[Discussion] Maou (Ohno Satoshi & Ikuta Toma)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
aninahmad

Post by aninahmad » Jul 5th, '08, 02:10

hi everybody!

You all manage to watch Maou... and from the review that I read, the drama is great?

I wish I can watch it eventhough it's RAW, somehow I just can 't open the link given at FLC.

How long do you think the RAW will come out for downloading? It is so frustrating not able to see it when the review read are so great... :cry: :crazy:

I'm crossing my finger for the RAW and better still for the sub to come out soonest possible.

Thank you all for the review and please continue to give us hints and spoilers for us who unable to watch live.

Ganbatte! Arigato Gozaimasu!
Last edited by aninahmad on Jul 5th, '08, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '08, 02:11

could the red room relate to the red envelope??
or is the red color a symbol??
EDIT: I read the script, yeay! It means " 過去の罪への償い " Kako no Tsumi he no tsugunai - " Atonement for (your) past crimes "
oh yay! i got it right XD, i wonder if he's going to use a different card for every crime?

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 5th, '08, 03:02

Ladymercury wrote:LOL, I just had a mental image of Ohno going, TO THE BAT CAVE and pulling on one of his law books to get inside his secret red room. Yes, I am weird.
Hahaha!! Now I'm gonna get that picture in my head every time he goes into that room... :lol
Yeah, but I think he's getting too emotional, then again, maybe that's how brash his character is?

Yeh, I thought so too. But I suppose maybe it's a little early to begin judging it yet!! :D
kozumifan wrote:could the red room relate to the red envelope??
or is the red color a symbol??
Ooooooh. Iiiiiine!
Let's getting all arty and talking about underlying symbolism... heehee.

I haven't seen the original either. Will wait until this season is over before I do though. Wanted to see this one with fresh eyes! :wub:

counterfeitdreamer

Post by counterfeitdreamer » Jul 5th, '08, 03:13

I cant wait to see this! As much as I looooove Toma...
I know that no one will play the role better than Uhm Tae Woong. He's such a great actor and so underrated o.o.
But that's not to say that Maou isnt going to be awesome. It's just that I doubt he'll be as good as Tae Woong.

MielCanela

Post by MielCanela » Jul 5th, '08, 03:45

so far so good. the first episode started off slow for me but it got better and better towards the end. i think they were trying too hard to make it as cryptic and intense as the original with all of the creepy music but it does fit well with the drama. anyways, looking forward to the rest of this drama. hopefully they do develop some type of love triangle in this version cause the Korean one had a tinge of it but didn't really build on it.
btw for those of you hoping to see more of Nino, his character doesn't really play much into the story so don't expect too much, i think it was just a one time cameo
as for the red room, i really think its just for developing the photos, unless it takes the place of the museum with the "gates of hell" exhibition in the Korean version. i don't think so though, they don't seem to have the same meaning, the red room must just be there to set this version apart from the Korean one.

also, the tarot cards do play a large role in the drama, they may have different meanings to what you've heard but they all tie back to Ikuta Toma's character.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 04:56

Well, reading back on the script, Nino's character was Kumada, that attorney that got Toma off for the death, son.

I just find it strange that Nino suspected Ohno of his father's death.... Even though he attacked Ohno in a drunken haze, still, it's interesting to say the least why inclined Nino's character to think that

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Jul 5th, '08, 04:58

Are there ratings out for this yet?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 05:01

.... It's only been literally 14 hours from the broadcast, so I doubt it.

dnice

Post by dnice » Jul 5th, '08, 05:20

even though i don't really understand much, but i think the first ep they showed too much flashback of the same thing happening to ohno's brother..

well, i'm watching it for the second time -the repeat telecast on tbs that's airing like right now.. heehee.. but they cut a few scenes from it (like that tarot girl sister's earring)

can't wait for next friday~ and also the subs.. :lol
p.s. anyone who wants to watch it live from next friday onwards, can ask me how ok... i won't put it up here in case anything will happen (to me.. -by ohchan..haahaa..like real..but u all should know what i'm talking about neh..)

junebug6272

Post by junebug6272 » Jul 5th, '08, 06:12

great first episode... :D looks like this will be my main drama for the season.

