[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
sytyue

Post by sytyue » Jun 22nd, '08, 15:37

Anyone know where I can find a picture of Ruka in her suit?!? lol

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 22nd, '08, 16:35

I can understand why some of you may be disgruntled with the ending now....The final episode left some loose ends but also tied up some smaller details which was quite nice of them to remember.

The scene between Eri and Ruka was note worthy esp. since it could be quickly written off. The same goes for the brief moment between Michiru and her mother. That could have been easily taken care of as well, but I think it was something that many of us wished Michiru would say to her mother from the getgo. So bravo to those nicely put scenes!

Did anyone else feel that Takeru was the weird, awkward, third wheel in the scene that Ruka was practically professing her undying devotion to Michiru and the unborn baby? -___- awkward

minigoo

Post by minigoo » Jun 22nd, '08, 17:37

does anyone know if the manga of last friends based on Ruka Point of view acn be bought online? i really wanna read it. ><

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 22nd, '08, 17:43

hanapyupyu wrote:Rumi's name is too cute. aww....the combination of Ruka and Michiru (glad there's no sou_su_ke in her name, hahaha!)
Lol. Yeah. Plus Somi or Miso wouldn't exactly be a nice name... Haha. I'm glad she used Aida not Oikawa Rumi. It would spoil the whole thing. I wonder if the writer thought about it while choosing the names for Ruka and Michiru. I know she wanted to have 'ru' in their names to sorta connect the 3 of them together. Though Takeru should be an after thought since they kinda casted Juri and Masami's characters even before the character Takeru came into picture(if I interpret correctly). I think that's why the last few scene was kinda awkward(3rd wheel feeling?)...they probably added Takeru at the last minute...might be because his chemistry with Ruka was unexpectedly great and people seem to really like him.

@back4lley: We can only hope. =3 What I know is the SP will consist of never seen before scenes and after that, a short episode on how things are for the share house members after ep11.

@avieamber
You know, that Eri and Ruka scene kinda made me think...an Eri/Ruka pairing wouldn't be so bad afterall...lol. Since Michiru left and Ogurin seems to be leaving...And Eri definitely can appreciate Ruka better than Michiru...kekeke *runs away*

Rewatching Ruka and the baby scene certainly help heal the wounds caused by the angsty moments throughout the episode. =)
sytyue wrote:Anyone know where I can find a picture of Ruka in her suit?!? lol
Er, I only have some nice caps and a link for another recent suit wearing shots:
http://fashion.yahoo.co.jp/magazine/sho ... ho003.html
Following my earlier line of thought about Eri/Ruka...anyone wants to caption these? >=3

Ruka: "Grr, stop interfering with my romantic moments already...3rd wheel #2 should just stick in the corner with 3rd wheel #1"
(heheh, j/k...)

ashton

Post by ashton » Jun 22nd, '08, 22:28

^Yuuki wrote:
Following my earlier line of thought about Eri/Ruka...anyone wants to caption these? >=3

Ruka: "Grr, stop interfering with my romantic moments already...3rd wheel #2 should just stick in the corner with 3rd wheel #1"
(heheh, j/k...)
Oh man, those are too easy. And what just went through my head was probably too dirty to type here. Haha.

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 22nd, '08, 22:56

^Yuuki wrote:

(heheh, j/k...)
hehe i like the whole 3rd wheel number 1 and 2. it's just sooo true. man why can't ruka have some alone time when she's having some good heart to heart talk.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 23rd, '08, 00:13

Hey guys! Just found out that the final episode of LF actually peaked at 25.9% in the final scene!!

Read more below:

"Last Friends" ends at 22.8%, gets special episode
Sun, June 22, 2008 (12:57pm EDT)
Fuji TV's drama series "Last Friends" aired its final episode on Thursday night. The show had been gaining in popularity throughout its run, and the ratings for the finale rose to 22.8%, its best for the season. The peak came in the final scene, with ratings reaching as high as 25.9%.

The show outperformed the week's episodes of "Gokusen 3" and "CHANGE," which had been the highest-rated dramas of the season. Both have been falling in the ratings in recent weeks.

Because of the show's success, it was also announced that a special episode will air this coming Thursday (June 26), titled "Mou Hitotsu no Last Friends."

Btw, I have actually purchased the manga mag Malika which has the 2nd part of the manga - I"ll try and scan and upload this week. It's not very exciting though as it already starts the story in Episode 1 so basically nothing new...don't have high hopes!

Anyway, can't wait for THursday! Like many of you here, I seriously want a ONE on ONE private moment between Ruka and Michiru!!! PLEASE!!! :wub:

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 23rd, '08, 00:33

sleepyzzz wrote:
Anyway, can't wait for THursday! Like many of you here, I seriously want a ONE on ONE private moment between Ruka and Michiru!!! PLEASE!!! :wub:
yeah i know right! things have been pretty much resolved for almost everyone regardless of how shortchanged it really is(takeru's personal flimsy 3 minute closure for example). But I'm still waiting for the girls to really talk it out ALONE.

No closure would kill me. :whistling:

back4lley

Post by back4lley » Jun 23rd, '08, 01:40

@^yuuki
I hope the SP will settle everything :D. Well okay these 3 relationships are pretty confusing.. but im pretty sure if Ruka were a boy in the first place Michiru would accept Ruka...(I wonder). As for Takeru i think he's the most mature between those 3 LOL. Ah.. dang im so anxious .... Oh btw.. where did u get all the sigs?
@sleepyzzz
]Anyway, can't wait for THursday! Like many of you here, I seriously want a ONE on ONE private moment between Ruka and Michiru!!! PLEASE!!! Wub
Yes.. i totally agree with that....

