Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Zettai Kareshi / Absolute Boyfriend

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Post Reply
Ojou_Belle
Posts: 33
Joined: May 15th, '08, 01:02

Post by Ojou_Belle » May 21st, '08, 23:46

I cried at the end of the Manga, it was so touching. The live action is a bit slow in developing and I don't like how Riiko is always mean to Night. It's like she's not giving him a chance to be her Absolute Boyfriend at all. What's the point of spending so much money on him and then treating him so bad?

User avatar
marspeach
Posts: 149
Joined: Nov 18th, '07, 03:26

Post by marspeach » May 22nd, '08, 02:21

All the girls in my Japanese class love this show (including me!) and none of us has read the manga. Is there anyone who's read the manga who likes it?

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » May 22nd, '08, 04:02

seirin wrote:If you want realism, if she was so grossed out by Night being a sex robot/toy saying "let's have sex" then she shouldn't have saved him from being scrapped. It should have ended when Night was taken back.
I can't agree more with this. I've been following SARS' releases and based on what I've seen, it seems like it can only get worse. Riiko's longing for Soshi is becoming more evident and if that's the case, then Night will only become a bigger bother to her. I don't think they are playing out Riiko's relationship with Night correctly. If she's going to be mean to him all the time, then they should add some more comedy to it. At this point, it just comes off as annoying. We all just end up feeling bad for Night.

However, when she took Night back and if she wasn't treating him like crap, would Soshi's part even be needed? You would think she would have accepted Night as the "perfect boyfriend" and Soshi wouldn't have standed a chance.

User avatar
maakopla
Posts: 299
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 14:15
Location: Finland

Post by maakopla » May 22nd, '08, 06:50

I feel bad for Knght too. For all the time I feel like he is not needed at all. Like he is present only for the jokes. No wonder his braclet os always blue. And yet he cares for Riiko so much that her data didn't get erased. WHY?

Guess Riiko is just afraid to fall for him (stil, she could be nicer). Well, I guess they will never date but everyone will think they are dating and it will be left at that.

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » May 22nd, '08, 09:25

marspeach wrote:All the girls in my Japanese class love this show (including me!) and none of us has read the manga. Is there anyone who's read the manga who likes it?
Yeah, me :lol
I don't like to compare a manga with a drama... no matter if it is Zettai Kareshi, Mars or Peach or Itazura na Kiss *I liked both in these cases :-) *

LdyPixie
Posts: 19
Joined: May 26th, '06, 06:17
Location: United States

Post by LdyPixie » May 22nd, '08, 10:14

littledraci wrote:
marspeach wrote:All the girls in my Japanese class love this show (including me!) and none of us has read the manga. Is there anyone who's read the manga who likes it?
Yeah, me :lol
I don't like to compare a manga with a drama... no matter if it is Zettai Kareshi, Mars or Peach or Itazura na Kiss *I liked both in these cases :-) *
I've always been curious, but why wouldn't you compare a manga and a drama that's (supposedly) based off the manga?

I thought the whole point of turning the manga into a drama was that the manga had such a large fanbase, which would mean they (the fans) liked the content as it appeared in the manga.

If the producers just wanted to take the concept of a female falling in love with a robot and make some random story out of it, there's more than one sci-fi novel on the shelves about humans and robots so I don't see why the producers would dramatize Zettai Kareshi and then (in my opinion) completely butcher the relationships and sequences that the fans of the manga obviously found so endearing.

In the drama Zettai Kareshi, if the characters weren't, Riko, Knight, and Soushi, I probably wouldn't have made the connection easily (if at all) that it was based off the manga.

I had the same feeling for Hana Kimi. Not that they weren't fun to watch dramas. To me it's like looking at an oatmeal raisin cookie then taking some raisins, baking them in a chocolate cake and then calling that chocolate raisin cake an oatmeal raisin cookie.

You don't feel somehow cheated that producers just take a concept or two from mangas, make their own story, and then slap the same name on it to get you to watch it?

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » May 22nd, '08, 11:09

LdyPixie wrote:
littledraci wrote:
marspeach wrote:All the girls in my Japanese class love this show (including me!) and none of us has read the manga. Is there anyone who's read the manga who likes it?
Yeah, me :lol
I don't like to compare a manga with a drama... no matter if it is Zettai Kareshi, Mars or Peach or Itazura na Kiss *I liked both in these cases :-) *
I've always been curious, but why wouldn't you compare a manga and a drama that's (supposedly) based off the manga?

I thought the whole point of turning the manga into a drama was that the manga had such a large fanbase, which would mean they (the fans) liked the content as it appeared in the manga.

If the producers just wanted to take the concept of a female falling in love with a robot and make some random story out of it, there's more than one sci-fi novel on the shelves about humans and robots so I don't see why the producers would dramatize Zettai Kareshi and then (in my opinion) completely butcher the relationships and sequences that the fans of the manga obviously found so endearing.

In the drama Zettai Kareshi, if the characters weren't, Riko, Knight, and Soushi, I probably wouldn't have made the connection easily (if at all) that it was based off the manga.

I had the same feeling for Hana Kimi. Not that they weren't fun to watch dramas. To me it's like looking at an oatmeal raisin cookie then taking some raisins, baking them in a chocolate cake and then calling that chocolate raisin cake an oatmeal raisin cookie.

You don't feel somehow cheated that producers just take a concept or two from mangas, make their own story, and then slap the same name on it to get you to watch it?
Well, you sure have your point ^--^ And I somehow agree to it, too *I know, crazy - but true :lol *

I think with the title of the drama, they attracted more viewers than with another name, just - like you've mentioned - because of its huge fanbase.
If they had given the drama another name... well, at least when 'he' was delievered to her, you would recognize the original 'Zettai Kareshi' manga as a fan. Then there would have been a real discussion in stealing the main plot of a story and the opinions and reviews probably would have been worse...

Well, yeah... probably it's only cheating by the money-making producers.. but for me.. the manga is the manga - and the drama is the drama...
But somehow it also shows the potential of the original manga plot and you can see *well somehow ^--^* it as a praise, that the money-making producer think that it is worth to be produced 8)

Mmhh.... another thing is probably... that I like things that I'm already familar with...
Well, at least to the extent by reading summaries or reviews before deciding to watch something..if the story doesn't caught my eyes, then I'm not going to watch it :roll

Leina
Posts: 24
Joined: Mar 4th, '06, 18:51

Post by Leina » May 22nd, '08, 11:43

After skimming through this thread, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who isn't exactly happy with the drama ^^o I'll still watch it cuz now I need to know what's gonna happen :P

But still... I have the same pet peeves as many of the manga-readers.

