[Discussion] Last Friends - Nagasawa Masami/Ueno Juri/Eita

Discuss Japanese drama series here.

khaibest

Post by khaibest » Jun 30th, '08, 17:46

minna!!
i've bought my last friends dvd!!woohooo..currently enjoy watching it all over again!!
yeay!!

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jun 30th, '08, 19:04

bmwracer: Looks like Sosuke's got a new girl (Sawajiri Erika) to beat up.
I haven't watched 1 litre of tears before but when I saw that picture, my first reaction was the same - I was like - "OMG! He's going to bash her up!!!"

hahaha

I think I'm suffering Juri/Ruka withdrawal symptoms... :-(

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 30th, '08, 19:05

i have a question... sorry if this came out of nowhere... but isn't the kid whom Sosuke saved from being crushed by the train the same kid in Juri-chan's drama Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi? (the kid who peed on his pants)

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 30th, '08, 19:16

^ I've seen that kid everywhere. He's in loads. Few I've seen in him: Kurosagi, Yamada Taro Monogatari and the movie Backdancers. So if you thought you saw him, you probably did.
sleepyzzz wrote:
I haven't watched 1 litre of tears before but when I saw that picture, my first reaction was the same - I was like - "OMG! He's going to bash her up!!!"
Judging by the look on her face, he already has. LOL.

But no, shouldn't make fun of 1LoT, it's a really beautiful drama that will make you cry buckets. Even though I'm not too fond of Sawajiri Erika, that girl has one serious attitude problem. :roll

DeAngel999

Post by DeAngel999 » Jun 30th, '08, 23:06

Rori wrote:^ I've seen that kid everywhere. He's in loads. Few I've seen in him: Kurosagi, Yamada Taro Monogatari and the movie Backdancers. So if you thought you saw him, you probably did.
sleepyzzz wrote:
Judging by the look on her face, he already has. LOL.

But no, shouldn't make fun of 1LoT, it's a really beautiful drama that will make you cry buckets. Even though I'm not too fond of Sawajiri Erika, that girl has one serious attitude problem. :roll
I read something like that about Sawajiri Erika, she does have that serious attitude problem.

Omg. Utada-san really funny!! :lol those are very cute drawings.

Sorry if there's a post like this before. I remember when Michiru slapped Sousuke because he said He broke Ruka's pride. I wonder if Michiru thought Ruka got raped by Sousuke. And i don't think Michiru got that clear up with Ruka. Everytime i log off from this forum I find something to post again about the series.
Somehow this makes it seems possible for LF second season. :blink hopefully Asano decides to continue on with the story. I had a fascinating storyline last night. LF ended pretty much after that death. And there's nothing much can trouble other characters. So, in my opinion, why not make new appearances and once again challenge their friendships and their problems. This can help get deeper into story. How about a new female character with GID issues approaches Ruka as a news writer and as her obsessive fan :unsure: . And the female character's brother can have some kind of issues like Takeru's sister but more vicious. lol i think this is one of the crazy ideas i have but hey... that might actually work out! Ruka in danger, Michiru can realize more of how important Ruka is to her and this time makes Michiru tougher by doing the protective role. (unlike the one in LF now) SOrry for the long post. Hope I didn't bored anyone.. :-(

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 2nd, '08, 07:39

Don't know how true this is, but take from it what you will...

Anger on the set of Last Friends

read here --> http://uwasako.livejournal.com/25239.html

------------
It won't surprise me at all if the producers had added in more DV scenes to jack up the ratings. Bleh. Which brings up the question of how complete the script was when they started filming. Did the writer (Asano) make things up as they went along, or did she have a masterplan? Because it seems like she increased the importance of Sousuke's character due to the viewers fascination with DV scenes (sex and violence always sell, eh..whatever) and Takeru's character got a lot more screen-time in the ending episodes as she seemed to really like Takeru best (from that Tokyo-wrestling interview). Ironically, even though Takeru had lots of screentime, his background and personal story was barely touched upon. :scratch:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 2nd, '08, 08:06

^ Just something from that article:
The production staffer went on to say, "As a result, the relationship between Ruka and Michiru, which should have been more carefully developed, tapers off towards the end." Juri had worked hard to become Ruka - she even talked to people with gender identity disorder - so for them to put her role aside like that really pissed her off. She and Ryo didn't speak much towards the end of fimling.
Awwh~ Juri really puts her all into it, going out of her way to talk to people with GID.

But something that bugged me... it's not Ryo's fault the producers thought the sun shone out of his ass. No need to ignore each other because of a screw up on their part. :|

I honestly thought people were exaggerating a bit when they said the SP was too centered on Sosuke (purposely) but after reading this, it's actually quite true.

lichter002

Post by lichter002 » Jul 2nd, '08, 08:48

WTF THIS MAKES ME ANGRY
They should have killed him off sooner and focused on Ruka more. Juri-chan has every right to be angry at everyone. :cussing: Juri-chan was the only (okay maybe Eita too) reason the show was worth watching. To find out they changed the story to feature more of that wretch Sousuke and less of Ruka makes me hella angry. ANGRY. :cussing:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 2nd, '08, 12:19

wow...
just when i thought this thread is going to fade after LF is finished, GOSSIP NEWS is here to entertain us :roll ok, whether or not this piece of news is true, i don't know. But initially after reading, i was trying to imagine a mad Juri-chan yelling at the director :lol and ignoring Ryo. Anyway, i don't blame her for being outraged or angry about the plotline. Becoz seriously, as a fan of LF, i too, find myself getting really really sick of the whole DV stuffs even during the first few episodes, not to mention the whole 10 episodes, and then having Sousuke appearing again in the SP itself. It's kinda true that the story gets weaker when all they do was focus on the DV, and ignoring Takeru and Eri's parts. But i think Ruka's GID is pretty well written though, except maybe her relationship and Michiru's. Like everyone else here, i really wanted to see more progress between both of them, but they clearly left it out just like that.

I do feel kinda sorry for Ryo though, coz he was caught in the middle of everything. *i hate the character, but not the actor* It's true that Ryo grabs a lot of attnetion from his fans, and it really doesn't surprise me at all hearing that whenever he appears and attacks, the ratings would shoot up. It's his popularity as a JE boy. I mean, just look at the Warrate Iitomo program where the fan girls scream at him. *i sincerely feel sorry for Juri and Eita for some reason, watching that show*

The person i'd blame here in this case is the director. or whoever it is that decided to use Ryo's fame to boost LF's ratings. To me, that's low. If this is really true, then it's really sad that they have to use this method and also a disgrace for Juri as well as the other actors/actresses like Eita and Eri.

ok, i ranted long this time. I'm done.

DeAngel999

Post by DeAngel999 » Jul 2nd, '08, 14:48

Not sure where they got that news from. But one thing for sure whether it is true or not. I agree on the lack of emphasis on Ruka's character and the relationship between Michir and Ruka, and so Takeru. SOusuke supposed to be a side role!! If I remember correctly, they make Sousuke's role so that Michiru would somehow leave him and then the main focus is on Ruka and friends!!. (((I still think they need a second season lol (done ranting))))

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 2nd, '08, 15:07

hanapyupyu wrote:Don't know how true this is, but take from it what you will...

------------
It won't surprise me at all if the producers had added in more DV scenes to jack up the ratings. Bleh. Which brings up the question of how complete the script was when they started filming. Did the writer (Asano) make things up as they went along, or did she have a masterplan? Because it seems like she increased the importance of Sousuke's character due to the viewers fascination with DV scenes (sex and violence always sell, eh..whatever) and Takeru's character got a lot more screen-time in the ending episodes as she seemed to really like Takeru best (from that Tokyo-wrestling interview). Ironically, even though Takeru had lots of screentime, his background and personal story was barely touched upon. :scratch:
This person didn't say where she got this info from... Or was she an observer on the set? The information is completely unsubstantiated. :x

I'd take this gossip and treat it as such: Gossip.

For all we know, it could just be publicity to keep the drama in the headlines.. :x

kuo87

Post by kuo87 » Jul 2nd, '08, 15:58

bmwracer wrote:
hanapyupyu wrote:Don't know how true this is, but take from it what you will...

------------
This person didn't say where she got this info from... Or was she an observer on the set? The information is completely unsubstantiated. :x

For all we know, it could just be publicity to keep the drama in the headlines.. :x
First, let me tell you how long it's been since I've been itching to talk about this drama... i couldn't sign up to d-addicts with my mac. so i got a windows partition and registered. lol.

anyways, onwards to the comment:
I'm not going to use that article as a source. but anyways, last friends did extremely well. i think the staff misinterpreted the viewership ratings, seeing as the most intense stuff that happened during the drama occurred with Ruka and Sosuke (not in a scene together, but their individual storyline deepened). I think it's obvious that the consistent fangirls of Ryo kept the show at a much higher rating than other spring shows (besides the obvious KimuTaku Change). But even that, look where Kimu comes from... Johnny's. I think a good formula that producers/directors thinks is: if we get someone from Johnny's, it will definitely boost our ratings. Which is generally true. Unless you really screw up the plot line.

So, what about Last Friends? Everything seemed to work together, it's a miracle that Asano-san got the best young stars to work for such a dynamic plot line. However, I think she probably did become worried after week six/seven (i don't remember what happened during these few episodes, probably was a slow storyline during that period of time. So, what better way to increase viewership than to bring Ryo's presence back into the show?

I'll tell you, the thing that made me keep going was to see a resolution of all the character's "problem", yes even sosuke's. I'm not disappointed with this show. It definitely used its screen time wisely to portray modern day taboo issues in Asian/Japanese society. For eleven episodes, I'm very happy with how things turned out to be. Though if I were to see a revision on this show, I'd would have liked a second season of last friends developing on the other four (michiru, ruka, takeru, and eri) problems. But anyways, I would definitely enjoy watching a Last Friends movie, whether it be recasted, or same characters. I don't care, the important matter at hand is awareness of taboo issues. (lol, that's probably why I'm a resident assistant at one of America's most liberal schools)

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 2nd, '08, 17:28

lol, I know some people here will have pretty strong reactions reading that article since many of us were dissatisfied with the ending and SP, but let's remember folks, the article came from a gossip site with no source given. It's probably a hearsay/impression piece based on what the blogger read off other gossip sites. So do take the contents with a HUGE pinch of salt.
bmwracer wrote:This person didn't say where she got this info from... Or was she an observer on the set? The information is completely unsubstantiated. :x

Yeah, that could be one possibility. :glare: I really doubt Juri would get mad at Ryo personally for this, even though she has every reason to be miffed at the way storyline developed, and Juri had probably put in the most effort in developing her role.. Still, I'd have to agree with the overall sentiment of the piece that the focus shifted from developing Ruka/Michiru's bond and turned more and more into the Sousuke DV show towards the end. :roll

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 2nd, '08, 18:25

hanapyupyu wrote:Yeah, that could be one possibility. :glare: I really doubt Juri would get mad at Ryo personally for this, even though she has every reason to be miffed at the way storyline developed, and Juri had probably put in the most effort in developing her role..
I think Juri-chan has strong opinions about things, but wouldn't let her anger get the best of her... (Of course, that's just my wishful thinking, since I think she's perfect :wub: )
Still, I'd have to agree with the overall sentiment of the piece that the focus shifted from developing Ruka/Michiru's bond and turned more and more into the Sousuke DV show towards the end. :roll
Absolutely.

Seems like they sacrificed story for ratings. :(

The Chaotic Apathy

Post by The Chaotic Apathy » Jul 2nd, '08, 23:00

I think the article had this site as the source. Demo, I can't read japanese, so I don't know if that's another gossip site. ^^;

Regardless, of it was true, it seriously would piss me off. I too wanted more Ruka. :-(

rulan

Post by rulan » Jul 3rd, '08, 05:21

wow i'm sooo glad this topic didn't die off. i'm so used to going on here after work that i've been feeling a lack of something since the conversation seem to have stopped. so a big :cheers: yay for everyone.

for the article i'm not sure if it's true or not but i'll take it as gossip like someone else said. though i do agree that juri has every right to be mad because she deserves so much more.

i don't watch or listen to much japanese stuff so it was from this drama that i found out about the johnny entertainment. i actually never knew it existed. seriously isn't there too much hype over this johnny entertainment? i mean i guess i'm one of the minority that thinks ryo isn't good looking at all or any of the johnny boys for that matter. that's why i was completely shocked over the fan-girls yelling for ryo at that game show.

i thought the comment by palabrotas from that article page was funnie.

