Jun 5th, '08, 03:56

hi, this drama is really nice ,can't wait for episode 9 haha. ya btw i saw there will be a special episode so will the special normally be included in the dvd? anyway for the dvd will it normally comes out fast after the drama ends or must wait for a long time?? haha will defintely buy the dvd so hope that it will be release fast hehe.

cojung

Post by cojung » Jun 5th, '08, 04:46

Domou minna...LF fans.
My first post here finally :-) after peeking for a (big) while like addicted...totally addicted 555
Love to hear pp talking 'n discuss so many stuffs interesting here.
I'm Eita fan and to see his work I see many of Juri chan's work too..now I become her fan :D As you guys I think this is one of the best credit for Juri and Eita. How wonderful they can change character from old work....

Lately I have to re-watch Tokyo Friends to remind me the cool Eita look...I'm kind of go into his sweetness as Takeru. Somehow make me nervous, he portrait it so real 555. Too sweet for former football player? I read somewhere he's good at that sport. Surprise me.

I love share house mugs and cups so that I ask my friend to order for but he said from Fujishop web...the Ruka and Takeru are sold out last week..wow...

Seem long post and nothing discuss, sorry not good at explanation but njoy you guys POV here a lot.

Can't wait to see Ep-09...I wanna know what had happened to Takeru and how they are going after sweet hug.

Please feel free to spoil me here

:-)

2muchsoda

Post by 2muchsoda » Jun 5th, '08, 05:04

jurippi!!! kawaii!!

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jun 5th, '08, 05:17

Hiyaaa.. um first post here, but like all the rest of you, obsessed with this show XDD

I noticed people were giving their thoughts on who they think is going to die... well.. at first I thought it was going to be Ruka.. but now that I really give it some thought, I now think it will be Takeru..

..mainly because.. Takeru wants to protect Ruka... Ruka wants to protect Michiru... Michiru has an abusive boyfriend..

if you follow the line, you're brought straight to Takeru.. although, Eri is obviously showing some interest in Takeru, so she might save him in the end..

Well anyway, I've rambled far too long XD *runs back to her cave*

AKlRA

Post by AKlRA » Jun 5th, '08, 05:52

i just watched episode 8....

i'm glad that Ruka eventually told Takeru what's up...
it seems like she'll be coming back though (judging from the preview)

so i guess now that the series is coming to an end, people are even more curious about the death, as am i.
i think someone said that they thought it would be Eri... i started to gear towards that suspicion as well,

this is not a spoiler, but in case people aren't up-to-date, i'll put it under that.
it's just my opinions based on what we know already about the death suspicion.

[spoiler]i think Eri would be a logical suspicion of death since she is the only main character that we
don't hear a narrative from, but i doubt it would be suicide. she may be lonely but that's not enough justification for suicide,
so i'm guessing it has to be an "accident" however, if that is the case, it could still be anyone.
up until ep. 8 i still went with my gut feeling that it would be Sousuke that dies, but judging from his
persistence with Michiru still and the fact that from ep. 7's ending they made it seem like Sousuke encountered 'death',
i doubt that they would actually make him encounter death 'twice'. I think everyone could tell from ep. 7 that Sousuke
couldn't have died and because the director made that scene, i feel like it's somewhat of a messege to the viewers telling
us that Sousuke being dead is "too easy."

But at this point in the drama I'm not sure how anyone can guess who
the person of this "incident" was, but it's clear that in the beginning of the drama they made it purposely seem like it was
Ruka (the way Michiru talks to her from a distance we couldn't be quite sure if that's distance was 'out of this world' or simply
just somewhere far. the zooming of Ruka's face while Michiru is speaking gave a suspicion that whoever this person may
be, she must be the "death" that this narrative girl is referring to.) but as we watch the drama, that suspicion slowly reverts
to other characters.