1) Riiko does not seem to like Night all that much... I mean she randomly does things, bu I don't know... it seems like there's a lot more chemistry between her and Soushi. In the manga, Riiko was always battling with her feelings because she really liked Night, but she knew he was a robot.
2) Night is CRAZY robotic. Like really.
3) A bit too much emphasis on cooking, and not enough on romance.

Honestly... the only thing that's similar to the manga is the idea of a robot being a lover an their names. The relationship dynamics aren't even the same, which is what bugs me the most because I loved the manga BECAUSE of how their relationships were presented.

User avatar
gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1181
Joined: Dec 28th, '04, 18:56
Location: PL

Post by gunjourui » May 22nd, '08, 13:20

I personally love this drama even tho the pace is a bit slow because I get the feeling that everything is done according to the plan that is being realized step by step. Riiko is older than the character in the manga and she thinks about relationship in different categories.. she wants to fall in love get marry, start a family and get old with the person she loves not just have fun and see what happens later.. that's why she thinks of Naito as only a robot from the very beginning and can't really see him being her love. Naito needs to change first and grow his own identity as a person not only a robot to make Riiko realize that things he does don't happen because of the program but his own will. to make this possible there needs to be some factor that make the change believable. in this case it's jealousy. I totally can't imagine Riiko falling for Naito right away only because he does things for her just like you don't fall in love with your washing machine no matter how well it does you laundry right. so far she only thinks he's benri in some situations just like other machines XDDDDD also her attitude towards Naito makes the relationships between Riiko and Soushi possible to grow coz really Soushi is not like Mika... he wouldn't fall for Riiko if she was only crazy in love with Naito. Now after ep 6 it's obvious that he already has feelings for her and Naito starts to show his "human" side too so in next ep I expect Riiko to finally realize that Naito is changing and the recent events are not a program failure and falling for him just when Soushi is ready to join the fight for her XDDDD

maybe I only like it because I have never read the manga and actually have no intension to ever read it so I don't compare it. to be honest I doubt it's possible to turn manga into drama and make manga fans happy because there will always be scenes than manga fans loved SOOOOOOO much that get cut out or changed. the idea of turning it into drama is more like using the idea not to film the exact same thing. that's at least my opinion about it..

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » May 22nd, '08, 14:14

gunjourui wrote: [...] to be honest I doubt it's possible to turn manga into drama and make manga fans happy because there will always be scenes than manga fans loved SOOOOOOO much that get cut out or changed. the idea of turning it into drama is more like using the idea not to film the exact same thing. that's at least my opinion about it..
Words of wisdom :lol *I'd like to add this quote to my previous post ^--^*

arienai
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 19th, '05, 07:52

Post by arienai » May 22nd, '08, 14:22

I can recognize sequences that they tried to include in the drama from the manga. But everything is done so haphazardly and just thrown in there... for example: the phone strap being repaired by Night? It was like the bracelet in the manga, but there was also an element of growth to it because it was used as a way for Riiko to break off her relationship with Mika when she found out that Mika was a b*tch. Here, they add in how Night fixed the phone strap, then the dang thing disappears and no one mentions it again!

It's like the producers thought that the gimmicks used in the manga were nice to put into a drama, then totally overlook the aspect of relationship and growth associated with each event.

Why do they not called this drama another name like "Robot Boyfriend" then have a "based on Zettai Kareshi by Yuu Watase".

You can argue what you like about the fanbase, but its just false advertising now... =/

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » May 22nd, '08, 18:00

gunjourui wrote: to be honest I doubt it's possible to turn manga into drama and make manga fans happy because there will always be scenes than manga fans loved SOOOOOOO much that get cut out or changed. the idea of turning it into drama is more like using the idea not to film the exact same thing. that's at least my opinion about it..
Actually, that's not exactly correct. I read HYD manga up to vol 20. I haven't finished cuz the manga is so slow going. But I noticed a lot of the HYD drama concepts were taken from the manga and mostly they kept it the same with some scenes mixed around and recombined. It's understandable because there's too much in the manga to put in a short drama. Anyhow, I didn't find HYD butchered at all.

Course, not all adapations follow the manga like Hanakimi, but at least it was funnier. I don't like how they characterized Sano in the drama though but at least Nakatsu was funny to watch. The only plus side so far are the cute guys in Zettai Kareshi :P

User avatar
joykimlee
Posts: 139
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 21:30
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by joykimlee » May 22nd, '08, 20:08

Hiro's good-lookin older bro looks so Korean that reminds so much of Bae Yong Jun. Searched hm online n jus realised i watched him in Daisuki.

User avatar
ryoko11
Posts: 429
Joined: Jan 27th, '06, 15:43
Contact:

Post by ryoko11 » May 22nd, '08, 22:16

gunjourui wrote: maybe I only like it because I have never read the manga and actually have no intension to ever read it so I don't compare it. to be honest I doubt it's possible to turn manga into drama and make manga fans happy because there will always be scenes than manga fans loved SOOOOOOO much that get cut out or changed. the idea of turning it into drama is more like using the idea not to film the exact same thing. that's at least my opinion about it..
Yet there are plenty of adaptations that fans of the mangas still are happy with. HYD 1&2, ROOKIES, Nodame Catabile, Kimi wa Petto, One Pound Gospel (really huge changes there too), Iryu, GTO.... these and many others don't have page after page of viewers complaining about nonsensical changes to the stories and characters. Some changes are whole-heartedly embraced even, and some scenes are compared very favorably to the mangas. You can never please everybody, but well written adaptations can please most fans, even with changes to the story. When the manga fans get this upset their reasons are much bigger than a scene or two being cut. This entire plot makes no sense after the rewrites... and many of us don't even like Riiko anymore. Decent writers could have made changes to the drama without doing it so poorly or thoughtlessly.

