[CDrama] Legend Of The Condor Heroes (2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Mar 24th, '07, 01:16

WroW wrote:I want to sub ROCH 2020 ...so now I announced it...anyone wanting to sub it than should first ask for my permission :roll (I hope 13 years are enough to learn Chinese)
I'm going to sub it, too. But I'm open to options / negotiations if you want to work with me. :wink: :P :roll

@foxhana: The main actor for the show got into a car accident and is currently going through skin grafting. Therefore, the show has not even been filmed yet. Under favorable circumstances, it might start filming at the end of July. Under unfavorable circumstances, it might not get filmed at all...

In short, LOCH 2007 is currently nonexistent, so you won't be able to find raws for it.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Mar 24th, '07, 01:27

ethidda wrote:
WroW wrote:I want to sub ROCH 2020 ...so now I announced it...anyone wanting to sub it than should first ask for my permission :roll (I hope 13 years are enough to learn Chinese)
I'm going to sub it, too. But I'm open to options / negotiations if you want to work with me. :wink: :P :roll

@foxhana: The main actor for the show got into a car accident and is currently going through skin grafting. Therefore, the show has not even been filmed yet. Under favorable circumstances, it might start filming at the end of July. Under unfavorable circumstances, it might not get filmed at all...

In short, LOCH 2007 is currently nonexistent, so you won't be able to find raws for it.
No its too late, you should have contacted me way earlier. Now its only 13 years till that drama airs. A few years back I would have negotiated but its too late now.
I wish you good luck :roll

So talking about the series so that I dont get any problems here...hopefully when they remake the next HSDS they make better casting choices than in LOCH.

XTC1212

Post by XTC1212 » Mar 26th, '07, 03:52

Wow i can't wait for this series to come out! hope they are done soon.

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Apr 3rd, '07, 09:38

if this question has been answered before......sorry for asking.

Whats the main difference between LOCH and ROCH????

Is it that one talks of a story before the other one???

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Apr 3rd, '07, 10:01

RoCH is a continuation of LoCH, about ten years later

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Apr 3rd, '07, 19:28

Bryce wrote:RoCH is a continuation of LoCH, about ten years later
oohh ok.

Thanks for answering :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Apr 5th, '07, 11:03

Trailer:

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 6th, '07, 20:10

this looks nt bad. ^^

eh? if it hasnt been filmed yet, then how come got the trailer? O_o

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Apr 7th, '07, 05:02

I think it was in the mist of filming when Hu Ge met with the accident so everything was put on hold...

they got the triller out and it looks very good (of course since Hu Ge is so shuai!)... Ive heard that filming should start again soon if it hasn't already...

apparently, the movie rights had expired but jin yong renewed it for another year after hearing of Hu Ge's plight. Can't wait for the series to be out, especially after watching Tian Wai Fei Xian where Hu Ge and Ariel Lin had great chemistry on screen!

ClockwiseStir

Post by ClockwiseStir » Apr 13th, '07, 03:17

AHHH... tks for the info and pics!! yay, its good to hear the series is coming out soon..

tks to all the crew for sticking in and keeping this series alive. hope Hu Ge is recovering well. cant wait to see him again :)

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 14th, '07, 17:55

the female lead is liu yi fei right? its gonna show in singapore soon like in two weeks time, so that means hu ge is alright already? finished already?

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Apr 14th, '07, 17:57

foxhana wrote:the female lead is liu yi fei right? its gonna show in singapore soon like in two weeks time, so that means hu ge is alright already? finished already?
Since when has Return of the Condor Heroes transformed magically into Legend of the Condor Heroes?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Apr 14th, '07, 18:01

Ueda Jiro wrote:
foxhana wrote:the female lead is liu yi fei right? its gonna show in singapore soon like in two weeks time, so that means hu ge is alright already? finished already?
Since when has Return of the Condor Heroes transformed magically into Legend of the Condor Heroes?
Good thing Jin Yong decided to change the last Trilogy to 'Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber' or else some people might get confused as well. :salut:

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 14th, '07, 18:34

erm, alst trilogy? aiyo very confused leh. can use hanyupinyin type? english very confusing. >_<

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Apr 14th, '07, 19:16

foxhana wrote:erm, alst trilogy? aiyo very confused leh. can use hanyupinyin type? english very confusing. >_<
Legend of the Condor Heores = She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan
Return of the Condor Heroes = Shen Diao Xia Lu
Heavenly Sword Dragon Saber = Yi Tian Tu Long Ji

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 14th, '07, 20:32

SDYXZ is the first one, then SDXL is the second one and YTTLJ is the last one right? using chinese hanyu pinyin not so confusing le.. :lol: thank yooooooouuuuuuuuuu~!!