"Oh and another thing.... If the abuser was some less attractive, less popular, non-Johnny's actor... the ratings wouldn't be nearly as good. It's all the ridiculous Ryo fangirls who are like "omgggg beat meeee ryo-chan!!!!!!11"

it's not the first time i hear girls go "if i can be with ryo-chan i'll let him do whatever he wants to me". all that goes through my head is that YOU NEED HELP!!!

it's so stupid that they feature 5 stars in the opening theme so you think they'll all get equal parts. though given that ruka and michiru is the main stars so they deserve more but somehow sousake beat out the other two and eri got pretty much the same amount of storyline as ogurin who wasn't even featured. i somehow believe that the writer wasn't making things up as she went along. i mean if u noticed [/spoiler]the first couple of eps were awesome but it just slowly went down the drain. [/spoiler]

v*****a

Post by v*****a » Jul 3rd, '08, 09:03

This has been an interesting series to watch. I don't love it or hate it but I find that I can't wait to watch the next episode. One thing that I think has struck me most and kept me so interested is that this is the first time I've seen homosexuality so forwardly portrayed in a Japanese tv show. I have seen some hinting around - guys who are oddly effeminate, women who are too strong and seem to shun any male advances, etc. But in other dramas these situations are never evolved to the point of revelation, just seemingly put there to make one wonder. In Last Friends it is so defined and poignant, maybe that's one reason I keep watching - curiosity of how far the writers are brave enough to take it.

The violence between Sousuke and Michiru, however, was so phony and poorly depicted in my opinion that it bordered on annoying. Here's a guy who is a Child Welfare worker supposedly devoted to battling against abuse yet he goes home at night and beats the crap out of his (fairly) new girlfriend for the silliest reasons. His schemes at getting her to return to him are lame and transparent and that she falls for them shows her to be pathetic not sympathetic. The situation between them goes so far so fast that it doesn't' seem realistic that a) he would have gotten away with it and b) she's the only one who doesn't realize how dangerous this guy is.

On the other hand, Ruka's character is so strong and even on the occasions that she shows her vulnerability it is believable and never detracts from her strength, only adds to it. Takeru seems meek, but also is very strong in that he has so much he holds inside, yet never takes his frustrations out on others. I love watching these two the most because there is so much depth there one can't help but want more.

Eri and Ogura's characters almost seem like last minute additions. Their stories are small in comparison to the others and so inconsequential to the story - to me they almost disappear.

I still haven't watched the last 2 episodes, but I have a pretty good idea how things will end up. Even so, I can't wait to watch them!

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 3rd, '08, 10:48

Ahhh it's 3 am now and still reading all the previous post before ep 10. I just finished watching the hardsubs by oh so wonderful KIOKU (yes I'm trying desperately hard to keep from downloading the raws and watch the whole drama with softsubs). Darn ep 9 is such a cliffhanger. I only read the post up to ep 9 comments because I don't want to spoil the whole drama but please let Ruka be ok. GAAHHH Sousuke, I totally hate you and freaking your scary.

Yes it will be hard to look at Nishikido Ryo the same way. I loved his character so much in 1 litre of tears and Attention Please, but now OMG what a transformation.

As always, Juri-chan sugoooiiiii. What an amazing performance. This is such an intense drama. All the actors are so believable that it makes my heart pound in every scene. Hope the ending has some form of a happy ending. Ahhh, I'll resist reading the rest of the post until I finish the drama. Please KIOKU bring us 2 more episodes and be done with. Ok, gonna sleep now. Need to watch some light drama tomorrow to lessen this tension buildup.

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:01

hanapyupyu wrote:lol, I know some people here will have pretty strong reactions reading that article since many of us were dissatisfied with the ending and SP, but let's remember folks, the article came from a gossip site with no source given. It's probably a hearsay/impression piece based on what the blogger read off other gossip sites. So do take the contents with a HUGE pinch of salt.
bmwracer wrote:This person didn't say where she got this info from... Or was she an observer on the set? The information is completely unsubstantiated. :x

Yeah, that could be one possibility. :glare: I really doubt Juri would get mad at Ryo personally for this, even though she has every reason to be miffed at the way storyline developed, and Juri had probably put in the most effort in developing her role.. Still, I'd have to agree with the overall sentiment of the piece that the focus shifted from developing Ruka/Michiru's bond and turned more and more into the Sousuke DV show towards the end. :roll
My Thursdays without LF starts today...Anyone missing it already? I don't miss Sosuke or the DV part...I miss my Ruka~ T_T

About that article, heh, I think it's exaggerated even though I totally would understand and support Juri's outburst if it were true. When Juri and Masami were approached for the roles, it was obviously supposed to be a story about them. The DV storyline is still there but it's just a reason for Michiru to go to the share house. Then they casted Asami. There wasn't even a Takeru character at that time. So, yeah, a story about these 3 women was one of the ideas then. It's something I would have preferred to watch...heheh. But I guess the producer wanted more male presence...I'm more than fine with Takeru and Ogurin. But Sosuke's character who were supposed to be just a symbolic character was expanded just because it was Nishikido Ryo... the writer was inspired by his sad face...well, something like that, but I think she was pushed as well. Can't have a JE boy just have a small and totally evil role now right? But story development and plot line wise, the producers seem to have quite a lot of say in what happens. The writer, mainly writes the script after everyone decides on how they would proceed. The director...I doubt they have much input because if you notice, the directors are different after every 2/3 episodes...

So, even if she's the vocal type, Juri-chan won't be voicing her anger at the DIRECTOR in the first place. Since it has nothing to do with them. And I'm pretty sure the script is written as it airs, that's why the actors don't even seem to know what will happen in the next few episodes and also why the filming for one episode is being done like 2/3 weeks before hand. Not much time for post-production work too. Btw, if she did voice her displeasure, this should have happened like around 2 months ago? Why is the 'gossip' only getting out now? From what I read/found out, (the real on-set people's blog), Ryo and Juri seemed to get along really well up to the end of filming. It was said that they seemed like buddies. Juri even said that it's hard for her not to be influenced by how she feels in real life so if she really felt that badly, it would affect her acting. I don't see any of that in the show(she was awesome up till the end) or the interviews and other appearances. In conclusion, I think this 'gossip' was born out of some people's disappointment with the show. But...the writer herself seemed to regret that the delicate relationship between the 3 main characters weren't portrayed like how she wanted it to be like. Hmm, well, who ask them to include so much screen time for Sosuke. :whistling:

Now, can we make another show with the 3 women in a share house idea? :mrgreen:

Oh yeah, if anyone's interested, I posted the full translations(well, almost) for the Pre-finale Last Friends Special (Masami's radio show with Juri, Eita, Asami and YamaShige as guests) here:
http://community.livejournal.com/juri_ueno/3382.html
The radio show can be downloaded from the same link or from my earlier post here. ^^

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:20

If that article was true then I'm pretty annoyed. Oh well - we can't do much about it. I guess we should just be happy with what we got in the end - which was still quite a breakthrough. D&MN SOUSUKE!

Well one good thing came out of that article - this thread came alive again!! It was sad to see that it was kind of dead!

hahaha it's good to see that bmwracer is still 100% supportive of Juri!!! ^_^

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:36

I made a comment at that LJ site regarding the source and the person DID have a link to where he/she got that info... :sweat:

However, he/she also stated that his/her LJ site was entirely based on rumor and gossip, so he/she's just propagating rumors and related just for conversation purposes... :glare:

I think it's irresponsible, but tabloid magazines do the same and they're rampant throughout the world, so there's not much you can do but ignore that crap until you hear it from a legitimate source.... :sweat:

lichter002

Post by lichter002 » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:39

^Yuuki wrote: Juri even said that it's hard for her not to be influenced by how she feels in real life so if she really felt that badly, it would affect her acting. I don't see any of that in the show(she was awesome up till the end) or the interviews and other appearances.
Well,
that bonk on Sousuke's head with the lamp looked pretty real to me. :lol

^Yuuki

Post by ^Yuuki » Jul 3rd, '08, 13:57

lichter002 wrote:
^Yuuki wrote: Juri even said that it's hard for her not to be influenced by how she feels in real life so if she really felt that badly, it would affect her acting. I don't see any of that in the show(she was awesome up till the end) or the interviews and other appearances.
Well,
that bonk on Sousuke's head with the lamp looked pretty real to me. :lol
She takes her 'acting' pretty seriously if you haven't notice yet. :mrgreen:
Even better if she can derive 'pleasure' from it. 8)
Heh, Sosuke's lucky it wasn't the broken shards.
I think it's irresponsible, but tabloid magazines do the same and they're rampant throughout the world, so there's not much you can do but ignore that crap until you hear it from a legitimate source....
Yeap. But readers aren't that gullible either so you just gotta choose what to believe and what not to believe. At least it brought about some 'interesting' discussions and revived this place for a bit...

kuo87

Post by kuo87 » Jul 3rd, '08, 16:29

Yeap. But readers aren't that gullible either so you just gotta choose what to believe and what not to believe. At least it brought about some 'interesting' discussions and revived this place for a bit...
ohh, you'd be surprised. there's a lot of people that are driven by what tabloids say. though if you want something that absolutely nobody will believe, try those tabloids where people claim they have an alien in their backyard. seriously.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 3rd, '08, 17:23

kuo87 wrote:
ohh, you'd be surprised. there's a lot of people that are driven by what tabloids say. though if you want something that absolutely nobody will believe, try those tabloids where people claim they have an alien in their backyard. seriously.
Yeah, it's true that some people will believe anything in print as fact, especially now with many blogs posing as legitimate news sites. Though to be fair to that website, it never claimed to be more than a gossip site, sharing gossip (with the blogger's own opinions) and nothing more. (Not to say that tabloid stories and gossip isn't damaging to the people involved). Apparently the source of this piece came from a japanese gossip site, which in turn picked up the story from Bubka -- a japanese tabloid. So there you go, it's a tabloid story, no more legitimate than a story about JLo having quadruplets from the National Enquirer, haha. Let's just dismiss this story as gossip instead of paying it more attention than it deserves. :P (I would love to see Juri kick some producer's ass though, lol!)

By the way, I think we should form a Last Friends Support Group for those of us suffering from withdrawal symptoms... :lol Thursday nights are strangely so empty now. It's great though that this thread can still motivate people to come out of lurkerdom and register to post. Welcome to all the newcomers and good to see the familiar names still around. :D

sarah117

Post by sarah117 » Jul 4th, '08, 00:40

hanapyupyu wrote:By the way, I think we should form a Last Friends Support Group for those of us suffering from withdrawal symptoms... :lol Thursday nights are strangely so empty now.
yesss...count me in !! :lol

regarding the gossip, i actually liked Nishikido Ryo in 1 Litre of Tears. but because of his 'crazy fangirls' out there, somehow it makes me more or less 'hate' him. or plutot his overrated glamor. i know i'm not being fair, but that's what i feel.. well, all pretty boys are not getting my attention much i can say.. :unsure:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 4th, '08, 00:54

sarah117 wrote:regarding the gossip, i actually liked Nishikido Ryo in 1 Litre of Tears. but because of his 'crazy fangirls' out there, somehow it makes me more or less 'hate' him. or plutot his overrated glamor. i know i'm not being fair, but that's what i feel.. well, all pretty boys are not getting my attention much i can say.. :unsure:
I can completely understand where you're coming from when you say you hate Ryo down to his popularity, since I'm very much the same with other certain actors/actresses.

It is pretty low and a very silly reason to dislike a celeb, but hey, what can ya' do. ^_^

Meh, off topic, but I wanted to comment.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 4th, '08, 01:13

Rori wrote:
sarah117 wrote:regarding the gossip, i actually liked Nishikido Ryo in 1 Litre of Tears. but because of his 'crazy fangirls' out there, somehow it makes me more or less 'hate' him. or plutot his overrated glamor. i know i'm not being fair, but that's what i feel.. well, all pretty boys are not getting my attention much i can say.. :unsure:
I can completely understand where you're coming from when you say you hate Ryo down to his popularity, since I'm very much the same with other certain actors/actresses.

It is pretty low and a very silly reason to dislike a celeb, but hey, what can ya' do. ^_^
Eh, it's just being human (unlike Sosuke :P )... Everyone is picky or superficial in one way or another... :)

DeAngel999

Post by DeAngel999 » Jul 4th, '08, 01:29

Ah~.. I am so glad that this forum is still alive :P .
@ hanapyupyu
"Last Friends Support Group" would be nice. If there is one, I would like to join.

