Worst J-drama Ever! (*spoilers*)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Dir.en.Rei

Post by Dir.en.Rei » Aug 3rd, '08, 04:50

don't wanna drop any names but to whine about actors being so two-dimensional is pretty lame. a substantial number of dramas aired are adaptations of manga, right? and the way the networks seem to be dishing out different dramas every season is a substantial feat to accompolish successfully. its no wonder why a lot of these actors are typecast

let's not forget the fandom of a lot of these actors too, which keeps this industry alive.

boxxx

Post by boxxx » Aug 4th, '08, 19:13

sadly, i think my least favourite dramas were hitonatsu no papa e AND 101st marriage proposal. AND itazura na kiss. AND the 90'sish drama about the guy who falls in love with the OL in his office then cheats on her with his ex, which just so happens to be his brothers fiancee who is moving to China, and they are all weird. i hated that drama. its really famous, though, and apparently really popular but i thought it was the most rediculous thing ever.

boxxx

Post by boxxx » Aug 4th, '08, 19:15

i think its called either love generation or love revolution, but more likely love generation. i hated it so much i forgot the name, obviously X]

kusaina

Post by kusaina » Aug 4th, '08, 19:29

last friends had a really strong start and then it went into a mild down hill but it is a very good drama

one of the worst fr me was muri na renai

there were some other really bad drama , but i they were so bad that i can not remember

poonk
United States of America

Post by poonk » Aug 6th, '08, 01:13

I'd like to add a series to my list: Pride. I just finished it, so it's very fresh in my memory, hence my strong feelings: I absolutely hate Aki, the heroine in this drama (I think it might be the actress Takeuchi Yuko-- of the 3 dramas I've seen her in, Egao no Hosoku, Lunch Queen, and now this, I felt she was the weakest link in all of them).
Anyway, Aki's offenses include:
First, she waits every week on a bridge for a guy who left her behind 2 years ago (and who has not contacted her at all the whole time)-- lame. Lamer still, though, she ditches Halu when said-boyfriend magically reappears out of nowhere. Then, lamest of all, even after the boyfriend physically abuses her in a jealous fit, she still stands by him, planning to marry him to help get Halu out of trouble-- and in the end, it's the jerk-boyfriend whose conscience will not let him go through with it, so ultimately Aki never really stood up for herself, made any of her own decisions, etc.
By the end of this drama I was willing to push her off that stupid bridge myself.

Anyway, sorry if this is anyone's favorite drama ever (although it's beyond me how it could be, KimuTaku or not) but I just finished it and now I want my 11 hours back (no, no, I brought it on myself for having to finish [almost everything] that I start).

On the plus side though, at least Yamato (Sakaguchi Kenji) the goalie was cute.
Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. *phew* This was disappointing-- I need to find something new & awesome to watch now.

ryoko11

Post by ryoko11 » Aug 6th, '08, 18:48

poonk wrote:I'd like to add a series to my list: Pride. I just finished it, so it's very fresh in my memory, hence my strong feelings: I absolutely hate Aki, the heroine in this drama (I think it might be the actress Takeuchi Yuko-- of the 3 dramas I've seen her in, Egao no Hosoku, Lunch Queen, and now this, I felt she was the weakest link in all of them).
First, she waits every week on a bridge for a guy who left her behind 2 years ago (and who has not contacted her at all the whole time)-- lame. Lamer still, though, she ditches Halu when said-boyfriend magically reappears out of nowhere. Then, lamest of all, even after the boyfriend physically abuses her in a jealous fit, she still stands by him, planning to marry him to help get Halu out of trouble-- and in the end, it's the jerk-boyfriend whose conscience will not let him go through with it, so ultimately Aki never really stood up for herself, made any of her own decisions, etc.
By the end of this drama I was willing to push her off that stupid bridge myself.

Anyway, sorry if this is anyone's favorite drama ever (although it's beyond me how it could be, KimuTaku or not) but I just finished it and now I want my 11 hours back (no, no, I brought it on myself for having to finish [almost everything] that I start).

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. *phew* This was disappointing-- I need to find something new & awesome to watch now.

Poonk, you sound almost exactly like I did when I finished Pride! I think Aki is just vile too. I suggested that they should all have beaten her to death with the hockey sticks at the end.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » Aug 7th, '08, 06:51

Aki's ailment is one she shares with a lot of females in Japanese entertainment (and virtually all anime girls) - utter inability to act like an intelligent, independent human being.

It's good to know first-hand that not all Japanese women are like that, but that doesn't make their representation in the media any less vile.

hanapyupyu

Post by hanapyupyu » Aug 7th, '08, 09:15

ryoko11 wrote:
poonk wrote:I'd like to add a series to my list: Pride. I just finished it, so it's very fresh in my memory, hence my strong feelings: I absolutely hate Aki, the heroine in this drama (I think it might be the actress Takeuchi Yuko-- of the 3 dramas I've seen her in, Egao no Hosoku, Lunch Queen, and now this, I felt she was the weakest link in all of them).

