Discuss Korean drama series here.
arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 8th, '08, 16:05

KST will release Ep9 & 10 on Wed.. can't wait.. :w00t:

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 8th, '08, 17:54

arabian wrote:KST will release Ep9 & 10 on Wed.. can't wait.. :w00t:
OMG!!! YES!!!! Means tomorrow!!!! :w00t:
means i go to work and come back home and watch it!! YES!!!!! can't wait :cheers:

Arigatooo~ but hmmm~ gamsa me da (thank you in Korea) i think? :P

Sak

Post by Sak » Jul 8th, '08, 23:21

Ok I am a bit confused here :blink .... watching episode 8 at the mo.
Yong have gone in to the palace to see the king but that guy wasn't he the evil man that got Yong family killed? Or is do they just look alike? I mean in episode 7 he was trying to locate Yong and ordered they dispose of his sister

Morphin

Post by Morphin » Jul 9th, '08, 00:04

I really like this drama, a lot more than Hong Gil Dong.
Why ? maybe i just prefer those characters... seems a lot like but different, dunno why :p
I just hope that Yang brother (Ja Dol) will finish with his "sister" (Eun Chae)
I don't want to see Yang interfering in this relation but... i m sure i ll be disappointed...
But those two are really my two favorite char in this drama.
Sak :
I m sure the king was the one who stabbed Yong real father... After all, he said in ep8 (or maybe7) that he need now the low level class to support him and so he show a nice face.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 9th, '08, 00:47

@Sak,
Yup, the king indeed was the one who originally had Yong's father murdered. I think Yong's father was one of the men who had helped the king get into power. When he no longer supported him, the king had him killed.

He obviously doesn't know who the real Yong is, and that's what kept the poor boy alive.
really like this drama, a lot more than Hong Gil Dong. Why ? maybe i just prefer those characters... seems a lot like but different, dunno why :p
Iljimae plays more like a live anime, especially a "shonen"/boy's comic story. The character development is very thin (in spite of all the tragedies, our future Iljimae seems to have a short emotional memory!), and there hasn't been many scenes (though that seems to change with episode 9!) where any of the four leads develop a rapport with each other, stuff that we take for granted in K-drama, be it trendy or sageuks.

There's political intrigue and tragic stuff, but the story is really about a hot blooded, clownish boy who dreams of being a hero. His (step) parents love him but think he's kinda hopeless. Yet through his fighting spirit and a set of tests, he will become that hero, somebody everybody will be proud of. His future rival is a cold, but tortured man who end up doing anything to raise himself out of his humble origins. The story is essentially broken down into cool little missions that emphasizes planning, will, and really cool toys. As he completes each mission, he learns more about his true origins and in turn will eventually face (defeat?) the Ultimate Boss. At that point, Iljimae will have fully come of age and become The Hero that he dreamed of as a callow, lazy youth.

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 9th, '08, 08:29

something soo cute & funny gonna happen to Swe Dol & Dani on Ep15 (Iljimae step parents).. :lol
They are getting remarried.. :D

credit to bashful harmony..

Sak

Post by Sak » Jul 9th, '08, 11:34

Thanks for answering me Morphine & Belleza ..... I did wonder if I was going mad :roll ... everywhere I read like on dramabean and wiki,
it says that Yong's father elder brother had been the one that framed Yong's dad about the corruption. I accepted that no problem, then the appearance of the king, just baffled me as I know his uncle was definately not the king.
:whistling: Anyhow now I can carry on without this bugging me.

BTW does anyone know if the kid that played the younger Yong starred in anything before this? I am sure I have seen him somewhere but I can't place him. :unsure:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 10th, '08, 11:18

Kimy07

Post by Kimy07 » Jul 10th, '08, 11:55

this drama rooockss ~~
im on ep 9 !!
and junki is finally becoming a lil ninja~
LOVE JUNKI
LOVE this drama ^^

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 10th, '08, 16:29

Just finish watching episode 9 & 10!!! :cheers: I really love it and i am soooooooo excited now after watching it! and now i want to know what will happen next! :D

it getting with every new episode more more excited :thumright:

silently_solitude

Post by silently_solitude » Jul 11th, '08, 21:18

Just finished 9 + 10 too, thanks for subs KST!!
I cant believe Eun Chae, mistaken Yong-ee for beating up a child...i was so sad for him. I love their scenes, just look into their eyes, they act w/ so much adoration...^^ it was beautiful

quotie

Post by quotie » Jul 11th, '08, 22:15

The relationship here is a bit too complex or overboard in my opinion. I mean, Ja Dol is probably his half-brother (enough hints). So, Yong's half-brother and Yongs step-father had a hand in Yongs real fathers demise. If you watch episode 1 you would see that both Ja Dol and Swe Dol placed something in Yongs house which caused Yongs fathers dead.

And then Ja Dol would denounce his half-sister and caused her death. So Ja Dol practically has killed his father and his half-sister and now he is hunting his half-brother (Yong) down.
I like this drama, but somehow it has too many similarity to Hong Gil Dong (which I don't find bad). I just hope they don't mess the ending just like they did with Gil Dong.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 12th, '08, 00:07

This series was draggy in the beginning, and I admit that I kind of gave up on it for a bit. I usually skipped through eps which I didn't have subs for and not really pay attention to them. I'm all caught up on subs & raw now, and I just have to comment on episode 6 & 7 now I've watched them with subs,

Also contains spoilers all the way up to the latest raw: 16:
I'm only half way through 6 with subs, I already know how the next episode ends and already it's pretty heartbreaking to see Yongi/Geom and his sister keep missing each other. She ran to the roadside when he was running forward on a horse, and she was SO close to him at the boat until the **** (excuse my French) guards copped her. I really started crying when she was just about to run to the two and they turned around to chase her, only for Yongi to notice who they were chasing. This is where I've just paused it to comment on it, even without subs, the execution part is just horrible next episode. I felt so much for Yongi there because he thought he could save her with the rigged rope, yet he didn't know it was replaced. Though this scene doesn't even compare to the cell scene for me. They were right next to each other and she couldn't say a thing to him, it was so depressing to see him keep pushing her away from him.

These episodes has left a deep impression on me, because I found this drama actually quite bored me eventually. My mind has really changed now. This drama seriously pulls out all the stops, I'm not used to seeing deaths in dramas too much and not only have we seen Yongi's sister killed right in front of him, but then there is that little girl who claimed she would marry Yongi when she's older who was killed in the a pretty horrible way.

Another thing I didn't realize and that was Ja Dol and Yongi ARE actually half brothers. :sweat: This is what I get for not paying attention to subs and only wanting to see LJK. This as well goes back to how horrible his sisters death was, because it was half Ja Dols fault in the first place that she was hung, no? To think that he is half to blame for his real half sisters death is really sad.

I really, really hope he has lovely, heartwarming (omg, cheesy) reunion with his mother, because this poor guy has been through a heck of a lot since the start of this series. It'd be so great if we could see him meet up with his mother. Though, I take it he is not going to find her due to the outcome of looking for his sister?

Now on the romance side of things (:lol I'll shut up in a minute) I really have no preference for who he ends up with. I can't make up my mind here. Bong Soon is hilarious, and definitely my favorite female character in the series. Watching her after she finds out Yongi is the boy from her childhood that she lost at the cliff, and after she gets so captivated by him is SO funny and pretty cute to watch. But, I can't see how Yongi could put up with her his whole life if he was to end up with her. Eun Chae is a pretty dull girl, but she wins me over because of the exact character she plays. There's no denying she and Iljimae get all the best scenes. The setting for the kissing scene was beautiful, I saw lots of spoilers pics and gifs of it before I actually saw the scene itself only to be disappointed by how much the kiss sucked. I'm looking forward to see who, or even if he ends up with either girl, but I don't think that's really going to be the focus for the last 4 episodes. Right now, I'm more worried about the fate of his dad.

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 12th, '08, 07:55

I like this drama, but somehow it has too many similarity to Hong Gil Dong (which I don't find bad).
Iljimae lacks the character development of Hong Gil Dong and most other sageuks. The only texture in the relationships involves the two half-brother and his parents. Outside of it, the emotional entanglements feel kinda like something you'd seen in banjun dramas. It's there, but only on the surface.

BUT . . . this is also much funner than Hong Gil Dong, and most dramas this year. Basically, the story is just an excuse for Iljimae to execute missions, and the missions are really cool (esp. episode 9 . . . pork skin?!? ewww!!) And it's fun watching Lee Jung Ki in smarmy, sneaky mode, playing the callow youth who's also apparently a genius thief. In episode 9+10, we finally see all the triangles finally brew, and it's a nice break from the real fun. Ultimate Ninja Iljimae stealing stuff from rich people with crap beards!!

Thought on Episodes 9+10:
I hope that this show gets extended to 24 episodes. The show doesn't feel like it's really started until episode 7. Plus it's going to be messy trying to resolve all the secrets between everybody in the show. I don't know if there's enough episodes to cover that without seriously walking over everything.

To me, the most moving bit from episode 7+8, when Yong's sister died, was really Yong's mother weeping over both him and Ja Dol. Ja Dol does not know who is his true father, and he doesn't yet realize that he unwittingly sent his half-sister to her death. And his budding friendship with Yong's true mother . . . . yikes this is going to be messy. So, in that regard, I like how the surrogate relationships of both these half brothers are building through episode 9.

I didn't like LJK very much through the first 5 episodes, but now that Illjimae is settling into its heist storyline, he's terrific. If Korea ever does a live version of Peter Pan, LJK is your guy. Smarmy, sleazy, devilish, just a bad, bad guy . . who's charming as hell, that's pure Lee Jung Ki.

Han Hyo Joo's measurably improved her acting since her last drama. Eun Chae is written as your classic, angelic princess with heart of gold. But, here, she brings kind of a stern, quiet intensity to the role. She throws piercing looks at Yong that shame him, and Ja Dol that say she can share his pain.

It's hard not to love Park Shi Hoo here. He gives a stoic, but not cold presence to Ja Dol. His character's moral conscience comes through believably in the performance, as well as his character's natural gift as an investigator.

At this point, I prefer Yong with Bong Soon. Yeah, maybe that's a bit HGD but I don't feel a lot of chemistry between Jung Ki and Hyo Joo. Too much age difference?

I don't know about you, but melting pork skin is just ICKY. Uhhh, and I'm not sure how he convinced his buddy without tipping off that he just might be doing something really illegal.

Sak

Post by Sak » Jul 12th, '08, 13:52

After seeing ep 9 & 10 something I find is a bit strange.
During the end of episode 10 he used a stone to throw out the the lantern then grabbed the girl. But he's not that good yet with his fighting/martial arts skills, for he not learned it yet. That for the next episode according to the preview ... so how the heck could he maneuver these moves? And also when he went over a fence earlier, he somersaulted over. Very funny that :whistling: Not to mention that he can now make bombs! Wonder who taught him that?!

Still enjoy the drama for what it is. :whistling:

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 14th, '08, 08:30

@Sak,
Yeah, I call it the "Lee Jung Ki Rules." Same thing happened in Time of Dog and Wolf. In both shows, he's a helpless, hapless welp for much of the story. But when ish starts to really hit the fan, his character flips it On and then we get to experience Ultimate Lee Jung Ki at his cockiest and wiliest. Suddenly, his character becomes Korean James Bond. All the women fall in love with them; and all the men cannot stop him.

And reallly Yong, if you had applied yourself like you did when trying to steal that golden thingie, you'd easily have passed the exam!

The lattern / stone thing (as well as him jumping walls easily) kinda makes sense, in that his thief dad already taught him a great deal about movement. (Though then it begs the question why his dad was so bad at this.) Also, if we had fully recovered his memory, he would have also regained his martial arts training, which would have been of the same class as Ja Dol's. This adaptation of Iljimae briefly covers his training, but I guess we're led to believe that he spent an enormous amount of time working on his craft. And, again, he's being played by Lee Jung Ki. Therefore, he's bad ass.

One major problem I have with the character is how, after recovering his memories, his personality hasn't changed that much. As a child, he seemed extremely principled, even a bit self righteous. Here, he still maintains a callow indifference that lets him stay in a gang, even though he knows what they do is despicable. Even his leader wants him to quit.

Can't wait to see how the heck he got an Invisibility Cloak. Harry Potter's his boy?

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jul 14th, '08, 15:43

well, I think that Iljimae does change personality! but in fron of the folk of course he doesn'y show it. First, he does not want to make suspicous about his real identity and also he doesn't want his father to realize that Geom recovered his memory. So he act as before of knowing the truth.
Why he still on the gang?? he has a high moral judgemnt and that's why he hits his own leg instead of the child. but he need to stay with them cuz the gang has acces to the noble's houses. where he want to go see what they have and analize the territory.
I think LJK has really evolved his character, I really cry when poor geom has to do something or cry in his dad's back. He really suffers inside and try to hide it from everybody else to protect his identity.
I think that the character will probably have another personality change when the gang's captain and other friends find out that LJK is Iljimae. * as we can see in the first ep. He's planning the robery with another 3 guys*

so I think that the character is actually well developped =9 and has enough reasons to keep going with the gangs.

Sak

Post by Sak » Jul 14th, '08, 18:00

belleza wrote:@Sak,
Yeah, I call it the "Lee Jung Ki Rules." Same thing happened in Time of Dog and Wolf. In both shows, he's a helpless, hapless welp for much of the story. But when ish starts to really hit the fan, his character flips it On and then we get to experience Ultimate Lee Jung Ki at his cockiest and wiliest. Suddenly, his character becomes Korean James Bond. All the women fall in love with them; and all the men cannot stop him.

And reallly Yong, if you had applied yourself like you did when trying to steal that golden thingie, you'd easily have passed the exam!

The lattern / stone thing (as well as him jumping walls easily) kinda makes sense, in that his thief dad already taught him a great deal about movement. (Though then it begs the question why his dad was so bad at this.) Also, if we had fully recovered his memory, he would have also regained his martial arts training, which would have been of the same class as Ja Dol's. This adaptation of Iljimae briefly covers his training, but I guess we're led to believe that he spent an enormous amount of time working on his craft. And, again, he's being played by Lee Jung Ki. Therefore, he's bad ass.

One major problem I have with the character is how, after recovering his memories, his personality hasn't changed that much. As a child, he seemed extremely principled, even a bit self righteous. Here, he still maintains a callow indifference that lets him stay in a gang, even though he knows what they do is despicable. Even his leader wants him to quit.

Can't wait to see how the heck he got an Invisibility Cloak. Harry Potter's his boy?
Never seen Time and Wolf so no idea about that.
Yeah I know he learnt some skills from Jal Dol, like you said he's not that good and from what I can see of the skills he taught Yong it's mostly being quiet and climbing over walls also breaking locks. But not somersault and go up all over the roof. As to him remembering his fighting skills off his real dad. All we saw was his dad teaching him basic sword skills, which he had not used and was very basic swings.
Anyhow I enjoy the show very much so far and have to watch it for what it is.

:mrgreen:

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 14th, '08, 21:30

First, he does not want to make suspicous about his real identity and also he doesn't want his father to realize that Geom recovered his memory. So he act as before of knowing the truth.
I think what I'm missing is a few scenes where Yong broods over his adopted parents. Something that says "now I know he's not my real dad, and she's not my real mom. How do I feel about them taking care of me all these years?" Especially between him and his adopted mother Dani, who's put up so much with him.
Why he still on the gang?? he has a high moral judgemnt and that's why he hits his own leg instead of the child. but he need to stay with them cuz the gang has acces to the noble's houses. where he want to go see what they have and analize the territory.
I think it's the same thing, where I kinda wish we saw Yong brood over doing stuff he hates.
Even in the child scene, he doesn't feel anything about Eun Chae seeing it. It's more like "phew, I weaseled my way out of beating a child. But it's okay watching a village get torn asunder like that." I just have a hard time connecting it with the young Geom.
I understand his intent, but even then I'm not sure what he actually gains from it. He doesn't exactly have much of a problem breaking and entering anywhere.

@Sak,

Yeah, it sounds like I'm really critical about the show, but I think it's a lot of fun. I've watched a few fusion dramas, so for me I'm not really comparing it with Hong Gil Dong. HGD had good writing, but the direction wasn't good at all. Until the 2nd half of the story settled into being more of a traditional saguek, the fusion bits was just distracting. This adaptation of Iljimae is very cartoony but also good in that way. Even with the palace intrigue, it still doesn't feel like a sageuk at all. More like a Korean Naruto?

4everU

Post by 4everU » Jul 15th, '08, 15:31

Man... i am luving this drama...junki is so damb cute and his acting is awsome...however i seriously don't want eun chae the other girl to be with him....I want bong soon to be with him...when they are together everything is so much more interesting and they make a cute couple. :cheers: ...also they met eachother first and i really like her character. Eun chae's character is just a goody good girl who cares for anyone, acts like she's the most inoccent and beloved girl in there and is so high and mighty :x ...it's getting annoying seeing her smile everytime she talks even when it's a serious matter. And don't get me wrong she's one of my favorite actresses...i just don't like her character in here....I know that young - ee and boong soon won't end up together..i kno that will be the only reason why i will be disipointed at the end....however i still love this drama...(my sis not watching it only because she knows young - ee and bong soon won't be together) I kno it sounds silly, but she really does not want to see young- ee and eun chae to be together....

4everU

Post by 4everU » Jul 20th, '08, 12:36

man...iljimae is getting so good....I can't wait to see the next episodes..Man junki is sure showing his ture talents in this drama as well....I REALLY REALLY HOPED THAT YOUNG EE AND BONG SOON COULD END UP TOGETHER..THEY REALLY MAKE A PERFECT COUPLE. HOWEVER I GUESS IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! :-(

4everU

Post by 4everU » Jul 20th, '08, 12:43

man...iljimae is getting so good....I can't wait to see the next episodes..Man junki is sure showing his ture talents in this drama as well....I REALLY REALLY HOPED THAT YOUNG EE AND BONG SOON COULD END UP TOGETHER..THEY REALLY MAKE A PERFECT COUPLE. HOWEVER I GUESS IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! :-(

4everU

Post by 4everU » Jul 20th, '08, 12:45

man iljimae is getting so good...can't wait for more. junki is sure showing his true talents in this drama as well! Young ee and bong soon forever..they make such a cute couple!

4everU

Post by 4everU » Jul 20th, '08, 12:49

opps somethign happened...hehehe..kinda of posted the same message more than once..sorry my bad!

belleza

Post by belleza » Jul 21st, '08, 00:21

I think Iljimae is the first K-drama I've seen where the first 3-4 episodes weren't very good, but all of the later episodes are like "holy crap! must watch TV!!" By episode 9, everything has suddenly come together in a way that you didn't think would happen, and now it's humming along with strong momentum episode to episode.

Thoughts on Episode 11 . . .
The story took a long, long time to set up the triangle and the political intrigue, but now we're seeing the payoff. Eun Chae loves Iljimae. Bong Soon loves Yong-ee. Which is Geom really? We can't see the upright princess Eun Chae mix with the callow Yong-ee and we can't see high spiritied Bong Soon with the noble Iljimae. Now, Kong Hee has discovered that Yong-ee is really Geom. And it doesn't seem like a plot twist; it seems inevitable that the man with even more secrets than Geom has found the boy's.

Jung Ki's performance of the wackier side of Yong-ee has greatly improved, because it now has context. It's not that Jung Ki is giving us a Geom who hides his pain under neath the veneer of the happy go lucky gangsta wannabe. It's that, because we the audience know that this clown is in fact a very smart boy, Jung Ki now can play it as a pure act, a demonstration of his character's intelligence. That wiliness, that smirky "what me worry?" bravado that Jung Ki used in Time of Dog and Wolf works wonderfully here.

Going back to the triangle . . . Part of what made Geom and Eun Chae such a hard sell (after watching Yong-ee and Bong Soon's HGD-style give and go), is that Han Hyo Joo has done a very good job portraying a young noble woman. A young noble woman simply would not mesh with Yong-ee; it's not two opposites, but oil and water. Usually such characters are played with the arch grace of a beauty pageant, but here Hyo Joo underlines her character's intensity and blue-blooded seriousness. (Also, it helps that Hyo Joo is very, very at ease with the lines, which more fit the more ornate style than the modern stuff everybody else is using.)

She's so serious, in fact, that she and Yong are no fun at all. But she and Iljimae . . . They are of two like minds. Episode 11 is the beginning of their romance, and also of Iljimae's internal transformation. She mistakes Iljimae's acts of class revenge for class justice, and yet her belief also motivates Iljimae to change his mind too. Her "our world MUST be made better" conviction, that which brings her closer to Iljimae, also is the same thing that makes her hate Yong with a piercing and arrogant anger. It's very well done. Between Jung Ki and Hyo Joo, when as noble thief and princess activist,there's a fairy tale "above mere mortals" chemistry between them. An inevitable sense of bond by sharing of same ideals, a beautiful highness that is like pop celebrity, in that it makes other people go "wow, they look perfect together."

I liked how they're dialing Bong Soon down a bit. She and Yong is wonderful counterpoint to Eun Chae and Iljimae. Soon and Young are sweet, unpretentious, accessible. When he is badly hurt, you could imagine that a scene between Eun Chae and the hurt Iljimae would be gilded with tears reflecting perfectly in moonlight and tenderly sad looks whilst Iljimae is crying out deliriously for his family. It would just have to be, because they seem like that kind of couple. Instead, we have Soon wondering how the heck Yong could have gotten himself into this mess, and how really she even surprises herself as to how much she cares for this annoying, immature, yet mysterious guy. She loves him accidently. They're not dazzling, but they're more accessible. I like Yong-ee more than I like Iljimae.

Part of Jung Ki's charisma is that, at 26, he's still so much a Peter Pan. In that aspect, he can be so adolescent in portraying anger and cruelty, crude smarminess or callow arrogance, or vulnerability and sincerity. But, also appropriate to the Peter Pan myth, he's also very Princely, slightly above in station even when he's rolling with the masses. By Episode 11, we have started to see all sides of Geom, and in turn we have seen Jung Ki's Peter Pan fully out of the box.

Loved the bit with the octopus, and the way his legend uhhhh overrates his actual skills. Also, I liked how, at least, we can see that perhaps his pure martial skills are not yet all there. When he fights Park Shi Hoo, he is out of his league and nearly dies.
Thoughts on Episode 12 . . .
This episode had marvelous pacing, and it enhanced the Iljimae vs. Shi Hoo rivalry. They've done a good job setting the "hunt for Iljimae" story; you know it's too early for him to get caught, but you can feel how close Shi Hoo is to getting him. The first part of the episode showed how Iljimae has a long ways to go, and the last part of the episode nicely used "the passage of time" device. It nicely sets up the return of Iljimae and Yong-ee.

Was Kong He the one who actually slain both Bong Song's parents and Geom's father? I don't remember, but it just adds another level of complication to this story. Will the student kill the master?

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 23rd, '08, 15:54

getawayfrom

Post by getawayfrom » Jul 23rd, '08, 16:28

A BIG THANK YOU for the subtitle for episode 13 and 14! You just made me happier and live longer today. Can't wait until next Wednesday for the rest of the episodes. BRAVO!!!!

quotie

Post by quotie » Jul 24th, '08, 12:20

I'm having trouble with subtitles for episode 13. Every line appears double on my screen. What did I wrong?

Edit: Found it, all lines were double inside the .srt file

4everU

Post by 4everU » Jul 24th, '08, 14:36

quotie wrote:I'm having trouble with subtitles for episode 13. Every line appears double on my screen. What did I wrong?

Edit: Found it, all lines were double inside the .srt file
Sorry i can't help u with that....I don't know anything about it..however If you wanna watch iljimae quickly and nicely and not have to waste any effort on downloading. You should go to crunchyroll where there are dramas and anime etc uploaded, almost like youtube, but for dramas etc. Episode 13 and 14 are already loaded and have good sub titles. I make the screen big and it looks just like i am watching it on a DVD. It's being uploaded faster than the subs on D-addicts are being released.. Ohpe i helped. it's just a suggestion that will save you time to watch Iljimae! i am totally loving it...everythings is so exciting and i can't wait untill everything is reveiled! keep posted.. ^___^ :D :cheers:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 24th, '08, 21:52

Finale-
If you watched and didn't like Time Of Dog And Wolf's ending then I suggest you don't watch the Iljimae Finale.

One BIG disappointed fan here. :whistling:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 25th, '08, 07:36

Rori..
That what I was actually afraid of, usually no matter how the korean dramas are good they still can't make a good & satisfaying ending.. I read the spoiler yesterday @ Junki_singapore & I didn't like it.. :x

4everU

Post by 4everU » Jul 26th, '08, 12:45

man.. i kinda had the same feeling :-( ...however i will not look at the spoiler. I still wanna finish it till the end! :glare:

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Jul 27th, '08, 16:20

Rori wrote:Finale-
If you watched and didn't like Time Of Dog And Wolf's ending then I suggest you don't watch the Iljimae Finale.

spoiler]
ARGHHH i'm damn disappointed too wth
what exactly happened to him?![[/spoiler]

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 27th, '08, 16:43

Well he didn't die. The PD confirmed that much. What Iljimae is doing now, I have no idea. Probably still taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Jul 27th, '08, 17:19

arabian wrote:Rori..
That what I was actually afraid of, usually no matter how the korean dramas are good they still can't make a good & satisfaying ending.. I read the spoiler yesterday @ Junki_singapore & I didn't like it.. :x

ooh do you have a link to where u read the spoiler ? 8D
cause after watching i STILL can't figure out what exactly happened O__O

snowangel414

Post by snowangel414 » Jul 29th, '08, 23:30

i couldn't help it but to peek at the last ep :D oh well now have to go back and figure out what's going on for that to happen :scratch:

arabian

Post by arabian » Jul 30th, '08, 08:05

asuran_rocks wrote:
arabian wrote:Rori..

ooh do you have a link to where u read the spoiler ? 8D
cause after watching i STILL can't figure out what exactly happened O__O
it was from the chatbox in Leejunki_singapore site.. :-)

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Aug 2nd, '08, 14:05

Now after epsiode 8 Iljimae has gotten LOTSA better. But maybe too fast? I kinda feel that the beginning was so depressingly disappointing that nothing can compensate it. NOTHING! The fact that they didn't give Young-ae's character enough time to make impact on vievers drives me mad. I mean, from the very beginning his character was a bit weird, distant, I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I wished for him to be more understandable, more pitful, more deep, more everything. I like his twofaceness. He is brilliant right now. The way he fools everyone is amusing. I also like that he is a lonley wolf right now, working alone is a bit sad. It makes him even more pitful and likable... Though in ep11 and 12 his injuries healed too fast <_< he had fever and suddenly he didn't have it anymore? Also why did he have to go make a move even though he was badly injured. Wouldn't it have been more clever to not appear and make the guards anxious?

Plot sure is messed up, so shady. I think I didn't follow carefully enough and sometimes I feel like wtf is going on here but it's not that difficult to keep up. Though the way it started suddenly advancing sure scares me a bit. I feel like I won't be able to digest it either later on. I have heard about the ending and now that I found out that they were willing to make it longer but ran out of money? Who's fault is that? No one else's than screenwriter's and director's they shouldn't have made the beginning so slow in the first place. And now it's a mess. Iljimae is searching for a sword, at first it was celar but then he started thieving all the stuffs like that tortoise. As if he was putting up a show for nothing and because of that almost got caught. I only found out later that he was stealing from only the men involved in his father's death. Yeah, I'm so stupid that didn't get it right away. But they didn't show how he came up with his plans. I wonder what's he planning next?

Sae Dol's story about Iljime's death was so brilliant xD Also that octopus thing Young-ae came up with was funny.

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Aug 10th, '08, 06:13

Rori wrote:Finale-

i just finished it & i really didn`t get it either!
who is that lil boy?? :scratch:
Eun Chae doesn`t know that Yong ee is Iljimae? or what???
hope someone will explain!! :roll

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Aug 10th, '08, 15:34

hi!
this is the recap of episode 20 =)
if you read it everything is gonna be clear XD that's was I did after watching the raw version of Iljimae's last two episodes XD

http://sevenses.wordpress.com/2008/07/2 ... -20-recap/

I was so lost after watching the raw but this made my day ^^
Im sure this will help you a lot =)
kisses!