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Apr 18th, '07, 05:31

Where is everybody getting the July film date? Just wondering, because I searched through several Chinese sites, and the closest I got was an article written Marth 13th of this year, saying that Hu Ge is going to do a third surgery to fix a patch of skin on his (right?) brow/forehead area. Also that he's exercising to be fit again.

But I couldn't find anything more recent. So if anybody has a link to chinese article detailing to scheduled date of when the show is expected to restart filming, please share. Thanks!

teknobabe5

Post by teknobabe5 » Apr 18th, '07, 05:59

I think Nic Tse will be a good yang kang simply because he's good looking, yet at the same time he has that mean/hardened aura about him. I'll watch it when it comes out. I hope they dont stray too far away from the book though.

cLuMMzY

Post by cLuMMzY » Apr 20th, '07, 04:51

Condor hero was amazing series that TV had to offer any recommend(s) to any other series like this kung fu TV series?

meera

Post by meera » Apr 23rd, '07, 23:52

lol...i wonder where have i seen this...??!!
turns out..i watched d anime version on axn...
huh...stewpid....^o^

madesoda

Post by madesoda » May 2nd, '07, 00:43

i have not watched any of the LOCH versions. so i am waiting for this one.

dont matter who claims it..who ever subs this the fastest wins. :D :D :D :D :D :D

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Jun 2nd, '07, 22:52

Kallen wrote:
i have to say i loved Athena Chu as Huang Rong. I really don't think Ariel Lin can compare... she just doesn't look like a Huang Rong (better than Zhou Xun at least). However, Hu Ge kinda looks like a Guo Jing. I'll have to see if he can pull it off.

Didn't watch the 2003 remake, but Zhou Xun does not look good as Huang Rong. Damn, can't they find a chick that looks like a Huang Rong?! We need Athena Chu to be 10 years younger so she can reprise her role in a remake.
I watched LOCH 2003 remake and I found Zhou Xun did a pretty good job of playing Huang Rong although she may not look young or having the "Huang Rong" look. I have also watched the LOCH 1983 remake, I have heard many love Barbara Yung portrayal of Huang Rong. But sometimes I felt that I don't like the Huang Rong played by Barbara Yung (May be the Huang Rong I see here is clever and witty Yet not refine and educated. More like a extremely spoiled child). I seem to like Zhou Xun's Huang Rong since I can identify that this Huang Rong is spoiled but not too extreme; she is quick in analyzing the situations, very educated, witty, and clever. I felt I'm seeing her (Zhou Xun's Huang Rong) in the novel.

Well... It's just my opinion since everyone has their own preference of Huang Rong.

wuji33

Post by wuji33 » Jun 4th, '07, 01:47

as long they can potray the character.

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Jul 3rd, '07, 16:00

Is Nic really gonna play Yang Kang?...I could totally see him in that role. Who plays Mu Nian Ci?

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Jul 10th, '07, 04:28

i`m rewatching the 2003 Of LOCH and i have to say i pretty love the cast.. and i think zhou xun played huang rong pretty well... she's clever and very smart.. i like her character

the 2007 remake.. i don't know but for some reason ariel lin doesn't appeal to me as huang rong but then we'll have to see how well she'll be.. i mean this one has more "famous" actors/actresses i think more people know the cast for 2007 than 2003 cast

and it seems like a lot of people are confusing ROCH and LOCH... i would say watch LOCH before watching LOCH =]
i have both LOCH 2003 and ROCH 2006 on dvd and the guo jing in ROCH.. didn't like him as much as the one in LOCH (if you noticed they use some scenes from LOCH)

@lavenderskye: Lui shi shi is playing mu nianci
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Legend_of_the ... eroes_2007 you can see the cast and stuff there

and about nic tse playing yang kang... is it true? since on wiki it says that someone else is playing the role of yang kang

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Jul 12th, '07, 05:51

haven't there been any new news about when this series is going to come out??

yuna67

Post by yuna67 » Aug 21st, '07, 10:29

hi !!! i'm also so waiting for this drama to come out ! It seems not bad. Hope that it won't be disapointed

sponge_girl

Post by sponge_girl » Aug 25th, '07, 06:40

my husband and i can't wait for it. so excited.