Without any comparison to the manga, I still think the writing in this drama is lousy.
Course, not all adapations follow the manga like Hanakimi, but at least it was funnier. I don't like how they characterized Sano in the drama though but at least Nakatsu was funny to watch. The only plus side so far are the cute guys in Zettai Kareshi
IAWTC. And in HanaKimi I didn't find myself hating anyone from the changes either. I just thought Sano got shorted in favor of Nakatsu. And the guys in the dorms were immensely entertaining.
Hiro's good-lookin older bro looks so Korean that reminds so much of Bae Yong Jun. Searched hm online n jus realised i watched him in Daisuki.
Nakamura Shunsuke's a doll. I love him in the Asami Mitsuhiko mysteries. So lovely, even when they dork him up! :wub:

http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/asami/index.html

Wow. I can see a little Yon-sama in him from certain angles.

kudoushinichi
Posts: 18
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 03:26

Post by kudoushinichi » May 23rd, '08, 02:33

Ah.... so it's not just me who's starting to dislike this series. I can understand why the change in the script, but the way Riiko's treating Night is becoming unbearable. I don't see any chemistry AT ALL between them. Even when Riiko's glancing at Night, it feels like she's looking at a washing machine ("ah, I spend my money good for this machine").

I only read a little of the manga so it's not that I'm comparing it, but this is just not what I expect to watch. Just a normal triangle love story, though the other party is just a "washing machine."

User avatar
Di@na
Posts: 45
Joined: Oct 2nd, '04, 22:54

Post by Di@na » May 23rd, '08, 02:43

oh i am kind a surprised that so many users do not like this drama lol
i actually like it a lot..but hey, i am also not a big fan of the mangaka yuu watase so i didn't read the manga.
.. i think this drama is really "realistic" ^^ i guess every young woman about 20
would react like Riiko.. I mean she is not a teenager ( in the manga she was a teenager
right?) so she sees Nighto just as a robot..just a machine who loves her because he
has to. Of course its sad how mean she is to Nighto BUT I don't think I would be nicer to
my computer only because it could say "i love you" everyday XD

actors: Hayami Mokomichi..I never saw him so good acting like in zettai kareshi.. and yeeesss his body is absolutely stunning XD he suits perfectly to his role.
Mizushima Hiro is one of my fav. actors and i really like the way he handle his role.
Aibu Saki acts good ..not amazing but good.

well i cannot wait for the last episode ^^

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » May 23rd, '08, 07:35

Di@na wrote: .. i think this drama is really "realistic" ^^ i guess every young woman about 20
would react like Riiko.. I mean she is not a teenager ( in the manga she was a teenager
right?) so she sees Nighto just as a robot..just a machine who loves her because he
has to. Of course its sad how mean she is to Nighto BUT I don't think I would be nicer to
my computer only because it could say "i love you" everyday XD
Actually, it's not cuz of Night saying "I love you" every day that moves a girl ^^; If guys think that way it's absolutely wrong. If they say it too easily, they don't mean it and it sounds fake. It's what Night does that makes him an absolute boyfriend. He worked 24/7 to help her earn money because she was working so hard and he wanted to help her out. When he chased after the robber who stole her wallet, he became a Knight who rescues her in her time of need. Also when he retrieves the cream puffs and saves her job because she was protecting the other guy. When Night beat up the loser who bad mouthed her and stood up for her. Also Night found a job at her company so he could be near her and spend time with her. When she works late or is home late, he waits for her or stands outside all night to make sure she will get home alright. He also treats her nice no matter how badly she treats him. Even if he is a robot, he is a model of an absolute boyfriend. Will you treat a robot so mean just because it's a robot even though its shown you nothing but kindness? Even if its pre-programmed.

LdyPixie
Posts: 19
Joined: May 26th, '06, 06:17
Location: United States

Post by LdyPixie » May 23rd, '08, 08:49

I agree with seirin.

If I worked hard and forked over my entire life savings to buy a Lexus, you'd better believe I'd treat it very well.

Regardless of the age difference between the characters in the manga and the drama. The whole point of conflict within the story is supposed to be that Riko is subconciously drawn to Night because he's everything she ever wanted. She chose her ideal options because she yearns for those affections, no matter who or what they come from.

It's like walking into an ice cream store with a friend when you're on a diet. You'll probably gravitate over and stare at your favorite flavor even though you know you can't have it.

The way Riko in the drama treats Night in the drama is almost exactly the opposite. I don't get the impression that she yearns for any affection. She always brushes Night off and she's not too affectionate with Soushi either. The only "interest" that I see in regards to Soushi is that she smiles at him more often. Wooptie-do. As a matter of fact, when I watch the episodes, I get the impression that Riko doesn't even want a boyfriend. She doesn't watch idol dramas or flip through magazines of hot guys or take any especial care of her appearance it seems.

But, according to the manga, Riko is supposedly a happy go lucky, genuinely cute, innocent young lady. The Riko in the drama is more of a tarnished, disgruntled, jaded office lady (I blame casting Ueno Juri). Now Tanaka Rena, the girl from Ryokiteki no Kanajo, would have been a much better casting decision for Riko in my opinion.

Also when Mika stole Knight, instead of Riko being jealous, it was more like she was confused about to handle an insurance policy.

User avatar
Di@na
Posts: 45
Joined: Oct 2nd, '04, 22:54

Post by Di@na » May 23rd, '08, 11:58

seirin wrote:Actually, it's not cuz of Night saying "I love you" every day that moves a girl ^^; If guys think that way it's absolutely wrong. If they say it too easily, they don't mean it and it sounds fake. It's what Night does that makes him an absolute boyfriend. He worked 24/7 to help her earn money because she was working so hard and he wanted to help her out. When he chased after the robber who stole her wallet, he became a Knight who rescues her in her time of need. Also when he retrieves the cream puffs and saves her job because she was protecting the other guy. When Night beat up the loser who bad mouthed her and stood up for her. Also Night found a job at her company so he could be near her and spend time with her. When she works late or is home late, he waits for her or stands outside all night to make sure she will get home alright. He also treats her nice no matter how badly she treats him. Even if he is a robot, he is a model of an absolute boyfriend. Will you treat a robot so mean just because it's a robot even though its shown you nothing but kindness? Even if its pre-programmed.
you are absolutely right, he is very nice to her but this is his programm.. its like he has no choice but to do those things (he would do it for every girl). I just think he looks like a human and thats the reason why its so hard to understand why she treats him so badly (I don't think anyone would care if he would look like an ordinary computer).

BUT of course in the moment where he becames aware of the fact who he is and that he has control about his feelings and his programm ..well in this moment he is not a "maschine" anymore (and it seems like it happens right now with him so its a good sign XD ) .

