[Discussion]Yasuko to Kenji-Matsuoka Masahiro, Hirosue Ryoko

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jul 30th, '08, 22:45

outcast_within wrote:By the way i think kenji has a gps in his bike placed by the black roses. Since they arived a minute later as well.
That made me laugh sooo much XD XD You are soo right!! It is really funny!! Maybe one day we will see the other wat round too ;)

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Jul 31st, '08, 03:10

Ginoru wrote:
outcast_within wrote:By the way i think kenji has a gps in his bike placed by the black roses. Since they arived a minute later as well.
That made me laugh sooo much XD XD You are soo right!! It is really funny!! Maybe one day we will see the other wat round too ;)
LOL.. and Kenji finds Yasuko by.. instinct?

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Jul 31st, '08, 15:13

Nooo the ink he uses to write all her things is rigged to act as GPS too XD!!!

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Aug 1st, '08, 19:33

i think it's just a plothole.
It's the formula to have everyone together in the hangar scene

is there any tip for me what other show i should watch prefer this season but any other is also good.

i loved my boss my hero, densha otoko, zettai kareshi. i loved the first episodes of hanakimi and monagotori
I enjoyed summer snow, hyd1 gokusen1,

disliked hyd/etc. goku/etc. mokudono, at home dad.

anything popping in your mind after hearing this?

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Aug 1st, '08, 23:25

I'm sure the aunt, knowing Kenji and Erika, called the two of them to save Ai and Yasuko. Considering Kenji's rash behavior and how he showed up on his own, he probably over reacted and left before Fumeiko could tell him anything else -- And because she didn't want him going in there own his own, called Erika for back up and hitched a ride with her to the scene.

It only makes sense...

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Aug 2nd, '08, 02:22

Ladymercury wrote:I'm sure the aunt, knowing Kenji and Erika, called the two of them to save Ai and Yasuko. Considering Kenji's rash behavior and how he showed up on his own, he probably over reacted and left before Fumeiko could tell him anything else -- And because she didn't want him going in there own his own, called Erika for back up and hitched a ride with her to the scene.

It only makes sense...
Uhuh.. but I keep wondering how Kenji and Erika knows where they were taken.. LOL

tsurashi313

Post by tsurashi313 » Aug 2nd, '08, 02:36

^lol, it's just a drama. It could be instinct and it could be not. :)

This show is so hilarious, it keeps me so entertained unlike the other Japanese dramas that had been showing lately. Hopefully it keeps it that way.

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 2nd, '08, 02:44

morai_naki wrote:
Ladymercury wrote:I'm sure the aunt, knowing Kenji and Erika, called the two of them to save Ai and Yasuko. Considering Kenji's rash behavior and how he showed up on his own, he probably over reacted and left before Fumeiko could tell him anything else -- And because she didn't want him going in there own his own, called Erika for back up and hitched a ride with her to the scene.

It only makes sense...
Uhuh.. but I keep wondering how Kenji and Erika knows where they were taken.. LOL
Think this happens in just about every other similar drama.

Person A gets taken to some broken down, abandoned factory/warehouse yet Person B will know exactly where to find them.

I, too, am really loving this show atm. One series I'm actually sticking to this season, I've seemed to have dropped most of the others I started to watch.

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 2nd, '08, 03:28

I really enjoy this series and the momentum of each episode but one thing that bother me tremendously but I'm sure that the one thing most people like.
It is really necessary to create a scene where Kenji randomly dressed in biker gang outfit just to save it his sister in an abandon warehouse every episode?

