[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 6th, '08, 04:56

Okay... I'll just guess..
Maybe really sousuke did raped ruka, Ruka got knocked up, Then Ruka committed suicide about that. AHHAHAHAH lol sorry i just wanted episode 9 so i did think up larger
i read those damn spoilers hahahah

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 6th, '08, 04:58

Currently stuck in San Diego airport with no idea when my plane will get here... ;_;
Luckily there's free wifi... :D

I have to admit that I've only been following this drama peripherally, but as I was half watching the live stream for ep 9 early this morning (while I was working) I became completely enthralled at that last scene. I have to say, this show has some amazing endings... Just an awesome scene...
erm... at least until the very ending of the ep.... :fear:

Ha....
Now I gotta get the rest of this ep to figure out what I wasn't paying attention to... ^_^;

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 6th, '08, 05:00

son2 wrote:
sad_dumpling wrote:PLLEEEZE WHERE CAN I FIND EPISODE 9?!?!?!
aaarrrrrrrgggg.... i'm dying :cry: ....
this is wat i get for reading spoilers
http://community.livejournal.com/ourhou ... 5#t5992225
or here
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14150115fZ9A4n7A?rank=1&
WHY JUST VEOH WONT LOAD NOO~!
IM GONNA DIE :mrgreen:

gustov

Post by gustov » Jun 6th, '08, 05:17

ep9

whoa. This show is just getting better and better. It's been a while in an action show that I've said "KICK HIS ASS!!!".... and this is a J-drama. haha. Love it!

I don't think I've seen a scene like that in any 'love relationship' drama, yet.

Juri is just amazing!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 05:24

roon wrote:
@bmwracer: I'll bring the flamethrower. ;x
Aww, that takes the fun out of it... Shouldn't setting this monster on fire be a multi-participant sport? :mrgreen:

Flame on....!!!!

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » Jun 6th, '08, 05:26

Yay! They did write the preview on the official site!

Can anyone please translate it to calm us?

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 6th, '08, 05:29

bmwracer wrote:
roon wrote:
@bmwracer: I'll bring the flamethrower. ;x
Aww, that takes the fun out of it... Shouldn't setting this monster on fire be a multi-participant sport? :mrgreen:

Flame on....!!!!
i don' t know why you put it under the spoiler tag but yea i agree. this should be a group thing. i told my friend about you guys and how i'll be bringing stuff too and she's like omg it's just a drama it's not real. i just told her that yea that's true but you'll act the same way if you watched the whole thing.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 05:32

rulan wrote:i don' t know why you put it under the spoiler tag but yea i agree.
Gomen... Force of habit. :)
this should be a group thing. i told my friend about you guys and how i'll be bringing stuff too and she's like omg it's just a drama it's not real. i just told her that yea that's true but you'll act the same way if you watched the whole thing.
Right on.

Maybe we should have a Sosuke bonfire... With him as the fuel. :mrgreen:

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 05:38

I'd offer to bring the marshmallows, but I really don't think we'd want to eat anything that's been toasted on top of a crispy Sosuke :crazy:
But I'm still hoping that he has a change of heart and becomes a good little boy... I was just watching another show with Ryo in it with my sister.. and she was all gushing, "He's so cute! He's so cute!" and I just couldn't look at him in the same way anymore. I need him to redeem himself so I can enjoy him like I used to :mrgreen:. I guess it just means that he's playing his character way too well.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 6th, '08, 05:43

Hikaria wrote:I'd offer to bring the marshmallows, but I really don't think we'd want to eat anything that's been toasted on top of a crispy Sosuke :crazy:
yea i would hate for my pure white marshmallows to be tainted with his dirty ashes. :crazy: eeww.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 05:48

Here ya go:

Image Gee, I feel better now. :mrgreen:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 05:54

Let's just all imagine it's him. 8)

And count me in the *unite against Sousuke/ Ryo* group haha xD I know it's just a drama...but i can't help it.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 05:56

avieamber wrote:Let's just all imagine it's him. 8)
Should we e-mail the pic to the writers as a suggestion? :lol

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 06:04

bmwracer wrote:
haha we totally should..like give them the idea of ending him up like this, on fire. :thumright:

bherd

Post by bherd » Jun 6th, '08, 06:05

The drama is off the chain. That means in ebonics " kool as ****". "hyped over the top". I'm a newbie from the U.S.A. Thanks to all of you for your videos and translations. The only justice in this drama, would be for All of the friends to open a can of whup-ass on Sou. !!!!!!!!!!! A large can of whup-ass. Don't kill him just provide him with a long period of suffering .
Last edited by bherd on Jun 6th, '08, 06:10, edited 1 time in total.

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 06:05

I'm going to have to wait on my judgment there...
It all depends on if he actually rapes Ruka, like it looks like he's going to do. Cause if he doesn't, then I might not go quite so hard on him. Though after the things he's already done to everyone up until this point, he already deserves it.

But I'll have to wait until the next episode to decide what I think his fate should should be... Then again, after I watch the next episode, I'll probably still feel like torching him no matter what he does, so.... got anymore fuel for the fire?

