When It's At Night (MBC, 2008)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
mikomiko123

When It's At Night (MBC, 2008)

Post by mikomiko123 » Jun 17th, '08, 02:54

When It's At Night also known as Every Night / When Night Comes

>>> Dramawiki

I am a big Kim Sun Ah fan! I am very excited. It airs on June 23 XP.
Kim Sun Ah will be highlighting her "sexiness", meaning she will not be the same as the fat Kim Sam Soon.
I hope this drama would be FUNtastic!!

(Note: I searched for this kdrama, but found no existing discussion thread.)
Last edited by mikomiko123 on Jul 9th, '08, 01:34, edited 2 times in total.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jun 18th, '08, 07:47

I'm also looking forward to this series.
There's plenty of discussion around this drama on soompi.com, also plenty of pictures. :)

I'm wondering how Lee Dong Gun will pull through, so soon after the death of his brother. In the behind the scenes photos and the drama presentation, he still lookshorrible, as if he's too tired to think staight. I admire him for picking up his life after such a devastating blow and do something as difficult as acting in a drama series... I just hope he won't push himself too hard.

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Jun 20th, '08, 01:58

kanshu wrote:I'm also looking forward to this series.
There's plenty of discussion around this drama on soompi.com, also plenty of pictures. :)

I'm wondering how Lee Dong Gun will pull through, so soon after the death of his brother. In the behind the scenes photos and the drama presentation, he still lookshorrible, as if he's too tired to think staight. I admire him for picking up his life after such a devastating blow and do something as difficult as acting in a drama series... I just hope he won't push himself too hard.
Do you know where I can get the first episode? I want to watch it! lolz

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 20th, '08, 02:02

I don't think it aired yet... The soompi thread would have already posted a clubbox link.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 20th, '08, 03:02

It starts on Monday.

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Jun 22nd, '08, 03:13

Puppet Princess wrote:It starts on Monday.
Yeah. I somehow got the info wrong. :mrgreen:

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Jun 22nd, '08, 09:10

Wow, thank you for the thread, it seems indeed quite interesting and funny ! hehehe

jiaya_nis

Post by jiaya_nis » Jun 25th, '08, 08:17

i read that only hardsubs are going to be released.. im sad coz i was hoping it would be softsubs.. and is there someone whose gonna upload the RAW file here in the d-addicts?

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 25th, '08, 09:31

jiaya_nis wrote:i read that only hardsubs are going to be released.. im sad coz i was hoping it would be softsubs.. and is there someone whose gonna upload the RAW file here in the d-addicts?
I don't think someone will upload the RAW files since BON will release only Hardsubbed version for both When It's at Night & Gourmet..

Suoth

Post by Suoth » Jun 25th, '08, 10:27

arabian wrote:
jiaya_nis wrote:i read that only hardsubs are going to be released.. im sad coz i was hoping it would be softsubs.. and is there someone whose gonna upload the RAW file here in the d-addicts?
I don't think someone will upload the RAW files since BON will release only Hardsubbed version for both When It's at Night & Gourmet..

Suoth

Post by Suoth » Jun 25th, '08, 10:29

Hello there, I'm glad that the subs are hardsubs, Hardsubs are easyer when you watch with a divx player

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Jun 25th, '08, 17:22

PYON Fansubs will release the softsubs.

jiaya_nis

Post by jiaya_nis » Jun 26th, '08, 12:14

really? where can i download the RAW file then and its subs if it comes out?

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 26th, '08, 12:35

jiaya_nis wrote:really? where can i download the RAW file then and its subs if it comes out?
u can found the RAW files at WITHS2 CB.. http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 26th, '08, 13:25

mikomiko123 wrote:
PYON Fansubs will release the softsubs.
PYON Fansubs? This is news to me.

jiaya_nis

Post by jiaya_nis » Jun 26th, '08, 14:05

that's the thing.. i cant download through clubbox.. and is PYON fansubs a new subbing team?

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 26th, '08, 16:46

jiaya_nis wrote:that's the thing.. i cant download through clubbox.. and is PYON fansubs a new subbing team?
Tthen try this site, it's a DDL.. http://www.aigoo.withs2.net/when-its-at-night/

Edit: what's wrong with me posting links for Iljimae :P chaning to when it's at night :D
Last edited by arabian on Jun 27th, '08, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Jun 27th, '08, 02:19

jiaya_nis wrote:that's the thing.. i cant download through clubbox.. and is PYON fansubs a new subbing team?
Yes, its unlikely that we will start on time, our only Korean Translator is on vacation, we are desperately looking for a new one. :lol

Oh well, there is the hardsubs from BON, I dont think it would make any difference. BON's subs are top notched! XD

Danger Ghost

Post by Danger Ghost » Jun 27th, '08, 14:02

OMG~~it's seems like really a greet drama :wink: ..

i have the O.S.T if any one want it .....

it's *Full album with 12 tracks. Encoded at 320kbps*

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Jun 28th, '08, 04:04

Danger Ghost wrote:OMG~~it's seems like really a greet drama :wink: ..

i have the O.S.T if any one want it .....

it's *Full album with 12 tracks. Encoded at 320kbps*
Omo! Omo! I want it.

Please link me or email it to me at sai_gomaster@yahoo.com or PM it to me. Your choice. Anyways THANK YOU SO MUCH!

arabian

Post by arabian » Jun 28th, '08, 08:10

It's better to post the OST on the forum & share it.. 8)

WHEN IT'S AT NIGHT
OST DOWNLOAD LINK (12 SONGS)
FORMAT: MP3
SIZE: 61MB

1. Title I - Various Artists
2. 밤이면 밤마다 I - Various Artists
3. 사랑탐험 - 부가 킹즈 (Buga Kingz)
4. 내 꿈이여 - 엠투엠 (M to M)
5. Happy Rain - 올리버 (Oliver)
6. 우습지 - SG 워너비 (SG Wannabe)
7. 사랑탐험 (Instrumental) - Various Artists
8. 내 꿈이여 (Instrumental) - Various Artists
9. Happy Rain (Instrumental) - Various Artists
10. 우습지 (Instrumental) - Various Artists
11. 밤이면 밤마다 II - Various Artists
12. Title II - Various Artists

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMF6Z8T6 (credit to elaiine)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ln3q33 (credit to cococrust)>> not MP3 files

sungie

Post by sungie » Jun 28th, '08, 09:42

mikomiko123 wrote: PYON Fansubs will release the softsubs.
I love them for doing that!
When it comes to k-dramas I prefer soft subs :)

I have the RAWs already but haven't yet watched 'em.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 1st, '08, 13:21

Synopsis for episode 3...
I don't understand any Korean language so any of my guesses at the dialogue are most likely completely off. I solely depend on body language and tone of voice...
KBS invites his new colleagues to dinner (I think it's an expensive traditional restaurant? The place is huge.). He's trying to suck up to everyone. HC asks him how he came to the painting (the one from last episode) and KBS makes up some story about him being contacted by the thief/seller, and then fighting bravely against the guy (I guess when KBS - in that fantasy story of his - refused to pay for the painting?), and in the end he wins and gets the painting. Everyone is impressed, except for HC, who asks him about how the thief looked, and the rest of the team chimes in. Needless to say that KBS is in a defensive position now... More nasty looks from KBS toward HC, and HC looks as if she wants to say "See, told you that guy's a fraud".

Some time later, KBS and HC meet in the garden (I guess that HC or KBS went potty or something), and they have a brief conversation, in which HC says something that, by the tone of it, sounds like a "Not on my watch" thing. KBS grabs her by the arm and says something, but HC will have nothing about it and smacks KBS on the chest so he lets go. She leaves, royally miffed, while KBS is approached by the other lady in the team (forgot her name... so I call her Lady M for now), That Lady M apologizes to KBS for HC's rudeness. KBS seems embarrassed/unsettled... but he quickly turns on his usual charms again and whispers some "big secret" about HC to Lady M. That guy sure fights dirty.

The next day, the "big secret" makes it round, courtesy of Lady M. Consequently, when clueless HC shows up for work, the other female workers turn their back on her.

Cut to KBS, who makes himself comfortable in the team leader's office... resting his legs on the table. The two guys have a chat. KBS seems to complain to the team leader about HC, I think. The TL asks something, but KBS' mobile saves him from answering. It's the museum boss from last episode.

Cut to HC, who talks to her department boss (I think she's complaing about KBS? or is she talking about a case? not sure.) who seems to forbid her to do something... HC doesn't look very happy.

Cut to KBS, who is in the museum boss's office, sucking up by talking about some scroll that the museum boss shows him. Enter HC and her department boss. More nasty glances between HC and KBS. The museum boss tells them something (I guess about a valuable piece) and KBS cheerfully volunteers to take the job. The museum boss asks who will accompany KBS (I think) and HC, smelling impending disaster, volunteers to assist KBS, much to everyone's surprise and to KBS dismay. That smirk of his is priceless.

Cut to KBS telling the news to his colleagues (that guy's really milking for attention whenever he gets the chance!), and he apparently uses the chance to discredit HC. Lady M seems to volunteer to help him instead, but the other colleagues don't seem to think that's a good idea. Unfortunately for KBS, HC overheard part of the conversation.
Meanwhile, KBS has a flashback to meeting the museum echelons and does some thinking (probably about the case?) when he's ripped out of his thoughts by HC, who very friendly asks him about something, apparntly catching him on the wrong foot once more. He comes up with an answer that draws laughter from the colleagues. More nasty looks between KBS and HC. If friendliness could kill, KBS would be dead now, courtesy of HC. While KBS and HC leave (apparently to start the assignment), the colleagues gossip.

Cut to the highway, where KBS and HC drive in KBS smart white sports car. KBS is on the phone nonstop, talking to all kinds of people (basically showing off "look how important I am!"), while next to him, HC is getting more and more annoyed...
Still in the car... unfortunately for KBS, the person he's talking to hangs up on him (or the connection is interrupted?), and KBS starts talking to HC (who is still annoyed). The two trade more barbs, and when HC seems to hit a sore spot, KBS veers the car (why is he using violence whenever he's in a corner? Sore looser, that guy!), making HC even more angry. KBS thinks he's really cool as he blabs on, but all he manages is to piss off HC even more. Fortunately for KBS, she has no laser beams in her eyes... But I fear for his health if he keeps this up. The guy's tempting a saint.

Cut to the team examening a crime scene (there's a lot of antique stuff there, a smuggler? Illegal collection?). TL is on the phone, and Lady M sees her chance to get a piece of the action rather than being forced to take notes on her notepad... she seems to ask the TL if she can be teamed up with KBS... the TL asks why (seems he asks if she has a crush on KBS?) and Lady M laughs and tells some story that makes the TL laugh. Some higher echelons show up, completely ignoring the TL's greeting.

Cut to the countryside, where it's pouring. HC talks to two of her colleagues, they discuss the case, it seems. (The colleagues are placed much better now, actually doing their job rather than taking up airtime. Seems that the writers/director clamped down that problem!) The colleagues are not happy, but HC, all smiles, points out that the famous, wonderful Professor KBS is sitting right there and sure will be glad to assist. The colleagues beam.

Cut to KBS and HC standing in some sort of library, where it looks like a tornado hit. Scrolls are all over the place. KBS is somewhat dismayed, and HC tells him very sweet and gentle, what he has to do (apparently, he's to sort through the scrolls and find out if there's something valuable?). KBS is not pleased at all, but HC leaves and KBS gives in to his fate. Oh the sighs he's heaving! It doesn't help much that the two colleagues are having a quick snack in front of the window and leave him alone as well, after some remarks (I guess it's about him being an expert or something), but it's pretty clear that whatever they said keeps KBS from wiggling out of the situation. More sighing, and KBS sits down amongst the scrolls. He's not looking happy. And thus starts the sufferings of KBS, he's looking through the scrolls (sad accordeon tango music in the background... pooooor KBS. Not!), but he's not finding anything of interest. Bored, he tosses the scroll he's holding behind him, but then he overhears some old guys talking. He's spotted by one of the old guys, who recognizes him and the old guys gather around KBS. Must be a fan club... Happy KBS, he has an audience now - and you can see the smile returning to his face.

Cut to HC, who is interviewed by some old, local newspaper(?) reporter guy, but she smartly blocks off his search for information. TL and the rest of the team arrive. The perils of Lady M in the rain! TL tells HC that Lady M wants to assist? KBS... and where's that guy, anyway? HC tells TL that she made him examine the scrolls... but when she arrives at the room, instead of KBS, it's the old men going through the scrolls, playing experts! At the same time, KBS returns with a snack, smugly saying something (I guess about the old men wanting to help?). HC is just speechless.

Cut to KBS sending away his fan club. When they have left, HC applauds (that's a very sarcastic applause). More barb trading, albeit a bit less agressive now... perhaps HC thinks KBS is not worth getting annoyed over?

Cut to the team having dinner. HC steals looks at KBS (not what you think, just the "OMG I wished this day was ober already"-type of looks). There's some intelligent, serious case-discussion, and HC uses the chance to dig another verbal hole for KBS. He tries to climb out of it, but the round goes to HC - again. Food arrives.
More conversation, this time initiated by KBS - I guess it's more talk about the case - but HC is left out of the conversation(?) as the males talk. HC looks a bit awkward/uncomfortable, but I think it's the topic that makes her uncomfortable... She excuses herself and leaves, everyone is surprised, especially KBS.

Cut to HC standing alone outside and watching over the green, eyes brimming with unshead tears...

Cut to Flashback to the past, where she tries to stop her father from leaving. Ah, the sadness... (I think, this show is really meant to be a parody, it's totally over the top at times.. but episode 3 so far is considerably better than 1+2, much less disjointed and good to watch even without understanding a thing.) Daddy leaves, and young HC is yelling after him... End of Flashback.

Cut back to the present, where HC is still staring at the green, while KBS comes out and sees her standing there. For a moment, we see a slightly different side of KBS. He wonders what she's doing (and I wonder if he went after her?... ah no..)... it seems that the dinner is over because Lady M shows up and KBS is back to his normal charming self. He's following Lady M, but only after casting a thoughtful/worried look at forlon HC...
(and it's half through the episode...)

Back at the office, HC walks in on the TL, who is on the phone with his daughter. HC has a really sweet smile on her face. She seems to like the TL (though at this point, it's unclear wether it's out of sympath for his situation, or something else), but the smile turns sad. The TL ends his call. HC asks him something. You can tell that the two of them are very comfortable around each other, it's a very good working relationship, they seem to have a lot of respect for each other. Ohhh... there seems to be a little bit more involved here... do I sense some flirting? HC is showing her more shy side as the conversation progresses (no idea what it is about)... but their talk is cut short when the TLs mobile rings and they are called out to a case.

Cut to a warehouse, where two of their colleagues are already waiting for them. It seems that Kim Sang was released, and he's greeted by his henchmen. He does that "cast away bad luck" ritual you have to do when you are being released from jail (I think he's stuffing his face with tofu?), but his bad luck is already breathing down his neck, in shape of the TL and HC...
Kim Sang is testing his luck further by mocking HC and the fact that she's female, but the TL steps in before the twerp gets a smack in the face. Alas, there's nothing the TL can do, so Kim Sang walks away laughing loud (That laughter sounds so false! Oh my.), leaving a frustrated TL, HC and two colleagues behind.

Cut to Kim Sang driving with his henchmen along some road, with the team's car on his tail. Kim Sang and his henchmen talk, and KBS's name comes up. Uh-oh....

Cut to KBS, who's sorting through his fan mail (the man loves attention), when the female co-presenter (I think they are preparing for the show?) enters the room. KBS invites her to sit on his lap, which she does. But before they can start a hanky-panky, some guy enters, and the co-presenter quickly escapes. KBS has the decency to look embarrassed, while the guy makes some comments (I guess it's about how lucky a man KBS is that all the girls like him?). But different from normally, KBs cuts the guy off and they go to business. KBS examines the painting that the guy brought, and there's some more conversation, while KBS is obviously fully concentrated on the painting. After some more conversation (where KBS is seemingly trying to milk some information from the guy), the guy whispers something into KBS ear (what is it with whispering in this show?), leaving KBS very surprised, and you can basically see how the wheels in his brain start turning when he figures out something.... but before more can be revealed, KBS is called (to stage for his show?) and the guy gets very nervous, though KBS seems to tell him to stay calm.

Cut to the office, where HC gets a dressing down by her department boss. HC is not a happy camper.

Cut to the ladies restroom, where the latest gossip gets spread while the ladies are powdering their noses... Apparently, the topic is about KBS and HC... (Now, why am I not surprised?)... unfortunately for the ladies, HC has overheard their conversation, and, already in a bad mood, warns the ladies in a low voice. HC walks out of the restroom, and you can tell she's really, really miffed, muttering KBS name. (If I was KBS, I'd book a ticket to a deserted island, like, now!)

Cut to the studio, where the rehearsal for the show just ended. Behind the scenes, KBS is approached by his co-presenter, and the two use the situation for some hanky-panky... only to be interrupted by - HC! Who is apparently out for revenge, because she starts an argument with the co-presenter-lady with KBS at a total loss at what to do. Of course, the co-presenter believes everything HC says. LOL! HC knows what she's doing. So hilarious! Now KBS has to look for a new plaything, and he got slapped, too. Point, set and match to HC, who is extremly amused and can barely hide her grin.

Cut to KBS and HC having a conversation in private. KBS is fuming, but HC just lets his anger bounce of and instead lectures him (something about a drama?). Their barbs continue. I think KBS is reaching a new low level of insults, if you go by HC's expression/reaction... just to bad that she bounces back his words and leaves him in the defensive position! KBS is on his way to lose another verbal fight, it seems... and something slips out! He stops talking... and HC's reaction is to calmly show him a voice recorder, where she has recorded their entire conversation! And thusly, God's Gift to Womankind was outsmarted once again by our lovely HC. Oh boy! KBS expression is priceless! HC is completely in control of that situation now, and leaves a dumstruck KBS behind who is so upset he talks to himself.
Comments: The show finally has a good feeling. It will never be an in-depth show, but a show that makes you laugh. It's clearly a parody, so some parts are over the top. The character interaction finally fits together snugly, which also goes for the side characters now. The TL guy has a very strong screen presence, while he came across bleak in the first two episodes. The plot still doesn't do miracles, but it's setting up the characters for things to come. There's a lot of nicely done characterization, i.e. the absurdity of KBS character comes across great.
This show doesn't seem to be made for subtleness, but if you look, there's a lot more subtleness than one might expect.

Cont. of synopsis...
Cut to a newspaper with an photo of KBS (made "unrecognizable"...or not... by a tiny black strip over his eyes), some headline (probably what KBS said to HC)... KBS reads it and is upset. The ladies from the museum all walk by and scold KBS, followed by the guys, and even the big boss scolds him, Lady M is in tears and the department boss scolds him as well... TL and the guys of team walk in...threatening KBS... looks like they are out for blood... and KBS shakes his head and fortunately, that was just his imagination running amok. He chases after HC, this is something he can't let happen!

Cut to HC leaving her Museum ID card at the museum's entrance, mumbling to herself about KBS, when the guy himself shows up, grabbing her by her arm to stop her from leaving (and again, KBS is physically agressive.. HC really should teach him a lesson at some point and sweep the floor with him). KBs tries to reason with her, but HC doesn't listen to his desperate words and is about to leave, when KBS drops one word (sounds like "pi-e-dam-jip"?), which makes her stop dead in her tracks. She turns around slowly while he's talking... and judging by her expression, KBs has opened a can of worms that should've better been kept close. KBS, in his arrogance, thinks he has something on her and the old confident smile is back... I think he wants her to delete the recording or he'll tell everyone about that pi-e-dam-jip thing/person. His victory is cut short when HC walks out on him without another word. (So much for KBS and blackmail. Try again, dude...) HC meanwhile, ran out with a troubled expression, but KBS can only see her back.

Cut to the street, where HC fishes for her mobile and calls someone (seems like she's issuing a warning?) and hails a taxi.

Cut to KBS, sitting over a glass of red wine at home, musing (and, for the viewer's convinience, muttering to himself) about what happened, but his conclusion doesn't answer his questions.

Cut to a restaurant, where HC is talking to a guy (I think that's the art trader guy from last episode) about pi-e-dam-jip and her father... I'd love to understand what is being said, this seems to be important dialogue. The conversation continues, and the background music changes to sad piano music (ah, the drama! *chuckles*). HC leaves the old man behind and walks home alone.

Cut to HC's little brother, who's burning his mouth while eating ramen. Enter HC. She starts a conversation about their father, but HC's brother doesn't like the topic. He puts down his chopsticks and says the two questions HC wants to ask about their father - before she can actually ask them -, one he answers with "Yes", the other with "No". It's pretty obvious that the topic if his father is a sore spot for the brother, and it clearly is something that still causes hurt to both siblings. (Someone should kill that piano player... there's over-the-top and there's overkill. This is definitely the latter!)

Cut to HC sitting on her bed and listening to voices of the past while staring at the photo of her family. She's very sad. (Methinks, KBS, lad, you really shouldn't have crossed that line... you're really going to be dead now.)
While the piano-music finally ebbs off, HC decides to use her time more productively and starts reading in some large file about artefacts. She has barely started, when her mobile vibrates happily into the silence. She takes it and when she reads who's the caller, her face scrounges (uneducated guess - it's probably KBS...) and she throws the vibrator mobile on the blanket...

Cut to KBS, who bristles over the fact that his call is being ignored. But he's true to himself and decides that he shouldn't try continuing to call her, but rather use the right timing. (Dude, haven't you learned anything?) He seems placated with his master plan, grabs his pillow, closes his eyes and leans back on his sofa (does he plan on sleeping there?), muttering something that sounds like "chamcham"... but the peaceful period only last about a second, because suddenly, his eyes fly open, he tosses the pillow aside and starts ranting again.

Cut to HC, who is getting annoyed over yet another call of KBS-dearest. She ignores his call, but if his intention was to try to negotiate something, I think he can forget about that, because she grabs her handbag and takes out the recorder, saying with an angry face "Kim Bum Sang".

Cut to KBS, who sneaks around HC's office the next morning, but instead runs into a lady called Lee Sun Young (according to her nametag), and reading the name from her name tag, he pretends to recall her name. He turns on his charming/flirting mode again to get some information from her, which the lady supplies... only to ask a question of her own, which has KBS baffled... and the lady leaves him standing there. It seems that HC's plan is in motion. KBS talks to himself again, seems that he's pushed neatly out of balance by whatever HC is doing.
His mobile rings, it's HC and he yells at her.

Cut to the outside of the museum. KBS comes running to HC, who is waiting for him in the yard. HC has the recorder with her and it seems like she wants to make a deal. KBS smells morning air and tries to dictate conditions (I think), but HC turns the tables on him by calling a newspaper(?). KBS panics and grabs her arm to stop her. Again, HC controls the situation, KBS is trying to show off he's cool and still thinks he can get in a chip, but it looks more like a sore looser than ever. They finally come to some sort of agreement. (I think he says he'll find her father, or something... his confidence in his abilities will get him flattened someday.)

Cut to some art shop. HC is waiting outside while KBS talks to the trader. It doesn't seem to be KBS' day...

Cut to some pool billiard place, where KBS talks to a pool player. But again, he's out of luck. Meanwhile, HC calmly stands by (or rather, plays pool), much to his annoyance.

Cut to some restaurant, where KBS meets another of his contact persons (the guy from earlier who met him in the studio). HC sits at the next table and pretends to read the newspaper, overhearing everything that is said. But instead of informations about HCs father, the contact gets out some painting (stolen, undoubtably), and KBS gets all panicky. Too bad that HC has noticed it... The contact person recognizes her and runs away in fear. I think that this is one guy that won't show up again. HC slaps KBS on the shoulder and tells him to get up. So far, all of KBS sources have not produced any results...

Cut to the two of them walking down the street. I think that KBS is slowly loosing his cool, he's out of options and he knows it. HC again has the upper hand in this scene, giving him an encouraging slap on the shoulder before she walks off. KBS bristles, but has no other choice but following her.

Cut to a golf place, it's Kim Sang practicing his hit-off.

Cut to a parking lot, where the TL is on surveilance. Lady M shows up and hands him an envelope with information. TL and Lady M talk (no idea what they are talking about), when Kim Sang and his henchmen return to their car. Lady M finally gets her long-wanted action, when the perps drive off and TL follows. Car chase! Lady M ist almost wetting her panties, and TL hasn't just to deal with driving, but also with Lady M. She almost causes him to crash the car, and the perps manage to escape. Lady M stops screaming and pretends to be cool again, but I hope she got the message...

Cut to Bad Guy Central, where Kim Sang practices his Evil Laughter(Trademark applied for) again... He's talking to his henchmen, and everyone's having a great time. Kim Sang seems to have a sadistic streak, too. (Should prove interesting should KBS or HC ever fall into his hands...)

Cut to some restaurant, where HC and KBS have dinner. They have a conversation, and the tone has changed, KBS is much less arrogant than he used to be (and starved, too, telling by the way he digs in). They have some more conversation, but the peacefulness ends quickly when KBs starts his barbs again... Seems like the food revitalized him. HC, who was on her way to relax a bit around KBS (that's how it looked, at least), remembers why she hates the guy and leaves him... but not before telling him that there's something stuck in his teeth - he really falls for that, and once more he's forced to chase after her.

Cut to outside of the restaurant. It's raining again. But neither HC nor KBS came with an umbrella... Oh boy. Now KBS starts complaining like a spoilt kid. HC looks at him as if he has lost his mind. (What is he trying to do now, making her feel sorry? Appealing to her motherly instincts? He even pulls the seam of her jacket, like a kid... ) But Mommy HC isn't fazed the least by his attempts, and she's about to walk out into the rain, when suddenly, KBS drops the act, holds her back, reaches into his bag... and fishes out an umbrella! Now, that was unexpected! HC is about as surprised as I am, even more so when KBS hands her the umbrella and jogs off into the rain! HC seems to be touched that there's some nice side on KBS after all. That is, until she opens the umbrella, and it's broken. She mutters something about KBS, but when she sees him getting all soaked in the driving rain, her anger deflates a bit. But before she can muse any further on KBS, her mobile rings...

Cut to the next day, where the TL and two of his team are interviewing an old man (about Kim Sang, I guess). Lady M is there, too. TL leaves the three Stooges behind, and in the ensuing conversation (I think it's about how Kim Sang managed to escape), Lady M gets more and more nervous. I think she's afraid that her team mates find out what happened during the car chase... (but it also seems like TL kept silent about why they lost him!)

Cut to HC riding the train. She gets a text by KBS, which amuses her. She takes out the recorder (probably to replay his words to him over the phone?) but while she listens, it's not KBS voice but that of the old guy newspaper reporter. Something the reporter said and something from the conversation with KBS the previous day click together. Suddenly, HC has a flash of inspiration.

Cut to KBS, who is visiting the contact from the studio (the one chased away by HC the other day). The guy isn't pleased at all, but KBS still tries to get some information out of him. Instead, HC shows up. She's agitated and asks some questions, and KBS seems to confirm her information (I think). After some more questions, KBS finally comes to the same conclusion as HC.

Cut to the outside, HC and KBS are running to his car. They have a brief discussion (no barbs this time, they're talking business - or rather, job), and both enter the car.

Cut to the countryside, where the TL and one of his guys are asking the old man from KBS fanclub for information. They have a conversation, Kim Bum Sang's name comes up again, and whatever they talk about, it leaves the two investigators rather unsettled.

Cut to the car, KBs and HC are driving to whereever. HC's mobile rings. It's the TL, who is relaying the information he got from the old man to her.

Cut to TL, who is climbing into the team's car and off they are...

Cut back to KBS and HC. HC tells KBS to step on it, and he gladly obliges...Oi, you are not supposed to drive on the wrong lane and force other cars to evade, dude!

Cut to KBS and HC arriving at the museum. They rush in, but the door to the preservation room is locked. KBS tries to come up with a solution, but the employee from earlier (Lee Sun Young) shows up. She opens the room for her and KBS examines the letters he prepared from the old book. (And this time, he's actually wearing gloves!). Lee SY watches them, and she and KBS have some expert talk. HC either doesn't understand or her thoughts are elsewhere, because when KBS looks at her, she has that "I'm in a galaxy far far away" type of look in her eyes, staring at the table before she notices his sudden silence. There's a fleeting moment between KBS and HC, but then she snaps back to the task at hand. The door opens, and some guy with a suitcase enters, apparently a new employee? KBS and HC, having found nothing, leave (and leaving that suspicious guy and Lee SY alone? C'mon, it's so obvious!)...

Cut to ouside, KBS and HC are bickering again, but it's much less vitriol that before. HC seems to be incredibly tired, and she's not really up to her usual sharp tongue. Suddenly, KBS curator-friend shows up, and what the audience guessed turned out to be true, that other guy is a fake! We get a neat flashback of suitcase-guy, then the dynamic duo goes on the chase! They're chasing the guy, who is in the elevator, by running the emergency stairs dowstairs....

Cut to the parking level... The guy starts his engine and tries to escape, but HC steps in the path of his car and he has to break. KBS sees this. Suddenly, the guy steps on the gas and the car shoots at HC. She stands there, you can tell she's alternating between jumping and standing, but she remains standing, not willing to give in in this game of chicken. She has guts... KBS's eyes widen when he realizes that HC is going to be run over, the guy drives faster and HC figures that the guy won't break, and -
End of episode....
Comments: Much, much better than episodes 1&2. The plot turns are still fairly obvious, but the execution is much better. The actors have found their spot. The team is working as a team. Lady M and the TL got some great scenes, and I think that I'm an absolut goner for KBS vs. HC. Though it's apparent that HC is so fed up with KBS that she humors him (which his male ego doesn't like at all), the rank fight between the two are priceless.
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's episode now. And that end title song is still making me hum along....
Last edited by kanshu on Jul 3rd, '08, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 1st, '08, 14:06

Kanshu, that was a great synopsis! Are you going to continue doing this? If affirmative, I'll just wait here instead of at other sites.
Last edited by rambutan on Jul 1st, '08, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 1st, '08, 14:48

Glad you liked the synopsis. :)

I'm actually doing it for the soompi-community, but I thought cross-posting here couldn't do any harm. :) I'm going to write synopsis for episode 4, but I'm not sure about next week... I mean, doing a scene by scene synopsis like that one takes about 4 hours... But if I continue, I'll continue crossposting, too.

sungie

Post by sungie » Jul 1st, '08, 15:02

WIAN episodes synopsis with caps can be read here:
http://www.kpopit.com/?cat=95

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 1st, '08, 15:28

*sporfles* Nekkid seduction and... pregnancy?!? *snickers*
Oh boy, these two really know how to dish out verbal blows! I wished I could understand Korean language. :)

Thanks sungie!

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 2nd, '08, 23:19

Synopsis for episode 4...
I don't understand any Korean language so any of my guesses at the dialogue are most likely completely off. I solely depend on body language and tone of voice...
The episode starts off where we left KBS and HC last time, in the parking deck, with HC trying to stop the car of the Bad Guy. (NG here: The car stops fairly close to HC, but when the BG steps on the gas, he's suddenly much further away, giving time for...), KBS yells a warning, and jumps! - Taking HC with him, out of the danger zone. The car speeds away while KBS and HC crash to the ground. KBS yells at HC for pulling such a stunt, while HC still lies on the ground. (I'm not sure if she has injured herself or if she's just catching her breath, or if she's annoyed... probably all of the three.). KBS notices this and helps her sitting up, asking her in a concerned voice if she's injured. But HC doesn't react to his question, she's muttering something about "peppero" (does she mean "papers"?), and her expression now is all business. Still out iof breath, she gets up. KBS stares at her, not believing what's happening.
Cut to the scene of crime, where curious employees are held back by Museum security. Two of HC's team are at coming out of the room where the manuscript was stolen. They chew out the museum people and send them back to work. They have a concersation (probably about the case), and they are very angry/upset.
Cut to the inside of the room, where TL, Lady M and some others investigate. They team talks about the case.
Cut to somwhere else in the museum, where TL meets with the department boss. Kim Bum Sang's name is mentioned, and the museum's boss heaves a sigh. (To quote Shakespear: Something stinks in the state of Denmark...)
Cut to the outside of the museum. It's night. KBS sits at a table while his curator friend muses loudly about something. The friend asks KBS something, but KBS is in thoughts. During the rest of the conversation, KBS seems somewhat preoccupied. Suddenly one of the team shows up and calls the friend in for questioning (I guess). KBS is left behind, but he suddenly has an idea (or maybe he remembered something?), because he hurriedly grabs his jacket and gets up.
Cut to the team's office, where the department boss lectures HC. HC apologizes, but her boss rants on, asking questions. HC doesn't look happy. The boss leaves, patting HC's shoulder and saying something in an encouraging tone (I guess it's something along the line "be more careful from now on"). When he's gone, HC takes a moment to collect herself, heaves a sigh and turns around - and is startled by KBS who has been standing out of sight but basically right around the corner! No idea how much he overlistened.... but he seems to ask her what's going on. HC plays things down (I think), and instead goes back to secure ground - the job. But you can tell that she's a bit off balance. The talk between KBs and HC is cut short when her mobile rings - and it's apparent that KBS doesn't like what he overhears. When KBS is about to walk out of him, he stops hear, and KBS is getting annoyed (Seriously, dude, don't you learn at all?). The bickering starts at once, and KBS's remarks rile HC up so much that she goes "aigoo!" and almost smacks him... he follows her hand move with wide eyes, and HC actually shows nerves, resorting to shouting... (her nerves probably have vaporized by now, KBS is really tempting his fate, she's about to explode into his face any moment!). A very angry HC pushes past KBS...
Cut to the museum exit, where KBS leaves the place, muttering to himself before he makes a call to one of his contacts. KBS sounds pretty angry...
Cut to the contact's office where we see the other side of the conversation. The contact denies whatever KBS brought up, but KBS hangs up on the man. The contact is turning his attention to the customer at hand.... who is no other than our all favorite blondie Kim Sang! The two talk, and it seems that some evil plan is hatched. Kim Sang smiles a seedy smile....
Cut to the team meeting (consting out of two of the guys and Lady M), where everyone is deep in thoughts, exchanging heavy words with solemn faces... Lady M makes a comment, but I think that the serious thinking just went down the drain, and the topic switched to something else. Tsk, tsk... Lady M gets up, her mind made up and she makes an announcement, full of determination. The guys get up, too, staring at her in disbelief, and when one of the guys questions her, Lady M bristles, gives a snippy reply and walks out of the men, who stand there for a moment, still having very doubtful expressions on their faces before they follow her. Guess they know that nothing good will come out of this!
(The team's really doing a great job by now in gluing the scenes of KBs and HC together without letting the audience being bored. They are funny on their own devices.)
Enter KBS, who has waited for this chance to sneak into the empty office. He seraches through HC's desk and finds the recorder. KBS is relieved, and tries to figure out how he can delete the recording when he's startled by a noise. He spins around to find HC, who's sleeping, her head resting on a desk amongs stacks of CDs and video tapes. Time for KBS to breath another sigh of relief... he makes a few remarks about KBS, and erases the recording before putting it back into the drawer. He's about to sneak out of the office again when he stops, apparently having another of his ingenius ideas.

Cut to the Museum's cafeteria, where KBs and HC have lunch. HC asks him something. When he answers, he's back to his prior, superior self. You can basically tell he's giggling like a naughty school boy behind his earnest face. But HC is suspicious, she seems to know that he's up to something, and her look prompts KBS hold a short speech (definitely back to his old superior tones!), but HC doesn't swallow the bait. KBS keeps poking with more questions (I think, this time about her father?)... HC is very quiet and just eats her rice, while KBS continues to talk when she doesn't answer. When he pushes more, she finally answers, but it's not what he expects to hear, so he keeps on poking... HC is getting annoyed (she probably wishes that the guy just shuts his trap!), but KBS ignores the signs of danger... Until his last remark sends HC over the ende and she smacks down her chopsticks, turning heads of everyone else in the cafeteria! KBS looks at her, and then HC starts verbally retaliating, and within a few moments, they are in the midst of one of their arguments. KBS seems to enjoy himself, while HC is just pissed off. She slamms her hands on the table and issues a final warning (at least going by her body language), but KBS is too full of glee to stop it. At last, HC has had it and gets up, glaring at KBS... who mimicks her expression behind her back, muttering to himself (probably something about HC)...
Cut to the museom conference room, where the team (including KBS and the department boss, but minus TL) has to report to the museum's boss. The museum's boss lectures them, and everyone except for KBS of course, looks appropriately guilty. The museum's boss finishes his lecture and while everyone prepares to discuss the case, the door suddenly opens and TL enters. He dons his smart glasses and starts a neat Power Point presentation about their latest suspect - Kim Sang. Discussion about the case ensues. KBS brings up some points, earning brownie points with the team by flaunting his knowledge... Everyone is impressed except for HC.
Cut to the corridor after the meeting, where KBs and HC engage in some snipes and banter. They are joined by the department boss and the museum boss. The MB is all cheers and congratulates KBS, but what he says makes HC smile (KBS notices that and a worried expression washes over his face before me manages to cover up), and when the department boss chimes in, HC's smile turns into full fledged silent laughter for a moment, before she regains her usual calm looks. She seems to congratulate KBS (I think), and the boss persons leave them. As KBS and HC continue their walk through the corridor, HC can't contain her amusement any longer, but their conversation ends with KBS not answering to her last comment!
Cut to the Boracay establishment, where two of the team grill an emplyee for information. Apparently whatever they say doesn't leave much impression, so they resolve to more serious methods of persuasion... The guy with the scar on his stomach suddenly takes off his t-shirt! He shows off his Scar, and then even removes his belt! Ohhhhh boy! *snickers*
Cut to part two of the team, where the two guys help some shop keeper lady to move cantaloupes... but when they grill her, the lady breaks down into tears and causes an upheaval... time for damage control as the two guys try to sooth her!
Cut to TL and Lady M, who check the inventory of a trader (I think that's painting materials in that room). But while TL is busy going through lists with the trader, Lady M entertains herself by taking photos of herself with the camera of her mobile, posing in front of a movable screen... which she promptly pushes over. The trader's pissed and yells at Lady M... apparently the screen has valuable paper hung over it. Lady M tries to smile and look like she's not there at all, while the TL rolls his eyes and rubs the back of his head. (I feel so sorry for the poor guy!)
Cut to the room where Lee SY rules. She's getting interviewed by HC and KBS... KBS acts like he usually does and starts flirting with Lee SY. HC cuts the flirt short with some sweet words (I think she's hinting at Lee SY that here's something going on between KBS and herself?) In any case, KBS is miffed.
Cut to ouside of the restauration room, where KBS asks HC if, perhaps, she likes him (I guess he interpreted her eaction as jealousy). HC laughs at that, but KBS is fairly certain of his findings. HC does the only right thing, she agrees, and not only that, she starts hitting on KBS! He's startled and makes a step back. Obviously, that isn't the reaction he had expected. (Cheers for HC!!)

Cont...
HC grabs his face between her palms, as if she's about to force him into a kiss. (Love that expression of horror on KBS's face!) But instead of a kiss, she just shakes his head a bit (probably to help him reorganize his thoughs) and gives him her two cent about the situation before she turns and walks out on him. KBS hurls some comments after her, but her answer (love HC's expression in that scene) doesn't anything to make him look happier... so he just follows her. (And I really want to know what the dialogue of that scene is! Translation, anyone? Pretty please with sugar on top?)
Cut to the house of a guy that HC interviews (probably about the case), while KBS sits next to her, taking in the situation and making a quick visual check of the inventory. HC asks about a painting, but the guy's answer puzzles KBS. The dynamic duo leaves the guy.
Cut to the outside of the house. KBS and HC talk about the interview, and HC things it's a dead lead. KBS asks her if she found something strange (at least I think that's what he says), and talks about that painting. After calling her names, KBs elaborates about the painting (seems that it's not what the guy claimed it was). HC listens, in full detective mode now, asking questions and getting answers from KBS. (The scenes where they work together on a professional base is the only time when you can actually sense some sort of respect between the two...) But the conversation ends with some mocking comments by KBS (my guess he'd going on about that she should've known about the painting by herself).
Cut back to the office, where our luckless cantaloupe-movers moan over their war injuries (yes, carring fruits is hard work, guys!), when Lady M walks in, muttering to herself (probably about her stupidity). Duo Cantaloupe wonders why she's here. Instead of admitting her destructive ways, she starts talking about Kim Bum Sang & HC... More gossip ensues when Duo Cantaloupe offers their own thoughts... Lady M continues to dig her own grave...
Cut to TL, who's standing outside the guy's house with backup. They secure evidence. TL talks to HC and KBS. The TL sends HC and KBS off to gether more information (I think), and HC is not very happy about having to spend more time with KBS. But being a good cop, she obeys her TL's orders and leaves the scene with KBS in tow. TL talks to Duo Striptease (Thank heavens, the guy put the t-shirt back on!), and HC stops he walk, looking back at TL with a longing expression (unsure if she's longing for TL, or if she'd like to stay at the scene of crime, or both). The look doesn't go unnoticed by KBS... but the focus is on TL now, who rings the guy's door bell and asks to be let in.
Cut to KBS and HC driving in KBS' car. HC stares out of the window, while KBS tries to engage in conversation (it sounds more like he's poking her, though). HC answers... I think they're talking about the case now because Kim sang's name is mentioned a few times. HC's looking amused, but her smile falls when KBS makes an observation. She looks like she's fighting tears, but she's keeping it up. KBS is too engrossed in talking to notice (or if he noticed, he doesn't show it) the sudden change in HC (even her voice sounds more fragile), so he drives and continues to talk to himself...
Cut to the guy's house. A hot pot is steaming on the oven, and the guy greets TL and Duo Striptease. What he says doesn't make the three guys happy at all.
Cut to outside of the house. The three decide to cut their losses and return to the office... but as they walk away, they are watched by the guy.
Cut to inside of the house. The guy sneaks into the room with the painting and removes it from the wall... turns out it hid the entrance to a secret passageway! We follow the guy down to a laboratory, where we meet... surprise! our favorite Blondie and his three henchmen. The guy and Blondie have a serious talk.
Cut to KBs and HC in the car. KBS is stepping on the brakes and comes to a stop with squealing tires. HC is on her mobile, talking to someone. KBS wants answers, but HC signals him to shut up. After HC finishes her phone talk, she and KBs have a conversation. KBS is clearly angry, while HC seems to treat him like an idiot. KBS steps on the gas, more tire squealing... yep, the guy's clearly miffed!
Cut to a street where the discussion between KBS and HC continues. While KBs walks on, HC suddenly sees Blondie and gang walking through a nearby street, and decides to follow him - unnoticed by KBS, who's still muttering angrily to himself... that is, until he wonders about the lack of response, turns around and finds her gone!

Cut to Kim Sang and his henchmen. HC is in persuit, but Blondie isn't stupid and figures out he's being followed. HC runs straight into his trap. No points for HC this time...
Cut to the office, where TL and Lady M are talking. It seems that Lady M makes some comments about TL and HC.... TL doesn't like it, but Lady M continues. (I think she wants to get HC and TL together so that she can hit on KBS... but that's just ar ally wild guess!) Whatever she says, in the end, she gives him an encouraging slap on the shoulder, says "Fighting" and leaves TL, who stands there stiffly, before turning around and looking after Lady M with an expression of "Okay, I don't believe what just happened here, she didn't seriously say that, did she?"... Hilarious! He's ripped out of his puzzlement by the department boss, who wants to know what's going on. TL explains, and the two talk, when TL's mobile rings. It's something about Kim Sang.
Cut to the outside of the office. It's evening, and TL and the department boss get out of their car. The walk into the office, where Kim Sang, HC and Duo Striptease are already waiting for them. Some talk ensues, and it seems like Kim sang threatens to complain about HC. Scar Guy blows a casket, which doesn't really help the situation. When Kim Sang wants to walk out, he's stopped by Tl who seemingly threatens him, but Kim Sang only laughs at them, throwing more insults at everyone as he walks out. The department boss orders HC to follow him into his office, where he yells at her. I think it's about her ruining their chances to capture Kim Sang by her actions. HC is close to tears, and apologizes, but then speaks up and states her side of things.
Cut to the corridor, where KBS runs into one of the team mates. KBS asks if HC has shown up, and the answer is yes. The team mate continues his way, and KBS lets out a long breath of relief. When he walks into the office, he overhears the continuation of the conversation from the previous scene between the department boss and HC. To prevent detection, he hides behind the door. The department boss holds a speech, and HC starts crying. Whatever the boss says, it also seems to strike a chord in KBS. The boss leaves, with KBS quickly side stepping from the door to hide from detection. He decides to leave, too, but he looks through the window into the boss' office and sees... HC crying. He leaves her to her tears and walks out. (HC's not bawling, just crying... fighting back her tears and trying to regain her composure...)
Cut to the outside of the museum, where KBS goes to his car. He seems to be thinking about what happened, but then he decides that it's none of his business (I think) and just drives off.
Cut to Bad Guy Central, where Kim Sang kills mosquitos with some electric tennis racket, while the false suitcase guy from last episode sits on the sofa and a henchman doing some phone talks. When the phone talks are done, some conversation goes on. (Sidenote: Blondie playfully uses the electric tennis racket to abuse his henchman). Kim Sang doesn't seem to be happy, so I guess we can expect more evils in the future...
Cut to the airport, where someone named Kim Heok Joung boards a plane to Tokyo (That name sounds familiar, I think KBS or HC mentioned it in one of their earlier conversations.).
Cut to the office, where TL gets the information that KHJ is leaving/has left the country. Things get suddenly very hectic!
Cut to KBS, who is sitting in his contact's shop. KBS is brooding, only half listening to what the contact says. It seems that HC's tears left a deeper impression than thought. The contact guy notices KBS distraction and wants to know if he's even listening. KBS says of course... the conversation continues, and whatever the guys says, KBS bristles and gets defensive, and finally leaves.
Cut to the office, where KBs is still musing over what his contact said. Unfortunately for him, he runs into lady M, who at once leeches on him. He tries to remain civil, but it's obvious that he doesn't really want to be there. Still, he endures it, and Lady M tells him the latest news about Kim Sang.
Cut to KBS in his office at the museum. His expression is getting darker and more worried by the moment. He looks outside the window and sees HC walking over the square. He comes to adecision and walks out of his office.
Cut to HC and the square. KBS shows up in his car and offers HC a ride. She's surprsed and it's clear she doesn't trust his sudden niceness. Before she can fasten her seatbelt, he steps on the gas, and we hear a surprised HC scream as the car speeds off.

Cut to TL's office. Enter TL, who brings coffee for himself and Chief No (department boss). They are talking about HC, it's a very serious conversation... I think they are also discussing the case. TL and Chief No seem to have a good working relationship, btw.
Cut to the prison, where a female prisoner is led into the communication room (that room where visitors can talk to prisoners). Her visitor is... TL!
Cut to KBS and HC, who are sitting in a street/staircase, slurping ice cream. It seems they are waiting for someone, and KBS is impatient, he seems to complain. HC explains something to him and he listenes with interest, before he asks a question that makes HC go "huh?"...and when he continues, she gets that "why am I even listening to that guy" type of expression she always gets when KBS talks nonsense. She continues sucking on her ice cream, when suddenly a, old woman with two kids comes walking up the stairs. The old woman sees KBs and HC and looks frightened. She asks them what they want (or who they are, I'm not sure).. HC gets up and KBS looks at her.
Cut to a small house with a yard. KBS is sitting on the porch, watching the two girls play "fishing". He smiles (one of the rare genuine smiles that KBS has so far managed!), but his expression changes when he hears the noise of the grandma crying. The camera shifts over to HC, who is talking to the grandmother. It's about the father of the kids... the grandmother seems to say that she hasn't seen her son (I think, or is he her SIL?), but the younger of the kids interrupts the play and says that it's not true, calling for dad who's in hiding to come out while the older kid tries to clamp her sibling's mouth. But it's to late!
Cut to a door bolting open and the dad storming out. He runs past HC and the grandma, HC calls out for KBS, who stretches out his leg when the guy runs past him, and consequently the guy stumbles over KBS's leg and falls flat on his face. (Uh.. yeah. Stupid, but effective, I guess. *chuckles*) KBS jumps up and bends the guy's arm to his back (where did he learn to do that?), and HC joins him, when the two girls call for their father. KBs and HC both have that "I'm feeling guilty now for arresting him" expression. Dad is mortified at being caught in front of his kids, and having to listen to them calling him.
Cut to HC leading the arrested guy along a walking way (I guess they go back to KBS's car). She's talking to Chief No on the mobile, reporting her arrest. KBS follows in a bit of a distance, trailing very slowly after them. He has stuffed his hands into his pockets and looks as if he's carrying the weight of the world. After HC hangs up, the dad asks her something, I guess he wants her to let him go. But HC apologizes to him and says she can't do that, and that they should keep on walking. Her expression is very serious, she sympathises, but she's doing her job. Just then, the kids come running after them, calling for their father. The grandma is running after themm telling them to stop. The kids run past KBS, whose expression scrounges even more. (Finally something that's tugging on his heartstrings! Oh the drama!) The older kid pleads with HC to let her father go, the father tries to make her shut up, but she keeps on crying and begging. HC's expression is a mixture of pity and dismay, her eyes say everything in her solmn face.
Cut to flashback, where Chief No listens to a young HC crying her heart out and begging for him to release her father, who's being led away by two officers. End Flashback... but the voice of HC's crying blends into the vice of the oldest daughter crying. (Very nicely done, it emphasises just how much HC can feel for the little girl!)
Cut back to the present, where the father kneels down to sooth his daughter. HC looks down at the two, unsure if she should break them up or if she should wait... a few steps away, KBS is seemingly having difficulties to bounce off this experience. (Methinks, he has a weak spot for kids...) While dad and daughter talk, HC's mobile starts rining. She's hesitating to pick up, looking between phone and dad a few times. Finally, she turns around, takes a deep breath and is about to pick up, when suddenly KBS walks over to her and gabs her arm, stopping her! While the phone keeps ringing, he talks to her, probably asking her to let the guy go. He's very serious, you can tell that this has shaken him up. HC replies as seriously that she can't do this. In the background, the smaller kid keeps calling for her dad. HC turns away from KBS and answers the phone. KBS stares at her with a mixture of anger and disbelief at her "cold heart". He doesn't see the tears that are brimming in HC's eyes as she tells the Chief where to pick them up.
Cut to a police car, where team mate Tummy Scar guy supervises how two cops put dad into the police car. After the car leaves, Tummy Scar guy walks back to HC, who thanks him for his help. KBS is standing some distance away, half-way between HC and his own car. He has still stuffed his hands into his pockets. Tummy Scar guy says good bye to KBS, and KBS slightly bows to indicate a good bye, too. He doesn't say a word, though. Tummy Scar guy climbs into his car and drives off, leaving HC and KBS behind. HC thanks KBS for his good work (I think), and as she walks past him to get into his car, he finally speaks up, yelling at HC. He's very upset. HC listens to his rant, but finally she replies, talking about the father, before she makes a step towards the car again. This time, KBS grabs her arm, and he continues to tell her off. He's agitated and seriously angry now. (This goes much deeper than the type of anger he has shown so far!) I think he's telling her that she's not a human being for what she did. KBS stomps back to his car and drives off, leaving HC behind. HC, who's on the edge but kept her calm so far, starts crying.
Cut to HC's place. Her brother and TL sit at the table and have a guy-to-guy talk. I think that the topic is HC... The brother is about to make a call, when HC arrives.
Cut to the brother's room, who apparentlyhas been sent ther while HC and tL talk business. Little bro is frustrated and mutters to himself, then throws himself on the bed... hitting his head in the process. (Probably served him right for whatever things he was mumbling to himself!)
Cut back to TL and HC sitting at the table and talk. HC is still troubled by arresting the father, and TL listens to her talking (about the past?). HC is fighting tears again. TL says it's okay (or something like that). The door opens and little bro pokes his head into the living room, saying something (probably about what they are still doing there?). TL says he'll leave, and brother returns to his room. TL hands HC and envelope containing tickets to the charity event.

Cut to Chief Noh's office, where HC wants to get Chief Noh's permission to get back on the case. Chief No doesn't give her permission, but she's calling him "Ahjussi", and probably reminds him about something of the past... whatever she says, it makes Chief No agree to her plan.
Cut to outside of the museum, where HC talks to KBS (to help her with her plan, I assume). But KBS is still angry and walks out on her. KBS grabs him by the arm (and shakes his arm, as if she was a little girl... now, where have I seen that type of scene before? Oh yes, last episode, and there was an umbrella involved...). But KBS isn't moved by her Lady M-impersonation (I think he's rather disgusted by it), and even when she's returning to her normal self and asks him seriously, he just shrugs her off. (On a side note, this is a very interesting turn of events, as far as KBS is concerned. He's really cold towards her, actively rejecting her, as if she has stopped being a human being. It's completely different from his earlier behaviour, because even at the time of their worst bickering and scheming, there always was a friendly undercurrent... which is completely gone now.) HC can just watch him walk off....
Cut to the office, where TL, Lady M and two of the team are going on with their daily business. Enter HC, who reports to TL that KBS won't be available. They make other plans.
Cut to the hotel, where the team does all kind of stuff in preperations for getting surveilance and all. They manage to complete the prepareations without collapsing the building, though. (Remind me not to let those guys come anywhere near my computer... Backgroundmusic is the great end title.)
Cut to the office, where Lady M hands HC some bags, mentioning something about "Haute Couture"... it's a dress she borrows to HC for the event. Lady M keeps talking, and I think she's asking about if KBS will come as well. Flashback to KBS saying he won't come. End of Flashback. HC tells Lady M that KBS has other plans (I guess). More conversation ensues, and i think HC asks about TL. Lady M answers something, and then looks on her watch and escapes from the room to get to her appointment. HC checks the contains of the bags and starts changing... but when she notices that the shutters are still open and everyone can see her, she quickly puts on her jacket again and closes the shutters before she continues!
Cut to a suburb street in the night. KBs drives along and stops at some place.... it's the neigbourhood where the dad and his girls live. Next to him, he has a cakebox. He's talking to himself again, before he decides to get out, taking the cake with him.
Cut to the yard, where he hands the cake to the girl. The girl is happy to see him, and tells him that HC came before, too. KBS is surprised, and even more so when the girl tells him what HC has told her (about HC's father being arrested and all). It dawns on KBs that he might've made a mistake. Flashback to the talk between KBS and HC right after the arrest. Flashback to something that KBS contact said. Flashback to HC standing up from the table (from episode 3). Flashback to an earlier conversation between HC and KBS in his car (from episide 3). Back to the present, where KBS eyes glisten unusually when he connects the dots and he realized that he was WRONG.
Cut to the hotel, where KBS' curator friend and TL are waiting. TL and the friend talk (about KBS). A cab arrives and out gets HC, dressed in a black, tight dress! TL and KBs friend are both impressed. I think that this is the first time TL actually consciously realizes that HC is a very attractive lady... at least if you go by the expression on his face. KBS's friend seems ready to dig his claws into soft flesh... HC says good evening, very feminine, and she and the curator guy leave for the hotel. The camera stays with TL, who is still seems somewhat confused by what he saw... and while he stares after HC, Lady M shows up, looking very proud of her "creation". She tells a distracted TL about "Haute Couture"...
Cut to HC and the curator walking towards the hotel. Curator guy can't take his eyes off her. They talk, and it seems that the curator isn't up to standard. HC turns to leave, but the curator guy doesn't want to let her go, grabbing her arm. There's a bit of a struggle, and HC is trying to avoid a scene, when suddenly KBs shows up, grabbing his friend's wrist and telling him sweetly to let go. The friend isn't pleased, and there's one of these "friendly but dangerous" monologues, ending with KBS flaunting off his knowledge... KBS and HC walk off, leaving the curator guy behind, who has a thoughtful/annoyed expression on his face.
Cut to the entrance of the hotel, KBS and HC talk briefly, and HC hands KBs the tickets for the event. KBS looks up and down her and makes a remark (about her dress) that has HC bristling with annoyance. (Again, KBS' tone of voice and attitude towards HC has completely changed. He's back to the prior treatment, no longer coldly rejecting her but resuming the teasing and bickering.)
Cut to a car arriving. The doors open and out comes Kim Sang and his henchmen!
Cut to HC and KBS cuing in for entrance, and KBS offers HC his arm... (I guess he says that they have to look like a couple?) HC pulls a face, but links her arm to KBS nevertheless. The line moves, and behind them, Kim Sang and his henchmen arrive! (This, of course, will mean that our Dynamic Duo is in deep trouble next week!)
End of episode...

Comments: The characters gain more depth this episode, and we learn a few background facts about HC. KBS shows that he's more than meets the eye. The overall character developement is good and the plot moves ahead smoothly. If the trend continues, the series should be a good and entertaining mixture, that will make you laugh and keep you fearing for the leads at the same time.
What impressed me is how different the acting between last week's episodes and this week's episodes is. Even with the great chemistry between LDG and Suna, the othe characters were either bleak or over the top during the first two episodes. This week, everyone fits into place, the performances were good and some characters that just washed by in episode 1&2 now actually leave an impression (like HC's team mates).

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 2nd, '08, 23:22

Lunchbreak-thoughts about
Kim Bum Sang

On first look, KBS is a desirable person... he's rich, good looking and intelligent. Women swoon when he shows up, he drives a sports car, lives in a huge mansion and he even has his own TV show!
On second look, he's arrogant, a playboy and full of himself. He seems to consider himself gods gift to womenkind, and he acts accordingly, flirting around shamelessly. He sucks up to people who are in an influntial position, is loyal only to himself and his own purposes, cheats and manipulates to make himself look good. He's up to his neck in half-legal and probably even illegal art trade, giving expertise to whoever pays him. He thrieves when he's the center of attention and enjoys his near-star status to the fullest.
It seems he doesn't have many friends, outside of his many dates/gfs/playthings. And while he tries to suck up everywhere, in the end he's left out.
His strengths (expertise, intelligence, looks) backfire on him, though. Mainly, because he entirely relies on them, and also because he seems to think that there can be only one winner in any event - KBS. Also, he's showing physically violent reactions when he's at his witt's end - as it is evident whenever HC manages to corner him. It's a fatal combination, because bereft of his "weapons", KBS flails helplessly and resorts to rather stupid tactics and stunts to get himself out of the mess he made.
Best example for this is the situation that made him join the team. KBS was utterly clueless about the fact that his colleague got the professor's tenure, it probably didn't even cross his mind that someone else might get the job... to get his job back, he tried to please a CEO, which lead into the entire Japan-disaster and the job offer by the museum. But again, KBS appears as clueless and ignorant, not knowing what kind of position he's offered. When his friend tells him that the position is actually paid well, KBS just thinks that the museum's still waiting for him with open arms... only to learn that other moms have clever kids, too and he missed another chance.
And rather than proving his true value by actually aiding the museum people, he uses lies and manipluation to get the job. It works, but the consequence is that he has lost whatever credibility he still had in the eyes of HC.
His inability to accept a lost battle also has him entering into a childish game of "I'm better than you" with HC. While they started off on a wrong foot in Japan, HC gave him every chance to save face and gain her respect, but he decided to use non-cooperation, lies, insults and gossip... which ultimately had HC annoyed so much that she retaliated and outsmarted KBS, leading to another serious blow to his ego. He utterly fails to win HC's trust as a human person; while she doesn't doubt his skill in his job, she doesn't trust his actions, and his "clever" schemes end him up in even deeper troubles with her.

Still, there's a deeper side to KBS. There's a glimpse of KBS who actually cares for others, who is protective and who can be genuinly nice... but that nicer persona is washed away quickly when he starts another futile plan the very next second. But with HC slowly eroding his cool facade, I hope we'll see more of the person who hides behind the protection screen of jaded attitude and careless arrogance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coffee-break thoughts on
Huh Cho-Hee

The first impression of HC is that she's "one of the guys". Not that she's unkempt or ugly - on the contrary. HC is an attractive lady with a sexy body. She knows how to speak well and beahave like a lady.... But she decides that she prefers to do a good job instead of impressing by her looks. Her clothing is plain; a black two piece suit and white shirt, her hair bound back stricktly, with little/no makeup. Her way of talking is not very ladylike at all, she's well trained and has acrobatic skills. HC is good at her job. She's also no coward, and her team mates and team leader trust her with doing the job well. She's earned acceptance and respect. Her advantages is her analytic thinking and intelligence. She carries herself with dignity.
Still, those positive features are marred by the fact that her ordinary life collideas with her strong feminity... there are a lot of men who want her phone number, but those who get to know better her are repulsed by her lack of cutsey behaviour. This doesn't seem to faze HC much - the person she secretly likes (her team leader) accepts her as she is, even if he doesn't return her feelings. For now that has to be enough. She's also somewhat shy.
HC's family consist of a father, who went missing when she was a kid, a younger brother, and her surrogate father (the department boss). CH lives together with her brother in a flat, she doesn't have a car and rides to work by train.
The disappearance of her father left a deep scar in her. It also influenced her choice of career and the way she deals with people and cases. Sometimes, that might make her look less sympathetic to others, but the opposit is the case. Exactly because she can relate to people in a certain situation, she's able to stay tough and do what she has to do.
Nothing was said about her friends so far, but from the looks of it, she is fully focussed on work, pushing out everything else except for her brother. There are no lovers and no known friends.
HC has two modus operandi: Modus one is a direct approach, like her male collagues do. She's copied a lot of their manners, i.e. when it comes to intimidation and aggressivenes. Still, HC is very much aware of things like public opinion and her role in society. That's when Modus Operandi No 2 kicks in... HC knows very well how to behave as a perfectly adapted, sexy female. She will use this to her advantage, in combination with her clever mind and her ruthless "male" side. She's clever and scheming if she has to, but the scheming only happens when she has no other choice.
No matter what Modus Operandi she employs, HC is always undeniably female. Even if she's "one of the guys", she retains her female characteristics - she never pretends to be a man.
She has the ability to ignore annoying things/persons, so rather than wasting her energy in useless fights, she just takes the spearhead out of a verbal attack and deflates her opponent.

On the flipside of the coin, she has a hard time to remain cool or detached, and takes greater risks than neccessary to secure her position within the team/catching the bad guys. By "doing what she has to do", she her reckless hunt for the bad guys cause her to not just get herself killed but also to tip the scale unfavorable in a case. She's passionate and she doesn't like to give up or give in. The emotional scar from her past also alienate her from others... while she's accepted in her job, she keeps people at distance in her private life.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jul 3rd, '08, 01:10

Kanshu, you are doing a good job selling this drama! Night After Night looks like it's going to be deep with mystery and suspense, not just action-packed.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 3rd, '08, 07:30

Thank you. :) I'm just cross-posting from my stuff from soompi (where all the episode screenshots are) :).

As for the drama, I still see it mostly as a parody at this point, even though it does a good job on the characterization. But it would be a lie if I'd say it's "deep with mystery and suspense", because it's not doing that job yet. Partially, because of the first two episodes - while funny, they were utterly disjointed and outside of the two leads and the department boss, the acting was far from impressive. It was more like watching a chicken coop... Fortunately, they sortet that out, and it's getting better to the point where I enjoy watching the raws.
From what I heard, production started a week later than planned, so that might be the reason behind the mess that's the first two episodes.
Still, this series has lots of humor (not just what you see by watching the raws), and what I gathered from the BON-people, who are doing the subs, and from the small segments of dialogue, the barb wires that KBS and HC trade should add a lot to the fun.
With all its flaws, Every Night is entertaining and fresh, perfect for relaxing after a day's work.

I guess that's why I actually started writing the scene-by scene synopsis... all I read was "Yeah, therewas so much dialogue, kind of boring, fastforwarded... and I thought "are we seriously watching the same show? Have you actually tried to look at what is going on, have you paid attention to body langauge and voices?
When watching raws, that is the time when I can focuss on the performance, without missing half of it by looking for the sub-lines... Ah well, 'nough ranting. :)

doggieusa
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by doggieusa » Jul 7th, '08, 23:32

Suoth wrote:Hello there, I'm glad that the subs are hardsubs, Hardsubs are easyer when you watch with a divx player
BON uses x264/h264 encoding which is a newer technology. I don't know if this technology is already available and built-in in stand alone DVD player, so our hardsubs might not play in stand alone DVD player machines. Just a heads-up if you encounter a problem playing our hardsubbed videos.

mikomiko123

Post by mikomiko123 » Jul 9th, '08, 01:36

sungie wrote:
mikomiko123 wrote: PYON Fansubs will release the softsubs.
I love them for doing that!
When it comes to k-dramas I prefer soft subs :)

I have the RAWs already but haven't yet watched 'em.
PYON's KTranslator dropped the project, I think someone else will do the softsubs.

And again, I recommend BON. They are my favorite subbing squad. XP

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 9th, '08, 08:59

B.O.N. FanSubs posted the 1st episode (hardsub only).
http://bonchu.net46.net/when-its-at-night/

More synopsis at http://www.kpopit.com/?cat=95

Synopsis Episode 5

I don't speak any Korean language, so I go by just body language, sound of voice and expressions. Any attempts at dialogue are guesses.
We start out where we left last time. KBS and HC are in the row waiting, and Blondie Kim and his cohorts come from the back. The line is moving.

Cut to the interior of a surveilance room, KBS and HC turn to the right, following the other guests, while Kim Sang walks straight... but he stops suddenly, looking after KBS and HC, his expression one of "Strange, I thought I saw something?", but then he walks on.

Cut to the festival area. It's outside. KBS and HC walk up some stairs and the camera pans into the distance, giving us an impression of the setting.

Cut to a closeup of KBS and HC. They look around, and HC at once notices the surveilance cameras, and nods slightly. The game's afoot!

Cut to the image of a surveilance screen that shows what the camera is filming - KBS and HC walking into the crowd. Lady M's talking, very upset -

Cut to Lady M, who's pointing at the screen and can't believe that this is KBS walking arm in arm with HC! The rest of the guys (the two older team member guys, TL Kang and Chief Cho) are equally surprised. They thought that KBS had declined. Lady M is dismayed... I guess she now rues to have borrowes her dress to HC!

Cut to KBS, who is carring two glasses of wine (Rose, I think). He hands one of the glasses to HC. The two are talking (probably about the auction?), when suddenly HC's phone rings. She hands KBS her glass and makes a few steps away from him before she answers. It's TL Kang, who wants to know what KBS is doing there. While HC explains, the camera lingers on KBS, who remembers why he came here....

Flashback Time! Cut to the little girl from last episode talking about her father, cut to HC talking about why she can't let the girl's father go and KBS rather emotional reaction to it, cut to HC crying after her talk with Chief Choi and KBS watching her... End of Flashback!

Cut back to KBs at the party, looking very solemn. While he lets out a deep breath, HC finishes her call and tells him about what the TL said. KBS is in a strange mood here, a bit akward, but he forces himself back to normal and starts making some comments, to which HC just rolls her eyes. (Dude, you really should know by now that you can't win any brownie points by acting like that!) Then they go back to talking about the case. KBS has spotted some rich guys, and he fills HC in on who they are and what kind of things they do (at least I think that's what he's doing!). HC is somewhat impresed by his knowledge, but it's not a good way of being impressed. They continue talking.

Cut to a large corridor, where a group of men, lead by an old guy in a white suit. walk and talk. They run into Blondie Kim, and the talk seems to be about SERIOUS BUSINESS, man! White suit guy and his men leave, while Kim Sang looks after them, muttering what sounds like a warning.

Cut to HC, who's sitting somewhere away from the party and rubbs her feet, complaining about her aching feet.

Cut to a wide shot where you get a better idea of where she's sitting, and you can also see that KBS is standing a few feet away, watching her. I think he's asking her why her feet are hurting, and she answers something (I think she says she borrowed them?)

Cut back to closeups of KBS and HC. KBS looks as if he can't believe what she just said, and he voices this (I think). HC doesn't really want to talk about shoes and is more worried about where the deal will take place. KBS answers something. ((Translation for this scene, please?)) He keeps looking around, when suddenly his eyes widen because he sees...

Cut to White Suit guy walking right up to them!

Cut back to KBs and HC. KBS, who knows that the guy will recognize him, jumps back from the pillar he stood at and looks for a way to escape, but finds none. HC looks up from her aching feet and wonders what KBS is doing, when he tells her to shut up and suddenly pulls her up and presses her against the next pillar! HC looses her handbag, and she struggles, trying to get out of his grip. (She's not intimidated by him like at the earlier times, btw. ... it seems he has lost his "animalistic charm"!) She's not panicky, just like "Omo, omo!" (In a "Get off me you pervert!" fashion), when he grabs her by the throat to make her shut up! But that's not the end of it, he grabs her head and moves closer as if to kiss her... but no luck, HC grabs his head with both hands and keeps him at distance! (So KBS has lost his last weapon of physical intimidation... she's no longer taking him serious at all. KBS, dude, don't say I didn't warn you!) But KBS finally manages to singnal her that someone's walking by and for a moment they are standing still!

Cut to White Suit guy walking by; to him they look just like a couple kissing.

Cut back to KBS and HC. KBS lets go of HC the moment the danger's over, and they are pretty annoyed about each other (KBs about her making such a fuss, HC about his actions... I think). HC reads him the riot act about the handbag and the surveilance equipment in it, and he picks it up. More bickering ensues, until the announcer starts the auction.

Cut to the surveilance room, where the team discusses about what's going on.

Cut to a parking lot, where the trader guy from episode 2 (the one from the dance club) arrives and gets out of his car. At the parking lot looking down to the parking lot of trader guy, members of a special squad get out of a car and into position. From his position, Trader Guy notices this, and wonders what's going on. But he quickly figures out that this is a trap, and runs off to warn the other Bad Guys!

Cut to the upper parking lot, where Cantaloupe Guy and Scar Guy from the Team gather their newly arrived troops. Cantaloupe guy's talking on the walkie talkie. (They somehow look like a cheap version of Miami Vice to me...) When he's finished, he's talking to the waiting police officers, giving them a pep talk about the importance of the mission.

Cut to Trader Guy running towards the meeting place, looking back to check if he has been followed.

Cut to Kim Sang, who's waiting with his henchmen in an entrance. He obviously doesn't like to wait... but as he waits he sees..

Cut the hall outside the entrance, where KBS and HC walk by!

Cut back to Kim Sang, who's smelling rat. Trader Guy arrives and tells Kim Sang about the police gathering outside. As expected, Blondie Kim isn't pleased at all.

Cut to a display room. KBS and HC have entered, and they see the book they were looking for, safely stored in a display. KBS gives it a quick examination while the auctionist is being told something by another employee. The auction is about to start, and HC looks at KBS - is this thing the real deal? KBS nods.

Cut to the surveilance room, where TL Kang's mobile rings. It's a text (I presume by HC to tell him that they found the item?), and he smiles happily, saying "Okay!".

Cut back to the auction room, wheres uddenly two guys enter in the back. One is carrying a suitcase. (Let me guess, they are going to bring away the book?) While they come in, KBS and HC go to the side. The auctioner keeps talking. Suddenly, the man with the suitcase opens the display and is about to remove the book, while the other man whispers something to the auctioneer, who at once closes the auction. KBS and HC turn around in surprise, but by the time they notice that the book is missing, the bad guys have scaped with it. (That's what you get when slacking off at the job, duh!) KBS and HC at once chase after them.

Cut to a corridor, where the guy with the suitcase and his comrade in crime run towards Blondie Kim and Trader Guy. KBS and HC are in hot pursuit, but KBS stops a moment when he recognizes Trader Guy, and HC has just come up to him (those shoes are really not made for running, no wonder she doesn't like them). The bad guys use their chance to run off, and HC's telling KBS that they can't let them escape (I think), but KBS realizes the danger and tries to hold her back... but he has no luck. While HC runs after the guys, KBS takes a different way.

Cut to the Bad Guys running up a staircase, with HC in persuit.

Cut to the party area, where TL Kang and the full force of special squad are storming towards the auction room.

Cut to the auction room, but when they bust in, the lights are on and it's completely deserted. What a bummer.... While the team's still wondering what's going on, TL Kang's phone rings. It's HC!

Cut to HC, who's still following the twerps, but limping by now because of her high heeled shoes. She explains what happened and that Kim Sang's involved and that she's chasing him. But when she finally reaches the parking lot, Blondie and friends are escaping in Trader Guy's car! HC's about to look for a ride to chase them, but suddenly, KBS comes around the corner in his sports car. He pushes two files from his seat and HC jumps in, and off they go!

Cut to a closeup, TL Kang is going on his own, but Lady M tries to hold him back, saying something about Kim Sang. TL Kang still goes, and she continues to talk to herself, until she notices that Kang has already left the scene and she goes chasing after him! (It's very funny to watch, how she talks and gestures as if she's holding a lecture to someone.)

Cut to another chase... or rather lack thereof. On the street, KBs and HC have lost track Kim Sang. KBS stops his car at the side, but HC's angry that he just stops. They have an argument. Then she seems to ask him where they might possibly have gone (I guess), and KBS remembers... Flashback! Cut to a scene from episode 2, where KBS meets with Trader Guy at a container terminal to get the painting from him that he used to get the job at the museum. End of flashback. Cut back to present, where KBS suddenly looks pretty confident. He tells HC that he knows where he can find the bad guys (or so I think... translation for this scene, please?)

Cut to TL Kang, who's in his car, talking to Lady M, who just received a text (I guess from HC).

Cut to the container terminal, where KBS and HC are wandering though the narrow driveways between the container stacks. KBs is talking to himself again (probably wondering where Trader Guy and the others went to). They continue searching, when suddenly HC yelps in pain and the noise of a body slumping to the ground can be heard. KBS turns arround in worry, and HC continues to yelp...

Cut to HC lying on the ground and rubbing her feet. It seems like the high heels won and she fell. KBS hurries over to her, asking if she's okay. HC says she's okay and tries to get up again. But obviously, she's not fine at all, because she winces in pain and can't get up! KBS is worried now, squatting next to her and looking at her leg. Some conversation, then he examines her leg, taking it by the ankle with one hand, taking her foot with the other, and moves the foot to see if there's any injury. But the foot seems to be okay. Instead, HC points out a nasty, bleeding bruise on her knee. KBS tells her something (I guess he's mocking her), but his face talks a different language, he looks cornered. He takes his handkerchief and makes it into a makeshift bandage. Watching him, wrap her knee, HC talks to him. She's saying something that seems to be iomportant, because he looks up from his task and has a very solemn and vulnerable expression on his face before he resumes wrapping the nandage around her knee. HC continues talking, and again he stops, having that look on his face, but he can't keep looking HC in the eye, always looking down at her knee, and up to her face again. When she has finished, he says something and offers to pull her up to her feet again, She accepts his help and is standing next to him, brushing the dirt of the dress. (So he's weak against honest talk, it seems... Translation, please?) KBS, meanwhile, has noticed something, and HC follows his look...

Cut to an area between some containers. The bad guys are loading/unloading trucks, while Blondie Kim passes the waiting time by beating up Trader Guy. Trader guy just stands and lets it happen. On Kim Sang's questions, he says something about KBS. Kim Sang tells his henchmen to go (probably to capture KBS?), then he hands Trader Guy the suitcase (with the book?) and tells him something. Trader guy mutters something under his breath but puts the suitcase into the car.

Cut to KBS and HC, who have watched the scene, hiding behind a container stapler (Side notice: HC's standing in front, while KBS is trying his best not to be seen. I think he wants her to leave...), but when HC wants to go ahead, KBS suddenly pulls her back and tells her to stand behind him, while he takes the "frontline" position. He tells her to leave and get backup (I think). HC's looking unsure for a moment, but then she goes. She's stopping a few times, though, looking back at KBS with an uncertain expression. (I guess she's either worried that he'll get hurt, or worried that he'll jump out and warn the bad guys.)

Cut to Kim Sang's location. In the background, you can see KBS behind the stapler, sneaking closer. He hides behind the bad guy's car.

Cut to TL Kang driving through the container rows.

Cut back to KBS who's still hiding behind the car, but it seems that Kim Sang has noticed something! But he keeps on instructing his guys, turning his attention away from the car. KBS usus the chance to get the suitcase from the car, hiding back behind the car. He lets out a long breath, then dashes back towards the stapler.

Cut to KBS showing up between two rows of Containers, back to where he has parked the car. He has the suitcase in hand. He's looking around, searching for HC, but she's not there. He's looking for his mobile, but he doesn't have it with him. He get sinto his car and uses the mobile there (isn't that HC's mobile?)... but as the call goes out, his eyes widen in shock as he sees...

Cut to KBS's point of view - he sees how Kim Sang and his cohorts come out from between the container, and they have taken HC hostage! (So that's where they went off earlier... Kim Sang's really a dangerous oponent, even if he comes across foolish at times.)

Cut to TL Kang's car, who is still doing sightseeing amongst the containers. Lady M wonders why HC (or KBS? 'm not sure, both names are said, I think) didn't complete the call, and TL Kang gets really worried. TL Kang looks down an isle between containers as he continues driving slowly.

Cut to KBS, who got out of his car to offer Kim Sang the book in exchange for HC (I guess that was Kim Sang's condition?)... HC doesn't look pleased at all. Kim Sang and KBs exchange niceties, but then KBS takes out his lighter and tells Kim Sang to release HC or he'll destroy the book. Kim Sang thinks that he's bluffing, but KBS rips the book apart, setting some pages on fire. Kim Sng watches in horror as the pages burn, and HC is shocked that KBS is destroying a national treasure! A few more pages burn, and finally, Kim Sang lets HC go. HC runs over to KBS and scolds him for burning the pages, but the danger's not over yet!

Cut to Kim sang, who's really miffed now. He and his henchmen come closer.

Cut back to KBS holding up the book, still threatening to burn it... and then he sets it on fire before he throws it away as far as possible. While Kim Sang tries to put out the fure, KBS and HC escape, chased by some of the henchmen.

Cut to TL Kang, who sees KBS and HC running away from the henchmen. TL Kang tells Lady M to put the siren to the roof and she obliges.

Cut to the bad guys, who stop at hearing the sound of the siren, before they run away.

Cut back to TL Kang. KBS and HC have reached the car. Lady M is outside herself out of worry for KBS, but he tells her it's okay, and that they should go after the twerps. TL Kang drives off, much to Lady M's dismay.

Cut back to KBS, who's letting out a long breath before he looks at HC. He asks her if she's okay, and she says she's okay. Then she chides him for destroying the book, she's almost in tears. He says something and smiles, then takes off his jacket and puts it over her shoulders before he walks away.

Cut to his car, where he explains to her that the book he burned wasn't the real book, but (probably?) one of the books that he pushed from his seat at the beginning of the chase. He hands HC the book. He's all smiles and pretty proud of his own cleverness, but as he is about to continue to talk, HC suddenly goes and hugs him! KBS is shocked into silence, while HC has tears in her eyes (I guess a combination of the adrenaline rush and her happiness that the treasure is still in one piece). She holds him tight, while KBS is at a loss at what to do. He finally enfolds her, but he's patting her back as if to calm a crying child.

Cut to a view of HC's car with HC abd KBs standing at its side, hugging. As the Law od Drama dictates, the backup arrives, police cars with sirens blaring. HC and KBS are still hugging each other, utterly oblivious to the noise and the cars driving by, it seems!

Cut to daylight. HC's wearing jogging gear and stand on a (public?) excercising are, staring into the distance. She looks very young and soft (Oh, the evils that happen to you when you take a whiff of Eau de KBS!) as she smiles to herself and overlooks the scenery. Little brother shows up and they talk. TL Kang's name is mentioned. It's a very tender scene, but it it turns into a typical brother/sister scene until little brother leaves. HC goes back to her musings, but her smile is now wistful.

Cut to the office, where thw two older guys of the team and Lady M work. They have atalk, but as Lady M starts one of her usual rants, the older of the team mates indicates her to shut up. The guys continue talking, and I think it's about how sexy HC looked. Lady M takes umbridge at that, but the guys calm her. HC enters as the three leave the office, Lady M stops and tells HC to return the dress (I think). HC (who still seems to have a sore leg) promises to return it (I think), mumblng to herself about the dress and haute coture when Lady M has left. She sits down at her desk and rummages through the drawers. She fishes out her recorder and looks at it. Flashback to the umbrella scene at the restaurant, where KBS nags like a little boy (I guess for her to delete the recording?). End of Flashback. Cut back to HC looking at the recorder. She's playing the recording, but it's not what she expects to hear! The recording is KBS's voice, allright, but it seems that he has made a new recording after deleting the other one! (He seriously knows how to dig his own grave... HC looked as if she was about to delete the recording, but after what he did...) HC listens, and her expression is one of utter disbelieve at first, but when KBS starts singing to her, she smiles.

Cut to KBS' bedroom. He's laying on his bed, flat on his face and still fully dressed. The camera zooms in and he wakes up, looking around a little bit disoriented at first.

Cut to a wider pan of the room, and the bedroom is one room with the kitchen/dining area! KBS fetches water from the fridge and sits at the table. (I have the strong suspicion that he's sporting a nasty hangover...) KBS notices a lipstick mark on the shoulder section of his shirt. He tries to figure out where it came from, but suddenly he remembers, Flashback Cut to HC hugging him End Flashback Cut back to him sitting at the table, and he smiles. He's ripped out of his thoughts by his mobile ringing. It's HC.

Cut o HC, who's asking him out for a meeting. Her voice is friendly, but her expression says that she's up to something...

Cut to KBS looking puzzled.

Cut to the lake in front of the museum. KBS is waiting for HC, and HC walks up to him. He wants to know what's going on and she faces him with the recorder. (Her tone is less agressive now, btw. Either she's not really angry at him at the moment, or she's angrier than before... ) He answers something, thre's a little bit of banter, but then she's handing him the handkerchif and suggests they go out for some soju! She offers her hand (in friendship?)... Perhaps she wants to make a new start? I wonder. Her expression looks friendly enough. Suddenly, he grabs her hand, and after exchanging a few morewords, they shake hands.

Cut to a restaurant, where Chief Choi and the Art Trader with the hat HC talked to in the second episode have a meeting. Much talking ensues, but I'm not sure what it's bout.

Cut to TL Kang and Lady M driving in his car. They have a conversation, and she's very whiny. Something she says makes Kang hit the breaks, and he's leaning over to her, saying something. (Love his expression and tone in this scene.) She is somewhat shocked and gets defensive. TL Kang says somenthing abour Kim Sang.

Cut to a retaurant, where KBs and HC are waiting for TL Kang and Lady M. They have some conversation.

Cut to later, when TL Kang and Lady M have arrived. Lady M's spouting nonsene again, when HC interrupts her. The ladies go for the restroom while the guys continue to talk. TL Kang asks KBS what's going on and KBS tells his version of the story. Kang seems a bit unsettled by this.

Cut to the ladies restroom. HC asks Lady M if she likes KBS. The conversation continues, and apparently, HC tells Lady M that she can keep KBS all to herself. Lady M is happy.

Cut to outside of the restaurant. The dinner's over. TL Kang is coming out first, followed by HC, who stumbles and lands (conviniently) in his arms. They talk, and suddenly Lady M storms out, latching herself to TL Kang and calling him KBS! TL Kang tries to remove her from his arm and HC looks at the scene in a mixture of shock and amusement. But TL Kang says he'll bring her home. Finally, KBs comes out (seems like he settled the bill, he's putting back his wallet into his jacket), and he watches how Lady M drags TL Kang away... HC calls a very sad and quiet "TL Kang" after him, but the two are around the corner already. HC's angry, and KBS doesn't understand why.

Cut to a street, where KBS stands on the sidewalk and tries to hail in a taxi. HC sits a few meters away on the bottom stair of a staircase. Unfortunately, no taxi stops for KBS! HC tells him to either stop it or let her try it (not sure), but KBS has a different idea. Their usual bickering starts, but HC surprises him by just agreeing to what KBS said. She comes closer and pokes him in the cheek. KBS expression is priceless. She says something in a more lecturing tone, and he pushes her hand away, but you can tell that's he's affected by her touch. HC complaints about something, talking to herself (I think) and tousles her own her. (The angle of the camera here is KBS' point of view, and you see a lit of neckline!) KBS smiles at what she's saying. Then, a taxi comes up and HC stops it, hurrying KBS to follow her (What was that again about Knight in Shining Armour?). KBS and HC climb into the backrow of the cab.

Cut to the taxi driving through the night. the camera turns to the backrow, KBS is watching the street... the camera turns further, and reveals HC, who has fallen asleep. She looses balance and falls against KBS's shoulder. KBS looks down to HC, and seeing that she's fast asleep, he bows down to kiss her, when he notices that HC's eyes flutter open. He quickly pulls back. HC slowly opens her eyes and looks up to him. KBS fumbles to some explanation about how he wasn't doing what she thinks he's doing (at least I guess that's what he's saying!). HC answers something, her voice is very soft and sleepy. Whatever she's saying, it has KBS surprised, but she's giving him a "C'mon, do it!" kind of look, and then they kiss really passionately. Lots of handiwork, as HC digs her fingers into his back and hair! But suddenly...

Breaks squeal!

Cut to a front view of the taxi, that has come to a full stop, and we see KBS and HC... both sitting upright on their own side of the taxi, and waking up from the harsh stop. (So someone had pervy dreams, eh? And you wonder why she calls you a pervert later on, dude? *chuckles*) The taxi drive apologizes for the harsh break, and HC and the taxi driver talk some, then she yawns. At the same time, KBS is looking at HC with a puzzled expression on his face. HC asks him what's the matter, and KBS says everything's okay, looking straight ahead again, but somethings definitely not right... he's obviously confused and you can almost see his thoughts as he tries to fumble for an answer to the ultimate question of "Why did I dream of kissing her? Why did I want to kiss her in my dream?"! HC still wonders what's up with him, but her musings are cut short when they arrive at a corner near to her place. She tells the taxi driver to stop the car, and we get another shot of KBS looking thoroughly unhinged.

Cut to broad daylight, the outside of the police station.

Cut to the inside of the police station (the team's office, more precisely), where TL Kang and the younger two of the team's males sit at a table and are frustrated. Scar Guy has his head on his arms and moans about Kim Sang (probably that he escaped right under their nose?), and starts crying. TL Kang is somewhat embarrassed (who wouldn't be?), but the other guy manages to cheer up poor depressed Scar Guy. Enter Lady M, who's speaking urgently to TL Kang. He answers, but she keeps on talking (I have the feeling that this isn't about the case.) She comes closer to TL Kang (her moves are like a big cat about to pounce) and the poor man moves bac, most likely remembering the previous evening. The two other team mates look quite interested (I guess, that's something for the grapevine?), HC continues her speech, and TL Kang looks as if he can't believe what he's hearing. HC does her trademark move and wipes the hair out of her face before she leaves, followed by the disbelieving stares of the three guys. Once she's gone, they talk about her (and I don't think that was very friendly!)
Cut to Lady M walking down the corridor in the museum, still talking to herself. (Ahh.. can someone fill me in here, is the police station part of the museum?) She runs into the two older males of the team (I'm beginning to suspect that they are her fanclub!). She apologizes to the guys and fakes stomach ache, and a the two come closer worriedly, she wipes her hair out of her face again and cooks up some story (that's how a liar looks...) before she leaves. The guys are very worried and go after her!

Cut to KBS, who's outside of the museum. He's still looking troubled, pacing back and forth (I wonder if he got any sleep that night?), and what is on his mind? Of course this...

Flashback... Cut to the extra steamy kiss scene from his dream. End of Flashback.

Cut back to KBS, who is not the wiser and mutters to himself about what's wrong with him (It's called "falling for her", dude!)...Instead of facing the truth, KBS cooks up some other explanation, when suddenly someone slaps him on the back and he turns around to find HC! I'm not sure if she has overheard what he was saying, but she asks KBS something, and he tries to cover. She continues to talk, and it seems like KBS's presence is wanted.

Cut to inside the museum, a cafeteria, where KBS, HC and the old man from the countryside (the one from KBS' fanclub). They talk about something, but it seems to be not sitting to well with KBS and he's about to leave. HC will have nothing of such rude manners and gives him a slap on the arm. (On the table, there's another old book like the one that KBS burned earlier). The old man contunies to talk, and something he says makes KBS close his eyes (looks as if he's trying to remember something?), the old man conitues to talk and at the end of his speech, HC has a very tender and sweet expression on her face, while HC looks like he can't believe it, and then HC and KBS both say "Abousshi!" in unison! The old man continues to talk, and while the old man finishes, we get some more mug shots of HC and KBS. The old man says good bye, very respectfully and even knowtows to them! HC and KBS are at a loss art how to react, they go a few times back and forth between bowing and standing to accept his thanks (and after all, this is the public cafeteria of the museum!). In the end, they both get down on knowtowing, too! (And what are they talking about??? Translation, anyone?))

Cut to the corridor, where HC and KBS are walking side by side. They are talking (probably about what the old man said?), and KBS is upset. HC's rolling her eyes at this and soon they are in the middle of another barb trading. Then, KBS asks a question...

Cut to White Suit guy, who's entertaining a guest in his office (I think that's what it is, it has a lot of artefacts, though). White Suit Guy is wiping an ancient looking china while they are talking. The guest (isn't that the guy from the museum?) doesn't like what White Suit Guy says.

Cut to the museum, where KBS is stepping out of his office (?) at the museum into the corridor, only to run into a stampede... well, it's just Lady M and her male fanclub! I think they are hurrying her to the doctor? But when Lady M spots KBS, she has a miraculous recovery and speaks up to him. But KBS thinks that something's wrong, so she goes back to faking sickness. KBS says something, but the Poor, sick Lady puts a silencing finger on his lips, KBS is confused, then she tells her sad tale (removing her finger while speaking and going into her unforgettable signature move!) hith her most loyal fan supporting her by helping her to stand properly. Meanwhile, KBS' expression is a mixture between being carefully blank and helpless wonder about "What strange creature is that? What is she trying to do?". When Lady M comes to the end of her story, KBS shoots a query look at the team mate clinging to Lady M's arm, and he apparently gets the drift and leads the LadyBug away. KBS looks after them, touching his lip and his expression changes from amusement to one of satisfaction... his infallible charm has ensnared yet another female!

Cut to the team's office. HC is sitting at her desk and reading a report. The door opens and TL Kang enters. HC gets up to great him. She's a bit shy, smiling a lot while they talk. Kang brings up Kim Sang first, and HC answers. TL Kang then says something about KBS, and HC denies (I think it's about her loving KBS?), in a mixute of embarrassement and desperation. TL Kim answers, but I think it's not the answer HC wants. She says something about loving someone, then storms out of the office, just to run into...

Cut to the corridor where a very agitated HC runs into LadyKiller KBS, who sits at a table and entertains three of the female staff. HC is miffed, and when she spots the source of her anger, she launches her attack. She walks up to the table, where KBS opens soft drink bottles and flirts with the ladies, and doesn't notice the upcoming thunderstorm until lightening hits! HC is asking him very friendly about something, and he replies, still smiling and not seeing the danger that's written on her face. The conversation continues, with HC still seemingly friendly, though there's an edge in her tone of voice that should be a warning to KBS. HC asks him to follow her, and KBS - wondering what's going on - excuses himself to the ladies to follow her.

Cut to the park outside of the museum. HC walks into the scene first, followed by KBS. You can tell from her rigid body and angry steps that KBS will not get away easily this time. HC reads him the riot act about something he said to TL Kang, and KBS wonders what he said, until he remembers. But he seems to think that he's done a great thing... it sounds like he's boasting a little bit about him saving her or something? HC blows a casket and yells at him, wanting to know "Why?", and KBS is startled at the sudden, unexplainable outbreak of female anger. He tries to figure out what's the problem, while HC glares at him. Realization hits and he asks HC if she loves TL Kang. (Bad question, dude!) He finds his suspicion confirmed when HC stutters and denies it, before they start trading barbs again. It sounds really bad this time! She calls him a name. In the end, she slaps him on the chest while she walks out on him.

Cut to KBS storming into his office. He's still upset and talks to himself (it's about the name HC called him), while he sits down. He decides to call HC, and the phone version of their barb trading continues. He tells her to come over.

Cut to HC coming out of her office, but it's clear that she's up for the fight!

Cut back to KBS. He's still sitting at his desk and waits for HC to arrive. Suddenly, it knocks at the door, and he thinks it's HC and tells her to enter. It knocks again, and he's getting more annoyed, getting up and opens the door. The kext thing he knows is that someone smacks a fist into his face! KBS goes down, moaning in pain. Enter the Trader Guy (the one who received a beating from Kim Sang earlier in the episode), who's flexing his fist. He's happy to do some payback, and he has apair of gloves with him (probably spiked up a bit with Heavy Metal). KBS wipes the blood from his mouth, and while Trader Guy asks him something while putting on his gloves, KBS gets back to his feet. He tries to get the situation under control by talking, but Trader Guy is way beyond the stage where he still listens to words. When KBS seens the gloves, his expression gets worried, then slightly scared. He retreats, but Trader guy follows him, still talking. He's cornered KBS behind his desk. KBS still tries to keep him at bay with an outstreched arm, but you can tell now that, if he had the chance, he'd run away. (I love the irony of this scene... if you compare it to the story KBS cooked up to hide how he got the painting in episode 3, the reality of episode 5 looks less heroic than KBS's fantasy.) Trader guy hits KBS hard in the face, and KBS goes down with a yelp of pain. Trader Guy's ready to dish out more. KBS gets up again, taking care of his bruised nose, and yelling at Trader Guy. But Trader Guy doesn't listen, yells back and gives KBS another punch in the face. KBS goes down again (this time he lands in his chair and blood drips from his face on the desk). KBS moans in pain, but Trader Guy still hasn't had enough. There's a knock at the door, and KBS thinks he's saved; he gets up again and points out the fact that someone's knocking to Trader Guy. Bad choice, because Trader Guy pulls all his power into a final punch that knocks out KBS, who sinks down kind of anime style.

Cut to the outside of KBS office, where HC has heard the noise from inside and tries to get in (seems that the room has a number lock, and she doesn't know the combination?). She's banging at the door, demanding to be let in (I think), and indeed the door opens! HC looses her balance and falls into the room, landing on the sofa, while Trader Guy runs away! HC gets up and is about to chase after him, when she hears KBS moan in pain. He's sitting on the ground and examines his bruised face.

Cut to the outside of the Museum, the park area. It's dark already. HC hurries throug the night, carrying a bag with first aid supplies she apparently bought in a pharmacy (Sidenote: Mmmm... i don't know about Korea, but at my workplace, there has to be a First Aid Kit stored in a certain number of rooms, so why does she go out to buy it? Did KBS persuade her to keep this secret?). She reaches a park bench, where KBS sits, still feeling his injuries, which are nicely colored by now. He has a cut in the left corner of his lip, and another cut above his right eye. HC sits down next to him, and they talk a bit. HC starts treating his wounds, and he's putting on a show, but she says something to him after which he hold still (I guess she told him to take it like a man, or something?). While HC dabs the blood away from his lips, her face is very close to his. Suddenly, KBS expression changes and he seems to have forgotten about his pain for a moment. Instead he keeps looking at her. When she interrupts the dabbing to get a new cleaning pad, he asks her something, and they keep on talking (no idea what this is about, I think it's about how she looks different today from her usual style... could some kind person please translate this scene? ). KBS tries to touch her face (seems like he's trying to wipe something from her eyelids? It could be about her wearing make-up, not sure). HC pulls back at once, so he drops his hand, kind of frustrated. More talking, mostly from HC's side, while KBS looks back and forth from her into the park. It also seems as if his injured eye is slowly swelling shut... More talking, and HC puts ointment on KBS lip injury. Whatever she says, KBS is not really happy about it, but she has finished treating his wounds and gets up, telling him to follow her back. All of a sudden, he jumps to his feet, grabs her right arm and pulls her tight, and then, he kisses her! His eyes are closed, but HC's are not, on the contrary... she's looking seriously lethal!
End of episode!

Comments: This episode is fast paced and really entertaining. If WIAN could've done such a high level from the start... Ah well.
The relationship between KBs and HC is progressing (not noccessarily improving, because KBS is still pulling stupid stunts on HC ) . What is interesting is that KBS is functioning as a catalyst that makes HC step forward in the persuit of her True Love, TL Kang. What's also interesting is the fact that KBS is already more entagled in HC's web than he realizes. Both, the scene in the taxi and the brain-dead stunt he pulled in the final scene, along with plenty of smaller changes in his body language and the way he looks at her are an indicator of his blossoming feelings for her. Though, I doubt he's aware of what's going on; he rationalized the taxi-incident away and though I aven't watched the next episode, I'm sure he finds a reasonable explanation for his act there, too...
I'm looking forward to the next episode!

Credit for images: jastinel, luv and mzpakipot over at soompi.com's WIAN-thread
Last edited by kanshu on Jul 15th, '08, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.

mk77

More coming . . . ?

Post by mk77 » Jul 12th, '08, 16:26

I hope there is more hard subs on it's way. I tried to find it in other ways but I guess I'm not a good searcher. I will keep checking this thread for updates.

Thanks! Much appreciated ... especially, the fansubbers. I would if I could ... understand Korean to help sub.

thanks again!

mk

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 14th, '08, 05:43

Only one episode has been subbed so far, but the raws are worth watching. I don't speak Korean, but I enjoy the show a lot! :)

Synopsis for Episode 6
I don't speak any Korean language. Any attempts on dialogue are based on body language, tone of voice and facial expression only.
We start off with a repeat of the last twenty seconds of the final scene of the previous episode.
KBS kisses HC. His eyes are closed while her eyes are wide open. Her expression changes from one of surprise to one of anger, and she pushes KBS away (Note: The kiss scene now is much shorter than the version in episode 5 hinted at!), so they are now out of each other's personal zone. KBS looks at her, gauging her reaction. HC's having the back of her right hand over her mouth, it looks like she's not sure wether she should wipe away his kiss or not. The hand's also a nice half-mask, covering most of her expression outside of the eye section. Her look wanders up and down KBS, but it sems like her mind has finally caught up with what just happened. KBS smiles at her and says something, as if he's done her a great service or something that he gave her a kiss. She wipes over her mouth (not those forceful wipes you often see, just slowly moves her hand to the side before she speaks), and tells him something in a calm tone, but there's a trace of deep hurt and tears vibrating in it (wonderfully acted, if I may say so). KBS still seems to be on something of a high, because his reply is sort of careless; his body language is playful and smug as he offers her his cheek for a slap, telling her to just go on. It seems as if he just wanted to prove a point and knows that the price will be a slap... but does he think the only price will be a slap? HC stares at him, eyes brimming, her expression a mixture of disgust, anger and utter disappointment - but she says not a word, nor does she slap him.

Cut to a point of view a few meters away from them. HC pushes the medical supplies at KBS, turns on her heels and leaves, fighting her feelings. KBS looks shocked and surprised at her reaction, then he follows her, calling her name.

Cut to the museum, the door to the lady's restroom. Lady Wang's personal fanclub stands guard, wondering if the poor girl is okay or if they need to rescue her. Another female employee passes by and gives them The Stare. Finally, Lady Wang staggers out of the restroom, a perfect image of misery (oh, the pains of having hangover...), and the two guys immideately fuss over her. They are about to leave, when her stomach acts up again and she flees back to the stalls.

Cut to the park, where HC walks away angrily, wiping her mouth again and again. KBS follows her, calling her in an urgent, worried tone. When she doesn't react, he runs and grabs her by the hand to make her stop. HC looks at him, her expression between tears and seething anger. She finally answers him, and her voice sounds as if she's doing her best to not kill him on spot. What she says about that kiss has KBS speechless (Nicely shown by him drawing in a breath, shifting to the other foot, leaning back and looking away), and HC continues to talk. It's very intense, that raw hurt and anger. She turns to leave, but KBS doesn't want to let her go and grabs her by the arm again, saying something that by the tone must be "Now, wait a minute.." but before he can finish, HC slaps him! She continues to say something, and now you can hear the tears hiccupping in her voice. KBS face is completely serious now (seems he finally realized the scale of the consequences...), HC walks out of him and he looks after her, a suckerpunched expression on his face. Then he sighs and say something, touching the wound at his lip while still looking after her. (And I'd be very grateful for a translation of this scene!)

Cut to the camera looking from the inside of the museum to the walkway outside. HC walks by angrily. The sound of her steps can be clearly heard.

Cut to Lady Wang's entourage. They see HC (and her steps can be heard, so I guess that the previously show scene was the view they have from that restroom door), and call out for her. They wonder what's going on, when they see KBS. They call him, too, but he doesn't listen, either. The two wonder what has happened there (and I guess they are coming to their own conclusions, eh?)

Cut to HC's home. Little brother is watching TV. It's KBS TV show, and little bro fanboys with a silly smile on his face. Enter HC. She's not really happy to see KBS after what happened, and when her little brother continues his excited talk about KBS, she says something about KBS (I guess to the effect that he's not as great as people think?), switches off the TV before going to her room. Little brother doesn't understand what's wrong with her. He switches on the TV again and continues watching.

Cut to HC's bedroom. She tosses her knapsack on the bed and starts talking to herself about what happened (very quietly, though). She touches her mouth again with the back of her hand.

Cut to KBS's place. He comes in and pulls off his tie, talking to himself before going to the bathroom to inspect his wounds. (It seem that he's about as agitated as HC is.) He touches the wound at his lip and his expression changes to confusion as...

Flashback... Cut to the kissing scene. End of Flashback.

Cut back to KBS, who's getting upset at himself for doing something like that. He reads himself the riot act, looking at his image in the mirror. (Translation, please?)

Cut to what looks like a makeshift parking lot somewhere in the city. Team mates Scar Guy and his Cantaloupe sidekick arrive in their car. They are talking. Scar guy is angry, and KBS' name comes up. Seems that Scar guy isn't much of a fan! But they have work to do...

Cut to a wide screen view, and the parking lot os part of an excavation site.

Cut to inside the excavation site. They are digging for artefacts... Scar guy finds a very ancient, rusty shovel (probably made in A.D. 1980...), while in the background, HC can be seen cleaning a shard.

Cut to HC, she brushes over the shard and thinks of...

Flashback. Cut to the kissing scene. End of Flashback.

Cut back to HC, who's still thinking about what has happened, gnawling on her lower lip. Lady Wang walks up to her and speaks to her. HC is startled. Lady Wang asks something (I think it's about KBS, isn't he expected to come, he's an expert, after all?), but HC reacts sort of allergic to KBS's name and Lady Wang gets suspicious and yells at HC. Her jealousy is at full flare and she stomps away, but she stops in mid-walk as she sees the object of her desire, and she calls out his name.

Cut to KBS, who walks down the sandbag-made stairs to the excavation site. He's wearing sunglasses to cover his bruised eye (take note as how the colorful parts of the bruises have faded after just one day - talk about self healing properties! When I smacked my head someplace, it took almost two weeks for the bruises to fade...)

Cut to team meeting. HC is listening to KBS talking about the excavation to all four team members on location. HC has a very annoyed expression. She's also standing away as far as possible from KBS, while Lady Wang has placed herself right next to KBS, taking notes of what he's saying. Scar Guy asks about the bruise (now covered with a band aid) on KBS' face, and HC looks curious as to how he'll explain that little accident. As expected, KBS comes up with some story, which, telling by HC's expression, is about as far from the truth as possible, a story created to make KBS look good. Lady Wang, of course, swallows the story hook and sinker, but her conclusion catches KBs on the wrong foot. He looks at the two other guys with a puzzled expression, then his survival instincts kick in and he spins an even bigger story. HC's expression is a mixture of disbelief and curiousity as she listens to him, while you can tell from KBS' expression that he's seriously struggling to make everything sound logically. He ends his story with a smile and a forced laugh, looking at everyone for approval. HC stays cool; she tells him something (I guess to take part in the excavation, since he's the expert?) that gets her looks of "you can't do that" from the other two guys, while KBS looks not pleased at all, but he obliges nevertheless. He and HC walk away.

Cut to another part of the excavation site, where earth that has already been searched through is used to refill a section where the excavations are completed. KBS and HC are talking. She's saying something, and KBS answers. He's very defensive and somewhat unhinged. HC's still using that controlled/friendly tone on him, and I think it's driving him nuts. He asks her what she wants him to do, and she hands him an excavation tool, telling him to dig (in the refill? What sense does that make?). His expression is hilarious - a mixture between confusion and shock, and utter bafflement. She leaves him on his own devices and he's at a loss at what to do.

Cut to The Perils of Kim Bum Sang. He starts digging a hole, assisted by Lady Wang, who is all around him in trying to deliver personal assistance (so hilarious!). He seems to enjoy the attention, but as time passes and the hole gets deeper, Lady Wang vanishes. Instead, the two team mates show up and talk to him (I think it's pretty snarky, telling by their tone of voice!), and leave him with a half-empty water bottle and some candy bar, saying "Thank you!" before they leave him to his diggings. KBS looks after them in confusion. (Did they suggest that he's to bury the trash, or something? Those guys are definitely not his fans, those two... the way I see it, KBS will make the male population of the team his enemies by being his usual self... I wonder when he'll earn their respect as a person...)

Cut to KBS sitting in his hole, drinking from the half-empty bottle of water. (He has dug about 1,60m depth, about 2 square meters... quite a feature! The guy's not lazy when he's decided to do something. Though, this is certainly not an excavation, just careless hole-digging.) The camera zooms out and we can see the two team guys next to the hole, taking a photo of him, while HC takes notes. KBS looks pretty exhausted while the guys continue to talk. They ask HC something about KBS, and she replies, the two keep on talking/thinking and after they come to a conclusion, they leave. HC tells KBS that he can come out of his hole now. When he tries to climb out, she steps on his hand by purpose, moving her foot on it. KBS yelps in pain. HC leaves him behind in his hole, as he nurses his hand.

Cut to the inside of the museum. KBS, his clothes smeared with dirt, rubbing his back with one hand, walks through the corridor with Lady M. He doesn't seem to be in the best of conditions, blinking his eyes as if he can't focus properly. Lady Wang fusses all over him, and he's friendly and smiling, though you can hear the strain in his voice. The two walk into HC, who just got herself a soft drink from a dispenser, and KBS smile falls. HC is all smiles and friendly, talking to him about something (is she offering him the soft drink?). A trace of a smile returns to his face, he takes the drink from her and leaves. Lady Wang waves after him, while HC's mouthing curses after him. Lady Wang and HC talk about KBS when TL Kang shows up. Lady Wang gives some snippy answer and leaves, while HC is happy to see TL Kang.

Cut to a restaurant. HC and TL Kang have dinner and talk. (No idea what they are talking about, work?) The talk comes to KBS, and HC says something about people and TL Kang.

Cut to the outside of the restaurant. HC puts away her purse, and sees TL Kang playing with a grapple hook game machine. He fishes a pink bear from the thing and gives it to HC, who is happy.

Cut to KBS, who's in bed an groaning. His mobile rings and he answers. On closeup, you can see that he has a sheen of sweat on his forehead. He seems to be sick, and not just worn down from all the hard work during the daytime. He's talking on the phone. I have no idea who he's talking to, but he's sort of getting loud at the end of the call before he hangs up. KBS gets up, but he seems to move rather painfully. He walks over to the fridge, trying to work a kink out of his shoulder on the way. (From the angle, more of the appartment is visible - it's indeed a large one-room appartment.) KBS opens the door to the fridge, but there's not much edible stuff inside, so he settles for some water. After drinking some, he moans again and squats down on the floor.

Cut to Chief No's office. He's talking to HC. She's reporting to him, but then the talk seems to get a bit more private (I think? I have no idea what they are talking about...). HC walks out and Chief No talks a bit to himself before returning to work.

Cut to the corridor, where KBS three female fans are running up to HC. They are very upset, saying something about KBS (I think that he is in hospital? Or did he collapse? No idea...), and HC is looking a bit worried. The fangirls ask HC something and she replies.

Cut to the hospital. KBS is sitting on a hospital bed in the treatment room. He's dressed rather casually - a dark green, comfortable shirt. A nurse comes over and hands the doctor equiment to start a drip. KBS rolls up his sleeve, and the doctor asks him something to which KBS answers. His voice sounds pretty exhausted. The doctor says something about him (mentioning his name), and KBS replies (the two sound like they know each other), when his mobile rings. He says "Cho Hee" before he answers it. (This is a cut back and forth between both ends of the lines so you can see both KBS and HC's side of the conversation.) HC's asking what is going on (I think), KBS answers, but his voice lacks the usual strength, they talk a bit, and something that HC says seems to jumpstart another asinine plan in KBS' brain (he really, really doesn't learn...). He says something and then hangs up on HC, who is annoyed by his behaviour. KBS, meanwhile, seems to overcome his weakened state and smiles, telling the doctor (who has meanwhile fixed the drip to KBS arm) to wrap his hand. The doctor wants to know why...

Cut to the outside of the hospital, where a cab drives up. HCH gets out.

Cut to the inside of the hospital. HC's muttering to herself about KBS, and then goes looking for him. She pokes her head through the door of the treatment room, but KBS treatment has already finished and he's standing behind her, sporting a confident expression and a bandage around his right hand. HC is shocked. KBs delivers a sad tale about how he can't use his hand for a while, and HC's really feeling sorry. KBS jumps on his chance and continues to make her feel guilty (though I have the suspicion that she is more willing to play along than she herself realizes), and then hands her the keys of his car. To emphasise how poor and suffering he is, he rubs his forehead and squeezes his eyes shut, moaning a bit for good measure.

Cut to KBs' place. HC follows KBS into his appartment, and while HC looks around curiously, KBS slumps on his bed. HC's protective instincts kick in, and she feels KBS's temperature with her hand. KBS looks at her in surprise, then pushes her hand away (the scene is very cute). They talk a bit, and it seems that he wants her to take care of him. He can't cook after all with that hand. But his demands make HC upset. Still, she goes and cooks for him, while KBS laughs to himself and rolls to his side so that he can watch her. (Translation, anyone?)

Cut to the museum, where the guys of the Team have finished lunch and are on their way back to work. They are talking about something, but there's bad blood between one of the older guys and Scar guy. The other two and TL Kang keep them back, and the situation is resolved by the older and the younger guys walking off in different directions. TL Kang remains behind and lets out a long breath, but his troubles are not over yet. He spots Lady Wang heading towards him, and opts for a quick exit. Unfortunately for him, she has already spotted him!

Cut to a different corridor inside the museum, and TL Kang, who's congratulating himself for having avoided Lady Wang... just to find her waiting at the next intersection! He's fumbling to an explanation as to why he's really NOT avoiding her. Lady Wang uses her persuasive personality to have him tag along for an impromptu visit at ailing KBS's place.

Cut to KBS' place, who's stirring from his sleep. (There's a golf club bag standing there prominently, so he seems to play golf as well?) Also, he apparently was still pretty sick to have fallen asleep while watching HC (I hope he had some sweet dreams :))... He sits up and looks around sleepily and starts looking for HC.

Cut to his point of view, the camery sweeps over the room and stops at the kitchen table that is laid with food, and at the stove, where food bubbles in pots. It's a very homely scene... but no HC. He keeps looking around, with that sleepy expression of his, and finally finds her in another corner of his appartment, where she's looking at things. He gets up, noticing that HC even put a blanket on him, and walks over to her, asking her what she's looking at. She points out a photo, it's him and two elderly people (his grandparents), and he explains a thing or two.

She fishes out some china item from a basket. She asks about it, and he tells its story. It's a very gentle scene (outside of that annoying, superflous scenic music! Someone shoot that darned piano player! But seriously, they need to watch the amount of music used, because it really spoils the mood. And it's TOO LOUD!), and KBS is very open and not his usual "I'm Mr Wonderful" persona. He's actually likable. HC places the china piece on the shelf next to the other artefacts, and he takes the china and asks her what she's doing. Her answer makes him surprised and thoughtful, and after she tells him to come and have food, he puts the china back to were HC had put it. (Someone...kill...that...pianoman...)

Cut to the table, where HC takes the lid off a pot. Steam comes out and KBS goes "Ohhh!", looking very happy at the prospect of food. HC explains that he has food now, and is about to leave. KBS complains that he can't eat with his injured hand. HCH rolls her eyes at this and laughs in exasperation, then asks him something (probably, if she's supposed to feed him?) and he hands her the spoon and chopsticks. HCH is amused now and just plays along (I guess taking care of her little brother has made her good in dealing with "sick little boys", eh?). She digs with the spoon into his rice bowl and he looks expectant at first, until she tells him to open his mouth "Say Ahhh!" and shoves the spoon at him - filled with a onigiri-sized portion (more than a mouthful)!

He protests and draws back, but she goes "Ahhh!" again, a bit louder and more agressive now, and KBS realizes that his plan just went sour - she's not going to do what he wants. Angrily, he pushes down the spoon, telling her that he'll do it himself (I think). He takes the spoon into his left hand, and it turns out that he's not really good at eating left-handed (either that, or this is stage two of his plan to make her feel sorry). HCH looks at him in astonishment, while he he keeps on complaining and messing with the food. HCH turns to the stove again, mimicking his complaining, then picks up a pair of chopsticks from next to the stove and sits down opposit of KBS again. Her expression is one of "I shouldn't really do this, I know he's using me, but I stepped on his hand"... she doesn't want to do what she's about to do. She watches him fiddle and moaning complaints a moment longer, then she takes something from the side dishes and places it on his spoonful of rice. He looks up at her and a smile steals itself to his lips - she's doing what he wants! While he keeps on eating, HCH is doing some operation (or stickprodding) on the food, and talks about something (I think it's about the kiss, not sure). He answers, and a conversation ensues. KBS is getting agitated, but HCH remains calm in her answers. Just when KBS wants to ask another question, the doorbell is ringing.

Cut to the security screen next to the door that shows smiling, waving Lady Wang and "I don't want to be here" TL Kang. KBS is surprised to see them, and HCH is shocked. She tells KBS that she can't be seen by her colleagues (or something like that), and goes off to find a hiding place.

Cut to the outside of the appartment, where Lady Wang is worried about KBS. Some talk about KBS ensues between her and TL Kang, and (I think) TL Kang says that she's overdoing it a bit. She rings the doorbell again and much to their surprise, KBS opens the door.

Cut to KBS living room. He's sitting on a leather chair, looking a little bit nervous (we all know why, dude!), while Lady Wang and TL Kang sit on his sofa (quite close to each other, too!). They're making polite conversation and TL Kang asks about his wrapped hand. KBs comes up with some answer, and Lady Wang keeps spouting things (I think she's in full fangirl mode now), which makes TL Kang feel akward, and he calls her out on what she's saying. Lady Wang apologizes to KBS, but KBS says it's okay, and the conversation continues.

Cut to one of the lockers in KBS' bedroom. HCH is sitting inside amongst boxes, bags and stuff (everything neatly stacked), and overhears the conversation. She's wondering what she's doing here. It's hot and sticky, and starts looking around for something to wipe away her sweat. She grabs into a box and fishes out a cloth... only to realize that it's a red bra! All her suspicions about KBS seem confirmed at that moment, and she's even more angry at him than before. Unfortunately, her mobile rings right that moment.

Cut back to the living room, where KBS and the others hear the phone ring. Lady Wang thinks it's his own phone, so why doesn't he answer it? TL Kang agrees, and both say that they are okay with him answering the phone (I think that's what they are saying). Lady Wang gets up to look for the phone, and KBS is trying to keep her back.

Cut back to the locker, where HCH meanwhile has killed her phone by taking out the batteries.

Cut to the living room again, where KBS desperately fishes for explanations and tries to keep Lady W and away from roaming in his appartment. But she's not to be stopped and forces KBS back to sitting on the sofa. He can't do anything about it (otherwise, he'd have to be extremly impolite towards her), and TL Kang also just helplessly shrugs his shoulders. KBS sighs and looks worried.

Cut to Lady Wang, who's in the kitchen to fetch something drinkable from the fridge, when she notices that the table's laid for two people. Jealous, she starts looking for her opponent, searching every room in the appartment. KBS and TL Kang watch in shock, then try to stop her. But she comes up with some reason why she must continue her search, and goes for the locker. KBs and TL Kang both go after her.

Cut to the inside of the locker, where HCH knows that she's just seconds away from being discovered.

Cut back to KBS bedroom. Lady Wang is about to open the locker when someone grabs her arm and stops her. It's TL Kang, who gives her an angry look and tells her to stop doing this. But the Lady isn't impressed, tells him that she must find out who KBS was dining with (at least I think that's what she's saying), and wrestles herself free again.

Cut to HCH inside the locker, who has overheard everything and has to stop herself from laughing.

Cut back to TL Kang and Lady Wang, who have started round 2 - TL Kang grabs her arm again and tries to talk sense into her, his voice quiet but threatening, and his expression very angry and serious. (I think that's about as far as he goes before he seriously explodes.) He turns to KBS, who has watched the whole scene, and smiles at him. TL Kang says that they'll leave, and KBS reacts quickly, grabs Lady Wang's handbag and hands it to TL Kang, who uses his full threatening force to keep Lady Wang submissive so that this embarrassing situation won't go out of hand completely, and pulls her out of the appartment.

Cut to the corridor, where KBs sends the two away (I love the interaction between the two guys here, and I really don't envy TL Kang for having to play babysitter for this crazed fangirl! On a sidenote, Kim Jung-hwa is doing a great job. She's absolutely hilarious, a perfect overzealous fangirl.), and KBS quickly shuts the door behind him while TL Kang pulls a hesitant Lady Wang away.

Cut to KBS bedroom, where he hurries to free HCH from her imprisonment. Both are relieved. KBS tells HCH to come out of his locker.

Cut to the outside of KBS appartment house (a glass palace front, really huge and at least five to six floors, probably more. Must be really a fancy and expensive place to live in!), where Lady Wang still frets over her aborted search mission. TL Kang is less than sympathetic, but she doesn't listen to him and rants on. TL Kang stares at her with a mixture of disgust and disbelieve, then she stomps away angrily, leaving Kang behind, who goes from being exaspirated to laughing in disbelieving amusement. He fishes for his car key and notices that he must've forgotten it at KBS place, so he goes back.

Cut to KBS place. HCH is ready to leave, but KBS tries to figure out the deal with her and Kang, and grills her with a couple of questions (I think that's what he's doing... translation for this scene, anyone?). While he's slightly mocking in his tone, there's a different current in his voice, and his expression is not the usual self-assured mocking one he wears when teasing her. It's much more serious, and he only manages a half-smile. HCH is fed up by his questions and just agrees to whatever he says, then turns to leave. But she finds the door locked, and being unfamiliar with the mechanism, she struggles with it. KBS stretches out to help her, his hand touches hers, and they both pull back as if burned. HCH turns around with a query expression, and KBS evades her look. The situation is tense, akward, then HCh smiles (one of her "serious/friendly not by choice" smiles) and tells him to go ahead and open the door. He unlocks it, opens the door and stares right into the smiling face of TL Kang, who says something (probably about that he was just about to ring the bell?), before he notices HCH. KBS turns his head away, his expression a mixture of disappointment and frustration (not sure about this), while HCH and TL Kang stare at each other wide eyed in suprise, HCh also in embarassement.

Cut to the elevator, where HCh and TL Kang get out at the ground level. TL Kang laughs to himself (probably thinking about that the rumours were right, after all? Or that HCH of all people, has fallen for someone like KBS?), while HCh trails after him, trying to explain the situation. But TL Kang thinks he already has understood the situation. HCH denies any relationship between her and KBS. TL Kang continues talking, but there's a trace of sadness/betrayal in his voice and expression (I think he does have some lingering feelings for HCH, but he's buried them so deep inside him that he'll need a while to acknowlege them). He turns around smiling/laughing, but HCH can't let him go like that, and explains (Kang turns around and faces her again during her talk) desperately how she feels - which is not for KBS, but for TL Kang! TL Kang looks stunned. HCH, realizing what she said, bolts and walks out of him. Kang's left behind, a frown and confusion written on his face as he tries to grasp what just happened.

Cut to outside of the appartment building. HCH walks slowly over a place, and sits down on a park bench (nice imagery here, the place and building making HCH looking lost in comparision, probably just like she feels that moment).

Cut to closeup of HCH, who is getting out of her daze and into full "What in the blue blazes was I thinking, I'm an idiot and OMG I hope the eart opens and swallows me" mode. To make things worse, he phone rings while she rants at herself, but she just ignores it.

Cut to KBs appartment. He's trying to call HCH, pacing on the spot. But she doesn't answer, instead the "Please leave a message" voice comes on. KBS hangs up and talks to himself. He's sort of frustrated and sits down to continue his interrupted lunch, tossing the phone on the table before grabbing the chopsticks with his wrapped up hand, stabbing them into the eggrolls. He eats the speared eggrool and his expression changes to one of mild suprise, and he says something (judging by his tone and expression, I'd guess it's "Not bad" or something like that). He wants to continue eating, but the bangade is in the way. KBS puts down the chopsticks, and unwrapps his hand; now that HCH is away, there's no need to pretend he's injured. He continues eating, but his moves are a bit on the agressive side as he shoves rice into his mouth (Poor KBS... someone came and took your favorite toy, eh?)

Cut to TL Kang, who's driving his car through a nightly suburb street. He stops and parks his car in front of a house and gets out. He's greeted by a girl's call "Daddy!" and his little daughter comes up greeting TL Kang with a hug and kisses. An elderly lady (his mother or MIL, not sure, in any case, she's the grandmother of his daughter) comes and talks to TL Kang.

Cut to inside TL Kang's place. He's playing with his little daughter in his bedroom - the barbie dolls are lined up, I think they are playing princess or cinderella, or something. It's a very sweet scene. Grandma comes into the room, I guess to make the little girl go to bed, the daughter wants to play a bit longer, and so he tells the grandma that he'll put her to sleep (I think that's what they are saying). The daughters hows TL Kang the pictures she has drawn; one is of him, and the next is of her mom. The mom looks like a princess in the drawing, but TL Kang is still overwhelmed and looks a bit teary-eyed at the photo that shows him, his wife and their newborn daughter.

Cut to the office, where Lady Wang sits at her desk, deep in thoughts. The two older team members are having a discussion and ask her something, but she only reacts after they've asked her several times. But her answer doesn't seem to make much sense to her two listeners. Enter Chief No, who asks something, and Lady Wang answers.

Cut to the next day and a park bench somewhere in front of the museum. TL Kang and HCH sit next to each other. HCH begins talking (that needed quit some courage!), and explains what happens. TL Kang answers, something about love, and apologizes to HCH, before he continues to explain. HCH is fighting tears as he refuses her feelings, but she puts up a brafe front and then leaves.

Cut to KBS, who's enjoying a bottled coffee (yay for product placement!) outside of the museum, when the three ladies of his fanclub arrive. They check out if he's okay and inspect his injured hand (they take the wrong one, as he points out to them, and at once they inspect the other one). He lets them continue, but even though he's friendly, he's lacking the usual enthusiasm, and pulls away his hand pretending to be still in pain. Suddenly, he notices HCH walk down the stairs across from where he's standing (makes me wonder if he actually was waiting for her?), but she's not coming back to the museum. KBS looks slightly concerned before turns his attention back to his fans and smiles for them.

Cut to HCH walking. She's sitting down alone under some trees, her expression sad and thoughtful as she ponders over what just happened. But her time to gather herself is cut short when KBS shows up and starts talking to her. HCH is not exactly pleased that he's there, but she doesn't even look at him, or reacting to what he's saying. KBS keeps on talking, gesticulating and waving his right (now unbandaged) hand), and, still not looking at him, HCH answers. She's holding up well so far, considerung the circumstances. KBS keeps prodding until he gets his answer, and then he keeps on elaborating on things. HCH just nods, her face sad and solemn, before she confirms everything KBS said (at least, that's how it sounds) in a self-recriminating tone. She excuses herself and walks out of KBS, who's not looking happy.

Cut to KBS entering his office. He sits down at his desk, still thinking about his encounter with HCH. He talks to himself (purly for the viewer's convinience, I hope!), and looks at his fake-injured hand, sad that she didn't even notice that the bandage was off (I wonder what his intention was, did he try to make her feel better since he's no longer injured, or did he plan to make her angry for having pretended to be injured?). But before he can continue his musings, his mobile rings. It's White Suit Guy from the previous episode!

Cut to Whit Suit Guy's place. He's drinking tea with KBS. They talk and White Suit Guy hands KBS a box with a large tea can. KBS examines the piece, under the careful observation of White Suit Guy. After KBS ends his examination, more talking ensues, and White Suit Guy seems satisfied.

Cut to KBS appartment. He's coming out of his bathroom and sits on his bed, towl still wrap around his neck. He seems to wonder about something (White Suit guy? No idea...).

Cut to HCh's room. She's sitting on her bed and stares at the wall, deep in thought. TL Kang's words keep ringing in her ears.

Flashback. Cut to TL Kang turning her down. End Flashback.

Cut back to HCH who has the rest of his speech ringing in her hears. She sighs, then her mobile rings. It's KBS! HCH picks up, but she's not really enthusiastic about his call.
(The conversation between them is cuts back and forth between both bedrooms, CHC and KBS both lying on their beds). KBS wants to know what's going on in a demanding voice. HCH answers, and they have a little friendly teasing going on, where HCH wants him to sing that song he earlier recorded to show that he outsmarted her. KBS rolls his eyes, but then he really sings for her... just to be interupted by HCH (who's probably asking him if he's serious or something). KBS is miffed and sits up, (Tsk, tsk, how can she first ask him to sing and then rebuff him like that, ohnoes!) and hangs up on her, probably wondering what made him call her in the first place. HCH smiles to herself, then thinks and afte a moment, she takes her phone and calls KBS! He askes "What is it?" instead of saying hello, and she says something that sounds like a thank you (telling by the tone of her voice). A half-smile steals itself to KBS face, but just as HCH is about to hang up, KBS stops her, and the mysterious "Pi-e-dan-jip" from episode 3 makes a reappearance in the conversation. Now KBS has her full attention, but instead of telling her what's going on, he ends the conversation (I think he says something about telling her the next day?). HCH stares at her phone thoughtfully... and KBS says something to himself (I have no idea what he's saying... perhaps, he's congratulating himself to have her distracted from TL Kang?).

Cut to a mirror, the reflection of a pair of eyes, and cheerful humming. All three belong to Scar Guy, who is grooming his hair. His colleague makes some comments, and they talk (probably about women/dating? Or Lady Wang?)... it seems that the love bug was very busy in the museum! Enter TL Kang. His team mates are surprised to see him at his time. Some talk ensues (about work, I guess), and there seem to be a different level of information between Kang and the other two (is it that Kang wasn't told about something?), and Lady Wang's name is mentioned. In the end, TL Kang leaves the two, a pained/forced smile on his face.

Cut to the conference room, where the two older members of the team, Lady Wang and Chief No are gathered. The Chief fills them in about something, and everyone's excited. The meeting ends. Lady Wang picts up the flowers she had placed on the table and the others gather their materials. Chief No holds one of the guys back and asks him somethin, and the guy explains, then Chief No nods his okay and lets him leave, too.

Cut to outside of the museum, where two limousines arrive. Out gets a higher echelon and his entourage. They are greeted by Chief No.

Cut to the team's office. HCH is flipping through some papers, while Lady Wang powders her nose. HCH shoves some papers over to her and tells her to look at them (or something to that effect), because Lady Wang rolls her eyes at that. In the background, one of the older team mates walks by. He's on the phone with someone, apparently something's not going as expected. Enter the other older team mate, who comes running through the door and gasps some important news. HCH looks up from her work and the two guys continue their conversation. Something's really not right. HCH's face goes from surprise to shock as she listenes...
End of episode

Comments: This episode doesn't have many action scenes, but is rich in the character developement department. KBS kiss has started a chain of events that forced HCH to make some progress towards TL Kang (though the result was probably differently from what she had hoped for). At the same time, KBS struggles with the consequences of his actions, and only lands himself in deeper trouble - emotionwise, that is. He's pulling all kind of stunts to keep HCHs attention focussed on him, albeit he's not very successfully.

There's some background information about TL Kang, at last, and he's shown to be a caring father. What's most surprising is, how honest and gently he deals with HCH and her confession. His motivation is understandable, but he's also shown as someone who's struggling with his past and present. The ice around his heart is thawing, but will the unfreeze be a good or bad thing as the pain of loss comes back?

The humor part of the episode is mostly burdened on the side characters, i.e, Lady Wang and her fanclub. They do a good job so far, even though they are no match for a full fledged KBS vs HCH barb trade. There's little to no slapstick in this episode, whixh is an improvement.

The plot is more fluent now, and it's even less predicable what's going to happen. Only one thing is for sure - Kim Sang will not lay down, and some powerful figures are involved in the case.

The only problem i have is the music. Not that the music is bad, but it's overdone. There are plenty of scenes that get outright destroyed by too long and/or too loud music pieces. I.e. the piano piece, as beautiful as it is, becomes annoying the way it's used.

Pictures made by LUV from the WIAN-thread on soompi.com

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jul 20th, '08, 11:04

What?! A sexy Kim Sam-soon and a ninja in the background? :lol Sounds hilarious, and intriguing! :blink

Atie

Post by Atie » Jul 23rd, '08, 17:02

Hi,
Do you know what is the song when the two of them dance in the 2nd episode. I like the song. Thanks in advance.

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Jul 23rd, '08, 17:20

That would be "Bad Boy" by Son Dam Bi...

bulyongjun

Post by bulyongjun » Jul 24th, '08, 16:08

i have watched it for 1-4 episode and i like it
but i hate the police is so stupiddd..

1> she (police) acting stupid when she have been informed that a thief will come to take the ancient book. she
meet the thief who says he is from museum department to take that book. how come she didn't curious that guy. gezzz...

2> when the police come to the house suspected person who hold the ancient book, kim bum sang have told them that book is in that house, how come the police so stupid to take the excuse from suspected person said that kim bum sang was wrong. and then didn't check/search that place???

Veil

Post by Veil » Jul 28th, '08, 00:47

anybody know where i can watch the full episodes? I've only been able to see parts of the first, but i want the whole thing.. hehe -_-;;

I might add... it's REALLY strange to see Kim sam soon as a sexy person... i mean, i have the image of her being a fat ajumma from her first drama burned into my brain, and now as i watch this one and see her be "sexy", it's just really hard to take in...

As for Jang Dong Gun, he's pretty much the same as any other dramas he's been in... cool and spunky at the same time... but then, i've only watched a couple of his dramas, so i'm not an expert... ^_^;;

KissedInuyasha

Post by KissedInuyasha » Sep 14th, '08, 06:08

Anyone notice the guy that looks EXACTLY like So Ji-Sub in episode three as one of Kim-Sang's boyguards? I could swear it's him...it even sounds exactly like him.

Linkup90

Post by Linkup90 » Dec 26th, '08, 07:23

I like it so far or maybe I just like Kim Sun Ah.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Dec 27th, '08, 16:10

so BON is subbing this, and hard subs toO! i miss lee dong gun in drama's... last time i've seen him was in "Sweet 18"

it's been soOo long... :scratch:

i checked out the wiki page, ratings are down. :( so i wonder if this is a total flop?

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jan 20th, '09, 12:49

For those interested, ep. 6-9 have just been uploaded for direct download at BON's site.

talays

Post by talays » Jan 20th, '09, 13:04

lucypcng wrote:For those interested, ep. 6-9 have just been uploaded for direct download at BON's site.

jdserran

spoiler request

Post by jdserran » Jan 23rd, '09, 13:44

spoiler please ^_^ i wanna know who stole the cultural property from Bum Sang's condo unit. thanks

P.S.
send me a personal message if you choose not to post the answer here.
Last edited by jdserran on Jan 24th, '09, 05:01, edited 1 time in total.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: spoiler request

Post by rambutan » Jan 23rd, '09, 23:54

jdserran wrote:spoiler please ^_^ i wanna know who stole the cultural property from Bum Sang's condo unit. thanks

P.S.
send me a personal message if you chose not to post the answer here.
The thief is
Manager Heo's brother Gyoon. You will find the answer in ep. 12.

jdserran

Re: spoiler request

Post by jdserran » Jan 24th, '09, 05:01

lucypcng wrote:
jdserran wrote:spoiler please ^_^ i wanna know who stole the cultural property from Bum Sang's condo unit. thanks

P.S.
send me a personal message if you chose not to post the answer here.
The thief is
Manager Heo's brother Gyoon. You will find the answer in ep. 12.
whaaaat!!!!?? wow, i wouldn't have guessed that. thanks lucypcng.

Linkup90

Post by Linkup90 » Feb 20th, '09, 04:10

Enjoyed the last few episodes quite a bit. Haven't seen 10-12 yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

actually 10-12 is out

Linkup90

Post by Linkup90 » Mar 5th, '09, 19:17

I feel like i'm the only one watching this! Anyway, BON has ep13 up. Thanks BON!

ericam1064

Post by ericam1064 » Mar 15th, '09, 00:05

you are NOT the only one watching this, Linkup90 - I am waiting as patiently as I can for ep 14 to post.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Mar 15th, '09, 04:10

Ep 14 should be released soon. Encoding in progress.

ericam1064

Post by ericam1064 » Mar 15th, '09, 07:15

I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into it. Thanks to all the subbers and everyone who works on it!

Linkup90

Post by Linkup90 » Apr 2nd, '09, 06:15

Ep 15 is out. I haven't seen it yet.

meynolo

Post by meynolo » Apr 9th, '09, 10:47

salam,
i have already the raw but can't find the subs for episode 17.
anyone can help me please?

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Apr 10th, '09, 02:13

meynolo wrote:salam,
i have already the raw but can't find the subs for episode 17.
anyone can help me please?
Episode 17 sub is still at final QC/spot checking stage. Please check status at wiki.

Ocu

Post by Ocu » Aug 6th, '09, 19:17

Thanks subed this drama. Both main actors are my favourite. I'v finished to watch the first episode and I founded it awesome! KSA is amazing in her role!

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Aug 7th, '09, 01:52

Ocu, KSA is always amazing! Have you watched The City Hall yet? She's amazing in there, too!

Ocu

Post by Ocu » Aug 7th, '09, 09:03

Yes, CH is in progress. I'm at episode 12. I saw that the final episode is released. After download, I'l see the rest of the episodes in a huge marathon. I feel sorry that KSA doesn't have no more series! I think KSA is a great and very talent actress.

Meybelin

Post by Meybelin » Nov 13th, '11, 05:24

Yeah. I somehow got the info wrong. Mr. Green