[Discussion] Here Is Greenwood ~ Summer 2008

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
ryoko11

[Discussion] Here Is Greenwood ~ Summer 2008

Post by ryoko11 » May 30th, '08, 21:55

I was just looking over the summer Fansub Map, when I saw that Here Is Greenwood by Nasu Yukie is going to have a live action drama starting in July! It's going to be taking over the timeslot that Tokyo Ghost Trip occupied this spring on TOKYO MX . Since I'm a longtime fan of the manga and anime oav, I'm really happy to see the Greenwood boys getting the live action treatment.

From left to right: Tezuka Shinobu (Sato Yuuichi), Kisaragi Shun (Suzuki Hiroki), Hasukawa Kazuya (Izawa Yuuki ), Ikeda Mitsuru (Miura Riki)

Drama Wiki
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Here_is_Greenwood

Official Site:
http://www.greenwood-tv.com/

Doremii has already announce that they will be subbing this one! :cheers: :wub:

Summary:

When Kazuya Hasukawa's older brother Kazuhiro marries Kazuya's first love, Kazuya decides he has to move out to preserve his sanity. After getting into the prestigious Ryokuto Academy, Kazuya is assigned to live in Ryokurin Hall, aka "Greenwood", where all the weirdos, misfits, and lunatics reside. Follow the zany adventures of Kazuya who-- if he didn't have bad luck--would have no luck at all. His roommate Shun, who looks and acts like a girl. Their dorm leader Mitsuru, who is considered the campus ladies' man. And their student council president Shinobu, who probably has the craziest family of them all.

It's a comedy/drama/romance dealing with friendship, family, and coming of age.
Last edited by ryoko11 on Jun 1st, '08, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » May 31st, '08, 12:28

I haven't read the manga, and haven't really heard about this before, but I'm soooo looking forward to seeing this. It sounds really interesting. :)

I wish it was already summer.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » May 31st, '08, 19:43

No way!!! :cheers: :cheers: The Anime OVA series was one of favorites Anime when I started watching Anime. Now a day lot of Manga and Anime borrow ideas from this series. Bunch of cute guys, one even dress and act like a girl. The main heroin is one of those archetype female characters. Where she acts tough on the outside, a little fragile on the inside. Anyway, I hope they can recreate the rain scene in the last episode of the Anime well in the drama.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 1st, '08, 04:54

I haven't read the manga, and haven't really heard about this before, but I'm soooo looking forward to seeing this. It sounds really interesting.

I wish it was already summer.
The original manga was written between 1987-1991 and the 6 episode OVA was released in Japan in '91. It's kinda oldschool, I suppose. It's a quirky, irreverent, slice of life, comedy... kinda a cross between Hana Kimi's Ikemen Paradise and a more serious Azumanga Daioh. Very fun and funny! The manga and anime don't really take themselves too seriously, yet have lots of heart. It's something that just seems right for a summer series. :cheers:
XrayMind wrote:No way!!! :cheers: :cheers: The Anime OVA series was one of favorites Anime when I started watching Anime. Now a day lot of Manga and Anime borrow ideas from this series. Bunch of cute guys, one even dress and act like a girl. The main heroin is one of those archetype female characters. Where she acts tough on the outside, a little fragile on the inside. Anyway, I hope they can recreate the rain scene in the last episode of the Anime well in the drama.

Yay! Another fan! The rain scene is a classic! Miya is one of my favorite tsundere characters; she's not like the over-the-top violent girls that you usually get.

I'm also looking forward to the whole bridge scene. :mrgreen:

Kazuhiro's been cast, and they'll have pictures of him pretty soon. I'm hoping to hear something about Nagisa and Miya next.

Apparently, they're doing a special premiere for 200 Japanese fans with the drama cast. I wonder if Nasu-sensei will be there.

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Jun 1st, '08, 05:31

battlegirlai and myself are really looking forward to this :wub:

I was ecstatic to find that this would be done. I think it will make a wonderful drama.

