[Discussion] Code Blue (All Seasons)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 5th, '08, 21:12

yay! subs are out :cheers:

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Jul 5th, '08, 23:55

waaaa i try to make a point of not liking a jdrama from the first episode (because thats usualy where all the good stuff is combined) and then the second episode is less interresting and it goes downhill from there (unless its a really awesome and well-planned one)
so untill the second episode is out, i'm really liking the first one XD (is actually super excited but trying to hide it) i'm liking the characters, kinda remind me of grey's anatomy only without the annoying relationship parts (there's this confident doctor, the unsure one, the underestimated one and then there's the nice encouraging one who is always talked down to) XD
i was a little bothered by the beginning and the introduction of the characters, why does pi have to be topless in the begenning of his dramas? (kurosagi and now this) i dont like it at all and think its unnecicary :s hm well anyway i think he's doing better here than in Kurosagi, looks like he learned alot XD i think its more believable now that he's a 'confidant' person, before he used to strike me as 'annoyed and would rather be somewhere else' but that's just my openion since i only watched nobuta and kurosagi. i'm glad he was given a quiet character, i think akira was a funny role for pi but it didnt fit him at all, i'd rather watch him do akira-stuff naturally backstage with the rest of news XD in nobuta it just seemed fake sorta :s

hmm this is turning out to be a yamashita discussion :S i'll shut up now XD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '08, 04:44

WOW~ that was good :lol

i didnt get the medical terms the first time, but i still didnt get it with subs =\, difficult huh?
i was shocked when yamapi amputated the arm on the spot, i didnt catch that on the RAW
the blood was everywhere. Erika's 'yata' was cute :lol
this was omoshiroii lol, i cant believe the lady's family wouldn't come to see her :(

YamapisWifey

Post by YamapisWifey » Jul 6th, '08, 05:53

i totally dont agree with you (some other person that posted earlier)
i LOVE the soundtrack. even if it seems like it would be off, it's still good music. some of the ost is really epic to add to the dramatic scenes, makes it more suspenseful like. anyway i love the music. this drama is a total hit.

yamapi22

Post by yamapi22 » Jul 6th, '08, 10:25

watched it... yey!!! for me.... it's creepy.... but great first episode

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Jul 6th, '08, 11:44

watched the ep1.... i love the girl with earings.. shes cute... :D

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 6th, '08, 15:46

just watched ep01

I thought it was a very good one..plus, I love medical dramas & it has been a while since I saw one..

I really like the doctor with glasses..he was soo adorable XD and I really want to know more about Aizawa;s character..I think yamashita did well in the 1st ep~ & erika toda was better than usual...

I felt sorry for the little girl though :-(

overall, I enjoyed watching this ep & can't wait to see the res..thought I didn't understand some of the medical terms :P

and I LOVED the ost!! also the ending song was nice :wub:

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Jul 6th, '08, 18:04

Love Angel wrote:just watched ep01
I really like the doctor with glasses..he was soo adorable XD and I really want to know more about Aizawa;s character..I think yamashita did well in the 1st ep~ & erika toda was better than usual...
I think Yosuke Asari's character is mainly there for comic relief. If any of you have watched Grey's Anatomy before, he reminds me of George, both seem to blunder a lot but are nice at heart.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 6th, '08, 19:41

There was one thing that confused me.

When Dr.Heli arrived at the school, were they spraying water on the part where it was going to land? Why do they need to do that in the first place?

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '08, 19:45

Rori wrote:

When Dr.Heli arrived at the school, were they spraying water on the part where it was going to land? Why do they need to do that in the first place?
my guess is
to prevent the dirt from flying everywhere, because of the heli

Question, what if there's an emergency at night? :scratch: Dr. Heli wouldnt come right?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 6th, '08, 19:49

kozumifan wrote:
Rori wrote:

my guess is
Oh, yeah. Could be that. >_<
kozumifan wrote:Question, what if there's an emergency at night? :scratch: Dr. Heli wouldnt come right?

No, don't think it would. Remember, that old doctor with glasses told Shiraishi that the helicopter is only in action until sunset.