Post by 206 » Jun 23rd, '08, 03:58

This is one of the most tense dramas. Even to the last EP it made you wonder about the worst. I'm waiting for the special now. Glad I came across the fansubs cause I was falling behind. This makes my top 10! If you haven't started......start.

counterfeitdreamer

Post by counterfeitdreamer » Jun 23rd, '08, 05:30

Best Jdrama for me.
Eita looks pretty hot in his tux at Eri and Ogurin's wedding! I really thought that Ogurin was going to stick with his wife xD. I wonder what the special will be like? o.o
Takeru, Michiru, And Ruka till the end. I love the ending.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 23rd, '08, 06:05

^Yuuki wrote:Now I know why they had the previous episode be the final chapter and episode 11 as the epilogue/last story. The feeling was totally different wasn't it? I'll just talk about the important part first...
Asano Taeko interview wrote: ---Currently, the conclusion that the whole of Japan is anticipating for, even a little, can you share some with us? (laugh)

Among the first mysteries presented by this drama was "Michiru's baby's father" and "Who's going to die" right? Well, I can give a little hint. Compared to what everyone imagine will happen, it should be quite a happy ending I guess...

---You mean something like Ruka and Michiru end up raising the child together? (laugh)

Nee~. I wonder what will happen~ (laugh)
Amen~ We even get Takeru as a free gift. For Last Friends standard, if that ending isn't a happy ending, I don't know what happy is. I really wouldn't have imagined the three(okay, four) of them really would end up together like what a lot of us hoped earlier. You know, the Sailormoon kinda family with two mama and a papa. In this case, there are 2 papas, lol. I love what Michiru said about them being family, friends, spouse and lover all at the same time. With all the hardship they've put the characters(and us) through, I think they earned it so I'm contented with how it ended. They are bounded by cute little RuMi(the perfect name for the baby and also this threesome). Like Michiru said, "Ru comes from Ruka's 'ru', Mi comes from Michiru's 'mi'. Takeru's 'ru' is in it too." Nice~ But...they'll really need to work out the 'details' of this ambiguous relationship sooner or later eh? It's pretty much established from the great TakeRuka beach scene that their relationship would be something like an old married couple. Not seeing each other as a man or woman anymore, just friends that would be by each other's side forever. So, I think Takeru would make a great gentle dad and keep Rumi busy while Michiru mama and Ruka papa have their alone time to work things out and etcetra...(can we have it in the SP or movie please? lol).
I'll probably comment more about the other parts of the episode later. For now, about the SP, from the Mezamashi news and pics in Juri's site and the fact they only ended the shooting a few days ago means that the SP would have fresh scenes and not just recycled flashbacks or horror of horrors, a documentary. But I kinda doubt they have time to really get a 1.5 hour show out within such a short time...The title, [もうひとつのラストフレンズ], is also what the manga version is called so would it be from Ruka's point of view like the manga? Or just a 'memories' kinda thing like how the Last Friends: Another site seem to be? I'm just happy that we get an SP episode. It's hard to let go after these roller coster 3 months~ >_<

But I'm glad that the ratings are that high~! In fact, it's higher than the finale of Nodame! Kinda hard to believe it started off with 13.9% eh? It's probably the only drama this season with and huge increasing trend. About the movie news, I certainly hope it has the same casts and is something like a continuation. Else, it'll not only suck, but how are they gonna portray everything in a 2 hour movie? Oh and it better have the same staff and writer too. No use having good actors if the script can't touch our hearts like how it has. I think the awesome character interactions certainly more than make up for the seemingly fragmented plotlines and a couple of cheap thriller moments in the last episode.

hanapyupyu: Nice song~ I think the writer has a song in mind particularly for Ruka(from part 8 of the interview at TokyoWrestling). True Colours~

And I'll see your true colors shining through
I see your true colors and that's why I love you
so don't be afraid to let them show  your true colors
true colors are beautiful like a rainbow~

[19/6,7.30am] Mezamashi LF finale+wrap up news+interview:
Download here(100MB)(click on the 2nd red link in the middle green bar)
^Yuuki or anyone, can u also upload in MU the Mezamashi LF file???
i keep trying to download from the site but cannot :cry:
hope someone can help me

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 23rd, '08, 06:25

Would it too much hoping for another kiss either from Ruka to Michiru or Michiru to Ruka in SP :mrgreen:
p/s sorry TakeRuka fans...guess I'm always MichiRuka fan :wub:

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 23rd, '08, 06:35

well im only watching this bcoz of TakeRuka....
MichiRuka relation is getting too awkward half of this drama...
beside Ruka not really going to find Michiru if Takeru dun persuade her....
she already give up on Michiru if not of Takeru lol.....
well i just dun like Michiru lol.....
but i do luv seeing those three together....

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 23rd, '08, 06:43

so after like 4 days i finally finished this mv (well more like 2 hours a night). it's my first time making a mv and my first time using any video editing software so i was pretty much learning as i went along. hope you guys like it and please give me any pointers.

Mv at Veoh

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 23rd, '08, 07:47

@rulan,
ahhh i cant use veoh anymore so i couldnt c ur mv:(

back4lley

Post by back4lley » Jun 23rd, '08, 08:28

Salz wrote:@rulan,
yeah,,, me too... :-(

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 23rd, '08, 08:43

Salz wrote:@rulan,
aww that sucks. so what can you use? i tried uploading on crunchyroll but for some reason there was no audio. maybe i'll try youtube and imeem.

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 23rd, '08, 08:56

@rulan - it's a lovely tribute to Ruka and Michiru. Thanks :D
p/s why can't anyone else view VEOH? I have no problem with it.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 23rd, '08, 09:21

Because a while ago Veoh blocked a lot of countries from using the site.

Er, the reason?

See here: http://forums.veoh.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3807 Think it's because there's not enough users in a certain country, so they blocked it.

Edit, or actually, just read this forum: http://forums.veoh.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 23rd, '08, 09:31

@rulan...
youtube is ok for me^^

idyanie

Post by idyanie » Jun 23rd, '08, 09:42

"In other word, this is the useless countries that have not right to surf and using their services. Low class countries and full with poor people."

they don't have to emphasize on these reasons for whatever the causes are for the shutdown of veoh in many of the countries.

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 23rd, '08, 09:48

@rori....thanks for the info. I honestly don't see why Veoh need to block these countries based on low viewer ship. I guess it's about not making enough money instead of so-called free service for everyone around the world. That's sad...even though I rarely used veoh..cos i prefer youtube myself all the while.

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 23rd, '08, 10:39

oh my... i went thru the veoh blocked countries list. i didn't expect them to do that by just basing on low viewership... how about those who actually watch certain dramas and videos thru VEOH? Isn't that the reason why we're asked to create user accounts beforehand?

I know this is a bit off topic...but it does concern a lot of people including those who watch LF through streaming sites like Veoh because their hard disks cannot afford space for gargantuan downloads.

I actually watched my first episode of LF through veoh.

im just happy that they didn't block Canada and the Philippines (my mom's there...she's a huge JDrama fan too)

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 23rd, '08, 11:48

Some additional thoughts about the characters, after watching it with subs....

I've got to say, while on the whole I found this a memorable drama (we got some complicated, interesting characters and issues, if not good writing, or a good resolution...) the ending does feel a bit flat and awkward. There was so much potential (like you had all the raw materials to start a freaking awesome bonfire :P ) but somehow instead of getting a huge fire going (climax) at the end they writers just managed to pull together a mediocre resolution and the bonfire never eventualized. Instead what we got were some sparks here and there, from the nice character interactions and individual moments of acting brilliance (mostly from Juri and Eita). Sad, really.

The drama deals with the very concrete fears of life, adulthood, responsibilty and autonomy that everyone goes through. Each human being has a story, and the traumas and betrayals are real. Each individual responds to these realities in his or her own unique way. We are not simple formulas of cause and effect (*coughs*glares pointedly at Sousuke apologizers *coughs* :glare: ). The quality of our lives ultimately depends upon the courage we extend to deal with hurt and risks we are faced with.

Ruka being a person focused on her dreams, is masculine in the way that she doesn't seek a relationship to define herself. She dares to dream, dares to follow that dream, suffers through the pain, sacrifice and friction from the outside world - showing a courage and tenacity to grow. Her struggle with GID was realistically covered and I have no complaints about Ruka's character arc. Juri really did make Ruka come alive and at some points she made us viewers feel like we're going through the turbulent emotions with her. Takeru observed Ruka's struggle and was drawn to her too. This is the best aspect of Last Friends showing how two wounded people found solace in each other's company.

Michiru is a very real character in terms of her weaknesses. Being a very needy and insecure person, she was attracted to Sousuke who was just as needy as her. There are so many Michirus in this world - using the "female escape route" - ie the socially acceptable means of avoiding becoming an individual through attachment. Michiru is like many young girls growing up in broken homes, carrying past hurts and low self-esteem, who attach themselves to the first guy who shows an interest in them - to feel valued, protected, and cared for, so that they can escape their current life and hope for 'something good to happen' with this guy, whom they put all their hopes and dreams on.

Problem is, she has clearly not spent enough time dating the guy to really get to know him properly. Sousuke knew how to romance Michiru and made her feel like a princess, but that's not a real relationship but a fantasy. Girls like Michiru are afraid to find their identify through pain and their own effort, so they use the shortcut to gain self-identity and self-worth through their relationship with the guy, moving in with their boyfriends too soon, and regretting it later when the guy turns out to be a jerk. (excuse me for the pseudo psycho-analysis crap, I just finished reading an old book my aunt dumped on my lap titled "10 stupid things women do to mess up their lives"... quite funny coz throughout the book I felt like I was reading all about Michiru. lol. The chapters have titles beginning with "stupid_", eg. stupid attachement; stupid devotion; stupid cohabitation; stupid subjugation; stupid helplessness; stupid forgiving..etc. etc. and I'm going "bingo! that's Michiru...Michiru again...yep, Michiru to a T" :roll ) Michiru learnt through the hard way that the only way for her to get out of her unhappiness was to leave this abusive relationship which was further diminishing her self-esteem and making her lose her personal identity even more.

But her explanation to Ruka for staying away after she found herself pregnant disturbed me greatly
She punishes herself for what happened to Sousuke? And thinks that by raising this baby alone, Sousuke has forgiven her? :crazy: Huh? WTF?? Sousuke was a sociopath who raped her, and no one would blame Michiru if she thought of aborting the baby. To keep the baby out of respect for life and to give herself strength and a sense of purpose is understandable, but to keep the baby as an act of atonement to Sousuke is just twisted, disturbing reasoning. :blink What about all that Ruka has done for Michiru to protect her? Doesn't Michiru value Ruka, even if she can't reciprocate her feelings? She just runs away from those who truly care about her, never intending to mend their precious friendship and just let it die?
Michiru's thought process is still so Sousuke-centered and weak. Ugh. I take back what I said earlier about all the characters attaining maturity and character growth in the end. Michiru never gets it, she's the weakest and most annoying character I've ever come across in jdrama. The song 'wind beneath my wings'about two friends who treasure and mutually support each other doesn't quite describe Ruka and Michiru's relationship, with Ruka always being the protector and giver while Michiru just takes and takes obliviously. I really don't know why Ruka loves her this much, because to me Michiru is clearly undeserving of such devotion from Ruka. Without Ruka, Michiru would prolly be beaten to death by Sousuke sooner or later; OTOH without Michiru, I believe Ruka would've still turned out fine, achieving her motorcross dreams and coming out about her GID in her own time.

There, I'm done with my (too long) rant now. lol. :stress:

Moving on, Iet's hope the SP will be worth watching and not just flashback scenes. Why am I nervous?

back4lley

Post by back4lley » Jun 23rd, '08, 13:18

Salz wrote:@rulan...
youtube is ok for me^^
me too.. :D

khaibest

Post by khaibest » Jun 23rd, '08, 13:26

i juz wanna ask..
is kioku having problem?its been nearly 2 weeks already and there's no new releases of the hardsub..

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 23rd, '08, 13:29

@ashton: Heheh...yeah, just look at Ruka biting her lips in the 2nd pic while looking at Eri like she's a piece of steak~(Juri <3 steaks.LOL)

@sleepyzzz: Yay for LF beating Gokusen 3 and CHANGE! Ooh, the manga~ It'll be cool if you could scan it. I'll try and convince 'honey-chan' to translate it. Heheh. So it's from ep1 eh? Yappari...but it should be from Ruka's pov so hopefully there's still some difference. Else it'll be boring...^^;

@back4lley: I think if Ruka were a boy, there wouldn't be any doubt from the start that both of them would end up together. It'll be like Proposal Daisakusen without the DV and GID and 'hallelujah chance'. All the 'fun' and 'excitement' won't be there. Hmm, and Takeru would be a girl and still the 3rd wheel. Haha.

@Salz: I think it's on youtube. Sorry, I can't upload cause my connection sucks...

@rulan: Veoh's blocked here...I can still search and download using the client program though. What's the title?

@hanapyupyu: I seriously think what's lacking the in final episode is a really big speech/wow moment towards the end. Something that can shake us all out of the 'aww, how sweet' phase which started from the instant Ruka appeared in that suit...heh. I think all is in agreement that an important element missing is that heart-to-heart Ruka/Michiru scene! Even though I'm starting to agree with you now about Michiru,(I thought 9 months would be enough for her to see the light...) I just want a proper closure for Ruka's sake. But looks like Ruka is just happy to be able to stay by Michiru's side...*sigh* My silly little Ruka...but it's one of the reasons we love her so much. SP episode...I'm not hoping too much, the bigger the hope, the bigger the dissappoinment right? Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to write something to amuse myself...

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 23rd, '08, 15:26

^Yuuki wrote: @rulan: Veoh's blocked here...I can still search and download using the client program though. What's the title?

@hanapyupyu: I seriously think what's lacking the in final episode is a really big speech/wow moment towards the end. Something that can shake us all out of the 'aww, how sweet' phase which started from the instant Ruka appeared in that suit...heh. I think all is in agreement that an important element missing is that heart-to-heart Ruka/Michiru scene! Even though I'm starting to agree with you now about Michiru,(I thought 9 months would be enough for her to see the light...) I just want a proper closure for Ruka's sake. But looks like Ruka is just happy to be able to stay by Michiru's side...*sigh* My silly little Ruka...but it's one of the reasons we love her so much. SP episode...I'm not hoping too much, the bigger the hope, the bigger the dissappoinment right? Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to write something to amuse myself...
yup. worse comes to worse i'll just read your fanfics or if i already read all of your fanfics i'll just go and make a mv for my amusement.

also no need. i just uploaded it myself to various clients since i have cable connection. two are still in the process of converting or whatever (imeem and megavideo).

ok here's the link for youtube Linky. Hope this works. Enjoy.

Edit: Ahh i almost forgot. don't watch my mv unless you have already watch all of last friends episodes cause there are some spoilers. just an fyi.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 23rd, '08, 15:58

Spyefox: Could it too much hoping for another kiss either from Ruka to Michiru or Michiru to Ruka in SP
That would be JUST PERFECT!!!! HAHAHA :wub:

Honestly, if they don't give us some decent Ruka x Michiru one on one time, I'm going to be really annoyed....pissed....and ANGRY!!!! :cussing:

Just kidding...well kind of...

^Yuuki: I'll try and get the manga scanned tomorrow - work's a biatch atm....

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:07

rulan: I just checked out your vid!! Great one! Looks pretty damn good for a first try! When I first watched it I thought you had stolen the chance for me to rewatch the kiss scene from ep 1!! I was like "NOOOOOO!!" but you didn't! *PHEW* I liked how you tied it back to the closing! Nice one!
:thumleft:

Hmm....what's the chance of them throwing in a kiss scene in the SP??? ooooh!! That would be ideal!! :D *sigh* we can only hope...

rulan

Post by rulan » Jun 23rd, '08, 16:15

sleepyzzz wrote:rulan: I just checked out your vid!! Great one! Looks pretty damn good for a first try! When I first watched it I thought you had stolen the chance for me to rewatch the kiss scene from ep 1!! I was like "NOOOOOO!!" but you didn't! *PHEW* I liked how you tied it back to the closing! Nice one!
:thumleft:

Hmm....what's the chance of them throwing in a kiss scene in the SP??? ooooh!! That would be ideal!! :D *sigh* we can only hope...
hehe thanks and no way i would do that to ruka's fans and that includes myself. i just wanted to keep the anticipation for a bit longer.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 23rd, '08, 17:08

^Yuuki wrote: @hanapyupyu: I seriously think what's lacking the in final episode is a really big speech/wow moment towards the end. Something that can shake us all out of the 'aww, how sweet' phase which started from the instant Ruka appeared in that suit...heh. I think all is in agreement that an important element missing is that heart-to-heart Ruka/Michiru scene! Even though I'm starting to agree with you now about Michiru,(I thought 9 months would be enough for her to see the light...) I just want a proper closure for Ruka's sake. But looks like Ruka is just happy to be able to stay by Michiru's side...*sigh* My silly little Ruka...but it's one of the reasons we love her so much. SP episode...I'm not hoping too much, the bigger the hope, the bigger the dissappoinment right? Worse comes to worse, I'll just have to write something to amuse myself...
Yep, the writer's idea of a 'happy ending' wasn't very satisfactory, and it feels very un-Last Friends like. I'd rather have a more definite final episode, even if it means angst-o-rama all the way to the bitter end. What we got was a fanfic-ish ending, and not a very good fanfic at that. I think you'd be able to write a better fanfic to satisty at least the MichiRuka shippers, if not the TakeRuka ones. :P
Aside from the big and crucial heart-to-heart talk between Michiru and Ruka (without third-wheel Takeru aound), we also need to see Takeru finally confronting his creepy step-sister and telling her to go get lost. She obviously still has a hold on him psychologically and emotionally. Seriously, is Ruka going to have to go kick Takeru's sister's ass for him too? And what about Ruka's surgery? Is she going through with it or not? Has she decided to stay the way she is and never have a fulfilling love life since she's going to be forever watching over Michiru? And Takeru is too damaged to look for a relationship outside the threesome, so he might as well play papa #2 to Rumi and stay asexual. And Michiru? Don't get me started. She's back to square one with her "it's all my fault Sousuke killed himself, but he forgives me by giving me this rape baby" stupid mentality. Yucks. Also, she's clearly got a crush on Takeru, but I reckon she's curbed/given up the thought of being with Takeru since he loves Ruka. So even if all three of them cannot get what they truly want, they're contented to be together in this unrequited love merry go round.
That song True Colours does suit Ruka. It's like Eri singing to Ruka, haha. I'm with ya, Eri and Ruka could've been a great hot lesbian couple. woot! :D If Eri hooked up with Ruka and ditched the useless Ogura, it would've made this drama uber cool and one of my all time favorites. LOL

You know another song that suits Michiru is Bleeding Love... :roll

But I don't care what they say
I'm in love with you
They try to pull me away
But they don't know the truth
My heart's crippled by the vein
That I keep on closing
You cut me open and I

Keep bleeding
Keep, keep bleeding love

@rulan: That's a nice MV, good MichiRuka scenes you picked. :-)

Here's an MV to please the TakeRuka fans (a bit weird to have a korean song for a jdrama MV, but it's kinda aww.... :wub: ):

Last edited by hanapyupyu on Jun 25th, '08, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 23rd, '08, 18:16

thanks for the TakeRuka MV^^
they have such adorable and beautiful friendship<33333333
i hope eitaJuri going to have more drama/movie together and have mutual feeling for each other so no one going to call Eita thirdwheel anymore^^

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 23rd, '08, 19:04

@rulan: Thanks for the link. Will watch it when my connection ain't that sucky. Eheh.
hanapyupyu wrote: Aside from the big and crucial heart-to-heart talk between Michiru and Ruka (without third-wheel Takeru aound), we also need to see Takeru finally confronting his creepy step-sister and telling her to go get lost. She obviously still has a hold on him psychologically and emotionally. Seriously, is Ruka going to have to go kick Takeru's sister's ass for him too? And what about Ruka's surgery? Is she going through with it or not? Has she decided to stay the way she is and never have a fulfilling love life since she's going to be forever watching over Michiru? And Takeru is too damaged to look for a relationship outside the threesome, so he might as well play papa #2 to Rumi and stay asexual. And Michiru? Don't get me started. She's back to square one with her "it's all my fault Sousuke killed himself, but he forgives me by giving me this rape baby" stupid mentality. Yucks. Also, she's clearly got a crush on Takeru, but I reckon she's curbed/given up the thought of being with Takeru since he loves Ruka. So even if all three of them cannot get what they truly want, they're contented to be together in this unrequited love merry go round.
Pretty much agree with everything. There are still a lot of unresolved issues and some hastily resolved ones. But the last part, I actually think Michiru is looking at Ruka with new eyes now(and oh man, is Ruka looking at Takeru with new eyes too??). At the hospital, that look is just totally like how a wife would look at the husband who's holding the baby~ (Gyah~ I'm loving my newly 'stolen' siggies!) I don't think the Takeru/Michiru thing is going anywhere though. Ruka is still the er, main character of this harem so to speak. Lol.
That song True Colours does suit Ruka. It's like Eri singing to Ruka, haha. I'm with ya, Eri and Ruka could've been a great hot lesbian couple. woot! :D If Eri hooked up with Ruka and ditched the useless Ogura, it would've made this drama uber cool and one of my all time favorites. LOL
Yep~ Eri must be thinking, 'if only I knew about Ruka earlier...then we could have make use of all those alone times in the share house before the others came~' LOL. You think Michiru would get jealous and finally realize her true feelings? Heheh. As weak as Michiru is, I think she needs to be that way so Ruka can be the voice of reason for her and everybody watching the show. Who would you listen to? Ruka or Michiru? I think the answer is obvious. ;3 (eheh, I think we're probably annoying or scaring some people away)

Salz: I think they played a couple in Summer Time Machine Blues no? (I'm collecting Juri's vids like storing nuts for the coming winter, haven't seen it yet)

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jun 23rd, '08, 22:09

^Yuuki wrote:
Yep~ Eri must be thinking, 'if only I knew about Ruka earlier...then we could have make use of all those alone times in the share house before the others came~' LOL. You think Michiru would get jealous and finally realize her true feelings? Heheh. As weak as Michiru is, I think she needs to be that way so Ruka can be the voice of reason for her and everybody watching the show. Who would you listen to? Ruka or Michiru? I think the answer is obvious. ;3 (eheh, I think we're probably annoying or scaring some people away)
Oh man, here I was thinking I was the only one thinking Eri and Ruka should get together. LOL' :roll

minigoo

Post by minigoo » Jun 23rd, '08, 23:32

sleepyzzz wrote:Hey guys! Just found out that the final episode of LF actually peaked at 25.9% in the final scene!!

Read more below:

"Last Friends" ends at 22.8%, gets special episode
Sun, June 22, 2008 (12:57pm EDT)
Fuji TV's drama series "Last Friends" aired its final episode on Thursday night. The show had been gaining in popularity throughout its run, and the ratings for the finale rose to 22.8%, its best for the season. The peak came in the final scene, with ratings reaching as high as 25.9%.

The show outperformed the week's episodes of "Gokusen 3" and "CHANGE," which had been the highest-rated dramas of the season. Both have been falling in the ratings in recent weeks.

Because of the show's success, it was also announced that a special episode will air this coming Thursday (June 26), titled "Mou Hitotsu no Last Friends."

Btw, I have actually purchased the manga mag Malika which has the 2nd part of the manga - I"ll try and scan and upload this week. It's not very exciting though as it already starts the story in Episode 1 so basically nothing new...don't have high hopes!

i cant wait for ur manga scans. thanks in advance! :) :w00t:

ruka_michiru

Post by ruka_michiru » Jun 23rd, '08, 23:47

siutou_amy wrote:
Yuuki wrote:
That song True Colours does suit Ruka. It's like Eri singing to Ruka, haha. I'm with ya, Eri and Ruka could've been a great hot lesbian couple. woot! Big Smile If Eri hooked up with Ruka and ditched the useless Ogura, it would've made this drama uber cool and one of my all time favorites. LOL

Oh man, here I was thinking I was the only one thinking Eri and Ruka should get together. LOL'
I'm surprise to read these. And I'm way more surprise to see those pictures (of Ruka & Eri) that Yuuki posted, oh I like the pictures btw, Yuuki ... I think I'm having second thoughts too :P The writers could have explored more of Eri and Ruka's "friendship."

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 23rd, '08, 23:52

I agree with what a lot of you have said about Michiru's character. Sometimes, I just want to snap some sense into her whether its about Sousuke or Takeru or Ruka<3. Because of the indirect agony she's caused our favorite character, it's easy to overlook her saving grace. That despite her naivete, this girl has an overwhelming sense of loyalty. You can mistaken her devotion to Sousuke as stupidity, but no matter what the circumstances, this girl really did stick by him. Well, almost...it appears that her loyalty to Ruka is far greater. I've counted at least three times in which she barks at Sousuke for insulting Ruka -- that's a lot coming from someone as fragile and relatively weak as Michiru. Remember how proud we all were(okay I was!) when she slapped Sousuke? BRAVO! :]

so uh the purpose of this post was really just me tryin' to lessen the haterade on Michiru. =]

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 24th, '08, 02:40

^Yuuki wrote:Salz: I think they played a couple in Summer Time Machine Blues no?
They weren't a couple (yet), but Eita did ask her to the movies... :)
(I'm collecting Juri's vids like storing nuts for the coming winter, haven't seen it yet)
You should stop posting and watch the movie then... :P

It's a fun movie... The beginning is rather confusing, but your patience is rewarded. :thumleft:

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 24th, '08, 04:08

^Yuuki wrote: Salz: I think they played a couple in Summer Time Machine Blues no? (I'm collecting Juri's vids like storing nuts for the coming winter, haven't seen it yet)
i know they in STMB but that movie not really bout them...it more of time travelling though Eita Juri so cute in the movie and at least she like him back in the movie....
but what i want is another project for EitaJuri and this time they really together as the main couple lol :wub:

they have so many project together but there are two drama they dun even meet like Orange Days and Lost Time Life......
in Nodame they only good friend but so funny together :D
in LF finally have romantic moment for both of them but they still not a couple coz Ruka like Michiru :glare:
so i would luv if they have other project coz i luv EitaJuri so much and they really have great chemistry^^
if not for both of them i might already give up with this drama lol....

well at least there is still the CM where they also couple^^

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 24th, '08, 04:37

@hanapyupyu
waaah i love the MV of takeru and ruka
-----------
I love the tent scene of takeru and ruka and the motorcycle scene.
replay..pause.. replay pause!! i love the ending.
Rumi's cute. i wonder if the SP episode is going to be about rumi.
I HOPE TAKERU WILL PROPOSE TO RUKA!! (0% chance lol)

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 24th, '08, 04:41

^Yuuki: I'm collecting Juri's vids like storing nuts for the coming winter
LOL That COMPLETELY CRACKED ME UP!!

Ok update: I took the manga to work so once people start leaving and the scanner is free...I'll do it!! hahaha

Hmm...what do we want to see in the SP? I mean we all want more of Michiru and Ruka but what exactly??

A kiss is probably a too big of an ask. I'd be happy if they can give us one heart to heart deep embrace, another holding hands moment, a few seconds of eye to eye....ooh! How about MIchiru leaning on Ruka's shoulder?! :wub: hahaha I'm getting tingles just thinking about all this!! hahahaha Looks like what I'm asking for is even more than a kiss!!! HA!

Oh and I rewatched episode 11 last night, I loved how Ruka asked Michiru to come back to Tokyo with her - so SWEET!! Ok I'm going crazy...

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 24th, '08, 05:16

Salz wrote: i know they in STMB but that movie not really bout them...it more of time travelling though Eita Juri so cute in the movie and at least she like him back in the movie....
but what i want is another project for EitaJuri and this time they really together as the main couple lol :wub:

they have so many project together but there are two drama they dun even meet like Orange Days and Lost Time Life......
in LF finally have romantic moment for both of them but they still not a couple coz Ruka like Michiru :glare:
so i would luv if they have other project coz i luv EitaJuri so much and they really have great chemistry^^

Same here, they're great together. They're both really good at acting and so cute together... maybe Juri will someday teach him how to act out a kissing scene the right way! Because I'm really getting tired of him when it comes to those "let's stick our lips together and not move for a minute" kisses. :P

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 24th, '08, 05:42

yeah Eita is not really comfortable at kissing scene^^
maybe he needto kiss Juri so the magic will start^^

burento5

Post by burento5 » Jun 24th, '08, 06:28

I enjoyed this drama but at the same time it pissed me off so much. I wanted to punch my screen so many times and tell these people to start speaking their mind but at the same time I understood their feelings.

Anyway, don't blame Michiru. She is too kind and was caught in the middle of everyone's emotions. Blame everyone else.

kishimoto michiru

Post by kishimoto michiru » Jun 24th, '08, 06:32

I don't like the end of this drama, its weird.
three of them together, like a fairy tale to children. :cussing:

wintergal

Post by wintergal » Jun 24th, '08, 06:40

@Salz: Just wondering which variety show is it from in your avatar? MentoreG? :)

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 24th, '08, 06:50

it from before the Waratte Sp start...

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jun 24th, '08, 07:01

Salz wrote:yeah Eita is not really comfortable at kissing scene^^
maybe he needto kiss Juri so the magic will start^^
yea eita kiss juri :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

back4lley

Post by back4lley » Jun 24th, '08, 10:01

kishimoto michiru wrote:I don't like the end of this drama, its weird.
three of them together, like a fairy tale to children. :cussing:
Yes.. i dont really like happy ending , but well.. LF ending is different i kinda like it(though i didnt really suprise , in the beginning ive been predicting that its going to be like SO Sailormoon).. Should Ruka die in the end? I like Ruka that much.., but somehow.. i may agree when she has to die in the end of LF now i can say it's more realistic??... No offense please.. :scratch:

mittens

Post by mittens » Jun 24th, '08, 10:05

I think the whole story especially on how it ended was really "reality-based".
Things would have been better if Ruka and takeru ended with each other.. and that Ruka would finally develop some feelings for takeru or having held that baby, she might have a single though of having one might be a possibility or something.
but I think our expectations of a mushy ending might require some time for the characters to assess their lives and make decisions wisely and really know what they want in their lives.. it was a sweet ending as friendship and love bonds them. :-)

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 24th, '08, 11:43

burento5 wrote:I enjoyed this drama but at the same time it pissed me off so much. I wanted to punch my screen so many times and tell these people to start speaking their mind but at the same time I understood their feelings.

Anyway, don't blame Michiru. She is too kind and was caught in the middle of everyone's emotions. Blame everyone else.
That's so weird to me, because most dramas I've seen (and this is speaking mostly of older ones from Korea) piss me off so much because they mess things up by not saying simple things. For example, "I'm not cheating on you." Wow, thanks for those 3 episodes that could have been cleared up in 2 seconds.

But anyway, it didn't happen so much in this show for me because as far as dramas go, they actually did talk to each other about things... eventually. Eventually Michiru told about the DV, and Ruka told about her gender crisis, etc. I thought it was very realistic to hesitate to tell someone about these sorts of things.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 24th, '08, 13:11

fayenatic wrote:so uh the purpose of this post was really just me tryin' to lessen the haterade on Michiru. =]
Nah~ I really understand where Michiru's coming from so what we're saying isn't out of hatred or anything. Just ranting on behalf of Ruka. I agree with fayenatic on the being loyal part. Everytime she stands up againts Sosuke, I rejoice. But it's also when bad thing happens to her... 1) "My Ruka", 2) Poor sick Sosuke aka unshown rape(?) scene, 3) And the last one, just when she almost said "I'm going back to Ruka's place"...So, I guess she deserves credit for that. Plus, at the end, while clutching the protective charm and hearing/reflecting on all the things Ruka did for her, I think she finally realized something. Sosuke just had to break her again...Still, she tried to protect the people at the share house by sacrificing herself...As stupid as that is, it's probably the only way she know how. ;_;
bmwracer wrote:You should stop posting and watch the movie then..
Eheh, the purpose of collecting 'nuts' is because I know my heart will be in winter season after the SP episode this Friday...So I'll need all the 'nuts' to fuel my Juri/Ruka addiction. At least till her next role. Haha. =3

@sleepyzzz: For the SP, here's an image of the final few minutes in my head:
Michiru wakes up and the first thing she sees is Ruka's sleeping face. Rumi is in the middle between them. (Takeru is probably scrubbing the mug cups and preparing breakfast in the kitchen, er after spending the night in his OWN room). Michiru looks at Ruka and only sees a blissful expression(nope, no tears...), it's just too cute and she can't help herself...*kiss*. The end~ Lol.

About ep11's ending...I think it can work as a set up for a 2nd season~ Or a spin-off. Or a movie...which is already in the works...Heh, that kinda ending just provides possibilities. Despite how fairytale/fanfic-ish it was, what we can't say is that it's typical. Can anyone say they've seen an ending like that or a relationship like that on a Japanese drama before? (or any other shows)
Kookie315 wrote: But anyway, it didn't happen so much in this show for me because as far as dramas go, they actually did talk to each other about things... eventually. Eventually Michiru told about the DV, and Ruka told about her gender crisis, etc. I thought it was very realistic to hesitate to tell someone about these sorts of things.
Yeah, it's true to a certain extent. But you still can't help getting frustrated at times. Like Ruka giving up too easily when it comes to Michiru. She's pretty stubborn and has a straightforward thinking. If Michiru says or do something, it's because of her own will. It never crosses Ruka's mind that a lot of girls think one way but say the opposite. If Michiru says she's fine, then she must be fine. If she tells me to go away, then she must hate me...Heh. Ruka's thinking is very much like a guy's. That's why Takeru's sensitiveness and presence is necessary and they're both lucky that he's around or else it'll still remain a DV documentary~ In the finale, we have the great Eri/Ruka scene and Michiru confronting her mom at last. But...where's my MichiRuka talk??(yep. still hung up on that...)

back4lley

Post by back4lley » Jun 24th, '08, 13:19

@^Yuuki

I sent you PM :D

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 24th, '08, 14:27

PEOPLE!! I've uploaded the 2nd release of the manga!!

I've uploaded it to my new blog so you can download it from there

http://yasashiisekai.wordpress.com/

Don't get too excited though as it's basically episode 1...

Btw, I think I screwed up on some pages so if someone is translating and wants some pages rescanned - let me know! Sorry I was in a rush so didn't check carefully!

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 24th, '08, 15:54

@sleepyzzz: Awesome~ Thanks! :thumright: But it's in PDF huh? I'll just PM you if honey-chan wants to scanlate it. ^^ Thanks again!

Photos set 7 & 8 have been uploaded in the Last Friends Another site~

Update 7
Update 8

culdameteora

Post by culdameteora » Jun 24th, '08, 16:25

thanks..4 share photo...

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 24th, '08, 17:09

thanks Yuuki for the photo and the tips^^

yanlin

Post by yanlin » Jun 24th, '08, 17:45

any game show has last friends 's members ???? i wanna enjoy it >"<

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 24th, '08, 17:59

No prob. ^^
yanlin wrote:any game show has last friends 's members ???? i wanna enjoy it >"<
Waratte Iitomo SP and MentoreG are recommended. Only MentoreG is subbed. You can search at the torrent page. The Waratte Iitomo normal episode that has Juri and Masami, you can download from the torrent of the HQ ep1(there's also ep0 there-basically interviews n some behind the scenes). =)

And yeah, I posted some translations about the filming wrap up here along with the Mezamashi news clip:
http://community.livejournal.com/juri_ueno/1360.html

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 24th, '08, 18:49

@sleepyzzz - Ah awesome, thanks for the scans! :D

@fayenatic - Good point. Michiru is very loyal....to a fault. :P I don't hate her character, but find it very frustrating sometimes to watch her repeating the same mistakes and never learning. But I love it that a prime-time Jdrama is putting such importance on a female/female friendship - making it the central relationship. That's rather refreshing.

@Yuuki - love your sig (gah, Ruka! :wub: ). Storing nuts for the winter indeed, lol. Yep, Michiru's naivety about love balances out Ruka's pragmatism.
Ruka is the only one who said what needed to be said to Michiru to alleviate her guilt - Sousuke was a coward and even his death was cowardly. Dying is easy, facing your demons is much harder.
About Michiru looking at Ruka through new eyes....hehehe, you think? Baby Rumi could play cupid for her mama Michiru and papa Ruka. Or if they wanted to go out the emo way in the SP, then Michiru dies of illness after a few years of living in the sharehouse with Ruka and Takeru, and leaves her daughter to Ruka, who by then would've bonded closely with Rumi (Michiru's mom doesn't fight for custody of course, as she thinks of Rumi as a burden). But this ending is sooo 'Beaches' the movie. lol
Salz wrote:

I agree they are lovable together. haha, look at the way Ruka gazes at Takeru holding the baby....like she's somewhat tickled or smitten with him playing daddy, lol
More MVs

Eita and Juri scenes together
(the last part is so cute! :mrgreen: )

Last Friends
[/img][/spoiler]
Last edited by hanapyupyu on Jun 25th, '08, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 25th, '08, 04:46

yeah i really luv how Ruka looking at Takeru when he hold Rumi<333333333
so cute^^
and thanks for the mv^^

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 25th, '08, 12:14

^ No prob! :-)

Here's a blog entry I just read which was quite interesting bcos some of our cast from Last Friends are mentioned. I like who's at number #1. :mrgreen:

Most Unforgettable Supporting Cast/ Extra in a Drama + Reviews
http://icecapades.livejournal.com/4885.html

The real name of the kid whom befriends Sousuke is Takeru? Wow, haha.. Off topic but that little girl who plays the young Nodame is so adorable, gah! :wub: Her wiki says that she's half chinese/japanese.

Juri/Ruka wallpapers -- credits to baidu

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 25th, '08, 12:20

haha Eita is no1^^
yeah he is the most unforgettable background character ever^^

what the little Nodame is half chinese???
i just know...
i like her a lot since Chibi Maruko^^

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 25th, '08, 12:31

Indeed, Eita is a fantastic, reliable supporting actor! I've seen him in Orange Days, Kimmi Wa Petto, Nodame Cantabile & Unfair and he always plays his role well no matter how small the part. But Last Friends has got to be his most endearing role yet. Hopefully, in his next drama Eita will finally get to play THE lead role. :thumleft:

Ei Morisako is very very cute and talented for a child actress. It was really funny to see her play the piano rigorously and bouncing on her seat energetically. :D Yep, she's half japanese/chinese according to http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Morisako_Ei

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 25th, '08, 12:37

yeah i luv Ei Morisako...
she such a good actress from such a young age^^
i hope she maintain her good acting quality and become much better when she grow up....
im really expecting a lot from her and also the little Takeru^^....
she might be the next Ueno Juri when she grow up^^

yeah Eita really deserve leading roles and more drama with Juri^^
their chemistry is too good to be waste^^

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jun 25th, '08, 12:53

^ Yeah, maybe a romantic comedy for them next? haha, dunno why but I have this image of Juri and Eita in the roles of the Girl and her poor henpecked boyfriend in My Sassy Girl (korean movie). Who better to play the cruel, moody, cute, vulnerable, sweet and violent girl than Juri. LOL I think the two of them can definitely pull it off! :lol

Another amusing entry....some random observations about LAST FRIENDS ( I kinda agree about Masami's tongue, lol)
http://icecapades.livejournal.com/2582.html#cutid1

Salz

Post by Salz » Jun 25th, '08, 13:08

haha, Eita gonna be the bullied obedient boyfriend of Juri lol^^
well they already make the drama remake of My Sassy girl.....
it would also great if they make another comedy together^^

spyefox

Post by spyefox » Jun 25th, '08, 15:36

Don't you guys feel it? I'm getting so anxious anticipating about tomorrow's LF's SP. Even though I'm not privilege like some of you who get to see it tomorrow during Japan air time, I'm getting nervous nonetheless :mrgreen:

Most probably I'll get to see it the earliest is on Sunday, hopefully with sub ready by then.
Like always, I'll will come to this thread and read all the spoilers. Maybe I should avoid this thread starting tomorrow nite till sunday :D

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 25th, '08, 15:39

Speaking of the SP, will it air the same time that LF usually did or do I have to keep an eye out for it at another time?

mittens

Post by mittens » Jun 25th, '08, 16:54

where can I download the OST of this drama? :D

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 25th, '08, 16:57

mittens wrote:where can I download the OST of this drama? :D
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_62449.htm

There's been quite a lot of other links to it posted a while back in this thread too.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jun 25th, '08, 17:17

@Rori: Usual time but with 30 minutes extra. =)

An interesting piece of news in a Japanese entertainment magazine(paparazzi, heh).

女性自身周刊
"Ueno Juri accompanies on the piano while Utada Hikaru sings~"

It's the celebration for the end of filming and last episode. They invited Utada Hikaru and Juri apparently had practiced the piano a lot before that. She kinda got a little drunk too, heheh, but she seemed really happy. Also had lotsa fun with Masami till morning~

Wah~ Did Nodame made a come back? :mrgreen:
Last edited by ^Yuuki on Jun 27th, '08, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jun 25th, '08, 19:00

^Yuuki wrote:Wah~ Did Nodame made a come back? :mrgreen:
She never left. :mrgreen: :thumright: