Discuss Japanese drama series here.
marienella_m

[Discussion]Yasuko to Kenji-Matsuoka Masahiro, Hirosue Ryoko

Post by marienella_m » Jun 9th, '08, 19:07

Yasuko to Kenji - http://www.ntv.co.jp/yasuken/

from Tokyograph
"Yasuko to Kenji" adaptation stars Masahiro Matsuoka
Fri, May 30, 2008 (2:26am EDT)
TOKIO's Masahiro Matsuoka will star in a new NTV drama series called "Yasuko to Kenji." It is based on a comical manga by artist Aruko that was serialized in Bessatsu Margaret between April 2005 and November 2006.

The show focuses on a man named Kenji (Matsuoka) and his younger sister Yasuko, whose parents died in an accident 10 years earlier. Kenji was once the leader of a gang, but in order to support him and his sister, he began making a living as a shojo mangaka. His character normally wears glasses and appears to be a gentle guy, but he throws off his glasses and reverts to his violent side whenever he tries to protect Yasuko from danger.

Part of the story follows Yasuko's romance with an intelligent and good-looking man named Jun Tsubaki. Jun's older sister Erika now runs a flower shop, but Erika was once a leader of a female gang, and she used to be in love with Kenji during those days.

Finally the cast has been announced! Tabe Mikako will play Yasuko and Ohkura Tadayoshi will be her love interest Jun. Hirosue Ryoko will play Erika, Jun's sister.

this is definitely a great cast, cant wait to see how Ryoko-chan will play her role. :mrgreen:
im also happy to see Mabo in another comedic role, hopefully he will have good chemistry with Ryoko and Mikako. :wub: lastly, i hope Ohkura will shine in this drama, i barely noticed him in Utahime.

TabooxNightmare

Post by TabooxNightmare » Jun 22nd, '08, 22:28

A new Mabo drama! With Hirosue Ryoko! Screw all the others, it sounds like the best thing ever xD

greenspy

Post by greenspy » Jun 23rd, '08, 18:57

I'm waiting for this drama too
It comes from Manga that so fun !!
I like Ryoko Hirosue...
Long time no see...

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Jun 25th, '08, 01:39

YESSSSS Hirosue Ryoko as a Lead again!!! this is gonna be amazinggg

Rori

Re: [Discussion]Yasuko to Kenji-Matsuoka Masahiro, Hirosue R

Post by Rori » Jun 25th, '08, 01:44

marienella_m wrote:The show focuses on a man named Kenji (Matsuoka) and his younger sister Yasuko, whose parents died in an accident 10 years earlier. Kenji was once the leader of a gang, but in order to support him and his sister, he began making a living as a shojo mangaka. His character normally wears glasses and appears to be a gentle guy, but he throws off his glasses and reverts to his violent side whenever he tries to protect Yasuko from danger.
Ahh, since I've always wanted a big brother I'm open to any drama that's like this. xD

Definitely throwing this on my watch list. Seen the cm a few times on TVUPlayer.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jun 25th, '08, 02:08

ryoko :D i saw that SBK fansubs is doing this.. well im hoping SARS would do this too :S want to see this one weekly xD

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jun 25th, '08, 02:50

furransu wrote:ryoko :D i saw that SBK fansubs is doing this.. well im hoping SARS would do this too :S want to see this one weekly xD
We actually got a few extra hands to help with this project so we're really pumped up to do the best for this drama and try to release it as fast as possible. :)
i barely noticed him in Utahime.
How could you not notice him? He was such an annoying cockblocker in the last few eps.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jun 25th, '08, 03:57

thats great news :) ahh i miss ryoko.. last time she was on a drama was on galileo right as a guest

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 1st, '08, 06:46

bump~ anyone know when this one is starting? its taking gokusen's timeslot so i guess it starts this week or next week..

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 1st, '08, 11:43

furransu wrote:bump~ anyone know when this one is starting? its taking gokusen's timeslot so i guess it starts this week or next week..
it will start on July 12

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 2nd, '08, 00:09

It's 10 days away, can't wait :3

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Jul 2nd, '08, 00:48

I'm really excited for the drama, the story seems very interesting and I like how the cast looks. ^^ I am really happy that SBK picked it up. :D

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 8th, '08, 04:53

It looks real funny, and I am gonna need a funny drama after watching Last Friends and then moving on to Maou. LOL

We're all excited to be subbing it XD

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 10th, '08, 20:33

the theme song has been announced:

Tokio - Amagasa (雨傘)
lyrics by Shiina Ringo, the single will be released this September.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 11th, '08, 05:01

Wait
wait
wait

SHIINA RINGO?

AND TOKIO

OH MY GOD. GREATEST NEWS I'VE EVER HERAD

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 12th, '08, 11:36

Minnaa~ the drama will be airing today? Did it starts? If you watch it, please comment about the 1st episode. I am really looking forward for it :cheers:

greenspy

Post by greenspy » Jul 12th, '08, 12:15

looking forward to this series too^^

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 12th, '08, 13:40

I just watched this earlier.

I might be biased just because it's Mabo.. but wth..
Overall.. I liked it..
despite the crappy quality, i still enjoyed it.
despite my mediocre knowledge of the Japanese language, i really enjoyed it.

It may OR may not turn out "gokusen-ish", if you get my meaning.
but it's a light drama.. and really meant for enjoyment.

i guess i need i need to watch a better quality version to get a feel on whether the casts' did fine in their roles..
but hearing Mabo's delivery of his lines. i'd say he nailed it.

oh! and of course.. i find the four main casts so.. beautiful. they just are. haha.

plus, i fell in love with the theme song. HAHA.
TOKIO + Sheena Ringo wins..

looking forward to the subbed version! gambare!

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 14:09

Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing drama. Its so cute and light hearted and I laughed quite a lot. Mabo is just brilliant in his "aniki/onii-chan" role.

My god, I can't wait for the HD release.

And Amekasa. HOLY **** TOKIO + SHIINA RINGO = LOVE.

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 12th, '08, 14:24

morai_naki wrote: I just watched this earlier.

I might be biased just because it's Mabo.. but wth..
Overall.. I liked it..
despite the crappy quality, i still enjoyed it.
despite my mediocre knowledge of the Japanese language, i really enjoyed it.
I am planning to watch it RAW and hope the sub will come out soon tooo~ :cheers: just have to be patient, right? :)

morai_naki wrote: It may OR may not turn out "gokusen-ish", if you get my meaning.
I get what you mean~ :)
and just the interaction about the over-protective brother with his small sister is sooo nice~ just from the CM and some scene i bet the drama is funny :lol Also, wanna see Ohkura with his onee-chan tooo~
morai_naki wrote: i guess i need i need to watch a better quality version to get a feel on whether the casts' did fine in their roles..
but hearing Mabo's delivery of his lines. i'd say he nailed it.

oh! and of course.. i find the four main casts so.. beautiful. they just are. haha.

plus, i fell in love with the theme song. HAHA.
TOKIO + Sheena Ringo wins..

looking forward to the subbed version! gambare!
TOKIO song? :w00t: didn't know about it ^___^ how was it? like rock style? or pop? hope the drama will be uploaded soon so i can dl and watch it :cheers:

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 15:08

I'm working on the translation right now, so maybe we at SBK can get this out real quick :)

If you ever heard a Tokyo Jihen song, that's basically what this song sounds like.

Hmm... here's something that's close to the new TOKIO song:

I'm a HUGE Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen fan so I simply love the new song.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 12th, '08, 15:33

@ Ladymercury
gambatte! i want to help with the subs~ but it seems like enocoders are what you need. (i'm a timer. LOL)

and yes.. it's such a light-hearted drama.. i think it's a perfect watch after a hectic week from school/work.

Another..
And YES.. I even accidentally typed TOKIO JIHEN when i first heard the news of the collaboration. LOL
i found the flashbacks cute~ LOL

@ Robina
Genre's very new to TOKIO.. Jazz.
This is the first drama I've seen RAW.
and yes, patience is a virtue.

Here's the "preview" of TOKIO's new song.. BUT I MUST WARN PPL.. 1st EP SPOILERS. HEAVY BUT BEAUTIFUL SPOILERS.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 16:24

morai_naki wrote:@ Ladymercury
gambatte! i want to help with the subs~ but it seems like enocoders are what you need. (i'm a timer. LOL)

and yes.. it's such a light-hearted drama.. i think it's a perfect watch after a hectic week from school/work.