Poonk, you sound almost exactly like I did when I finished Pride! I think Aki is just vile too. I suggested that they should all have beaten her to death with the hockey sticks at the end.
Let me join in the 'I-want-to-slap-Aki-upside-the-head' crowd. Don't know why people keep raving on and on about Pride and the pairing of Kimutaku and Takeuchi Yuko. Their relationship in the drama just rubbed me the wrong way, as did Matsu Takako and Kimutaku in Love Generation. Something I just didn't like about the dynamic between these couples.

mr_dreamboy

Pride

Post by mr_dreamboy » Aug 7th, '08, 09:21

common pride wasn't the worst drama, i mean i can think of 10 other ones that are horrible; desha otoko[/b](not the movie) the drama was unbearable i mean jebus... no one is that much of a loser,slow dance(no story),hotaru no hikari(corny), first kiss was boring as hell - the storyline was lame but don't get me wrong Inoue Mao is sexy, Attention Please was boring as hell it had no point and just went on and on and on, AND THEN WORST OF ALL was liar game, i mean the finale was 2-3 hours long and it did a revisit on the episodes before the final for 2 hours and finally went to the conclusion... i am officially declaring LIAR GAME to be the worst drama ever made! :argue: [/u]

sarah117

Re: Pride

Post by sarah117 » Aug 8th, '08, 01:47

mr_dreamboy wrote:i am officially declaring LIAR GAME to be the worst drama ever made! :argue:
i love Liar Game :lol :lol
it has an interesting theme and storyline. a very twist-brain drama.. :roll
poonk wrote:I absolutely hate Aki, the heroine in this drama (I think it might be the actress Takeuchi Yuko-- of the 3 dramas I've seen her in, Egao no Hosoku, Lunch Queen, and now this, I felt she was the weakest link in all of them).
yes, Aki is a bit lame for me, but Takeuchi Yuko is definitely one of my fav actress!! :P

sleepyzzz

Post by sleepyzzz » Aug 9th, '08, 07:38

sarah117!! I recognise you from the Last Friends thread! haha Good to see a familiar face!

Btw, I also really enjoyed Liar Game! I thought it was fresh and quite different from all the usual dramas. I guess it helped the fact that I accidentally came to watch it and had little expectations to start with. Akiyama-san!! ahaha THough I must say that his hair looked quite horrible...

As for Pride, I never finished watching it - started like an episode and lost interest.

poonk: You should check out Bara no nai Hanaya - its got Takeuchi Yuko again in it. Although her character is not best I've seen, I don't think it's half as bad as the one in Pride. Plus, the overall drama was pretty damn good (assuming you like the heart warming doki doki kind of dramas)!

Mito Koumon

Post by Mito Koumon » Aug 12th, '08, 21:35

foxtoast wrote: I'm surprised how many people dislike Sumire's character in Kimi wa Petto. I think she's immediately identifiable and sympathetic to unmarried women in professional fields. (Not that you're necessarily like her, but that you understand exactly where she's coming from and how hard it is for someone like her who has trouble being open with her feelings.) I really loved the drama because of that, anyway. It's one of my all-time favorites.
I totally agree with you. Sumire's character catches your attention if you can somehow relate to what her life is. She reminded me of someone I know.
michca wrote: But Galileo and Yahsa as some of the worst?!?! Galileo was just good fun and I liked the chemistry between the two, it was so sweet. Yasha - well come on now, two Ito Hideaki's, both superior humans, one a bit too in love with the other....right there you have all the elements of a great, racy drama, and I liked how they did the ending. Watch it again, because it deserves another chance. :thumright:
I personally wouldn't rate Galileo among the worst, even if I couldn't help but think of it as a weaker Trick. As for Yasha, well, I'm willing to give it another chance but I'm not sure I'll be able to overcome the pretentious fake technology thing that put me off the first time. Not to mention the twins.

johnjeon

Post by johnjeon » Aug 13th, '08, 13:44

I've watched over a hundred Japanese TV series and, for me, nothing I've seen has been as horrible as "Five". Its attempt to be edgy was
just heartless violence against its characters. There was never any point in getting
attached to any of the leads since they would most likely be killed off for no other reason than to shock.

On another note and just to give an obviously minority view, I really hated GTO.
Perhaps part of my problem had to do with expectations. The reviews were so glowing I
expected a masterpiece but to me it should have been WTO (Worst Teacher O).
I would never let this guy anywhere near a classroom. His actions were often negligent and harmful to his students.
I can enjoy cartoonish acting but Sorimachi Takashi's buffoonery just didn't appeal to me. His one note performance got old
for me very quickly. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 14th, '08, 01:06

johnjeon wrote:I can enjoy cartoonish acting but Sorimachi Takashi's buffoonery just didn't appeal to me.
"Buffoonery."

LOL. :lol :lol :lol

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Aug 14th, '08, 02:40

I would never let this guy anywhere near a classroom. His actions were often negligent and harmful to his students.

He was an ex-biker gang leader. He was hired to teach a class of delinquents. It's called tough love.

Did he reform the class? Yes he did.

I loved GTO. It's a classic.

Yoshiko

Post by Yoshiko » Aug 14th, '08, 12:32

My worst ever J-drama is:
5. Dragon Zakura - little funny but not reality :pale:
4. Densha Otoko - stupid, pervert :glare:
3. Ima Ai Ni Yukimosu - boring :|
2. Mukodono - I like Nagase but this drama is boring, only talk, non action. ( I like Nagase in old drama "Love and Eros" ... NICE.... ) :scratch:
1. Love complex - I like Sorimachi but this the worst J-drama ever and the worst drama with Sorimachi :crazy: ( Cheap love, hotman it's better in this old dramas)

and Honey & Clover Movie ----> H O R R I B L E !!!!! :cussing:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
GTO, Gokusen and waterboys it's cool drama, I loved :thumright:

johnjeon

Post by johnjeon » Aug 14th, '08, 12:38

Did he reform the class? Yes he did.

A cartoon character reforms a cartoon class.

When a student is injured to the point of unconsciousness does this "great" teacher
call an ambulance or rush him to a hospital. No. He spends what seems like hours
searching for a lost necklace first. Not someone I would want watching my kid.

Hey, there's no right or wrong to liking a TV show. I'm glad so many people enjoyed it;
it just didn't work for me.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Aug 14th, '08, 18:27

Well, GTO was based off of the manga, so yeah, he was cartoony. I didn't take what he did seriously, because, hey, it was a drama to enjoy that was based off of a manga -- in which he was far worst in. *shrugs* But as you said, to his and her own.

But you know, if it wasn't for stuff like GTO, there wouldn't be Gokusen. So GTO did something right :P

Charismaho

Post by Charismaho » Aug 18th, '08, 16:11

- Dragon Zakura: I watched it because it seems like everybody loves this drama. I also gave it a shot because of Nagasawa Masami. I ended up forcing myself to watch the entire series, hoping that it would get better towards the end. Wow that was terrible. I guess I'm just not into school dramas.

- Gokusen: I know everybody is going to bash me for saying this, but I had to force myself to watch this entire series as well and didn't enjoy it one bit. I was trying to figure out what was so great about it. Again, I think I'm not into school dramas.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Aug 18th, '08, 19:22

Charismaho wrote:- Gokusen: I know everybody is going to bash me for saying this, but I had to force myself to watch this entire series as well and didn't enjoy it one bit. I was trying to figure out what was so great about it. Again, I think I'm not into school dramas.
The first one was pretty good, but they just recycled the same story with different JE boys in the two sequels... What a joke.

Of course, they'll keep making sequels since the ratings are high... Bleah.

Ruka707

Post by Ruka707 » Aug 18th, '08, 20:09

GachiBaka... boring like hell :glare:
(I still couldn't finish it, but I promised my friend, that I'll write a review about it >.<)

TTpride11

Post by TTpride11 » Aug 18th, '08, 20:36

bmwracer wrote:
Charismaho wrote:- Gokusen: I know everybody is going to bash me for saying this, but I had to force myself to watch this entire series as well and didn't enjoy it one bit. I was trying to figure out what was so great about it. Again, I think I'm not into school dramas.
The first one was pretty good, but they just recycled the same story with different JE boys in the two sequels... What a joke.

Of course, they'll keep making sequels since the ratings are high... Bleah.
I kinda have to agree with Charismaho, when I first got into Jdrama's, one of everyone's top recommendations was Gokusen, and of course I had to watch it because the cast it starred. I watched through 1 & 2 and I had to say I wasn't impressed with even 1, I didn't think it was terrible, but I did have to force myself to watch it. For some reason though... I kinda enjoyed season 3, although I think the ending could have been alot better. =\. Not sure why myself, the story of course in 3 is definetly nearly the same, except the twist at the beginning that it starts off with 2 type 'leaders'. ;;. Well to each his own I guess, that's my 2 cents.

Akareevex

Post by Akareevex » Aug 20th, '08, 23:07

Ruka707 wrote:GachiBaka... boring like hell :glare:
(I still couldn't finish it, but I promised my friend, that I'll write a review about it >.<)
I agree. I'm a real sucker for school dramas, but this one I could barely watch two episodes. >.<;;

m.f.e.o

Post by m.f.e.o » Aug 24th, '08, 04:27

Here's my black list:
- Yan Papa:Cheesy! Ew. Damn boring, dead stupid with a whole bunch of unrealistic characters. Hate that Mr-nice-guy stepfather the most.
- Big Money: Sorry I didn't study banking or money. That's why I didn't get this drama at all.
- Mukodono: no way I ever rewatch it again. That Sakuraba Yuichiro gets on my nerves too much. If only he had lowered his voice and stoped being a baka.
==> After these three dramas, I've come to conclusion that I should always avoid Nagase Tomoya's dramas (except for MBMH, and this is the only exception)
- Gokusen 1,2 (and maybe 3): I've always been a fan of MatsuJun and Kame, that's the only reason why I forced myself watching these stupid dramas. That damn teacher-cum-gangster is so anoying with her nosy and noisy attitude. I hate her irritating lecture towards her students. So hypocrite and too cheesy. That's why I don't even care about the 3rd season.
Last edited by m.f.e.o on Aug 24th, '08, 05:16, edited 1 time in total.

Phillykat

Post by Phillykat » Aug 24th, '08, 04:50

I've managed to fight threw all the dramas I've started but 2. They are Suishi Oji, oh my God it bored me to tears, and Binbo Dashi. I love Oguri Shun but that character angered me so much I just couldn't take it.

Oh, and Gokusen 3! There's not enough Fight-o Oh in the world to make that show good.
Last edited by Phillykat on Aug 24th, '08, 05:32, edited 1 time in total.

m.f.e.o

Post by m.f.e.o » Aug 24th, '08, 05:25

Continue my list:
- Long love letter: Just watch for Kubozuka Yosuke.
- Yukan club: OK, there are things to laugh for but after all it's just a bunch of deliquents who want to do some crazy things out of boredness. Hate that billionare's daughter the most because she's so selfish. Coundn't believe she kidnaps her just for fun, and doesn't care about her parents' feelings at all.
- Stand up: Too pervertic. But the actors are OK.

Aelif

Post by Aelif » Aug 25th, '08, 00:54

Gachibaka! wasn't that bad, really.. at least, not when you put it up against dramas in general. For a high school drama it was kind of lame, though.

Ruri no Shima and Sailor fuku to Kikanjuu 2006 were much more difficult for me to sit through. I think it's mainly because, as Groink said, the writing seemed to fall flat at the end.

Densha Otoko was good, in my view, because of the side stories of all the support characters. I really wanted to slap some backbone into Yamada sometimes.. :)

echizenruth

Post by echizenruth » Aug 26th, '08, 05:47

well i must say...
BOYS ESTE ><

HUFFF i dont get what it tried to say T T

Mito Koumon

Post by Mito Koumon » Aug 26th, '08, 16:39

m.f.e.o wrote: ==> After these three dramas, I've come to conclusion that I should always avoid Nagase Tomoya's dramas (except for MBMH, and this is the only exception)
Really??!! Have you given a try to all of them?
I found Tiger & Dragon, IWGP and Utahime quite good (each in its category).
Unless I strongly dislike an actor (which doesn't seem to be the case with you and Nagase, since you liked MBMH), I wouldn't blindly trust - or mistrust - an actor's choice of scripts. Moreover, I imagine these choices are not always motivated by taste only...
You never know, Nagase could end up in a another drama you'll like!
(I tend to see things on the positive side :D )

kikurazz

Post by kikurazz » Sep 10th, '08, 03:11

Phillykat wrote:I've managed to fight threw all the dramas I've started but 2. They are Suishi Oji, oh my God it bored me to tears, and Binbo Dashi. I love Oguri Shun but that character angered me so much I just couldn't take it.

Oh, and Gokusen 3! There's not enough Fight-o Oh in the world to make that show good.
yes sushi oji was really bad i think. i just like the theme song out of it. :lol

cccc

Post by cccc » Sep 10th, '08, 09:26

What about the worst drama for this season ? (2008 July - Sept)

Although it's still airing I would say :

Taiyou to umi no Kyoushitsu

hanashi

Post by hanashi » Sep 10th, '08, 10:05

Teppan Shoujo Akane. Boring! I stopped at 3rd episode. :-(

GaussAlgorithmus

Post by GaussAlgorithmus » Sep 10th, '08, 11:27

hanashi wrote:Teppan Shoujo Akane. Boring! I stopped at 3rd episode. :-(
Worst Jdrama ever...

tonks2006

Post by tonks2006 » Sep 10th, '08, 11:34

m.f.e.o wrote:Here's my black list:
==> After these three dramas, I've come to conclusion that I should always avoid Nagase Tomoya's dramas (except for MBMH, and this is the only exception)
At least watch Utahime before you make that conclusion.

thienly

Post by thienly » Sep 20th, '08, 13:43

1. GTO <------boring, lame
麻辣教師
587 votes

2. Gokusen <------boring, lame
ごくせん
528 votes

3. Ichi Ritoru no Namida <-------havent watch
1リットルの涙
1 Liter of Tears/A Diary with Tears <-------havent watch
462 votes

4. Nobuta wo Produce <-------havent watch
野ブタ。をプロデュース
451 votes

5. Hana Yori Dango <------boring, lame
花より男子
Boys Before Flowers / Boys Over Flowers
451 votes

6. Summer snow <--------as boring as ever
398 votes

7. Beautiful life <------boring, lame
ビューティフルライフ
333 votes

8. Long vacation
ロングバケーション
324 votes

9. Pride <------boring, lame
プライド
301 votes

10. Good Luck !! <------boring, lame
グッドラック!!
267 votes

11. Love generation <------boring, lame cant stant the main girl's role
ラブジェネレーション
250 votes

12. Orange Days
オレンジデイズ
247 votes

13. Gokusen 2 hmmm worse
ごくせん2
222 votes

14. Densha Otoko <---- boring
電車男
Train Man
218 votes

15. Kimi wa Petto
きみはペット
You're My Pet
205 votes

16. Hero <------------------cant be any worse
175 votes

17. Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu
世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ
Crying out Love, in the Center of the World
171 votes

18. Mukodono!
ムコ殿/女婿大人
Son in law / Married couple talk / My Husband
168 votes

19. Stand UP!! <-------havent watch
152 votes

20. Kurosagi
クロサギ
The Black Swindler
147 votes

21. My Boss, My Hero
マイボスマイヒロ
141 votes

22. Nodame Cantabile <------ABSOLUTE LOVE THIS ONE
136 votes

23. Hana Yori Dango Season 2 <----if I hated the first then no chance I like the second season
花より男子
Boys Before Flowers / Boys Over Flowers
135 votes

24. Majo no jouken
魔女の条件
Witch's requirement / Forbidden love
133 votes

25. Attention Please
アテンションン プリース
128 votes

26. Dragon Zakura
ドラゴン桜
119 votes

27. H2~Kimi to itahibi
2~君といた日々
H2~The Days with You
116 votes

28. Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003
高校教師 2003
High School Teacher 2003
111 votes

29. Kamisama mou sukoshi dake
神様、もう少しだけ
God please give me more time / Precious time
111 votes

30. Yamato Nadeshiko
やまとなでしこ【大和撫子】
Perfect Woman
105 votes

31. Love Revolution
ラブレボリューション
102 votes

32. Dekichatta Kekkon
できちゃった結婚
Shotgun marriage
100 votes

33. Beach boys
ビーチボーイズ
93 votes

34. Hanazakari no Kimitachi e <-----------horrible
花ざかりの君たちへ
90 votes

35. Water Boys
ウォーターボーイズ
88 votes

36. Strawberry on the shortcake
ストロベリー・オンザ・ショートケ�� �キ
S.O.S. / SOS
88 votes

37. Lunch no Joou
ランチの女王
The Queen of Lunchtime Cuisine
84 votes

38. Engine
エンジン
83 votes

39. Attack No.1
アタック No.1
83 votes

40. Last Christmas
ラストクリスマス
83 votes

41. Antique
アンティーク~西洋骨董洋菓子店
76 votes

42. Trick
トリック
73 votes

43. Boku dake no Madonna
僕だけのマドンナ
You are my only Madonna / ... and I Love Her
72 votes

44. Taiyou no uta
タイヨのうた
A Song to the Sun
70 votes

45. Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi
空から降る一億の星
One Million Stars Falling from the Sky / The Smile Has Left Your Eyes
70 votes

46. Ace wo Nerae!
エースをねらえ!
Aim for the Ace!
69 votes

47. Friends
フレンズ
69 votes

48. Itazura na kiss <--------what the heck
イタズラなKiss
Teasing kiss / Naughty kiss
69 votes

49. To heart ~ koishite shinitai
to Heart 恋して死にたい
To heart
69 votes

50. Hotman
ホットマン
64 votes

Source:jdorama.com

ok let see how many dramas in this list I thought they were too lamẹ ..just want to point out, I havent watch them all, the ones watched I watched till the end not jus 1 or 2 epsodes.
being a teacher myself,,,,,,I can see that all the directors, scrupt writers for the first 2 dramas dont know how to teach kids now days....reality is north-south pole fr the dramas they created......

TofuQueen

Post by TofuQueen » Sep 20th, '08, 14:49

Phillykat wrote:I've managed to fight threw all the dramas I've started but 2. <snip> Binbo Dashi. I love Oguri Shun but that character angered me so much I just couldn't take it.
I don't know how far you watched, but Binbo Danshi does get better after the first few episodes...not *great*, but better, and Oguri Shun's character isn't really *quite* as stupid with money later on as he is in the first few eps. Definitely not among my favorite jdramas, but not as bad as I thought it would be from the first few eps.

noisia

Post by noisia » Sep 20th, '08, 15:47

thienly wrote:ok let see how many dramas in this list I thought they were too lamẹ ..just want to point out, I havent watch them all, the ones watched I watched till the end not jus 1 or 2 epsodes.
being a teacher myself,,,,,,I can see that all the directors, scrupt writers for the first 2 dramas dont know how to teach kids now days....reality is north-south pole fr the dramas they created......
If you're watching for realism, then you shouldn't be watching JDramas at all. If you want to teach young children, you shouldn't show them any JDramas expecting them to learn what you want.

Dramas appeal to people because they are fun, stupid, abnormal, romantic, clowny and unrealistic. If there was a drama that was totally realistic, it would be the most bland boring pile of crap. People watch Dramas because the stories and scripts are usually esoteric and therefore will throw about interesting and entertaining ideas for the viewer.

I'm sorry but if you've failed to like about 3-4 of your first Dramas, why bother keep watching anymore, and to the end? It's obvious that Dramas don't cater for your likes. Actually if you want absolute realism, the only thing that you would like is real life :/ Why you love Nodame Cantabile is a mystery since it takes all the core values and ideas from any standard drama and just amplifies them to ingeniously silly levels.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 20th, '08, 15:56

Who watches tv for realism anyway?
Everything they show in there is scripted somehow and cut to look interesting. Even with documentaries you can't be sure if it's true or not. You live in the real world everyday, why would you want to look at it on tv, too?

And on the topic, I'm with TofuQueen. Binbo Danshi was a bit of a slow starter, but for me it got really addicting right at the end. Not in my top five, but good, still.

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Sep 20th, '08, 17:34

thienly wrote:Source:jdorama.com

ok let see how many dramas in this list I thought they were too lamẹ ..just want to point out, I havent watch them all, the ones watched I watched till the end not jus 1 or 2 epsodes.
Just to point something out: that bogus Top 50 list from JDorama.com is nothing more than a popularity contest voted on by members there (I'm a mod there), so I wouldn't put much weight into that listt... It's not a measure of drama quality at all.

Yunny

Post by Yunny » Oct 2nd, '08, 16:21

SOS and Hitonatsu no Papa e... honestly, the worst

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 2nd, '08, 20:13

The worst I think hmm... let me check my options...
Code Blue- Too bland

Gokusen 3- Borrowed too much from the last two seasons

Tokyo Ghost trip- Just horrid acting. Story not too bad, execution of the drama was horrible
I think if they used some better actors changed a few lines here and there, gave a different location and laid off the melodramatic stuff and gave the characters a little more attitude it would be much much better.

Yasuko to Kenji- I have a few reasons for this one.... Erika must be a dip considering how much she tries to get with kenji regardless of how bad he treats her. Another thing that was pretty ahh.. interesting was that Yasuko wanted Erika to get with her big brother possible marriage so she can get close to Erikas little brother... Sounds good and all but if they get married Erikas little bro will be her brother too... Not only that but each episode was almost the same. I don't know about you guys but I hate a drama that I can pretty much know whats going to happen before it ends.. for example after the first three episodes you can pretty much tell every episode is going to end with kenji in gang uniform in some dark place fighting for someone or something.

Ladymercury

Post by Ladymercury » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:58

But AFTER the third episode the warehouse fights stop :PPP Even Jun gets his little "fight" in episode 5, and all those fights play into a major plot device in episodes 7 - 9.
Sounds good and all but if they get married Erikas little bro will be her brother too...
Brother in Law, yes, but its still not incest... in the slightest. I'm sure there are families like that today.

I'm just baffled anyone would hate such a cute story like Yasuko to Kenji. :P

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 4th, '08, 16:34

noisia wrote:
thienly wrote:ok let see how many dramas in this list I thought they were too lamẹ ..just want to point out, I havent watch them all, the ones watched I watched till the end not jus 1 or 2 epsodes.
If you're watching for realism, then you shouldn't be watching JDramas at all. If you want to teach young children, you shouldn't show them any JDramas expecting them to learn what you want.

Dramas appeal to people because they are fun, stupid, abnormal, romantic, clowny and unrealistic. If there was a drama that was totally realistic, it would be the most bland boring pile of crap. People watch Dramas because the stories and scripts are usually esoteric and therefore will throw about interesting and entertaining ideas for the viewer.

I'm sorry but if you've failed to like about 3-4 of your first Dramas, why bother keep watching anymore, and to the end? It's obvious that Dramas don't cater for your likes.
Actually if you want absolute realism, the only thing that you would like is real life :/ Why you love Nodame Cantabile is a mystery since it takes all the core values and ideas from any standard drama and just amplifies them to ingeniously silly levels.
I think most ppl watch dramas that they feel they can relate too. Take Binbo Danshi for example I hate it just cause the guy is unreasonably stupid and the lender is some godamn over dramatic emo guy. I also put Densha Otoko on the hate list, I like a drama with a little realism or like I said can get you to identify with the characters like for me it was Byakuyakou, Kamisama, GTO kinda, H2, Warui Yatsura,Tsubasa no oreta tenshitachi where I can understand the characters to a degree. Or it just could be me...

KoochiZibble

Post by KoochiZibble » Oct 6th, '08, 14:17

m.f.e.o wrote:==> After these three dramas, I've come to conclusion that I should always avoid Nagase Tomoya's dramas (except for MBMH, and this is the only exception)
Dude, seriously? XD Nagase Tomoya's one of like two or three Johnny's whose acting I don't cringe at. IWGP's like one of my favourite dramas ever.

helsorcer

Post by helsorcer » Oct 10th, '08, 13:42

GTO <--- definately the best drama i've ever watched

actually i only watch drama reccomended by friends so most of the time they are good

btw theres an itazura na kiss drama? i just recently finished watching the anime i think a drama would be kinda unrealistic lol. the content is kinda purely for anime ( can't imagine the main girl without all the stupid anime-like actions )

Yoshiko

Post by Yoshiko » Oct 10th, '08, 13:53

Love contract so horrible

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 13th, '08, 22:09

Yay I have two more dramas I think is garbage after watching it but saying this might raise hell since almost everyone loves it.... Densha Otoko is on my list along with Seigi no Mikata

hotaruhaku

Post by hotaruhaku » Oct 13th, '08, 22:25

Charismaho wrote:- Dragon Zakura: I watched it because it seems like everybody loves this drama. I also gave it a shot because of Nagasawa Masami. I ended up forcing myself to watch the entire series, hoping that it would get better towards the end. Wow that was terrible. I guess I'm just not into school dramas.
I soooo agree with you on the Masami thing! I can't stand her! ew!
But I finished it...but didn't like it...

My worst dramas....
Long Love Letter~~~Man! It was so hard to watch this drama!(though, Yamapi is soooo hot in here! Lol^^)
And Attention Please. It was soooo boreing and such a waste of my precious time!~ Totally regret even considering to watch that!

Stariella

Post by Stariella » Oct 17th, '08, 08:53

Gokusen I and II

Not my cup of tea. :S I'm sure there are worse ones which I'm glad I didn't watch.

piislove94

Post by piislove94 » Oct 18th, '08, 10:33

1.Yukan Club
2.Yukan Club
3.Yukan Club
4.Yukan Club
5.Yukan Club
6.Yukan Club
7.Yukan Club
8.Yukan Club
9.Yukan Club
10.Yukan Club
n.Yukan Club

Worst J-drama ever. If you can get through with all this lame acting than you are superhuman.

pirtybirdy

Post by pirtybirdy » Oct 18th, '08, 11:05

Densha Otoko. That was AWFUL! From what I remember, a lot of people liked it and I just couldn't for the life of me understand why, and I still don't know why! LOL!

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 18th, '08, 14:16

pirtybirdy wrote:Densha Otoko. That was AWFUL! From what I remember, a lot of people liked it and I just couldn't for the life of me understand why, and I still don't know why! LOL!
I completely agree with you, I think its some ppl said it was great and then everyone just jumped on the bandwagon I guess lol

Shindo Hikaru

Post by Shindo Hikaru » Oct 21st, '08, 14:35

i couldn't stand watching
Ace wo Nerae!
Attention Please
1 Litres of Tears
Densha Otoko
Stand Up
Yama Onna Kabe Onna
Tiger and Dragon
Gal Circle
i can go on and on dissing heaps of Japanese dramas but I'm not. I hate these shows and can't stand them however everyone in my family loves them.

Koyama

Post by Koyama » Oct 28th, '08, 22:37

i totally didn't like kimi wa petto, it was almost embarrassing to see matsujun in his role ^^" ...

LancerReiNi

Post by LancerReiNi » Nov 1st, '08, 05:29

pirtybirdy wrote:Densha Otoko. That was AWFUL! From what I remember, a lot of people liked it and I just couldn't for the life of me understand why, and I still don't know why! LOL!
I think it was more annoying than enjoyable. I didn't like how the story seemed to lag a bit too long. It was also very tiring to watch someone whine through several episodes. I found some parts of the series interesting but constantly had my finger on fast forward.

The movie was 120% better. But the constant crying and whining still existed. The female lead in the movie was way way way more attractive.

nofsummer

Post by nofsummer » Nov 1st, '08, 10:15

• Yuukan Club..., need to say more?
it was like a watching a cut and paste drama, to last till the end of this drama should be my biggest achievement, sadly, three episode is more than enough.

•Densha Otoko, bought it because of the review and boy, what a let down. Itoh Masaki's acting rubs me in the wrong way I supposed.

•Bambino!

•Princess Princess D, and HanaKimi should come very very close after this... not my genre, they make me want to eat something alive.

eternalblue81

Post by eternalblue81 » Nov 2nd, '08, 00:38

Koyama wrote:i totally didn't like kimi wa petto, it was almost embarrassing to see matsujun in his role ^^" ...
Kimi wa Petto really squicked me out. Part of me was kinda rooting for them to get together, but mostly I just kept thinking what a terribly unhealthy relationship it was. And at the end when she still had difficulty calling him by his real name and kept using the petname Momo... ::shudder:: Bad first drama impression of Matsujun for me. Luckily I next saw him in Hana Yori Dango and liked him a lot more in that.

pirtybirdy

Post by pirtybirdy » Nov 2nd, '08, 16:12

LancerReiNi wrote:
I think it was more annoying than enjoyable. I didn't like how the story seemed to lag a bit too long. It was also very tiring to watch someone whine through several episodes. I found some parts of the series interesting but constantly had my finger on fast forward.

The movie was 120% better. But the constant crying and whining still existed. The female lead in the movie was way way way more attractive.
I agree with you there that it was also quite annoying. I didn't like the jumping around to various people, and found them all to be annoying or boring. I didn't get very far. I stopped after 3 episodes. If I can't go the whole way, then I'd rather stop. I don't like to fast forward. I didn't think it'd get any better..lol

Silvestre
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Silvestre » Nov 30th, '08, 12:32

just watched bloody monday and lol...how can a hacker be so stupid in real life situation and lack of common sense...
mmm to most people here: if u find densha otoko as a bad jdrama, u might as well stop watching jdrama, cause it doesnt fall far from it...imo the story itself isnt that out of this world...i wonder what u would say if u watch for example gakko ja oshiererenai...u might puke right away...be glad u have only watched densha otoko, and please, for your own health and others', stop watching it from now on.

ahireasu
Greece

Post by ahireasu » Nov 30th, '08, 12:57

For me the worst ever jdorama was Proposal Daisakusen, i mean really i wanted to punch Yamashita Tomohisa so badly,...... i almost had a breakdown from this series and each and every episode was the same always all the time arggggggghhhhhhhhhh .

ajoy205

Post by ajoy205 » Nov 30th, '08, 13:22

i would say
1 Litre of tears,
honey & clover (eventhough toma-san in there),
Jigoku Shoujo (hate the real enma ai, dont know why),
&
Detective Conan

4ddd4

Post by 4ddd4 » Dec 22nd, '08, 22:10

bloody monday!!

ayaseharukaftw

Post by ayaseharukaftw » Dec 24th, '08, 03:39

ajoy205 wrote: honey & clover (eventhough toma-san in there),
1. I agree that H&C was pretty bad... the love story was nice but the ending just made me go wha....? What was the point in watching all that
when nothing happens because he's too chicken to say anything and they go their own ways

2. Gokusen was boring and repetitive I don't know where people are getting funny and life changing from... I didn't laugh once.

3. Innocent Love: I love Maki but she didn't captivate me at all and the plot is retarded not to mention this drama is really boring.

4. Kurosagi: I don't know what people find so good in it. The relationship between Yamapi and Maki was annoying (she just preached and he told her to shut up every time, nothing really great happened between them either). Everything else was not really that captivating. (I'll be honest, I hate Yamapi)

makuii

Post by makuii » Jan 15th, '09, 08:58

Zettai Kareshi: it started with a great premise,then the episodes slowly started getting boring and well, we all knew how it was going to end...

Innocent Love: was bitterly disappointing...I love Maki and all but, the dorama wasn't worth the hype.

Kurosagi: yes, YamaPi is hot, but once you get over that, the dorama becomes episodic and boring...

Gokusen 2,3: because, what the heck? We'd seen it all in Gokusen 1...

Sorry if I offended anyone, I know these doramas have pretty good followings...

Ginto-gin

Post by Ginto-gin » Jan 15th, '09, 09:43

Glad I'm not the only one here who didn't like "Love Generation". Weak script!! The lead female was miscast for the role. Even Kimura Takuya's good looks couldn't save that show. :whistling:

Endroine

Post by Endroine » Jan 15th, '09, 11:00

WTF Bloody Monday is cool :O
And @ayaseharukaftw: Why do you hate Yamapi? O.O

the worst drama ive seen is 1 Litre of Tears . Its só boring -_- And Gokusen 2 and 3 except for the hotties XD 1 is perfect. [Hiroki XDXD]

yabu_hikaru

Post by yabu_hikaru » Jan 15th, '09, 11:01

Oh! My Girl!!!

da worst drama ever!! cant stand with da kid..too much..she's not cute at all..i only watched untill episode 2...yucks!

koopisa

Post by koopisa » Jan 15th, '09, 12:03

Doramas that I couldn't even finish episode 1 for Summer/Fall 2008
(I decide not to call it "worst doramas": I may try some of them again later like I did with Bloody Monday which becomes my favorite one now):

Innocent Love,
Oh My Girls (I don't like a Little Girl's character),
Ryuusei no Kizuna (The first 2-3 episodes are very slow and boring. Since I've known a little bit of the story, I expected this brothers&sister to see their suspect in an episode early.)
ROOM OF KING (I watched untill episode 3 and it seems like I got nothing from them. I still don't get the point of this story.)
Shibadora, (Very boring and no chemistry at all)
Seigi no Mikata, (I hate the older sister character. I can't stand it)
33 pun Tantei

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 15th, '09, 15:14

dekichatta kekkon.. didn't look more than 20 minutes

bmwracer

Post by bmwracer » Jan 15th, '09, 15:21

Gokusen 2
Gokusen 3
Kirakira Kenshui
(Sorry Manami-chan :sweat:)
Joshi Deka!

«minah»

Post by «minah» » Jan 15th, '09, 20:42

koopisa wrote:Doramas that I couldn't even finish episode 1 for Summer/Fall 2008
(I decide not to call it "worst doramas": I may try some of them again later like I did with Bloody Monday which becomes my favorite one now):

Seigi no Mikata, (I hate the older sister character. I can't stand it)
OMG I can't stand the older sister either! But like I hate the show and liked it at the same time. All I can say is... that it's jsut good acting on Yamada's part if she made us not like her a lot lol.

sumire_chan

Post by sumire_chan » Jan 15th, '09, 21:29

ahireasu wrote:For me the worst ever jdorama was Proposal Daisakusen, i mean really i wanted to punch Yamashita Tomohisa so badly,...... i almost had a breakdown from this series and each and every episode was the same always all the time arggggggghhhhhhhhhh .
This. I actually like Yamapi but Nagasawa Masami is so annoying. This drama was torture. I didn't watch all of it but skipped over a few episodes since everything was the same and just watched the ending because I needed a resolution. And then there wasn't even a good resolution! Agh. Never going near that again.

Also, this drama wasn't bad, but Utahime's ending just killed me. I was so angry that I had spent all that time watching, and the whole reincarnation thing wasn't comforting at all.

Oh and Totsuzen, Arashi no you ni. Such an awkward pairing, I was cringing through the whole thing but couldn't stop watching. I don't think it was the age difference so much as the casting. Yamapi and Esumi Makiko are both wonderful but they just didn't work together. I hated how she got blamed for being sort of kind of not really unfaithful when her husband was being sort of kind of not really unfaithful as well. Everyone blamed her and he acted like he was totally innocent, when he was actually in a similar situation. It was so painful to watch.

I also hated Love Revolution, also with Esumi Makiko... I only watched the first few episodes but had to stop because her character was so frustrating. She kept letting everyone push her around. It's funny that I've hated dramas with her so much, I loved her in the movie Maboroshi no Hikari.

I also hate bad specials/sequels/movies that ruin good dramas. I loved Gokusen 1 and liked Gokusen 2, but Gokusen 3 made me hate myself for ever liking it. The HYD movie was pretty bad too, almost ruining what to me is one of the best dramas ever. And I couldn't even get a few minutes into the Hana Kimi special, it was so bad. Sometimes you just have to stop when you're on top! No more bad sequels! Pleaaaase! *crosses fingers, hopes the Nodame Cantabile movies won't be horrible*

Issy

Post by Issy » Jan 15th, '09, 22:01

sumire_chan wrote:The HYD movie was pretty bad too, almost ruining what to me is one of the best dramas ever. And I couldn't even get a few minutes into the Hana Kimi special, it was so bad. Sometimes you just have to stop when you're on top!
Can't agree anymore. I was so disapponited with HYD movie that i really question all these hype and spending money and filming in 3 coutries..... it was a totall waste of time to watch. it had a silly story that i kept hoping it will develope into something more serious but it did NOT.

and not sure if this only me but i found all 5 characters completely out of touch with their previous roles in S1&2? it seemed that they we all so bored acting in this movie that did not really care much about it. with a story like this and acting like that, there was no need for a movie at all. all they needed to do is to stick the last few minutes of this movie to the end of S2 and everyone would have been happy. (well, except for producers i guess :P )

Hanakimi SP, all i can say that i deleted the file straight away after watching in a sec. it was a totall crap.

Celeb to bimbo taro --it was fun to watch at start but by ep 7 i was so annoyed and bored with it that did not bother with the rest.

for some reasons, i keep thinking that acting standards in new j dramas are really getting low. it is so fake most of times that annoys you so much.

looking forward to see this season's dramas. i am sure i will dislike one or two of them. :lol

sumire_chan

Post by sumire_chan » Jan 15th, '09, 22:35

Issy wrote:and not sure if this only me but i found all 5 characters completely out of touch with their previous roles in S1&2? it seemed that they we all so bored acting in this movie that did not really care much about it. with a story like this and acting like that, there was no need for a movie at all. all they needed to do is to stick the last few minutes of this movie to the end of S2 and everyone would have been happy.
Definitely. It was a waste of the talent of all the actors involved. Especially the other members of F4 who were barely even in it! And when they were everyone seemed very bored and out of character. I was really disappointed.
Issy wrote:for some reasons, i keep thinking that acting standards in new j dramas are really getting low. it is so fake most of times that annoys you so much.
Me too : / I feel like I've run out of good Jdramas to watch! I'm mostly watching Kdramas now. I try to give new Jdramas a try but they've been very unsatisfying lately...

LissyLamoire

Post by LissyLamoire » Jan 15th, '09, 22:59

Hmz I think Bloody Monday is very cool and original ... but xD I won´t talk about the end because the end realy (&_#$!)#(&$" ¬¬ >.< But enough about that!

I think this were my worst dramas:

Long love letter I loved the ep where there was finally some action ... but after that it was boring again ... and the strange creatures that lived in their future world were very ... uhm ... lame?

Happy Boys every episode felt the same

Anego it really wasn't interesting at all. Even though I'm a great Jin fan I really don't think that he can act =x Gomen JIN! But I was able to watch it because of the funny subs and Jins smile *drool* xD

Sore wa totsuzen arashi no you ni ... Yamapi can't act either ... he was looking depressed all the time ... OK his character wasn't that happy ... but then again a normal person isn't allways looking like that xD they can make other faces as well ... and Yamapi is allways holding his mouth very strange when he's feeling sad ... don't know how to explain it ...

Gokusen was OK ... I liked the first season ... the second only because of Kazuya and Jin ... The magic of Gokusen isn't because it's such a "great " drama. Because it really isn't and the actors in season 2 and 3 really cant act!! =/ (apart from Miura Haruma ... and Kamenashi Kazuya)
It's because they use "asian hotties" that makes the serie populair! xD
Last edited by LissyLamoire on Jan 15th, '09, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.