The cast so far looks great and it makes us happy one of DoReMii's favourite Fuma no Kojiro boys is in it :lol

I really hope they keep with the whole is Shun a guy or girl thing~

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jun 1st, '08, 10:22

yeah, while greenwood wasn't one of my favorites when i was younger, my sister loved it and always had copies of the manga around the house.

the more i thought about it as a drama tho, it just seemed to click in my head. the situations would be fantastic for a drama and a drama would make them a little less over the top...the suspension of reality in the manga was just so overwhelming sometimes, but to be grounded somewhat in reality thru a live action drama will definitely make it very interesting for me ^_^

and yes, it has suzuki and we all know he can be just too girly for words but also kick ass. i actually can't think of an actor who would fit better ^_^

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jun 1st, '08, 10:31

ryoko11 wrote:
The original manga was written between 1987-1991 and the 6 episode OVA was released in Japan in '91. It's kinda oldschool, I suppose. It's a quirky, irreverent, slice of life, comedy... kinda a cross between Hana Kimi's Ikemen Paradise and a more serious Azumanga Daioh. Very fun and funny! The manga and anime don't really take themselves too seriously, yet have lots of heart. It's something that just seems right for a summer series. :cheers:
I did some research and I found the OVA, but since it's kinda old (I guess the drawing style just don't do it for me) and I've already moved on from anime (I was obsessed for 11 years), I decided to pass on it. It's strange, but after I found dramas, I can't watch anime anymore. :scratch:

I'm just thinking, since that one guy is supposed to be really girly (I think the OVA's description said (s)he even wore dresses?), I'm not sure if that guy's gonna pull it through. At least on that picture he doesn't look that girly, but I guess we'll just have to see how much they take from the original story and what they do with it.
Maybe it's just me, but I was really disappointed in HanaKimi, since Horikita Maki didn't really make a good ikemen, she just looked like a girl in men's clothing. (At least in the taiwanese version Ella really looked like a boy, tho a pretty ugly one :))

EDIT:
and yes, it has suzuki and we all know he can be just too girly for words but also kick ass. i actually can't think of an actor who would fit better ^_^
I have no experience on him, but I guess I'll trust you on this, then. :D

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 2nd, '08, 02:11

SSpiegel wrote:
ryoko11 wrote:
I did some research and I found the OVA, but since it's kinda old (I guess the drawing style just don't do it for me) and I've already moved on from anime (I was obsessed for 11 years), I decided to pass on it. It's strange, but after I found dramas, I can't watch anime anymore. :scratch:

Outside Japan, at least, Greenwood has generally been a niche manga/anime. And since it's an older one at that, there are lots of folks who don't know it. No worries. I don't think anybody would have a problem watching the live action without the anime or manga as background anyhow. You should be fine. :-)

I very rarely watch anime since discovering dramas. I seem to have more fun with the live action these days, so maybe it's a fairly common reaction. Every once in a while I'll dust off a series from my collection, but it haven't bought anything new in a couple years now. I'll still look for manga occassionally for series that I like though.
I have no experience on him, but I guess I'll trust you on this, then.
Since I wasn't familiar with any of the cast, I started watching Fuma no Kojiro to see a bit of Suzuki in action. (Series is total crack, so I'm hooked now! :lol ) I can see a lot of Shun in the charactcer of Reira. Suzuki's very good at being girly, and he's got that "happy" factor that Shun has too. I can easily see him in the role.

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Jun 2nd, '08, 02:22

I heard of Here is Greenwood but didn't read it b/c it looked really long lol.
Since there's gonna be a drama for it now I can't wait to watch it XD not to mention smexy guys? (:

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jun 2nd, '08, 07:34

ryoko11 wrote: Since I wasn't familiar with any of the cast, I started watching Fuma no Kojiro to see a bit of Suzuki in action. (Series is total crack, so I'm hooked now! :lol ) I can see a lot of Shun in the charactcer of Reira. Suzuki's very good at being girly, and he's got that "happy" factor that Shun has too. I can easily see him in the role.
yes! he's not so girly that when you think "girl" but definitely girly enough that you wonder a little, you know? i think he will be terrific in the part, ^_^ i'm stupidly happy to know he's getting more drama roles

personally...part of me is hoping they don't do the whole "is/isn't he a girl?" part. or at least i hope they don't spend too much time on it...as proven with princess princess d, guys in dresses are more painful to watch than funny for me.

and yes ^_^ fuma is the crackshow! the story is silly, the acting is not great, but somehow it gels into this wonderfully fun and ridiculous show ^_^

