*i'm also super excited. lol..

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 17:19

Yes! Torrents! Thanks!

crisdrag

Post by crisdrag » Jun 12th, '08, 18:17

the ending
I got it! I got it!
I just saw the preview for the last ep and the wedding scene to me is clear that Ruka marries Michiru....If you look closer you can see that the person that is the "groom" is quite feminine looking, and when the groom and the bride are at the altar together with their backs to us the groom is just a little taller than the bride, it has short hair and it is a caramel color, like Ruka has it......
What do you think? Am I right?

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » Jun 12th, '08, 18:21

>< I can't get it to download, and I'm going crazy. Is anyone planning on uploading it to a streaming media site? Please do!

namie

Post by namie » Jun 12th, '08, 18:24

Te Amari wrote:>< I can't get it to download, and I'm going crazy. Is anyone planning on uploading it to a streaming media site? Please do!
http://media.putfile.com/Last-Friends-Ep10 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » Jun 12th, '08, 18:27

namie wrote:
Te Amari wrote:>< I can't get it to download, and I'm going crazy. Is anyone planning on uploading it to a streaming media site? Please do!
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! THANKYOU!

I have been freaking about watching this for the longest time. THANKYOU!

:cheers: m(_ _)m

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 18:31

namie wrote:
Even though I want to watch it HQ, I think I'll go with streaming for now, my download speeds suck and I can't wait for this one.

Thanks. ^^

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » Jun 12th, '08, 19:07

Sorry, have to edit, there seems to be a problem with the link.... Anyway, could someone please translate what Michiru was saying while she was lying on the bed, after the gruesome incident? Thanks.
Last edited by ruka_michiru on Jun 12th, '08, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

TokyoJuice

Post by TokyoJuice » Jun 12th, '08, 19:11

I just watched episode 10 and... woah! I don't know what to say .__.
This is how it'll end, huh? *@wedding*

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 19:25

crisdrag wrote:the ending
I got it! I got it!
I just saw the preview for the last ep and the wedding scene to me is clear that Ruka marries Michiru....If you look closer you can see that the person that is the "groom" is quite feminine looking, and when the groom and the bride are at the altar together with their backs to us the groom is just a little taller than the bride, it has short hair and it is a caramel color, like Ruka has it......
You are very very wrong.

That's the hand of a man.

And the body of a man
Last edited by Ladymercury on Jun 12th, '08, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Jun 12th, '08, 19:28

Ladymercury wrote:
crisdrag wrote:the ending
I got it! I got it!
You are very very wrong.

Could you get a screencap of right before that, when we see them from the back?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 19:29

Check the post, I edited it.

saby

Post by saby » Jun 12th, '08, 19:38

that guy ... from behind he looks like Souske :blink :blink or maybe Im just seeing things :goggle: .. i hope..

roon

Post by roon » Jun 12th, '08, 19:41

Ladymercury wrote: You are very very wrong.

And the body of a man
Personally, I think it's Eri and Ogurin.
Now time to whip out those stalker binoculars and see if Ruka and Takeru are present at the wedding!
Last edited by roon on Jun 13th, '08, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 19:42

Weddings?
Spoiler tags please, people!

saby

Post by saby » Jun 12th, '08, 19:47

@ roon
[/spoiler]Personally, I think it's Eri and Ogurin. Now time to whip out those stalker binoculars and see if Ruka and Takeru are present at the wedding!

Hm Ive never thought about that option... not that I look at the picture again.. you are probably right :D
[/quote]

Te Amari

Post by Te Amari » Jun 12th, '08, 19:52

OMG! I just saw it.
And Sousuke wasn't wearing the wedding dress, he was holding it. He probably bought it when she moved in with him and he decided they'd get married, or maybe he bought it when he met her. And I have no idea how to feel about this episode. >__< He's so alone, it's sad. Everyone's leaving him. But there is no way that anyone could condone doing that to someone! Everyone's leaving him...he had things to live for! That kid, Naoya! Sousuke did do some good. If he were a real person, I think it would've been better if he'd gotten some help.

I love Ruka's family. They are amazing, and probably the best thing that could happen to Ruka...an understanding family is priceless.

I have no idea what wedding y'all are talking about...but I highly doubt it's Ruka and Michiru. I'm pretty sure that Michiru is straight. Like, 99% sure.

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Jun 12th, '08, 19:57

roon wrote:

And the body of a man
Personally, I think it's Eri and Ogurin. Now time to whip out those stalker binoculars and see if Ruka and Takeru are present at the wedding!
I'd go with that, too. But I'm not sure if Ogurin is taller than Eri. For some reason, I always thought he was shorter.

But I feel like the bride in the picture is skinnier than Michiru is.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 20:04

WHOA. PEOPLE. SPOILER CUTS.
Ogurin is shorter than Eri so that's not them getting married. Besides, he wasn't going through a divorce anyway so its impossible for the two to get married.

It really looks like Sousuke. I have a feeling this is more like ' What our lives could have been ' kind of scene since there was a wedding dress shown.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 12th, '08, 20:05

omg!!
AAAA AFTER SOUSUKE IS CRAZY, LUCKILY RUKA ESCAPED BY HITTING HIM WITH THE LAMP!! WOOSH LOL

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » Jun 12th, '08, 20:14

Perhaps Souske is already in the verge of dying and already delirious/hallucinating, and the idea of marrying Michiru is surely the product of his delusion.

Iatheia

Post by Iatheia » Jun 12th, '08, 20:20

Ladymercury wrote:WHOA. PEOPLE. SPOILER CUTS.
Ogurin is shorter than Eri so that's not them getting married. Besides, he wasn't going through a divorce anyway so its impossible for the two to get married.

It really looks like Sousuke. I have a feeling this is more like ' What our lives could have been ' kind of scene since there was a wedding dress shown.
I'm sorry, but after what he has done she still has dream sequences about him?

Or, if its his, than he didn't have slow and painful death, which maes me even more disappointed

crisdrag

Post by crisdrag » Jun 12th, '08, 20:24

ending
Someone earlier posted some info that Ueno Juri (Ruka) was seen filming a wedding scene and she was dressed in a suit.....Now I wonder, Sousuke guy wanted to rape Ruka, but if it's his wedding with Michiru (whom he really raped) will he invite Ruka? Takeru cannot be because he's a lot taller and I think I can spot him at the side of the row from the right. The others characters like Ogurin and Eri didn't have great development so I don't think it's their wedding either.
So, I still think it's Ruka's wedding.....maybe she went through with the operation and she's now a male? I agree that the bride seems skinnier than Michiru but I never saw Michiru with her shoulders exposed either....maybe only her face is round like a baby's.
Sousuke is dead I think, he was pretty pale and lost a lot of blood. No way out for him. Plus the title of the ep wasn't "Love and Death"?
Unless the whole wedding scene happens like "10 years later....."

I like this forum sooo much, like reading your opinions, it's fun! I will be sad when this drama ends!!

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 20:26

Episode 10 spoilers.
Well, Michiru was a really big idiot for going over to Sosukes' apartment in the first place. It's the same as when Ruka went, you just had this feeling of dread, and Michiru had it ten times worse than when Ruka got shaken up. Poor Michiru, I really feel for her, when she was on the bed and she was saying 'Please, don't hurt my friends' 'I don't mind staying with you here with you, if you swear this' really got to me. She just had no strength left to fight against him after that.

The ending was pretty confusing, indeed. So we have Sosuke holding a wedding dress with blood dripping from him. Kay. And what we get from the preview is there is a wedding? I doubt it's Sosuke and Michiru, the first ever episode showed us Michiru living on her own, unless she was with Sosuke and they just didn't show us him, wanting us only to see Michiru -- I'm not so sure. Michiru did say 'I betrayed you' (About Ruka) at the start. Also, I don't think there's any question as to who the father is now.

A lot of people seem to think Sosuke didn't die at the end, but I don't know~ Guess we'll just be playing a guessing game until next weeks' episode. Damn these cliffhangers.

Another thing, I guess it was pretty pointless showing us Michiru's co-worker from her first job suffered at the hands of DV, too?
Oh, and huge thanks for posting a link to the English translation for the ep! Was watching and scrolling down the script at the same time. :lol

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 12th, '08, 20:36

again another rumor..
or is it?
Michiru looking at a bloody sousuke? WOOT...

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 20:55

kishimoto-ruka119 wrote:again another rumor..
or is it?
Michiru looking at a bloody sousuke? WOOT...
Pics below

He'd slit his wrists.

Rori wrote:Episode 10 spoilers.
Well, Michiru was a really big idiot for going over to Sosukes' apartment in the first place. It's the same as when Ruka went, you just had this feeling of dread, and Michiru had it ten times worse than when Ruka got shaken up. Poor Michiru, I really feel for her, when she was on the bed and she was saying 'Please, don't hurt my friends' 'I don't mind staying with you here with you, if you swear this' really got to me. She just had no strength left to fight against him after that.

The ending was pretty confusing, indeed. So we have Sosuke holding a wedding dress with blood dripping from him. Kay. And what we get from the preview is there is a wedding? I doubt it's Sosuke and Michiru, the first ever episode showed us Michiru living on her own, unless she was with Sosuke and they just didn't show us him, wanting us only to see Michiru -- I'm not so sure. Michiru did say 'I betrayed you' (About Ruka) at the start. Also, I don't think there's any question as to who the father is now.

A lot of people seem to think Sosuke didn't die at the end, but I don't know~ Guess we'll just be playing a guessing game until next weeks' episode. Damn these cliffhangers.

Another thing, I guess it was pretty pointless showing us Michiru's co-worker from her first job suffered at the hands of DV, too?
Oh, and huge thanks for posting a link to the English translation for the ep! Was watching and scrolling down the script at the same time. :lol
I really think its a what if sequence, it didn't happen but it probably was a look into Sousuke's head of what could have happened. It's the only reasoning I can come up to explain the wedding dress in his hands.
Iatheia wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:WHOA. PEOPLE. SPOILER CUTS.

I'm sorry, but after what he has done she still has dream sequences about him?

Or, if its his, than he didn't have slow and painful death, which maes me even more disappointed
I'm thinking there's a letter and they're just gonna act the scenes out from that letter, thus the wedding dress. There has to be a letter, every dramatic television suicide has a suicide letter

Sano-kun

Post by Sano-kun » Jun 12th, '08, 21:09

The ending was indeed confusing, but I have a feeling that Sousuke and Michiru are the ones in the wedding. It wouldn't make sense for Eri and Ogurin to marry all of a sudden when there was barely any relationship between them.

Also, looking at this pic:

It should be Sousuke since he's slightly taller than Michiru.

If this really didn't occur, then it's possible that Michiru is just having a dream of what her future could of been.

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 12th, '08, 21:11

i've just finished watching the ep10, and OMG, that's really unpredictable!!!
i do believe that Sousuke is died, but can't understand him holding the wedding dress. someone said that maybe he's a gay, but i can't really link the fact that he's gay to things that he did all along the drama. but someone also said that it's maybe because he thought he marrying Michiru is not going to happen, so he wanted to take the dress with him into the grave. maybe yes...but maybe not. i don't know how to predict anymore.. :roll but the last moments make me feel, i don't know, something that i can't explain.. this drama touches me so much!

but before that, what do you all think that make him cry so badly? is it because Michiru surrendered to him? i can't think anything anymore.. :unsure:
and about the last episode's preview:
when i saw the screencap from the back of the groom, it seems like Sousuke to me. but since he's dead (i'm almost sure about that), so i don't know who else can he be..
that was a really GREAT episode!!! :salut:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 12th, '08, 21:17

sarah117 wrote:i've just finished watching the ep10, and OMG, that's really unpredictable!!!
i do believe that Sousuke is died, but can't understand him holding the wedding dress. someone said that maybe he's a gay, but i can't really link the fact that he's gay to things that he did all along the drama. but someone also said that it's maybe because he thought he marrying Michiru is not going to happen, so he wanted to take the dress with him into the grave. maybe yes...but maybe not. i don't know how to predict anymore.. :roll but the last moments make me feel, i don't know, something that i can't explain.. this drama touches me so much!

but before that, what do you all think that make him cry so badly? is it because Michiru surrendered to him? i can't think anything anymore.. :unsure:
and about the last episode's preview:
when i saw the screencap from the back of the groom, it seems like Sousuke to me. but since he's dead (i'm almost sure about that), so i don't know who else can he be..
that was a really GREAT episode!!! :salut:
He cried because of what Michiru told him and realizing what she sacrificed to be with him. There was a translation posted two pages back

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 12th, '08, 21:36

I couldn't wait and this was the first episode (and first anything) I watched without subs... I freaking understand some Japanese! lol. But wow, I'm excited about the last ep.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 12th, '08, 22:13

Nobody got a link to the OST yet? Unless it's been posted and I missed it.

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 13th, '08, 00:56

do any of the cast members ever mention in any interviews why they decided to do such a controversial dorama??

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 13th, '08, 01:00

Not sure, but I hope they sub some of the interviews. They're fun to watch, and they talk too fast for me when not reading scripts. :)

crabbyrat

Post by crabbyrat » Jun 13th, '08, 01:05

About episode 10..
Can somebody tell me what was written in that magazine about Ruka? Thanks!
Man what an episode!!!

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 13th, '08, 01:31

Watch...
t'll be something like Ruka walking Eri down the aisle to give away her away as a bride :roll

AndLoveYelledNO

Post by AndLoveYelledNO » Jun 13th, '08, 01:47

Episode 10
Oh god, I cannot express how relieved I am that Ruka left and did not get raped.
I began crying with relief...and then sorrow as she ran to the dressing room trying to change away that feeling. And then inevitably breaking down.

How in tuned with her is Takeru that he immediately sensed something was wrong? He didn't buy Ruka's excuse that she fell off her bike for a minute.

I don't know what the magazine said because I can't read it but it's definitely slander because Eri said "Why did they do this? Even if it is out of resentment, it 's too much".

Michiru finds out that Ruka likes her!!! But her reaction...isn't it a bit immature? Why is she always running away? So what, that's it? You're going to throw away the friendship because "to always look at the gap between us would be painful for me."
Both of them should talk about this.

Look at the reaction of Ruka's father when she told him she's homosexual. I'm sure he's disappointed but he threw his full support and love at her. It's lovely to finally see Ruka being liberated.

I love how Eri challenged Sosuke's manhood and called him pathetic. I think she was more mad at the fact that she had started to feel these idealistic romantic thoughts because of Sosuke's letters. I think she wanted and hoped that his actions would match those letters. That he would change and of course he disappointed her by staying as crazy as ever.

And how many times must Sosuke manipulate Michiru before she freaking realizes that HE'S MANIPULATING YOU!

"oh my god Sosuke, you lied to me?!" Yes he did...just like the other 354354363 million times and you keep falling for it.

I suppose he finally saw the light while looking at those pictures. He finally saw things from her point of view. Good riddance, I say

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 13th, '08, 02:10

AndLoveYelledNO wrote:
And how many times must Sosuke manipulate Michiru before she freaking realizes that HE'S MANIPULATING YOU!

"oh my god Sosuke, you lied to me?!" Yes he did...just like the other 354354363 million times and you keep falling for it.
I laughed and pretty much /facepalmed when she said that. Pretty silly of her.

I don't think it was immature of Michiru when she ran off after overhearing Takeru and Ruka. It has to come of a shock to her, heck it would be to anybody. You find out your best friend has secretly liked you all this time? I would be hyperventilating if it was me, too. And it's completely understandable when she said 'Whatever I do, I won't be able to reciprocate Ruka's feeling' Her whole life she has seen Ruka has her best friend, it would be HUGELY weird to ask Michiru to turn gay and get with Ruka. She needs time to think about it all, so getting out of the share house wasn't a bad choice for her. It would be nice to say when Michiru has cooled off from it all she could talk to Ruka but given the circumstances -- meaning Sosuke lying on the sofa with blood all over himself -- it's unlikely at the moment.

--

The wedding scene in the preview really baffles me. We can pair up everyone and we still won't be sure until we see it. Michiru and Ruka? Michiru and a post operation Ruka? I just can't see it. :| Nor does the start of the first episode support that theory either.

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 13th, '08, 02:33

roon wrote:

And the body of a man
Personally, I think it's Eri and Ogurin. Now time to whip out those stalker binoculars and see if Ruka and Takeru are present at the wedding!
Hmm... the first cap... wouldn't the 'father' be giving away the daughter, thus walking her down the aisle in that shot?

I want to believe it's RUka and Michru, ha! But that's highly unlikely.... What else? Ogurin and Eri, lol' that'd be a bit of a surprise, non? And even bigger, Ruka walking Eri down the aisle??? That'd be something! xD

Anyway.... thoughts on ep10. GOSH! I can't believe I have to wait 7 days and then it's DONE! :cry: I'm taking that Sousuke took the easy way out, and it's now imagining stuff of what could've been... but to tell u the truth - I want him to survive this and go to prison for rape, attempted rape and beating up takeru. HUMPH! >,<

I did NOT understand anything said, lol so AM waiting anxiously for subs, but must admit it was quite the emotional episode AGAIN! Sousuke crying while watching the photographs was sad, but the moment that got me the most was Ruka talking to her dad (even more that Father's Day is this Sunday. Ruka's voice kept on breaking, and it was so nice to see... and afterwards, when her brother goes "Gambate, Oneechan!" GAWD, the tears were welling up again~~~

And Michiru could've escaped... if only! She had not turned back after she pushed Sousuke away. There was a point where she could've just taken off, but she couldn't just leave him. And look what it got her~~~ AM so glad Ruka was fine, and I actually cheered, :whistling:

And anyway... what did the magazine say???? I don't even know what type of magazine it was. Was it a sports magazine???
I CAN'T wait for the next 7 days~~~~~~~ :crazy:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 13th, '08, 02:37

im quite sad to see the end of this dorama...what other one wud give us so much angst? :\

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 13th, '08, 02:43

siutou_amy wrote:

Anyway.... thoughts on ep10. GOSH! I can't believe I have to wait 7 days and then it's DONE! :cry: I'm taking that Sousuke took the easy way out, and it's now imagining stuff of what could've been... but to tell u the truth - I want him to survive this and go to prison for rape, attempted rape and beating up takeru. HUMPH! >,<

I did NOT understand anything said, lol so AM waiting anxiously for subs, but must admit it was quite the emotional episode AGAIN! Sousuke crying while watching the photographs was sad, but the moment that got me the most was Ruka talking to her dad (even more that Father's Day is this Sunday. Ruka's voice kept on breaking, and it was so nice to see... and afterwards, when her brother goes "Gambate, Oneechan!" GAWD, the tears were welling up again~~~

And Michiru could've escaped... if only! She had not turned back after she pushed Sousuke away. There was a point where she could've just taken off, but she couldn't just leave him. And look what it got her~~~ AM so glad Ruka was fine, and I actually cheered, :whistling:
I CAN'T wait for the next 7 days~~~~~~~ :crazy:
I think the scenes with Ruka's dad were my favorite. I really loved the line 'She's a cute daughter, for me' It's great to have a dad like that. I was so happy for Ruka when he said he would support her, because I can understand how she felt for the one person she didn't want to disappoint accepted her for who she was - the person she's been keeping locked up from for such a long time.

About Michiru escaping, it's the same as Ruka, there were a few chances when she could have made a dash for it, but she turned her back on the door and right into the hands of Sosuke. It was so stupid of her, and she payed for it.

lol, all these 'Yay, Ruka was OK!~' comments make me feel really sorry for Michiru. xD
If you can do with just a normal translation and not subs, Ladymercury posted a link to an English translation of the episode some pages back.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 13th, '08, 04:21

wow talk about drama
i'm so glad that ruka snapped out of it and hit sousake with that lamp to escape. It broke my heart seeing her freaked out while changing her shirt. this ep had alot more dialogue than the last ep so I didn't really understand much. Though i thought it was really funny when i read on this forum that people were saying how sousake was wearing a dress and all this gay stuff. i'm like wtf are you guys talking about? he was definitely holding that dress with blood dripping down. he probably were thinking about how it would be to marry michiru but since he knows it won't happen he decided to commit suicide instead. I think while looking at those pics of how happy michiru was he finally understood that her being with him wasn't making her happy.

i agree with a previous member that the wedding is probably a playout of sousake's suicide letter. it wouldn't be michiru and ruka since ep 1 michiru said that she's living alone and that she betrayed ruka. The hair doesn't look like takeru's and Ogurin...well he's kinda short. oh no one really knows until ep 11 comes out.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 13th, '08, 04:31

Damn.
The ending to Episode 10 was WEAK.

And that's being kind.

The writers totally screwed this and the viewers: they practically made psycho Sosuke a freaking martyr....

They pretty much wasted Juri-chan and Eita's performances in this drama.

Sick. :cussing:

tegorabu

Post by tegorabu » Jun 13th, '08, 05:04

A couple people asked what the magazine said about Ruka..
The magazine article says "Popular female motocross rider has gender identity disorder?!

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 13th, '08, 05:09

Last Friends Episode 10 rating: 20.7% :thumleft:

They beat Change.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 13th, '08, 05:21

hanapyupyu wrote:Last Friends Episode 10 rating: 20.7% :thumleft:

They beat Change.
that's GREAT NEWS!!! finally....well let's hope the last episode surpasses that! way to go! :cheers:

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 13th, '08, 05:29

avieamber wrote:

They beat Change.
that's GREAT NEWS!!! finally....well let's hope the last episode surpasses that! way to go! :cheers:
Yup~yup! They finally hit the 20's mark...I'm happy for the cast. Let's end this show on a high note! :cheers:

royuki

Post by royuki » Jun 13th, '08, 06:08

I just saw episode 10. And it was... powerful. Again it was Ueno Juri/Ruka stealing the whole show.
Her explanation about why she didn't tell Michiru was so calm. I like that it was 'I didn't want to taint her feelings for me.' rather then 'She will never love me and will hate me' stuff. I am kind of disappointed with Michiru. It took a lot of courage from Ruka and she did a lot for this friendship despite the numerous times it hurted her, most of them because of careless words from Michiru. Now that Michiru have learned the truth rather then face Ruka and talk, she ran away. I understand that she might be in shock, but she kind of left without saying anything to Ruka like just that she needs time or something. That's pretty selfish.
Another golden scene is Ruka and her father's conversation. It was such a delicate moment and so well done by writer and actors. Telling such a deep secret to your parents is very hard and scary, but i think it was handled very honestly about real characters who love each other and have to deal with an issue they might not entirely understand or accept, but managing to keep hold of each other anyway. Unlike Takeru and Ruka's show of support, I like how this was just a quiet acceptance. And the scene were he was alone with Takeru. I cried. I wished I had that kind of understanding with my father. I don't trust my father with the bills much less with any personal secrets.
Michiru's rape... I was so sad. No woman should have to go through that and she seemed to have been broken too. I wonder if with so little time left, if the writer's will give Michiru the proper time to heal and deal with it?
The actor Ryo was pretty excellent in this scene. His character might be a bit flat in some cases, with not enough backstory, but the actor did a good job portraying all his faces I think. The kind face, the violent face, the aloof/lonely face, the desperate face, and now the broken-down lost-everything- face. I was more touched seeing him cry then the times I saw Michiru cry after a beating. I think he realized he had never made her happy as she was in the pictures.
I'm so impressed by all the actors and actresses in this series. Incredible.
Now I just hope they will tie up this series neatly.
I don't know what I'm going to do when this series is over. I'd probably have to find friends to convert with this series too. Or just join the Ruka/Juri fanclub I heard rumors about. Sign me up! ^^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 13th, '08, 06:12

More thoughts/rants about Episode 10 and the series overall:
Watching Episode 10 progress, I realized (yet again) that Ruka's story and to some degree, Takeru's involvement with her were the most interesting and probably would've been a (good) drama unto itself...

Michiru's story is sad (in more ways than one) and pretty much shows zero growth/development/evolution... And what can you say about Sosuke that hasn't been said repeatly and angrily?

In all honesty, two relatively meaningless characters... Not surprisingly, all the talk has been about Ruka and Takeru and just frustration with Michiru and Sosuke.

What a waste.

vege-okonomiyaki

Post by vege-okonomiyaki » Jun 13th, '08, 06:18

hanapyupyu wrote:
ashton wrote:
rulan wrote:
hehe tell me about it. i didn't know that so many people wanted to join the sexually-frustrated/madly in love with/tear off her shirt Ruka-chan fan club. ok so who wants make a website/shrine dedicated to her? i'm currently trying to create my first music video of her so i'll be kinda busy.

I'd probably qualify for membership to that club, even though i'm content just ogling. Seriously though, i totally love the way she's rocking the boyish look, but my eyes nearly popped out of my head when i saw her in that skirt and heels outfit. It's an awesome picture- both from a photographic and an omg-she's-gorgeous perspective.

I do love the show, but i have to admit that i wouldn't have started watching it if it weren't Ueno Juri and her character.
LOL, I agree with ya'll on all counts! She turns on gays (Takeru - what? without Ruka, he'll never be straightened out! :mrgreen:), psychos, lesbians, straights, fangirls and fanboys (hey, we mustn't forget them too) !! :lol :thumleft:

So sign me up for the GLBTS (have i missed anything out? :mrgreen: ) in Love with Juri Brigade! :lol Juri is just so striking and gorgeous with her short hair. If Juri were a bit taller, she'd make for a great model because her looks are very distinct/sharp and she has such expressive eyes. (Then again, Japanese girls are generally shorter so she may be considered tall over there.) Usually, I just like female stars, but am not personally attracted to them - you know, being a straight girl and all, lol - but Juri's charm as Ruka has made me question my own sexuality for a bit....hahaha....she's just so attractive. I can't explain it....gahhh. :wub:
Sorry I'm a bit late to the conversation - trying not to get spoiled, heh - but count me in for the lesbians in love with Juri (and Ruka) fan club! :lol

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 13th, '08, 06:40

Rori wrote:
I think the scenes with Ruka's dad were my favorite. I really loved the line 'She's a cute daughter, for me' It's great to have a dad like that. I was so happy for Ruka when he said he would support her, because I can understand how she felt for the one person she didn't want to disappoint accepted her for who she was - the person she's been keeping locked up from for such a long time.

About Michiru escaping, it's the same as Ruka, there were a few chances when she could have made a dash for it, but she turned her back on the door and right into the hands of Sosuke. It was so stupid of her, and she payed for it.

lol, all these 'Yay, Ruka was OK!~' comments make me feel really sorry for Michiru. xD
If you can do with just a normal translation and not subs, Ladymercury posted a link to an English translation of the episode some pages back.
Thank you! I read the translations!
Gosh, I even cried more when reading the scene with Ruka and her dad, and her dad with Takeru. Such beautiful words indeed. It even makes me teary to just think about it. The way he described her as a kid who never wore skirts, but wore shorts and pants... the playing with the boys and get all muddy. T_T

And yeah, we probably feel bad for Michiru... but Ruka totally steals the thunder because she makes our hearts go tokidoki xD
tegorabu wrote:A couple people asked what the magazine said about Ruka..
The magazine article says "Popular female motocross rider has gender identity disorder?!
Thank you for that translation!!! Was that a sport magazine? I suppose~

I totally agree that Ruka and Takeru are the best written characters of the show, and that they are what makes the show special. I cannot think of any reason anyone wouldn't love Takeru. Even my dad likes Takeru!! LOL' I think I need a Ruka spin-off... would that be a possible idea? Maybe if it's not possible on a show, maybe something like a well-done comic... a la Buffy Season 8 Comics, though I would totally miss Juri Ueno playing Ruka.

They are all truly great actors! Ruka and Takeru make my heart go tokidoki hahaha.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 13th, '08, 07:01

i just watched ep10
my thoughts...first of all, Ruka's scenes: well i'm glad that she managed to get away, sth i had predicted earlier on, but i couldn't help but felt funny the way Sousuke tried to rape her. Is it just me or it seems that when they do raping scenes in this drama a bit unrealistic? But the one where he shoves Michiru's shirt up was believable at least.

Well i don't understand much of their dialogues but just watching Ruka's expressions when she told Takeru and her father is enough to explain the while situation. And i do agree that it's really difficult to discuss or reveal a secret that you know is gonna be painful for your parents. I understand her feelings coz like her, one of the last thing i ever wanted is to disappoint my parents or family. but i really salute her father for being such an understanding person! He showed such a calm composure in front of Ruka so as to show her that she has his full support no matter what happened, although he did break down in front of Takeru afterwards. But that's just natural.

And i like Ruka's words as she's clutching the imaginary charm Michiru gave her " Michiru, let's go..." that was sweet.

Now to Sousuke's case: the last scene was...how should i put it. I have mixed feelings when i see him crying like a baby looking at the pics. I feel like the writers are playing with our feelings! It's like they want you to HATE/ DETEST that person from ep1 till now...the climax then they make us feel sorry for him?! :roll and the death scene is just lame. somehow it's one of the worst death scene i've ever seen.

but for this episode, for the first time i actually felt sorry for Michiru like for the FIRST TIME. I've mentioned somewhere i think in Juri's thread that i just have sth against Masami's acting all this time, but for the first time, she makes me feel sorry for her. The scene where i think she was great was the one after Sousuke raped her, she's draped with bed sheet and just lying there, lifelessly...like there's just nothing more that matters. And for her to beg Sousuke to not harm her friends, that was touching. It's like you can do whatever you want with me, but just don't do anything to my friends. And having Sousuke yelling at her after that was awesome too.

Man, this series is one of the only drama that makes my emotions going on a rollercoaster! It makes you feel happy when you see them all laughing in pure bliss in the sharehouse, then it makes you feel depressed the next minute.

About the trailer for last episode----> i think the wedding scene is just an imaginary of what it would've been like for Michiru and Sousuke. but the one scene i liked was the BIKE scene...i really hoped that we're looking at Michiru and Ruka together on the bike, cruising along the seaside. * i mean, even if they can't be together, they can still be best friends right? and Michiru once said that Ruka always let her ride in the back seat, i'd really like to see that scene of them together as good friends, like before*

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jun 13th, '08, 07:45

They beat Change.
wow, that's GREAT!!! way to go, Last Friends~!!! :thumright: :thumright:

wintergal

Post by wintergal » Jun 13th, '08, 10:55

I'm glad ep 10 reached 20.7% for the ratings! :)
But too bad I can't watch it since I'm almost reaching my internet limit. >_<
And I'm relieved to know that Ruka is alright.
Kinda feel sad that Last Friends is going to end soon, though.

mutafaca

Post by mutafaca » Jun 13th, '08, 11:12

Rori wrote: Oh, and huge thanks for posting a link to the English translation for the ep! Was watching and scrolling down the script at the same time. :lol
where is the link? :blink

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 13th, '08, 11:25

mutafaca wrote:
Rori wrote: Oh, and huge thanks for posting a link to the English translation for the ep! Was watching and scrolling down the script at the same time. :lol
where is the link? :blink
here:
http://jdrama.cc/node/112

enjoy!

eilla

Post by eilla » Jun 13th, '08, 12:05

I've just started to watch this drama and I'm really into it! Very interesting! Scary sometimes. But good. :)

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Jun 13th, '08, 12:31

OH MY GOD EPISODE 10 GET DOWNLOADED! IF SOUSUKE RAPED RUKA I WILL KILL HIM!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 13th, '08, 12:40

Darianasi wrote:OH MY GOD EPISODE 10 GET DOWNLOADED! IF SOUSUKE RAPED RUKA I WILL KILL HIM!
uh maybe you should watch it first... :lol

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Jun 13th, '08, 12:43

avieamber wrote:
Darianasi wrote:OH MY GOD EPISODE 10 GET DOWNLOADED! IF SOUSUKE RAPED RUKA I WILL KILL HIM!
uh maybe you should watch it first... :lol
thats what i am planning to do *smiles* it takes to much time to get downloaded!!! -.- by the way last friends is every friday? or every thursday?

Yumi Yan

Post by Yumi Yan » Jun 13th, '08, 12:45

have just finished watching...EEK!....
:cry: poor Sousuke.. He had to go through all that and to see those pics to understand that he's wrong! The scene where he was laying dead with the wedding dress was erm...(call me weird but...) it was beautiful... and sad at the same time... Looks like the only way how he was able to let go Michiru was death... He shown that he could be good but there was more of bad in him...I'm just so sorry for him being so stupid and weak! BUT it was the first time when he contained and haven't hit Michiru...

I was thinking of some symbolic in that scene, serched some on the net and.....
The white wedding dress definatelly has something with his and Michiru's future. Also if we would look to that dress from other point of view: white color besides all other meanings has a meaning of surender so it might be the same thing that Sousuke just gives up on this and well it also has something with death..And one more thing...red is also a color of violence, war, aggression, or passion (though in this case it was more of an obsession...:|).. so i would say that "violence has given up" .... :whistling:

Other thing is that I'm really happy about Ruka, she has an amazing family, who accepted her as she is!And I relieved that she managed to escape from Sousuke's place...
Last edited by Yumi Yan on Jun 13th, '08, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Jun 13th, '08, 12:48

Yumi Yan wrote:have just finished watching...EEK!....
:cry: poor Sousuke.. He had to go through all that and to see those pics to understand that he's wrong! The scene where he was laying dead with the wedding dress was erm...(call me weird but...) it was beautiful... and sad at the same time... Looks like the only way how he was able to let go Michiru was death... He shown that he could be good but there was more of bad in him...I'm just so sorry for him being so stupid and weak!

I was thinking of some symbolic in that scene, serched some on the net and.....
The white wedding dress definatelly has something with his and Michiru's future. Also if we would look to that dress from other point of view: white color besides all other meanings has a meaning of surender so it might be the same thing that Sousuke just gives up on this and well it also has something with death..And one more thing...red is also a color of violence, war, aggression, or passion (though in this case it was more of an obsession...:|).. so i would say that "violence has gave up" .... :whistling:

Other thing is that I'm really happy about Ruka, she has an amazing family, who accepted her as she is!And I relieved that she managed to escape from Sousuke's place...

SOUSUKE DIED?! OH MY GOD YES YES YES YES YES! *evil laugh* okay okay i aint that evil but i am glad he is gone *Smiles* Does michiru knows now about ruka loves her? :)

mutafaca

Post by mutafaca » Jun 13th, '08, 12:54

wahahaha..
Thanks for the translation!!!
FInally the antagonist Sousuke dies.
The 'bakemono' kills himself.
Now that's cleared up, cant wait for the next episode. :lol
however..
I feel i'm the only male here.. :unsure:

docipain

Post by docipain » Jun 13th, '08, 12:59

It's glad how easy people deal with someone's death, isn't it? It something we should all be glad about...oh yes...it's positive if people die *___*
.sometimes I really have the feeling that some people watch doramas too superficial because in the end sousuke's death won't make it positive for Michiru but who cares as long as he is dead :D Some of you should be embarrassed...but okay ^___^v

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Jun 13th, '08, 13:02

Look -.- i hate sousuke! and i want michiru to be with ruka! they belong together! and i just want ruka to tell her -.- i never did care of that jurk sousuke -.- because he is a psycho! and i am so happy he is dead yes :D

Yumi Yan

Post by Yumi Yan » Jun 13th, '08, 13:08

Darianasi wrote:Look -.- i hate sousuke! and i want michiru to be with ruka! they belong together! and i just want ruka to tell her -.- i never did care of that jurk sousuke -.- because he is a psycho! and i am so happy he is dead yes :D
I didn't like him also but I guess every person should have a chance to stand up! :-(

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Jun 13th, '08, 13:10

Michiru gave him many chances if you ask me... -.- anyway please tell me if ruka told her she loves her? i so admire ruka when she told sousuke she is the one who trully loves michiru!

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Jun 13th, '08, 13:10

@Darianasi: Could you please use spoiler tags next time? It ruined it.

docipain

Post by docipain » Jun 13th, '08, 13:11

if sousuke is alive or not..it didn't change anything when it comes to ruka and michiru because there is more than just letting someone die to make others happy. it was a unnessarry death if you only want michiru and ruka be happy together. people don't have to die so that others can be happy.
He might be a psycho but if we look at the reasons how he became like that it's only logical. I am sure everyone can become like that if you never had people who loves you around yourself and you are simply a lonely being who does not trust anyone. But when there is one you know that he/she loves you it's something so special you don't want to lose it again.
Actually Sousuke was normal guy..he just didn't want to share is one and only love with anyone

I loved his last sentenxe..."I will set you free." :/

mutafaca

Post by mutafaca » Jun 13th, '08, 13:38

yeah.. can only blame on his sad past.. that's why he became like that...
kawai sou..
until now, it was too little too late.. if he were still alive, would he carry the responsibility to really take care of Michiru, i wonder.. Would he carry the burden knowing out there is his child..
just speculating :p

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 13th, '08, 13:47

mutafaca wrote:I feel i'm the only male here.. :unsure:
You need to read more of the posts, dude. :mrgreen:

anons

Post by anons » Jun 13th, '08, 13:55

Hi everyone, I started watching this series with some expectation but have since developed frustration and abit of disappointment. WARNING: CONTAINS REFERENCES TO EP. 10.

- Ruka: So in the end - what exactly is Ruka's issue? I'm not very pleased with the way the writers addressed this - it seems we're being told she has Gender Identity Disorder (if you ask me I don't think she qualifies, but let's assume she does have that). What does that have to do with her sexual orientation? People automatically assume GID people are "gay" - but really these are two separate issues. I don't like the writers treating Ruka voicing only one side - ie. attraction to Michiru to be the same thing as Ruka saying "I have GID" (see ep. 10 when she talks to her Dad) [edits: sorry I meant this part is only specifically relating to episode 10. If she was baring herself to her dad, shouldn't her biggest issue to make it clear that she feels like a man and not "I can never like a man"?)

- Takeru: All we have to go on is that creepy idea that he was sexually molested by his sister when he was a kid. Personally I don't want to know what went on and now that the series seem to be wrapping up without really referring to it, I don't see why the writers even wanted to toss that idea in there in the first place. If they don't have the guts to completely lay it out, then don't bother suggesting it to capture audience.

- Eri: She doesn't actually have much of an issue, yet they made her seem like her issue will probably be pretty important. Her more interesting story got shafted because of the DV issues.

- Michiru: Sometimes I really just want to slap some sense into her. I understand why she has such low self-esteem and may be weak, so I'm willing to be forgiving when it comes to her attaching herself to Sousuke. However, seeing ep 10 - her reaction seems pretty damn extreme, but I've never had that situation before so to be fair, I can't gauge her too harshly. Still I reckon it was extreme (since she only know about the romantic liking part).

- Sousuke - I never wanted him to die. He really should have gotten rehab or went to jail for a few years after rape, attempted rape, indecent assault, battery, stalking etc. Don't understand why the other characters kept letting him off. This is probably one of my single biggest gripes with this show is why none of the characters ever thought of calling the police?? Is it that hard to get some authorities into the scene? The guy's not even hiding from the police for god's sake. The fact no one ever thinks of calling the police after all these incidents makes Japan seem post-apocalyptic (and one with no police/judiciary).

- Ogurin - I thought he was cute at first, well now he's just annoying. He should either divorce his wife or move back. Weak.

DV issue dragged on for the entire show which it shouldn't. Useless and took up other characters screen time. It sometimes takes 2 minutes for a character to mumble one complete sentence.... I wonder if in real life it is easier to drag out a sentence in heavy atmosphere or just say it all out.

Let's hope the last episode will at least be relatively satisfactory. All the zazz is gone.
Last edited by anons on Jun 13th, '08, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.

Darianasi

Post by Darianasi » Jun 13th, '08, 14:08

Anons i dont think you are getting the series at all!

Ruka- She loves michiru! she is in a hard possition! she as a person is a close character. she doesnt talk much and thats her biggest weak point. always acting tough when all she was trying to do is be someone she isnt. she doesnt liking her body its just because she always acts someone else! i think ruka should be more her self and i am glad she open up to someone . eventhat someone was takeru i am still glad she told him she loves michiru. you see my friend ruka is a lot like me... i am in the same place she is... i know how it is and its hard...

Michiru- sometimes i wonder how can she not get it that ruka loves her? so obvious but still is it? ruka tries to hide it but still people can see. eri notice and so does takeru. i think michiru is just wayt to soft hearted... in the good way. michiru got hurt because of sousuke. not only physicaly but emotionaly to. she knew sousuke loved her and she loved him to but then he just hurted her so much. demo as we can see michiru understunds ruka loves her at the end. and i am glad...

sousuke- i dont like him. i think he is a big psycho but i do think he had a tough childhood. i dont like the way he acts michiru. he deserved it to die. it was his punishment for what he did.

eri- she is a complicated person, demo a trustworthy friend thats always there for her friends

takeru- his past maybe will be revealed in episode 11 or 12 but the writers show it so you can get more into takerus character. to understund why he acts like that and why he doesnt like his sister

you know i think you should watch the episodes again carefuly and this time trully see what the characters say. and feel their words. from the words you typed above it just seems like you dont get it all.

Haruka

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jun 13th, '08, 14:20

@ anons: that's a long read but i think i can only agree with you in certain points like spending too much time on the whole DV case. Also the fact that they failed to give us more light on Takeru and Eri's problems.

Now, how is it that Ruka doesn't qualify being a person with GID issue? Well i admit i don't quite understand the whole transexual/transgender/queergender issues...coz they're complicated for me. Those are the types of GID and many more from what i found in wikipedia. *although i tried reading but in the end i gave up coz i dont seem to understand or differentiate them* but they do explain Ruka's case to me, at least. She's not comfortable with her body, she's not acting like a female, the gender she's born into with. And she loves her best friend. If that's not called GID, then i don't know what it's called anymore.

As for Sousuke:
i didn't want him to die like that too. Actually i was hoping someone else to die. ^^
oh and it beats me until now too as to why none of them reported the DV to the police. And i think i get it a little after watching Hokaben, a new series with Aya Ueto as a lawyer, her first client was abused by her husband too. After watching that episode, i think i understand a bit now that law isn't something that will/can always protect you. The opponents will always have ways to manipulate the situation. And here, we have Sousuke who's GOOD at acting his innocent face, and having Michiru who is a weakling and doesn't dare to stand up for herself, what more to sue Sousuke? Besides, in Takeru's case, when he's beaten, there's no witness. So this gives Sousuke the advantage too. I don't know if i make sense here but yeah...just what i thought.

This series does give me some disappointment at some parts but nevertheless, i find it enjoyable and it's filled with suspense and the casts are absolutely amazing here, especially Ueno Juri and Eita.

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Jun 13th, '08, 14:22

Heeeello. Spoiler tags.
Anons, you refer to "issues." I think part of the point of this drama is to view each character as a representative of groups of people in real life. Each character doesn't exist, just because of his/her issue. We have to view them as people just like ourselves.

Ruka - To be honest, I think Ruka is just as weak as Michiru in facing her own emotions. Also, I don't understand why she likes Michiru. Oh, well. However, I think the drama has been doing good job in the last few episodes of showing Ruka's development in being able to open up to others, such as Takeru. For the transgender thing, I think it was more of an issue in earlier episodes, but I think of Ruka as female and I can't think of any instances of why she would want to be a male (although she doesn't show any "female" traits, she doesn't really show any "male" traits, either.)

Takeru - I do think the writers will put something in the last ep(s) about that, so it's too early to say.

Eri and Ogurin - Well, the writers do have to wrap it up sooner or later. Personally I'm hoping they'll be together. :wub:

Michiru - I think it is realistic how she's acting. There are people who suffer from DV and are unable to "escape", even given their chances, because of their personality and the way they're drawn to another person. When the DV victim has felt loneliness, or pain, they still don't want the other person to feel that way, so when the significant other says s/he needs him/her, then they're still drawn to the person. Also, when the victim does make friends or starts to hold others dear to her heart, the victim wants to protect them, naturally (which is also part of the reason Michiru went back, right? lack of subs). I think Michiru's one of more easy to understand characters.

Sousuke - Not too sure what his childhood experiences were, so I'll hold off on anything. However, with the suicide, I hope he lives. Suicide attempt seems to fit more.

Also, I really do hope the writers will refer back to Michiru's coworker's DV sub-story, too (or did they in this last ep?).

Wasn't this meant to focus more on DV? In showing us the supporting characters, it's to show us the effects DV, although between two people, can affect other people.

Reporting to the police? Now, that would just spoil the series, wouldn't it- :O
I think there was a conversation a few pages back about how in Jap. culture, it wasn't as socially accepted. However, I don't think that's quite the issue here. I think the friends don't report to the police simply because they feel like it would be putting Michiru through another trial, and also because they think they can protect Michiru themselves. Michiru wouldn't report, because she'd want to protect Sousuke.
Last edited by LukiaWhitney on Jun 13th, '08, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.