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 06:09

avieamber wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
haha we totally should..like give them the idea of ending him up like this, on fire. :thumright:
Yeah, we should... It'll possibly be the first time a drama was decided by the viewers, not the writers. :mrgreen:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 6th, '08, 06:09

bmwracer wrote:
:thumleft: good idea but it might come off as more of a threat than a suggestion. :whistling:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 06:10

rulan wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
:thumleft: good idea but it might come off as more of a threat than a suggestion. :whistling:
The ends justifies the means. :whistling:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 6th, '08, 06:12

bherd wrote:The drama is off the chain. That means in ebonics " kool as ****". "hyped over the top". I'm a newbie from the U.S.A. Thanks to all of you for your videos and translations. The only justice in this drama, would be for All of the friends to open a can of whup-ass on Sou. !!!!!!!!!!! A large can of whup-ass. Don't kill him just provide him with a long period of suffering .
heheh i'm in the US too but i don't represent like you. well sadly there's only 11 ep so unless they make the special all bout sousake's suffering i doubt the fans would be satisfied.

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 6th, '08, 06:17

OMG, guys!!!! Just finished watching ep09 sans subs :roll how much of the show I got, I've no idea. LOL

And yes... I clicked and read the spoiler tags, but still was surprised!
OMG, I totally knew Takeru would get smacked down but still that scene made me jump. :crazy:

I mean... how can you not love Takeru??? And Eita for that matter... that mistake Sousuke made is perfectly understandable.... I almost cried when Ruka came back home and saw him on the bed, and he said Okaeri.... gosh~~~

And that last scene... man, what a scene~~~~ I was just waiting for Ruka to knee him in the nuts. That would certainly help for the new Sousuke's spawns to not spread with as much efficacy. She did give him a run for his money though... she did a pretty good job, he just had to make sure he was getting hit back by a girl.

I'm thinking though.... the whole show wouldn't center so much around Sousuke and DV, if Ruka, Eri, Takeru, Ogurin alongside Michiru just file a restriction order against Sousuke. Why hadn't they??
Did anyone else enjoyed Eri, Michiru and Eita singing Zip-Ah-Dee-Doo-Dah as much as me??? :lol

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 06:24

siutou_amy wrote:Did anyone else enjoyed Eri, Michiru and Eita singing Zip-Ah-Dee-Doo-Dah as much as me??? :lol
Haha... yes, that was great! And Eita on the guitar! I loved it soooo much :lol I started getting all fan-girl when I saw that lol...
Last edited by Hikaria on Jun 6th, '08, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 6th, '08, 06:25

sleepyzzz wrote:Hey everyone!! Rating was at 18%!!

I think there is a chance for it to hit 20% in the next episode!
only 18%? i thought it would reach higher than that.. if i were in japan, i sure will make it higher and higher, by forcing all of my family and friends to watch it. :P
once more, we can't judge a drama only by its rating, right? because this drama deserves more that that!! :lol

bherd

Post by bherd » Jun 6th, '08, 06:35

1) Will this drama be renewed ?

2} Why did Eri go to the hospital to visit Sousuke?

3} How many beatdowns can one man give to a group of friends. Damn !

4} Ruka gets a 10 out 10 for courage.

MuffyLantis

Post by MuffyLantis » Jun 6th, '08, 06:46

Did anyone also realise when Ruka came back to the Share House and Takeru, Ogurin and Eri were preparing the chicken, Eri shooed Ruka away from the kitchen and at the background, you can see Ogurin grabbing Takeru's collar. lawl 8D what was that about

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 06:46

As for your first question bherd... I have no idea, but I don't know if I could last through a second season of this show...

Though it is completely addicting to the point of me being beyond help, it's mentally exhausting to wait for and then watch the episodes. If I had to spend another season of going insane all week until the new one is available, followed by my yelling at the screen for an hour, I'd drive myself crazy.

Then again, I'm such an addict I'd gladly welcome the extra mental drain just for more episodes... I don't want it to end!!!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 06:51

sarah117 wrote:
sleepyzzz wrote:Hey everyone!! Rating was at 18%!!

I think there is a chance for it to hit 20% in the next episode!
only 18%? i thought it would reach higher than that.. if i were in japan, i sure will make it higher and higher, by forcing all of my family and friends to watch it. :P
once more, we can't judge a drama only by its rating, right? because this drama deserves more that that!! :lol
so true! I was expecting it to at least be around 19% since the last episode got 18.8% (right?)
What are the japanese viewers busy with anyway? haha xD
:scratch:

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 06:52

MuffyLantis wrote:
Did anyone also realise when Ruka came back to the Share House and Takeru, Ogurin and Eri were preparing the chicken, Eri shooed Ruka away from the kitchen and at the background, you can see Ogurin grabbing Takeru's collar. lawl 8D what was that about
Hahahaha... I missed that the first time around! Nice catch!
Maybe it's because Eri and Takeru hit him for opening the door to the oven just before Ruka came into the kitchen. I think he's getting back at Takeru first.... cause he can get back at Eri later, in much more fun ways... if you know what I mean :D

Sorry, couldn't resist...

bherd

Post by bherd » Jun 6th, '08, 06:57

Hikaria what about my other questions? And do you agree with my last statement

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 6th, '08, 07:06

i watch again the scene ruka vs. sousuke...

and i don't know... after sousuke ripped her cloths, i payed attention of his looks and it's so scary

i know that sousuke thinks that ruka is a man. but.. she still have female body right?!

and... this could turns sousuke become the real monster!!!

the look on ruka's face.... she seems shock and afraid at the same time.

i just hope she could think clearly at that time and find away to knock down him and run!!!

bherd

Post by bherd » Jun 6th, '08, 07:15

Maybe the phone will ring or something to distract Sousuke for a minute and give Ruka time to recovery. I don't believe that a rape will occur. I believe she will fight him to the bitter end before allowing that to happen.