If I had such a robot (perfect bf..WOW! XD) I would NOT be so mean to him but I still can understand why she behaves like that towards Nighto.. sometimes he is really stalker-like and that does not even work with human-beeing (like in LAST FRIENDS..where the guy stalks his gf anywhere she goes and get jealous about small things).
IN THIS DRAMA I think its damn sad that she is so mean to him BUT when something like that would happen in real life ...hmm..well I think it would be different. ^^
Last edited by Di@na on May 23rd, '08, 13:25, edited 4 times in total.

Foxyaria
Posts: 25
Joined: May 23rd, '08, 11:45

Post by Foxyaria » May 23rd, '08, 11:59

Riiko doesn't seem to allow herself to see Night as anything other than this thing she's somehow landed herself with. The only time she doesn't is when she makes the impulsive decision to buy him and is instantly hit with a huge debt along with a robot who is still annoying as all get out as a thank you.

Right now we're still in build up territory if we get to episode 10 and Riiko is still treating Night as nothing more than an annoyance she desperately wants to get rid of then I'd be worried.

The route the writers seem to be taking is that for Riiko to see Night as more than a appliance programmed to say I love you he has to develop beyond his programming.

Foxyaria
Posts: 25
Joined: May 23rd, '08, 11:45

Post by Foxyaria » May 23rd, '08, 12:01

oops sorry for the duplicate post
Last edited by Foxyaria on May 24th, '08, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1181
Joined: Dec 28th, '04, 18:56
Location: PL

Post by gunjourui » May 23rd, '08, 13:47

ryoko11 wrote:Yet there are plenty of adaptations that fans of the mangas still are happy with. HYD 1&2, ROOKIES, Nodame Catabile, Kimi wa Petto, One Pound Gospel (really huge changes there too), Iryu, GTO.... these and many others don't have page after page of viewers complaining about nonsensical changes to the stories and characters. Some changes are whole-heartedly embraced even, and some scenes are compared very favorably to the mangas. You can never please everybody, but well written adaptations can please most fans, even with changes to the story. When the manga fans get this upset their reasons are much bigger than a scene or two being cut. This entire plot makes no sense after the rewrites... and many of us don't even like Riiko anymore. Decent writers could have made changes to the drama without doing it so poorly or thoughtlessly.
I see a lot of criticism here following the pattern "this drama is a big disappointment because in manga it was this this and that.." kinda thing. from my point of view, as a person who has no idea about the story in manga, drama is quite coherent and I can see what every part of the story comes from and I think I know where it leads to. of course I would prefer Riiko to treat Naito better and be a bit more touched when he does stuff for her but I still prefer her like this than Riiko falling for Naito right away.
anyway, I really love the drama and can't wait for the real battle to begin lol hopefully the story speeds up a bit from now on ^_^

arienai
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 19th, '05, 07:52

Post by arienai » May 23rd, '08, 14:13

LdyPixie wrote:... The Riko in the drama is more of a tarnished, disgruntled, jaded office lady (I blame casting Ueno Juri)...
Actually, its not Ueno Juri, its Saki Aibu who's doing that horrible Riiko. I think that if they actually casted Ueno Juri, she would have probably done a better job lol... on the other hand, if the directors make Ueno pout as much as Saki did, I probably wouldn't have wanted to see that either... :whistling:

LdyPixie
Posts: 19
Joined: May 26th, '06, 06:17
Location: United States

Post by LdyPixie » May 24th, '08, 06:35

You're right, my mistake, sorry! I'm watching Last Friends as well so I'm always Ueno this and Ueno that. I love her role and her acting in that drama.

User avatar
Rikayla
Posts: 349
Joined: Jun 30th, '06, 02:35
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by Rikayla » May 24th, '08, 07:13

Wow, I must be one of the few people who like this drama who are venturing into this topic. XDD;

Admittedly, all three actors are sort of annoying, but the plot is keeping me hooked. I never liked Hayami Mokomichi and still don't even though his acting is perfect for this role - wooden. Hiro Mizushima is wayyyyy too skinny for my likings, and his acting doesn't have this natural feeling to it. His character on the other hand, is hot. :D While Saki Aibu's acting is pretty good and she's absolutely adorable in her role, but she always gets cast in these roles, so that bothers me too, lol.

I haven't read the manga by the way, so I don't know how it ends... I wouldn't mind if the robot gets trashed, tbh - I'm too heartless, lol - but Idk, I still see Night as a robot despite his "will" and whatnot.

And Sasaki Kuranosuke! Oi, if it wasn't for him, maybe I wouldn't have gone so far into this drama already - I haven't even begun with other dramas this season yet! - but gosh, his portrayal of that "mechanic" (so I quote from him), is absolutely hilarious~~~ <3 Made me burst out laughing with his "horror house" comment earlier, eheehee.

Anyways, that's my two cents. It's a really cute drama if you haven't read the manga and if you're looking something well-balanced to watch, imo.

User avatar
Yolchen
Posts: 62
Joined: May 21st, '08, 16:06
Location: Austria
Contact:

Post by Yolchen » May 24th, '08, 18:19

I like that Drama too, although, after reading how the manga ends by accident, I didn't want to continue watching. xD'
It's not that I want her to be with the Robotguy, it's just that I don't want her to fall in love with it and make Soshi the second-choice lover D:
Actually, I like Aibu Saki since I saw Attention please ... but I do think, that her character in this series is.. well, not sticking to what it's introduced as in the first episode... "too serious and earnest" is what she supposed to be, right?

Hayami Mokomichi acts great .. I've never heard from him before :scratch: ... But still, in this series I'm definitely on Soshis / Mizushima Hiro's side! I love him as well as his role :mrgreen:

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » May 25th, '08, 00:50

I think that episode six was much better. It seems to be heading into a better direction at the moment, even if Soushi loves cream puffs more than Riko.

User avatar
sp4078
Posts: 99
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 06:07
Location: North America

Post by sp4078 » May 27th, '08, 20:18

Yeah, I'm so annoyed by Aibu Saki. I only read a few first chapters of the manga, didn't like it though. But I like the idea.

Riiko is supposed to somewhat in love with the 'robot' even though he's quite annoying most of the time, but if she keeps treating it like a walking machine there's NO FUN !!! If you purchase sth really really super super expensive like that, you should at least treasure it a little. Even to my laptop, I treasure it a lot, it's my money after all.

User avatar
jica
Posts: 177
Joined: Apr 10th, '05, 17:16
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by jica » May 27th, '08, 21:23

Maybe the reason to why Riiko is mean to Night is because she is mean. @.@
She's mean to her parents too.

I don't remember much about the details in the manga, but I remember that I thought the story was captivate because of the relationship between Riiko and Night. I can't help comparing the manga and the drama because it was what made me watch the drama at the first place. If it wasn't because of the manga, I wouldn't honestly watch it, neither would I continue to watch it since I'm really disappointed.

I think the main reason to my annoyance is drama Riiko. She is childish (maybe I'm old, but do 20 years old girls really behave like that??), selfish, negative, having bad selfconfidence which leading to her being rude to others sometimes.

One thing I've wondered about, must she keep it a secret that Night is a robot? I mean, if you buy a robot, wouldn't you tell your friends "look what a cool appliance I've bought, he can do this and that..." And being rude to him doesn't make sense either. He is a robot, being angry at him won't help. And wouldn't you treat an expensive thing that belongs to you with much more care?

User avatar
RoosterMcTey
Posts: 32
Joined: Sep 9th, '07, 01:51
Location: TN

Post by RoosterMcTey » May 27th, '08, 21:58

Episode 7 is up streaming!
I found a really awesome girl on Veoh who uploads the episodes just hours after they air!! :blink

Part 1:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13403721rhjmdfeW

Part 2:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13403722m7w29EzN

User avatar
rurounimon
Posts: 24
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 23:37
Location: Hawaii

Post by rurounimon » May 28th, '08, 03:23

I think episode 7 is my favorite so far!!!
Finally! Riiko appreciates Night :D
Also, thank you RoosterMcTey for posting the links! I've been searching for the RAW 7th episode.

Iwakuralain16
Posts: 6
Joined: May 21st, '08, 07:06

Post by Iwakuralain16 » May 28th, '08, 06:03

RoosterMcTey wrote:Episode 7 is up streaming!
I found a really awesome girl on Veoh who uploads the episodes just hours after they air!! :blink

Part 1:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13403721rhjmdfeW

Part 2:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13403722m7w29EzN
Seems to be the same person who updates on this blog:
http://youtubetvdrama.blog42.fc2.com/bl ... -1141.html

awesome. no commercials too! That fan is dedicated! LOL

User avatar
Chen Yisi
Posts: 169
Joined: Feb 28th, '08, 00:07
Location: Reading/Paris

Post by Chen Yisi » May 28th, '08, 06:07

I watched the 7th episode yesterday on Fuji TV and I have to admit that this one was funny like hell XD
Even though I don't know well Japanese, it was easy to understand.

kudoushinichi
Posts: 18
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 03:26

Post by kudoushinichi » May 28th, '08, 13:37

jica wrote: One thing I've wondered about, must she keep it a secret that Night is a robot? I mean, if you buy a robot, wouldn't you tell your friends "look what a cool appliance I've bought, he can do this and that..." And being rude to him doesn't make sense either. He is a robot, being angry at him won't help. And wouldn't you treat an expensive thing that belongs to you with much more care?
Yes, she has to. It's part of the contract. She must not let anyone knows that Night is a robot.

Ojou_Belle
Posts: 33
Joined: May 15th, '08, 01:02

Post by Ojou_Belle » May 28th, '08, 14:07

There must be something seriously wrong with me but I wish that Riiko ends up with Night. I feel so sorry for Night even if he is a robot. it's like he is really trying his best to be the ideal boyfriend to the extent that he develops human emotions and feelings. I feel bad when Riiko treats him rudely and just takes him for granted even if he is just an appliance. I love my cellphone and I don't throw it around or deliberately take it for granted. I also love my iPod and worry about it when I drop it or when I forget it in the car overnight.

Seriously, someone tell me to get a grip!

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 501
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » May 28th, '08, 14:15

^^ can't live without my iPod & the music either ^^

and I felt extremly sorry for him @ ep 6..it's like: you know, that it's impossible for him to reach his goal, even if he tries as hard as he can... but you wish him to get it nevertheless @-@
Last edited by littledraci on May 28th, '08, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
saby
Posts: 238
Joined: Jun 28th, '07, 08:50

Post by saby » May 28th, '08, 14:23

Ojou_Belle i feel the same way

ep 7 is the best ep soo far for me :D

sakura_sake
Posts: 38
Joined: Sep 17th, '06, 09:51

Post by sakura_sake » May 28th, '08, 20:40

I think Riiko won't be in love with Night at all till then end of the series. It will only like a friend kind of bonding between them. Can't wait for the sub of ep 7!

arienai
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 19th, '05, 07:52

Post by arienai » May 28th, '08, 21:05

Oh boy... looks like the 02 is going to be coming in episode 8!!!!

User avatar
Billion
Posts: 41
Joined: Jun 19th, '06, 23:40
Location: USA

Post by Billion » May 29th, '08, 19:55

For ep 7:
Glad to see that Riiko is acting more her age compared to her adolescent performance of ep 6.

And
Abe Tsuyoshi is 02? Lol are tanned men considered more sexy or something?

Ojou_Belle
Posts: 33
Joined: May 15th, '08, 01:02

Post by Ojou_Belle » May 30th, '08, 14:01

Is 02 the guy from HYD? I am not so familiar with him since I just saw him in HYD, if it is him. I think the next episode is going to be more interesting. Yay! Can't wait!

User avatar
Billion
Posts: 41
Joined: Jun 19th, '06, 23:40
Location: USA

Post by Billion » May 31st, '08, 03:29

Ojou_Belle wrote:Is 02 the guy from HYD? I am not so familiar with him since I just saw him in HYD, if it is him. I think the next episode is going to be more interesting. Yay! Can't wait!
Maybe you should put that in spoilers? :|
Yeah that's him. Night's not letting him near Riiko. :lol

Ojou_Belle
Posts: 33
Joined: May 15th, '08, 01:02

Post by Ojou_Belle » May 31st, '08, 04:29

Billion wrote:
Ojou_Belle wrote:Is 02 the guy from HYD? I am not so familiar with him since I just saw him in HYD, if it is him. I think the next episode is going to be more interesting. Yay! Can't wait!
Maybe you should put that in spoilers? :|
Yeah that's him. Night's not letting him near Riiko. :lol
Oh, I'm sorry about that. Thought it's ok since it came out in the episode preview already. My bad.

User avatar
Renoa Heartilly
Posts: 160
Joined: Feb 25th, '06, 19:45
Location: Saudi Arabia

Post by Renoa Heartilly » May 31st, '08, 11:40

lol this episode was the funniest up untill now XD
i felt sorry for Riko AND the boss, so many misunderstandings Dx why did she just now appreciate night? because she was hoping she'd get a chance with the boss and now that its out the window, she can always turn to night. i think thats childish of her (but then again its a drama *shrugs)
i think the whole moral of this drama is to teach guys how to be better boyfriends, thats why some situations didnt make sense but were as educational as ever XD
and whoa the bar lady found out D: if its part of the contract to not say that he's a robot, how come he's announcing it everywhere? shouldn't they program him for that? -_- or is it just a plot hole deliberately put there so in the future he gets exposed?
the next episode looks like its gonna be hilarious XD i cant wait to see night's reaction(s) XD

User avatar
Billion
Posts: 41
Joined: Jun 19th, '06, 23:40
Location: USA

Post by Billion » May 31st, '08, 17:52

Renoa Heartilly wrote:lol this episode was the funniest up untill now XD
i felt sorry for Riko AND the boss, so many misunderstandings Dx why did she just now appreciate night? because she was hoping she'd get a chance with the boss and now that its out the window, she can always turn to night. i think thats childish of her (but then again its a drama *shrugs)
Since when has Riko ever not been childish? :roll
i think the whole moral of this drama is to teach guys how to be better boyfriends, thats why some situations didnt make sense but were as educational as ever XD
and whoa the bar lady found out D: if its part of the contract to not say that he's a robot, how come he's announcing it everywhere? shouldn't they program him for that? -_- or is it just a plot hole deliberately put there so in the future he gets exposed?
the next episode looks like its gonna be hilarious XD i cant wait to see night's reaction(s) XD
I'm shooting for plot hole because seriously, who would over look something like that when programming. But then again since Night have as will of his own now he might have overrode it.

User avatar
sweetpink
Posts: 5
Joined: Jun 1st, '08, 23:55

Post by sweetpink » Jun 2nd, '08, 00:38

i love this drama, it's so cute and fun to watch. i do have some issues with it though. what bugs me the most is that i don't feel much chemistry between riiko and her two love interests. even during those "romantic" scenes with soshi, you know the ones that help build upon their relationship and bring them closer, i didn't see sparks or much emotion. idk, it might just be me though. :sweat:
another thing that gets at me is the amount of scenes riiko is annoyed by night. i know it's reasonable but sometimes i just find myself rolling my eyes whenever she pushes him around or says something rude to him. it's getting old. -__-

i haven't watched ep 7 yet but i read about parts of it. lol so riiko finally comes to appreciate night? i still have a tiny hope that riiko and night will be together but the series is leaning more towards soshi.
Last edited by sweetpink on Jun 4th, '08, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 2nd, '08, 03:56

Episode 7 is definitely heading in a better direction, a direction that should have, in my opinion, come sooner.
1. Knight is acting less robotic. This should have come much sooner. But now that he is, I feel like I can finally relate to him better, feel more sorry for him, like him better as a character.

2. Riko is appreciating Knight. It still seems childish "Oh no! Soushi doesn't like me! Ah, at least Knight is nice to me". - it still feels like this, but I hope that she will open her eyes a little bit more now that she is starting to see him as less annoying programing.

3. Sort of felt some motivation behind Mika's bitchiness. In scenes I can see how she could hate Riko, I mean, if it was me, I'd see Riko as a horrible person. She has the most caring boyfriend and she flirts with the boss. Doesn't excuse what Mika's been doing, but it makes her more human than just doing this stuff cause she's mean. I like 3 dimensional characters, and I think from this episode Mika seems more like one.

4. I am liking the "conflict" between Riko and Soushi.

Overall, it's getting better. Riko wasn't as annoying in some places. I think it is sad to say it, but I do think Riko is the weakest link in the drama, and she's the main character! Hopefully this drama will continue to get better, (and next episode's preview is looking good), and it will end on a high note.

crisdrag
Posts: 25
Joined: May 30th, '08, 20:46

Post by crisdrag » Jun 2nd, '08, 18:08

this is my opinion so far:
Yeah the drama it's cute but somehow I don't like it that much...If you are making a drama after a manga of course you don't expect it to be exactly the same, but you expect to keep up with the story ( the robot Night was so like a human that he actually made the girl fall for him and choose him). There is nothing wrong with the Night in the drama, he's sweet, no so crazy robotic and he really is in love, but something is really wrong with Riiko. I mean, what's the point of having Night at all when she has eyes, from the beginning, only for Soshi. Each episode ends well and then the next one starts again with nothing. the end of Ep 7 I thought, finally she gave Night a hug, and the bracelet was pink, pink, pink but in the preview for ep 8 it starts all over again: Night being goofy, Riiko looking at Soshi with that weepy eyes...I don't think it will ever be something romantic between Riiko and Night. and I'm sorry for that because that's why I liked the manga in the first place, it was a different story. But the drama I feel is just ordinary now. And why is the title "absolute boyfriend?" boyfriend who???...'cause Night sure he isn't!

User avatar
sungie
Posts: 418
Joined: Nov 26th, '06, 13:00
Contact:

Post by sungie » Jun 2nd, '08, 18:45

I'm still stuck at episode 3.. :roll


Found this news today:
Love and Sex with Robots

A Ph.D. thesis submitted to the Universiteit Maastricht contains some controversial forecasts about the future of human-robot relationships. The thesis is entitled “Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners” and its author is David Levy, an International Master at chess from London. Levy’s thesis argues that trends in robotics and other areas of artificial intelligence will, within a few decades, result in robots that are so humanlike in their appearance and functionality, in their personality, and in their expression of emotions, that many people will be falling in love with them, having sex with them, and even marrying them.

Source & more: Love and Sex with Robots - Universiteit Maastricht
:lol

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » Jun 2nd, '08, 21:11

I wonder if this is the same guy that went on Colbert Report... Colbert definitely ripped this guy a new one if it is him.
Sounds plausible though :whistling:

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Jun 2nd, '08, 23:46

sungie wrote:I'm still stuck at episode 3.. :roll


Found this news today:
Love and Sex with Robots

A Ph.D. thesis submitted to the Universiteit Maastricht contains some controversial forecasts about the future of human-robot relationships. The thesis is entitled “Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners” and its author is David Levy, an International Master at chess from London. Levy’s thesis argues that trends in robotics and other areas of artificial intelligence will, within a few decades, result in robots that are so humanlike in their appearance and functionality, in their personality, and in their expression of emotions, that many people will be falling in love with them, having sex with them, and even marrying them.

Source & more: Love and Sex with Robots - Universiteit Maastricht
:lol
There's already a few American movies made about that. Like "AI" and "Bicentennial Man". Those movies actually make more sense about the article than 'zettai kareshi' drama cuz the girl seem more repulsed by the robot there.

Tofuspeedstar
Posts: 17
Joined: May 29th, '08, 01:37
Location: H-town.

Post by Tofuspeedstar » Jun 3rd, '08, 05:54

hehe, this series is pretty funny, I like it :)

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » Jun 3rd, '08, 22:11

After seeing episode 7... Night has an amazing personality, ne? Especially that scene where he filleted that fish! He's killing me! :D

User avatar
rurounimon
Posts: 24
Joined: Apr 1st, '06, 23:37
Location: Hawaii

Post by rurounimon » Jun 4th, '08, 01:58

Episode 8 was great!! Go Night!!
02 had no chance against Night. Strange how the "flaws" in the 01 model worked out for the best.
Edit: Guess I should write more to make a meaningful post. I, like other posters, have a strange want for Riiko to end up with Night, although realistically, that probably won't happen. What would be the best way for Night to go? I have a feeling it won't end like how it did in the manga. Would it be possible for Namikiri to reprogram Night so that he doesn't have such strong feelings toward Riiko? So that the two can be friends/ Ahhh... I can't wait to see the last two episodes already.

User avatar
rairai
Posts: 143
Joined: Feb 18th, '08, 04:52

Post by rairai » Jun 4th, '08, 02:12

this drama is wow.. m super loving it.. and night is so so hot! kyaa.. hiro's cute too!
oh, and i love its ending song: okaeri

i read the last pages (last vol) of the manga after watching a few episodes of it, and it makes me want to cry.. sigh*

crisdrag
Posts: 25
Joined: May 30th, '08, 20:46

Post by crisdrag » Jun 4th, '08, 02:26

I saw ep. 8 and, although I understood maybe about 2%, I'm finally happy. It seems that Riiko really liked Night! But with just 2 more episodes to go....I kinda wanted more romance.

User avatar
Corona
Posts: 160
Joined: Sep 20th, '05, 11:19
Location: Netherlands

Post by Corona » Jun 4th, '08, 09:45

I just watched episode 7 and really enjoyed that one :)

Is it me or did they reduce the number of robotic bleeps-buzzes? Particular in the more serious moments. I don't remember hearing any "clicks" when Night blinked.

Meecha
Posts: 40
Joined: Jan 5th, '08, 14:46

Post by Meecha » Jun 4th, '08, 11:21

ep 8 is soo cute :wub:
i luv the parking lot scene, that was so intense
the "fight" scene between 01 and 02 is awesome 8)
kyaaa i luv how they look more like a couple now :wub:

User avatar
RoosterMcTey
Posts: 32
Joined: Sep 9th, '07, 01:51
Location: TN

Post by RoosterMcTey » Jun 4th, '08, 22:12

The Veoh uploads for episode 8 for those that watch this way!

Part 1:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14134187Gygmq25p

Part 2:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14134189bygCgxyX

User avatar
daisyamapi
Posts: 67
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 18:02
Location: jakaruta
Contact:

Post by daisyamapi » Jun 5th, '08, 18:18

kya atashi new member desu

minna san hajimemashite!
yorishiku...

i think this dorama is so fun..wanna have a robot like moco
although the story is very different from yu watase manga

User avatar
daisyamapi
Posts: 67
Joined: Jun 5th, '08, 18:02
Location: jakaruta
Contact:

Post by daisyamapi » Jun 5th, '08, 18:20

wow eps 8 already...but i can't watch from veoh to download (kowaii so nee~)

User avatar
weeniexthexpooh
Posts: 2
Joined: May 22nd, '08, 07:04

Post by weeniexthexpooh » Jun 6th, '08, 01:27

Hmm so far~ I really like the drama although i'll admit it's not the BEST i've seen =/
I actually like Riiko leaning towards soshi, and even tho i read the manga, i still kinda felt sad for her falling in love with a robot, like there isn't a human on earth who loves her and she loves him u know?
I'm starting [yes yes, just now...] to get annoyed even more with how Riiko is to Knight... i under stand but still c'mon now...but he does tend to pop-up in important times...

As for the happenings atm with soshi and riiko [as of end of episode 7] a little interference is good...but i kinda thought there was enough already with Knight but that's just me......can't wait to finish the last 3 eps ! off to watch # 8 now hehehe <3

User avatar
Kathstandsalone
Posts: 90
Joined: May 26th, '07, 05:57

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jun 6th, '08, 05:30

Having watched until episode 7, I wonder how the drama would end. I think it's a sweet drama to watch but with the lack of progress among the 3 chars, I really wonder. Would they at least have one episode as 'em really going on a date (whereby both parties will enjoy each other's company)? :unsure:

episode 7 was heh-heh. "I went diving for the tuna". really that's what Night will do.

crisdrag
Posts: 25
Joined: May 30th, '08, 20:46

Post by crisdrag » Jun 6th, '08, 14:49

Why is it wrong for Riko to be with Night??? So what he's a robot...he looks like a human, he's absolutely beautiful , he's crazy in love, he will never cheat, never get sick and he will not die! Plus he's all sweetness! I will chose him even though the other guy Soushi is not that bad either.
With only two more episodes I wonder what's gonna happen'. Give me a Riko+Night ending and I'll believe that I did not waste my time with this drama!

User avatar
Yolchen
Posts: 62
Joined: May 21st, '08, 16:06
Location: Austria
Contact:

Post by Yolchen » Jun 6th, '08, 16:45

I also wonder how it'll end, because in just 2 episodes it's a bit hard to make a convincing change of heart by Riiko ...
I wanted her to be with Soshi from the very beginning; it'd be _really_ odd to be in love with a robot... no matter how sexy and caring... and remind you, Riiko doesn't know his feelings are real~

I'm secretly hoping for an end like:
Soshi + Riiko finally manage to come together; Night 'dies', being able to confess his true feelings to Riiko before and being happy because she'll be happy with Soshi ^__^... xD...

Foxyaria
Posts: 25
Joined: May 23rd, '08, 11:45

Post by Foxyaria » Jun 6th, '08, 19:31

I just watched ep 7 and I have to say I'm bored of all the cake drama.

User avatar
joykimlee
Posts: 139
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 21:30
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by joykimlee » Jun 6th, '08, 19:48

LOL in ep 7 when Night does his sexy pose for Riko.

User avatar
Yolchen
Posts: 62
Joined: May 21st, '08, 16:06
Location: Austria
Contact:

Post by Yolchen » Jun 6th, '08, 22:51

joykimlee wrote:LOL in ep 7 when Night does his sexy pose for Riko.
OMG loved that! XDD
"Riiko, ore ..sexy?"
"ô.o .. eh, sexy"

emil775
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 31st, '08, 06:06

Post by emil775 » Jun 6th, '08, 23:23

haha yeah, that part was funny. I always laugh at the japanese way of saying it... "sekushii"

User avatar
morimoli
Posts: 14
Joined: Jun 7th, '08, 20:44
Contact:

Post by morimoli » Jun 7th, '08, 22:29

I'm loving this show, but I am getting frustrated haha--all I want is for Riiko and Soshi to be together!! The end of ep 07 was so awful, it made me sad '~' Finally Soshi is ready for Riiko and Night has to be there to ruin it ARGH

I might not be in the majority, but I like Soshi and Riiko together more than Riiko and Night.

User avatar
xstarl1ght
Posts: 79
Joined: Aug 24th, '07, 15:18

Post by xstarl1ght » Jun 8th, '08, 00:00

Yolchen wrote:I also wonder how it'll end, because in just 2 episodes it's a bit hard to make a convincing change of heart by Riiko ...
I wanted her to be with Soshi from the very beginning; it'd be _really_ odd to be in love with a robot... no matter how sexy and caring... and remind you, Riiko doesn't know his feelings are real~

I'm secretly hoping for an end like:
Soshi + Riiko finally manage to come together; Night 'dies', being able to confess his true feelings to Riiko before and being happy because she'll be happy with Soshi ^__^... xD...
haha. I like your ending. ;D because....
In the manga, that how it goes. but i'm not sure if Riiko is happy because she's with Soshi.. >_>;; I think. I read the manga a long time ago.. =X
I like Riiko and Night/Knight together. I mean Soshi is cool too but... Night is developing human feelings beyond his programming. so it's like a real human! besides the metal. that's only a slight.. minor thing. >_>; well yeah. lol.

Ov3rs3as
Posts: 11
Joined: Jan 9th, '08, 19:24

Post by Ov3rs3as » Jun 8th, '08, 17:28

Foxyaria wrote:I just watched ep 7 and I have to say I'm bored of all the cake drama.
Same here...but the "ore sexy?" part made my day :lol

User avatar
Yolchen
Posts: 62
Joined: May 21st, '08, 16:06
Location: Austria
Contact:

Post by Yolchen » Jun 8th, '08, 18:54

xstarl1ght wrote:
haha. I like your ending. ;D because....
In the manga, that how it goes. but i'm not sure if Riiko is happy because she's with Soshi.. >_>;; I think. I read the manga a long time ago.. =X
I like Riiko and Night/Knight together. I mean Soshi is cool too but... Night is developing human feelings beyond his programming. so it's like a real human! besides the metal. that's only a slight.. minor thing. >_>; well yeah. lol.
I never read the manga, but I read the ending at wikipedia (xD) and ...
it sais that Riiko is in love with Night and Soshi goes to Spain, but because Night dies Soshi comes back and stays by her side. I DON'T WANT HIM TO BE THE SECOND CHOICE LOVER T__T ...x D *desperate* Hopefully the dorama develops slightly different ._.'
I don't know... i still find it strange to love a robot even if his feelings are real ;;
and I wonder when /if everybody else will discover that he's a robot? ...

User avatar
clauric
Posts: 232
Joined: Feb 15th, '05, 05:52
Location: deygo

Post by clauric » Jun 9th, '08, 08:12

Yolchen wrote:
xstarl1ght wrote:
haha. I like your ending. ;D because....
In the manga, that how it goes. but i'm not sure if Riiko is happy because she's with Soshi.. >_>;; I think. I read the manga a long time ago.. =X
I like Riiko and Night/Knight together. I mean Soshi is cool too but... Night is developing human feelings beyond his programming. so it's like a real human! besides the metal. that's only a slight.. minor thing. >_>; well yeah. lol.
I never read the manga, but I read the ending at wikipedia (xD) and ...
it sais that Riiko is in love with Night and Soshi goes to Spain, but because Night dies Soshi comes back and stays by her side. I DON'T WANT HIM TO BE THE SECOND CHOICE LOVER T__T ...x D *desperate* Hopefully the dorama develops slightly different ._.'
I don't know... i still find it strange to love a robot even if his feelings are real ;;
and I wonder when /if everybody else will discover that he's a robot? ...
im a soshi and riiko shipper too..
since they changed a lot of things..this would be ideal ending...

i have a feeling night would give way for soshi..maybe he'll realize that riiko loves soshi, but she doesn't want to admit..so i have a feeling that night would sacrifice his duty to love her the way he's programmed..instead he loves her by doing the unselfish kind of love-get riiko and soshi together (something that he is not programmed to do)..
well for a soshi and riiko shipper--this would be the ideal ending..

User avatar
zyrene
Posts: 248
Joined: Mar 31st, '08, 11:38

Post by zyrene » Jun 9th, '08, 16:52

clauric wrote:
i have a feeling night would give way for soshi..maybe he'll realize that riiko loves soshi, but she doesn't want to admit..so i have a feeling that night would sacrifice his duty to love her the way he's programmed..instead he loves her by doing the unselfish kind of love-get riiko and soshi together (something that he is not programmed to do)..
well for a soshi and riiko shipper--this would be the ideal ending..
knight was programmed to love riiko and by loving her means making her happy. so i also think that knight will give in to soshi.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests