Full House 2 (KBS, 20xx)

Discuss Korean drama series here.
belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 28th, '07, 19:32

I checked over at the Full House soompi thread. I don't think there's any news confirmation yet -- even the wiki page seems unresolved about the casting.

Assuming they do get cast, I hope FH2 gets the Coffee Prince uber-hip treatment. It's especially a good choice with Full House due to the spacious house and island setting of the original drama.

Ahh, Full House. A house, godawful wardrobe (i.e. will we see the return of the Wonderbra Girl Rival?) a killer soundtrack and 3 Bears para para dancing!!! Oh and that BiKyo rumor mill is going to go overdrive again.

Rasckita

Post by Rasckita » Aug 30th, '07, 15:05

The cast hasn't been confirmed yet. But Full House with no Rain & SHK will not be Full House. :glare:

Unfortunelly I don't believe these 2 will accept being part of Full House 2 because Rain will be to busy preparing his english album and his career in US and SHK is probably tired of the image of 'good girl'.

BUT I still have hopes... Rain is going back to Korea very soon and he said he has big news which he'll say as he gets in Korea. So I hope this 'big news' is that he'll participate of Full House 2.

Here's the video of Rain talking telling about having 'big information':

About SHK... I don't like her super tanned and skinny look. :-( That tan is giving her wrinkles and that skinny look is not making her looking healthy. I think she looked much better with the Full House look because it was much more natural. And natural looks today , specially in korea, are rare, so this made SHK unique.

arabian

Post by arabian » Aug 30th, '07, 15:13

Rasckita...

Thanxx for the news about rain hope to be as we expect for FH2.. or without them it'll not be good.. :-)

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Sep 2nd, '07, 22:22

now that rain is back in Korea, he might agree to Full HOuse 2. i hope

ljkluvr11

Post by ljkluvr11 » Sep 2nd, '07, 22:36

belleza wrote:
Ahh, Full House. A house, godawful wardrobe (i.e. will we see the return of the Wonderbra Girl Rival?) a killer soundtrack and 3 Bears para para dancing!!! Oh and that BiKyo rumor mill is going to go overdrive again.
haha
ur awesome
wonderbra girl rival!!!
lol
yes-i like something similar to the 3 bears
i love that part
and if they REALLY are gonna make FH2
it's onlie gonna be good if bi and song hye kyo is back
other wise it's gonna be awful
let's hope FH2 is as good as the first one :D

teemu8

Post by teemu8 » Sep 3rd, '07, 14:04

hello do you know where i can find the ost of full fouse :roll

Bam-Bam

Post by Bam-Bam » Sep 4th, '07, 02:20

It would probably cost too much to hire the same cast. Unfortunately, the main reason why that series was so good to begin with was because of the all star cast. I don't see them getting the original cast back.

rlia

Post by rlia » Sep 6th, '07, 18:18

OMG...OMG...IS that true...? FULL HOUSE 2???? after all my disappointment about goong 2...and now there's an issue of FH 2??? but i'm afraid it will be like goong's sequel...about how hard it is to get the original casts back..especially when they are now very busy and much more famous than they were three years ago...

and about the story...i hope there will be no dying thing...or loss of memory thing...because FH is a drama comedy so they shouldn't make those kinds of story....

jooliepoolie

Post by jooliepoolie » Sep 6th, '07, 23:28

rlia wrote:OMG...OMG...IS that true...? FULL HOUSE 2???? after all my disappointment about goong 2...and now there's an issue of FH 2??? but i'm afraid it will be like goong's sequel...about how hard it is to get the original casts back..especially when they are now very busy and much more famous than they were three years ago...

and about the story...i hope there will be no dying thing...or loss of memory thing...because FH is a drama comedy so they shouldn't make those kinds of story....
goong 2's not out yet... rite?? i mean there was a goong S but goong 2?? where???
i wanna watch it!!! i loved goong!!!!
but i heard goong S sucked...

anyhoo yea totally agree, FH is a love comedy
and rather a pioneer like drama in the world of kdramas so it would be awful if they hav those cliches plotlines...

cassarollsushi

Post by cassarollsushi » Sep 10th, '07, 00:30

i hope bikyo is in it, if it's a whole new cast i'm not sure if i would watch it
and if they are in it, then i hope no-one dies or get amnesia(kind of what rlia said)
i hope that bikyo comes back and it shows them having a child or something :D

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Sep 10th, '07, 00:46

hmmmm.... FULL HOUSE 2. quite interesting! i hope SHK will be cast here.

funki3

Post by funki3 » Sep 10th, '07, 00:52

omg, no way! a second season?! i never would have thought for a second season of full house. i mean, what more could come between those two?! ahh well, i will still watch if it does go through. i just hope that Rain and Song Hye Kyo do agree to be reprise their roles. i mean, it really isn't full house without those two. i'll be too disappointed and very skeptical if they're not in it.

christaluvsdrama

Post by christaluvsdrama » Sep 10th, '07, 00:58

I loved Full House, but I don't see why there should be a #2. I felt F.H left on a happy note, so why make another season. If they do make it, I agree with everyone else that they should keep the original cast, but oppa and unni's schedules are pretty packed. I really hope it turns out if it actually does happen.

ladykrizzy

Post by ladykrizzy » Sep 10th, '07, 14:41

cantiara wrote:WHOA! :w00t:

If the storyline would be the continuation of the first one, then they really MUST get Bi and Song He Kyo to be in it as well, otherwise, I'm quite sure it's gonna be a flop...
I AGREE WITH YOU!!! ITS GONNA FLOP IF BI AND SONG HYE GYO AREN'T IN IT!!!

gerald_tot

Post by gerald_tot » Sep 10th, '07, 14:51

yeah i totally agree i thought the ending was a happy ending
but if the storyline is just like theres new problems and all its gonna be so much better
if the cast are the same

lee0539

Post by lee0539 » Sep 10th, '07, 22:50

Full House was great, but the way the friends had a flat belly and no baby after 6 months was driving me insane.

belleza

Post by belleza » Sep 11th, '07, 03:24

Yeah, the story itself isn't Full House's strong point. Let's just say if my friends did to me what happened in Episode 1, they're going to jail. Forever. ;)

The only real pull for a FH2 is for international distribution. It's already been almost 4 years, but the popularity of this show in, say, the Phillippines is still pretty recent. Full House just won't die! ;) But it can only work for an international market if you have the original stars.

I would have liked to see a BiKyo reunion in a melodrama, though. Their chemistry is unique -- they project a very strong "big sister / little brother" vibe. At first, it's distracting because Rain, or rather the character Rain was portraying, kinda disappears next to Hye Kyo's charismatic (and somewhat bullish/intimidating) persona. But when they kinda tweaked the writing to bring out Rain's impish vibe, everything really clicked. It was if Bi pantomined and sulked for Hye Kyo's attention, and they just happened to be filming a show at the same time. Very hard to replicate that kind of dynamic with any pair.

JlovesVan

full house 2

Post by JlovesVan » Sep 12th, '07, 12:30

has anyone read full house 2 in the manhwa series? I was curious what the storyline is about because they could possibly follow that. I have wanted to read it but it hasn't been translated :(

I think if the original cast signed on they could come up with a storyline good enough to make it work. They could have babies/kids which could be hysterical or his family could move in with them something along those lines. I would hope they kept it as light as the first one.

^ iChigO ^

Post by ^ iChigO ^ » Sep 12th, '07, 12:42

full house 2 ?! :unsure:
it'll be great to see Rain and SHK again

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 12th, '07, 12:47

^ iChigO ^ wrote:full house 2 ?! :unsure:
it'll be great to see Rain and SHK again
wait .. the cast still not confirmed yet.. :lol

danchemistry

Post by danchemistry » Sep 15th, '07, 13:51

Song He Kyo is hot, hopefully the 2nd season will be still her.
The male who watch this drama far from me??

RPGonline2

Post by RPGonline2 » Sep 15th, '07, 23:00

danchemistry wrote:Song He Kyo is hot, hopefully the 2nd season will be still her.
The male who watch this drama far from me??
If what your asking if another male watches East Asian Dramas, I do! ^__^

I love them.

...I was not aware Full House season 2 was being made!

-Faints- :D

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Sep 16th, '07, 01:25

i want SHK to be there. she's so pretty! i want her to be there too again.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Sep 26th, '07, 02:22

i heard from somewhere that rain has rejected the offer for Full House
2 :cussing: :cussing: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :O :O :O :O SO SAD

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Sep 26th, '07, 06:03

Oh really. That's so sad.

He must be fully booked with all projects and endorsements.

dethos

Post by dethos » Sep 27th, '07, 12:00

it's a bad news for all fans ,maybe the story of full house 2 was not enough good for him :lol

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 27th, '07, 13:57

gummonster wrote:i heard from somewhere that rain has rejected the offer for Full House
2 :cussing: :cussing: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :O :O :O :O SO SAD
No.. soooooooo sad .. I can't imagine FH without Bi or even SHK.. :-(

cassarollsushi

Post by cassarollsushi » Sep 28th, '07, 21:48

FH2 without bi or shk?!?!?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :'(
i (desperately) want to see them work together in another drama
argh. . .

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Sep 30th, '07, 02:04

guys, i'm not sure that it's true that rain rejected it, i think that people are just thinking that he rejected because he was busy. I was so shocked when i heard but now, i think it might not be true. so don't be too sad, keep hoping

bananaloverz

Post by bananaloverz » Sep 30th, '07, 03:10

In my opinion, MOST PROBABLY second season of Goong and Full House are going to be rejected by the main actor and actress. Why? Because it is almost impossible to create a sequel story that beats up the first one (which everyone adore so much), and if the story is ain't getting attention, however good they are going to act, it will still be a flop, in my opinion. Not only that, for a person to compete with his or her own good achievements will be very tough, especially when it is scrutinized by all the people all around the world, isn't it a bit too risky? So in order to preserve the success of the first series, I believe the second season, no matter how much i want to see these pairs to be together again, should not be produced. Anybody agree? :P

applebear

Post by applebear » Sep 30th, '07, 05:19

bananaloverz wrote: I believe the second season, no matter how much i want to see these pairs to be together again, should not be produced. Anybody agree? :P
I personally, agree with this statement. I think it would be terrible and unrealistic to even hope...

Unless we are talking about a squeal to a super hero movie where the second movie is the best (which we aren't). Straight sequels tend to suck.Although I feel like the roles for the actor and actress either made them REALLY famous or helped them launch serious careers, I feel that going back to the role would make them feel like they were back tracking rather than moving on and finding their real niche in the entertainment industry.

I do love the original. A LOT, don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to the sequel.

I believe it would be best to have two new people for the main roles, with a similar story line.
Because, let's be honest, we know the producers have figured out what the audience likes. Just, please, give us more AND better than before! Heart xoxo :wub: right?

I stick by my original statement, I hope the leads are good.

PS. from a production stand point, I would purely want to cash in on the name "Full House". So, I don't expect Full House 2 to be good. I am only hoping at this point.

kimmy12

Post by kimmy12 » Oct 8th, '07, 13:21

whoa..i didn't know this. it sounds interesting anyway..i wonder what its all about this time.

Pnoy11

Post by Pnoy11 » Oct 8th, '07, 18:21

I think it would be pointless to have a Full House 2 if Rain n SHK are not on it!

arabian

Post by arabian » Oct 8th, '07, 18:26

gummonster wrote:guys, i'm not sure that it's true that rain rejected it, i think that people are just thinking that he rejected because he was busy. I was so shocked when i heard but now, i think it might not be true. so don't be too sad, keep hoping
I'm still hoping that the two of them will be in FH2..waiting any offical news.. :-)

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Oct 9th, '07, 02:00

hmmm... a second season for full house? interesting... yeah i hope Song Hye Kyo will be there too. but i dont think its appropriate for her to do so right now. with her movie career and everything.

nophankh

Post by nophankh » Oct 9th, '07, 02:06

okay, hopefully not.
What else are they gonna cover?
The couple is already married.
What conflict will arise?
I hope they don't do it.
With Rain and Song Hye Kyo's busy schedule, I doubt they will be part of FH2.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Oct 9th, '07, 02:37

I just miss so much seeing SHK and RAIN together that no matter what project they will do I will totally watch it.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Oct 24th, '07, 03:13

i miss song hye kyo on the small screen so much, so i'm hoping she would accept this offer and to be with bi again. be the best couple again.

christ_freak

Post by christ_freak » Oct 24th, '07, 17:30

I thought the first season was terrible already- how boring and now they're producing a second season! Oh God have mercy"

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 25th, '07, 19:24

Did Rain and Song Hye Kyo got married again after the divorce? I thought they ended up together but didn't marry again. How could I have missed that?

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Oct 27th, '07, 05:30

i think that they were never offically divorced yet, so after that they just got back together.

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Oct 27th, '07, 07:59

But I think that they were officially divorced; because Rain announced at the press conference in Episode 14 that he had to have a divorce because of a girl that he loved most on the world etc. Later when Yoo Min Hyuk proposes to Song Hye Kyo , she said that it hasn't past much time since her divorce. So I think they were officially divorced, but didn't got officially married again. IMHO, if they had officially got married again, there would be no reason for a second season of the drama. :D

hehrharz

Post by hehrharz » Oct 29th, '07, 19:50

It's a good news to hear...I love Full House and am really really waiting for the 2nd season. Hopefully the story is as cute as the first one. ^^

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Oct 31st, '07, 00:14

Hitokiri_Johndoesai wrote:But I think that they were officially divorced; because Rain announced at the press conference in Episode 14 that he had to have a divorce because of a girl that he loved most on the world etc. Later when Yoo Min Hyuk proposes to Song Hye Kyo , she said that it hasn't past much time since her divorce. So I think they were officially divorced, but didn't got officially married again. IMHO, if they had officially got married again, there would be no reason for a second season of the drama. :D
yeah i think your right....yeah, maybe the second season, we'll see their wedding...hopefully with a better wedding dress for shk

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Oct 31st, '07, 01:22

I never thought of that, hmmm you gave me an idea the reason why should we look forward for Full House 2.

I just wish that SHK and Rain will consider teaming up together. :-)

LilyJade

Post by LilyJade » Nov 1st, '07, 16:50

Hi ! To me, they were divorced too that's why I think that the second season would be about their real wedding with a a really beautiful and glamor dress! :P

Besides, maybe if it is like the manwha, then we might see her ex-boyfriend, right? :scratchchin:

Anyways, I'm really longing to see it!!! It's so sweet and funny! :wub:

silently_solitude

Post by silently_solitude » Nov 10th, '07, 16:26

guys guys any news yet? im so anxious to hear more about the casting..is Bi done with fliming his american movie?

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 11th, '07, 14:50

No news is good news....or not 8)

I can't find the article, but I read at soompi a few weeks ago that SHK wants to focus on her next movie. (strike three and you're out, girl!) Or something along those lines....

Hitokiri_Johndoesai

Post by Hitokiri_Johndoesai » Nov 11th, '07, 21:29

Well, if the cast won't be the same, there is no need to shoot a second season.

beautifulqueen

Post by beautifulqueen » Nov 11th, '07, 21:34

omg..how exciting..if only my beautifulqueen SOng HYe Gyo is the lead girl. I would love to see Rain and Song hye gyo act again..they should have the same cast...and continue with beautiful song hye gyo and rain's lives...make them have children..or show more of them being together..the ending was good but i wanted more of them beinghappy together. well i hope full house 2 is just as good. cant wait!!!

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 12th, '07, 09:45

I read at soompi a few weeks ago that SHK wants to focus on her next movie. (strike three and you're out, girl!) Or something along those lines....
On one hand, I admire SHK for fighting the good fight to not be the Choi Ji Woo (whom I love) of her generation. On the other, it's almost as if her peculiar mix of ambition (want to be a respected actress!) and professional inferiority (I'm a limited actress!) has driven her into premature retirement. I sometimes wonder how she feels looking at her peers like Son Yeh Jin and Jun Ji Hyun. Especially JJH. The Sassy Girl could have 20 bombs in a row, but she never seems in need of a TV comeback to regain her star.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 12th, '07, 14:32

Just keeping on that topic for now, I've always thought that Koreans have high regards for drama stars compared to say, America, where if you star in dramas, you're pretty much considered as an inferior actor/actress. So what's with the "push" to try and break into the movie world? Is the Korean movie industry turning out to be like Hollywood where you have to be a big movie star to garner any respect? It sure seems that way. Let's take a look at some of the BIG names of Korean cinema who probably won't come back to TV unless hell freezes over:

- Lee Byung Hun, Jang Dong Gun, Jeon Ji Hyun

3 of the most successful movie stars whom we'll probably never see on the small screen again.

There are a few more, but I can't think of them right now. But what does this have to do with SHK? She should forget about trying to play with the 'big boys', and get back to TV to do the next installment of Full House where we appreciate her the most.

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Nov 12th, '07, 17:32

WHAT???? shk is having a new movie???, so excited, but still i want her to except this offer for full house 2....bi is done with his speed racer movie already too..

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 12th, '07, 21:28

I looked over at Soompi, and I guess she's been speculated as a candidate for the Storm Riders remake. I don't know -- the token Korean pretty girl part just screams out "Chae Rim", you know? :D
Is the Korean movie industry turning out to be like Hollywood where you have to be a big movie star to garner any respect?
Korea's star system (unlike Japanese) is a lot like Hollywood, except that there isn't a stigma switching between film and TV. Many actors/actresses want to leave TV because Korean dramas are very formulaic, and it can typecast you as an artist, especially if you're an actress. And, of course, it's more work. :D
Let's take a look at some of the BIG names of Korean cinema who probably won't come back to TV unless hell freezes over:

- Lee Byung Hun, Jang Dong Gun, Jeon Ji Hyun
Yeah, JJH is the one that really sticks out for me, because her image and style reminds me of SHK a lot. And she hasn't done a TV show since she was 17-18. I compare SHK and JJH a lot, because to me, they have a similar persona and both got really popular really early. There's no doubt in my mind if JJH donned her presence on TV, you'll be seeing a show with average 35+ rating. Neither actress is likely to pursue a film career like Lee Na Young or Gong Hyo Jin, and so you'd hope to see stars like them continue to do TV while in their 20s.

She's been around forever, yet it's easy to forget just how young SHK was when she did those blockbuster dramas. It's just that SHK was only 22 when she stopped doing dramas. Actresses like Lee Young Ae didn't really blossom as respected actresses until well into their mid-to-late 20s.

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Nov 13th, '07, 23:21

i wont watch this if they change new casts.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Nov 14th, '07, 02:51

if song hye kyo will be there that would be interesting if not i don't know. i hope she will do this one...

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Nov 15th, '07, 01:43

Wow guys you have all very interesting point of view reagarding these famous celebrities.

Anyway it seems that there had been no news recently regarding the update of FH2, probably KBS wants to star both SHK and Rain to FH2 and waiting for the right time that they will consider the offer.

SHK mentioned before that she wants to do another movie and then a drama in TV. Let just wait for the official news.

Ronbong

Post by Ronbong » Nov 15th, '07, 04:27

Why are people so mad about Full House drama :scratch: ??? FH part 1 is a disaster :thumbdown: I only watched it because I love the manhwa so much :heart: . The only funny part is when his grandma singing Three Bears :whistling:

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 17th, '07, 14:36

Three Bears is like my favorite song of all time :)

RAV4

Post by RAV4 » Nov 18th, '07, 18:08

I doubt that Rain and SHK will come back to TV series. They are doing well in big pictures now. Especially, Rain is ready to conquer Hollywood.

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Nov 19th, '07, 04:56

kobe23 you are from melbourne australia, SHK recently have been spotted there according to a fan account from soompi.

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 19th, '07, 13:24

SHK in Melbourne????? Where? When? How? Why?

I'll check Soompi for any details. And if she really is in Melbourne, I might even ask her if she's gonna do Full House 2. You guys can thank me later :)

belleza

Post by belleza » Nov 21st, '07, 17:05

The woodpecker may be in Noo Yawk instead . . .

http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/11/song- ... ood-debut/

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Nov 22nd, '07, 13:16

According to this post at Soompi http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=178004, SHK was really staying in Melbourne to shoot a CF. But she's probably gone by now. I always miss out on the fun :(

Anyway, SHK is gonna do an indie-flick just to get her foot in the Hollywood door? In a way I'm disappointed, but the other side of me wishes her all the best and hope she manages to impress. Can't really imagine her speaking in English though....

karin-chan

Post by karin-chan » Nov 24th, '07, 05:25

the amnesia plot is an old school thing..............................

katrina_097

Post by katrina_097 » Dec 7th, '07, 11:19

i wish the main character would be rain and hye kyo again

xanseviera_94

Post by xanseviera_94 » Aug 21st, '08, 10:58

Can't wait to watch Full House season 2..
But, if there is no Rain N Song Hye Kyo as the main actor and actress, i'm not going to watch it..

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 22nd, '08, 14:10

Has there been an official announcement for FH2 yet or is this still a rumor?

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Aug 22nd, '08, 14:41

i hope shk will do FH2. is it official or still a rumor?

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 22nd, '08, 18:06

i hope shk will do FH2. is it official or still a rumor?
FH2 is still a rumor. Worth mentioning that SHK is working with the FH director for her fall project with Binnie. So, it would be highly unlikely that she would back for FH2. And if she isn't doing it, Rain won't be doing it. FH2 would be new. The Three Bears dance will now be done by a wonder girl.

Curiouschance

Post by Curiouschance » Aug 22nd, '08, 18:37

I hope they confirm it then and get the original cast as they were great in FH1.

kotatsulove

Post by kotatsulove » Aug 22nd, '08, 18:58

belleza wrote:
The Three Bears dance will now be done by a wonder girl.
lol! i have my doubts that this drama will even return. if they can't get the old cast, then i don't think there will be enough interest.

cutekid

Post by cutekid » Aug 23rd, '08, 11:16

full house will not be full house without the two. no question about it. if there will be a new cast then its something else...

kobe23

Post by kobe23 » Aug 23rd, '08, 17:08

I don't think I would mind seeing So Hee perform Three Bears :)

But yeah, I find it a bit strange how they don't like to milk as much out of popular dramas and pairings in Korean dramas. If it was another country we would be up to Full House 5 and I would be sick of Song Hye Kyo by now. Ok, I probably wouldn't be, but maybe after part 10 :D

belleza

Post by belleza » Aug 23rd, '08, 18:42

But yeah, I find it a bit strange how they don't like to milk as much out of popular dramas and pairings in Korean dramas.
You know, I think they did this more back in the early 2000s and with the younger cast. A few of Choi Ji Woo's dramas had repeat leads or switchups of rival roles. For example, Jeon Ji Hyun and and Cha Tae Hyun had done a sitcom together and Happy Together before My Sassy Girl. Last year, 9 End Two Outs had Lee Jun Jin and Soo Ae, who were in April Kiss. The two female rivals from By Land and Sky were best friends on Nonstop 5. Etc. etc.

A true Full House sequel is possible since the original didn't really cover all the manhwa. And it would have involved the couple having a baby. But, more likely, it would just be a variation of the same concept. Even then, I kinda viewed Full House itself as a rebrand of Attic Cat (both were based on work from the same writer.)