My thoughts/some complaints on the first ep.

i was somewhat put off by toma's overacting early on but most of the later scenes were well done (he does this wierd pouty lip twist thing in all of his roles that just irks me for some reason :glare:)

also the cameo...was i the only one that found it somewhat unecessary?? i mean I enjoy Ohmiya as much as the next girl, but it was all of 5 secs long and did nothing to further the story, i'm pretty nino's cameo was just an additional promotion tactic. I only mention this because I've noticed japanese dramas have the tendency to sacrifice storyline for ratings and I hope this doesn't happen for maou.

despite my complaints i really enjoyed the first episode and can't wait till next week.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 06:17

junebug6272 wrote:great first episode... :D looks like this will be my main drama for the season.

My thoughts/some complaints on the first ep.

i was somewhat put off by toma's overacting early on but most of the later scenes were well done (he does this wierd pouty lip twist thing in all of his roles that just irks me for some reason :glare:)

also the cameo...was i the only one that found it somewhat unecessary?? i mean I enjoy Ohmiya as much as the next girl, but it was all of 5 secs long and did nothing to further the story, i'm pretty nino's cameo was just an additional promotion tactic. I only mention this because I've noticed japanese dramas have the tendency to sacrifice storyline for ratings and I hope this doesn't happen for maou.

despite my complaints i really enjoyed the first episode and can't wait till next week.
I explained Nino's cameo in my post here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... tm#1059911

His cameo did strike some impact, as a foreshadowing, I thought.

tanita1213

hm..

Post by tanita1213 » Jul 5th, '08, 06:38

ohno's acting was reallly good in maou.. sort of scared me though.. it was really sad when he was crying.. n then suddenly he stood up with a glare.. i was like " what the?!!!" almost jumped off my chair lol.

seems like the storyline is basically exactly the same as the korean one.. except the fact that ohno plays a role thats older than toma's .. which is the other way around.. n there wasnt a harmonica in the korean one.. but the song " somewhere over the rainbow" is exactly the same.

and actually.. there wasnt a RED room in the korean one.. at all. i was sorta surprised maou didnt mention anything about the "gates of hell" at the city main subway station (dont think it was a museum).. because the "gates of hell" plays a big role in the tarot cards.. maybe they'll mention it later..

Maou's storyline does go way faster than the korean version.. which i was worried about because there is sooo much to cover.. n the korean one was 20 ep.. and maou is going to be like 10 or 12 at longest.. thats like half out.. in the 20 ep.. alot of stuff happened.. all the ep had something important going on..

i found it a bit sad that they mentioned who the "devil" was right at the beginning.. unlike in the korean one.. everyone seemed like they would be the "devil" it kept the watchers expecting.... but i guess ohno's acting makes up for it.. :unsure:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 07:15

Spoiler cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut please.

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 5th, '08, 07:49

so a lot of you got issues on Nino character?

I've watched Mawang, contrary to previous comments by others who have watched the original too, Nino as the son of the dead lawyer is an important character imo.
In the original, the dead lawyer was about to have a wedding reception for his son. The son was obviously close to the father. The dead lawyer was also one of Seung Ha (Naruse Ryo in Maou) mentors but were not close. There's something more but I won't reveal it just yet because THAT'S A HUGE SPOILER.

In Maou we can see Nino was clearly depressed about his father death. Drunk and angry he attacked the angelic lawyer, Naruse who's defending his father's killer. This confrontation never happened in the original thus I can't guess what was being said. All that we can conclude from the scene was that Naruse doesn't care about the lives he had affected by his act of revenge. As Shiori had mentioned, the man is heartless... for now *jeng.. jeng..jeng..jeng..* >D
If I'm guessing correctly... Nino will make another appearence :X... MAYBE
About Shiori, the psychometri librarian..
she has connection with both Naruse & Serizawa's past. She recognises the boss detective.. there's a reason for it.
I don't know why Naruse was staring at her with hate in his eyes.
there would be changes in the storyline from the original and I can't guess how they are going with Naruse/Shiori/Serizawa love triangle

aishoni2

Re: hm..

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 5th, '08, 08:17

tanita1213 wrote:ohno's acting was reallly good in maou.. sort of scared me though..
it was really sad when he was crying.. n then suddenly he stood up with a glare.. i was like " what the?!!!" almost jumped off my chair lol.
seems like the storyline is basically exactly the same as the korean one.. except the fact that ohno plays a role thats older than toma's .. which is the other way around.. n there wasnt a harmonica in the korean one.. but the song " somewhere over the rainbow" is exactly the same.

and actually.. there wasnt a RED room in the korean one.. at all. i was sorta surprised maou didnt mention anything about the "gates of hell" at the city main subway station (dont think it was a museum).. because the "gates of hell" plays a big role in the tarot cards.. maybe they'll mention it later..
Maou's storyline does go way faster than the korean version.. which i was worried about because there is sooo much to cover.. n the korean one was 20 ep.. and maou is going to be like 10 or 12 at longest.. thats like half out.. in the 20 ep.. alot of stuff happened.. all the ep had something important going on..

i found it a bit sad that they mentioned who the "devil" was right at the beginning.. unlike in the korean one.. everyone seemed like they would be the "devil" it kept the watchers expecting.... but i guess ohno's acting makes up for it.. :unsure:
spoiler cut please.
as for the differences.. of course they have to move faster and some plots will be sacrificed. its a remake afterall right?
It is best to reveal who's the "devil" in the beginning because it is suposed to be known by the audiance. This drama is a human drama masked under a thriller theme. It a real challenge for the Maou team to insert every details from the original. Echoing my friend's words, i would rather it be a good "adaptation" than a rushed remake.
Last edited by aishoni2 on Jul 5th, '08, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

Lotikuma

Post by Lotikuma » Jul 5th, '08, 08:19

don't you guys found that .. Maou's red room .. with all the pictures of Toma could be like..a Toma's fangirl bedroom? XD
It's great for Oh-chan for his first lead drama that is o good. But i hope it worked as well in Japan.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 09:47

Lotikuma wrote:don't you guys found that .. Maou's red room .. with all the pictures of Toma could be like..a Toma's fangirl bedroom? XD
After reading on 2ch the types of batshit crazy fans exists, I wouldn't doubt there is a girl with a room like that.

Ohno: OMGGGG IM TOMA'S BIGGEST FAAAAAAAAAAN I WATCH YOU EVERY DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOMA-CHAN DAISUKI :wub: ONE DAY YOU AND ME WILL GET MARRIED AND LIVE FOREVER AND EVER IN MY LITTLE RED ROOM :whistling: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 5th, '08, 12:16

lol at the post above! :lol
first ep was really amazing... I didn't really think that toma overeacted... but oh-chan was really great... the whole time I was like how can someone as adorable and angelic as him be so frightening... :goggle: :lol
anyway, my hat is off to 0h-chan and toma-chan for making a very good premier episode... :salut: :cheers: :thumright: :thumleft:
and I can't wait to see the subbed version... as well as epis0de 2...
:w00t:

Archaenon

Post by Archaenon » Jul 5th, '08, 17:10

I think everyone should take the time to watch the Korean one. Aside from the fact that Joo Ji Hoon is amazing , it was such as awesome show.

I finally got around to watching Maou , and it's pretty decent. I didn't feel Tomas character that much ( I'll be honest , I don't really care for his acting , but that's personal opinion ) , but Ohno did a good job.

cold

Post by cold » Jul 5th, '08, 17:35

ano... is someone going to sub this? (random)

Lotikuma

Post by Lotikuma » Jul 5th, '08, 17:44

Yeah Stormy Fansubs are doing it ^_^

cold

Post by cold » Jul 5th, '08, 17:49

yatta!! ^^

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 19:46

Archaenon wrote:I think everyone should take the time to watch the Korean one. Aside from the fact that Joo Ji Hoon is amazing , it was such as awesome show.
I'll watch it after this one, like I said, I'm afraid of being too overanalytical if I watch the original Korean drama over this one. I got that way with Zettai Kareshi and never finished it, so I really don't want that to happen to this one D:
I finally got around to watching Maou , and it's pretty decent. I didn't feel Tomas character that much ( I'll be honest , I don't really care for his acting , but that's personal opinion ) , but Ohno did a good job.
Toma did overact and it was annoying at some times, but, hopefully he'll settle into his character. It's just so different seeing him in this type of role, he's always played a goof ball, that maybe I am being too harsh on his acting this time around? I dunno, but I do think he played off the knife-murder reenactment pretty good.

