[Discussion] Kisarazu Cat's Eye

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Jun 14th, '07, 04:26

Thanks to this drama, I try now to follow everything its scriptwriter does, or to watch dramas as weird as this one. A real UFO, but such a brilliant one....
p.s: can't wait to see Chiaki Kuriyama in World Series ^__^

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jun 15th, '07, 01:33

Neji-sama wrote:Wow just saw the movie. <3333333

The song that was played in the end credits, was it the song by KAT-TUN?
NO. Its not by KAT-TUN. NO, NO, NO.
Its by ARASHI. Sakurai Sho aka Bambii in Kisarazu is an Arashi member. He's the main rapper of the group. The song is A Day In Our Life.

why did you think it was kattun? Why?!

hakuharu

Post by hakuharu » Jun 15th, '07, 12:13

aishoni2 wrote:
Neji-sama wrote:Wow just saw the movie. <3333333

The song that was played in the end credits, was it the song by KAT-TUN?
NO. Its not by KAT-TUN. NO, NO, NO.
Its by ARASHI. Sakurai Sho aka Bambii in Kisarazu is an Arashi member. He's the main rapper of the group. The song is A Day In Our Life.

why did you think it was kattun? Why?!
ROFL!!!
I loved that song too, I had it on constant rotation after watching Kisarazu Cat's eye :dance: Just like I did with Seaside bye bye when it came out.

creamy_amande

Post by creamy_amande » Jun 22nd, '07, 02:29

I just finished watching the nihon series! it was a (follow up) great movie!!!

I watched the drama about 6 months ago and I didn't know there was a movie, now I'm dying to get the world series, gonna have to wait though.

I agree with many of you : I didn't want to watch another tearring story , but it was great.
What really interested me is that there is NO PRECISE NAME for Bussa's illness, cancer whatever, because it's not the illness that's important, it's how you live your life with it. I don't really know if he's going to die, well thinking that there's world series, he's still alive, but it's the movies are not follow ups (which I doubt because there is definitely a suite to the drama), well is Bussan's really going to die? I mean he's still has 6 months to live, and another 6 months, then another 6 months and again and again......wahwahwah I was soooo laughing my ass off with this. It's one the best comedy drama I've ever seen so far!!!!!!!!

l0nEr

Post by l0nEr » Jun 22nd, '07, 07:25

Eh. actually i think in the world series, Bussan is already dead, but refuses to leave. He comes back as a ghost to "haunt" them.

The story isnt very realistic to start with anyway. And you found it teary? I feel bad that i was laughing all the way.

Still looking for World Series.

creamy_amande

Post by creamy_amande » Jun 22nd, '07, 13:18

NO it was not tearry!

SOrry I didn't make myself understandable.

What I meant is that I didn't want to watch another tearry story as Japanese love to make, and finally I was happy it wasn't! Yes it wasn't tearry at all, sometimes there was sadness because of his illness but it was like 1% of the whole drama! The rest of the 99% was only pure laugh!

thanks for answering and understanding what I wrote, gomen nasai m(_ _)m

Ebbie28

Post by Ebbie28 » Jun 22nd, '07, 13:27

I will say I loved it.. I laughed so hard..

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jun 22nd, '07, 23:20

funny and touching moments, we have them all in this drama. baka people can be also very deep 8)

i've started watching the serie after I found out that there're Sho and Junichi are in it and I ended up loving it maaaaaaaaaadly, I swear !

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jun 24th, '07, 04:22

^-^ this will always be one of my favorite doramas

KuroRyu

Post by KuroRyu » Jun 24th, '07, 08:19

x_XJules wrote:^-^ this will always be one of my favorite doramas

doubledown11

Post by doubledown11 » Jun 25th, '07, 08:04

x_XJules wrote:^-^ this will always be one of my favorite doramas
I watched World Series last year in Tokyo, Japan. Even though I'm Japanese, I was born in Vancouver so my nihongo isn't the greatest. The movie kicked so much ass. If it had subs I probably would have enjoyed it even more. I bought the DVD but again no English subs.
Kisarazu Cats and Tiger & Dragon are 2 of my all-time fave dramas (even list them on my facebook).
If you like Kisarazu, I'd recommend, Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go. It stars Tsukamoto Takashi and Kuriyama Chiaki (both did World Series and Battle Royale --> 2 of my fave movies).
Tanaka Koki REALLY steps up his acting prowess in this one. He does such a great job and has excellent chemistry with Chiaki. He starts off **** and obnoxious but if you aren't cheering him on by halfway through the series, something is messed up with your moral compass.
The series is very quirky, maybe not as much as Kisarazu but it requires more patience to sit through compared to the cookie-cutter J-Idol Dramas. It has very funny parts but the story as a whole builds very slowly and there is a sh&tload of character development for the main and side characters.
Tokkyu Tanaka 3 Go is by far the BEST Jdrama to come out Spring 2007 and ranks up there with Kisarazu Cats Eye (even though for girls, it may not be cool to see Tsukamoto play a nerd).

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Jun 26th, '07, 20:25

i've seen it... but i didn't really like T_T

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jun 27th, '07, 04:16

a lot of those who end up not liking it is because they didn't get the jokes. I didn't get the jokes the first time i've watched it. I even stopped halway & end up rewatching after i get used to the gist of japanese pop culture through other dramas & fandom. I was finally blown away by it. the story is pretty ridiculous but was acted & worded so naturally.That what makes it unique.

so EpikLow, why didn't you like it.

EpikLow

Post by EpikLow » Jun 27th, '07, 17:25

aishoni2 wrote:a lot of those who end up not liking it is because they didn't get the jokes. I didn't get the jokes the first time i've watched it. I even stopped halway & end up rewatching after i get used to the gist of japanese pop culture through other dramas & fandom. I was finally blown away by it. the story is pretty ridiculous but was acted & worded so naturally.That what makes it unique.

so EpikLow, why didn't you like it.
Well, i just thought it was boring :cry:

bloominn

Where to watch Kisarazu Cat's Eye??

Post by bloominn » Jul 9th, '07, 23:28

Where do you watch kisarazu cat's eye online? I have found the download files, but im not allowed to download them. But to watch them online only.

I've checked youtube and veoh. does anyone know where else to watch it?

Please and thanks.

uladelz

Post by uladelz » Jul 9th, '07, 23:33

crunchyroll.com

hijadeldragon

Post by hijadeldragon » Jul 31st, '07, 18:21

Can anyone tell me where can I watch this series? I really want to get it but I can't buy it (they won't deliver it to my country), and I couldn't find it here to download, nor in veoh, crunchyroll, etc. Thanks!

hijadeldragon

Post by hijadeldragon » Jul 31st, '07, 18:25

Crunchyroll.com is not an option anymore because the series has been deleted...

chickenruns

Post by chickenruns » Jul 31st, '07, 18:29

you can dl the whole serie here
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_43175.htm

it may takes some time to finish dlding it but then you can laugh hardly as long as you can open your mouth, I guarantee

hijadeldragon

Post by hijadeldragon » Jul 31st, '07, 18:48

YAY!!! thanks for the quick response!! I'm downloading it now :) you made me happy :):):)

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 1st, '07, 06:51

I watched the series yesterday (all episodes at once) and was really amazed. But it seemed somewhat short to me. Anyway, I'm searching like crazy for the two movies but no progress so far. Does anybody knows where I can find them?

a2a

Post by a2a » Oct 1st, '07, 08:06

I remember that the first movie had been uploaded on the jpopsuki tracker some time ago. I got mine from the jdramas community in LJ but you need to be an LJ user and join the community if you want to download files. The second movie isn't subbed yet but japantv who did the subs for both the series and the first movie will sub it sooner or later. But I still got the second movie RAW from an Arashi LJ community. KCE used to be for a long time my no1 series and it still is one of my favorites! :P

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 1st, '07, 09:22

Dumb but necessary question: What is this LJ thing? What is the url?

a2a

Post by a2a » Oct 1st, '07, 17:39

www.livejournal.com

LJ is on online journal (a blog thingy). Once yyou get an account do a search by interest for Jdramas or Jmovies and you'll get to where you want. It's actually quite easy and you can get a lot of help from the site. Good luck!

Romance

Post by Romance » Oct 1st, '07, 19:06

are there any torrents(and subs) for the 2003 movie and 2006?

odd_ar

Post by odd_ar » Apr 19th, '08, 02:14

Was the World Series DVD released in the US? I saw Media Blasters licensed something.

odd_ar

Post by odd_ar » Apr 19th, '08, 02:19

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Apr 26th, '08, 05:39

Does anyone know if the second movie Kisarazu Cats Eye World Series has been subbed by anyone yet?

Btw, I just finished the first one and it was so hilarious.

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jun 2nd, '08, 18:06

sefilily wrote:Does anyone know if the second movie Kisarazu Cats Eye World Series has been subbed by anyone yet?

if ur referring to the Nihon series, u can DL them at dramaffa.com :-)

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Jun 3rd, '08, 04:40

blue_smurf wrote:
sefilily wrote:Does anyone know if the second movie Kisarazu Cats Eye World Series has been subbed by anyone yet?

if ur referring to the Nihon series, u can DL them at dramaffa.com :-)
No the second movie from 2006. World Series.

Btw, any Aussie fans of this ... you can get the first movie with subs and region 4 from

http://www.sanity.com.au/product/produc ... ku=2040948

http://www.fbo.com.au/movie.asp?ID=20402

I got mine from JB Hi-Fi. I can't believe I even found it there.

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Jun 5th, '08, 03:25

i haven't watched this yet... but,i really want to since sakurai sho would be there too... aww...

blue_smurf

Post by blue_smurf » Jun 12th, '08, 23:48

U can DL it here
I'm not sure if this is subbed, though 'cause I haven't downloaded it yet.

nek

Post by nek » Jun 13th, '08, 00:05

minamichan03 wrote:i haven't watched this yet... but,i really want to since sakurai sho would be there too... aww...
the best jdrama, for surely.

minamichan03

Post by minamichan03 » Jun 17th, '08, 14:52

ahmms...
what's the synopsis of this drama anyway??

what is it all about?

Kamui6
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kamui6 » Aug 29th, '08, 18:40

Friday 29th
Join us for
Kisarazu Cat's Eye: World Series

:alcoholic: Released on Jpoksuki tracker... can't release movies on DA.

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Aug 29th, '08, 18:58

Kamui6 wrote:Friday 29th
Join us for
Kisarazu Cat's Eye: World Series

:alcoholic: Released on Jpoksuki tracker... can't release movies on DA.
I'm stalking Jpopsuki tracker from hours, I hope it can be released from his pending status soon XD

Shadow Hexagram

Post by Shadow Hexagram » Aug 29th, '08, 20:08

hip hip hip... hurray !!!!! Thank you j-tv !!!

Koyama

Post by Koyama » Oct 28th, '08, 22:41

i want to see the kisarazu world series and nihon series so badly ;_____;; ...

Misato-san

Post by Misato-san » Oct 29th, '08, 00:27

Koyama wrote:i want to see the kisarazu world series and nihon series so badly ;_____;; ...
they are both alavaible so what's your problem? ^^;

Koyama

Post by Koyama » Oct 29th, '08, 10:30

where?! o.O ... i only found them on ebay ^^" ...

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Oct 30th, '08, 01:25

Koyama wrote:where?! o.O ... i only found them on ebay ^^" ...
Both the Nihon Series and World Series are available on JPopsuki.

Das_Phantom

Post by Das_Phantom » Feb 17th, '09, 02:33

haha, this show is amazing. It's even more hilarious than GTO and My Boss,My Hero :O I enjoyed every single episode and couldn't stop laughing at all the stuff they did.

It could've been a melodramatic show focusing on Bussan's death. Yes, he is going to die and there is nothing he can about it. Still instead of worrying about it he just tries to spend his remaining months with his friends enjoying life and i think that made this show great. All he really wants to be is just an ordinary teenager.

Really it was so much fun watching them get into crazy situations and how much of a carefree life they had. Just living in a small city(lmao when he went Tokyo) with nothing to do everyday other than just chilling with your mates. It reminded me of high school, the feeling of not having a care in the world and just having fun with your friends.

Oh, i loved Ozzy's character as well. Just summed up the kinda of place Kisarazu was shown to be in this show. A big family with everyone really caring for one another. I was so sad when he died and it really took it's toll on Bussan. Though i read something interesting on another forum which made me realise the great meaning of when Ozzy recites Macbeth
This is another example of Kankuro Kudo’s talent of mixing the hilarity of a screwball comedy with the despair and the loneliness of the people living at the fringes of society. Most of the characters are seeming ne’er-do-wells and losers: a dying 21 year-old cancer patient, juvenile semi-delinquents, owners of failing stores, a pathological shop-lifter, a strip tease dancer, a call girl, an unlicensed barber, a teacher who has decided to get back at the students who have tormented her at school. All of them somehow come out as individuals with dignity and humanity. (Kudo does not condone criminality. He describes the brutality and savagery of real predatory criminals (gangsters involved in juvenile prostitution and extortion) without any sympathy.)
As many critics commented, this drama is irreverent, unpredictable and funny, but the undertone is pathos, as was reflected in the scene where one of the characters, Ozzy, who has been brain-damaged in an accident during a baseball match, suddenly remembers the following phrases from Macbeth he played in his high school days. Kudo gets him to recite:
. . . Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Pathos does not diminish hilarity.
Such a great explanation of what the writer tried to do with this show.

The last episode was kind of sad. I actually broke up in tears when Bussan's friends helped him complete what i thought was his last ever run in baseball. Then when all his friends are saying ridiculous stuff to him when he is on the brink of death. Ani asking Bussan if he knows his first name and Ucchie randomly out of nowhere saying his dad is a cia agent :lol

I'm really going to be sad when i finish watching the movies. No more Bussan saying ' you're annoying', Ani doing stupid things(Komine and his oil :lol ), Master just being Master with his fro, Bambi being easily teased and his love for Mouko,Ucchie's crazy weirdness and even Nekota for his mouse face when he lies, Yamaguchi's and Bussan's dad impersonations and Kishidan.... ah i wish i could go there and be a part of their group and the place where they live in :-(

This is definitely my favourite drama and although i haven't watched many i don't think any show will be able to displace it as my fav.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 7th, '10, 07:50

Was looking for a place to download the movies... then I had a thought and checked Amazon. Turns out both movies are available in English! Awesome!

I guess I'm just not very aware on which Japanese movies get across the ocean. I wonder if any dramas make the jump, too.....

Anyway, great series. Great acting, great writing. 10/10.

saayan

Post by saayan » Oct 8th, '10, 04:03

Mwulf wrote:Was looking for a place to download the movies... then I had a thought and checked Amazon. Turns out both movies are available in English! Awesome!

I guess I'm just not very aware on which Japanese movies get across the ocean. I wonder if any dramas make the jump, too.....

Anyway, great series. Great acting, great writing. 10/10.
Yeah, I found it strange that they would release the two movies and not the series? Though the movies are awesome as they are, I think they would be even more enjoyable after watching the series first and being familiar with all the characters. XD

Kisarazu is the drama that introduced me to the KudoKan world and will always hold a special place in my heart. NYAH! :3

cassmtz

Post by cassmtz » Oct 12th, '10, 22:14

found it :) but its a megaupload file so prepare to consume mega bandwidth for a little while

http://www.filestube.com/8cfc4bbdce3ce3 ... eries.html

Kanzakii

Post by Kanzakii » Nov 3rd, '10, 15:39

Hello, maybe someone know where I can find a english SOFTs subs to this drama? I will be greatful for answer Smile

hhnd

Post by hhnd » Nov 4th, '10, 22:00

Kanzakii wrote:Hello, maybe someone know where I can find a english SOFTs subs to this drama? I will be greatful for answer Smile
May I ask why you want the soft sub instead of the hardsub?
If it's soft sub, I'm only aware of Korean soft sub out there. (I'm sure there are Chinese soft subs as well but I don't have them) :-) I haven't seen the RAW freely available on Internet either (but clubbox has EVERYTHING that you need)

el_tucha

Post by el_tucha » Nov 4th, '10, 22:18

My favorite moment in Kisarazu Cat`s Eye is thei song about Kisarazu xDD And maybe remake for Mission: Impossible.

Kanzakii

Post by Kanzakii » Nov 5th, '10, 20:45

hhnd wrote:May I ask why you want the soft sub instead of the hardsub?

Because I want to translate this drama to other language, like polish :) My polish friends always want to watch this but they don't understand english and japanese.

minyasuleien

Post by minyasuleien » Nov 6th, '10, 20:05

My favorite moment in Kisarazu Cat`s Eye is thei song about Kisarazu xDD And maybe remake for Mission: Impossible.
That song was definitely awesome! And catchy. But in terms of comedic value, it would be Ucchie's Mission Impossible tune that wins. It cracks me up just thinking about it! i'd say it's more catchy too... *U- U- ucchie, u- u- uchhie, u- u- ucchie...* lol!

in my opinion, this was Okada Yoshinori's best role so far, out of all the other dramas I've seen him in. The rest of the characters he's played are kind of ...lame, for lack of a better word. They weren't memorable. But i can't forget Ucchie, with all his eccentricities, hilarity, and uniqueness.

hinamoyashi27

Post by hinamoyashi27 » Dec 17th, '10, 07:42

hey guys!

i watched the drama for 3 times already, but i STILL haven't watched both of the movies yet.

do you know where I can download it now, with subs? I clicked on all the links in the previous page, but i can't go.

and megaupload hates me. ):

torrent would be good. ^_^

thanks in advanced! :wub:

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Dec 17th, '10, 17:11

hinamoyashi27 wrote:i watched the drama for 3 times already, but i STILL haven't watched both of the movies yet.

do you know where I can download it now, with subs? I clicked on all the links in the previous page, but i can't go.

and megaupload hates me. ):

torrent would be good. ^_^
Hmm, last I knew the torrents for the Nihon and World Series movies were uploaded to JPopSuki. I don't have an account since they switched to V2 and closed registration so I can't say for sure. Do you only have problems with Megaupload or can you use other direct download sites like Mediafire?

hinamoyashi27

Post by hinamoyashi27 » Dec 17th, '10, 17:14

saigo_x wrote: Hmm, last I knew the torrents for the Nihon and World Series movies were uploaded to JPopSuki. I don't have an account since they switched to V2 and closed registration so I can't say for sure. Do you only have problems with Megaupload or can you use other direct download sites like Mediafire?
Oh yes, I can use Mediafire and it is usually the only one that I can use. I tried Jpopsuki too and yeah the registration was closed. ):

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Dec 17th, '10, 17:23

hinamoyashi27 wrote:Oh yes, I can use Mediafire and it is usually the only one that I can use. I tried Jpopsuki too and yeah the registration was closed. ):
I sent you a PM.

dorawan89

Post by dorawan89 » Jan 4th, '11, 11:47

saigo_x wrote:
hinamoyashi27 wrote:Oh yes, I can use Mediafire and it is usually the only one that I can use. I tried Jpopsuki too and yeah the registration was closed. ):
I sent you a PM.

errr...are you PM-ing him the links? assuming that you did, do you mind helping me to get both of the movies too? MF would be great. :salut:

aone_1682

Post by aone_1682 » Jan 20th, '11, 17:02

Hello everyone :)
May I ask for softsub (every language is ok) of Kisarazu Cat's Eye World series? I find everywhere but I can't see it. Could anyone help me please? Thank you so much for the sharing ^.^

koma

Post by koma » Jan 31st, '11, 19:40

dorawan89 wrote:
saigo_x wrote:
I sent you a PM.

errr...are you PM-ing him the links? assuming that you did, do you mind helping me to get both of the movies too? MF would be great. :salut:
ohh could you please send me a pm with links too? I was looking for this movie for ages and found nothing, you're my last chance to get this D: I'd be reaaaaaaaaaaaally grateful if you did that!

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Jan 31st, '11, 22:40

koma wrote:ohh could you please send me a pm with links too? I was looking for this movie for ages and found nothing, you're my last chance to get this D: I'd be reaaaaaaaaaaaally grateful if you did that!
I PM'ed you. I managed to find direct download links for both movies on Mediafire as well as interchangeable links for Fileserve and Hotfile.

ainokoto

Post by ainokoto » May 6th, '12, 17:37

saigo_x wrote:
koma wrote:ohh could you please send me a pm with links too? I was looking for this movie for ages and found nothing, you're my last chance to get this D: I'd be reaaaaaaaaaaaally grateful if you did that!
I PM'ed you. I managed to find direct download links for both movies on Mediafire as well as interchangeable links for Fileserve and Hotfile.
/casually revives topic after a year
I've been looking for the movies for a while now, would you happen to still have links? D:

makito
Peru

Re: [Discussion] Kisarazu Cat's Eye

Post by makito » Jan 21st, '21, 13:07

I found the movies, anyone know where I can find the soft subs?
Specially for World Series movie D:
Thanks in advance and have a nice day! :)