@^Yuuki
And thanks again ^Yuuki for the translation. I guess there won't be anymore of this, ne. The drama is over and each go separate way on ther next movie/drama. They might have other chances to work together again in the future. THat would be nice! ANy news about that I would like to know :mrgreen: .[/quote]

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 4th, '08, 03:17

as much as i wanted to join the "Last Friends Support Group" , i can't coz i have to go elsewhere to study next week and where i'm studying, internet excess is kinda scarce (basically i'm just too lazy to go to the cafe for wireless). But not to worry, i'm definitely going to convert my fellow friends into LF fans haha LOL :lol

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jul 4th, '08, 08:15

hmmmm looks like its about time for a second run through of LF! :D

rukaxmichiru

Post by rukaxmichiru » Jul 4th, '08, 08:28

w00t~! Last Friends Support Group!! I'm joining for sure :D :wub:

anyone use facebook? I'll go make a group on there for it if anyone likes.
yeppp, it feels so empty without Last Friends to watch on Thursdays... I'm like heartbroken now :cry:

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 4th, '08, 14:50

fayenatic wrote:hmmmm looks like its about time for a second run through of LF! :D
You must be a masochist. :P

I'm saving the raws and subs on disc for my archives, but I doubt I'll ever revisit this drama anytime soon... It's gotta be the most frustrating drama I've ever watched. :|

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Jul 4th, '08, 16:51

Yes, I agree this Thursday felt so empty with nothing else to look forward to :cry:

Does anyone know what drama fills in the LF tv spot?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 4th, '08, 16:53

zeiroc wrote:Yes, I agree this Thursday felt so empty with nothing else to look forward to :cry:

Does anyone know what drama fills in the LF tv spot?
Code Blue, I think it is?

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jul 4th, '08, 17:01

Yep it's Code Blue - a medical drama starring Erika Toda and that guy from Proposal Daisakusen.

Btw, it looks like they now have mug keyrings!!

http://shop.fujitv.co.jp/daiba/category ... /?Banner=1

Oh and here are my mugs!!! hahaha :D I've hidden it as the picture is a bit big...

DeAngel999

Post by DeAngel999 » Jul 4th, '08, 17:16

sleepyzzz wrote:Yep it's Code Blue - a medical drama starring Erika Toda and that guy from Proposal Daisakusen.

Oh and here are my mugs!!! hahaha :D I've hidden it as the picture is a bit big...
THat's nice. I'll try to get my hand on them! wondering if they'll ship o U.S. But i can't read Japanese T T.
I think 57th Television Drama Academy Awards would be "Last Friends" and best actress should be Juri. but i don't know about best actor... could be Eita but.. isn't Michiru is the main actress, too? lol this is a drama with 2 main actresses! :roll gosh i want to know about what they will get after the drama ~

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 4th, '08, 17:27

yeah Eita and Juri should both get best actor and actress and not Ryo or Masami lol.....

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Jul 4th, '08, 17:39

avieamber wrote:as much as i wanted to join the "Last Friends Support Group" , i can't coz i have to go elsewhere to study next week and where i'm studying, internet excess is kinda scarce (basically i'm just too lazy to go to the cafe for wireless). But not to worry, i'm definitely going to convert my fellow friends into LF fans haha LOL :lol
Gambatte!! :D Go spread the LF love far and wide...lol...it's the PERFECT drama for people addicted to anguish and suffering. :lol :roll

sleepyzzz: Sugoii, you managed to get Ruka, Takeru and Michiru cups? How big a hole did that burn in your pocket? :P Lovely mementos. Fujitv sure knows how to milk this show, now with keychains too.....
DeAngel999 wrote: I think 57th Television Drama Academy Awards would be "Last Friends" and best actress should be Juri. but i don't know about best actor... could be Eita but.. isn't Michiru is the main actress, too? lol this is a drama with 2 main actresses! :roll gosh i want to know about what they will get after the drama ~
Well based on previous nominations, it seems that one drama can only have ONE lead actor and actress nomination. If that's the case, then Masami would be slotted for best actress nomination, Juri best supporting actress, and Eita or Ryo for best supporting actor. They can't both be nominated for best supporting actor, so either one might get a best actor nom? :scratchchin:

DeAngel999

Post by DeAngel999 » Jul 4th, '08, 22:13

Well based on previous nominations, it seems that one drama can only have ONE lead actor and actress nomination. If that's the case, then Masami would be slotted for best actress nomination, Juri best supporting actress, and Eita or Ryo for best supporting actor. They can't both be nominated for best supporting actor, so either one might get a best actor nom?
Now that makes me realize. Masami's name is listed above Juri's name in the cast list in Wikiaddicts. So that makes sense for Masami to be the lead actress. But somehow to me (I guess.. to most of everyone here) , Juri's acting is just super and took over Masami's acting. :thumleft: I would be mad if Juri gains nothing from this :x

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Jul 4th, '08, 23:16

sleepyzzz wrote:Yep it's Code Blue - a medical drama starring Erika Toda and that guy from Proposal Daisakusen.

COOL!! Thanks for sharing sleepyzzz I am glad you got them to fill in that LF void :)
The mugs look so real...like duh they are real, but real as in "hey is that from the set instead?"

The keychains look neat and cute.

Oh, Thanks for the heads up guys. Code Blue has that Yamapi? dude...the worst actor ever. That guy is so dull and hideous like a piece of white bread. Well, maybe the white bread looks slightly more delicious...sorry if I offended hardcore Yamapi fans...he ruined Pro Dai for me.

lichter002

Post by lichter002 » Jul 5th, '08, 02:50

Already had my friend go but the cups for me. :lol

Juri-chan should get the best actress nod. I didn't think Masami did a good job at all. Or Ryo--all he had to do was look creepy, which is actually quite natural to his face. I don't think Eita was given enough to earn a nomination though.

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Jul 5th, '08, 04:57

I'm glad there are people who take interest in the mugs!! hahaha I got a bit desperate and ran out of things to write on LF so I wrote a post on my mugs!! LOL hahaha

DeAngel999: No they don't post overseas so you will have to go thru an agent to buy them. They will generally charge 10% commission on cost of goods + shipping. It is something that you kind of need to think twice. I used http://www.i-tm4u.biz/
I've only tried them once but they were friendly and did well in my case.

hanapyupyu:hahah Three mugs do add up to a bit - eh?? You didn't need to REMIND ME?!! But well - I don't regret - Just getting a drink these days boosts my mood!! hehehe
zeiroc: The mugs look so real...like duh they are real, but real as in "hey is that from the set instead?"
Heheh that thought cross my mind too when I first got them! hahaha CRAaazy...

As for Code Blue, it looks like the only drama worth checking out this season - I'm so disappointed - nothing comes close to LF!! Yeah and I don't really like that guy's acting...
:-(

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 04:59

Or Ryo--all he had to do was look creepy, which is actually quite natural to his face.
Are you serious? It took Ryo a lot more than making "creepy" faces to pull that character off. Don't under estimate his acting in this drama, it was his acting that attracted nearly EVERYONE to this drama.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 5th, '08, 06:02

Ladymercury wrote:Don't under estimate his acting in this drama, it was his acting that attracted nearly EVERYONE to this drama.
Every fangirl, you mean. :P

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jul 5th, '08, 06:52

DeAngel999 wrote:
Well based on previous nominations, it seems that one drama can only have ONE lead actor and actress nomination. If that's the case, then Masami would be slotted for best actress nomination, Juri best supporting actress, and Eita or Ryo for best supporting actor. They can't both be nominated for best supporting actor, so either one might get a best actor nom?
Now that makes me realize. Masami's name is listed above Juri's name in the cast list in Wikiaddicts. So that makes sense for Masami to be the lead actress. But somehow to me (I guess.. to most of everyone here) , Juri's acting is just super and took over Masami's acting. :thumleft: I would be mad if Juri gains nothing from this :x
It'll be a shame if Masami gets a nomination for Best Actress, when most people I've seen were in the drama for Juri's portrayal of Ruka. I don't really know how this award show in specific works, but I would think both Masami and Juri are top billing. If in fact this is the case, then producers of the show should be smart enough to push Juri for the Best Actress, instead of Masami.

And I agree with previous comments that Ryo, and Sousuke overall, wasn't very much interesting as character. He's neither a cool villain, nor a person you could really care for even if he was bad. But yeah, loads of fan girls fuming and swooning over him (including a friend of mine).

I haven't seen any dramas of this season, but I would put Eita for a supporting role. LOL This has been an odd drama to watch~~ If Michiru was to be our main pull, they've failed because my fave characters/interpretations are as followed:
Juri/Ruka
Eita/Takeru
Asami/Eri - even though she didn't have much to do... I still wonder, does anyone know if anyone's posted Eri My Love?
and it's a tie between Masami/Michiru with Ryo/Sousuke

I've gone fangirl on Juri.... I so want her photobook with the pretty photos. *must save money*

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 5th, '08, 07:01

siutou_amy wrote:I would be mad if Juri gains nothing from this :x
Be ready to get mad: the way the writers altered the story for ratings, they'll end up giving an award to Mr. DV.... :(
I've gone fangirl on Juri.... I so want her photobook with the pretty photos. *must save money*
That'll be money well spent. :thumright:

davidk

Post by davidk » Jul 5th, '08, 07:05

Ladymercury wrote:
Or Ryo--all he had to do was look creepy, which is actually quite natural to his face.
Are you serious? It took Ryo a lot more than making "creepy" faces to pull that character off. Don't under estimate his acting in this drama, it was his acting that attracted nearly EVERYONE to this drama.
Yeah, it's hard to underestimate his acting in that drama, simply because it was so low I can't go any lower.

Really, he did well for what he was given, but he was given so little that I find it hard to believe it was his acting that attracted anyone outside of his fans, let alone "nearly everyone."

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 07:17

I am not a Ryo "fan", though I do know of him because he happens to be in the boyband I like the most.

Anyway, I felt his acting to be superb and compared to what I have seen him in, he really proved to me that he can handle a role of this caliber. I guess no one paid attention during that scene, that final scene, that he and Masami share. That confusion, that anger, and hurt and pain. The way his body shakes, how he was crying.

You can hate his character all you want but don't detract that from his acting abilities from tackling such a character.

Don't take what dues are due.

kishimoto-ruka119

Post by kishimoto-ruka119 » Jul 5th, '08, 08:04

does anyone knows if there is a video of the Last Friends part where juri-chan plays the piano while hikki sings?

lichter002

Post by lichter002 » Jul 5th, '08, 08:27

The way the writers kept on plugging in "sympathy scenes" for Ryo obviously showed that they wanted to paint him as a scarred, scared, and pitiable character. They didn't want him to be a literal bad guy, just someone misunderstood and unable to love properly I suppose. However, all he was able to do was straight up meanness (that's certainly putting it lightly). Had they removed all those unnecessary scenes trying to explain how Ryo's actions were a result of past trauma, and that last scene of his with the letter (man that was such fan service), I would have agreed that he did a great job being a villain. But, as you can see with how much people ended up hating his character, despite the fact the writers tried to make him less detestable (and trying to draw sympathy), well, I suppose he failed.

Still a matter of opinion of course.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 08:59

But if people hated his character, how did he fail as an actor. His character was the villian, his character was DESIGNED to be hated. Thus he played the role well to even get his precious fangirls to be fearful of him.

I don't think people understand what I am trying to say here. Getting people to like you DOESN'T make you a GOOD actor. It takes a lot more effort to put fear and hatred in someone than it takes to make someone like you.

Meh.

rukaxmichiru

Post by rukaxmichiru » Jul 5th, '08, 09:09

bmwracer wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:Don't under estimate his acting in this drama, it was his acting that attracted nearly EVERYONE to this drama.
LOL! It wasn''t his acting that attracted everyone, it was just him being in there. :glare: I bet if he was like some sub character that didn't do anything at all peoplewould still watch for him. bleh.

EVEN THOUGH he is in my favorite JE group... NEWS, it doesn't affect the fact that Ryo, in my opinion, lacks in the field of acting...
And, I don't think that one good scene of acting at the end is enough to pull him up to a Best actor nomination.
You gotta look at everything as a whole, like in the scene where Juri hit him with the lamp, his reaction and fall was kinda awkward and slow :|

Juri should get best actress and Eita should get best actor :wub:

rulan

Post by rulan » Jul 5th, '08, 09:26

rukaxmichiru wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
LOL! It wasn''t his acting that attracted everyone, it was just him being in there. :glare: I bet if he was like some sub character that didn't do anything at all peoplewould still watch for him. bleh.

EVEN THOUGH he is in my favorite JE group... NEWS, it doesn't affect the fact that Ryo, in my opinion, lacks in the field of acting...
And, I don't think that one good scene of acting at the end is enough to pull him up to a Best actor nomination.
You gotta look at everything as a whole, like in the scene where Juri hit him with the lamp, his reaction and fall was kinda awkward and slow :|

Juri should get best actress and Eita should get best actor :wub:
that's what i thought too. i mean that was supposed to be the most anticipating scene cause we all wanted to know what happened to ruka and when she hit him with the lamp it was like hell yea...but then you look over at ryo and it's like ok my scene is done i can rest now. i seriously only pay close attention to the DV scenes because I want to see how in the world are those realistic. yea i understand that ryo didn't want to hit a girl but you gotta play the part or else don't take it. i'm not a fangirl of his and have never listened to his music so this is all base on his acting of sousake.

at first it was interesting for a good guy to turn evil in a matter of one ep but after that it was pretty much all evil. it's easy to just play one part but hard to show both good and bad and making it believable but sadly he was just bad. i've watched a lot of evil/crazy characters but i still love them because their acting was superb. ryo was only ok to me.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 09:40

it's easy to just play one part but hard to show both good and bad and making it believable but sadly he was just bad.
But when was there ever an opportunity, besides the first and last episode, for him to show a side of kindness? Honestly? I blame the writers for not giving "Sousuke" more depth beyond scary wife beater stalking and beating the **** out of everyone, cept Eri, in the share house.
You gotta look at everything as a whole, like in the scene where Juri hit him with the lamp, his reaction and fall was kinda awkward and slow
Is that all? You base all of his poor acting over one scene in episode 10? What about the other 9 episodes that he was in? What about that FINAL season in episode 10? His facial expressions in the first scene, the scissor scene of episode 3 (or was it 2?). The way he would be nice one minute to Michiru and a monster the next. Did this all fly by everyone?

I am no way a Ryo Nishikido fan, but putting this against what other acting performances I have seen him in and what I saw in Last Friends, given what he had, he convinced me more than Eita's " I was molested as a child and have sexual and social issues ".

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 5th, '08, 10:03

wow now u gonna slam Eita bcoz other people slam Ryo acting.....
i like Ryo but no way his acting is better than Eita...beside as u said it the writer fault not to develop more of Ryo character and also Eita storyline....if Eita given more material to act with his storyline would be much memorable but he have done superb acting with the little material given.....
this thread become brutal today lol with everyone to prove their own point when the actors themselve get along so wel lol:(
i hope when i come back again this thread gonna have more positive discussion than keep fighting bout the same thing over and over again lol...
PEACE^^

m-ayu

Post by m-ayu » Jul 5th, '08, 10:04

bmwracer wrote:
siutou_amy wrote:I would be mad if Juri gains nothing from this :x
Be ready to get mad: the way the writers altered the story for ratings, they'll end up giving an award to Mr. DV.... :(
I'm neither Nishikido Ryo's hater nor a fan of his. but that would be yuck if Juri gets nothing while he got the praises. He did alright, but it wouldn't be fair if he's the only one who got recognized.

No offence for his fangirls, but seriously, it's really sad when popularity beats everything (including talent).
I mean, I wonder if people will still praise Sousuke's actor if he were played by a fat, bald, full of beard dude who could cry and beating up people as Nishikido Ryo did. *roll eyes*

This is why I wish every interesting drama doesn't include any JE boys.
Cause in the end, they always be the heroes. :unsure:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 5th, '08, 10:09

Now although i like Ryo Nishikido as an actor especially after watching him for the first time in 1 Litre of Tears, to compare him with Eita (either character wise in LF or their acting skills) I very much PREFER Eita's in both areas this time. And i really think Eita would've earned the Best Actor award more than him (IF they were nominated anyway).

Yes, maybe the writers are to be blamed for giving such lousy story for sousuke or even Takeru, and didn't touch in depth of their pasts which leads to their present nature. Still, Eita managed to showcase the character's traumatic expression very well and convincing. Whereas for Sousuke (Ryo) sometimes i find he just wasn't as convincing. but nevertheless, i like that fact that he took up this villain role, at least, it's something different from the ones he had before.

I also agree with almost everyone here who thinks Juri should win best actress more than Masami. She totally surpasses her ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, without doubt. That's a fact. So, if Juri doesn't win it and Masami did, i know i wouldn't be the only one mad.

lichter002

Post by lichter002 » Jul 5th, '08, 10:11

Too lazy to think of all the instances, but the writers didn't create Sousuke to be hated, as I mentioned earlier. If that was their purpose, he did a great job then. Which I also mentioned earlier. :|

Sympathy scenes:
Playing with the mommy-less kid
Saving the kid from the train
The last letter thingy to Michiru
Everytime Michiru insisted Sousuke loved her blablabla ("This rape baby is a gift" WTF)
Making him seem pitiful instead of evil - he waited outside in the rain instead of banging on the door--much more realistic for an "evil dude"
I'm sure there were others but I've only watched it once so I don't remember the others. The parts with the kid were totally unnecessary if they didn't want to make Sousuke a more sympathy-worthy character. Like I said, if those parts were removed, he would have succeeded in being the bad guy by being hated. But with all the scenes where they try to redeem him and make him seem like a nice guy inside, well, it just didn't work. Everyone still ended up despising his character.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 11:28

Salz wrote:wow now u gonna slam Eita bcoz other people slam Ryo acting.....
Are you actually reading what I said? Wow, that is the most ridiculous comment I have ever read. I don't even KNOW what to say to that comment right there.

People, Ryo would not get BEST ACTOR because he was not in a Male in a Leading Role, that category would go to Eita because he was the leading male in the drama, the only thing Ryo would be up for would be SUPPORTING ACTOR. >_> Anyway.

Juri could not receive best actress because she is not a leading actress, that was Masami. Juri was a supporting actress, not leading. Again, to even compare those two is ridiculous because they would not even be up for the same award.

I don't even count the finale as a testment to Ryo's acting considering Ryo wasn't even acting in the finale, persay. So that argument falls short on the writers, not Ryo Nishikido's acting skills. Yes, I felt the child was pushed on but I also realized the child was a reflection on Sousuke's past, as for his acting it was showing his contradiction. Sousuke was a contradiction, it wasn't to win you over it was to show you the contradiction that was Sousuke.

Example:

" Are you lonely? "
" No, I am not. "
" Why? "
" Because she will come back to me "

It was to show the contradiction in his character, Sousuke was not written for your sympathy, he was written to show you the contradiction of a man that he was. Ryo, I felt, successfully pulled that off. I did not like Sousuke, I felt him to be a contradiction, and I think he pulled that off. I was not looking for signs of caring and a sign for me to like him. Sousuke's character was sick, I believe everything was clearly acted well enough from Ryo for me to understand this. I knew he was sick, I knew he was angry, I knew that he was a villian, I knew he needed help. All of this was conveyed to me.

When he comes around a corner, when I put my hand over my mouth, when I react to him that means Ryo Nishikido has got me believing his character.

I am not going to continue with this anymore, I am just going to say what I am going to say and go but I feel that due should be given. The cast was great and not a single person was weak. To say Masami was a weak actress because her character is weak is almost as dumb to say Ryo was weak because I didn't like his character.

You must UNDERSTAND their character, the direction, the scene, the atmosphere and then judge from there. Don't go for the first layer, dig deeper. That is what I am trying to say.

lichter002

Post by lichter002 » Jul 5th, '08, 12:37

:lol :lol A contradiction indeed.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 5th, '08, 15:16

rukaxmichiru wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
Yup, that's what I think as well... If Sosuke wasn't played by a JE boy or similar, the ratings wouldn't have been so high, nor would the story have been altered to try to humanize him...

siutou_amy

Post by siutou_amy » Jul 5th, '08, 19:42

bmwracer wrote:
rukaxmichiru wrote:
bmwracer wrote: Every fangirl, you mean. :P
Yup, that's what I think as well... If Sosuke wasn't played by a JE boy or similar, the ratings wouldn't have been so high, nor would the story have been altered to try to humanize him...
Actually, I second that motion with the comment of my friend...
"Why didn't you tell me Ryo was in the drama??"
"I did... when you mentioned JE some... time. Doesn't matter, go watch for Juri."
"well, you shoulda pressure me to watch it more. Ryo's so hot, but I can't believe he's the bad guy! You better tell me he's redeemed in the end."

le sigh.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jul 5th, '08, 20:06

siutou_amy wrote:
bmwracer wrote:
rukaxmichiru wrote:
Actually, I second that motion with the comment of my friend...
"Why didn't you tell me Ryo was in the drama??"
"I did... when you mentioned JE some... time. Doesn't matter, go watch for Juri."
"well, you shoulda pressure me to watch it more. Ryo's so hot, but I can't believe he's the bad guy! You better tell me he's redeemed in the end."

le sigh.
Your friend got her wish, thanks to the scriptwriter... :nuts:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 21:01

Yes, because all JE fans are the same way *rolls eyes*

minigoo

Post by minigoo » Jul 5th, '08, 22:54

ladymercury, ur avatar pic is so cute. did u draw it yourself?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 23:48

No, one of my hilariously awesome friends did.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jul 6th, '08, 00:54

Ladymercury wrote:No, one of my hilariously awesome friends did.
that's so nice! ask your friend to draw more haha :thumright:

zeiroc

Post by zeiroc » Jul 6th, '08, 02:54

"nice" avatar Ladymercury...i guess those scenes of DV appealed to some...

magicmusic

Post by magicmusic » Jul 6th, '08, 03:41

Ooh, yeah, time for my Sousuke/Ryo bash!

I don't think Ryo did a terrible job in this drama. I think he did the best he could with the crap he was given. Sousuke was the catalyst for all of the action in LF, yet that character was the least well-written! HUH? Irritation abounds!
Why give us all these sympathy scenes with no conclusion? We just get this hackneyed background story that Sousuke's mom was a bit of a ho and neglected him. Well, where did he learn that violence was the answer? How am I supposed to feel sympathy for someone I haven't been taught how to understand? Sousuke could have been a really damn interesting character. Instead he was just like a paint-by-numbers kiddy story villain. WEAK.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '08, 04:25

magicmusic wrote:
Why give us all these sympathy scenes with no conclusion? We just get this hackneyed background story that Sousuke's mom was a bit of a ho and neglected him. Well, where did he learn that violence was the answer? How am I supposed to feel sympathy for someone I haven't been taught how to understand? Sousuke could have been a really damn interesting character. Instead he was just like a paint-by-numbers kiddy story villain. WEAK.
I agree with you there, I think the writers just got caught up in the LAST FRIENDS IS THE HOTTEST FREAKIN DRAMA OF THE SEASON spill and just focused, on what was hot and forgot that, you know, character development. Out of all the characters, the only one who remotely got the most development was Ruka -- Everyone else was just there.

I am really lost on Eri's purpose as a character, she felt as important as Ogurin which isn't saying much.

Oh well, what can we do, ne? I'll just pretend eps 10, 11, 11.5 barely existed because you'd think the writing be better, instead, I felt it was the worst. Copouts abound, everyone! Wasted over dramatic scenes that prove no relevance to the plotline! Whoo hoo!
zeiroc wrote:"nice" avatar Ladymercury...i guess those scenes of DV appealed to some...
Have sarcasm, embrace it :roll

bewitched1101

Post by bewitched1101 » Jul 6th, '08, 04:32

Hey I have a question.....I usually watch Last Friends using Kiouku's versions. But their ep. 10 is not out yet and I'm DYING to know what's going to happen in the last episode. I see there are other versions to download, but I need english subtitles. Do any of these other versions have subtitles? or are they all RAW versions? Like, Last Friends EP10 (704x396 Divx6).avi or Last Friends ep10 (1280x720 DivX6.xx). Do either have subs?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '08, 10:17

There's... soft subs....

minigoo

Post by minigoo » Jul 6th, '08, 13:57

zeiroc:

i said ''nice'' not because i approved of DV.
what i mean with ''nice'' really supposed to mean ''cute drawing''.
as in the cartoon itself how it was drawn!

sorry my english is not that good.