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 07:26

bherd wrote:2} Why did Eri go to the hospital to visit Sousuke?
I'm not sure on why she went there for the first time, perhaps to tell him not to send letters via little children anymore? I think though, when she saw him lying there, she saw a helpless guy in the bed, instead of the monster that she knows him to be.

Then, she started to feel upset knowing that he loves Michiru so much even still, and was sad that no one had the same strong feelings for her. It was pretty evident that she wished she received the love letters when she was later reading them back at the sharehouse.

I think she visited him a second time out of an act of her loneliness... probably justifying it like, "it's okay since he's hurt, and he'll be someone that will pay attention to me, since it's not like he can get up and leave." (Mind you, he obviously could, since that's what he did). That's just the impression that I got from her.
bherd wrote:3} How many beatdowns can one man give to a group of friends. Damn !
Apparently when it comes to Sosuke, there is no limit. It was a bit of a shocker to see his two severe beatings so close to one another though, because I've been more accustomed to his one random act of violence per episode, so having the second one come up so soon was a big shock to me.

I'm thinking though, that the beatings are supposed to be sending the message out to Michiru and her friends that he means business. He's hoping that Michiru will return to him so that no one else will be hurt, but at the same time, I think that he's also trying to send the message out to the others that if they help her, they will also be hurt. My guess is he's trying to make everyone abandon Michiru for fear they will get hurt, so that Michiru runs back to Sosuke because he'll be all that she has left. Or that he's hoping she'll just cut to the chase and come back to him before he has to beat everyone up.

Since I don't think he's intending to kill anyone... seeing as he left Takeru still alive, then I think it's more of a way to just get his message out that Michiru belongs to him. Since Ruka obviously didn't get the message when he was spreading around the letters about her, he had to step things up a notch.
bherd wrote:4} Ruka gets a 10 out 10 for courage.
I definitely agree with you on this point. Just her going to Sosuke's apartment was a huge amount of courage. She knew what could happen, but she still went anyway. I doubt if faced with the same situation, the others could have done it so bravely.

Plus, when she was inside, she didn't just try to gloss over things so that Sosuke would stay calm. She said things that would get him angry, and they did just that. Even when he came at her, hit her and threw her around, she still faught him back with everything she had.

What I'm unclear of though is if she went to the apartment hoping for a fight, seeing as she was choosing her words and making them painful enough that Sosuke would lose his temper. (Not that it takes much effort for that to happen).

I think that she wanted to hurt Sosuke, for all the things he'd done to her, and to Michiru and now his latest beating of Takeru. But it seems that she didn't want to stoop to his level and resort to violence until after he'd thrown the first punch, even if it was somewhat baited out of him by Ruka.

But yes, to do all that, and get some great hits and kicks in, she's definitely got courage. It's nice to see someone taking a bit more of a proactive approach to stopping Sosuke, I just hope that she doesn't have to pay dearly for doing it.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 6th, '08, 08:09

watching epi 9 on youtube!!!!

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 6th, '08, 08:17

^ finally :)

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 08:18

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:watching epi 9 on youtube!!!!
youtube has them already? :cheers:

but i fear...and i dread to watch that scene... :cry:

AndLoveYelledNO

Post by AndLoveYelledNO » Jun 6th, '08, 08:44

The script from episode 9. My translator makes a mess of it though
http://jdrama.cc/node/96
I think it's pretty much implied that Ruka gets raped, with the cup breaking at that exact time. I doubt they'll continue that scene in episode 10.

I started crying because this is something that Ruka might not be able to come back from. Especially considering her gender issues and how she reacted when that man kissed her. I'm so worried for her

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 6th, '08, 09:18

thanks AndLoveYelledNO,

helps a bit while waiting for the subs

*Okashi*

Post by *Okashi* » Jun 6th, '08, 09:31

siutou_amy wrote:
I'm thinking though.... the whole show wouldn't center so much around Sousuke and DV, if Ruka, Eri, Takeru, Ogurin alongside Michiru just file a restriction order against Sousuke. Why hadn't they??
I don't get it either... I mean he's done enough already, not only to Michiru, but Takeru, too. At least at that point they should have called the police or something... before it gets any worse. :-(

vis

Post by vis » Jun 6th, '08, 09:34

I don't think she'll get raped either though he clearly attempted to do just that at the end of episode 9... In the first episode Michiru mentioned something about a death right? If so there might be some accident in the struggle that results in Sousuke getting killed? Just a thought... !
Ah, well we'll see... I can't believe it's the last episode airing next week

AndLoveYelledNO

Post by AndLoveYelledNO » Jun 6th, '08, 09:39

*Okashi* wrote:
siutou_amy wrote:
I don't get it either... I mean he's done enough already, not only to Michiru, but Takeru, too. At least at that point they should have called the police or something... before it gets any worse. :-(
I very much agree. They should have also called his job.

But i think they kept hoping he would eventually give up. But he said it himself...he will never stop until he dies.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 09:40

ok, i just watched the one on youtube....and like OMG 0_0 RUKA!!! you can see in her face that she KNEW EXACTLY WHAT SHE is doing, and like someone said before, she chooses her words carefully so as to make her point to Sousuke *although i don't understand Japanese, but it seemed more than enough to trigger Sousuke's sudden burst of anger* Ruka should get 11 out of 10 for courage really T.T She knew it would end up bad but she still went. And my heart was thumping real hard and it literally STOPPED when evil evil Sousuke punched her on the guts...like WOW...it seemed so real, i know it's acting but still.My heart really went all out to Ruka. And the LAST SCENE where he rips her shirt open and then Takeru's cup fell, that is so SAD. this is intense...i mean, takeru was really badly beaten up already...now Ruka...I'm gonna be depressed for a while now...

Elliah

Post by Elliah » Jun 6th, '08, 11:42

can anyone translate the preview for ep10 on the official website?

moonchyld

Post by moonchyld » Jun 6th, '08, 11:46

Based on the preview voice of Sousuke...
Rough translation: "[Michiru] this is the only place where you belong. I will not let you go until I die."

I'm thinking Sousuke is the one that will die in the end. It seems like nothing will stop his craziness as long as he doesn't get locked up in jail or he dies. Don't you think that the 2 straight brutal attacks to the 2 most lovable characters in the drama has made everyone just HATE him? I think they purposely did that so that no one will complain if he dies. hehe :cussing:

i doubt ruka will be raped. it is michiru who got knocked up in the end (Sousuke's rape scene in a few episodes ago...), not ruka. ^^> besides, the drama won't mean anything if the bad person gets his way with destroying people's lives all the time. it's obvious the drama wants to help people suffering from DV, not scare them further.

and yes, RUKA is COURAGEOUS indeed! I was moved when she said in the end that SHE was the one who truly loved Michiru, and the love of Sousuke was not real love. :salut: :wub:

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 6th, '08, 12:45

Hey all! I haven't watched episode 9 yet - (though I've read all the spoilers!!!) but all this discussion makes me think of one thing - how come no-one has mentioned Michiru??

I mean, how has she reacted to all this? I'm assuming she knows Takeru got beaten up by Sousuke, right?? If I were her, I'd feel terrible and probably grab a bat and give Sousuke some serious thinking...(with a few people alongside....)

I'd be really annoyed if she didn't get a shock from this all and did something about it...!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 12:47

there are two possibilities i can think of for ep10
One is that either Sousuke got his way and made his point CLEAR to Ruka that he doesn't want anybody gets in his way with Michiru by maybe raping her or just beating her up real bad. Another is for Ruka to finally gain enough energy after getting tossed around by him and managed to jerk him off and ran away. And yeah, Michiru was the one who got knocked up, thus the baby, and the only father i can only think of is Sousuke.

Btw, it's only right for Sousuke to be the only one who died in the end after what he has done. Oh, there's one scene which i find particularly very touching, that was when Ruka rushed back to see Takeru, lying there on bed, and Takeru was like smiling his best and said " Okaeri" to her...That made me tear up. Another amazing performance by both Takeru and Ruka :wub:

About Michiru---> yeah she was very sorry for what happened to Takeru and knew it's her fault for luring Sousuke towards Takeru. But as always, Ruka being such a good friend consoled her, saying it's not her fault and it's Sousuke's.I guess nobody really mentioned her since there are far more IMPORTANT things to talk about atm...the TWO FIGHTS

bherd

Post by bherd » Jun 6th, '08, 12:59

Why did Ruka go over to Souske apartment?

Hi Hikaria.
You make some excellent points.

1) I also think that Ruka knows that Takueka is really in love with her. And had it not been for her introducing him to Michiru and telling him to protect her he would not have gotten a beating.
( Remember Takueka also knows that Ruka is truely in love with Michiru)

2) She was also standing up for a second time for herself and her feelings , being true to herself and no longer hiding.

3) I think she know or had an idea what Souske was going to do, but the emotional pain in her life was far deeper and more painful than any pain one human could dish out.

4) Last but not least Ruka loves with such passion and conviction that again she felt that she must protect the ones that she deeply loves..

I would love to write a story with such worthy context and substance. You very seldom experience this in the movies and TV business. Bravo to everyone involved

crisdrag

Post by crisdrag » Jun 6th, '08, 13:16

Thank you very much for translating. I was really curious about what they said.
I think though that there's enough tragedy in the drama and the writers should bring more sunshine back. Some happiness to make you feel that there's good also and justice. And, concerning Ruka, some well deserved reward for her years of constancy, loyalty and love!
moonchyld wrote:Based on the preview voice of Sousuke...
Rough translation: "[Michiru] this is the only place where you belong. I will not let you go until I die."

I'm thinking Sousuke is the one that will die in the end. It seems like nothing will stop his craziness as long as he doesn't get locked up in jail or he dies. Don't you think that the 2 straight brutal attacks to the 2 most lovable characters in the drama has made everyone just HATE him? I think they purposely did that so that no one will complain if he dies. hehe :cussing:

i doubt ruka will be raped. it is michiru who got knocked up in the end (Sousuke's rape scene in a few episodes ago...), not ruka. ^^> besides, the drama won't mean anything if the bad person gets his way with destroying people's lives all the time. it's obvious the drama wants to help people suffering from DV, not scare them further.

and yes, RUKA is COURAGEOUS indeed! I was moved when she said in the end that SHE was the one who truly loved Michiru, and the love of Sousuke was not real love. :salut: :wub:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 13:42

Hikaria wrote:As for your first question bherd... I have no idea, but I don't know if I could last through a second season of this show...

Though it is completely addicting to the point of me being beyond help, it's mentally exhausting to wait for and then watch the episodes. If I had to spend another season of going insane all week until the new one is available, followed by my yelling at the screen for an hour, I'd drive myself crazy.
Agreed... This show puts you through the grinder... :sweat:

At times though, I think the show could've been a lot better without the DV plot point: the all-around angst would've been more than enough... The DV makes it just unbearable.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 13:44

vis wrote:
I don't think she'll get raped either though he clearly attempted to do just that at the end of episode 9... In the first episode Michiru mentioned something about a death right? If so there might be some accident in the struggle that results in Sousuke getting killed? Just a thought... !
Ah, well we'll see... I can't believe it's the last episode airing next week
Ehh? It's only episode 10, not 11.

claza

Post by claza » Jun 6th, '08, 13:54

Doesn't anyone else think...
That Ruka is going to stab Sousuke to death with one of the broken lamp shards? That was all on my mind when she was pinned down and looking at the broken glass. It might explain the "death", and why Ruka is no longer with them? (Jailed?)

cuatro

Post by cuatro » Jun 6th, '08, 14:13

ive finished downloading the episode but still waiting for the subs, Does anybody have an idea when one will came up?

hadmish

Post by hadmish » Jun 6th, '08, 14:14

claza wrote:Doesn't anyone else think...
That Ruka is going to stab Sousuke to death with one of the broken lamp shards? That was all on my mind when she was pinned down and looking at the broken glass. It might explain the "death", and why Ruka is no longer with them? (Jailed?)
that is what I was thinking actually.....
and the betrayal might be if Michiru told the police or something
but....I have a feeling....
unless that is the case and ruka kills him, we might not see the end of that scene and just see Ruka getting back without knowing at first what happened in the end there. we will find out eventually obviously, but they might stretch it even more....that will kill me coz Im dying to know how that last scene ends....
and what about Takeru's secret? I want to KNOW NOW!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 6th, '08, 14:26

about the possibility of Ruka stabbing Sousuke...i think it'd be too early for anyone to die just yet, this is only ep10...i suppose the death should come around the last episode or sth.

Manatsu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Manatsu » Jun 6th, '08, 14:48

hadmish wrote:
and what about Takeru's secret? I want to KNOW NOW!
Eww? Takeru's secret had been already revealed. Don't forget, you are allowed to use your brain while watching the series.
He was sexually harassed by his sister.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 15:06

MiIiyah wrote:Don't forget, you are allowed to use your brain while watching the series.
LOL. :lol

That should be the first post of any drama thread. :thumleft:

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 15:17

I was kind of thinking that...
Ruka went over there to kill Sosuke, but she baited him to attack her first so she could claim the "self-defense" after she'd done it. I don't know how the laws work or anything, but I think even in this way, it would be serious trouble and she could end up in jail.

What makes me think it's Ruka that has "gone away" is because at the beginning, in Michiru's speech, she goes on to ask, "Ruka, how is the sky over there?" Up until now, I was kind of hoping that it meant the sky over in America, because she wanted to go there for her motocross, but in the back of my mind I've been thinking that it means the sky from jail. Or the dreaded sky in Heaven... but I don't want to go there, cause it's too sad.

We know that there must be a death somewhere, because of Michiru's speech in the first episode... but by the way she was going between talking about the death - that incident, and addressing Ruka... I think it means that Ruka is a key person in that plot - either as the person that dies, or the person that does the killing. Either could make Ruka in a state where "Even if we won't be able to meet again" would make sense, though I think if it was just because Ruka went to America, they'd still be able to meet, so I'm thinking that's not the case.

I also find it hard to believe that Michiru has kept her cup and is still able to drink out of it, after getting the bad omen of the Ruka/Takeru cup's handle breaking, the same time as Ruka getting hurt by Sosuke. I don't think, if it was me anyway, that I'd be able to drink out of those cups again, if I'd known that while I watched her/Takeru's cup break, and got that bad feeling about it, that she'd been raped. So I'm kind of hoping that it isn't the case.

Yes, I'm reading into things too much this week, because I really want Ruka to be okay, so I'm looking for any excuse to make that happen. One thing that worries me, is when Ruka was packing her things last week, she went through a bunch of pictures that were the same as the ones Michiru looked at during the future scene in that first episode. Does that mean that Michiru has Ruka's things, because she's gone? Or do they have the same pictures because they made doubles? Hoping doubles, but it still worries me. Thou I did like that extra picture with Ogurin and Eri in it. They both looked very happy there.

I'm also wondering the point of writing in that second DV plot with Michiru's ex (I'd say friend, but they weren't really friends) from work. I think we've got more than enough to deal with in our current situation, that we don't need to be distracted with another. It's not like I've invested much time into that other character, so I wouldn't have cared if I'd seen her again or not.

I don't know... just some thoughts. Please excuse the fact that they ended up all over the place :P

And my edit: as for Takeru's secret already being told:
Sure, the idea is out that Takeru was sexually abused by his sister when he was younger. But I'm still waiting for more details. He hasn't actually told anyone what happened to him, so I think the shock is somewhat larger there. Someone else mentioned it a while back, but it got me thinking too... that perhaps that child is indeed Takeru's. Despite how messed up that would be, it would certainly screw someone up as mentally as Takeru has been. Plus we've never actually seen a father-figure around that child, have we?
Last edited by Hikaria on Jun 6th, '08, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.

sytyue

Post by sytyue » Jun 6th, '08, 15:18

So I went onto the Fuji TV site and checked out the summary for next week and it roughly translates to the following
Ruka moves back into the sharehouse after her fight with Sosuke. There was no details mentioned in the summary though. Michiru and Takeru asks her about her injuries but Ruka lies and told them that she just got hurt during practice but Takeru feels that she is lying.

So one day the bell to the sharehouse rang and everyone was kinda in fear that it was Sosuke. It ended up being the delivery man but Michiru feels really guilty for the fear that everyone is feeling.

The next day, Eri finds a magazine that had an article published regarding Ruka's gender disorder and she went to Takeru to show him. Takeru and Eri confronts Ruka and Takeru tries to get her to reveal the truth to Michiru. Ruka refuses saying that she doesn't feel that that is needed. But they were unaware that MIchiru was standing nearby and had heard their conversation.

Michiru decides to move out of the sharehouse because of the truoble she has caused and she is unable to answer to Ruka's feelings. Michiru moves back with her mother but...
And that's where the summary on the Fuji TV page ended >< Sosuke is an evil nut!
He published Ruka's information?!? I mean...where does he go about getting such power and authority?!? Makes me hate him more lol

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 6th, '08, 15:27

sytyue wrote:So I went onto the Fuji TV site and checked out the summary for next week and it roughly translates to the following
Ruka moves back into the sharehouse after her fight with Sosuke. There was no details mentioned in the summary though. Michiru and Takeru asks her about her injuries but Ruka lies and told them that she just got hurt during practice but Takeru feels that she is lying.

So one day the bell to the sharehouse rang and everyone was kinda in fear that it was Sosuke. It ended up being the delivery man but Michiru feels really guilty for the fear that everyone is feeling.

The next day, Eri finds a magazine that had an article published regarding Ruka's gender disorder and she went to Takeru to show him. Takeru and Eri confronts Ruka and Takeru tries to get her to reveal the truth to Michiru. Ruka refuses saying that she doesn't feel that that is needed. But they were unaware that MIchiru was standing nearby and had heard their conversation.

Michiru decides to move out of the sharehouse because of the truoble she has caused and she is unable to answer to Ruka's feelings. Michiru moves back with her mother but...
And that's where the summary on the Fuji TV page ended >< Sosuke is an evil nut!
He published Ruka's information?!? I mean...where does he go about getting such power and authority?!? Makes me hate him more lol
Well, I'm not sure what kind of magazine it was, but I'm guessing if she's gotten any kind of fame as being a young female rising star in the motocross world, that some tabloid-ish papers might take on a story like that. Just cause they are more based in rumor than fact anyway... so they probably wouldn't require Sosuke to give them proof. They just see a juicy story and run with it... no matter the consequences.

son2

Post by son2 » Jun 6th, '08, 15:33

sytyue wrote:So I went onto the Fuji TV site and checked out the summary for next week and it roughly translates to the following

wow.... thanks for the translation.
thank god ruka is okay (i hope)
and i think about the news in the magazine, i think he sells ruka's story to the press. media loves it right?!

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 15:50

That's exactly like Michiru's (possible) rape scene: the viewer is left guessing and allowed to have their imagination run wild as to what happened... :sweat:

I mean, how did Ruka escape/get away/whateever from Sosuke?

Did he just say, "Oh, it's the end of the episode, you can go back to the sharehouse?" *scratches head*

Weird.

sytyue

Post by sytyue » Jun 6th, '08, 16:54

bmwracer wrote:
That's exactly like Michiru's (possible) rape scene: the viewer is left guessing and allowed to have their imagination run wild as to what happened... :sweat:

Did he just say, "Oh, it's the end of the episode, you can go back to the sharehouse?" *scratches head*

Weird.

Well, I'm still in desperate denial of what could be the possibilities of the ending of episode 9, so I'm trying to think good thoughts >< :goggle:

khaibest

Post by khaibest » Jun 6th, '08, 17:06

after watching ep.9 i have to say it was the best ep so far..

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 17:35

sytyue wrote:
bmwracer wrote:

Weird.

Well, I'm still in desperate denial of what could be the possibilities of the ending of episode 9, so I'm trying to think good thoughts >< :goggle:
So am I... It was pretty traumatic.

And frustrating, since you're an observer, yet you can't do a thing. :sweat:

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 6th, '08, 17:40

finshed with ep 9
wow he really ripped her jacket

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 6th, '08, 18:39

sleepyzzz wrote:Hey all! I haven't watched episode 9 yet - (though I've read all the spoilers!!!) but all this discussion makes me think of one thing - how come no-one has mentioned Michiru??

I mean, how has she reacted to all this? I'm assuming she knows Takeru got beaten up by Sousuke, right?? If I were her, I'd feel terrible and probably grab a bat and give Sousuke some serious thinking...(with a few people alongside....)

I'd be really annoyed if she didn't get a shock from this all and did something about it...!
I don't get anything they said, and won't until subs are out, ha! but I think Michiru
did feel guilty, and knew it was Sousuke... everyone knew, I think, that it was him. I believe even Eri might have felt guilty as well because she knew Sousuke had escaped the hospital, and it made her worried just by looking at her face in the hospital scene. She also seemed really down in the scene after Takeru got beaten... almost as guilty as Michiru looked.

daegun

Post by daegun » Jun 6th, '08, 19:16

aww i kinda like eri ^^ ... but the one thing I REALLY wanna know is:

WHO IS THE FATHER OF MICHIRU'S CHILD and WHO IS GOING TO DIE?!?!?!?!?!?

I can't wait for episode 10!!!

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Jun 6th, '08, 20:05

This show is grippingly intense yet so gravely exhausting to watch. If it weren't for all my fav actors here, i guess i'd given up on it.

Asta

Post by Asta » Jun 6th, '08, 20:35

I must be very honest, it doesn't grip me as much as Life did, though Last Friends is also super intense. (maybe because I have to wait for each episode, whereas in Life I watched it all in a few days because I had to) I haven't seen the 9th yet though, I expect the worse is yet to come.

I sort of dislike Michiru sometimes though, since she always seems as if she thinks her own problems are the greatest and then feels sorry for herself because she finds herself egoistic for thinking that or.. Well, I do like her for caring much about people though! Well, except for Sousuke (such a change from 1 litre of tears.. still sort of having trouble seeing him as total evil!). Ueno Juri is such a great actress! Total different from Nodame, although there's still the pretence and stuff. Ruka is so much like a guy that I don't really see her as a woman even though she obviously looks like one. Which is great, because you can see the difference between her and Michiru so clearly. I also love Eita very very much. I love his big ears! I dislike his clothing style here but well, it suits him I guess.

For the next eps I really hope Ruka will find that she's okay the way she is, and that the rest will accept her.. Also that Michiru gets a bit more of a backbone (I can really see her working on it!) and I really hope Eri will find a good love for herself! And I hope Eita is okay.. he better be ;o!

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 6th, '08, 22:06

Saw ep9 at last. Teaches you to never underestimate things...just when you thought the worse thing that would happen in the episode is Takeru's beatdown...they gave you something plenty times worse~! Probably why the ratings were not as high as we thought. If they had shown the other beatdown...I think next ep will be through the roof. Btw, in case you guys didn't notice, the times that the ratings spiked is those that foreshadows Sosuke possibly dying. The fake suicide in ep5 and the train one for ep8. You'd think that should be a hint to the writers eh? :mrgreen:

Pass me a flamethrower as well. :cussing:

Anyway, I think I need to get the last scene out off my system before talking about anything else from the episode. I loved and hated it.
The last 2 minutes was really hard to watch, no reason is needed to say why I hate seeing Ruka being thrown around and beaten up like that. Some people might say it's stupid of her to go there in the first place but I salute her for being so brave and it's all to protect the people important to her. Maybe she thinks she can actually work things out by talking to Sosuke sensibly? I think what she says is heartfelt and not to provoke him, just to tell him off. Whatever the reason is, I love that from facing Sosuke one on one like that, we get to see that she's not running away anymore. From the issue about her GID or from her own feelings for Michiru. Isn't it funny that Sosuke ends up to be the first one to know things? Here, the first one that hears Ruka confessing out loud that she loves Michiru? And what a great way to finally put everything to words! About how Michiru is slowly standing up for herself and will have all the happiness she wants(with a guy infinitely better than Sosuke). She won't let Sosuke take that from Michiru. Just look at Ruka/Juri's determined expression throughout the scene. Loved it. But nothing can beat when she finally says she can do all that because the one who truly loves Michiru is her. Important to note that 'aishiteru' was used. So other than making it clear to us, it's also a jab at Sosuke's letters in ep8. As she watches the word 'aishiteru' Sosuke wrote gets easily swallowed by the flame, she's probably thinking the same thing. That Sosuke's love isn't what true love is when the only one that matters is himself. Ruka is willing to just look over Michiru and make sure she's happy even though it's not her providing it. "Because the one that truly loves Michiru...is me." ~Cue POL~ Add with how confidently it was delivered...that was the best line in the episode. The one that made us feel vindicated was the line after that,"I don't think your love is what true love really is." but it's also the one that triggered Sosuke and that true horror of a scene. Oh man...Ruka~ >_< And the cup...a bad sign like the flower pot. It didn't shatter and is still 'fixable' so I hope that means something. I can see why Utada couldn't wait to post about it in her blog. Does make you wanna vent! Luckily there's this thread. Let's all find strength together in these next couple of weeks...we'll really need it.
As for the non-preview preview, I think that's a hint in itself. Notice the images they show along with Sosuke's line?
First one was the Takeru/Ruka scene from the OP. I think it means that their 'unchanging friendship' will still play a big role for the next episode. From the spoilers, she'll go to him for support/talk and Michiru overhears. Finding it hard to accept, Michiru leaves the sharehouse to her mother's place. Then the Michiru/Sosuke hand leaving scene accompanied by the foreboading line from Sosuke, "This is the only place you belong. I will never leave you alone until I die". That suggests that no matter how hard Michiru tries to get away...she's still bounded by him...Without the others around, it'll be easier for Sosuke. Michiru seeing his letter and 'excuse(to return the key to his apartment)' would probably go and see him. I'm curious as to what the 'something that shouldn't have happened' is. Did Sosuke reveal to Michiru that he raped Ruka or something(I still don't think he did...but they will probably skip that part to keep us wondering)? Hmm. There's also the still shots of 3 key characters that would shape things for the next episode and also the relationship between Michiru and Ruka. Eri, Sosuke and Takeru.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 6th, '08, 22:56

I just read the synopsis for ep10 from another source(JP TV mag). The first line certainly sounds very hopeful to me:
瑠可は宗佑に襲われるが、全力で逃げ出す。

Ruka is attacked by Sosuke but, with all her energy, escapes.

So if she was raped, I believe they wouldn't have added the escape with full power part. Just say she returns to the share house. The other parts is basically like what the summary says. Also she will meet her father to tell him the truth.
I think I can breathe easier now...

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 6th, '08, 23:23

^Yuuki wrote:I just read the synopsis for ep10 from another source(JP TV mag). The first line certainly sounds very hopeful to me:
瑠可は宗佑に襲われるが、全力で逃げ出す。

So if she was raped, I believe they wouldn't have added the escape with full power part. Just say she returns to the share house. The other parts is basically like what the summary says. Also she will meet her father to tell him the truth.
There wasn't any mention about her sticking a shard of glass into his eye and then slicing him up like a Thanksgiving turkey??

Gomen, I'm not violent by nature, but this character is pure evil...

Doesn't look like they'll ever truly explain why he's a psycho... :scratch:
Oh, and thanks for the updated info! :thumleft:

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 6th, '08, 23:37

bmwracer wrote:
There wasn't any mention about her sticking a shard of glass into his eye and then slicing him up like a Thanksgiving turkey??

Gomen, I'm not violent by nature, but this character is pure evil...

Doesn't look like they'll ever truly explain why he's a psycho... :scratch:
Oh, and thanks for the updated info! :thumleft:
LOL. Too bad they don't go into details. But you know they like to keep those kinds of surprises under wraps so I'm hopeful~ See if he can turn the eye patch into a weapon next...

Btw, notice when he opens the door, there's a calender there. It says 6th June 2008. Wow, they really timed it to happen as it airs or something? Haha.

Edit: Oh, wait, that's like 1 day AFTER it airs...o.o

Hikaria

Post by Hikaria » Jun 7th, '08, 00:03

Oh the calendar thing? That's simple. It's just because Sosuke lives in his own little world. A dark and scary little world where calendars need not be set on the correct date, and consciences need not function at all.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 7th, '08, 02:17

can someone explain something to me :unsure:

About Takeru's cup, from ep1, when he crashed with Ruka, we see the handle broke...then when he returned the cup to Ruka in the bar that night, the cup's fixed but had a crack near the handle. So here's my question, did he fix the handle and like glue it back or something?

Then in ep9, it broke again?
btw, i noticed that there isn't a crack near the handle in the cup in ep9, is that a blooper? haha...they used a different cup i guess

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 7th, '08, 02:39

^Yuuki wrote:I just read the synopsis for ep10 from another source(JP TV mag). The first line certainly sounds very hopeful to me:
瑠可は宗佑に襲われるが、全力で逃げ出す。

yea no kidding. i've been moping around work all day with a pissed off expression. sadly besides the people here i have no one else to vent my frustration or even talk about the drama with. i'm so glad for you guys. so now this is my speculation
someone mentioned that michiru's ex-coworker is also suffering from DV. we all saw the short clip of her with the eye path while eri was walking by. now what's the point of having to give her side of the story if it doesn't really impact anyone. unless it does. seriously i'm like watching ep 1 over and over again.

michiru: if i had the ability, to understand people's hearts... If, at least, I could have put more strength in doing that, i wonder if that terrible incident, that death, could have been avoided.

so now i think the death will be michiru's ex-coworker. i mean michiru saw her at the bookstore looking at DV books but didn't do anything about it. so her saying that if only she had paid more attention to her ex-coworker and maybe had taught her what she had learn herself maybe she wouldn't have died. that's my take on why the ex-coworker actually had a story.

either that or the writers are just playing with my mind.