[Discussion] Zettai Kareshi / Absolute Boyfriend

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
crisdrag

Post by crisdrag » Jun 19th, '08, 02:35

for the last episode:
I didn't watch the preview of the last episode till the end ,but now, watching it again, I saw a image with Night smiling....Did someone else saw this?
At least I know that he'll meet with Riiko again and I HOPE she'll finally say something nice to him!
A little help with translation, ep 10:
Please, does anyone know what Riiko said when she was holding in her hands the Planetarium ticket? She was talking about Night but I just don't know what she said.
Thank you

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 19th, '08, 03:24

I'm sorry but I can't wait till I can finish this. This drama is really starting to bore me and I just want to get it over with. I was in the middle of 18 Jin Bu Jin when I saw the softsubs came out and decided to watch it. That was the longest 45 minutes of any drama.

wail

Post by wail » Jun 19th, '08, 07:37

^ I do agree first couple eps, it's kinda predictable , but I think fr ep 5 on, it gets quite entertaining and it got me hooked. And Moco has always just been a handsome tall dude acting as some nobody in dramas, but he did seriously well here. Esp ep 9, 10 when he's getting more human and started to have his own id, it's subtle but u can really tell his Naito shifting fr mere machine to processing human feelings and emotions.
(esp in the scene in 10 when Riiko gave him the clover leaf as a gift blessing his safe return fr repairs. I bet that's the first time Naito felt Riiko really cared, and his smile there is not his usual teethy grin.)
After watching 10, I am really really hoping for Riko+Naito, before this ep, I think it can go either way and I'll be fine with it. I dont see much intensity in Soshi's love for Riko, all he did is mentioning he likes her, so it's all talk against Naito's wholehearted actions. Soshi was a player before, it was not given a reason why he broke up with his ex, is he dependable at all as a true love?! The only pro going for him is he's human, but with Naito having self consciousness, is he merely a robot?! At least without malfunction, u can depend on him doing what he said 100%, there's no guessing game, no trust issue, no change of heart.
Last edited by wail on Jun 19th, '08, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

wail

Post by wail » Jun 19th, '08, 07:58

crisdrag wrote:for the last episode:
I didn't watch the preview of the last episode till the end ,but now, watching it again, I saw a image with Night smiling....Did someone else saw this?
At least I know that he'll meet with Riiko again and I HOPE she'll finally say something nice to him!
Yes, I saw that too,
but he's alone...not with Riiko
Please, does anyone know what Riiko said when she was holding in her hands the Planetarium ticket? She was talking about Night but I just don't know what she said.
Thank you
She said sth like, You told me not to fall in love with Night, right?! I used to think, falling in love normally, marry somebody like everyone else is what happiness is. I still think so, but...
Then the bar lady cut her off with, ' You have made up your mind in going to Paris with Soshi already, huh?
You will have your dream come true both in what you want to do and in love. Don't let what's important to you slip.
Riiko then said, 'But Night is very impt to me too. '

Iwakuralain16

Post by Iwakuralain16 » Jun 19th, '08, 10:14

Izuno wrote:I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the OST. There's an instrumental song I really like. It first starts with a piano, then turns into a guitar and people humming. I find that song really relaxing. Does anyone know where I might be able to find it?

Thanks for your help. :)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WPCL-10486
It comes on 06/25 :D

morimoli

Post by morimoli » Jun 19th, '08, 14:51

I watched episode 9 and it was a lot better than the last episode, at least I think.

But in the preview for episode 10....
It looks like Soshi finds out Night is a robot!? I wonder what will happen...
I'm still rooting for Soshi, because honestly in Episode 8 it seemed like he didn't have a chance and that the last two episodes were going to focus on resolving the fact that Riiko didn't even like Night. But now he has a fighting chance so I'm excited (and nervous) to see what happens.

All and all I liked this a lot better when I first started watching it, but the only reason I really keep watching it is because I really like Hiro hahha

boxxx

Post by boxxx » Jun 19th, '08, 17:32

the drama wiki said there was only going to be 10 episodes...did it lie? I just finished 10 and there is definately an episode after it. is that a special?

WAHHHHH IM SOOOO FRUSTRATEDDDDD! I THOUGHT MY FRUSTRATIONS WOULD BE OVER!!!! BUT I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEEEK!!!

im excited for the ending, though.

kimjaemi9

Post by kimjaemi9 » Jun 19th, '08, 21:39

where can you watch zettai kareshi episode 10?

apaan

Post by apaan » Jun 19th, '08, 21:48

download it.ep10 has been released

crisdrag

Post by crisdrag » Jun 20th, '08, 03:39

wail wrote:
crisdrag wrote:for the last episode:
Yes, I saw that too,
but he's alone...not with Riiko
Thank you
She said sth like, You told me not to fall in love with Night, right?! I used to think, falling in love normally, marry somebody like everyone else is what happiness is. I still think so, but...
Then the bar lady cut her off with, ' You have made up your mind in going to Paris with Soshi already, huh?
You will have your dream come true both in what you want to do and in love. Don't let what's important to you slip.
Riiko then said, 'But Night is very impt to me too. '
Thanks so much for responding to me!
By the way:
What do you think Night is thinking of there when he's alone and smiling? I was thinking that maybe he's thinking about Riiko who's in Paris...But if he's there that means he's not "dead"...maybe it's a happy ending after all.

76xhxh

Post by 76xhxh » Jun 20th, '08, 05:33

Hi! Anyone know where to get zetta kareshi OST torrent?

Iwakuralain16

Post by Iwakuralain16 » Jun 20th, '08, 07:58

[quote="76xhxh"]Hi! Anyone know where to get zetta kareshi OST torrent?[/quote

The OsT will be released on the 24th. Only the single is out right now for the ending song.

ILoveKoyuki

Post by ILoveKoyuki » Jun 21st, '08, 02:04

doesn anyone kno whut model phones Namikiri and Soshi use in the show

76xhxh

Post by 76xhxh » Jun 22nd, '08, 13:46

I think the ending part of ep 10 is kind of touching. Let's hope nothing happen to Night - not dead.

sleepysilver

Is there anyway to watch absolute boyfriend ep11?

Post by sleepysilver » Jun 22nd, '08, 17:15

Thx for the LINKS>>. it really helps.. but I couldnt find the ep 11.... im so eager to continue watching... if U could please help me once more.. thx

Iwakuralain16

Re: Is there anyway to watch absolute boyfriend ep11?

Post by Iwakuralain16 » Jun 23rd, '08, 03:09

sleepysilver wrote:Thx for the LINKS>>. it really helps.. but I couldnt find the ep 11.... im so eager to continue watching... if U could please help me once more.. thx
Episode 11 should air this Tuesday in japan.

xhoochiex

Post by xhoochiex » Jun 24th, '08, 13:18

I liked the ending ah damn one less thing to watch and I'm running out of things to watch lols. About episode 11-
Hahaha I found the part where Namikiri tries to stop the guards to be funny. He looked like a raving lunatic one second and then the next second he was on the floor. Oh and the part where Riiko tells all her coworkers that Night is actually a robot but nobody believed her. And finally the last part where the landlady mentions that she knew Night was Riiko's boyfriend all along. Now I just got to wait for the subs to understand all of it. Too bad they didn't include the ring thing from the manga but I guess a computer chip is equivalent enough.

tedybery

Post by tedybery » Jun 24th, '08, 13:24

xhoochiex wrote:I liked the ending ah damn one less thing to watch and I'm running out of things to watch lols. About episode 11-
Hahaha I found the part where Namikiri tries to stop the guards to be funny. He looked like a raving lunatic one second and then the next second he was on the floor. Oh and the part where Riiko tells all her coworkers that Night is actually a robot but nobody believed her. And finally the last part where the landlady mentions that she knew Night was Riiko's boyfriend all along. Now I just got to wait for the subs to understand all of it. Too bad they didn't include the ring thing from the manga but I guess a computer chip is equivalent enough.
How's the ending? similar to the manga?

RoosterMcTey

Post by RoosterMcTey » Jun 24th, '08, 15:37

Zettai finale is up!!!

Part 1:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14268887ppJ3XSht?rank=0&

Part 2:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14268893SxbXsEAN?rank=0&

Uploaded ever so quickly by the wonderful RuiYorozuka, so praise if you give it a watch!!

MWA!

crisdrag

Post by crisdrag » Jun 24th, '08, 16:45

last spisode:
Well, You don't have to speak Japanese to understand this ep..... It was so sad, I don't remember the last time when I cried so much watching a drama!!
It was an ending like in the manga, and Riiko was sweet to him.
I don't know what to watch again....so sad it's over....i really enjoyed this drama although Riiko annoyed me several times...

idyanie

Post by idyanie » Jun 24th, '08, 17:02

where can i watch this or download this other than veoh?i can't watch videos on veoh anymore :-(

Izuno

Post by Izuno » Jun 24th, '08, 19:08

It's gone. The video is removed. It was just working too, but I had to restart my browser because I downloaded the Veoh TV. Is there anywhere else we can watch it?

PureLife007

episode 11

Post by PureLife007 » Jun 24th, '08, 19:28

Just when I finished watching episode 10 (which was real sad, i teared) episode 11 stops working.. Now I've got to wait even more!!!

BAKKKKAAAAAAAA!! :cussing:

rurounimon

Post by rurounimon » Jun 24th, '08, 21:13

Awwww sad. I was waiting for the final episode to come out, and I guess I missed my chance on Veoh!! I can't find it anywhere else either :(

早く見たい!

RoosterMcTey

Post by RoosterMcTey » Jun 24th, '08, 21:55

einenrauchen

Post by einenrauchen » Jun 24th, '08, 22:05

is the final episode longer than the rest?

PureLife007

Post by PureLife007 » Jun 25th, '08, 00:23

Part 1 doesn't seem to want to work for me, but part 2 is fine..

O well, guess i'll just have to watch part 2 and feel half satisfied :roll

rurounimon

Post by rurounimon » Jun 25th, '08, 00:34

There are some up on Veoh again.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14272132CqAWNSGX

Oh man... on the final episode:
I couldn't help but cry like a silly little girl the entire episode. I knew what to expect, but still couldn't help it! Even though Night's body was in the process of shutting down, he didn't want to worry anyone and acted like normal. He has got to be one of the best characters ever in all of JDrama! It's sad that only in the end does Riiko realize she should have treated Night more kindly! They only had one real date :(. そんな素敵な彼氏がいるかな?Do boyfriends like that exist?

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jun 25th, '08, 00:58

That Veoh account? Is it the reincarnation of RuiYorozuka?!

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 25th, '08, 01:08

Its on the tracker now.

PureLife007

Post by PureLife007 » Jun 25th, '08, 01:33

Man, such an emotional ending... I got so teary..This is a drama i'll forever have close to my heart man... Great story, great cast, oh man *tears*

Meecha

Post by Meecha » Jun 25th, '08, 08:36

oh my , ZK has ended :-(
i will miss my tuesday anticipation of ZK :cry:
the finale
this has got to be the best episode of the whole show!
i luv all the cute moments RiikoxNight, but I knew that they were giving us
sweet scenes because there will be tragic moments in the end :cry:
but Night, you were supposed to live forever with Rikko, why suddely died like that ><i><
since their relationship just really begin to look like real couple, when Riiko said he was her only bf
but can anyone explain to me whatever happened to his IC Chip?
i :heart: ZK
never thought i would like it this much when i first started watching ep 1
but it stole my heart in this episode :wub:
definitely my top 5 fav dramas ever :wub:
any chance for a special? :unsure:
i want more Nights :hissy:

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Jun 25th, '08, 08:44

woah..i still downloading it right now...

it is my fave dorama this year..

love hiro, moco, riko...

can u tell me ending story of this dorama??

tedybery

Post by tedybery » Jun 25th, '08, 10:15

What happened to Soshi?

rainbowseason

Post by rainbowseason » Jun 25th, '08, 12:15

T______________________________________________T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg can't be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jun 25th, '08, 12:58

aww could someone spoil me please? XDD...

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 25th, '08, 14:32

tedybery wrote:What happened to Soshi?
Soushi and Riko went to Paris together after Night died. Night told her to go to paris and he likes her smiling and wants her to keep smiling. Geez it makes me teary just re-thinking Night's message to her.
I don't know if they will make a special. If they do, it would be a lot of flashbacks.

My take on what happened to Night's system
Night's system was starting to malfunction because he was processing too many human emotions which the computer couldn't process and finally over heated. After he got to rest and Riko kissed him, he got to rest and had time to control the heat problem. (This happened in the manga too but they had sex. This is tv ^^;) Then Night's main IC started to fail. I think due to the heating system problem earlier? If the CPU heats up, it will stop working, that's why computers need fans to cool it down. Narimiki can't do anything about it because the CPU is like Night's brain/soul. If it's breaks down, replacing it won't be the same. He can add more memory, he can add battery but he can't add CPU. So Night died.

gamblewithd3sire

Post by gamblewithd3sire » Jun 25th, '08, 14:35

OH MY GOD.

lol i didn't really like it!
how he just suddenly had to die like that..!
but i was actually surprised (since i'm a Soshi fan) that i'd be teary over Night's 'death' and Riiko's crying to it.

so she finally decides to go to Paris with Soshi....well they could've at least shown her showing a little more love to him. hahahaha

76xhxh

Zettai Kareshi OST

Post by 76xhxh » Jun 25th, '08, 16:48

Hi! Anyone know where to get the Full OST for Zettai Kareshi. I heard it was out but i could not find it. Can anyone please help. Thanks a lot!

SOGBA

Post by SOGBA » Jun 25th, '08, 21:16

when will episode 10 and 11 be subbed????

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 25th, '08, 21:23

SOGBA wrote:when will episode 10 and 11 be subbed????
Ugh, When they're ready. 10 is released.

I thought episode 10 was better than the last couple of episodes. Knowing me, I don't think I'll cry massively like the other dramas I've seen because well, Taiwanese and Korean dramas have made sadder dramas. xD I'm used to them.

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 26th, '08, 02:20

Usually I watch this show hardsubbed, but they released a softsub for ep 10 so I was wondering if anyone here knew where I could download the raw file direct? BT doesn't work for me.

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Jun 26th, '08, 02:35

i didnt watch espisode 11 yet, but after finish watching espisode 10, i was hoping that, even though they try to delete his memory, they wont be able to!! heheeh!!

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jun 26th, '08, 02:50

I can't wait to watch now :D

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jun 26th, '08, 02:57

please be careful about posting spoilers. use our 'spoiler' tags. thanks for your understanding.

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Jun 26th, '08, 03:18

Kookie315 wrote:Usually I watch this show hardsubbed, but they released a softsub for ep 10 so I was wondering if anyone here knew where I could download the raw file direct? BT doesn't work for me.

you can download the raw file directly from here: http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/

but you need to join it with Hjsplit

daisyamapi

Post by daisyamapi » Jun 26th, '08, 12:56

this dorama is ver2 very good!!
i love naito-kun

in the end...naito n riko picnic desu...ureshiiiiiiiiii
playing freesbee...gya..naito still sick n just have 53 % powerless..

sad ending coz naito kun must die, just leave chip's of naito n riko-chan watching the last video (hixx.hix..)
luv ya naito kun!! (naito kun don't go..........onegaishimasu)

but in the end soushi n riko going to paris...

i hope this dorama will continue with SP...

okaeri riko

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Jun 26th, '08, 13:39

Yaaahhhh!!!! daisyamapi !!!!!!
Spoiler tags T------------------------T

seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by seirin » Jun 26th, '08, 16:07

here's some streaming clips posted on baidu for zettai kareshi last ep promotion I think.
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=419074406

daygolove

Post by daygolove » Jun 26th, '08, 18:47

Anybody know where I can watch ep11 with english sub?

Kookie315

Post by Kookie315 » Jun 26th, '08, 21:30

I don't think the last episode's subs are out yet.

hrsaky

Post by hrsaky » Jun 27th, '08, 04:49

i've watched this drama this morning.~~~ i was moved!!!
the ending is very moving~~~
hiro is coooooooooool!!!!! and saki is so cute~~~

Ov3rs3as

Post by Ov3rs3as » Jun 27th, '08, 15:01

When is sars coming with ep10?

hanashi

Post by hanashi » Jun 27th, '08, 15:21

I'm dying to watch finale episode.....! (ToT)

Samjessa

Post by Samjessa » Jun 27th, '08, 20:43

Just watched ep 11 without subs, but wasn't as hars as I thought (wanted to watch the beginnig only, but I ended up watching it till the end)
Although I didn't really get, what the problem was with Knights chip.... was it from the tried restoration in ep 10?
Anyway, nice.... in the end I liked Knight unexpectedly, since I hated him so much in the beginning.

sweetpink

Post by sweetpink » Jun 28th, '08, 18:17

just finished watching ep 10 and loved it. i was really getting bored with this series, it seemed too predicatable, i didn't like the acting very much and the bakery aspect of it wasn't that interesting. but this episode really got to me. riiko is finally showing more affection towards night. he seemed more real, his expressions and interactions with riiko had more emotion and that hug near the end totally won me over. can't wait the last episode! i'm still cheering for night x riiko but she'll probably end up with soshi.

Maho-chan

Post by Maho-chan » Jun 29th, '08, 05:02

Samjessa wrote:Just watched ep 11 without subs, but wasn't as hars as I thought (wanted to watch the beginnig only, but I ended up watching it till the end)
Although I didn't really get, what the problem was with Knights chip.... was it from the tried restoration in ep 10?
Anyway, nice.... in the end I liked Knight unexpectedly, since I hated him so much in the beginning.
Honestly i still hate him even to the end it was a great show but maybe if someone ele played Night i would think differently i don't really think so but it's just a thought .

awwww machines

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jun 29th, '08, 11:03

I saw ep 10, and I just finished reading the manga, Gosh its so different the manga and the drama, everything is different!! They just used the same character names and changed the entire story from the manga! I wonder what Watase sensei thinks abt that. Has anyone read the manga?

Anyway, I actually disliked Naito kun intensely too and really liked soushi, but after reading the manga I am crazily in love with Naito, and now I don't dislike the Naito in the drama as much!! But I think too if someone else played Night, I might have a different opinion... I think this actor is actually not as handsome as he is supposed to be(in the manga). Though off my head I can't think of any actor who is as good looking as he is portrayed in the manga. Watase sensei draws him really good too, he looks a lot like Tamahome (from Fushigi Yuugi, another manga of hers).

The last part of ep10 was really sweet cos Night was acting more human too, I didn't like his robotic actor, and also, Riiko's sudden change of heart is a little too unbelievable imo. I recommend everyone read the manga, you can read it from onemanga.com, it is really really good.

rurounimon

Post by rurounimon » Jun 30th, '08, 06:20

jesamine wrote:I saw ep 10, and I just finished reading the manga, Gosh its so different the manga and the drama, everything is different!! They just used the same character names and changed the entire story from the manga! I wonder what Watase sensei thinks abt that. Has anyone read the manga?

Anyway, I actually disliked Naito kun intensely too and really liked soushi, but after reading the manga I am crazily in love with Naito, and now I don't dislike the Naito in the drama as much!! But I think too if someone else played Night, I might have a different opinion... I think this actor is actually not as handsome as he is supposed to be(in the manga). Though off my head I can't think of any actor who is as good looking as he is portrayed in the manga. Watase sensei draws him really good too, he looks a lot like Tamahome (from Fushigi Yuugi, another manga of hers).

The last part of ep10 was really sweet cos Night was acting more human too, I didn't like his robotic actor, and also, Riiko's sudden change of heart is a little too unbelievable imo. I recommend everyone read the manga, you can read it from onemanga.com, it is really really good.
Awww, I thought Hayami Mokomichi did a great job as Night! There aren't many Japanese actors that are as tall as him, and he has a great body and smile. Also... all of Yuu Watase's men characters look the same: shave off the hair and there won't be much of a difference

GomiMomi

Post by GomiMomi » Jun 30th, '08, 19:50

:-)
Last edited by GomiMomi on Mar 11th, '10, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jun 30th, '08, 22:23

Oh no, the ending must be similar to the manga then :( I'm so sad already!! I can imagine how the ending would be, I was really sad and depressed after reading the end of the manga.

InoueOrihime

Post by InoueOrihime » Jul 1st, '08, 19:35

I just got done watching the last episode.. oh yes I was fighting the tears!! ;-; Which is really odd. I hated Naito at the start of the show and almost through the entire drama. I just started liking him about an episode or two ago..

But, since I liked the drama so much I now have to get my hands on the manga!! Everyone keeps saying how diffrent it is so I gotta read it now ^^

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 2nd, '08, 02:12

Oh my, I didn't cry at all through the whole series. And I'm a cryer. I did get a little teary-eyed but not to the point where I had to wipe it away. Very good series though, I thought it was great. I laughed alot during it and it made me want to watch more Japanese series. I'll probably watch just one every season from now on though, not a whole lot, I love the sadness of my Korean dramas. ;]

Eden

Post by Eden » Jul 2nd, '08, 02:38

Strange. The beginning of the last episode was kind of a surprise for me, but the overall ending of the series was pretty much how I predicted it to be. I still really love this series though.

LMF_

Post by LMF_ » Jul 2nd, '08, 03:30

The first few episodes I wanted Izawa to go with Soshi but as the episodes went along, it was hilarious and Night x Izawa was good.

Ojou_Belle

Post by Ojou_Belle » Jul 2nd, '08, 04:10

Hi, I think you can try looking for the Manga version of Zettai Kareshi on OneManga.com. I cried buckets reading it...imagine!? I never thought I'd cry reading a manga and I cried buckets!

melonyhappy

Post by melonyhappy » Jul 2nd, '08, 05:51

I wasn't a great fan of the manga, but for some reason I was hooked to this drama...
There were parts of it I found very cheesy/fake (the whole explanation of free will/ science explanations made me role my eyes a bit)
I think it would be fun playing the character Night. His behavior caused me to laugh several times... I found it interesting that he displays his emotions so well... and it really contrasts to how the Japanese society in general suppresses displays of affection
I can't believe i cried... but I'm really satisfied with the ending. it's one of the most enjoyable dramas I've seen yet.

jesamine

Post by jesamine » Jul 2nd, '08, 11:29

I just finished watching the last episode, how sad!! But it was surprisingly not as sad as the manga, I was really in tears reading the end of the manga. Like 1 of the posters, I too didn't like Night initially in the drama and wanted Izawa to be with Soushi but the last 2 episodes (and also after reading the manga!!), I really liked Night a lot, especially as he started to display a bit more expression and emotion towards the end. But for a lover robot, I think there wasn't that much love scenes in it. The manga has quite a lot of kissing and more!

Sigh, poor Night!!

salsal

Post by salsal » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:02

same here, very sad T_T

looking for the ost now..~

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jul 2nd, '08, 20:27

During the last episode, I was strangely reminded of the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz who finally got a heart :mrgreen:

exige

Post by exige » Jul 3rd, '08, 02:35

wow one of my favorite dramas!!

but oh yeah, i really like what soshi was wearing in the last episode, like his shirts. you know what brand or style i should look up? its kind of like a v-neck i would guess, and slim jeans, and then chucks right?

Ov3rs3as

Post by Ov3rs3as » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:43

Havent seen the last episode though..but 10 got me teary :-(
When he left with those men. and also the overheating scenes..just too good!!

Jillibean

Post by Jillibean » Jul 3rd, '08, 15:27

I kind of disliked Night as well, but in the last few episodes, he was just downright adorable :-)

I have read the manga, and I don't really remember how it ends, but I do remember that it didn't make me cry.

But, unexpectedly, I cried my eyes out during the last episode! It completely caught me off guard!

Anyway, good series! :)

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Jul 3rd, '08, 17:53

The way Night died was peaceful in a way. Throughout the whole series, Night has been very considerate, gentle, kind, supportive, and tried his very best at winning Rikko's love. He tried his very best to live, imo. He has a simple wish - to see Rikko smile and be happy.

From "seeing him as just an appliance" to "someone important" ... Rikko annoyed at Night most of the times to finally warming up to him and accepting him as her boyfriend ...

which is why it was so heart-wrenching for Night to die!!! Even when he was about to die, he accepted it and was considerate and kind toward the very end.
sigh. death is not normal and is such a sorrowful thing. D:
On the other hand, Mika's character was poorly developed, no?
Last edited by Kathstandsalone on Jul 7th, '08, 07:53, edited 1 time in total.

srs.cassiopeia

Post by srs.cassiopeia » Jul 4th, '08, 12:06

i wonder what soshi's motokano (ex) was referring to whenever she tried to tell riko and night about what soshi did 3 years ago... this happened twice in the series, and soshi always stopped her from going further in the story.. it's just weird that they emphasized it too much, but didn't give it any closure in the end.

just noticed it. =)

other than that, i so loved the series. i so loved how it ended, and how night approached it. it's simply a heartwarming drama that would make anyone's heart melt and appreciate love in its purest form. it was the perfect balance of comedy and romance.