autuymnrain
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by autuymnrain » Sep 26th, '07, 22:21

i heard filming resumed again. does anyone know if it's true. im still really excited for this:D

Bankai
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bankai » Nov 2nd, '07, 06:14

Yeah, it's resumed. Glad this show is finally going to continue. I hope it airs soon, but not at the expense of quality :D

crazypilovee

Post by crazypilovee » Nov 25th, '07, 09:32

wait so... the one w/ ariel lin hasn't aired yet irght......? do u guys know when? (srry i didn't go through the past pgs.. i just suddenly got interested in this drama and it's like 2 am so i'm going to sleep)
if anyone knows please post a reply :)

keziahkiss

wee...

Post by keziahkiss » Nov 26th, '07, 07:02

luv it...

another drama of Ariel Lin..?
really.. :-)
can't wait to dl this.. hehe =D
:cheers:

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Mar 2nd, '08, 09:07

Hi everyone, just saw this thread and thought I'd post :) LOCH will be coming out in *May 2008* now (yay!), which is better than originally thought, since they were first thinking of putting it out in July. Filming finished in January... I'm hoping they'll be able to do some LOCH promos before it airs, though :)

Bankai
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bankai » Mar 2nd, '08, 09:27

Where'd you get May from?

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Mar 5th, '08, 01:15

I got the May date from a couple Chinese TV reviews of upcoming shows, some newspaper articles, ihuge.net and iyuanhong.com :) Actually, Jiang Hu is subbing LOCH still, right? :wub:

Bankai
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bankai » Mar 5th, '08, 07:37

Yup, we're planning to :-)

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Apr 7th, '08, 07:02

Bankai, that's great to hear! :D I'm so excited for it to come out in about a month!! I hope we get to see some promos before it airs...

Here are some of the more recent teasers/trailers to come out, for those who haven't seen them yet:

4:30 teaser/trailer:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=343975693

Official Sina LOCH BTS/NG MV (feat. Hu Ge, Ariel Lin, Yuan Hong and Liu Shi Shi):

Newest LOCH trailer w/ background music:

Long 8-minute trailer:

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Apr 7th, '08, 07:08

What I heard is not May, but more like August or so.

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Apr 7th, '08, 07:44

That was the original plan... so that it would be after the Olympics, but then they changed their minds, because I guess everyone was going to release their series after the Olympics. So, they decided on May. They already submitted the edited series for approval by the broadcasting company/station at the end of March, so it should be ready for May airing as long as everything goes smoothly :) *fingers crossed*

abel nightroad

Post by abel nightroad » Apr 13th, '08, 17:09

i hope it comes out at may... i only watched ROTCH... i havent watched any version of this series... looking forward to this series

boris7

Post by boris7 » Apr 13th, '08, 17:17

This is a fantastic series....cant wait for the 2008 release!!!!

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » Apr 16th, '08, 14:48

DAMN can't wait it look kick ass.. :D

boris7

Post by boris7 » Apr 16th, '08, 15:36

so many rumours! well I will add one as well....
I was told July.....

whatever it will be great when it arrives!!!!

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Apr 21st, '08, 20:26

Aww man, I hope it really will be May! I haven't heard much lately about it... or a specific air date. The good news is, Hu Ge's manager just confirmed in ihuge.net that LOCH *will* be aired in Taiwan (there was some uncertainty after CTV said they didn't want to air Chinese dramas anymore), and Hu Ge and Ariel Lin will be attending a LOCH promo together in Taiwan! No specific dates though :P

LOCH photobook pics, I believe (and lots of 'em!): http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_45872b280100912h.html

Bankai
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bankai » Apr 24th, '08, 05:24

Does anyone else dislike Ariel's dubbed voice? It sounds the same as the TWFX one, which I really didn't like. Too high pitched. Even if it's to make her sound younger, is it that much of an issue? I demand Ariel's natural voice! :x

boris7

Post by boris7 » Apr 24th, '08, 20:05

Being sentimental....= goes with age..ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I still watch...LOTCH 1982.... 8) 8) :salut: :salut: :cheers: :cheers:

3lutz3toe

Post by 3lutz3toe » Apr 24th, '08, 20:30

I’m rewatching the 80s version right now and this is my all time faves! (Saw it when I was really young).

—Haven't seen the 94 TVB yet.

—Saw a little bit of the China 2000s something and didn't like the casting at all!

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Apr 27th, '08, 04:03

Bankai, I don’t like the Huang Rong’s dubbed voice either! It actually changes the character… I especially don’t like it when the dubber “squeaks” in dismay or hurt or whatever. *sigh* I know the accents are supposed to be the same, but man, the dubber really ruins the speaking parts that are supposed to be touching and emotional. I think it’s the same one from TWFX =P

Hi there, I like the few clips I've seen of the '83 version. Barbara Yung is really amazing as Huang Rong. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one pans out with the stronger focus on relationships, particularly the family ties, and also the change in Yang Kang's character.

Oh, here’s the new 18-minute trailer! http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/kFj27cJRVHA/

Pics from the just released LOCH photobook: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_45872b280100912h.html

LOCH blog update: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4a729cf1010097w9.html
Apparently, it looks like LOCH might be airing in May on the local Chinese channels, then in July? on the major channels (probably when it will be aired in Taiwan, too).

Banners from the blog:

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » May 3rd, '08, 17:34

I'm impressed by the trailer. This adaptation should be entertaining. :mrgreen:

azntina

Post by azntina » May 3rd, '08, 21:02

I don't know why people whining about Ariel Lin as Huang Rong but I think she is absolutely perfect for the role. Ariel's really cute and air-headed when she want to be, like in It started with a kiss, or smart and sensitive like Love Contract. She is the only reason I'm interested in the series, her acting is awesome. I don't like any of the other chinese actresses, they act really unnatural and weird. Why can't they have Joe Cheng as Guo Jing, that will be the perfect series.

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » May 3rd, '08, 22:25

Ueda Jiro, love your Jiang Hu LOCH banner! So excited to see that the Jiang Hu team has already English subbed the 18-minute LOCH trailer! Will Jiang Hu only be releasing English soft subs for LOCH in torrent form, or will there be hard subs later, too? Also, does Jiang Hu have an active website where non-torrent sub downloads will be available, or is the subbing team just going to stick to torrents on d-addicts? Sorry for all of the questions, and thanks to you and the whole team for subbing!!

azntina, I love Ariel, too, and she looks great as Huang Rong. I'm really excited, because I think the whole cast looks pretty awesome :D
Joe and Ariel are really cute, but I think if they appeared in every series together, most people would start to get tired of them as a pairing. (especially with TKA and LOCH right in a row)
Hu Ge and Ariel look really cute together, too - I think Ariel has good chemistry with whoever she's paired with in series! :wub: :D

khmai_kandi22

Post by khmai_kandi22 » May 3rd, '08, 22:33

@swimfishyswim06: Hehe... We'll be releasing only hardsubs for the drama here at DA. Not sure if we'll release at any other websites but we'll make an announcement if we do. I watched the 18 minute trailer a few hours ago, and I'm really anticipating this series. Looking forward to it! :lol

Bankai
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Bankai » May 4th, '08, 00:24

swimfishyswim06 wrote:Ueda Jiro, love your Jiang Hu LOCH banner!
Thanks! :D I made it the other day even though when I started off I had no idea what I was gonna do :roll :lol

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » May 4th, '08, 06:42

khmai, thanks for letting me know so quickly! Cool, so hardsubs only once the episodes start coming out :) I'm so excited after watching the subbed trailer! It's so much better now that I understand what they're saying :D

Bankai, lol, I got confused with all of the team members. Once again, nice work! I really like the "short and sweet" version, too :lol So you're Ichika in AF then, right?

HaPpYfAcE

Post by HaPpYfAcE » May 4th, '08, 07:07

why did they dubbed her voice...? I don't get it...it there something i'm missing?...

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » May 5th, '08, 03:24

so it's going to air on may?? the trailer make it look so good..

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » May 5th, '08, 17:04

(Non) update on LOCH airing: I just checked on ihuge.net, and someone checked the schedule for the Zhejiang Entertainment TV station to see if LOCH was airing May 8th, as rumors has been saying. However, it looks like LOCH is *not* on the lineup for May 8th, so no idea when LOCH will be broadcasting now... *sigh*. (Also, it looks like the Zhejiang Entertainment station will be broadcasting 4 other big dramas in the upcoming months, so it's likely that LOCH may not be shown until after the Olympics... :cry: ) Noooo!

I'll post anything if I hear differently.

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » May 5th, '08, 17:33

LOCH and DOMD will be shown after Olympics. Probably near the end of the year.

koua_xiong

Post by koua_xiong » May 6th, '08, 05:00

near the end of the year that's going to be a all time cuz the year just started...

swtaznangel530

Post by swtaznangel530 » May 6th, '08, 05:31

I am currently watching Fairy From Wonderland and I have to say I really like Ariel and HuGe. It's a really cute drama. But I have JEM's batch so I think parts have been cut out. :( Nevertheless, great story. The downside to it is probably the dubbing. Ariel doesn't sound too good. =(

But I can't wait for LOCH! :D

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » May 6th, '08, 09:09

Huhuhu, LOCH now seems so much further away... after the Olympics probably means September or later, right? :(

swtaznangel, I love Ariel and Hu Ge in TWFX! I got the DVD for TWFX, and parts were definitely cut out of that (good parts too!), so I feel your pain.
*sigh* unfortunately, LOCH will have the dubbing again for Ariel's voice, but this voice might be a little better. (Were you just over at the ISWAK Fansubs page, by the way? :lol )

swtaznangel530

Post by swtaznangel530 » May 6th, '08, 14:36

swimfishyswim06 wrote:Huhuhu, LOCH now seems so much further away... after the Olympics probably means September or later, right? :(

swtaznangel, I love Ariel and Hu Ge in TWFX! I got the DVD for TWFX, and parts were definitely cut out of that (good parts too!), so I feel your pain.
*sigh* unfortunately, LOCH will have the dubbing again for Ariel's voice, but this voice might be a little better. (Were you just over at the ISWAK Fansubs page, by the way? :lol )
I am usually on there. Were you? What is your sceenname?

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 25th, '08, 03:02

Ahh, This drama is supposed to start airing next month! Well, after the olympics.

EDIT: According to Asianfanatics, it premieres July 19, 2008 in Xiamen

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Jun 25th, '08, 22:58

Hi Zealousy! Hehe, you're fast! :D Well, it's not after the Olympics, as expected, but hopefully it can finish before the Olympics, if they show it every day? (well, as far as ratings are concerned, 'cause nobody wants to compete with the Olympics).

Here's the flyer for the airing of LOCH!

LOCH will start airing July 19th (the premiere) in Xiamen (China), and there will also be the first fanmeeting for promotion June 29th in China, with Hu Ge and Ariel Lin. I can't believe LOCH's finally coming out!! :w00t:

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Jul 1st, '08, 08:04

More LOCH updates...

LOCH starts airing on the local Xiamen (China) station on July 19th! Other local channels will follow suit with airing LOCH soon after: Kunming, Wuhan (Hubei), and Xian are some of the ones that are confirmed.

Info from linyichen.com about the Xiamen airing which I can't read, lol:
射雕首播是7月19号在厦视4套(影视频道)的《钻石剧场》(19:25-22:00)

I believe it gives the station and time for the premiere of LOCH on the local Xiamen station. I guess it's this channel: http://www.xmg.com.cn/live/xmtv4.asp

The LOCH DVD is now available for pre-order at YesAsia (expected release = July 30th) - Chinese subtitles only:
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 011125432/

New official LOCH posters (credit to baidu and Sina):

YesAsia DVD cover:

The first LOCH fanmeeting/promo took place June 29th in Xiamen.
Baidu links to pics (sorry, somewhat Ariel-centric, b/c I only go to Ariel baidu bar)
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=423104131
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=423019466

lavenderskye

Post by lavenderskye » Jul 1st, '08, 08:16

Thanks swimfishyswim06 for all the updates and pics! Looks good...can't wait to see it!

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 1st, '08, 08:27

Oh, then the DVD is supposed to be released July 30th! I'm excited! 11 days after it premieres. Theres 50 episodes then.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Jul 1st, '08, 08:53

It's funny, the DVD cover has English and stuff over it and yet the drama itself doesn't have English subtitles... =P
& I swear the first poster is with everyone line up at the top is so... common.. I see it a lot.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 1st, '08, 09:06

loveless_soul wrote:It's funny, the DVD cover has English and stuff over it and yet the drama itself doesn't have English subtitles... =P
& I swear the first poster is with everyone line up at the top is so... common.. I see it a lot.
Its the US version, its not the China version.

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Jul 7th, '08, 04:12

Hmm, there's supposed to be a deluxe version of LOCH DVD coming out as well. Has anyone found where to order it from yet? Also, the LOCH Sina blog was recently updated with more pics:

idarklight

Post by idarklight » Jul 8th, '08, 04:44

swimfishyswim06 wrote:Huhuhu, LOCH now seems so much further away... after the Olympics probably means September or later, right? :(

It makes me wonder, how come American actors/actressed could fake a British accent but Taiwanese/Hong-kong actors/actresses can't fake whatever accent they're suppose to have (In Ariel's case, Putonghua).
If only the 2003 version were dubbed...The girl who played Huang Rong was pretty and clever, but her voice sounded so dumb!

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Jul 9th, '08, 05:23

idarklight, see, that's the thing, I think Ariel *could* pull off a decent mainland accent/emphasis, since she doesn't have a Taiwanese accent. All she would have to do is make her speech more "crisp" (like the "sh" sound), since the enunciation of Taiwanese Mandarin is a bit more relaxed than mainland.
I guess that's just the way it's done, though... all of the non-mainlanders get dubbed. Even Hu Ge (who is a mainlander) was dubbed for Chinese Paladin (maybe because they thought he had too much of a Shanghai accent??) Anyway, I don't really get it. Like you said, people can fake accents (and do a pretty good job of it, too!)

Oh well, I'm resigned to the fact that Ariel's voice will be dubbed, even though the high-pitch makes me wince, and the laugh really sounds dumb. I don't know, I think Zhou Xun's voice (2003) sounds better than the dubber's voice. And Ariel's acting voice sounds much much better than the dubber's voice, especially when it comes to emotional expression.

Ahem, anyway, can't wait!

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jul 9th, '08, 22:27

idarklight wrote: It makes me wonder, how come American actors/actressed could fake a British accent but Taiwanese/Hong-kong actors/actresses can't fake whatever accent they're suppose to have (In Ariel's case, Putonghua).
If only the 2003 version were dubbed...The girl who played Huang Rong was pretty and clever, but her voice sounded so dumb!
That's a matter of your opinion. The rest of mainland china LOVE Zhou Xun (2003 Huang Rong) and her voice. She was everywhere and on everything when I went over there last year

Although we know alot of people are not happy with Ariel getting her voice dubbed, its a big part of wuxia series. Its very hard to capture a crisp sound while filming an ancient series, because of special effects sounds and explosions and nature gets in the way. The actors usually have to go back and dub their own voice for the whole series to make it consistant. Ariel :wub: has to go and film other stuff, and with her super busy schedule, its understandable. Of course I would like to hear the actors original voice, but lets get real and stop complaining.

swimfishyswim06

Post by swimfishyswim06 » Jul 13th, '08, 07:22

w00t! LOCH Episodes 1-25 from the DVD (correction, make that VCD) are out and ready to view online!! :D

Here's the LOCH episode playlist link (credit to baidu): http://6.cn/profile/playlist.php?p=198690

Happy viewing, everyone!

idarklight

Post by idarklight » Jul 13th, '08, 22:22

[quote="swimfishyswim06"]w00t! LOCH Episodes 1-25 from the DVD (correction, make that VCD) are out and ready to view online!! :D

Here's the LOCH episode playlist link (credit to baidu): http://6.cn/profile/playlist.php?p=198690

Happy viewing, everyone![/quote

That one's really unclear. 08shediao Bar on Baidu has a real clear version. And episode 26 is also out.
I watched up to ep. 26.
My thoughts:
Plotline: OMG the plotline is sooo different! They made Yang Kang a semi-good person.. The whole drama is very typical Tang-ren (production company, also made Warriors of Young Clan and Fairy from Wonderland). It's mostly about the love relationships. They cut a lot of minor characters and fun scenes out.
and please tell me Hua Zheng's not dead....that would ruin the whole story!!!
Huang Rong - her eyes were really good at showing Huang Rong's "ling qi." Her baby fat sort of prevented a lot of facial expressions, though.
Guo Jing - he gets better later in the drama. In some parts, he still seemed too smart.
Yang Kang and Mu Nianci - They were a much more interesting couple than Jing Rong. They were obviously very different from the novel, but I think they did a good job interpreting the new plot.
Ouyang Ke - ???He isn't very playboyish in this. He was too expressionless for me.
Hua Zheng - I really liked Xie Na as Hua Zheng. She did a very good job.
Other stuff: Apparently, Tang -ren's budget is way lower than that of Zhang Jizhong, because the boat scenes were extremely fake, and there were way too little "crowd actors." Zhang Jizhong's version seemed like an epic compared to this one. This drama is more of an idol-drama.