Another..
And YES.. I even accidentally typed TOKIO JIHEN when i first heard the news of the collaboration. LOL
i found the flashbacks cute~ LOL
Aww, yeah, we already got our team ready for this drama ^^

HAHA! Me too, and I'm like gyaaaah, I'm confused now XD But it is a perfect collab!

Weren't they?!
Here's the "preview" of TOKIO's new song.. BUT I MUST WARN PPL.. 1st EP SPOILERS. HEAVY BUT BEAUTIFUL SPOILERS.
I love it so much! So so so so so so so much! Truly a song written for Tokio, then again, Tokyo Jihen has the same instrumentation so it works out even better XDD *fangirl spaz*

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 12th, '08, 16:35

@ Ladymercury
I keep on repeating that video again and again.
That was my fave scene!!
perfect timing with the song!
the new song's like TOKIO but not TOKIO.

Can't wait for episode 2!!

EDIT: TORRENT IS UP!!!!!!

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 12th, '08, 17:05

My god! That was fast for the torrent! *downloads* It'll make translating this easier knowing who's saying what LOL

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 13th, '08, 03:54

morai_naki wrote: @ Robina
Genre's very new to TOKIO.. Jazz.
This is the first drama I've seen RAW.
and yes, patience is a virtue.

I just saw the link maybe 3 times to listen to the song but my eyes couldn't get of Mabo action :lol and finally i minimize the window to listen to the song this time XD

THIS DRAMA WILL LIGHT MY MOOD UP AFTER WORK :w00t: when i go home, i will find it waiting for me to watch it .

Spoiler of the link you posted
WHY? the video stopped at the imporatnt part where his sister came and kick Mabo back!! I just saw the red shoes and knew it was her :lol after Mabo acting cool and then sees her what kind of reaction will it be :lol
@Ladymercury: Thanks for the link :-) I will be waiting for the sub to be release but i am planning to watch it raw :cheers:

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 14th, '08, 00:30

ratings:

12.3% 21:00-22:09 NTV [新]土曜ドラマ・ヤスコとケンジ

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 14th, '08, 05:33

:D I've been waiting for a drama like this, I'm really drawn to the little sister/big brother types and I hated First Kiss so I'm really glad another one appeared since there aren't many.

It does seem a bit Gokusen-ish what with Kenji being a Mangaka during the day and Erika being a Florist yet when little bro/little sis get in trouble they change into what they formerly were. Then again, I love Gokusen so not even the similarity will put me off. Heck, there's only been one episode and it looks like a drama I can really enjoy.

Love the theme song also.

Looking forward to the hardsubs.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 14th, '08, 05:46

@ Rori
The theme song is just beautiful, ain't it?
i keep on listening to it again and again.
LOL

Well, while I didn't hate Gokusen, it gets pretty tiring towards the end.. repetitive, esp. after 3 seasons. (as much as i admire Nakama Yukie and her ever comedic partner Namase Katsuhisa..)

But as I said, I thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. Haha.

@ Robina
Yeah. I wanted to see that scene again, too. But well, the song ended there, so I guess the uploader stopped there, too. LOL
LOL.. i know what you mean, I can't concentrate on the song alone.. Mabo was too distracting. I tried not looking.. but I hear his gangster voice, and I get distracted, too. LOL

@ marienella_m
thanks for the info.

Robina

Post by Robina » Jul 14th, '08, 07:34

@morai_naki: Finally watch the drama yesterday. Honestly, I was soooo excited the whole time and the reaction and action tooo~ XD This drama light the mood up! it's sooooo funny tooo~ :lol

Spoiler Ep.1:
He really over protective brother and what a schedule he made for his sister XD and when Jun appeared~ kawai~ <3

Lets see:
1- when he felt his sister might fall in love and kick the table with all the food
2-after she was late b/c she was with Jun, there is sad scene when I saw him crying T__T when his sister told you when wasn't there when father/mother died and I was all alone and I wish if I was still alone without you~ T_____________T sooo sad~ I bet Mabo was shocked too~
3-Mabo said something after the action scene, when he save his sister, he said to Jun, if you can't protect her so don't ever come near her again.
4-Jun elder sister XD this girl is reallly doing well!! and her friend reaction is cool :lol pure Yankee's X D

THE BEST PART EVER!!!
When Mabo & Jun Elder sister meet XD and did u see her reaction when there eyes meet first and she went like a kawai~ shy girl & playing with her fingers LOL :lol and he said something to her and she get angry XD LOL she changes fast! and the look of there younger's i shocked double now :rofl:
now want to see what will happen next!!!!

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 14th, '08, 08:58

@ Robina
LOL LOL LOL
I absolutely LOVED Tabe and Ohkura's shocked expressions seeing their older siblings like that!

re. 1.. HAHA.. If I had an over-protective brother like that. I totally wouldn't mind!
re. 2.. Yeah.. those were pretty harsh words.. typical teenage angst. LOL

Also, it might be too early to tell, but I really think Tabe Mikako has great potential. I loved her character in Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi.. and I'm starting to adore her cuteness here. She's totally different in Shikaotoko. LOL

As I didn't like Ohkura's character in Utahime (esp. towards the end!), I hope to see him in a new light here.

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 14th, '08, 09:10

I skipped watching Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi; the first episode bored me to death so I wasn't even going to attempt to watch the rest of the series. Though I do like Tabe Mikako after watching Yamada Taro Monogatari. Her infatuation with Jun can easily be compared to the way she was with Nino's character. Well, nonetheless I like this actress and was glad to see her in this as I didn't really pay attention to the cast list before I watched it.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 14th, '08, 15:37

Ohkura's character in Utahime was cute in the first five episodes, then they gave his character more screentime and then it was like PLEASE, SHUT UP AND STOP COCKBLOCKING.

... Yes. Had to get that out there.

I really like his role in this, since his character will not be performing any cockblocking. :D

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 14th, '08, 15:51

@ Rori
Aww.. That's too bad. Well, Shikaotoko is a slow-paced drama. And lotsa' ppl did find it boring..
I haven't watched Yamada Taro.
Anyways, re. Yasuko, I really hope that when this character matures as the story progresses, I'd be able to feel it through her acting.

@ Ladymercury
re. Utahime's James.. EXACTLY. (That's the one thing that irks me about the script, everything ws fine, except for his.. cockblocking, as you put it. It almost feels like it was done just to give him more screentime because he's a Johnny's.. Nothing against Ohkura.. It's all on James.)
I'm stopping before I get myself more out-of-topic.
Yes, given Ohkura's role in YasutoKen, it is unlikely that he would do something like that (or even be put into a situation that he can do something like that).
Go Jun~ Convince Kenji you're worthy of Yasuko!!

I noticed that it's only Monday. Saturday's still so far off!

Those two guys, Socrates from ProDai, and Minoru from Gokusen, I wonder how big role they're gonna play?

And a random question to anyone.. Has anyone read the manga of Yasuko to Kenji?

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 15th, '08, 00:49

It took Tabe a little while to grow on me in Yamada Taro, but she eventually turned into one of my favorite parts of that show. Loved her in Shikaotoko as well, which was more my kinda show than Yamada Taro (the over the top poverty stuff made me roll my eyes at Taro a bit more than I'd have liked). So far she's been really good again, and this looks like a series I'll really enjoy.

I agree with the above comments about how James got annoying towards the end of Utahime. Nice to see Ohkura in a different kind of role.

This first episode made for a good lighthearted comedy to offset some of the darker/heavier shows this season. The main cast all did a great job, and I really hope we get lots of Kenji's assistants, because they are both quite funny as well.
The bit where they were modeling the embrace for Kenji to draw had my family in stitches.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Jul 15th, '08, 18:05

looking forward to ep1 ! gambate SBK :)

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 16th, '08, 13:49

@ ryoko11
HAHA.. LOL.. with the matching wig and all.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 17th, '08, 16:58

Kenji has one dedicated group of underlings, I can tell you that XD

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jul 18th, '08, 00:22

^--they look really familiar to me, but I can't place 'em.

Just watched the ep1... I had high expectations, but damn, I wasn't expecting it to be ~that~ good. Nothing's that good. (Well, except Trick). Incredible. Absolute best drama of the year.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 18th, '08, 01:10

I know one of his underlings is from Gokusen... the other one... I dunno.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 18th, '08, 01:49

The one with the curly hair played Socrates in Proposal Daisakusen. (And he pretty well stole the Prodai SP with one particular scene. :lol ) I think he was also in the background of the office in Hotaru no Hikari.

pinoymutt

Post by pinoymutt » Jul 18th, '08, 02:17

Rori wrote:I skipped watching Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi; the first episode bored me to death so I wasn't even going to attempt to watch the rest of the series. Though I do like Tabe Mikako after watching Yamada Taro Monogatari. Her infatuation with Jun can easily be compared to the way she was with Nino's character. Well, nonetheless I like this actress and was glad to see her in this as I didn't really pay attention to the cast list before I watched it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that was bored to death with the first ep of Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi, even though I like most of the stars in it.

Although I did watch Yamada after I tried the first ep and liked Tabe-chan, so I may give it another go around....

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 18th, '08, 14:14

ryoko11 wrote:The one with the curly hair played Socrates in Proposal Daisakusen. (And he pretty well stole the Prodai SP with one particular scene. :lol ) I think he was also in the background of the office in Hotaru no Hikari.
He's really funny I like him XD

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Jul 18th, '08, 22:18

Mabo and Mikako have a great chemistry!! its fun to watch because they're both good actors.:D this drama has a similar storyline as another NTV drama Seigi no Mikata, both comedies about love-hate relationship between siblings, but i prefer Yasuko to Kenji so far. :D

Enaji

Post by Enaji » Jul 18th, '08, 23:20

Watched the first ep and it seemed really interesting from the very start :D

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Jul 19th, '08, 17:03

Hirosue Ryoko is still as cute as ever =)))

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 20th, '08, 04:18

I was able to watch the clearer version of YasuKen~ Hoorrah for the first ep release. (Yes, I'm late in celebrating. LOL)..

Anyways, Hirosue Ryoko, during her first scenes, I thought she wouldn't make a good ex-yankee member..
Because.. well.. her voice!! It's so.. cute!!!
Unlike her friend who's srsly yankee material.

But I think her facial expression makes up for it..
and yes, she's soooooooooooo pretty~

I barely got to watch the second episode last night. Because I'm a loser like that..
So, I barely understood it.
But "nee-chan" kicked *ss this time around, too. Beautiful tandem.. the two of them~

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Jul 20th, '08, 08:51

I also watched the first episode of this (kuddos to the fansubbers :D ) because of Hirosue Ryoko. Gosh it's been a while since i last saw her acting :wub: I agree that at first she didn't really sound like a gangsta girl but her friend make it up for her i suppose lmao. But in the scene where that guy was trying to give her the roses she was good.

As for Tabe Mikako...well i didn't like her at first in Yamada Tarou but she had grown up on me till the very last episode. I find her character as Yasuko quite similar to Takako in Yamada Taro. Especially when she goes all 'kyaaaaa' over the boy she likes. I guess she's good in playing those kind of scenes. :mrgreen:

All in all i would say this drama is a light comedy and could probably be enjoyed by a variety of audience (:

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 20th, '08, 09:59

is this the best new show of the season? so far it's the only show of the season i noticed on the internet.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 20th, '08, 10:12

is this the best new show of the season? so far it's the only show of the season i noticed on the internet.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 20th, '08, 11:36

@ outcast_within
well, "best" is a relative term.. haha.
also, if it's rating-based, no.. not really.
as for other criteria like acting, casting, storyline or whatever else..
it's gonna pretty hard to say.. there are too many doramas in a season..
but putting all that aside,
i must say, i've enjoyed the first two episodes of this series..
it's a light hearted drama..
it's like a stress-reliever.. perfect for the weekend..

I see~ so Tabe was really different in Shikaotoko but similar in YasuKen and Yamada Taro..
Hahaha..
I am still not over how sweet yet dangerously beautiful Erika-chan is. LOL

dramatiqu3

Post by dramatiqu3 » Jul 20th, '08, 14:18

Just watched the first ep, Thanks so much to the subbers!! :D

AWESOME SO FAR. I don't know what I expected before watching this, probably not that I'd like it this much. Themesong is great, (can totally hear the Shiina influence :wub:), cast is great so far. Also, a lot of lead female chars. like Yasuko tend to annoy me, and surprisingly she didn't.
It may OR may not turn out "gokusen-ish", if you get my meaning.
LOL I noticed the gokusen-ish aspects as well, but for some reason they worked well for me here, whilst they seemed cliche in Gokusen. I dunno. Also, kinda irrelevant, but seeing Uchiyama Shinji here reminds me of Gokusen as well. Hell, his character here is pretty much 'Minoru'. I still like him though. That other guy too. ''Socrates'' :lol

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 20th, '08, 16:20

subs are already out? i read 2 people saying ty for subs

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 20th, '08, 16:30

outcast_within wrote:subs are already out? i read 2 people saying ty for subs
Yep, been out for a couple of days now. Find it here.

I really wouldn't call this drama the best this season so far. I'm enjoying a few other series immensely more than this but then again, it's all down to your personal opinion on what you find the "best".

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 20th, '08, 19:25

XD I dont have much to say on this ep cause Im working on ep 2 translations but since this does indirectly relate to Y&K, we need the opinions of you guys regarding us also releasing the softsubs.... So kinda express yourself here.

http://fansubs.shibukai.net/?p=51#comments

Thanks! xD

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 20th, '08, 21:40

@ Ladymercury
Thanks for the link.
G'luck on your translation!

@ dramatiqu3
Haha.. Yeah. Or maybe for me.. because of three straight seasons of the same plot, I kinda got tired of it (no matter how big a Nakama Yukie fan I am)..
Hnnnn... I do not want to spoil my excitement for YasuKen.. Haha..
I guess the magic formula for school dramas worked for me, too. LOL

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jul 21st, '08, 00:28

Funny first ep, just what i needed something easy and funny to watch :) will watch second soon

Spielbol

Post by Spielbol » Jul 21st, '08, 02:17

Talking about overacting. Being adapted from a manga doesn't mean overacting is acceptable.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 21st, '08, 03:56

Spielbol wrote:Talking about overacting. Being adapted from a manga doesn't mean overacting is acceptable.
If you don't understand Japanese media, Yankees have always been portrayed as over exaggerated characters. Their "threatening" demeanor has pretty much became a joke than something serious.

Also, the show is based off of a wacky manga with an obviously wacky premise so they have to overact the scenes to make it more animated. Going into this expecting a great drama on the lines of 14sai no Haha or Watashitachi no Kyoukasho is like asking Johnny & Associates to put their acts on the same episode with a rival boyband on Music Station.

Weird analogy, I know, but I can't think of anything else.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 21st, '08, 09:37

I really liked this epside though at some times i got some gokusen shivers down my spine. I really hope not every episode will end in a fighting scene in some big hangar. Also the "slang" jokes reminded me a lot of the maffia slang from gokusen.
I liked the touchy family situations you see in these kinds of dramas. and also loved the open mouth the gang boss made at the end. Reminded me a bit of my boss my hero.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 21st, '08, 13:46

outcast_within wrote:Iand also loved the open mouth the gang boss made at the end. Reminded me a bit of my boss my hero.
Hahaha.. Sometimes, Kenji's voice reminds me of Kotora from tiger and Dragon.. and his facial expression reminiscent indeed of Makio in MBMH.
Did Mabo take lesson's from Nagase?? LOL j/k

Hnnn.. correct me if I'm wrong..
But is this so-called "exaggeration" in dramas also a culture thing?
What I mean is.. I think it's part of the humour of Japanese TV.. and locals love it, whereas, other ppl might find it quite overdoing.. and so..
I dunno.. that's just what I noticed in the dramas (and comedy shows) that I watch.
I love it tho. HAHA.
It's either that.. or I just don't get to watch any American sitcoms with that kind of humour.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Jul 21st, '08, 14:03

Japanese humor tends to over exaggerate things, yes, but to me it makes it more the funnier.

airskape

Post by airskape » Jul 21st, '08, 14:37

i thoroughly enjoyed the first ep!
however there's just something about mikako's face that i just find plain weird..lol

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jul 22nd, '08, 00:05

To be honest i don't care at all about the overacting or anything, i just wanted something funny to watch and release stress and this one is just perfect for that so far :)

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 22nd, '08, 16:42

Ginoru wrote:To be honest i don't care at all about the overacting or anything, i just wanted something funny to watch and release stress and this one is just perfect for that so far :)
Hahaha.. YasuKen has been a stress reliever for most of us here, eh?

And so do the Japanese..
ratings for episode 2: 13.1%

kokitty

Post by kokitty » Jul 23rd, '08, 04:52

For those who're in already in love with the ending theme song, Amagasa.....

Good quality radio rip full song download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UOB35XIC
Feel free to post the above link to any bbs, LJs. No crediting is required.

No release date is scheduled for this single yet, earilest 3rd Sept probably.

dramatiqu3

Post by dramatiqu3 » Jul 23rd, '08, 05:40

kokitty wrote:For those who're in already in love with the ending theme song, Amagasa.....

Thanks for sharing! Loving this song :D

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 23rd, '08, 15:38

kokitty wrote:For those who're in already in love with the ending theme song, Amagasa.....

Kokitty, glad to see you around.
And thanks so much for the radio rip.
I've been looking for it for quite a while.
Will be posting this over at LJ, too.
Just sharing the love.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 24th, '08, 22:10

outcast_within wrote:I really liked this epside though at some times i got some gokusen shivers down my spine. I really hope not every episode will end in a fighting scene in some big hangar. Also the "slang" jokes reminded me a lot of the maffia slang from gokusen.
I liked the touchy family situations you see in these kinds of dramas. and also loved the open mouth the gang boss made at the end. Reminded me a bit of my boss my hero.
doh
it's a bit sad this tv producer keeps doing things according to the same format. Still i liked episode 2.
But sticking to a format like that kinda prevents a good show becoming a special show

Like gokusen his secret will be out in the open as the final climax probably

atskv9

Post by atskv9 » Jul 25th, '08, 23:21

massaru has posted an episode of Oshareism with Matsuoka Masahiro
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63681.htm

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 26th, '08, 13:58

WTH. I think I'm gonna take back what I said earlier.
By now, I guess that this drama will be a formula drama.
But hell..
I DON'T CARE, ANYMORE..

All I can say is that I can't wait for the next episode!

I didn't comprehend everything that was going on on tonight's episode but..
The Yasuko and Kenji "moments" were to die for!
I love the exaggerated humour..
and their beautiful faces~

I'm still not over the thought that it seems almost effortless for Mabo to have that kind of demeanor. LOL

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Jul 26th, '08, 21:34

...eh.... dunno about it being too formulaic, the setting is a bit too open-ended for that--besides, there's way too much potential ALL OVER the board to limit to a single formula.

I'll be sad if it does, but hopefully if it does it'll relegate the formulaic parts to, like, the last seven minutes or so of each episode.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 29th, '08, 18:35

about the formula I was pertaining to..
what made me say that was basically the kidnap scenario at the end of every episode.. most probably, every episode will involve a Yasuko-in-trouble and Kenji-to-the-Rescue scene.

But I wouldn't be sad if I would be proven wrong~

EPISODE 3
Tell me I'm not the only one who cried over episode 3..
I was teary-eyed during the whole "separation" moments.
And I cried when Yasuko started crying, too.
Blah. Crybaby.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Jul 30th, '08, 11:35

Another hangar ending.This makes it 3 in a row. I have to get used to them i gues.
By the way i think kenji has a gps in his bike placed by the black roses. Since they arived a minute later as well.

But i thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the show.
How did the pre aranged marriage girl knew about the past of kenji and black rose?

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 30th, '08, 14:29

outcast_within wrote:Another hangar ending.This makes it 3 in a row. I have to get used to them i gues.
By the way i think kenji has a gps in his bike placed by the black roses. Since they arived a minute later as well.

But i thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the show.
How did the pre aranged marriage girl knew about the past of kenji and black rose?
From the aunt, perhaps?
Just my guess.