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 6th, '08, 20:02

kozumifan wrote:
Question, what if there's an emergency at night? :scratch: Dr. Heli wouldnt come right?

when Aizawa was walking beside the helicopter at night, it was covered right? so I don't think Dr. Heli would come to rescue people at night :roll

gmak

Code Blue ED Theme

Post by gmak » Jul 6th, '08, 20:46

just watched code blue ep 1. it was awesome! something worth watching!
i especially enjoyed the ending theme. is it available somewhere?

usmang

Post by usmang » Jul 6th, '08, 22:00

anyone recognize the little girl whose arm got amputated? i think i've seen her in other doramas...

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 6th, '08, 22:09

usmang wrote:anyone recognize the little girl whose arm got amputated? i think i've seen her in other doramas...
Her name was Miki, right? Here's her dramawiki page.

Just had to look up Code Blue on dramawiki and she was listed down as a guest. ^^

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 6th, '08, 22:43

i wonder who's gonna be guest next :lol
i cant wait! im excited about this drama <3

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Code Blue ED Theme

Post by XrayMind » Jul 6th, '08, 23:17

gmak wrote:just watched code blue ep 1. it was awesome! something worth watching!
i especially enjoyed the ending theme. is it available somewhere?
From the DramaWiki, the song is HANABI by Mr.Children. And from the Amazon.co.jp page, the CD single won't be release until Sep 3

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Jul 7th, '08, 01:28

Rori wrote:
usmang wrote:anyone recognize the little girl whose arm got amputated? i think i've seen her in other doramas...

Just had to look up Code Blue on dramawiki and she was listed down as a guest. ^^
If I remember correctly, isn't she the girl that had appendicitis in Iryu 2 and was like the child born out of wedlock of some politician or something?

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Jul 7th, '08, 08:07

Rori wrote:
kozumifan wrote:
Rori wrote:

my guess is
Oh, yeah. Could be that. >_<
i googled and yes, it's to prevent the dirt and dust from flying everywhere. read this article here.

jica

Post by jica » Jul 7th, '08, 19:12

I guess Yamapi was topless because they want to show his sexiness...?
Well, he looks rather cool in this drama. Although I like his friendly side as Akira in NwP I think Aizawa (Kousaku!!!!!! That's Kame's character in 1PG. XDDDDDD. *gets shot for off-topicness*) and Kurosagi kinds of guys get my fangirl heart more. ^______^;

Though I really think Pi's character here is creepy. Right, he is doctor stuff, he is confident and cool and knows his things, can work under pressure, but he also seems so cold. I get the feeling he doesn't really care about the patients (I guess later episodes will prove me wrong, hopefully), like he doesn't see them as persons, only as human bodies. Well, maybe that is how you should see it when you're a doctor, otherwise you will be paralysed if you have to consider the people's feelings, their future and before you've finished they would die. But isn't Aizawa too cold and a bit... scheming? Hehe.. however, I find this kind of character interesting too, more of the bad guy stuff.

I'm not sure if I like Erika's character herself or the character because Erika is playing her. And I wish the pairing was Pi and Erika, but I guess it won't. Anyway, I like the glasses guy too, very sympathic one. I don't know about Yui's character though... And the seniors are pretty rude, aren't they? O.o

Enaji

Post by Enaji » Jul 7th, '08, 21:48

ah the first ep was quite good:D I liked yamapi's chara being all cool and good at the doctor heli stuff:D well since this is a drama, things won't ever go that smoothly so looking forward to what's going to happen

usmang

Post by usmang » Jul 8th, '08, 19:53

Rori wrote:

yup, that's her. i've seen her in iryu 2. that's why i feel that i've seen her before

nek

Post by nek » Jul 9th, '08, 01:59

suprisingly good.

jessiesoon
Malaysia

Post by jessiesoon » Jul 9th, '08, 05:48

watched epi 1 and my!!!!! it's good... i am so loving it...
love yamaP, love gakki...
will continue to support this j-dorama!!!

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jul 9th, '08, 07:42

Anyone know what's the name of the actress in the control room, coordinating the access of the helicopter?

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jul 9th, '08, 10:27

Rori wrote:If I say so myself, I'm really fond of the music. =)
Seconded! It raises the tension :thumleft: Really, it's the first time for me every hearing any bgm (in a drama) like it before. Almost sounded like trance to me XD Can't wait to get my hands on the OST!

Love Angel

Post by Love Angel » Jul 9th, '08, 17:59

atskv9 wrote:
Rori wrote:If I say so myself, I'm really fond of the music. =)
Seconded! It raises the tension :thumleft: Really, it's the first time for me every hearing any bgm (in a drama) like it before. Almost sounded like trance to me XD Can't wait to get my hands on the OST!
I keep re-watching some scenes from the drama just because of the OST XD totally LOVE it :wub:

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Jul 9th, '08, 19:01

haha! me too, i keep on rewatching the scene because of the musics!!

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jul 9th, '08, 20:06

First time posting in this thread. I usually post in threads only when i find a drama really good :D

So i will be honest and confess that i started watching this drama only because of Yamapi. Even so it took me 6 days to finally lay back and watch it! Why? Simply because i wasn't a fan of medical drama.
I don't consider this spoiler but i'm using spoiler tags just in case.
Well the beginning of the first episode got me hooked in an instant. The part that showed each of the trainees individually and their lockers was really good. Like we already had an image about each of them. Aizawa the cool guy, Fuikawa (the glasses guy) the clumsy guy, Hiyama (Toda) the stylish girl, Shiraishi...well i can't rmember how her locker room looked like. I was probably amazed by Yamapi's body at that moment.

Another good point was the insterted music. I see you were already talking about it :mrgreen: yeah it's all about that piece of music that was played during Aizawa's flight.

And then the final scene had truly revealed Aizawa's mask. The cold hearted doctor that enjoys his job in quite an evil way if something like that is possible ! His character is omoshiroikatta indeed.

Ok i cannot believe it but i love this drama. I'm impatiently waiting for the next episode. I want to see more of each character. I want to see the clumsy guy, i want to see the arrogant Aizawa, the smart but timid (not to use coward coz it's such a cruel word!) Shiraishi, i want to see Hiyama getting her chance to fly!
I'm really curious how these characters will develop. :wub:

Wongo

Post by Wongo » Jul 9th, '08, 20:32

usmang wrote:
Rori wrote:

yup, that's her. i've seen her in iryu 2. that's why i feel that i've seen her before

First off I would like to say that I enjoy the series and will probalby continue watching it. Enjoy the characters previously except it's the first time seeing the guy with the glasses though I will have to look him up more.

Anyways on to the quote,
The girl was in the episode in Iryu 2 with the one where she needed a transplant when she was really young and for some reason, she got sent here again. I think. It may not look like it, but I think she's a actress to watch out in the future. I've been following her ever since Yakusha Damashii and Dare Yorimo Mama wo Ai su.
Now for my thoughts about the first episode. Some general comments I don't think I need spoilers for. I found it a little confusing through the transitions of the cases, but maybe it was just me. The older doctors did what they were suppose to do when it comes to training people who want to be part of a specialized team. Music was good. I am very excited for the continuation of the series.

indie

Post by indie » Jul 9th, '08, 20:37

I've been busy with school and work but I had to take time out and comment on this drama! YAMAPI is back!! Yatta! :lol

I'm not a huge fan of regular medical dramas (I only watch Scrubs and House mostly; Grey's Anatomy, ehh I'll pass on that) but I found myself liking this one! Granted I only watched because Pi was in it and wasn't really expecting myself to even really like it but I found myself liking it in the end.

Yamapi's character seemed cold to me. Seems more like he wants to be the best than to help people. The way he sees patients is probably just something to operate on. Seems like he's in it to feed his ego. And yeah, that final scene was creepy. Hopefully he warms up in later episodes. And that opening scene where he's shirtless.... omg :wub: :heart: !!

Gakky's character seemed like the book smart type but can't really handle the real life situations. I think the drama needs to progress more cause I can't really determine if I like or dislike any of the characters yet.

A lot of the stuff they presented didn't really surprise me all that much, except for the heli doc that was new to me, because my uncle is Chief of Neurosurgery and I'm on my way to the medical field (not sure if I want to be a doctor myself though). Last summer I spent a good amount of time at his hospital helping out and stuff. There were some people who are like that old lady's kids, they refused to care about their parents and I was shocked by how heartless some people can be.

And I know some people commented that the mentor doctors seemed kinda harsh but this isn't a normal job, if the interns messed up, someone's life is in their hands. They need to tell the interns that they made a mistake and then jump in to try and fix it. I think that's just part of the training process.

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Jul 9th, '08, 21:58

I like medical dramas, but this was the first I've seen in a while, since a lot of times I end up passing on them, as I don't like to see blood and organs too much. I thought the first episode was entertaining, and pretty well-done. Initially, I thought there was too much stuff going on at once (what with each of the flight-doctors-in-training having their own storyline), but I have a feeling I may actually like this style. It doesn't give too much emphasis on just one character, thus making it well-balanced. I was quite surprised at how Yamashita didn't get all of the screen time.

Overall, though, I thought the main cast was too young. Considering that the characters all have ER experience and are pretty much full-fledged doctors at this point, their characters must be at least 26 years or so. Yet Yamashita, the oldest of them, is only 23 (and he looks younger than his age). So I thought in that way, the drama was a little unconvincing. However, I guess it didn't bother me too much. It's just fiction anyway.

Personally, I've never felt that Yamashita, Aragaki, and Toda have been good at acting. So when this drama was first announced, I was amazed at how they managed to get all of these bad actors! Lol. (This is just my opinion, so please don't shoot me!) After watching the drama, I definitely feel that YamaP and Gakki still need some work. I think Yamashita will be able to grow into his role pretty easily, since his character is unhumanistic anyway, and hopefully Gakki will be able to grow into her role as well. As for Toda, I actually thought she was pretty good this time around. I was a little surprised, as I always found her to be a pretty bad actress. I thought her facial expressions and stuff were pretty convincing, and hope that her experience in this drama will help her to grow as an actress. Of the main four, I thought Asari Yousuke (the glasses guy) gave the most convincing performance. I've seen him here and there previously, and have always thought he was pretty good, so no surprise there. As for Higa Manami (the flight nurse), I thought she gave a pretty good performance as a kinda cold nurse. Lol. But she didn't have too much screen time, so it's kinda hard to tell at this point. Also, I thought the drama had a really good supporting cast, with a bunch of familiar names and faces from other movies/dramas, such as Yanagiba and Ryo.

Perhaps the most interesting/captivating part of the first episode was the contrast they showed between the two arm-amputating situations. The first being that of Fujikawa and the girl, and the second being that of Aizawa and the 19-year-old guy. The first situation was obviously characterized with lots of emotion and showed how well Fujikawa was able to relate with and care for his patient, while the second situation showed how cold and business-oriented Aizawa is, despite immediate amputation being the only way for the patient to survive.

All of the characters definitely have their own uniqueness, making the viewer interested to see how each of them will develop and grow.

...By the way, I personally don't like the soundtrack too much. Lol. Though Mr.Children's HANABI is good.

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 10th, '08, 00:55

celticmoon wrote:Overall, though, I thought the main cast was too young. Considering that the characters all have ER experience and are pretty much full-fledged doctors at this point, their characters must be at least 26 years or so. Yet Yamashita, the oldest of them, is only 23 (and he looks younger than his age). So I thought in that way, the drama was a little unconvincing. However, I guess it didn't bother me too much. It's just fiction anyway.
According to the plot synopsis, Aizawa and the glasses guy are 29. The 2 female doctors are 26. All 4 have worked in ER depts of other hospitals before joining the Dr Heli fellowship program.

Actually my main problem with Code Blue is also the "youth" of the main cast. Although i thought Yamapi brought out the coolness of Aizawa rather well, it felt that he was over-compensating, trying too hard to be an older man at times. Having said that the story is interesting enough, well- supported by several veteran actors. I intend to view this drama as "Yamapi n Gakky's adventures Pt 2 - Cosplaying doctors" lol, hence the unsuitability the main cast doesn't bother me that much anymore.

All in all, feel that It's a pity though, Code Blue had the potential to be on par with some of the great Fujitv medical dramas. Makes one wonder if there is such a dire lack of popular actors bet 25-32 these days? If the producers had such a Yamapi n Gakky fetish, maybe they should really have waited 2-3 more yrs to film this story.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jul 10th, '08, 01:16

The first episode was alright. Was a bit dissapointed that yamapi's character felt like a secondary character because he didn't have much screentime. Things started to get interesting when he was able to ride the helicopter like the scene at the factory and he's quick decesion as to what to do.

I think the main problem I had with the episode is that it had to many main characters and they tried to give them the same amount ot screen time. Because of that it was hard to tell what kind of character yamapi is trying to play as don't know wherever if he's a cold hearted type of character or the caring type that always stays "cool" in anytime of situation.

Anyways overall it was an alrlght episode there's still potential that it could get better.

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 10th, '08, 06:00

lol, Yamapi as 29 yr old? no wonder his hair :lol
I agree they look too young, like a fresh graduates... where it's impossible to work in emergency care, at least in my country, where we have to do 2 years internship before being in charge at a casualty.
but I have to say they carry their role well, at least in the first episode.
and whoever who directed it is totally superb, even if it's a medical drama but all the procedures were done correctly - like,
the one when Yamapi secured an airway in the patient who Asari Yousuke failed to intubate. and the part where he amputated the guy's arm, first when I saw him touching the patient while wearing sterile gloves i was like lol, yamapi, there's no point wearing sterile gloves if you touched his shirt. but to my surprise, he changed to another pair before the amputation. and he wore them correctly!
*melts*
code blue is more fast-paced where they don't concentrate on only one patient per episode, and it's that way coz it's all about emergency medicine anyway, not elective surgery like in Iryu. and it's a bit too fast for character development to complete, it's just one episode.. lets wait and see :mrgreen:
the supporting cast = superb. they really portray the situation well: some are sceptical, some are supportive, just like in real life. as a medical student and now in my final year, I can caonnect well to this drama. and I LOVE IT TO BITS! :wub:

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 10th, '08, 06:05

lol that was my first post after 2 yrs?

hope to come more frequently to spazz about code blue, yoroshiku ne minna ^_^

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Jul 10th, '08, 14:42

Holy crap, they're supposed to be 29 and 26??? HAHAHAHAHA! I think Erika actually looks a little older with the the wavy hair so maybe I can believe her as 26. Yamapi 26 at the most too. The other two?? Er... 20, tops. They couldn't find any older actors for these parts?

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 10th, '08, 15:52

Why the hell did they cast actors in their early 20th for roles that're supposed to be nearly 30 years olt? Oo'
Well~ I love all of the actors so I won't complain xD...

And I think I'm going to watch the first episode now! *afraid to get spoiler-ed*

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 10th, '08, 16:20

Yeah, that was one thing that bugged me; how young they looked. I'm not complaining since I like half the cast but their actors look way too young to play almost 30 year olds. Gakki and the doctor who wears glasses looked like they've only just hopped out of high school.

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 10th, '08, 16:29

yeah, i always though,"deng they're too young to be doctors" XD
now i know their ages :lol

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 10th, '08, 16:36

but then again: japanese look always younger than you'd expect them to be xD
My mother and several friends asked me, when they were watching My boss My Hero, if Tegoshi was a girl and thought he was around 15 XD...

iamme

Post by iamme » Jul 10th, '08, 16:55

hi,it's my first time posting here.i watched the 2nd episode.it was really interesting. i like it a lot.just wonder if i could get any summary of this episode as my knowledge of japanese is really very limited, thank you :)

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 10th, '08, 17:07

why not watch them with subtitles?
the 1st episode is out now...
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63148.htm

and I'm sure the 2nd episode won't take too long~

As for a summary: sorry I don't know where to find one

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jul 10th, '08, 17:25

I finally got the time to watch Ep One, with subs. Sheesh, took me long enough lol.

Urm, firstly, I didn't quite like Pi's character there. He was too cold. Like he didn't express himself to the others very much. Right at the ending, I thought he was rather scary, telling Shiraishi that he wanted to be the top-notch doctor. Idk, but he sounded demonish. LOL. I do hope I mistaken him.

For Shiraishi, I thought she's sort of a plain person, even though I really do like Gakki. XD There's nothing to anticipate from her, except to see her climbing another ladder to success towards being a doctor. She seemed rather down after a failure, and somehow I felt really sad over it.

Surprisingly, I really like the guy with spectacles and Erika. It was ironic to say I wasn't even interested watching them before the drama. And I hated Erika, but now I don't. She done her role pretty well. :P

I can't believed I cried. I thought I would be yawning away. But this doctor drama is really emotional. ><"

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 10th, '08, 18:14

I was positively surprised by the frist episode. I didn't expect it to be that exciting...
Although the characters are rather... "stereotype" I like them~

Kousaku aka Yamapis character apparently has some kind of secret or thingy in the past ... Probably a loss of a dear family member or something like that~I wonder what it is. But I guess they have to tell us soon, since they can't have a cold-hearted unsympathetic main actor that is a doctor...
I also wonder if there's some kind of tension between Megumi/Yui and her parents?

Well, I'm glad that it turned out not so bad ^^

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 10th, '08, 18:35

for those who can use Veoh:

[bye bye, links]

links will be deleted later~
Last edited by Rori on Jul 12th, '08, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

iamme

Post by iamme » Jul 10th, '08, 18:49

yolchen: thank you :) i've watched the 1st ep- with subbed. i find it really interesting. yamapi potrays his character really well.....actually all the actors potrays their respective characters splendidly.

i was wondering what was it with the grandma at the beginning and why aizawa have to take the responsibility and have to apologize to the lady'S family...

i'm looking forwards to aizawa's transformation throughout the series.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 10th, '08, 18:50

too bad that i don't understand japanese óo

kamiru2374yakusoku

Post by kamiru2374yakusoku » Jul 10th, '08, 18:50

is there only 6 episode?? cuz wen i checked dramawiki.. in the episode rating part.. it only showed upto 6 epi... hopefully its more than that atleast 10 or 11... i need more yamapi these days

iamme

Post by iamme » Jul 10th, '08, 18:58

oh ya,i saw it too at the dramawiki page of code blue.i was wondering too it this drama has only 6 series?

indie

Post by indie » Jul 10th, '08, 19:24

I hightly doubt that it'll only be 6 episodes. I think we can't put in a definite chart on the dramawiki because they haven't announced the official number of episodes Code Blue will have.

Take Last Friends for instance, I remember seeing the chart start off with about 6 episodes too. But by the end of the series there are 11ep+Special, which is now shown on the chart.

And I can't wait to see episode 2 :lol !!

iamme

Post by iamme » Jul 10th, '08, 19:57

oh,is that so...i see :)

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 11th, '08, 00:38

as expected, just like Iryu 2, ratings for episode 2 dropped.

16.0% 22:00-22:54 CX* 木曜劇場・コードブルー ドクターヘリ緊急救命

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 11th, '08, 07:46

Thanks marienella_m for posting the ratings. I wasn't expecting to stay in the 20's for the second episode but I thought it would have gotten a bit higher than 16%. Ah well, only the second episode.

Anyway, I'm currently in the middle of watching episode 2, and there's something that's been bugging me since episode 1: Erika's character, are those tablets she's keeping in that little pink box she always carries round with her? Is it something we should pay attention to? Or am I just thinking too much about this? :|

lol, I think I'm going to be asking a lot of questions when watching this drama! xD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 11th, '08, 14:37

god! i watched this yesterday and i didnt have time to post my thoughts LOL
well, i didnt get it :scratch: :scratch: what happened between aizawa and the old lady?? did he know about the heartattack and didnt do anything?? hmmm,also what did the nurse tell yui when he screamed at her :O, i need subs! :lol
Rori i noticed it too, about the tablets

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jul 11th, '08, 21:10

kozumifan wrote:god! i watched this yesterday and i didnt have time to post my thoughts LOL
well, i didnt get it :scratch: :scratch: what happened between aizawa and the old lady?? did he know about the heartattack and didnt do anything?? hmmm,also what did the nurse tell yui when he screamed at her :O, i need subs! :lol
The old lady went to the hospital. Pi thought it was only a mere toothache or something, and didn't go into deep check up when there's something totally wrong. Like he analyze her condition with a mistake and that could lead to death, so yeah. Something around this way. XD

Hm, who scream at who? Lol. I'm sorry. Just that I didn't quite remember any parts whereby Yui got screamed at. ><" Mind refreshing my memory? :P

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Jul 12th, '08, 02:27

honeyiceblend wrote:
The old lady went to the hospital. Pi thought it was only a mere toothache or something, and didn't go into deep check up when there's something totally wrong. Like he analyze her condition with a mistake and that could lead to death, so yeah. Something around this way. XD

Hm, who scream at who? Lol. I'm sorry. Just that I didn't quite remember any parts whereby Yui got screamed at. ><" Mind refreshing my memory? :P
well she didnt "screamed" at her but kinda yelled , i dont remember what scene it was, but the two of them were alone :lol

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 12th, '08, 02:52

the part when she yelled
is when gakki told her that when it's just the 2 of them, let's talk normally and please tell her anything she's not satisfied with so that she can learn sth from her. but i don't really understand what the nurse was angry at the interns

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Jul 12th, '08, 03:07

OMG! all this spoilers and i cant read them!!
ahh! have to wait for the sub patiently....

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 12th, '08, 05:03

Haven't watched with subs, and I really didn't get most of episode 2.
I just know that I really don't like the nurse who shouted at Shiraishi, she comes across as someone who has a big attitude problem. I might change my mind when I know what she was yelling about and what she was telling Shiraishi in the the lift. These four interns already get enough crap from their superiors - which I'm not going to criticize since, like someone mentioned before, they are doctors; their higher ups need to be strict on them so they don't ever make a crucial mistake. But that nurse I've had a problem with since the beginning, it's like she looks down her nose on them. :/

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 12th, '08, 05:34

Rori wrote:Haven't watched with subs, and I really didn't get most of episode 2.
I just know that I really don't like the nurse who shouted at Shiraishi, she comes across as someone who has a big attitude problem. I might change my mind when I know what she was yelling about and what she was telling Shiraishi in the the lift. These four interns already get enough crap from their superiors - which I'm not going to criticize since, like someone mentioned before, they are doctors; their higher ups need to be strict on them so they don't ever make a crucial mistake. But that nurse I've had a problem with since the beginning, it's like she looks down her nose on them. :/
I don't like her too! mainly because her outburst was not convincing enough - she needs to try harder. In the elevator Gakki asked whether she has a boyfriend - and she told her he's dead. well if i understood it right xD

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Jul 12th, '08, 05:36

Rori wrote:
To be honest with you though, that's just how real life is. A pediatrician once told me how you can visualize the whole hospital hierarchy as a totem pole. Interns aren't even anywhere ON the totem pole, they're like the scum beneath it, nurses are higher up than interns are, which is why they get so much crap from the nurse.

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 12th, '08, 05:40

laifalove wrote:
Rori wrote:
To be honest with you though, that's just how real life is. A pediatrician once told me how you can visualize the whole hospital hierarchy as a totem pole. Interns aren't even anywhere ON the totem pole, they're like the scum beneath it, nurses are higher up than interns are, which is why they get so much crap from the nurse.
very true. that's how senior nurse will act towards medical students and interns bc well, in few years time when the interns are registrar or specialists they will be higher up lol

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 12th, '08, 05:47

laifalove wrote:
Rori wrote:
Oh, I see, I see.

I don't think I'm going to take a liking to this nurse, not a for a while yet anyway. Also find it kinda' odd that shes listed as part of the main cast. Meaning, I see her on magazine scans with the other four (interns) and here was me hoping that she wouldn't get a huge role. :roll
anemociti wrote:
very true. that's how senior nurse will act towards medical students and interns bc well, in few years time when the interns are registrar or specialists they will be higher up lol
Hehe :lol ~

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Jul 12th, '08, 06:45

I don't think my post is too spoilerific, but since it's about episode two, I'll just use the spoiler tags.
I think the nurse is a little cold, but I think her attitude toward the interns is justifiable at this point. She isn't really written as a likable character thus far. Anyway, I just watched episode two. There was definitely too much talking about the patients dying, right in front of them. They did so at least four or five times, both when the patients were conscious and unconcious.

Personally, I think the flight nurse's outburst toward Shiraishi was more justifiable than Shiraishi's outburst toward the nose patient. Pretty much everything she was mad about was her own fault (IMO). Also, I feel that Fujikawa's character is kinda inconsistent. They make him a really relatable/likeable character when he's with the patients, but he says some insensitive/dumb things when he's in scenes with Aizawa and/or the other interns. I guess it's all just to make Aizawa's character look good... But I guess we knew they were trying to do that since episode one, when only Aizawa was able to perform well while the others were useless in many situations.

But with that said, I didn't think Aizawa would be making a mistake so soon. And he even wanted to apologize to the patient's family on his own? His character already seems to have changed slightly since the first episode. Though he still says some jerky/heartless things. Also, I don't know if it is because of Yamashita's acting or what, but I can't tell if Aizawa is actually sorry for his mistake, or if he just wanted to apologize, etc. because it was his own responsibility and needs to regain the trust and whatnot of his superiors...

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jul 12th, '08, 06:55

kozumifan wrote:
honeyiceblend wrote:

well she didnt "screamed" at her but kinda yelled , i dont remember what scene it was, but the two of them were alone :lol
OH THAT PART! LOL. I didn't know why too. I was guessing the nurse was just looking down on her since she's more superior than Shiraishi. XD

cam169

Post by cam169 » Jul 12th, '08, 10:37

The first episode was so interesting...I really didn't expect it to be that good, because of the whole topic...helicopters and stuff, not really the kind of the drama i use to watch, but I did it because of Pi...thank god because it's really good. I can't wait for the next episode.

BUT Pi really has to improve his acting though..his character just reminds me of Kurosagi and nothing more :/
Erika Toda is fabulous in this though.

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 12th, '08, 12:53

cam169 wrote: BUT Pi really has to improve his acting though..his character just reminds me of Kurosagi and nothing more :/
But you must admit that kurosagi and his chara in Code Blue are, at least until now, very similar types xD'
You know... despite helping people very cold and only interested in improving their skills; obviously with a secret/unhappy memories something like that.

But true, the other main actors did a better job, especially the females <3

laifalove

Post by laifalove » Jul 12th, '08, 15:33

celticmoon wrote:I don't think my post is too spoilerific, but since it's about episode two, I'll just use the spoiler tags.
Also, I feel that Fujikawa's character is kinda inconsistent. They make him a really relatable/likeable character when he's with the patients, but he says some insensitive/dumb things when he's in scenes with Aizawa and/or the other interns.
I think it's just because Fujikawa is portrayed as the geeky kid who wants to be part of the "in" and "cool" crowd. It's like high school all over again for him.

honeyiceblend

Post by honeyiceblend » Jul 12th, '08, 16:55

cam169 wrote:
BUT Pi really has to improve his acting though..his character just reminds me of Kurosagi and nothing more :/
I guess it's because his character at Code Blue and Kurosagi does seem to be similar. Like someone who is cold, and holds bad memories.

Similar to Gakki. She always got roles which are gentle and sweet (like My Boss My Hero), it just seemed that she didn't really acted well. But I guess they do. Just that the roles are too similar.

I agree Erika is really good in this! At first, she gave me the impression of being acting cute in all dramas. I was shocked too. LOL.

str4wb3rry

Post by str4wb3rry » Jul 13th, '08, 07:15

i find Yui Aragaki's acting is a bit better than Toda's and Yamapi's. Her acting is more natural, her expressions seem more real. Toda and Pi have moments where it looks like they know the camera is there. I do perfer Toda with this type of character over her character in "Lair Game".

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Jul 13th, '08, 13:57

I don't know what else to say. This drama is just perfect. It reminds me of an American series, Medical Investigations which also involved helicopter. Plus, the ending song is too awesome. :thumright:

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Jul 13th, '08, 18:55

Luv the cast. But none of them look grown up enuf to b doctors. And none of them look intellectual enuf to even b interns or trainees. On the plus side, Toda's character seem much more appealing here than in Liar Game or Death Note. But both Toda n Gaki still look like high school kids.

fourlc_raw

Post by fourlc_raw » Jul 17th, '08, 14:42

Last edited by fourlc_raw on Jul 17th, '08, 15:22, edited 2 times in total.

anemociti

Post by anemociti » Jul 17th, '08, 14:49

wow, thank you so much fourlc san! :D