Lotto6 de San-oku Ni-senman En Ateta Otoko-Sorimachi Takashi

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
greenspy

Lotto6 de San-oku Ni-senman En Ateta Otoko-Sorimachi Takashi

Post by greenspy » Jul 12th, '08, 12:22

I don't see the discussion of this series yet. 8)
So I think it's a good time to get a new topic...

ロト6で3億2千万円当てた男 - Lotto 6 de San-oku Ni-senman En Ateta Otoko
(The Man Who Won 320 Million Yen in Lotto 6)

Synopsis (from DramaWiki):
Takashi Sorimachi stars as Satoru Tachibana, an advertising firm employee slaving away under a younger boss for a meager salary. With a pachinko habit, no savings, and no prospects of romance since his divorce, Tachibana is left wondering what the future holds for him. One day, he desperately enters a lottery, trying to make enough money to pay for his child support, but his sense of self-disgust kicks in. However, his curiosity gets the better of him, and he later discovers that the ticket is a winner, turning him into a millionaire overnight. --Tokyograph (http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-3349)

Cast:
Sorimachi Takashi
Nakajima Tomoko
Shibuya Takeru
Nishimura Masahiko
Ozawa Maju
Manabe Kaori
Sakura
Toyohara Kosuke
Izumiya Shigeru
Ishigaki Yuma
Degawa Tetsuro
Yamasaki Mami
Suzuki Kosuke
Ito Misaki (ep1 guest)

Scriptwriter: Ozaki Masaya (Kekkon dekinai otoko, Otoko kosodate)
Theme song: "My Fantasy" by EXILE

http://3oku.asahi.co.jp/
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lotto_6_de_Sa ... teta_Otoko[/list]
Last edited by greenspy on Jul 13th, '08, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

greenspy

Post by greenspy » Jul 12th, '08, 12:27

I've finish watched the first ep.
Looks so fun and appreciated.
I love Sorimachi's charactor and I'm so surprised that Ito Misaki is the guest who sell Lotto6.

Yolchen

Post by Yolchen » Jul 12th, '08, 12:48

Sorimachi is one of my favourites <3
So yeah, I'll watch it ^^...

greenspy

Post by greenspy » Jul 13th, '08, 12:36

Ep02 is released...
Waiting for the sub

Wanna know what happen to the man who won lotto6 with 320 million yen >.<

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Jul 13th, '08, 13:00

I love the story so far since its a subject I'm interested in. I've often imagined what it would be like to win a lottery and how it would change my life. I guess Tachibanasan is going to blow it all since the amount he won really isn't that big ( apx. $3.3 million). My advice to him would be to stay away from Hostess clubs! So lame.

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Jul 16th, '08, 17:12

Hello everyone! Just to keep you guys informed, if you don't already know, that I've uploaded subs for ep2. The subs thread is here.

I was shocked to see ratings for Lotto 6 plummet to 6.8% for ep2, nearly half that of ep1. I hope it's because some other popular programme was on and not that the Japanese audience is abandoning this show, because so far it's been very promising.

My thoughts on the developments up to ep2:
All of you who hope or demand Tachibana to wise up and stop lending people money, stop playing pachinko and stop going to hostess clubs - totally agree, HypnoSurf22 - it looks like we're not going to get our wishes. The very same thing about Tachibana that made him such a loser before he won the lottery will be the same thing that makes him waste and squander it - his naivete and ignorance about managing his money. But by the time I got to the end of ep2, where Tachibana's just had probably the best few days of his life romance-wise - and demonstrates that he's a damn good flirt too 8) - I thought of the bleak way the show began with the three women looking for him in a thunderstorm. I think we can expect the rest of the series to be similarly tragic-pathetic, with Tachibana splurging 5 million yen each episode (or more?) and reduced to either bankruptcy or pennilessness by the end, except that along the way these three very different women each with a part to play in his descent have also each fallen in love with him. The proverb "women are demons" (魔物 mamono, also devils/monsters) indeed.

In other words, a bittersweet ending. Personally I know I would enjoy seeing a smarter, more sensible protagonist who begins by paying off his debts, starting a trust fund for his son's education and the like. But then, that's not very dramatic material, and I guess the point is that Tachibana is no financial whiz but Mr. Loser Once-Divorced Salaryman, or Mr. Everyman. Even with Counsellor Toyohara's help, he has got to learn things the hard way.
By the way, much to my surprise, I love Sato Megumi's turn as the dour OL. I hope it's not true that she's only appearing up to ep2.

airskape

Post by airskape » Jul 18th, '08, 08:04

very poor first ep. i can understand why the ratings plummeted
don't think i will be sticking with this :(

only thing i like is the theme song by exile

hey9

Post by hey9 » Jul 18th, '08, 17:20

I actually am enjoying the series, thanks to izydata btw. I do feel bad for Sorimachi.

I think it's important to remember that he didn't earn the money, it was just thrust upon him. So it makes sense he doesn't exactly know how to deal with it, especially since he was poor before.

Don't really get the hostess club thing, though. He doesn't seem to like spending a lot of money, so I don't really understand why he would waste it on some bimbos.

harukaya

Post by harukaya » Jul 19th, '08, 02:01

as much as i like the cast including sorimachi and that kid from last friends, it's too bad the story is SOOO cheesy. i cannot stand finishing the 2nd episode.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Aug 5th, '08, 01:56

After watching this show for a few episodes...I can't even describe how stupid this guy is. Shouldn't he be wearing a helmet? The show expects you to feel bad for him because everyone treats him like a loser, but guess what...HE IS A LOSER! I seriously wanna punch this guy in the head.

The mistakes he's making aren't even "I've never handled so much money before" mistakes - they're the mistakes someone constantly on the brink of bankruptcy would make. Someone get this guy a financial advisor and keep him the hell away from his own money.

Still, I like the show. Don't ask me why, though...

Source

Post by Source » Aug 6th, '08, 13:30

I think the show is not only about how much everyone threats him like a loser.

I think it is more about responsibility and trust.
Woman are attached to him so suddenly because he had money, people are asking for money all the time and on his Blog people are insulting him.
He don't know how to deal with that (shouldn't put on his blog that he win though).

I think it is more about who he can trust and who are after his money.
What he should do with the money is a secondary question. He indeed has no clue what to do with it, obviously.
He search for love and what he gets back is being stolen. (what the girl in episode 4 did was kind of nasty, don't leave a single ¥1000 lay around :scratch:
So far the only ones to trust, in my eyes, are his ex-wifes family and perhaps the girl in that white suite, not sure about the last one though.
I think that he, in the end, goes out with the kindergarten woman, she seems trust-full and sweet

hey9

Post by hey9 » Aug 7th, '08, 02:28

Spoiler to episode 4:
The thing is, he's an absolute moron. Let's recap some of the things he's done so far:

- Take a picture of himself with his crapload of cash on his cellphone
- Post his lottery win on his blog. After getting constantly insulted, what does he do? Well, of course he feels the need to show them proof, instead of, you know, ignoring them and shutting his blog down
- After learning the girl he likes is in serious debt and knows he has the money, continues to pursue her anyways
- Invest $270,000 into one company, without knowing anything about investing or asking a professional
- Carry all his money around in a duffel bag

I have never disliked a protagonist for a drama so much before. Seriously, I like the rest of the characters EXCEPT him. His ex-wife was right to divorce him. She should have broken his legs, too...just because.

And that "kiss kiss kiss" song is annoying the hell out of me.

hey9

Post by hey9 » Aug 12th, '08, 16:55

I really liked episode 5
I think he redeemed himself in the ep. Hopefully now he will be a lot more careful, he's lucky he was conned by such a nice golddigger :D

Now that his wife knows, hopefully she will keep him in check from now on.

jaymee_leo

Post by jaymee_leo » Aug 27th, '08, 16:00

the series ends at chapter 8 rite?
what do you guys think about it?

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Aug 27th, '08, 17:38

^^ I believe it ends this Friday with episode 9.

EDIT: Actually, the DramaWiki entry says it's going to run 10 eps.

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Aug 29th, '08, 00:56

i LOVE Sorimachi Takashi but i've hated this drama ever since i started... i've been watching it up til ep 7 and will be continuing simply cuz i wanted to support Sorimachi and didn't want to give up half way through. but so far every single episode have left me wanting to slap his character in the story....

the only entertainment i've gotten out of this was - the guest star in ep 1 and the mystery counsellor guy... hehe ^^ i love his role and his acting!

jaymee_leo

Post by jaymee_leo » Aug 29th, '08, 08:04

LoL! and i thought i was the only one who felt the same. the progress if pretty slow isn't it? the only thing attractive is the difference in sorimachi's character...which is pretty interesting really how he can be so timid and quiet compared to his past loud characters.

Source

Post by Source » Aug 30th, '08, 15:33

Lols @ episode 8

Source

Post by Source » Sep 14th, '08, 18:47

Does anybody know from which brand/company this is?
This comes in Episode 7:

Thanks

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Oct 2nd, '08, 08:01

Is this really based on a true story? Does anyone have any info regarding this? I mean, for Densha Otoko if you search the net you'll be able to find the real BBS and some translations of the real deal.. how about this one?

Am currently on ep.9.. yeah the series is quite annoying at times, but I quite enjoy it. (And I miss Sorimachi Takashi so much)

lzydata

Post by lzydata » Oct 5th, '08, 14:47

scherzando wrote:Is this really based on a true story? Does anyone have any info regarding this? I mean, for Densha Otoko if you search the net you'll be able to find the real BBS and some translations of the real deal.. how about this one?

Am currently on ep.9.. yeah the series is quite annoying at times, but I quite enjoy it. (And I miss Sorimachi Takashi so much)
The original is called "The tragedy of a man who won 320 million yen in Lotto 6" ロト6で3億2千万円当てた男の悲劇 (ISBN 4087804429, Amazon Japan) by Kuji Rokuro 久慈六郎 - not sure if it's a pseudonym or not. In the show they were giving away a limited number of copies of this book.

His still active blog is "The private life of a celebrity Lotto-6 new rich" ロト6成金のセレブな私生活 at http://blog.livedoor.jp/sereb1/. (Interestingly, the real guy seems to like dragonflies, not trains. And apparently the figure of 96.11 million yen is up to date.)

No word on any English versions of either the blog or the book, unfortunately.

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Oct 9th, '08, 16:23

lzydata wrote: His still active blog is "The private life of a celebrity Lotto-6 new rich" ロト6成金のセレブな私生活 at http://blog.livedoor.jp/sereb1/. (Interestingly, the real guy seems to like dragonflies, not trains. And apparently the figure of 96.11 million yen is up to date.)
Whoa, so it really is him. Found the blog from the dorama's Japanese wiki page at first. Hmm.. Kinda interesting. I wonder what kind of life he lives now. ;)

Thanks Izydata! =)

Sor

Post by Sor » Mar 1st, '09, 16:59

I am quite sure the catalogue is Märklin. Wasnt sure about Roco, cause theirs looks similar but they said it was a german company, Roco ist Austrian. While more important Märklin is bankrupt atm. Sad if u ask me. Have lots of their stuff.

Ah and, nice drama btw, though I think Sorimachi did better ones before.

GeossyEsomypE

Quick Hello

Post by GeossyEsomypE » Apr 8th, '10, 03:33

Hey there,

Just a quick hello post here, nothin special. Hopefully there's some good discussions here - looks okay so far. Anyhow, I'll keep this short so that only a few short seconds of your life are wasted reading it. :)