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jun 2nd, '08, 11:52

ryoko11 wrote:I don't think anybody would have a problem watching the live action without the anime or manga as background anyhow. You should be fine. :-)
I think it's actually better if you don't know the original story when you start watching dramas (or as you say, live action). Many people get disappointed when they change stuff and cut off favorite scenes and all that, so you don't really get to appreciate the drama as its own thing. Tho, I have liked, for example, HYD and HanaKimi, even tho they were changed from the original. Actually the only one I was disappointed with was Honey and Clover, the LA was pretty humorless. Hmm.. I kinda went off topic... :)

Anyways, this drama sounds really fun and it doesn't hurt that the main guys look really fine. :)

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 2nd, '08, 17:18

battlegirlai wrote:yes! he's not so girly that when you think "girl" but definitely girly enough that you wonder a little, you know? i think he will be terrific in the part, ^_^ i'm stupidly happy to know he's getting more drama roles

personally...part of me is hoping they don't do the whole "is/isn't he a girl?" part. or at least i hope they don't spend too much time on it...as proven with princess princess d, guys in dresses are more painful to watch than funny for me.

and yes ^_^ fuma is the crackshow! the story is silly, the acting is not great, but somehow it gels into this wonderfully fun and ridiculous show ^_^

I think that's a perfect description of Fuma! I understand the "stupidly happy to know he's getting more drama roles" too. Suziki's got this cute factor about him that is off the charts. He's just so darned endearing!

I didn't realize that was Shindo Gaku in Fuma until I paid attention to the wiki. He's so completely different from Kogoro-sensei! He'd actually make a perfect Kazuhiro in Greenwood, but I'm not sure who they've cast in the role already.

If they go with the "is/isn't he a girl?" bit, I wouldn't expect it to last for more than about 15 minutes of the first episode. Other than that, there's just one memorable interlude of someone in the manga who doesn't know upon first meeting... but neither of those require anything more than that little bit of wondering to work. The dress is only part of the Devilwood sidestory, and that was incorportated as a school festival production for the anime. If they included it, they could keep it like that and make it feel kinda like the HanaKimi beauty pagent bit. *shrug* I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do Devilwood or Cherrywood. The anime didn't even do Cherrywood.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jun 2nd, '08, 18:43

ryoko11 wrote:I think that's a perfect description of Fuma! I understand the "stupidly happy to know he's getting more drama roles" too. Suziki's got this cute factor about him that is off the charts. He's just so darned endearing!

I didn't realize that was Shindo Gaku in Fuma until I paid attention to the wiki. He's so completely different from Kogoro-sensei! He'd actually make a perfect Kazuhiro in Greenwood, but I'm not sure who they've cast in the role already.

If they go with the "is/isn't he a girl?" bit, I wouldn't expect it to last for more than about 15 minutes of the first episode. Other than that, there's just one memorable interlude of someone in the manga who doesn't know upon first meeting... but neither of those require anything more than that little bit of wondering to work. The dress is only part of the Devilwood sidestory, and that was incorportated as a school festival production for the anime. If they included it, they could keep it like that and make it feel kinda like the HanaKimi beauty pagent bit. *shrug* I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do Devilwood or Cherrywood. The anime didn't even do Cherrywood.
i dunno how much fuma you've watched so far...but he just gets better and better and then he kicks serious butt ^_^ i loves me my reira!

i'd absolutely die if they put Gaku in greenwood. i'd take him as any character they want to put him as...actually, Kogoro is far more like how Gaku really is than Ryoma...silly hammy Gaku...if they put Gaku and Suzuki in another drama together, i'd...oy...i'd degenerate into a scary fangirl again (as i was with Fuma...still am)

i dunno how far they will make it into the manga...i don't even think i know how many episodes it will be yet...i don't really mind if they deviate from the manga tho. i'll be so busy fangirling at suzuki that i won't notice...

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 3rd, '08, 02:03

battlegirlai wrote: i dunno how much fuma you've watched so far...but he just gets better and better and then he kicks serious butt ^_^ i loves me my reira!

i'd absolutely die if they put Gaku in greenwood. i'd take him as any character they want to put him as...actually, Kogoro is far more like how Gaku really is than Ryoma...silly hammy Gaku...if they put Gaku and Suzuki in another drama together, i'd...oy...i'd degenerate into a scary fangirl again (as i was with Fuma...still am)

i dunno how far they will make it into the manga...i don't even think i know how many episodes it will be yet...i don't really mind if they deviate from the manga tho. i'll be so busy fangirling at suzuki that i won't notice...

I just finished episode 9 of Fuma. He is kicking serious butt. I love him to bits (as well as the rest of the Fuma boys)! I have to wait for the rest to finish downloading, before I can watch further. I'll be fangirling him with you. :wub:

I tracked down the guy they cast as Hiro, finally. His name is Ohkuchi Kengo, though I don't really know anything about him. Here's his blog:

http://ameblo.jp/ohkuchi-kengo/entry-10101443440.html

Anybody familiar with him? He looks mighty fine.

Here's a few clips with him performing as Aizen Sousuke in the Bleach rock musicals:

Love it when the glasses come off!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqB6PcN9YAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXg1SPQw9pA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vo9bYJIe8g

I think the Greenwood manga gives them tons of leeway if they want to deviate. The story structure is very forgiving on this one. The anime actually made two of their 6 OVA episodes up entirely, but they fit perfectly anyhow. :lol
Last edited by ryoko11 on Jun 3rd, '08, 03:53, edited 2 times in total.

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Jun 3rd, '08, 02:26

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh :O One of my fave manga/ova! Im glad wish it was from Taiwan but none the less I will download it! :thumleft:

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jun 4th, '08, 04:42

they can't make a taiwan version yet...most of the members of fahrenheit already have projects they are working on right now....

and they just can't make a taiwanese manga adaptation of something without them, right? lol

(and before anyone decides to flame me...that was obviously a joke!)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 4th, '08, 05:18

Nuh uh... There is still Joe Cheng.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jun 4th, '08, 05:30

*throws up in the bushes at the idea of Joe Cheng being in Greenwood*

some of the characters are blah, but none are THAT blah...

be kind, puppet :P

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 4th, '08, 06:06

i knew it! from reading the synopsis it felt like this was manga remake.
i would have to compliment the casting of good looking boys here! LOLz... :mrgreen:

Marieluna

Post by Marieluna » Jun 4th, '08, 17:37

lol their lots of great taiwanese actors out their so we can think of anyone else other than Farent :P and Joe Cheng is a good choice too *-* Even Jerry Huang can be an excellent choice :cheers:

koolbr33z3

Post by koolbr33z3 » Jun 4th, '08, 18:57

OMG! This was my favorite series back in the day. I can't believe their making a live-action drama! Cool beans! I'm looking forward to it!

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Jun 10th, '08, 10:01

The official webbie has been updated with many MANY cast members.

http://www.greenwood-tv.com/ for quick reference.

Gotta love Suzuki's wig :lol It's pretty special *giggles*

edit: There are some cute pics on the greenwood blog too :D
Last edited by Resie on Jun 10th, '08, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jun 10th, '08, 10:20

its horrible in the cast pic...but in the blog pictures, it looks a bit better...not so plastered down and fake looking ......

well ok, NOTHING will stop it from looking fake...but it looks less fake in the blog pictures

he's so adorable! it does make me miss that god awful wig from the gakuen heaven butai

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 10th, '08, 17:05

Hooray for all the new pictures!

LOL That wig is special. Though the strawberry-blonde is a nice interpretation of Shun's very pink hair from the manga/anime. I agree that the wig looks much better in the blog pictures, but I do love this cast picture for some reason...
Maybe that angle hides some of the plastered down effect from the uniform ones... or it's just that Hiroki's so darned cute there! It's very Shun-like at any rate. And the group picture with him on the blog was terrific.

I prefer some of the pictures of Yukari Hukui (actress playing Sumire-chan) on her blog. That first still of her on the Greenwood site doesn't do her justice.

Yukari's blog:
http://ameblo.jp/yukari-hukui/

Not surprised to see Fujikake and Watanabe so high up in the cast photos section. LOL
This timeslot seems to be rather devoted to shounen-ai, afterall. :mrgreen:
Nice to see Sekiguchi, Aoki, and Tochizawa on there. Gonna have to see Furusawa in action. *chuckle*

The latest news blurb was pretty awesome for the anime fans! According to the official site Iwata Mitsuo, who voiced Mitsuru in the OVA, is going to be involved in this production. I think they said he'd be doing narration for the drama. That man is pure win! :wub:

morimoli

Post by morimoli » Jun 10th, '08, 20:23

I will definitely be watching this!!
SSpiegel wrote:

I
I have also found myself not being as interested in anime since I started watching dramas, it's so strange because I loved anime so much !!

jazky2002

Post by jazky2002 » Jun 14th, '08, 11:19

is this manga a shounen-ai ... i've only read the first volume so far...

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jun 24th, '08, 02:15

This drama im so watching. i wanted to read the manga but i couldn't read it...
And you know the cast loos so adorable so i so goign to see this..... and this will eb the only drama that i might have any sense of understanding without subs hahahaha with a hosipital drama and a dective one..... i have alot of studing to do.. hahaa

I wish i chould watch this live but TOkyo MX is not on my program.......
But i can't wait!!!

And there going to be subs!!!! w00t

and this looks liek goign be a shonen ai drama.... and if it is.. i'll be happy i wish there were more shonen-ai dramas.. hahaha....
Or more all boy school dorm dramas.. with part that might seem shonen-ai ish but not really.....

More cross dressing dramas too..

SOOOOOOO... cant wait!!

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jun 24th, '08, 04:19

it won't be shounen ai at all (i hope to god)...if it is, it will be only jokingly referred to. if i remember correctly, there was no shounen ai in the manga at all.

the main character is in love with his brothers wife and the rest of the guys are just goofs

i hope to god they don't try to make it shounen ai

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Jun 24th, '08, 05:27

no i mean liek the jokingly shonen ai.. not a full flege love thing...
Kinda like a scene where everyone is joking about how Shun looks like a girl and jokingly act gay toward him.... i have never seen or read the manga/ anime so i have a wild imagineation on whats going to happen...
But still it IS an all boys dorm so there going to be some jokes... or there should.. it looks like it going to be a comedy... hahaha....Just by looking at the main site...

I'm so excited for it... don't know whats goign to happen...

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jun 25th, '08, 17:10

There was no shounen-ai involving the main characters. Just a few jokes from the mangaka--things like noobs not knowing Shun was a guy or Hiro playing into the "male nurse" stigma just to tick off his brother. There was one manga sidestory with shounen-ai about two minor characters, but that was handled with comedy too (think Nakatsu in HanaKimi). Even Kazuya's falling in love with his brother's wife is tackled with comedy, so that's all in keeping with the mood of Greenwood. :lol

I've been wondering lately if they might up the ties to the Summer Olympics a little and pad out the Dr. Death story since this is the year for the games. After rereading the manga recently, I remembered just how many potential stories they have availble to them. I can see from the casting alone a couple that seem likely to pop up, but really the series has me completely guessing.

There are still three female characters that I'm waiting to see something about on the site, and I'd be completely shocked if none of those three appeared. :scratch:

Love the racing picture on the main site now. It reminds me of this cover:

Looks like they were doing an homage to it with the positions and similar posing of the main guys. Okay, that sorta thing gives me warm fuzzies as a fan. :wub:

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jun 28th, '08, 02:57

It's Great that Miura Riki Plays in an new drama, last year He played the Hero Fukami Gou/Gekiviolet in Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger

Anyone interested? these are some clips from him

violomana

Post by violomana » Jun 29th, '08, 19:40

YEEEEEES! This was also one of my first animes, and then I read the manga. It's so great they're picking up an old series, it's really a good all-around classic. And it fits the drama niche so nicely! I'm really looking forward to it. ^^

Although I get the feeling it might be like the colorful zaniness that they applied to Hana Kimi (which gave me wtf moments since that wasn't in the manga)... :blink:

Which isn't entirely a bad thing, but I hope they keep that nonchalant air about it that came off so well in the OVA. I think that's the center of Greenwood's humor: how the absurdity is treated as normal everyday life.
ryoko11 wrote:I tracked down the guy they cast as Hiro, finally. His name is Ohkuchi Kengo, though I don't really know anything about him. Here's his blog:

http://ameblo.jp/ohkuchi-kengo/entry-10101443440.html

Anybody familiar with him? He looks mighty fine.

Here's a few clips with him performing as Aizen Sousuke in the Bleach rock musicals:

Love it when the glasses come off!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqB6PcN9YAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXg1SPQw9pA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vo9bYJIe8g
He also plays the role of Captain Tezuka in one of The Prince of Tennis musicals. I love how deep his voice is, and he makes a great Aizen. He is MOST awesome. I'm really excited to see him in a drama. :lol:

Shinda-chan

Post by Shinda-chan » Jun 30th, '08, 01:09

XD omk! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! ... however, to all those who think suzuki is wearing a wig... you are wrong! ^o^ actually, he just has extensions... for the most part, it's his real hair!! *fawns over pics*

littlearashi

Post by littlearashi » Jul 3rd, '08, 16:28

The first episode was on the 2nd right?! Did anyone see it, how was it?

I'm hyped to get to see it!

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jul 3rd, '08, 16:35

sarita saw it...i was in the irc channel with her when she was watching it...she made me cry in envy.

she said it was really weird and funny. and that reira was adorable (no shock there)

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Jul 4th, '08, 01:41

To tide everyone over...

Greenwood Op Clip

Greenwood ED Clip

:wub:

Suzuki looks way too adorable :lol

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 4th, '08, 04:55

Lol Miura looks Weird, in gekiranger he looked way to seriouse.

Shinda-chan

Post by Shinda-chan » Jul 5th, '08, 05:44

omk!!!!!! Resie!!! you are awesome!!!! XD we all are praising you right now!!!! (we're all also raping the internet in search of the kwg ep!! ^o^)

zsuness

Post by zsuness » Jul 5th, '08, 10:21

Shinda-chan wrote: (we're all also raping the internet in search of the kwg ep!! ^o^)
I did that and got to this thread, lol. Has anyone found a downloadable version of the pilot ep?

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 5th, '08, 14:35

lol zsu-chan! same thing here!! XD but i'm not in the mood for looking around too much... ><'

OT: your miyavi icons so rock XD

zsuness

Post by zsuness » Jul 5th, '08, 16:10

:whistling: me neither.. thus, I'm hoping it'll surface here soon... and that it worths the anticipation.

<3

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 5th, '08, 16:46

well, DoReMii announced they're gonna sub it. if they find it, it'll surely pop up somewhere, no ? ^__^;; *fingers crossed*

zsuness

Post by zsuness » Jul 5th, '08, 16:54

Oh, you're right, I forgot. Well, I'm gonna wait patiently.. it's not like there's nothing else to watch. ;p

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 5th, '08, 16:57

*nod*nod* i have a feeling i won't get much done this summer.. maybe just subs XD (i feel we hogged the thread XD)

honeatcha

Post by honeatcha » Jul 7th, '08, 05:07

I am so looking forward to this drama. Yuri? Yaoi? Shoujo-ai? Shounen-ai? I don't really care. LOL (though sometimes I tend not to watch yaoi anime series).

@Resie - Thanks for clips!

_Nina_

Post by _Nina_ » Jul 7th, '08, 05:52

ummm this is not Yaoi,
Just because it's all boys and reira have long hair doesn't make it Yaoi
Last edited by _Nina_ on Jul 14th, '08, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jul 7th, '08, 05:59

yup, its not yaoi, its not shounen ai (tho there are occasional jokes, but not enough to even remotely qualify it), its not yuri (since there are really only a smattering of girls in the series), and not shoujo-ai either...

its just highschool comedy. hopefully with very little angst.

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 8th, '08, 07:59

So i've just watch episode 1 on veoh. and i liked it.
LOL they said that Kisaragi Shun was an real girl, and later Kazuya found out he wasn't he became angry and punched ikeda the dorm head in the face gotta love Miura's Character even though he's an jerk, i lol'd at suzuki being girly
Last edited by TsubasaDragon on Jul 8th, '08, 08:03, edited 1 time in total.

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 8th, '08, 08:00

WHAT?! why is it on veoh and not here? >__> is it good quality? is anybody volunteering to DL it and up here on DA? *cute puppy eyes*
Last edited by suketeru on Jul 8th, '08, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 8th, '08, 08:03

pretty good imo.
Last edited by TsubasaDragon on Jul 8th, '08, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 8th, '08, 08:04

could you please post the veoh link (without the http://www part) ? for some reason i can only find the anime ^_^;;

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 8th, '08, 08:06

veoh.com/videos/v14829205FCtDEMdA

you mean like this?

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 8th, '08, 08:07

yep. thanx ^__^ (can never be too careful ^_^;;)

TsubasaDragon

Post by TsubasaDragon » Jul 8th, '08, 08:12

well enjoy watching it.

violomana

Post by violomana » Jul 8th, '08, 17:20

Wow, it's on Veoh? Thanks for the link! :D
Hopefully there's a HQ file out there somewhere.... *crosses fingers*

suketeru

Post by suketeru » Jul 8th, '08, 18:14

i haven't watced yet but, it's 25 minutes long? i thought that was weird ^_^;

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jul 8th, '08, 18:42

not so weird..all the shows in that timeslot on that channel are half hour...fuma, rhplus, tokyo ghost trip, etc...many late night dramas are only half an hour.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 9th, '08, 20:13

I'm so happy that the torrent is up now! I kept checking back everyday since it first aired.

Anyhow, I loved the first episode! It did a great job adapting the comic/anime, and it was so close anyone familiar with those could follow it pretty easily. The locations looked exactly like the facades in the manga/anime even. The changes they did make were good and worked very well. The actors really impressed me too with the way the captured the personalities of the characters.

Mitsuru was great, and I loved all of his evil grinning. They had so many serious looking promo pics of him; it was a relief to see just how impish he can be. Furusawa didn't look as old as his promo pics (though he still looked suitably older). And his intro was laugh out loud funny for me. His bike was even bigger than expected, and he gets a big thumbs up. As expected Suzuki nailed Shun's character, and Ohkuchi made a solid Hiro. Kazuya was the right mix of comicly highstrung and naieve, and Shinobu was understated and cool.

My mother and I watched it together, and she really enjoyed it too. (She's a fan of the anime.)

All in all, I'm one totally satisfied fangirl. Can't wait for ep 2! :wub:

Shinda-chan

Post by Shinda-chan » Jul 11th, '08, 05:16

does anyone know if doremii will be subbing the KWG special???

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jul 11th, '08, 05:31

i wasn't aware there was a special, but if you point it out to me where i can get it, we will see what we can do ^_^

Shinda-chan

Post by Shinda-chan » Jul 11th, '08, 13:59

the special i found in the same place as the KWG ep (on veoh)...

veoh.com/videos/v14788621ThtpzDXW?rank=6&order=mr&c=greenwood

"Here is Green Wood #0"

(they are all so cute behind scenes!! XD)

battlegirlai

Post by battlegirlai » Jul 11th, '08, 18:23

i shall get it and check it out then!

thank you for telling me about this! ^_^

by the way! if there are any other japanese speakers out there who'd like to help with the translating of greenwood, let me know ^_^ we are still looking for extra translators to help out to keep it running quickly! especially if we want to sub the special. specials like that always take more time to translate because of everything that goes on.

Shinda-chan

Post by Shinda-chan » Jul 23rd, '08, 23:09

The stuff on this site looks awesome!! (http://www.garupara.jp/munekyun/mune_green.html) Can someone translate? ^,^ *sorry for the selfish request*

sPark*

Post by sPark* » Jul 26th, '08, 19:16

hey.
is anyone still watching this?
i watched the first episode and thought it was okay.
but i havent watched 2-3 yet.
wondering if it's worth it.

Shinda-chan

Post by Shinda-chan » Jul 28th, '08, 01:03

sPark* ... I am way loving this series so far!! But... I think honey7all stopped uploading eps (not sure)... If that's the case, maybe you should wait a while before picking it up again (that way, when you do start back on KWG, all the eps might be out! ^o^

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Jul 30th, '08, 20:59

I'm still watching too and having a good time with this one. It's one of my feel-good summer comedies to offset the more serious stuff I'm also watching. :mrgreen: I think some folks are waiting for the subs rather than watching the raws, so not everyone has even had the chance to watch the first ep in that case.

_Nina_

Post by _Nina_ » Aug 6th, '08, 06:42

ep 4 is really funny <33333
It's definitely worth watching.

we are working hard on releasing this <3

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Aug 7th, '08, 04:24

No worries on the subs. I know they'll be great, and they're worth waiting for.

I like how they're developing all the boys so far. The likeness between Kazuya and Mitsuru came out really well in Ep. 4. And the groundwork being laid for the other guys' backgrounds/families has really been paced nicely for me. While the manga has a totally sketchy timeline, the drama seems to be working hard at making a real chronology and the changes in where they've put some of these stories makes sense to me. Ep 4 was a pretty funny one, and it just had that feel good vibe about it.
Originally I figured episode 4 would introduce Reina, since that story was Reina's intro in the manga, and concentrate on both Kazuya's likeness to Mitsuru and Shun's family. I like the curve they threw by spending some time on Shinobu's family and giving everyone a little development instead. It was a smart move since Shinobu's family is important in the next few episodes that they're doing.

The interactions with Noriko felt right. It's always been one of my favorite dynamics in the books, despite being a fairly minor one overall. I like how they were able to lay out a rather complicated relationship in something like a minute's worth of footage and allude to the core issues in the Tezuka family.