SALON GIRL:
One question about episode 8; the girl who worked at the hair salon with Michiru before (the mean girl),
I recall Michiru being at the library when she caught that girl checking books in the DV section. I was kind of confused
about this. Was she trying to find out as a benefit to herself (meaning has she been been dealing with DV herself?) or does
that girl know that Michiru has been dealing with it, thus looking up information out of curiosity? It kind of made me raise
a brow because it was such a random scene with a character that we never got much insight on (being that she is a minor
character anyway..) so i found this scene very interesting. I was thinking, could it be possible that this girl has been dealing
with the same domestic violence as Michiru was previously? Can we suspect that "Sousuke" could even be linked to this
girl or is that too farfetched? It made me wonder if it's possible that this minor character could even be the "death" that
michiru references. Afterall, Michiru says, "if i could understand people's feelings... or even tried to... maybe that 'death' could
have been avoided." it must be someone she knows on some personal level.

My final thoughts about this "death" is that I don't think it's neither Ruka, Sousuke, or Takeru. I think someone
mentioned Eri or Ogurin but of course Ogurin would be a really odd case not because he's not officially a main character,
but because he's the comic relief. I do agree with the people who think it's Eri and now I'm almost certain it's Eri.
It would make sense because Michiru talks about "understanding this person...." it has to be someone she knew
in the sharehouse. Eri obviously had some kind of connection to Takeru, it was almost as if Takeru was Eri's 'safeguard'
and even though Ogurin seemed to abandon her, Takeru could be there for her. Even if she knew (more like, 'thought') that
Takeru was gay at least she would be reassured that he won't like other girls, but then Michiru comes into play.
Takeru pretty much lied to Eri about being gay and I'm sure that confuses her.
Eri is someone who hides their feelings as well as Ruka.
She plays off herself by saying that she is "loved", "popular", and a good catch, but with Takeru telling Eri that he's gay
and she probably knows by now that's not true.... she must feel like he purposely said that to get her off his back. I can
only imagine what Eri inside must be feeling.
[/spoiler]

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 5th, '08, 06:34

Thanks ^Yuuki for the update! Now that they've told us this special episode upfront, I'm hoping that it won't be one of those re-hash/flashback ones that they always do. Also, do you think that the real ending will be Ep 11 and the SP will just be going back and filling in gaps OR we can actually take the drama to have 12 episodes? I'm hoping it's the latter....

Also, just wondering, I know most people are looking for a Ruka x Michiru ending but to you guys, what would be the ideal and most satisfying ending?

Oooh Ep 9 is on tonight! Let's hope the ratings rock! I've never been eye-ing on ratings this much before on a drama!!

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 5th, '08, 08:03

im looking for the ending where all three TakeruRukaMichiru ending together happily ever after but im more for TakeRuka ending lol^^
hope the rating tonite reach 20%

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 5th, '08, 09:16

Ideally, I would want a deep embrace between Michiru and Ruka - maybe one that starts off with a slight awkwardness but then Michiru realises how comfortable and secure she feels and lets herself fall into Ruka's arms...I wouldn't be so hopeful as to think there will be an outright vocal acceptance from Michiru but something like the above will be almost good enough for me. :wub:

Hmm...but then there's the baby bump between them!! LOL! That kind of spoils it. As for Takeru, although I definitely want him to be there in the end, I'm struggling to see how they can fit them all in the one picture.

The ending to this will be tricky! I hope they don't stuff up! It will be a huge let down if they chicken out in the end.

mutafaca

Post by mutafaca » Jun 5th, '08, 10:12

Yuuki, wa caya sama lu :p
Loved your scans,

how many Last Friends fans from Malaysia, I wonder...
Didnt follow thru the last episode. (episode 8 )
Just moved house and applying for Internet connection.
Hopefully by next week can continue my dose of LF.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 5th, '08, 10:43

^Yuuki wrote: I think your thoughts on Michiru is true...if/as long as she stays oblivious to Ruka's feelings. When she knows AND can accept, then it'll be different. If you ask me, I don't think the current Michiru deserves Ruka. Haha, that's my frustrations for Ruka speaking. But the Michiru speaking from the future, ("the mother than can treasure life" as Masami Nagasawa puts it), I think I'll root for them. ^^
I'd have to agree that up till now, Michiru hasn't done anything for Ruka that shows she deserves Ruka's love. If Ruka hadn't accidentally bumped into Michiru again that fateful day in the store, Michiru would've gone on her merry way with Sousuke and not bothered to keep in touch with Ruka. Meanwhile Ruka never forgot about Michiru and kept thinking of her all these years. On the other hand, Takeru has shown through his actions and sincere confession (that must be daunting for the guy, knowing how unresponsive and curt Ruka can be) that he truly cares for Ruka. Even though he gets the door slammed in his face and his heart ripped out and stomped on by Ruka, he never stops caring for her. I'm rooting for TakeruxRuka not because it's the socially acceptable relationship, but because this love combo touches me more.

So to answer sleepyzzz's question on what the most satisfying ending would be, I'd want an ending that shows me Michiru finally getting Ruka (not just with her inner voice but in action) and revealing her true feelings for Ruka. Their relationship could end as a deep, deep friendship/sisterhood, that's fine too. A reunion of the three RUs would be sweet, but I'm not putting my hopes up that high.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 12:09

dawnjadeyin: I'm looking forward to the DVD set too. Hopefully there'll be more goodies included. ^^ Have no idea when it'll come out though...

avieamber: You're welcome, glad it made stuff clearer for ya. ^^ I wish they were in more shows like these. I remember Nodame had quite a lot of tv show appearances from Juri and Tamaki~

mutafaca: Ah, cyber eh? MMU? Good luck with ur ScremyX connection~ ^^;

About the SP episode, I'm hoping for real storyline as well. But at this point even if they're giving us something like 'the making'/interviews/'extra scenes' I'm happy enough. ^^ That is, provided the ending for ep11 is fulfulling...if Ruka or Takeru dies, I don't think anyone would be in the mood to watch it...>_<

I'm into sleepyzzz and hanapyupyu's ending. A true acceptance and a true hug(learn from Takeru...). No more handshake please(even the 'waratte' juri/masami in my siggy is laughing at it...). Eheh. But with the baby...it would be an interesting hug. How about one from behind? Haha. Ending it like that would be good enough for me. Just leave the possibilities open...(for the special episode or 2nd season for example. lol). As for the other 'friends' that are alive, some kind of resolution to their issues would be nice. ^^

About Eri, here's a spoiler for episode 10...
Apparently Sosuke would be using her to pass more messages/letters to Michiru. I think we can see from ep8 that 'a seed' was planted when they made Eri go to the hospital. Just look at her reactions and how easily Sosuke got under her skin. He's great at seeing through people.
P/S: Episode 10 would be starting 20 minutes late next week. Just to remind those who watch it 'live'.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 5th, '08, 12:34

I'm definitely getting the DVD too when it comes out.Hopefully the DVD set has making of/behind the scenes...it'd be nice to see some NGs too xD But i suppose it wouldn't be that fast. Anyway, i'm just glad that it's over before i go back to university for new semester, coz i won't be able to have decent internet connection once back there. and the SP being that FAST OUT on 26th itself made me even happier~~

claza

Post by claza » Jun 5th, '08, 13:55

Ep 9:

-Shock-

chrry370

Post by chrry370 » Jun 5th, '08, 13:57

OMG just finished ep 9...beware
I can't believe what just happen in the end!? A full on brawl...And omg i hope Ruka is okay! They were smart not to show us anything for next week!

Here's my fingers crossed to nothing bad happening to Ruka...the thought of it just kills me.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 13:58

my first post in this thread only coz Im never home these days and haven't had time to go to the threads of all the dramas Im watching this season....
anyone seen ep 9 that just aired?????????
OMG why the hell did Ruka go to Sousuke's place?????????
and no preview.....I used to hate previews coz they reveal too much, but now I NEED one!!

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 5th, '08, 13:58

SERIOUSLY don't click if you haven't seen episode 09.
GOD DAMNIT, SOUSUKE. YOU HORRIBLE B*****D! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

First Takeru and then he goes and throws Ruka around. Damnit. I'm so angry. So emotional. I've never been like this with a drama before but seeing him beating Ruka up really, REALLY got to me. First I was cheering her on when she was beating him up, because lord knows he deserves it and we all wouldn't have minded Ruka smacking Sousuke about. But I just started shaking when the tables turned. No matter what he's a guy, and she's a girl. In strength, even Ruka couldn't get the upper hand.

Damn it. Someone rant with me.

I swear if he did anything to Ruka.

And no damn preview.

Damnit again.
:stress:

ferno

Post by ferno » Jun 5th, '08, 14:00

みんなさん こんにちわ!始めまして始めましてよろしくお願いします!
minna-san konnichiwa! hajimemashite yoroshiku onegaishimasu

this is my first time posting here after watching the series and reading this board . i just watched the latest episode but i only caught the last half because i didnt know what time it came on lol. Send me a msg if u want to know what I saw because I dont know how to do the hidden thing yet lol.

The only thing I will say is that it is very epic especially the last part.

みんなさん、あとで!
minna san, ato de!

sytyue

O M G

Post by sytyue » Jun 5th, '08, 14:00

First of all, hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time posting

I just turned off my TV and I am in totally shock!
The last scene between Ruka and Sosuke gave me so many conflicted feelings! First I was shocked and extremely happy when Ruka declared that she is the only one who loves Michiru the most.

Then the fight scene rolled around and I was just PISSED OFF at Sosuke the entire time! Hitting Ruka/Juri is just not acceptable by me!!! And what cliffhanger!!! They didn't even give us much of a preview this week!!!!! I'm going to die before next Thurs rolls around.... I wouldn't be surpirse if the show goes up to 20% viewers considering the ending for this week.

Any guesses on what is going to happen between Ruka and Sosuke?
Sigh, I'm still in shock....

Ohnono

Post by Ohnono » Jun 5th, '08, 14:03

the end of ep.9 made me want to cream out. :x
This reminded me about movie called " Boy don't cry" ,just go to hell soutsuke !!! I beg you.
Last edited by Ohnono on Jun 5th, '08, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

crimsonmai

Post by crimsonmai » Jun 5th, '08, 14:06

A question for those who just watched ep 9:
Any speculations on the meaning behind Takeru's cup breaking? Do you think it was just because of what was happening to Ruka? Or could it possibly foreshadow that Takeru's end is drawing near?
I'd like to hear some opinions.

Leyy

Post by Leyy » Jun 5th, '08, 14:08

i just saw the takeru and sousuke part...arrggghhh!!!

demo the last scene is made my heart stop every second!!!! whadda!!!!

mou watashi...still in shock!!!

Rori

Re: O M G

Post by Rori » Jun 5th, '08, 14:08

sytyue wrote:First of all, hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time posting

I just turned off my TV and I am in totally shock!
The last scene between Ruka and Sosuke gave me so many conflicted feelings! First I was shocked and extremely happy when Ruka declared that she is the only one who loves Michiru the most.
Same here! I was just waiting for her to say that, but my heart just got stuck in my throat when Sosuke turned on her.

Was so ecstatic when she gave him a few punches back but, still, I agree, hitting Ruka is not acceptable, especially from Sosuke.
Welcome all first time posters. Heh, there seems to be quite a few of you after this episode. I can see why. The first thing I did after I saw it was rush straight to this thread. It's just an episode,
where you really have to get what you feel off your chest.
ferno, the 'hidden thing' is spoiler tagging. This is how you do it;

type [spoiler*] type your message here [/spoiler] Just make sure you leave out the star that I put in there and the start.
Last edited by Rori on Jun 5th, '08, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Jun 5th, '08, 14:10

That was the worst Way to end that episode. WHY A CLIFFHANGER??
And again with the cup. When the cup broke that just made me cry even more.

RUKA!!!

I love Ruka even more now. She did something even Michiru never did. She fought back.
I swear I just want to kill Sousuke. First Takeru and now Ruka.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 14:12

crimsonmai wrote:A question for those who just watched ep 9:
Any speculations on the meaning behind Takeru's cup breaking? Do you think it was just because of what was happening to Ruka? Or could it possibly foreshadow that Takeru's end is drawing near?
did you notice the cup didnt break into pieces? I thought that has to be symbolic somehow.....as if Ruka will break a bit, but not totally crumble. but, really, your guess is as good as mine
and yes yes this episode makes me wish I had a flatmate to talk it over with!

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 14:13

did you notice the cup didnt break into pieces? I thought that has to be symbolic somehow.....as if Ruka will break a bit, but not totally crumble. but, really, your guess is as good as mine

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 14:14

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 14:14

I tot they end every episode on a cliff...you mean this one is the worse yet? Woah~ *restrains self from clicking on anything~ >_<

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 14:14

Well, obviously Ruka is gonna get fucked up pretty bad!
I WENT ON A CAPPING SPREE WITH EP 9. You can catch the POOR QUALITY STREAM RIPPED CAPS HERE.

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 14:16

sorry for the three posts my browser is freaking out on me
gomen ne!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 5th, '08, 14:20

SHITE!! I just read all the spoilers.....sounds bloody bad!!!

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 5th, '08, 14:20

Seriously, I'm so scared for Ruka.

I would have rather it ended on a cliffhanger with Sosuke attacking Takeru like some people guessed but instead they gave us a fist match between Sosuke and Ruka and her pinned down on the floor in the end.
^Yuuki wrote:I tot they end every episode on a cliff...you mean this one is the worse yet? Woah~ *restrains self from clicking on anything~ >_<
It has to be the worst cliffhanger yet. I'm still shaking from this episode myself.

hadmish, don't worry, forum seems to be on a lag here, too. Tried to correct my typos in my post 3 times and it won't let me. >_<

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 5th, '08, 14:29

wow reading all ur spoiler really gonna kill me fast :cry:
this really a bloody ep lol :pale:
both my fav gonna get hurt badly

blammer

Post by blammer » Jun 5th, '08, 14:30

Hello all, I've been a lurker to this topic all the while, but episode 9 prompted me to find an outlet for me to vent.

My thoughts on episode 9
GAH!!! Lol, when ruka entered sousuke's apartment, I was already thinking of the worst. And yeah, I really hope ruka doesnt get ruined by sousuke...no no no,please no

sytyue

Post by sytyue » Jun 5th, '08, 14:34

blammer wrote:Hello all, I've been a lurker to this topic all the while, but episode 9 prompted me to find an outlet for me to vent.

My thoughts on episode 9
GAH!!! Lol, when ruka entered sousuke's apartment, I was already thinking of the worst. And yeah, I really hope ruka doesnt get ruined by sousuke...no no no,please no

I was so surprised too!
I thought Ruka would kinda run away after she kicked Sosuke once! But I can't believe he just tossed her around like that! Made me want to punch something!

And end leads me to think many bad things >< It somehow looked to me like Sosuke was going to rape Ruka. Maybe I'm still in denial but I don't really see why he would do such a thing! Unless he's doing it just to spite her which would make me wanna break my TV the next time I see him on it. Sigh, I'm trying to think of some good way that Ruka can get out of this mess but the best I can come up with is that she will just get beat up some more before he let's her go >< But that doesn't seem very hopeful

AHHHHHHHH *rips out hair*

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 14:35

Am I like the only one that kept thinking " You are so stupid, Ruka " when she went to his apartment? Seriously. You saw what he can do to Takeru and you think you can take him on? Ha. Haha. Hahaha. lawl.

But in a way, I'm pretty pathetic because I was going " YES, some actual fight scenes going on here ". But I'm still like D: I went more " Oshit " when Takeru got slapped in the face with Sousuke's wooden leg, I mean, crutch.
Last edited by Ladymercury on Jun 5th, '08, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 5th, '08, 14:36

;__;
I want to watch it, too!!
Before I can't resist anymore (clicking the spoilers) I should post this instead...:

Hikaru Utada just watched episode 9 and she posted something on her blog about it...
I don't really understand it, so could somebody translate it?
おそすぎる こわすぎる 6.5(Thu) 22:56 J

初めて、ラストフレンズ観れた!

なんとなく今までのストーリーは分かる感じだったからよかった、おもろかった!

錦戸さんまじKOEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 14:38

" For the first time I'm finally understanding Last Friends!

For some reason, up until this story, I felt as if I didn't really get it. It's really interesting!

Nishikido-san, don't do it! OKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "
Last edited by Ladymercury on Jun 5th, '08, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 5th, '08, 14:38

[quote="sytyue"]

I thought Ruka would kinda run away after she kicked Sosuke once! But I can't believe he just tossed her around like that! Made me want to punch something!

And end leads me to think many bad things >< It somehow looked to me like Sosuke was going to rape Ruka. Maybe I'm still in denial but I don't really see why he would do such a thing! Unless he's doing it just to spite her which would make me wanna break my TV the next time I see him on it. Sigh, I'm trying to think of some good way that Ruka can get out of this mess but the best I can come up with is that she will just get beat up some more before he let's her go >< But that doesn't seem very hopeful

[/quote

yeah my thoughts exactly.......
Im hoping she won't get raped...but I can somehow see the symbolism with the cup not really breaking. but I refuse to think it...well....trying to anyways. we all know its not gonna end well so this leads us to the worst speculations....

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Jun 5th, '08, 14:42

sytyue wrote:
blammer wrote:Hello all, I've been a lurker to this topic all the while, but episode 9 prompted me to find an outlet for me to vent.

My thoughts on episode 9

I was so surprised too!

I called Ruka a few idiots when she first walked into Sousuke's house. I already knew a fight would break out, but I don't think he's going to rape her.
I was praying that she would pick up a piece of the lamp and stab him with it, but i have a feeling he's going to take a piece of the lamp and trying to stab her instead.

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 5th, '08, 14:43

hi all, where did you watch epi 9?

help... help... help...

blammer

Post by blammer » Jun 5th, '08, 14:44

I watched it from my computer. Streamed live from a program that I found on d-addicts.

Tatsuri

Post by Tatsuri » Jun 5th, '08, 14:44

son2 wrote:hi all, where did you watch epi 9?

help... help... help...
I watched it with TVU player.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 5th, '08, 14:46

as always...seeing all those spoiler tags around, and the tension around, i clicked on them all...and

:crazy:

i seriously need ep 9 now, RAW or not...i need it now! *ok, calm down, calm down...*

:cry:

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 5th, '08, 14:46

Ladymercury wrote:" For the first time I'm finally understanding Last Friends!

For some reason, up until this story, I felt as if I didn't really get it. It's really interesting!

Nishikido-san, don't do it! OKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "
Wuuuah, thank you!!

I hope I won't click on the spoilers... :goggle:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 14:47

I don't think he's gonna rape her. I think he's just gonna scare her and f*** her up a bit
TVU Player

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 5th, '08, 14:47

OMG, seems like a very interesting episode!! can't wait to watch it~!!! :hissy:
so, how much the rating is this time? someone knows? :unsure:

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 5th, '08, 14:50

Thanks Tatsuri & blammer

TVU Player.... I can not use it, since I am using mac not windows.

should be patient enough to watch it from fourlc.com. fuihhh...

claza

Post by claza » Jun 5th, '08, 14:54

初めて、ラストフレンズ観れた!

錦戸さんまじKOEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
It's more like (the last line)

Nishikido-san is seriously SCARY!!!

...Right?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 14:58

Kowai is the japanese word for scary.... Unless OKE is a new word I don't know about

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 15:00

claza wrote:
初めて、ラストフレンズ観れた!

錦戸さんまじKOEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

...Right?
Yep. ^^ And it's obviously used as a slang here....

I've just watch Last Friends for the first time.

Somehow, I feel like I can understand the story and am really glad. It's really interesting!

Nishikido-san is seriously scaryyyyyyyyyy!!!

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 5th, '08, 15:04

^Yuuki wrote:
claza wrote:
初めて、ラストフレンズ観れた!

錦戸さんまじKOEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

...Right?
Yep. ^^ And it's obviously used as a slang here....

I've just watch Last Friends for the first time.

Somehow, I feel like I can understand the story and am really glad. It's really interesting!

Aah, sooo... Thanks ^^v

And you know what... I clicked on almost all spoilers... :goggle:

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » Jun 5th, '08, 15:08

Now it would be a perfect time for Ruka to awaken as Sailor Uranus and beat Sousuke repeaditly with World Shaking......

I wasn't able to watch it... The audio was fine, but video was updating may be once per minute... Mou!
*patiently waits for the raw*

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 5th, '08, 15:14

^Yuuki wrote:I've just watch Last Friends for the first time.

way to go, Utada Hikaru-chan~!!! glad she likes it~ :lol :lol

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 5th, '08, 15:19

Ooh, I was off XD

Utada has to like it, she did have her song used for the theme ;P

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 15:20

TokyoJuice wrote:
And you know what... I clicked on almost all spoilers... :goggle:
Lol. Me too. I guess now what I read about episode 10 makes sense now.
It says Ruka goes back to the Share House after being attacked by Sousuke. She kinda moves back in and decides to use her life to protect Michiru...(seriously where are the cops??)

[I've also heard about rumours of a rape too(not necessarily by Sosuke, could be some guys he hired)...but I'm trying to ignore all that...>_<]

Now I know why Takeru's beatings are being previewed that early...they had bigger cliffhangers in store! Gyah!

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 5th, '08, 15:24

Ladymercury wrote:Ooh, I was off XD

Utada has to like it, she did have her song used for the theme ;P
Ahaha~ More like she promised Ueno Juri she will definitely watch it when they met at the Hey!Hey!Hey! performance before LF started. Juri was filming nearby and decided to visit. ^^

But she only started watching now...^^; She did say that she rarely watch dramas. So to be posting right after the show ended on TV, look at the time it was posted => "6.5(Thu) 22:56" it must mean she really liked it and was equally shocked as you guys are at how it ended. LOL.

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 5th, '08, 15:28

^Yuuki wrote:But she only started watching now...^^; She did say that she rarely watch dramas. So to be posting right after the show ended on TV, look at the time it was posted => "6.5(Thu) 22:56" it must mean she really liked it and was equally shocked as you guys are at how it ended. LOL.
I noticed that, too!!
She should join d-addicts then! xD
And discuss with all of us here! Hehehe~
Last edited by TokyoJuice on Jun 5th, '08, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 5th, '08, 15:29

sarah117: TV ratings are not out yet - usually it takes a day for me to find it. Don't worry! Trust me - My eyes are glued to the Japanese Wikipedia website - once it is updated I'll let everyone know.

Btw, in case people weren't aware - looks like Episode 10's name is 愛と死 - pretty sure it means "Love and Death".

Aaaah.....

D&mn Sousuke!! :cussing:

namie

Post by namie » Jun 5th, '08, 15:37

sleepyzzz wrote:sarah117: ooks like Episode 10's name is 愛と死 - pretty sure it means "Love and Death".
Aaaah.....
D&mn Sousuke!! :cussing:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!