Robina

Post by Robina » Aug 2nd, '08, 10:04

Yasuda Shota will be a guest In Ohkura drama Yasuko To Kenji

Please Check Paaan LJ for the translation!
http://paaaaan.livejournal.com/68366.html

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Aug 2nd, '08, 10:23

Sadly, after 2 eps Ryoko is yet to convince as a gang leader, though she does look good. She simply doesn't look menacing or dangerous, not to mention that she doesn't sound quite right when she's trying to be "tough". He definitely is convincing as a good gangster at least.

outcast_within

Post by outcast_within » Aug 2nd, '08, 11:57

aimlesswanderer wrote:Sadly, after 2 eps Ryoko is yet to convince as a gang leader, though she does look good. She simply doesn't look menacing or dangerous, not to mention that she doesn't sound quite right when she's trying to be "tough". He definitely is convincing as a good gangster at least.
she has animated fire eyes and can look humourfully badass all the convincing i need

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Aug 2nd, '08, 13:49

Rori wrote:
morai_naki wrote:

It only makes sense...
Think this happens in just about every other similar drama.

Person A gets taken to some broken down, abandoned factory/warehouse yet Person B will know exactly where to find them.

I, too, am really loving this show atm. One series I'm actually sticking to this season, I've seemed to have dropped most of the others I started to watch.
LOL yeah.
And we all love the rescue scenes anyways~

I still can't believe that I'm crying over a light-comedy drama.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Aug 2nd, '08, 17:48

aimlesswanderer wrote:Sadly, after 2 eps Ryoko is yet to convince as a gang leader, though she does look good. She simply doesn't look menacing or dangerous, not to mention that she doesn't sound quite right when she's trying to be "tough". He definitely is convincing as a good gangster at least.
Well, you have to realize, she's lost a lot of weight and when she did loose the weight that was about the time that Kenji left and she had to hold her feelings for him. Now imagine the Yokozuna leading a gang of bikers, now that'd be intimidating 8D;
XD That I never know... Episode 1, Ajidasu had followed and got help and Jun had texted his sister, Episode 2 -- Since Yasuko had her cellphone, she probablly could have texted someone, but Erika had arrived first so that probably ... in left in plothole heaven, and then episode three... Maybe Fumeiko followed? XD
Yasuda Shota will be a guest In Ohkura drama Yasuko To Kenji

Please Check Paaan LJ for the translation!
http://paaaaan.livejournal.com/68366.html
I CANT WAIT. I'VE BEEN WANTING TO SEE DARK HAIR YASU FOR SO LONG NOW XD

Oh, ep 4 torrent is up.

Edit: Episode 4... Great Episode or Greatest Episode?

I seriously started to get teary eyed at the end... and Jun, omg, I'm starting to like you more and more. Jun/Yasuko is so damned cute.

and...
Oh my god, no warehouse fight! Yay!

Suou

Post by Suou » Aug 4th, '08, 22:15

Wahh This drama is awesome~ May have some holes regarding the rescue issues and that stuff but... it's still very good. One of the few I sit and wait every week to be released.

@aimlesswanderer: Well, >< Erika is too cute to look scary, but she does a very good job. The scenes where she changes from the sweet onee-san to the gang leader XD are hilarious.

The only one who seems to be not really accurate for the role is Yasuko... Though she's much better now than in ep 1 [that's just my opinion]

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 5th, '08, 06:15

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm really loving this drama

It's so light hearted and fun to watch. :wub:

Ep 4:
Happy that it didn't end with beating up filler thugs in some run down factory for once. It probably was the best episode so far.

Jun/Yasuko is VERY cute, I'd like it even more if I could get used to his actor though.
Edit: by the way, the theme song to this drama: TOKIO's Amagasa (?) when is it out? is it out already? I totally want it. :cheers:

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Aug 5th, '08, 14:42

Rori wrote:by the way, the theme song to this drama: TOKIO's Amagasa (?) when is it out? is it out already? I totally want it. :cheers:
It's gonna be out by september..
Oh the long wait. LOL

The whole single itself looks promising.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Aug 5th, '08, 16:35

I have a feeling next episode is gonna at least hint that Jun likes Yasuko, or at least, realizes that he likes her... mainly because the entire episode 5 plot revolves around Yasuda's character making Jun suffer, and in turn, taking Yasuko away from him.

In t he end, I find Jun/Yasuko entirely too cute for words.

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 8th, '08, 03:14

[quote="Rori"]
Happy that it didn't end with beating up filler thugs in some run down factory for once. It probably was the best episode so far..
Kudos to that. Episode 4 is indeed a very good episode so far... very poignant. I do not like the actor that played Jun because of the previous series he was in, so I really do not care much about Jun and Yasuko. I am more interest in seeing if the brother and sister will eventually understand each other.

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Aug 9th, '08, 12:58

EPISODE 5
Yey~ I get to see more Jun character depth~ LOL.

This ep kinda proves that the feeling is mutual between Yasuko and Jun.

But "Ossan (sp?) and Obasan" is one the most beautiful couples ever.
i wasn't able to screen capture when their backs were against each other. lovely.

aaand.. i sorta didn't understand the rest of the storyline~ LOL

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Aug 12th, '08, 07:21

I believe the feeling is mutual between Yasuko and Jun. For Jun to give up his university interview to save her, for him to get angry at Yasuko for 'being in a relationship' with Yamada... showing signs of jealousy and hurt... and for him to consider Yasuko his 'most important person' in his life, I do think he's in love with her.

Next week's episode seems more filler, since the show's already landed the big hint that Jun's (probably) in love with Yasuko -- and has to ride this out for a while giving us a Kaori/Ajidasu focused episode... but... Having Jun work for Kenji will certainly add more tension in the household, especially taking into consideration his feelings for Yasuko.

If I remember correctly he did considered Kenji a rival :P

Also, Kenji basically admitted that he knows that Yasuko is in love with Jun. For him to get down on his knees and beg him to save Yasuko, to make her smile, because he's the only one who can make her smile like that speaks volumes.

I think that Kenji is slowly letting her go, but, in retaliation making it harder for Jun to have her.
Edit: by the way, the theme song to this drama: TOKIO's Amagasa (?) when is it out? is it out already? I totally want it.
September! JE already released the single cover art. :D I already preordered my copy 8D

donna8157

Post by donna8157 » Aug 16th, '08, 03:44

This drama is great, it's lighthearted and a pleasure to watch. Plus, it's great to see Hirosue Ryoko again in a drama.

Ov3rs3as

Post by Ov3rs3as » Aug 16th, '08, 21:31

This is really a great drama. And funny too!! :P
I could't help crying in ep 4 :cry:

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Aug 22nd, '08, 18:28

EPISODE 6
Hahaha.. I think the next few episodes are gonna be chaotic.
Sakuraba Reika-sensei's true identity's gonna be revealed to the public anytime soon.

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Aug 23rd, '08, 00:07

morai_naki LOL I have just had the weirdest image come to my mind XD
Mabo in a lovely dress XD but probably Kuro Bara will cover for him ;)

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 24th, '08, 16:06

I loved episode 7!
So many Kenji/Erika moments. :wub: Really sweet ending, though it would have been sweeter if I could have understand what half of them were saying at the end.

Not so sure about the next episode though; no Erika or Jun in the preview. :| I thought that maybe ep 7 was the end of Sakuraba Reika but is it next episode?

morai_naki

Post by morai_naki » Aug 24th, '08, 20:05

Ginoru wrote:morai_naki LOL I have just had the weirdest image come to my mind XD
Mabo in a lovely dress XD but probably Kuro Bara will cover for him ;)
LOL LOL LOL
apparently, you're correct. LOL.

Episode 7
Ack. I wasn't able to finish watching the episode.
And i was kinda lost somewhere..
Language barrier just got thicker.
LOL

But..
LOL at Sakuraba Erika and Asst. Kenji.

wilster

Post by wilster » Aug 31st, '08, 16:20

I've just got round to watching the first episode and it is absolutely superb, it is just so gloriously over the top. After the first scene in the school I instantly knew that it was something that I will watch all the way through. It made me cry with laughter more than once.

Tabe Mikako was the best thing in the brilliant Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi, and she shines in this also.

I just hope they can keep up the high standard over the full 10 episodes without it getting repetitive or too annoying.

furransu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by furransu » Aug 31st, '08, 17:04

did ep8 air yesterday?? no yasuken this week? :O

leadfreaky

Post by leadfreaky » Aug 31st, '08, 18:24

furransu wrote:did ep8 air yesterday?? no yasuken this week? :O
I didn't air because of 24h I guess~~

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Sep 12th, '08, 10:10

Just finished watching ep08 - I'm so glad its back.. provided the entertainment that I've missed :)

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Sep 13th, '08, 03:16

It had a nostalgic feel to the episode, didn't it/

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 15th, '08, 05:32

Ep 9:
Haha, totally having YamadaTaro memories when she tried learning English so she could go with Jun to America. Skipped a lot of the episode but the ending was pretty sweet.

Next ep looks to be a good one.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Sep 15th, '08, 05:42

Kitaaaaaaaaa

That's all Imma say. Finaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally.

fleng

Post by fleng » Sep 15th, '08, 14:05

suki kenji desu,..*SEIZURE*!!!!!

fo0d

Post by fo0d » Sep 16th, '08, 11:21

Ryoko! :D

Btw, anyone know where i can get a pair of those glasses Oki Kenji wears?

Ginoru

Post by Ginoru » Sep 17th, '08, 18:29

This is so funny every scane is like turning the page of a real shoujo manga :lol

fleng

Post by fleng » Sep 22nd, '08, 13:01

AHAHAH the last episode was awesome!!!

The table flip at the end was incredible.

Was that the SP ?

Hope to see another SP where he gets a baby/grandchildren for Erika's dad.

This dorama is 5/5 win win win!

vorlon

Post by vorlon » Sep 23rd, '08, 06:46

This was an awesome drama to watch!

toranosuke

Post by toranosuke » Sep 29th, '08, 22:16

Yes, the ending theme is Amagasa by TOKIO, but what's the opening theme?

Is it by any famous artist/band; does it have a title? Does it exist anywhere (an album or single) other than on the show's soundtrack?

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Oct 6th, '08, 12:11

The ending was a bit predictable, but it was an ok series. Sadly Ryoko's portrayal of Erika still did not convince me at the end.

kuma601

Post by kuma601 » Oct 15th, '08, 02:49

Just finished...enjoyable series. It has some lacking areas though overall I was able to forget them and get a good laugh along the way. Tabe Mikako did well here, I was hoping to see more of her ability then in Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi and she carried this role nicely. Matsuoka Masahiro was a howl. Ryoko :wub: Her character was a contrast to Kenji's so it worked for me.

Overall... a fun romantic comedy. :D

Orbity

Post by Orbity » Oct 30th, '08, 12:31

I just finished watching this. I have to say I really enjoyed the lighthearted fun and humor. :D
For pure light entertainment... it's a must see. Very good and worth watching.

My thanks to SBK Fansubs for enabling me to be able to understand it. Thank you SBK Fansubs. :thumleft:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 24th, '10, 04:54

i love the series...

im still on episode 8 and looking forward to the very end of the series. and about the song... no wonder the song style and lyrics sounds so much like shiina ringo's OST from Sakuran, the lyrics was made by her. probably the music too? its such a great melody and makes the whole drama more fun to watch. specially on the more serious parts...

btw here's a link if you want to download the mp3 version for the music.
Amagasa - Tokio mp3
i'm having a hard time downloading from mega upload so i searched somewhere and found this from media fire. if anyone could share the musical version of Amagasa that would be very great! ^_^v

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Oct 4th, '10, 01:28

I stopped watching the show after four of five episodes because it seemed like the same thing each time... I'm thinking of finishing it. For those who kept with it, did it improve? What were your overall impressions of the series?

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Oct 6th, '10, 17:51

Mwulf: My impression was that it was a fluffy, fun, over the top, popcorn rom/com with a pretty specific formula. The formula didn't bother me; and the humor, silly romances, and crazy faces were enough for what I was looking for from the drama. I enjoyed the series all the way through. If the formula wasn't working for you, I don't think you should try to force your way through more of the series. It stays pretty consistant in form throughout iirc, and it sounds like it's probably just not the type of show you enjoy.

I think Orbity nailed it with "pure light entertainment".