The stuff with the boys trying to beat the heat, and the loose snake, and the ghost story were all funny. I like the touches of Furisawa and Yuuko, who are pretty cute together so far. Fujikake and Watanabe gave me a good LOL too in their very brief appearance.
I think they've captured the atmosphere of the dorm with all the hijinks as well as the relationships between the characters really well. I still have times when I think Sumire isn't quite pretty enough, but that's a minor gripe compared to all the things I'm enjoying.

I loved episode 5 as well. And I'm pretty much on pins and needles waiting for episode 6. :D I have fun looking forward to this one every week.
Last edited by ryoko11 on Aug 14th, '08, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.

anjenette

Post by anjenette » Aug 11th, '08, 14:17

I just finished watching episode 1.. It's nice.. At fist I was hesitant to download this one 'coz all the actors here are unknown to me.. lol.. I rarely watch dramas without Johnny's in it.. My first drama without JE guys is RHPlus..

I would just like to ask.. is anyone releasing Softsubs? 'caus Doremii is only releasing hardsubs right? I just wanted to know because I'm planning on downloading the raws.. thanks! :D

Kivaz

Post by Kivaz » Aug 11th, '08, 23:11

Also just watched the first episode.
It was an ok episode, but too me it really seems to be too much aimed at girls.
As being a boy, I would have rather seen more female characters to the main cast.
Probably not going to keep following it.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Aug 13th, '08, 18:14

Kivaz wrote:Also just watched the first episode.
It was an ok episode, but too me it really seems to be too much aimed at girls.
As being a boy, I would have rather seen more female characters to the main cast.
Probably not going to keep following it.
Well, it is based on a shoujo manga and set in a boy's dorm, so there isn't going to be a huge distribution of females in the cast. :lol There are more females in the series than you see in the first episode though. In six episodes, we have so far...

Sumire
Mitsuru's recurring fangirls
Yuuko
Noriko
Nagisa

And all of them appear in multiple episodes.

I'm not sure if Reiko will appear, though I'd love to see her. Miya should appear towards the end, and bring some more females with her storyline. Can't guarantee it, but it looks likely that they'll progress through the entire story with the latest developments.
I mean, they've foreshadowed Mitsuru's delinquent Junior High life... which connects to Miya. Plus, they seem to be resolving more of Kazuya and Hiro's problems with episode 7. That should leave Christmas break open for the Miya arc instead of having to devote it entirely to Kazuya finally going home for a visit.

But you never know what they might have planned.

@anjenette

The only group I know of doing softsubs on Greenwood is C.H.L.O.E. Project. You have to join their LJ community to see the sub links:

http://community.livejournal.com/chloep ... /2613.html

Since the files are so small, I'm downloading the DoReMi subs and the raws. :wink:
Last edited by ryoko11 on Aug 14th, '08, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

anjenette

Post by anjenette » Aug 14th, '08, 11:01

Thanks! I saw it a while ago.. though it was on the other CHLOE livejournal community... :D

You mean you're downloading both versions? :O

I can't finish downloading ep2 since no one is seeding it anymore.. :unsure: :cry:

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Aug 14th, '08, 19:07

Even downloading both versions, 2 episodes of Greenwood take up less space than one episode of any other series that I'm watching this season. Otherwise I'd normally erase the raw when the hardsub comes out.

I restarted my episode 2 task, so hopefully it can help. :D

anjenette

Post by anjenette » Aug 15th, '08, 10:12

thanks!! that can really help. :D

Is the manga version nice?

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Aug 30th, '08, 03:16

The manga version is lovely too. In fact, this drama follows it pretty darned closely when you get down to it. Some things have different orders, and some crazy adventures wouldn't fit. (There are tons of them afterall!) But it's really easy to follow the series just from knowing the manga, and it seems like there are lots of references in the series that are aimed at manga readers and anime watchers. They seem to put lots of thought into the details in lots of ways here though.

Episode 8 turned out pretty cute. Great character development for Hasukawa, so we can see how much he's grown after his first year at Greenwood... and how much he's stayed the same too. :whistling: And it left off at a point I'm extremely excited about.
Hooray, for the introduction of Miya! It looks like they're giving themselves plenty of time so nothing has to be rushed. She's sure got the attitude down. :lol

Doremii has the hardsub for episode 2 available, btw. I'm watching it now. :D