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Aug 10th, '08, 16:46

Christabel wrote:hi!
this is the recap of episode 20 =)
if you read it everything is gonna be clear XD that's was I did after watching the raw version of Iljimae's last two episodes XD

http://sevenses.wordpress.com/2008/07/2 ... -20-recap/

I was so lost after watching the raw but this made my day ^^
Im sure this will help you a lot =)
kisses!
omg!! Thanks thanks thanks a lot!!
this really made my day..
when i finished this drama i was like O.O cuz i didn`t quite get the ending.. but reading this recap cleared lots of messy stuff goin` around in my head XD
now~~ u saved me lots of thinking & imaginig.. LOL XD :lol
i don`t think there will be a SP right? those koreans reaaaally like to torture us by their open endings ><
oh well.. let`s just pray for another season after Junki is back from the army~

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Aug 10th, '08, 23:24

fxck yeah! I know!! why they dont copy japanese specials?? they would earn a lot of money! sniff! I really hope they'll make an Iljimae special! the ending its to fxcking open sniff! XD
but well...maybe a movie! that would be so great@ lets pray it! Oh MY GACKT!! please listen to us sniff

btw, =P it was a pleasure ^^ no need to thanks ^^

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Aug 11th, '08, 01:41

aaaaaaaaah..

i was so frustrated cuz of the end of TBD&W & i thought maybe Iljimae would have a rather interesting ending but it was a BIG NO for me :cry:

a movie? i don`t think.. none of the Kdramas had a sequal movie ( or atleast the ones i know XD ) but probably a SP.. hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pale:

plz plz plzzzzz.. SBS producers!! desperete fans here just can`t get enough of Iljimae!!

*we must not lose hope <3*

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Aug 12th, '08, 00:10

you didnt like TBDAW ending?? O_O!! OMG! I think its great!! it s such agood ending!!
I just loved it XD hehe, however, we all have different taste =P

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Aug 12th, '08, 00:50

eh.. how come u liked it?? :blink
he didn`t end up with her did he? XD

aineliam

Post by aineliam » Aug 12th, '08, 12:03

ilove todaw. im glad the ending did not spoil my love for the whole series...

okay. i haven't watched the epis 19 and 20 yet.. but i think even if i will be disappointed with iljimae's ending.. its still my favorite because it's junki's! :D haha

im biased there...

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Aug 12th, '08, 12:29

Totally agree... 8)
even if the ending wasn`t to our liking it`s still my favourite drama for this year!! :cheers:

go Junki~~ :wub:

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 14th, '08, 02:00

i totally sgree...even if the ending is not to my liking....it won't spoil it for me because this is my favorite drama this year.... :cheers:

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Aug 15th, '08, 05:14

lolz loved this drama :], one of the better kdramas ive seen lately.
haha, ending yea, its basically similar to hong gil dong, its a legend so they usually dont say whether the hero dies or lives >.> but seeing from the last ending scene, he lives?

btw, did eun chae find out that geomee is iljimae o_o and did geomee ever see his real mom again?
ToT kinda confused on that part.

ah overall, loved it :O

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 15th, '08, 05:38

i really love Iljimae except i have to go through such ending... i've been depressed because of the ending for weeks now... and i already re-watched the whole 19 episodes for 3 times now, but i still don't have any gut to re-watch the ending all over again... even we all know that
Iljimae did not die...
but i've been depressed about a lot of things in the last episode...

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Aug 15th, '08, 11:17

I don't get what's the ruckus about the ending. For me it was crystal clear.
First of all Young-ae disappeared. Many people knew that he was Iljiame and thus didn't wonder about it but I am sure that they made up a story for him. At first I thought that bong Soo was abandoned and it made me think that she is the most pitiful character of all them but then I hear Kong he shouting "Where did that girl go?!" and I knew that she was with them. But then again did he really shout those words meaning Bong Soo? With iljimae and Kong He. I really don't get the connection actually. I thought kong He bought the shoes for her and not for Young-ae. but I read from somewhere that director himself said that they were bought for Young-ae. About Geom-ee's mother. Yes, she recognized him and he recognized her but they never really had chance to reconcile. So things were left at that. Maybe they will meet in future? As for Eun Chae. Or course she knew who iljimae was. Would she ask about Young-ae for no reason? Also when she heard those birds singing she remembered young Geom-ee and right after that Young-ae who finished the story. I think she found out Iljimae's true identity when she was parting with Young-ae. but yeah. The love story remains unfinished. It wouldn't work between Young-ae and Eun Chae only because Young-ae was foolish. After finding out the truth he decided it would be impossible between them. Why? Because her father Byun Shik was involved. What a foolish, foolish and annoyingly foolish reason!!!! About Iljimae? Yeah, he was definitely alive. And I have the feeling that everyone would find out about it soon too. Though I really don't get the reason why he broke into the palace again. Because king didn't step down?
Anyways. The ending wrapped it up pretty nicely. Though last minutes were as lame as they were in episode 1. I wonder from what kinda underground laboratory Iljimae came from? xD

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Aug 15th, '08, 11:34

My confusion for the last episode:
Did Iljimae really die? If he didn't die, why didn't he go back to his family? Besides, his mother is still alive.

I really love the storyline and all the casts (except that I'm not a big fan of Jun-ki) but I don't really like how Iljimae ended. :glare:

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 15th, '08, 11:42

maakopla wrote:I don't get what's the ruckus about the ending. For me it was crystal clear.
First of all Young-ae disappeared. Many people knew that he was Iljiame and thus didn't wonder about it but I am sure that they made up a story for him. At first I thought that bong Soo was abandoned and it made me think that she is the most pitiful character of all them but then I hear Kong he shouting "Where did that girl go?!" and I knew that she was with them. But then again did he really shout those words meaning Bong Soo? With iljimae and Kong He. I really don't get the connection actually. I thought kong He bought the shoes for her and not for Young-ae. but I read from somewhere that director himself said that they were bought for Young-ae. About Geom-ee's mother. Yes, she recognized him and he recognized her but they never really had chance to reconcile. So things were left at that. Maybe they will meet in future? As for Eun Chae. Or course she knew who iljimae was. Would she ask about Young-ae for no reason? Also when she heard those birds singing she remembered young Geom-ee and right after that Young-ae who finished the story. I think she found out Iljimae's true identity when she was parting with Young-ae. but yeah. The love story remains unfinished. It wouldn't work between Young-ae and Eun Chae only because Young-ae was foolish. After finding out the truth he decided it would be impossible between them. Why? Because her father Byun Shik was involved. What a foolish, foolish and annoyingly foolish reason!!!! About Iljimae? Yeah, he was definitely alive. And I have the feeling that everyone would find out about it soon too. Though I really don't get the reason why he broke into the palace again. Because king didn't step down?
Anyways. The ending wrapped it up pretty nicely. Though last minutes were as lame as they were in episode 1. I wonder from what kinda underground laboratory Iljimae came from? xD

yup, you are right...

the one that i bold in the spoiler is what make me depressed the most... it's not as if the ending either unclear or not... i understand them all long before the sub was released... it's just that the ending really depressed me... i hate when the lovers didn't fight for their love...

i don't really care at all if he died or not, i already get used to this dying parody in korean dramas....

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 15th, '08, 13:01

Christabel wrote:you didnt like TBDAW ending?? O_O!! OMG! I think its great!! it s such agood ending!!
I just loved it XD hehe, however, we all have different taste =P
I kinda have to say i agree with you...the reason i do like th ending is offcourse because iljimae did not die and none of my other favorite characters died, and the fact that the main bad guys like the king and eun cha's father were not killed is actually amazing. Also i am happy that iljimae did not end up with eun cha, thats what i really thought was gonna happen. I wanted him with bong soon. But since she's alive i am happy, that means she has a chance with him... :cheers: But i don't like the fact that everyone thinks he's dead (welll maybe that's what makes it more interesting.) however they should have shown more of what happens...like what happens after those four years..and why is he still robbing...who helped save him when he was slashed from the back? Is he purposely hiding him self from his friends and family, and who knows he's alive? And i wanted to see more brotherly talk between iljimae and his brother....I feel disappointed only for those reasons..however it's not as bad as some people said...

Also the ending was very different from other k dramas were the bad guys is killed or the main character who fights so hard at the end finally gets killed by the bad guys who later gets killed by some else. OR both lovers fight so hard and eventually get together...In reality it's would be almost impossible...so iljimae not ending up with eun chae made it seems more real and the fact they ended with what it started with made sense, because in teh beginning i was like what...what's happenign here...so it connected the ending with the beginning...and u go..oh so thats after when everyone thinks he's dead..well i think mostly everyone. In the last cap he looks more confident and stronger. His pysic is put more together and has now truley transformed into ILJIMAE!.

Overall this is still one hell of an amazing drama...everything was put togethere so well..thigns didn't occur out of no where..there was always an explination....everyone did an great job acting out their charcters. ....AND Damb! junki did once again did an awsome adn outstanding job and ONCE AGAIN PROVED HIS TRUE TALENT TO ALL HIS FANS! I REALLY HOPE THAT THERE IS A SQUEL, MOVIE OR SPECIAL!

BUT I HAVE A FEELING WE WON'T BE SEEING ANYMORE DRAMAS OF JUNKI'S UNTIL HE GOES TO THE ARMY NEXT YEAR AND COMES BACK TWO YEARS LATER...DAMN...MAN THAT'S TOO LONG TO WAIT..HEY BUT I GUESS THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO..IT'S BETTER HE GOES NOW THAN LATER....JUNKI!!!! FIGHTING!
Attachments
Iljimaebanner3-1.jpg
Iljimaebanner3-1.jpg (56.36 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
Last edited by 4everU on Aug 15th, '08, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 15th, '08, 13:12

4everU wrote:
I kinda have to say i agree with you...the reason i do like th ending is offcourse because iljimae did not die and none of my other favorite characters died, and the fact that the main bad guys like the king and eun cha's father were not killed is actually amazing. Also i am happy that iljimae did not end up with eun cha, thats what i really thought was gonna happen. I wanted him with bong soon. But since she's alive i am happy, that means she has a chance with him... :cheers: But i don't like the fact that everyone thinks he's dead (welll maybe that's what makes it more interesting.) however they should have shown more of what happens...like what happens after those four years..and why is he still robbing...who helped save him when he was slashed from the back? Is he purposely hiding him self from his friends and family, and who knows he's alive? And i wanted to see more brotherly talk between iljimae and his brother....I feel disappointed only for those reasons..however it's not as bad as some people said....

Overall this is still one hell of an amazing drama...everything was put togethere so well..thigns didn't occur out of no where..there was always an explination. Damb junki did once again an awsome job and ONCE AGAIN PROVED HIS TRUE TALENT TO ALL HIS FANS! I REALLY HOPE THAT THERE IS A SQUEL, MOVIE OR SPECIAL!

BUT I HAVE A FEELING WE WON'T BE SEEING ANYMORE DRAMAS OF JUNKI'S UNTIL HE GOES TO THE ARMY NEXT YEAR AND COMES BACK TWO YEARS LATER...DAMN...MAN THAT'S TOO LONG TO WAIT..HEY BUT I GUESS THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO..IT'S BETTER HE GOES NOW THAN LATER....JUNKI!!!! FIGHTING!

i am almost to get over iljimae fever... i am waiting patiently for Haeundae since it may be his last work before reporting himself for military service (even i'm still hoping for at least, please, for at least another drama whatsoever... hoping and praying...).

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 15th, '08, 14:30

crocus wrote:
4everU wrote:
I kinda have to say i agree with you...the reason i do like th ending is offcourse because iljimae did not die and none of my other favorite characters died, and the fact that the main bad guys like the king and eun cha's father were not killed is actually amazing. Also i am happy that iljimae did not end up with eun cha, thats what i really thought was gonna happen. I wanted him with bong soon. But since she's alive i am happy, that means she has a chance with him... :cheers: But i don't like the fact that everyone thinks he's dead (welll maybe that's what makes it more interesting.) however they should have shown more of what happens...like what happens after those four years..and why is he still robbing...who helped save him when he was slashed from the back? Is he purposely hiding him self from his friends and family, and who knows he's alive? And i wanted to see more brotherly talk between iljimae and his brother....I feel disappointed only for those reasons..however it's not as bad as some people said....

Overall this is still one hell of an amazing drama...everything was put togethere so well..thigns didn't occur out of no where..there was always an explination. Damb junki did once again an awsome job and ONCE AGAIN PROVED HIS TRUE TALENT TO ALL HIS FANS! I REALLY HOPE THAT THERE IS A SQUEL, MOVIE OR SPECIAL!

i am almost to get over iljimae fever... i am waiting patiently for Haeundae since it may be his last work before reporting himself for military service (even i'm still hoping for at least, please, for at least another drama whatsoever... hoping and praying...).

same here honey....JUST hoping....one more would be great....let it be a gift to alll his fans before leaving...however this time i would love him to play a main character in a romanic drama...most of his dramas...wait he has really only done three..which two were only really his. I just realized...junki has bearly made many films/dramas however he has become amazingly so popular if not the most popular korean/asian actor. It's because i believe he is so determined and his gorgeous face attracts everyone and also he is sure one damb great actor. Just watching one film or drama will convince anyone..onlyl if they are not blind.... :unsure: He deserves one more drama...if he's going next years meaning in january or later in 2009, than he has a coupel of months...i believe a really good and interesting drama can be produced. Action ones takes longer..because there is more training,,however if he does a romantic/comedy...or wutever, than it can be compeleted. JUNKI is always really to start acting! PLEASE JUNKI ONE MORE! :-(

it would be so hot if he looked like this for a main character in a new drama :w00t: .
Attachments
Black.jpg
Black.jpg (26.52 KiB) Viewed 4788 times

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Aug 15th, '08, 15:13

i didnt think youngee was that foolish >.>
he had like two personalities, foolish one to hide his real identity, geomee,
after he gained his memories he was rather more serious.

xAsianDramasx

Post by xAsianDramasx » Aug 15th, '08, 15:30

kurodreams wrote:i didnt think youngee was that foolish >.>
he had like two personalities, foolish one to hide his real identity, geomee,
after he gained his memories he was rather more serious.
I agree wid you~ it was like he had a split personalitie, and it really did feel like he was an acto serious person actin foolish so people want suspect him to be iljimae and thats what made him even more loveable ^_____^ im gonna miss this drama :cry:

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 15th, '08, 17:16

haruna_hamasaki wrote:My confusion for the last episode:
Did Iljimae really die? If he didn't die, why didn't he go back to his family? Besides, his mother is still alive.

I really love the storyline and all the casts (except that I'm not a big fan of Jun-ki) but I don't really like how Iljimae ended. :glare:
OMG...sorry...but how can u not be a big fan of junki. :cry: ..this drama was awsome...but junki's acting and himself made the drama a million times more worth watching!

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Aug 15th, '08, 18:00

4everU wrote:this drama was awesome...but junki's acting and himself made the drama a million times more worth watching!
I totally agree! The plot was very interesting but it was Junki's acting what made this drama so awesome :lol I must admit that he is very talented actor (when I first saw him I though that he will be another handsome boy in a drama without acting skills. I'm so happy that I was wrong!) XD
I know already that I will watch this drama over and over again just like time between dog and wolf :roll

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 15th, '08, 21:13

.Silent. wrote:
4everU wrote:this drama was awesome...but junki's acting and himself made the drama a million times more worth watching!
I totally agree! The plot was very interesting but it was Junki's acting what made this drama so awesome :lol I must admit that he is very talented actor (when I first saw him I though that he will be another handsome boy in a drama without acting skills. I'm so happy that I was wrong!) XD
I know already that I will watch this drama over and over again just like time between dog and wolf :roll
That's wut i really thought at first..but when i started to see his acting...i was blown..i was like not is he a pretty face but a damn goo ass actor...woooow! And I WILL FOR SURE WATCH ILJIMAE OVER AND OVER AGAIN LIKE I DID WITH TIME BETWEEN D&W....I WANT TO BUY THE DVD

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Aug 16th, '08, 09:48

kinda have to say i agree with you...the reason i do like th ending is offcourse because iljimae did not die and none of my other favorite characters died, and the fact that the main bad guys like the king and eun cha's father were not killed is actually amazing. Also i am happy that iljimae did not end up with eun cha, thats what i really thought was gonna happen. I wanted him with bong soon. But since she's alive i am happy, that means she has a chance with him...
What you said was a good thing. But in a way a hero is supposed to die in the end in order to become a legend. So I was a bit disappointed that iljiame didn't die. I thought his motto "Not to kill anyone anymore" was good but that made him somewhat too pure. A hero should be a bit dirty like Batman.

I kinda liked Eun Chae's father. I don't think he was that bad at all. He was just stupid. The king made a good use of him so I kinda pitied the man.

It was pretty unusual to let the king live even after all he had done all those bad deeds but they should have at least changed him to someone else. It was totally obvious that he was not able to be king anymore. He became very weak and that clashed with the way how hard it actually was to remain at the trone. Of course most of his fears were just illusions and he killed the most dangerous men while being sane but still. Those mandarins and other men wouldn't let insane and weak man like that remain the king. And his strongest supporter Chul had died too so no one would protect him anymore.

I know that the director himself said that Kong He bought another pair of the shoes for iljiame but why did he shout "Where has she gone off to again?" after receiving them. Or is this a silly mistake of the translator? He obviously meant Bong Soo.

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 16th, '08, 17:47

AWWWWWWWWWW! Silent, i love junki 's animation pics that you have...he looks so damb cute...like the hair style! :w00t:

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 16th, '08, 17:50

maakopla wrote:
kinda have to say i agree with you...the reason i do like th ending is offcourse because iljimae did not die and none of my other favorite characters died, and the fact that the main bad guys like the king and eun cha's father were not killed is actually amazing. Also i am happy that iljimae did not end up with eun cha, thats what i really thought was gonna happen. I wanted him with bong soon. But since she's alive i am happy, that means she has a chance with him...
What you said was a good thing. But in a way a hero is supposed to die in the end in order to become a legend. So I was a bit disappointed that iljiame didn't die. I thought his motto "Not to kill anyone anymore" was good but that made him somewhat too pure. A hero should be a bit dirty like Batman.

I kinda liked Eun Chae's father. I don't think he was that bad at all. He was just stupid. The king made a good use of him so I kinda pitied the man.

It was pretty unusual to let the king live even after all he had done all those bad deeds but they should have at least changed him to someone else. It was totally obvious that he was not able to be king anymore. He became very weak and that clashed with the way how hard it actually was to remain at the trone. Of course most of his fears were just illusions and he killed the most dangerous men while being sane but still. Those mandarins and other men wouldn't let insane and weak man like that remain the king. And his strongest supporter Chul had died too so no one would protect him anymore.

I know that the director himself said that Kong He bought another pair of the shoes for iljiame but why did he shout "Where has she gone off to again?" after receiving them. Or is this a silly mistake of the translator? He obviously meant Bong Soo.
wow..first time heard someone say...he should haved died...true about a hero having to be somewut dirty...but that's the whole unqiuness of this drama...the hero is not dirty..and a real hero i believe is someone who never hurts anyone (kill( because if u do u are like the rest...and the hero dying at the end makes it seem like..."no matter what u did, u still died..and those who u saved are in danger again..so haha...so him being alive wihtotu telling anyone...makes it different...everyone thinks he's a legend and is dead...but when someone is a legend and is alive is another thing! :blink (I hope i made sence)

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Aug 16th, '08, 18:13

4everU wrote:AWWWWWWWWWW! Silent, i love junki 's animation pics that you have...he looks so damb cute...like the hair style! :w00t:
Hehe Me too! I like it very much! :wub: Thanx! :P
4everU wrote:wow..first time heard someone say...he should haved died...true about a hero having to be somewut dirty...but that's the whole unqiuness of this drama...the hero is not dirty..and a real hero i believe is someone who never hurts anyone (kill( because if u do u are like the rest...and the hero dying at the end makes it seem like..."no matter what u did, u still died..and those who u saved are in danger again..so haha...so him being alive wihtotu telling anyone...makes it different...everyone thinks he's a legend and is dead...but when someone is a legend and is alive is another thing!
I agree. If he would died at the end this whole story would be meaningless (as for me).
The hero must live to be ready to kick the asses of another bad guys which can appear in the future :lol
And he was a bit dirty - coz he was a burglar :P

EDIT: Do you guys know when will be subs for iljimae morning special? :unsure:

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 16th, '08, 22:55

.Silent. wrote:
4everU wrote:AWWWWWWWWWW! Silent, i love junki 's animation pics that you have...he looks so damb cute...like the hair style! :w00t:
Hehe Me too! I like it very much! :wub: Thanx! :P
4everU wrote:wow..first time heard someone say...he should haved died...true about a hero having to be somewut dirty...but that's the whole unqiuness of this drama...the hero is not dirty..and a real hero i believe is someone who never hurts anyone (kill( because if u do u are like the rest...and the hero dying at the end makes it seem like..."no matter what u did, u still died..and those who u saved are in danger again..so haha...so him being alive wihtotu telling anyone...makes it different...everyone thinks he's a legend and is dead...but when someone is a legend and is alive is another thing!
I agree. If he would died at the end this whole story would be meaningless (as for me).
The hero must live to be ready to kick the asses of another bad guys which can appear in the future :lol
And he was a bit dirty - coz he was a burglar :P

EDIT: Do you guys know when will be subs for iljimae morning special? :unsure:
hehehe...exactly honey! :D

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 17th, '08, 13:17

I REALLY MISS ILJIMAE...IT WAS LIKE I WAS LIVING THROUGH WHAT WAS HAPPEING AND I WAS JUST BE ENTERTAINED BY ALL THE ACTION/DRAMA/AND OFFCOURSE JUNKI...I WANNA SEE ANOTHER CONTINUTING SERIES....(runs off and cries in the corner) boooo hoo hooooooooo! :cry:

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Aug 18th, '08, 07:16

@ 4everU Don't cry honey, just re-watch it! XD XD

I've finally watched ep 19 and I must say that someone really screwed it. Not whole episode, but the part when Iljimae is in the palace.
How could Yongee dressed as Iljimae walk inside of palace gate in a bright day without mask on his face and no one of guards saw him? Could someone explain it to me? Coz for me it's stupid XD

And the best part was when his and his mother eyes meet. So touching. It gives hope that they will meet coz his mother knows how they call him and she knows how he looks. :-) (I hope she won't die in the last ep... :glare: )

4everU

Post by 4everU » Aug 18th, '08, 17:23

.Silent. wrote:@ 4everU Don't cry honey, just re-watch it! XD XD

I've finally watched ep 19 and I must say that someone really screwed it. Not whole episode, but the part when Iljimae is in the palace.
How could Yongee dressed as Iljimae walk inside of palace gate in a bright day without mask on his face and no one of guards saw him? Could someone explain it to me? Coz for me it's stupid XD

And the best part was when his and his mother eyes meet. So touching. It gives hope that they will meet coz his mother knows how they call him and she knows how he looks. :-) (I hope she won't die in the last ep... :glare: )
oh..he changed his dressing everytime he entered the palace..he was dresses as one of the guards along with friends who were helping him...when he got into teh palace that's where he would changed quickly. And at the times he came out with the mask no one was there. and if someone saw him he would ovisouly escape....(LOLs...i will watch it again...i wasn't really crying...it was just to show that i miss iljimae! :D )

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Aug 18th, '08, 17:57

But stil. Even if he was sneaking around it was weird that in the middle of the day no one noticed him. Where were guards they shoudl be ptarollin all over? Usually on the "castle' ground" there should be a lot of slaves/guards/workers.
I agree. If he would died at the end this whole story would be meaningless

In a way it was actually meaningless the way it was. King didn't die and didn't step down from the throne. Things were back to what they were in the beginning. Though now the king was just crazy. No way how much I look at the script and try to like it I just can't. If Iljimae died it would have been meaningless and when he didn't die it all was still meaningless. I mean. What was the whole purpose of this drama? Screenwriter started so many subplots but then forgot about them. What about new king? What about corrupted government? The only difference between the ending and the beginning was that at the ending people had a hero to talk about. And what's the difference if Iljimae dies now or later. He will die one day for sure so...
the hero is not dirty..and a real hero i believe is someone who never hurts anyone (kill( because if u do u are like the rest...and the hero dying at the end makes it seem like..."no matter what u did, u still died..and those who u saved are in danger again..
But that makes this drama very naive. There can't be a pure good in this world. I think that it was a beautiful idea that Iljiame didn't kill anyone because he wanted to stop killing. But since he didn't kill a soul it made the whole stuff unrealistic. Then why put him into fighting scenes? (he looked like a little monkey jumping on the walls) Why not just make him sneak and make audience hold thier breath with scenes like him almost getting caught and stuff. Some fighting scenes were good but some just ridiculous especially those when there were like 10 guards vs. one Iljimae. I would have wanted to see more one on one fighting.

Then again in a way this drama got a proper ending because from the start Young-ae just wanted to catch the man who killed his father and make him apologize in front of that titis tree. But I feel like this isn't satisfying enough. I feel like it's too simple.

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 18th, '08, 18:41

He didn't kill? Then what did he throw at the guards that put them on the ground when he was chasing down the king? I couldn't see what items were used. I just assumed its darts he used to throw at the paper. And doesn't darts kill?

Anyhow, I liked the idea of a hero that doesn’t kill. Because I am pretty sure there are people like him that exist in this world.

If he killed the king...then what? The kingdom will collapses and more people would get hurt, especially those that he loves. And neither of them Iljimae or his brother is suit to be the king. And I am pretty sure none of those nobles will listen to them. So instead, he will forever stay by as king's shadow; keeping him straight like he should have been in first place as a king.

And of course we all know revenge doesn't make person feel better usually. Iljimae is better than that, and he is following his ideal that's all.

Anyhow, yeah I will miss this series. It's first k-drama where it got me on the edge, wanting to watch the next ep so badly. I think if I will ever buy DVD of k-drama, this will be the first one. Even though the ending isn't what I wanted, but everyone's alive so it's all good. Rest will be left to our imagine. ^^

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Aug 18th, '08, 18:52

Not everyone. My fav Sol Dol died. :cry:

Silentwolfdog

Post by Silentwolfdog » Aug 18th, '08, 20:15

^Well, heh.
Yeah, that's true.

But usually in drama like this, you would see beloved characters dies or become messed up in the last ep. And it doesn't happen in this one which is a nice break.

.Silent.

Post by .Silent. » Aug 19th, '08, 16:31

I've finally watched the last ep :cheers: :cheers:

Well... I must say that it wasn't what I though it will be... To many unfinished things...
Like this series would need few episodes more to clear that story. I've been left with too many question without an answer.
One obvious thing for me is that he didn't die :D People in the village were talking that he died but the scene of breaking into palace again was in the first ep and he was talking back then to Ajik and Dae Shik. So he was alive :lol :lol

And the best and most touching scene for me was when he was struggling with opening the lock and Sol Dol appeared. I'm so happy that he had his minute in the last episode (even if as a Yongee imaginary) :lol
Silentwolfdog wrote:
But usually in drama like this, you would see beloved characters dies or become messed up in the last ep.
Really? So I watch only those with happy endings XD

I'm really happy that Shi Hoo helped him. I was wondering almost all the time since he discovered that the person which was supposed to be his father is not one in reality why Danee wasn't telling him the truth about his father. And now *BANG!* big backing in memories in the last episode and suddenly he felt that he must do something good for his late family and helped Iljimae. What a twist :faint:

maakopla

Post by maakopla » Aug 19th, '08, 16:59

Silentwolfdog wrote:He didn't kill? Then what did he throw at the guards that put them on the ground when he was chasing down the king? I couldn't see what items were used. I just assumed its darts he used to throw at the paper. And doesn't darts kill?
I didn't pay attention but he definitely didn't kill one soul. He was trained not to kill so he didn't.