sungie

Post by sungie » Jul 5th, '08, 20:20

cold wrote:ano... is someone going to sub this? (random)
You can see our subbing progress here:
http://fansub.d-addicts.com/STORMY_team ... _9.2C_2008

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 21:03

Quality subs take time~ Keep up the good work guys :D

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 5th, '08, 21:40

Ladymercury wrote:Toma did overact and it was annoying at some times, but, hopefully he'll settle into his character. It's just so different seeing him in this type of role, he's always played a goof ball, that maybe I am being too harsh on his acting this time around? I dunno, but I do think he played off the knife-murder reenactment pretty good.
I think the only places I've seen Toma acting in serious roles have been on stage. So maybe he's still trying to work out how to do it on screen? On stage, he is a brilliant actor. But the screen is a bit of a different game. Which I also think may be why the knife scene worked so well - it did require some Proper Acting, while the rest is kind of like, being a normal person... if anyone knows what on earth I'm on about... :P

Probably not... :P

But yeh, I do hope he gets used to it soon, cuz I do think he is a great actor, but he is still learning, after all. :wub:

And thanks to the guys from Stormy subs!! :cheers:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 5th, '08, 23:51

I think he's probably putting too much stage acting into this drama, which doesn't require much exaggeration. I hope he kinda settles in ... a lot ... better in this role and split the two apart.

im_amot

Post by im_amot » Jul 6th, '08, 06:35

Everyone already seeing episode 1 .. Poor me ..

Toma kun Daisuki .. although he is over acting, i also dont mind, he is so kakoi XD

meagermiser5

Post by meagermiser5 » Jul 6th, '08, 08:07

I just finished watching the first episode of this intriguing series. It was RAW, but I can at least say that I understood some parts without the help of subs. Subs are a great help, but this was great practice, and I think it made watching the show all the more fun. When I heard that this would be a suspense drama, I thought, "what a weird genre to see Ohno in." I didn't doubt that he would be able to handle the role; it was just a matter of me getting in the right frame of mind 'cause I've always seen him being silly on his variety tv shows (Mago Mago Arashi, Arashi no Shukudai-kun, etc). But now, it feels like there's a whole new aura around him...even when I see him on those variety shows. 感動します

Seriously looking forward to what the rest of the series has in store for us. In the meantime, I will fight the urge to watch the original Korean show >_<

Reigning_Ninya

Post by Reigning_Ninya » Jul 6th, '08, 13:08

Hmm maybe Toma got used in stage acting, where everything must be over the top and magnified, that's why in subtle "normal" role like this one it is hard for him to get used to. I do hope he adjusts though.

The opening title sequence is so cool, brooding atmosphere and the song with strings and piano. Perfect.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 6th, '08, 14:25

i luv this drama already from the first ep^^
good acting from both lead...maybe a little over acting from Toma at first but the knife-murder reenactment scne is fantastic^^
Ohno crying scne also well done and suddenly he change to become cold again just after crying is amazing..
i hope the next ep is also as good or much better^^
beside Rookies this drama gonna be my most fav next season XD

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '08, 16:27

Rookies is still airing??

The opening sequence is amazing, isn't it :)

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 6th, '08, 17:28

yeah Rookies still airing^^
it one of the best drama last and this season^^

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '08, 17:38

it's about baseball huh?

Salz

Post by Salz » Jul 6th, '08, 17:45

yeah it about baseball...
this drama really good and all the actors is also really good^^
Sato Ryuta is the main actor...
this guy is great :thumleft:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '08, 18:45

Why is it so long?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 6th, '08, 18:49

Ladymercury wrote:Why is it so long?
All the weeks off it's had, due to Volleyball and whatever else.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '08, 18:52

ohh, that's why.. i remeber watching some of it while waiting for the last ep. of gokusen 3

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '08, 21:49

Rori wrote:
Oh, so it was delayed, but it has a normal amount of eps, right?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 6th, '08, 22:11

Ladymercury wrote:
Rori wrote:
Oh, so it was delayed, but it has a normal amount of eps, right?
Not sure of the exact number, but yeah. Shouldn't be any longer than your normal Jdrama series.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 6th, '08, 22:38

Ah okay.

Whoa, topic derail XD

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 7th, '08, 00:34

1st episode ratings:

14.0% 22:00-23:09 TBS [新]金曜ドラマ・魔王

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 7th, '08, 00:54

what?! 14%!!!! WHY?!
this episode was very entertaining >___<

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jul 7th, '08, 00:55

Those ratings aren't too bad, but let's hope it gets better!

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 7th, '08, 00:56

well yeah but i was hoping for a 18% at least :(
hopefully, it will get better :)

totally_0bsessed

Post by totally_0bsessed » Jul 7th, '08, 01:19

14% what?? :pale:
I was also expecting it at around 18 or 17 at the least... :cry:
The first ep was awes0me...

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 7th, '08, 01:31

I think there was a Ghibli movie on another channel.
Japanese people love Ghibli.. (the whole world should love Ghibli :P) but that's too bad for Maou.. let hope it'll get a better rating for the next episode :)

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 7th, '08, 01:43

dont worry, Maou was the 2nd highest rated show on that date, its ratings was higher than the Ghibli movie and it was second only to an NHK news program.:)

07/04金
16.4% 19:00-19:30 NHK NHKニュース7
12.5% 19:30-19:58 NHK 特報首都圏
*6.5% 20:00-20:45 NHK 新トーキョー人の選択
10.7% 20:45-21:00 NHK 首都圏ニュース845
11.6% 21:00-22:00 NHK ニュースウオッチ9
*8.5% 22:00-22:50 NHK 四元奈生美のてくてく北京
10.7% 19:00-20:00 NTV ぐるぐるナインティナイン
*9.5% 20:00-20:54 NTV 太田光の私が総理大臣になったら…秘書田中。
12.2% 21:03-22:54 NTV 金曜ロードショー「猫の恩返し」 (Ghibli movie)
*9.0% 23:00-23:30 NTV 未来創造堂
*8.0% 18:55-19:54 TBS ランキンの楽園
11.8% 20:00-20:54 TBS ドリーム・プレス社
12.4% 21:00-21:54 TBS 中居正広の金曜日のスマたちへ
14.0% 22:00-23:09 TBS [新]金曜ドラマ・魔王
10.9% 23:15-23:45 TBS 恋するハニカミ!
*7.4% 19:00-19:57 CX* 検定ジャポン
13.1% 19:57-21:49 CX* 金曜プレステージ「さんま&くりぃむの第1回芸能界(秘)個人情報グランプリ」
11.6% 21:55-22:52 CX* 一攫千金!日本ルー列島
10.9% 23:00-23:30 CX* 理由ある太郎
*6.1% 23:30-23:58 CX* 僕らの音楽
*8.9% 19:00-20:54 EX__ ネタのジャンル決戦!THEおもしろキング
12.4% 21:00-22:09 EX__ [新]ロト6で3億2千万円当てた男 (Lotto 6 de 3 oku 2 senman En Ateta Otoko, Sorimachi Takashi's new drama)
11.4% 22:09-23:25 EX__ 報道ステーション
*9.1% 23:30-24:25 EX__ 芸能界かがく部 世界一難しいニュース番組
11.0% 19:00-22:09 TX__ 第39回夏祭りにっぽんの歌
*7.0% 22:15-23:09 TX__ たけしの誰でもピカソ[/b]

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jul 7th, '08, 01:50

Hmm, 14% doesn't seem too bad to me. Usually the dramas I watch have around a 10% rating.

So excited about the next episode, i think i'll have to watch the raws instead of waiting for the subs to come out, i don't think I can handle the wait time hehe.

I don't listen to jmusic that much, so i guess both the male leads are from arashi? The guy that plays the lawyer has all kinds of psycho hotness going on (kinda reminds me of Tanihara Shosuke, without the chin hehe) and I really dig the psychic girl.

I'm going in with no expectations or preconceptions, so I hope the rest of the eps are as good as the first.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 7th, '08, 01:58

hey9 wrote:I don't listen to jmusic that much, so i guess both the male leads are from arashi? The guy that plays the lawyer has all kinds of psycho hotness going on (kinda reminds me of Tanihara Shosuke, without the chin hehe)
Only Ohno (the lawyer) is from Arashi. Toma (detective) belongs to no band. (As far as I know, anyway) But they are both Johnnys, nonetheless. We did see another Arashi member though, and that was Nino near the end. ^^

I was expecting the ratings to be higher than that, too. At least above 17%. But since it was the 2nd highest rated, it doesn't really matter.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 7th, '08, 04:15

the first episode was eeeepic XDD Unfortunately I just now was able to watch it.. but yeah.. so far.. GREAT! Ohno looks so.... so evil D:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 7th, '08, 04:33

totally_0bsessed wrote:14% what?? :pale:
I was also expecting it at around 18 or 17 at the least... :cry:
The first ep was awes0me...
I look at it like this, it beat Sorimachi Takeshi's drama and it was higher than Last Friends. That in itself is an accomplishment! :cheers:
Toma (detective) belongs to no band. (As far as I know, anyway)
Yes, and he's still a Junior as well.

Edit:

That's an amusing watch for you Maou fans, and take a good look at Ohno's expression.

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 7th, '08, 13:00

Ahahahahahahaha!! That was hilarious!! :lol

And fangirly squeals for Toma, because he is just too beautiful to be real! :wub:

Fallona

Post by Fallona » Jul 7th, '08, 13:13

Ladymercury
xDDDD I totally love Ohno's reaction
and he's the leader xDDDDD

and i do wonder how long will Toma still be a junior lol

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 7th, '08, 13:29

i love his many expressions :)

here's another promo clip I love:
"Anata ga, Maou desu!" xD

Fallona

Post by Fallona » Jul 7th, '08, 13:48

xDDDDDDDDDDD

anata ga maou desu

TOTALLY loved it although i didn't recognize the woman he was talking about but anyway i kinda understood the point xDDDDD

i can't wait to see what Nakai has to say about maou when the episode comes out subbed

Eheednee

Post by Eheednee » Jul 7th, '08, 13:51

does anybody know how many episodes will be? on dramawiki in raiting column there are only 6 episodes. is it true?^^''

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 7th, '08, 14:05

Fallona wrote:xDDDDDDDDDDD

anata ga maou desu

TOTALLY loved it although i didn't recognize the woman he was talking about but anyway i kinda understood the point xDDDDD
that's Wada Akiko. She's a respected multi talented celebrity who's really famous for making bitting remarks on bad behaving up-and-coming celebs (eg. Sawajiri Erika). Ohno should actually be wary of her but casually said that xD. Toma came to the rescue pretty quickly. Thank you for taking care of our leader :D.
But Ohno was just too cute to get mad at really *squishes*

The episodes are still not determined (hoping its a full 12episodes). The info at drama wiki is just a tentative. I think its easier to put up half of the table first until official news comes out.

im_amot

Post by im_amot » Jul 7th, '08, 15:07

14% only .. Yamapi drama already 21% for the first episode .. quite dissappointed as this drama is really good .. i watch the korean version already and it was superb !!!!

Eheednee

Post by Eheednee » Jul 7th, '08, 15:30

aishoni2
thank you^^
i was quite disappointed because.. 'only 6 episodes? that's too bad -_-'

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Jul 7th, '08, 15:40

Do Friday night dramas usually get high ratings? Wouldn't people be out or something? That's the theory I'm clinging too. :lol Hopefully as the series progresses the ratings will increase.

Enaji

Post by Enaji » Jul 7th, '08, 21:51

Can't wait to watch the first ep. I was thinking of waiting for subs, but since I've no information of someone subbing this and I'm kinda impatient so gonna watch this ^_^

tsumabukis

Post by tsumabukis » Jul 7th, '08, 22:34

Yeh, Friday nights are a horrible time for dramas to be on. :(

Don't really understand how Code Blue's ratings are way higher, either, cuz the only hype around here lately has been for Maou (well, that and the HYD movie)... maybe a little for Kimutaku's drama... but all the magazines are covered with Riida and Toma. :P

Hopefully they'll get higher as the season progresses! ^_^

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 7th, '08, 22:56

i think yamapi's drama is getting high ratings because of yamapi :lol
but it's also a good drama, the cast and storyline is interesting
im waiting for subs! :cheers: 4 more days until ep.2 :lol

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 7th, '08, 23:39

the 14% rating was actually the highest within that hour.
Friday's ratings usually are tough unless it is a really good drama. For example Hana Yori Dango first episode was only 14.5% it ended up being one of the most popular Japanese drama ever made (with an awesome box office movie to boot :cheers: )

As for Code Blue... Yamapi doesn't make the drama alone ya knoe. Gakki and Erika are very popular too. It attracted both the fangirls and fanboys. I know some who'r interested to watch the drama for the theme song alone. Mr. Children's Hanabi is as usual wonderful. Yamapi seems happen to have others to help him :P. Putting that aside, we shouldn't compare ratings for both drama because it aired on different days.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 8th, '08, 04:49

Wahaha, I can't believe he said " You are a devil " LOL " That person isn't a human! "

Stormy subs is subbing Maou but no one announced soft subs. I translated the first like 6 minutes of Maou (soft sub) before giving up and realizing I'd have too much on my plate when Yasuko to Kenji starts and when our group tackles that one.

As for code blue, I am really amazed at all the discussions and stuff for it. I had expected Maou to get the same reaction but its like no one is watching it. I guess people are waiting for the subs... ?

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 8th, '08, 06:47

xDDD makes you wonder did she really dipped her hand in hot oil for the korokke.

so Code Blue already have softsubs?
too bad no one taking the task of soft subbing this..
but its pretty easy to figure out the plot just by watching the RAW. their marvelous expressions tells the story well enough.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 8th, '08, 11:09

Cold Blue already has soft subs~ and I think that yamapi fansubbing group is almost done with Code Blue ep 1....

Someone will eventually do it, don't worry ^_^

Enaji

Post by Enaji » Jul 8th, '08, 23:08

Just watched the 1st ep and it was gooood:D well even though I could understand most of it without subs, but it would still be nice if someone started subbing it :)

dimitri_can

Post by dimitri_can » Jul 9th, '08, 03:19

I don't mind subbing it... since i got the japanese subs already...

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jul 9th, '08, 03:37

Rori wrote: Only Ohno (the lawyer) is from Arashi. Toma (detective) belongs to no band. (As far as I know, anyway) But they are both Johnnys, nonetheless. We did see another Arashi member though, and that was Nino near the end. ^^

I was expecting the ratings to be higher than that, too. At least above 17%. But since it was the 2nd highest rated, it doesn't really matter.
Ah, thanks, Rori. I was watching a few youtube vids with Ohno, I really like him. Seems very down-to-earth and his artwork is fantastic. Very different from his character. I'm surprised that he hasn't had more acting roles.

To be honest, I don't really get the viewing patterns in Japan, so I'm not gonna bother :P

@dimitri_can: I'm sure many people would be grateful for softsubs.

dimitri_can

Post by dimitri_can » Jul 9th, '08, 03:50

are there any rules that i need to observe if i am subbing?

aishoni2

Post by aishoni2 » Jul 9th, '08, 04:12

^ hi dimitri :)
you can read the rules here: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_34292.htm
here are other threads related to fansubbing: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewforum_19.htm
sorry not much help, just redirecting..^^;;;;

owh.. and tianj also posted her timing at Maou's torrent thread: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63027.htm

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Jul 9th, '08, 04:38

A little late, but just thought I'd post my thoughts about the ratings...

14% for the first episode of a drama for the TBS Fri@10 timeslot isn't bad. It's slightly less than what Around 40 had last season, but better than the couple before that. Plus, the two leads aren't that famous--Ohno is famous for being part of Arashi, but he hasn't really had too many drama appearances, thus probably isn't too well known among the drama crowd. As for Ikuta, he's still just getting noticed, and thus probably doesn't have the power to pull in too many people besides some Johnny's fans.

And I think it's quite understandable that Code Blue's ratings are significantly higher. 21% was higher than I was expecting, but I was still expecting about 18-19%. Yamashita has been pulling in good ratings with dramas for a while now, and Gakki has gained mass popularity within the last year or so. You also have to consider that Code Blue is airing at the Fuji Thurs@10 timeslot, during which Last Friends was airing last season, which pulled in 20%+ for the last couple of episodes, which I would think is bound to be helpful for the new drama. In addition, serious medical dramas tend to do well, and the fact that they have a strong supporting cast, including names such as Yanagiba and Ryo must be considered as well.(I personally felt that the supporting cast for Code Blue was much stronger than Maou's.)

Anyway, I liked both dramas, so I'll continue to watch both of them.

im_amot

Post by im_amot » Jul 9th, '08, 05:16

just want to share with you guys what i found :w00t:

credit to cocolovescream@crunchyroll.com

Amazing, isn't it? :thumleft: