Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[Discussion] Nodame Cantabile and also its SP in Europe

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » May 13th, '08, 20:24

I really, really liked this drama (I watched it in just two days :-) ), which is pretty amazing considering that I found the character of Nodame pretty annoying most of the time. But the music was beautiful (I got goose-bumps everytime an orchestra played), I especially liked the S-Oke performance of Rhapsody in Blue. :heart:

This also deepened my love for Eita! :heart: :wub: After reading the manga spoilers, I'm starting to wish for another SP, with more Eita of course! :D

User avatar
requiem
Posts: 40
Joined: Mar 26th, '06, 21:49
Location: USA

Post by requiem » May 13th, '08, 21:24

Of course how could I not make a comment on this drama :P

Why this drama rocks:
  • - It dramatizes the everlasting age of Western "classical" music(or to be more politically correct, "art music"). In today's world we are inundated with an age of "generated pop," wherein there is little or no deviation from the simplest standards of a "catchy" or "hot" sort of tune. As a classical performer myself (like I am sure of many in this forum), it is extremely aggravating how our music education has become an option and not a necessity (in the past, throughout Europe and Asia it was truly standard for a student to explore music beyond what is "utility" for recreation - in other words, learning about music, rather than just having fun with it.) Granted that music like jazz and certain types of heavy metal are cornerstones of musical intelligence, but classical music is the only one of all of these fields which retains a conservative perspective, making it far more difficult to approach and appreciate by the majority of "common folk" in society today. It is my hope that dramas like this as well as other contemporary amalgamations internationally will inspire people to explore this art again open-mindedly.

    I was at first extemely skeptical of Nodame, fearing it implicating simple, overused classical themes and repeating the errors of ignorance; however after 3 episodes I was absolutely HOOKED. Undoubtedly, Nodame retains a simple perspective towards classical music through a stronger exploration of the dramatic portion, but nonetheless it can be very inspiring to the ever so arrogant, snob-nosed ( such as me - I think I am like Chiaki, actually :lol ) performer of the 21st century.
  • Virtuosity. Perhaps in fact most of the cast for this drama was not quite the virtuoso that they "acted" as, but the acting was quite virtuosic:

    - For example, Tamaki had no musical experience prior to the drama, and had to study arduously to imitate the movements of a typical conductor.
    - Ueno herself was a saxophonist according to a few webblogs I read, so identifying with the mechanics of piano playing may not have been as difficult for her as Tamaki.

    Regardless, the recordings they use (Tokyo Philiharmonic) over the imitations of the artists were of quality, although I must argue that Asian standards of glorified music are bit too focused on skill and precision - American schools nowadays are trying to undo the "mechanical" education of music that has blighted the art for some time now, and reinvite a similar sort of playfulness and expressiveness that took place during the 19th and early 20th century. I am not sure, but I'd imagine in the East soon enough they will do the same.
What could have been better?
In short, the "anime" aspects of the drama (punching and slapping Nodame across stages and parks, ridiculous faces, etc.) could have been exercised less. Yes - I love anime, too; but the comedy alone without the random violence was hysterical as is. :scratch:

Second of all, more Stressmann - just because he's like one of my favorite Japanese actors and is a god amongst men. :mrgreen: [/list]

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 13th, '08, 23:51

SSpiegel wrote:I really, really liked this drama (I watched it in just two days :-) ), which is pretty amazing considering that I found the character of Nodame pretty annoying most of the time.
Without Nodame, this drama wouldn't exist... :P

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » May 14th, '08, 02:03

bmwracer wrote:
SSpiegel wrote:I really, really liked this drama (I watched it in just two days :-) ), which is pretty amazing considering that I found the character of Nodame pretty annoying most of the time.
Without Nodame, this drama wouldn't exist... :P
That doesn't mean I have to like her... :-)

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » May 14th, '08, 02:08

SSpiegel wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Without Nodame, this drama wouldn't exist... :P
That doesn't mean I have to like her... :-)
In conclusion, you don't like this drama?

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » May 14th, '08, 02:19

atskv9 wrote: In conclusion, you don't like this drama?
How exactly did you get to that conclusion? Nodame is just one of the characters (and one of the elements) in this drama, a fairly big one, I admit, but I can like this drama without liking her. I don't think it's that hard to understand. Like I said in my first post, "I really, really like this drama."

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '08, 02:30

SSpiegel wrote:This also deepened my love for Eita! :heart: :wub: After reading the manga spoilers, I'm starting to wish for another SP, with more Eita of course! :D
Don't hold your breath... The entire drama/manga/anime revolves around Chiaki and Nodame, not Mine.

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » May 14th, '08, 02:47

SSpiegel wrote:How exactly did you get to that conclusion? Nodame is just one of the characters (and one of the elements) in this drama, a fairly big one, I admit, but I can like this drama without liking her. I don't think it's that hard to understand. Like I said in my first post, "I really, really like this drama."
Sorry, your other posts were leading me to believe otherwise. If the drama mostly revolves around Nodame and Chiaki, logically you would think that you didn't like half of the drama, with the idea that Nodame would get half of the screentime. I realize I'm probably blowing it out of proportion, but finding a certain character annoying for half the total time of a drama I think would cause me to stop watching it. Not only would their airtime be unwatchable but all their interactions with other characters as well. Granted I haven't seen a ton of them and I've been somewhat selective in the ones I've watched, I'll have to actually determine for myself if I'd stop watching one. This may be the case for Last Friends and Michiru, but we'll see. Sooooo yeah, sorry :flamed:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '08, 03:12

atskv9 wrote:
SSpiegel wrote:How exactly did you get to that conclusion? Nodame is just one of the characters (and one of the elements) in this drama, a fairly big one, I admit, but I can like this drama without liking her. I don't think it's that hard to understand. Like I said in my first post, "I really, really like this drama."
Sorry, your other posts were leading me to believe otherwise. If the drama mostly revolves around Nodame and Chiaki, logically you would think that you didn't like half of the drama, with the idea that Nodame would get half of the screentime. I realize I'm probably blowing it out of proportion, but finding a certain character annoying for half the total time of a drama I think would cause me to stop watching it. Not only would their airtime be unwatchable but all their interactions with other characters as well. Granted I haven't seen a ton of them and I've been somewhat selective in the ones I've watched, I'll have to actually determine for myself if I'd stop watching one. This may be the case for Last Friends and Michiru, but we'll see. Sooooo yeah, sorry :flamed:
I totally agree... It's like saying "I like hamburgers, but not the meat inside..." :lol

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » May 14th, '08, 03:13

atskv9 wrote: Sorry, your other posts were leading me to believe otherwise. If the drama mostly revolves around Nodame and Chiaki, logically you would think that you didn't like half of the drama, with the idea that Nodame would get half of the screentime. I realize I'm probably blowing it out of proportion, but finding a certain character annoying for half the total time of a drama I think would cause me to stop watching it. Not only would their airtime be unwatchable but all their interactions with other characters as well. Granted I haven't seen a ton of them and I've been somewhat selective in the ones I've watched, I'll have to actually determine for myself if I'd stop watching one. This may be the case for Last Friends and Michiru, but we'll see. Sooooo yeah, sorry :flamed:
But I don't think Nodame got half of the screentime (not that I was counting minutes). And I originally said that I found her pretty annoying most of the time. Not liking her doesn't mean hating her. I guess I liked the rest of this drama so much, I could live with her being in it too. :P
But there's no need to apologise. I understand if you like her, so maybe you could understand that I don't. There's no need to fight over opinions and personal preferences.
:offtopic: I'm watching Last Friends too, and I can understand if you're annoyed with Michiru, but I think the rest of it is still really good. You can't let just one character get to you and thus miss out on a good series! :)
bmwracer wrote: Don't hold your breath... The entire drama/manga/anime revolves around Chiaki and Nodame, not Mine.


Don't worry, I'm still breathing. But since people were saying
that in the manga Mine and the others have a reunion in Paris(?), then there's a chance he might have a bigger part in the next SP, if they ever make one. And even though a new SP or even a season would be nice, my life doesn't depend on it.
bmwracer wrote: I totally agree... It's like saying "I like hamburgers, but not the meat inside..." :lol
Actually, I really like meat pies, but not the meat inside. So when I ate one today, I took the meat out. :D

User avatar
requiem
Posts: 40
Joined: Mar 26th, '06, 21:49
Location: USA

Post by requiem » May 14th, '08, 04:39

SSpiegel wrote:
atskv9 wrote: Sorry, your other posts were leading me to believe otherwise. If the drama mostly revolves around Nodame and Chiaki, logically you would think that you didn't like half of the drama, with the idea that Nodame would get half of the screentime. I realize I'm probably blowing it out of proportion, but finding a certain character annoying for half the total time of a drama I think would cause me to stop watching it. Not only would their airtime be unwatchable but all their interactions with other characters as well. Granted I haven't seen a ton of them and I've been somewhat selective in the ones I've watched, I'll have to actually determine for myself if I'd stop watching one. This may be the case for Last Friends and Michiru, but we'll see. Sooooo yeah, sorry :flamed:
But I don't think Nodame got half of the screentime (not that I was counting minutes). And I originally said that I found her pretty annoying most of the time. Not liking her doesn't mean hating her. I guess I liked the rest of this drama so much, I could live with her being in it too. :P
But there's no need to apologise. I understand if you like her, so maybe you could understand that I don't. There's no need to fight over opinions and personal preferences.
:offtopic: I'm watching Last Friends too, and I can understand if you're annoyed with Michiru, but I think the rest of it is still really good. You can't let just one character get to you and thus miss out on a good series! :)
bmwracer wrote: Don't hold your breath... The entire drama/manga/anime revolves around Chiaki and Nodame, not Mine.


Don't worry, I'm still breathing. But since people were saying
that in the manga Mine and the others have a reunion in Paris(?), then there's a chance he might have a bigger part in the next SP, if they ever make one. And even though a new SP or even a season would be nice, my life doesn't depend on it.
bmwracer wrote: I totally agree... It's like saying "I like hamburgers, but not the meat inside..." :lol
Actually, I really like meat pies, but not the meat inside. So when I ate one today, I took the meat out. :D
Then you don't like meat pies then - you like pie crust. :P

Even so, there's a reason why Nodame is annoying - she's brilliant.
Gustav Mahler was an depressed composer and angry conductor - he threw people out of orchestra depending on his mood.
Tchaikovsky was a crybaby homosexual (nothing against homosexuals here); but he cried and moaned an awful lot because he couldn't love someone openly, and eventually - as suspicion - killed himself. Franz Schubert was a crybaby, too.

Last of all, have you ever seen the movie Amadeus? Without question you could understand how easy it is to hate Mozart.

My point is, musicians are not necessarily the most charismatic people - Nodame's character is no exception to this, either. It's okay if you don't like her, but at least appreciate her purpose in the story.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '08, 05:20

requiem wrote:Then you don't like meat pies then - you like pie crust. :P
LOL.
Even so, there's a reason why Nodame is annoying - she's brilliant.
Gustav Mahler was an depressed composer and angry conductor - he threw people out of orchestra depending on his mood.
Tchaikovsky was a crybaby homosexual (nothing against homosexuals here); but he cried and moaned an awful lot because he couldn't love someone openly, and eventually - as suspicion - killed himself. Franz Schubert was a crybaby, too.

Last of all, have you ever seen the movie Amadeus? Without question you could understand how easy it is to hate Mozart.

My point is, musicians are not necessarily the most charismatic people - Nodame's character is no exception to this, either.
Interesting observations... I guess to be brilliant or a genius, you basically have to be a savant or close to it. :)

User avatar
requiem
Posts: 40
Joined: Mar 26th, '06, 21:49
Location: USA

Post by requiem » May 14th, '08, 06:11

bmwracer wrote:Interesting observations... I guess to be brilliant or a genius, you basically have to be a savant or close to it. :)
My thoughts exactly. In fact, Chiaki is no less screwed up than Nodame if you think about it - as he walks into the conservatory at the beginning of episode 1 all you hear from him is "hetakuso...hetakuso..."; add to that a hysterical fear of flying and an abnormal amount of rage, and you've got the equation for a full-blown musical prodigy.

Let's not forget the hilarity of him throwing people around in S-Oke...kinda like Mahler after all.

Honestly though, I identify closest with Chiaki in the whole series - I often feel the same way about music standards that he does. For example, contrary to SSpiegel's opinion, I didn't care much at all for Mine. He kind of goes along with the whole "Paul Potts" controversy in the music community today - not really a virtuoso, but because "of his dedication he somehow can excuse the failings" in his musical ability, and furthermore in life.

Simply put (and I am harsh about this), if you suck at your performance, there's a reason why. When you find that reason, you won't need to make excuses for not doing it perfectly (as in contrast to 3/4 of the series there is empathy for Mine's downfallings), and with your own talent and hard work will succeed without shortcomings.

...the hard part is finding that reason... :unsure:
Oh...and rock is NOT better than classical music. :P

User avatar
Jaja
Posts: 230
Joined: Oct 30th, '04, 06:41
Location: Philippines

Post by Jaja » May 14th, '08, 07:45

Yes very interesting indeed, Requiem, you seem to know alot about the classical composers, are you align with music - education, career?

Just finished reading chapter 117 of the manga, I wish there is another SP for this drama.

aghrakashi
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 22nd, '08, 08:43
Location: Los Angeles

Nodame Cantabile SP

Post by aghrakashi » May 14th, '08, 08:39

bmwracer wrote:
requiem wrote:Then you don't like meat pies then - you like pie crust. :P
LOL.
Even so, there's a reason why Nodame is annoying - she's brilliant.
Gustav Mahler was an depressed composer and angry conductor - he threw people out of orchestra depending on his mood.
Tchaikovsky was a crybaby homosexual (nothing against homosexuals here); but he cried and moaned an awful lot because he couldn't love someone openly, and eventually - as suspicion - killed himself. Franz Schubert was a crybaby, too.

Last of all, have you ever seen the movie Amadeus? Without question you could understand how easy it is to hate Mozart.

My point is, musicians are not necessarily the most charismatic people - Nodame's character is no exception to this, either.
Interesting observations... I guess to be brilliant or a genius, you basically have to be a savant or close to it. :)
WOW such intresting views. I enjoy reading them...but to Requiem I must say that because of this drama and the characters,
I got intrested in classical music...yes I was limiting myself :P

:offtopic: Have you ever tried to order a cheeseburger without the cheese? :clap: Get's the people very confused LOL (yes, I know a hamburger, but I like to keep people thinking)

User avatar
SSpiegel
Posts: 433
Joined: Oct 26th, '07, 22:52
Location: Finland

Post by SSpiegel » May 14th, '08, 09:06

requiem wrote: Even so, there's a reason why Nodame is annoying - she's brilliant.
Gustav Mahler was an depressed composer and angry conductor - he threw people out of orchestra depending on his mood.
Tchaikovsky was a crybaby homosexual (nothing against homosexuals here); but he cried and moaned an awful lot because he couldn't love someone openly, and eventually - as suspicion - killed himself. Franz Schubert was a crybaby, too.

Last of all, have you ever seen the movie Amadeus? Without question you could understand how easy it is to hate Mozart.

My point is, musicians are not necessarily the most charismatic people - Nodame's character is no exception to this, either. It's okay if you don't like her, but at least appreciate her purpose in the story.
It doesn't matter if there's a reason behind her annoying personality. If I didn't particularly like her, then I didn't particularly like her. I know musicians can be challenging, I've dated two guitarists :P and they were a bit of a pain in the ass (strange how I didn't learn from the first one...).
Anyways, I never said anything about whether I appreciate her purpose in the story or not. The show is called Nodame Cantabile and I understand it's mainly about Nodame and Chiaki, but not all of it. There's a lot of other characters and unbelievable music and great humor.

So you didn't particularly care for Mine. That's fine with me. You seem to be very knowledgeable about classical music and composers and all - I'm not. Our perspectives are probably very different and we appreciated the drama - and the characters - for different reasons. I don't see a problem with that.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Re: Nodame Cantabile SP

Post by bmwracer » May 14th, '08, 13:31

aghrakashi wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
requiem wrote:Then you don't like meat pies then - you like pie crust. :P
LOL.
Even so, there's a reason why Nodame is annoying - she's brilliant.
Gustav Mahler was an depressed composer and angry conductor - he threw people out of orchestra depending on his mood.
Tchaikovsky was a crybaby homosexual (nothing against homosexuals here); but he cried and moaned an awful lot because he couldn't love someone openly, and eventually - as suspicion - killed himself. Franz Schubert was a crybaby, too.

Last of all, have you ever seen the movie Amadeus? Without question you could understand how easy it is to hate Mozart.

My point is, musicians are not necessarily the most charismatic people - Nodame's character is no exception to this, either.
Interesting observations... I guess to be brilliant or a genius, you basically have to be a savant or close to it. :)
WOW such intresting views. I enjoy reading them...but to Requiem I must say that because of this drama and the characters,
I got intrested in classical music...yes I was limiting myself :P

:offtopic: Have you ever tried to order a cheeseburger without the cheese? :clap: Get's the people very confused LOL (yes, I know a hamburger, but I like to keep people thinking)
LOL, that sorta sounds like an excerpt from the diner scene in the movie Five Easy Pieces...

User avatar
requiem
Posts: 40
Joined: Mar 26th, '06, 21:49
Location: USA

Post by requiem » May 14th, '08, 15:41

aghrakashi wrote:WOW such intresting views. I enjoy reading them...but to Requiem I must say that because of this drama and the characters,
I got intrested in classical music...yes I was limiting myself:p
I absolve you. :lol j/k

There is no "limiting" in sticking with popular/contemporary styles of music; I still listen to it, too. It's just that classical music is harder to find an appeal for altogether, because it's extraordinarily complicated. It's not about pretty sounds - it's a human expression in itself.

But I am glad you are exploring on your own - I highly recommend searching youtube or iTunes of Debussy (he has a piece in Nodame, the "L'isle joyeuse"), Ravel, and other impressionists...their music has had a great influence on many jazz composers, and thus pop composers of the 20th and 21st centuries as well. :mrgreen:
SSpiegel wrote:
requiem wrote: Even so, there's a reason why Nodame is annoying - she's brilliant.
Gustav Mahler was an depressed composer and angry conductor - he threw people out of orchestra depending on his mood.
Tchaikovsky was a crybaby homosexual (nothing against homosexuals here); but he cried and moaned an awful lot because he couldn't love someone openly, and eventually - as suspicion - killed himself. Franz Schubert was a crybaby, too.

Last of all, have you ever seen the movie Amadeus? Without question you could understand how easy it is to hate Mozart.

My point is, musicians are not necessarily the most charismatic people - Nodame's character is no exception to this, either. It's okay if you don't like her, but at least appreciate her purpose in the story.
It doesn't matter if there's a reason behind her annoying personality. If I didn't particularly like her, then I didn't particularly like her. I know musicians can be challenging, I've dated two guitarists :P and they were a bit of a pain in the ass (strange how I didn't learn from the first one...).
Anyways, I never said anything about whether I appreciate her purpose in the story or not. The show is called Nodame Cantabile and I understand it's mainly about Nodame and Chiaki, but not all of it. There's a lot of other characters and unbelievable music and great humor.

So you didn't particularly care for Mine. That's fine with me. You seem to be very knowledgeable about classical music and composers and all - I'm not. Our perspectives are probably very different and we appreciated the drama - and the characters - for different reasons. I don't see a problem with that.
It always is a good thing to have a different perspective on things. :-)

Nonetheless, I don't want to sound like I absolutely hate Mine. He represents, in fact, a rather large portion of us music majors in school, always kinda putzing along in his specialty until he meets some conflict. Towards the end of the series he started to act and resolve himself in a manner that I believe is more professional, which is why I give him kudos.

For a change of subject, I LOOOOOVE the camera work in this production - it really captures the intensity you feel working with a group to make beautiful music!

User avatar
minamichan03
Posts: 122
Joined: May 12th, '08, 14:55
Location: Philippines

i really love nodame cantabile especially the SP dramas..!!

Post by minamichan03 » May 17th, '08, 07:39

Image
though i'm not really fond of listening classical musics,i really loved this drama. especially the pathetic love relation of chiaki and nodame.. hehe...
Image

especially in special nodame cantabile wherein chiaki finally realised that he loves nodame...
GYABOOOO!!! soo... loving! :D
and of course,their kissing scene... so intimate....
and there were soo any other hilarious scenes in this drama... hehe.. 8)

Image[/b]
Attachments
europe0276LG.jpg
europe0276LG.jpg (47.05 KiB) Viewed 1065 times

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 17th, '08, 14:40

Uh, isn't that last remark and pic a spoiler???? :scratch:

You should be using the spoiler tags.....

User avatar
requiem
Posts: 40
Joined: Mar 26th, '06, 21:49
Location: USA

Post by requiem » May 17th, '08, 15:13

bmwracer wrote:Uh, isn't that last remark and pic a spoiler???? :scratch:

You should be using the spoiler tags.....
I agree... :glare:
(And possibly not mention disliking classical music...that is illegal in this thread!!)

...kidding...

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 17th, '08, 15:16

requiem wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Uh, isn't that last remark and pic a spoiler???? :scratch:

You should be using the spoiler tags.....
I agree... :glare:
(And possibly not mention disliking classical music...that is illegal in this thread!!)

...kidding...
Maybe not illegal... But frowned upon. :)

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '08, 01:18

Box set close-ups. :)

Image

Image

horent135
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 17th, '07, 22:32

Post by horent135 » May 18th, '08, 04:50

is it true they are making nodame season 2?? not the European special.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '08, 04:56

horent135 wrote:is it true they are making nodame season 2?? not the European special.
Where did you hear this?

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » May 18th, '08, 05:01

This sounds like one of those rumors that gets passed around when someone doesn't look at the date of a thread/post (probably when there was rumors of it before and it ended up being the 2 night SP).

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '08, 05:40

atskv9 wrote:This sounds like one of those rumors that gets passed around when someone doesn't look at the date of a thread/post (probably when there was rumors of it before and it ended up being the 2 night SP).
Yup... Some people just hear stuff, don't check things out, and just run with it. :sweat:

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » May 18th, '08, 07:03

atskv9 wrote:
SSpiegel wrote:How exactly did you get to that conclusion? Nodame is just one of the characters (and one of the elements) in this drama, a fairly big one, I admit, but I can like this drama without liking her. I don't think it's that hard to understand. Like I said in my first post, "I really, really like this drama."
Sorry, your other posts were leading me to believe otherwise. If the drama mostly revolves around Nodame and Chiaki, logically you would think that you didn't like half of the drama, with the idea that Nodame would get half of the screentime. I realize I'm probably blowing it out of proportion, but finding a certain character annoying for half the total time of a drama I think would cause me to stop watching it. Not only would their airtime be unwatchable but all their interactions with other characters as well. Granted I haven't seen a ton of them and I've been somewhat selective in the ones I've watched, I'll have to actually determine for myself if I'd stop watching one. This may be the case for Last Friends and Michiru, but we'll see. Sooooo yeah, sorry :flamed:
Actually, I found Nodame kind of annoying too ^^; But I didn't really hate the drama. Chiaki was kind of cool ^^; I laughed though whenever Chiaki pushes her away or throws her around. I liked the special more than the drama though because I found it funnier. The drama was a bit slow for me at times but the special was fast paced with a lot of humour. I especially liked how Nodame drove the guy crazy watching the video over and over again on repeat :lol I also found the beginning hilarious when they were subbing because they were in Europe. Reminds us we're also watching foreign film subbed ^^; But then they apologized and dubbed it to Japanese :D Like most people, they are too lazy to read and rather watch dubs.

User avatar
minamichan03
Posts: 122
Joined: May 12th, '08, 14:55
Location: Philippines

very sorry..

Post by minamichan03 » May 18th, '08, 14:00

bmwracer wrote:Uh, isn't that last remark and pic a spoiler???? :scratch:

You should be using the spoiler tags.....
i'm so sorry... i'm just new to this forum things that's why i didn't knew exactly the rules...
very very gomen!!

User avatar
minamichan03
Posts: 122
Joined: May 12th, '08, 14:55
Location: Philippines

psss...

Post by minamichan03 » May 18th, '08, 14:02

requiem wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Uh, isn't that last remark and pic a spoiler???? :scratch:

You should be using the spoiler tags.....
I agree... :glare:
(And possibly not mention disliking classical music...that is illegal in this thread!!)

...kidding...
i didn't said that i dislike classical music.... all i said is that "i'm not really fond of classical music"... :D

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Re: very sorry..

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '08, 15:49

minamichan03 wrote:
bmwracer wrote:Uh, isn't that last remark and pic a spoiler???? :scratch:

You should be using the spoiler tags.....
i'm so sorry... i'm just new to this forum things that's why i didn't knew exactly the rules...
very very gomen!!
No worries... Though you should edit your post and add the spoiler tags... :)

Daish
Posts: 108
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 06:02

Post by Daish » May 18th, '08, 16:12

my friend found this yesterday, not sure if anyone posted this, but I found it hilarious.



And on a different note, I saw some girl with that piano bag the other day. Not sure if its a real one though.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 18th, '08, 16:35

Daish wrote:my friend found this yesterday, not sure if anyone posted this, but I found it hilarious.
LOL. :lol
And on a different note, I saw some girl with that piano bag the other day. Not sure if its a real one though.
It might be... I bought one on eBay for my niece and gave it to her for Christmas last year. :thumright:

User avatar
atskv9
Posts: 730
Joined: Aug 6th, '07, 00:09

Post by atskv9 » May 18th, '08, 19:40

Daish wrote:my friend found this yesterday, not sure if anyone posted this, but I found it hilarious.
Ahhaha, that's great! :lol The video was really well done and the cheesy music helped alot! Haha, I guess that's the music to the Super Sentai show? :whistling:

Daish
Posts: 108
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 06:02

Post by Daish » May 19th, '08, 16:11

yup the music is unedited i think, and from super sentai deka ranger

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 19th, '08, 19:02

SP DVD jacket. :)

Image

Image

User avatar
enella09
Posts: 18
Joined: May 10th, '08, 19:42
Location: Philippines

Post by enella09 » May 19th, '08, 20:57

I have no idea that it's eiji wentz of WaT on the SP

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 20th, '08, 02:38

enella09 wrote:I have no idea that it's eiji wentz of WaT on the SP
Then you need to watch the SP again.... :)

User avatar
minamichan03
Posts: 122
Joined: May 12th, '08, 14:55
Location: Philippines

hehe..

Post by minamichan03 » May 20th, '08, 17:10

Daish wrote:my friend found this yesterday, not sure if anyone posted this, but I found it hilarious.



And on a different note, I saw some girl with that piano bag the other day. Not sure if its a real one though.
ohh yahh.. i already watched this.. hehe.. :lol
kinda funny.. but i guess,it wasn't an official cm or opening...
Image

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 24th, '08, 18:03

Juri-chan turns 22 today (May 25)... :thumleft:

Image

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » May 26th, '08, 17:35

:)

Image

User avatar
minamichan03
Posts: 122
Joined: May 12th, '08, 14:55
Location: Philippines

hehe..

Post by minamichan03 » Jun 8th, '08, 01:26

i only just realize now that the gay drumer there was Koide Keisuke.. :O

User avatar
airskape
Posts: 278
Joined: Jan 7th, '05, 18:21

Post by airskape » Jun 8th, '08, 06:26

well that was random haha

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 749
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 04:54
Location: Malaysia

Re: hehe..

Post by avieamber » Jun 8th, '08, 10:28

minamichan03 wrote:i only just realize now that the gay drumer there was Koide Keisuke.. :O
i had the shock of my life too when i found out. Coz i saw him in this movie called Calling You starring alongside Narumi Riko, where he played this dumb and deaf character. :cry:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Re: hehe..

Post by bmwracer » Jun 8th, '08, 15:56

minamichan03 wrote:i only just realize now that the gay drumer there was Koide Keisuke.. :O
He was also in Heaven Forrest with Nodame cast members Tamaki Hiroshi and Uehara Misa... :)

User avatar
rairai
Posts: 143
Joined: Feb 18th, '08, 04:52

Post by rairai » Jun 10th, '08, 00:57

minamichan03: was shocked too, he really looked diff with his wig and gay attitude in nodame..
(saw him too in oishii proposal)

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jun 15th, '08, 01:55

SP photobook scan. :-)

Image

Valentin
Posts: 21
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 17:07

Post by Valentin » Jun 15th, '08, 02:13

I could've sworn that I'd already asked this question before, but I can't seem to find the post ... So I hope you guys don't mind if I ask it again, even if it's already been asked and answered before. :) Anyway, does anyone know who actually sings the version of "Queen Of The Night" Aria II used in the drama? I mean, I'm 99.99% positive that the actress who played Saiko did not sing it herself, since even with extremely rigorous training, only the most talented operatic singers would be able to sing that piece with such precision, so I'm assuming they used another singer's voice over her actual voice. And I was wondering who that singer was, since I'm very, very, very impressed by her recording. :)

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jun 15th, '08, 02:33

Valentin wrote:I could've sworn that I'd already asked this question before, but I can't seem to find the post ... So I hope you guys don't mind if I ask it again, even if it's already been asked and answered before. :) Anyway, does anyone know who actually sings the version of "Queen Of The Night" Aria II used in the drama? I mean, I'm 99.99% positive that the actress who played Saiko did not sing it herself, since even with extremely rigorous training, only the most talented operatic singers would be able to sing that piece with such precision, so I'm assuming they used another singer's voice over her actual voice. And I was wondering who that singer was, since I'm very, very, very impressed by her recording. :)
The track is on disc 1 of the Nodame Mongoose Box, but there's no info on the recording... :sweat:

Valentin
Posts: 21
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 17:07

Post by Valentin » Jun 15th, '08, 04:14

bmwracer wrote:
Valentin wrote:I could've sworn that I'd already asked this question before, but I can't seem to find the post ... So I hope you guys don't mind if I ask it again, even if it's already been asked and answered before. :) Anyway, does anyone know who actually sings the version of "Queen Of The Night" Aria II used in the drama? I mean, I'm 99.99% positive that the actress who played Saiko did not sing it herself, since even with extremely rigorous training, only the most talented operatic singers would be able to sing that piece with such precision, so I'm assuming they used another singer's voice over her actual voice. And I was wondering who that singer was, since I'm very, very, very impressed by her recording. :)
The track is on disc 1 of the Nodame Mongoose Box, but there's no info on the recording... :sweat:
Ah, that's too bad. The recording is a fabulous one. If it's a modern singer, I personally have yet to hear one who is able to sing the aria that fluidly yet distinctly. But thanks for the quick reply! :)

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jun 15th, '08, 04:26

Valentin wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Valentin wrote:I could've sworn that I'd already asked this question before, but I can't seem to find the post ... So I hope you guys don't mind if I ask it again, even if it's already been asked and answered before. :) Anyway, does anyone know who actually sings the version of "Queen Of The Night" Aria II used in the drama? I mean, I'm 99.99% positive that the actress who played Saiko did not sing it herself, since even with extremely rigorous training, only the most talented operatic singers would be able to sing that piece with such precision, so I'm assuming they used another singer's voice over her actual voice. And I was wondering who that singer was, since I'm very, very, very impressed by her recording. :)
The track is on disc 1 of the Nodame Mongoose Box, but there's no info on the recording... :sweat:
Ah, that's too bad. The recording is a fabulous one. If it's a modern singer, I personally have yet to hear one who is able to sing the aria that fluidly yet distinctly. But thanks for the quick reply! :)
I'll inquire over at J-Dorama... Maybe someone over there knows. :)

Valentin
Posts: 21
Joined: Apr 1st, '07, 17:07

Post by Valentin » Jun 15th, '08, 04:58

bmwracer wrote:
Valentin wrote:
bmwracer wrote: The track is on disc 1 of the Nodame Mongoose Box, but there's no info on the recording... :sweat:
Ah, that's too bad. The recording is a fabulous one. If it's a modern singer, I personally have yet to hear one who is able to sing the aria that fluidly yet distinctly. But thanks for the quick reply! :)
I'll inquire over at J-Dorama... Maybe someone over there knows. :)
Ah, would you please? I absolutely must know who sings this ... It's a shame that someone didn't think to put the actual singer on there. Thanks so much for all your help!

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jun 16th, '08, 02:49

Valentin wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Valentin wrote:
Ah, that's too bad. The recording is a fabulous one. If it's a modern singer, I personally have yet to hear one who is able to sing the aria that fluidly yet distinctly. But thanks for the quick reply! :)
I'll inquire over at J-Dorama... Maybe someone over there knows. :)
Ah, would you please? I absolutely must know who sings this ... It's a shame that someone didn't think to put the actual singer on there. Thanks so much for all your help!
Here's your answer: Vocal: Watanabe Etsuko, Piano: Yamanaka Setsuko

And the info was actually on the Mongoose Box, put he didn't post it before. :)

I knew one of the guys over at J-D would know... He's the absolute OST king, bar none. :thumright:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jun 19th, '08, 13:38

More scans: :)

Image

Image Image

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 1st, '08, 03:25

Image Image

lichter002
Posts: 39
Joined: Apr 22nd, '07, 10:44

Post by lichter002 » Jul 1st, '08, 18:04

That mongoose is crazy cute

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 1st, '08, 18:59

lichter002 wrote:That mongoose is crazy cute
That's because of the person inside it. :mrgreen:

Image

User avatar
hanapyupyu
Posts: 130
Joined: Feb 14th, '07, 09:21

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 2nd, '08, 08:02

bmwracer wrote:
lichter002 wrote:That mongoose is crazy cute
That's because of the person inside it. :mrgreen:

Image
Word. :lol

Something I read off an Arashi fansite blog (hehe, the places I go to sniff for Juri news :mrgreen: ) about Masumi-chan's impressions of Tamaki-san and Juri-chan. Cute!

-------------------

The other topic I want to introduce to you, is the interview of Koide Keisuke in POPORO Jan 2007 issue. Koide is the afro guy in Nodame (he is studying in Keio now, and is dating Saeko the small contrabass gal, who is herself a Waseda student now). Koide has acted together with Eita and Tamaki before, so he knows them well.

In this mag, he talked on 7 wierd points of Nodame drama, and I want to write about what he says about Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri.

On Tamaki: Koide says that he feels there is some difference in the Chiaki of manga and Chiaki in this drama. Comparing both, he prefers Tamaki's Chiaki because he feels that Chiaki in the drama is much more magnanimous and passionate (not petty). And in actual fact Koide said that Tamaki's chest is broad too like a nice pillow (Waaaaaah faintz). In private, Tamaki is a person who loves meat and doesn't really eat vege (oh dear). He has never been seen drinking health drinks like vege drinks etc. Koide always hear Tamaki asking him for lunch/dinner but eat meat only. BUT, Koide says Tamaki is very kind/gentle. In private, Tamaki is always sensitive to others feelings/needs. Although Tamaki is the busiest and one with the least sleep on-set, he is always the one telling other casts/staff : you are tired already ne, are you ok? etc. Tamaki is also the one who leads them and kept saying encouraging words like GANBARIMASYOU!.

Koide lastly said: Fall In Love desu.

On Nodame's Juri, Koide said (he is not the only one who says this, Tamaki and Eita also said before) that she is really very similar to Nodame!! They both rely a lot on their feelings to do things, very my-pace. On the other hand, Juri is also VERY serious on acting. Sometimes, when Tamaki/Eita/Koide/Juri these 4 are together, Juri will suddenly start singing and then all 4 of them will end up singing together.

In other words, we can feel that the set of drama Nodame is one of friendship and fun!!

Another cute thing Koide mentioned was that a lot of times during filming, Eita and he will imitate Chiaki senpai in the drama eg. hitting Nodame with fry pan etc. Sounds fun desho??!!

source: http://arashiland.blog84.fc2.com/blog-date-200611.html

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 2nd, '08, 13:47

hanapyupyu wrote:Something I read off an Arashi fansite blog (hehe, the places I go to sniff for Juri news :mrgreen: )
That's a weird place to find Juri-chan news... :scratch:
Juri is also VERY serious on acting.
No surprise there: You can tell by the effort that Juri-chan puts in all of her roles... :thumleft:
Sometimes, when Tamaki/Eita/Koide/Juri these 4 are together, Juri will suddenly start singing and then all 4 of them will end up singing together.

In other words, we can feel that the set of drama Nodame is one of friendship and fun!!
From all the great performances in the drama, it's obvious that everyone is enjoying themselves and having lots of fun... A winning combination. :thumright:

User avatar
hanapyupyu
Posts: 130
Joined: Feb 14th, '07, 09:21

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 2nd, '08, 17:50

bmwracer wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:Something I read off an Arashi fansite blog (hehe, the places I go to sniff for Juri news :mrgreen: )
That's a weird place to find Juri-chan news... :scratch:
haha....I'm not an Arashi fan. Found that blog entry using google search with some word combination of Juri + Nodame Cantabile. :P
Juri is also VERY serious on acting.
No surprise there: You can tell by the effort that Juri-chan puts in all of her roles... :thumleft:
Honestly, that sentence was the best part of the whole entry to me. So proud of Juri-chan's dedication to her craft. She's awesome! :thumleft:
Sometimes, when Tamaki/Eita/Koide/Juri these 4 are together, Juri will suddenly start singing and then all 4 of them will end up singing together.

In other words, we can feel that the set of drama Nodame is one of friendship and fun!!
From all the great performances in the drama, it's obvious that everyone is enjoying themselves and having lots of fun... A winning combination. :thumright:
Definitely a winning combination! :D :cheers: This amazing live-action series just screams for a sequel or another SP. What's even more cool is that Nodame Cantabile managed to achieve such consistently good ratings in this day and age of idol-crazy Japan, when there isn't a single JE boy starring in the drama. Not a single one, wow! :lol

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 2nd, '08, 17:56

hanapyupyu wrote:What's even more cool is that Nodame Cantabile managed to achieve such consistently good ratings in this day and age of idol-crazy Japan, when there isn't a single JE boy starring in the drama. Not a single one, wow! :lol
All the better. :thumleft:

Zero JE boys = Good drama. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Salz
Posts: 490
Joined: Apr 26th, '05, 07:00

Post by Salz » Jul 2nd, '08, 18:13

Something I read off an Arashi fansite blog (hehe, the places I go to sniff for Juri news :mrgreen: ) about Masumi-chan's impressions of Tamaki-san and Juri-chan. Cute!

-------------------

The other topic I want to introduce to you, is the interview of Koide Keisuke in POPORO Jan 2007 issue. Koide is the afro guy in Nodame (he is studying in Keio now, and is dating Saeko the small contrabass gal, who is herself a Waseda student now). Koide has acted together with Eita and Tamaki before, so he knows them well.

In this mag, he talked on 7 wierd points of Nodame drama, and I want to write about what he says about Tamaki Hiroshi and Ueno Juri.

On Tamaki: Koide says that he feels there is some difference in the Chiaki of manga and Chiaki in this drama. Comparing both, he prefers Tamaki's Chiaki because he feels that Chiaki in the drama is much more magnanimous and passionate (not petty). And in actual fact Koide said that Tamaki's chest is broad too like a nice pillow (Waaaaaah faintz). In private, Tamaki is a person who loves meat and doesn't really eat vege (oh dear). He has never been seen drinking health drinks like vege drinks etc. Koide always hear Tamaki asking him for lunch/dinner but eat meat only. BUT, Koide says Tamaki is very kind/gentle. In private, Tamaki is always sensitive to others feelings/needs. Although Tamaki is the busiest and one with the least sleep on-set, he is always the one telling other casts/staff : you are tired already ne, are you ok? etc. Tamaki is also the one who leads them and kept saying encouraging words like GANBARIMASYOU!.

Koide lastly said: Fall In Love desu.

On Nodame's Juri, Koide said (he is not the only one who says this, Tamaki and Eita also said before) that she is really very similar to Nodame!! They both rely a lot on their feelings to do things, very my-pace. On the other hand, Juri is also VERY serious on acting. Sometimes, when Tamaki/Eita/Koide/Juri these 4 are together, Juri will suddenly start singing and then all 4 of them will end up singing together.

In other words, we can feel that the set of drama Nodame is one of friendship and fun!!

Another cute thing Koide mentioned was that a lot of times during filming, Eita and he will imitate Chiaki senpai in the drama eg. hitting Nodame with fry pan etc. Sounds fun desho??!!

source: http://arashiland.blog84.fc2.com/blog-date-200611.html
thanks for sharing Koide interview :D
seriously i really luv all 4 Eita, Koide, Juri and Tamaki....
all great actor :salut:

as i know actually Koide and Saeko already broke up a while ago and she already married with some football player if im not wrong and already have child together lol :cry:
i really like KoideSaeko together :-(

i hope there will be more drama free from JE boys...
as much as i luv some of Je boys but drama without them is much more better quality such as Nodame, Rookies, Unfair, Orange Days etc :wub:[/quote]

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 3rd, '08, 03:06

Image Image

User avatar
hanapyupyu
Posts: 130
Joined: Feb 14th, '07, 09:21

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 3rd, '08, 17:40

Salz wrote: thanks for sharing Koide interview :D
seriously i really luv all 4 Eita, Koide, Juri and Tamaki....
all great actor :salut:
Me too....i really enjoy their scenes together....hilarious! Especially the kotatsu episode when they were all so rowdy lazing around Chiaki's place. :lol You can see that they're really comfortable with each other. :mrgreen:
as i know actually Koide and Saeko already broke up a while ago and she already married with some football player if im not wrong and already have child together lol :cry:
i really like KoideSaeko together :-(
Yeah, I heard about Saeko getting pregnant. Is that why she wasn't in the SP? She and Koide made a cute couple ne? Ah well...maybe we'll soon have another real life couple coming out from this show? Mine/Nodame or Chiaki/Nodame? *wink* *wink* :lol
i hope there will be more drama free from JE boys...
as much as i luv some of Je boys but drama without them is much more better quality such as Nodame, Rookies, Unfair, Orange Days etc :wub:
True, true. Without JE boys, they have to find real actors who fit the part....and the drama is the focus, not a promotional tool to market the JE boy.

User avatar
Salz
Posts: 490
Joined: Apr 26th, '05, 07:00

Post by Salz » Jul 3rd, '08, 17:52

i prefer Mine/Nodame in real life^^

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 3rd, '08, 18:58

Salz wrote:i prefer Mine/Nodame in real life^^
I prefer bmwracer/Juri-chan in real life. :mrgreen: :wub:


Image Image

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 4th, '08, 14:52

Image Image

User avatar
hanapyupyu
Posts: 130
Joined: Feb 14th, '07, 09:21

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 4th, '08, 16:43

^ S-orchestra!! :wub:
bmwracer wrote:
Salz wrote:i prefer Mine/Nodame in real life^^
I prefer bmwracer/Juri-chan in real life. :mrgreen: :wub:
I'm sure you do. :lol There's only a teensy problem of getting to actually er...meet her, since you, uhm...live on a completely different continent from Juri-chan...LOL

Nodame looks radiant in her red overcoat and knitted scarf! :thumleft:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 4th, '08, 16:52

hanapyupyu wrote:^ S-orchestra!! :wub:
bmwracer wrote:
Salz wrote:i prefer Mine/Nodame in real life^^
I prefer bmwracer/Juri-chan in real life. :mrgreen: :wub:
I'm sure you do. :lol There's only a teensy problem of getting to actually er...meet her, since you, uhm...live on a completely different continent from Juri-chan...LOL
Yeah, it's a bit of a problem... :sweat:
Nodame looks radiant in her red overcoat and knitted scarf! :thumleft:
Doesn't she, though??? :wub:

I can't think of a J-drama character in recent memory that I've adored so much... Just puts a smile on my face... :)

lichter002
Posts: 39
Joined: Apr 22nd, '07, 10:44

Post by lichter002 » Jul 5th, '08, 02:47

Since I live closer, and visit Japan once in a while, I'm sure I've got a better chance than bmwracer. :lol

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 5th, '08, 03:08

lichter002 wrote:Since I live closer, and visit Japan once in a while, I'm sure I've got a better chance than bmwracer. :lol
One in a million vs. one in a million and one is hardly a better chance... :P :lol

lichter002
Posts: 39
Joined: Apr 22nd, '07, 10:44

Post by lichter002 » Jul 5th, '08, 08:22

I'm sure the both of us will agree that any step closer to Juri-chan is a step worth taking. :lol

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 5th, '08, 15:06

lichter002 wrote:I'm sure the both of us will agree that any step closer to Juri-chan is a step worth taking. :lol
That is true. :thumleft:

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2108
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Post by bmwracer » Jul 7th, '08, 03:48

The dynamic duo. :thumleft:

Image Image

Image Image

User avatar
Kathstandsalone
Posts: 90
Joined: May 26th, '07, 05:57

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jul 7th, '08, 08:03

It's been a while since I like a drama so much!!! There's a great cast, classical music, and funny moments.

My mind is still stuck with the "Fart Exercise" song.

The exaggerated facial expressions - teh winz. I've still 2 more episodes to go and the special. :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests