[Discussion] Seigi no Mikata (2008)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
hichambg

Post by hichambg » Aug 14th, '08, 13:24

yanie wrote:
What could she be praying for? XD
For her sister change her mind and go to Donbo? :lol

Ahhh... that Kanata Hongo - Shida Mirai shot looks so good!! If only that girl is not there... jyama dayo, ano ko! :glare:
Btw, how is "Seigi no Mikata" compared to "Yasuko to Kenji"? I wonder which one is better? Or they're both the same good comedy?
I'm watching both. Seigi no Mikata is a way better (for me at least) than Yasuko to Kenji. The second one seems to piss me off sometimes, and the humor is not that great. It's enjoyable, but, not as much as I was expecting.

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 14th, '08, 13:40

Sorry, but I'm enjoying Yasuko to Kenji a lot more than Seigi no Mikata. I prefer Youko over Yasuko, and I prefer Kenji over Makiko. Plus I enjoy the bro/sis relatinship a lot more which is one of the reasons. Also the way Youko obeys every single of her sisters' command really starts to p*** me off sometimes. Yasuko and Kenji's relationship is way more enjoyable and funnier to watch.

YtK is hilarious :) Seigi no Mikata too, but enjoying YtK a lot more than this.

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Aug 14th, '08, 20:50

yanie wrote:

Ahhh... that Kanata Hongo - Shida Mirai shot looks so good!! If only that girl is not there... jyama dayo, ano ko! :glare:
Btw, how is "Seigi no Mikata" compared to "Yasuko to Kenji"? I wonder which one is better? Or they're both the same good comedy?
This series is much better then that series. For one thing this series actually makes me laugh. :P

Veoh has all the episodes so far subbed so you can check it out there.

hollisterluv

Post by hollisterluv » Aug 14th, '08, 21:10

yanie wrote:

I prefer seigi no mikata over yasuko to kenji.. they're both funny but the main character yasuko annoys me. she acts like a typical shojo manga character swooning over the hot guy. i like seigi no mikata more cos i can relate to it more. also, shida mirai is a good actor! hongo kanata is in it too which makes it more enjoyable for me since im a bif fan of him.. o.o everyones entitled to their own opinion

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Aug 15th, '08, 01:08

hollisterluv wrote:
yanie wrote:

I prefer seigi no mikata over yasuko to kenji.. they're both funny but the main character yasuko annoys me. she acts like a typical shojo manga character swooning over the hot guy. i like seigi no mikata more cos i can relate to it more. also, shida mirai is a good actor! hongo kanata is in it too which makes it more enjoyable for me since im a bif fan of him.. o.o everyones entitled to their own opinion
Quite annoying ain't she? She acted the same exact way in another series all fangirl-ish ugh. Shida Mirai's character in Seigi no Mikata on the other hand is quite likeable.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 15th, '08, 02:01

Yay, seem like Seigi no Mikata wins the vote :cheers: Thank you for your opinions, minna! But I think I'll check the first ep of YasuKen too, Hirosue Ryoko is one of my fave^^

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Aug 15th, '08, 06:54

^^ Hirosue Ryoko was the reason why i checked YasuKen too. Well i'd say i found her a bit weird in the first half. Like she's waaay too cute to be a gangsta but things get better with her at the end. And i agree about Tabe Mikako's character: typical shoujo girl flaming over the good looking guy. (Yamada Tarou Monogatari anyone? :P )

Seigi no Mikata is the best comedy this year, man !

Rori

Post by Rori » Aug 15th, '08, 10:30

Just because Yasuko comes off as your typical shoujo girl doesn't mean she isn't likable. Of course each to their own and I do like Youko more than Yasuko on one hand, but that's mainly down to what a great actress Shida Mirai is. Youko gets more laughs out of me than Yasuko but I still find YtK to be the funnier comedy and that's mainly because of Kenji and Erika.

If we go on to the relationships; Youko and Riku and Yasuko and Jun, I love Y&R loads more. And I'm still waiting for more action from those two. We have episode 6:
I love their scenes so much and episode 6 was one of the best, even if they don't get many. Is Riku finally starting to realise he likes Youko? I'd love for Chika to be kicked out the picture but I love watching it when she gets jealous. *is cruel* :lol

Also, did episode 7 preview show us Riku and Youko holding hands? Looks like Chika gets into some trouble, too. Well, I can't wait for it either way. :cheers:

Miyoubi

Post by Miyoubi » Aug 15th, '08, 13:48

I prefer Seigi no mikata. Yasuko to Kenji is OK but it's a little boring for me, the main girl is a bit annoying and the little johnny is just too bad of an actor, I can't stand him. I just like the older brother and sister.

In Seigi no mikata I like all the characters and I laugh many times in just one episode, so that's good. The time quickly goes by while I'm watching it, so that's good too.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 15th, '08, 14:17

Rori, you're right, Ep6 was the BEST!!! :cheers: And the preview for Ep7! :w00t: Waaa... cant wait for the next ep!!

I wonder how come there's no ending titleback sequence, it always goes right to the preview. I feel bad for the themesong's singer x) Her song only put on as background for the few secs previews.

lunas

Post by lunas » Aug 15th, '08, 21:32

The only thing I like about Yasuko to Kenji is the brother/sister relationship. Seigi no Mikata is better than Yasuko to Kenji for the better execution of the plot and acting. Even though both series has some repetitive storyline but Seigi is so subtle at time it’s not that obvious whereas you’ll get tire after a few episodes with Yasuko.

zoreo09

Ringtone?

Post by zoreo09 » Aug 17th, '08, 02:04

Not sure if anyone's asked, but does anybody know where I can find a ringtone like "Kumako's" ? I like the screaming one for when her sister calls. :D

SnowyDreams

Post by SnowyDreams » Aug 18th, '08, 09:03

I've just finished watching Episode 6 raw! Love the interaction between kumako and riku <3 Based on the preview, I'm very excited to see episode 7!

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Aug 18th, '08, 14:51

I love this series :D
By the way, did someone notice that, in her bath in ep 5, Makiko was humming the main song from Ghibli's Ponyo? Does it mean Makiko saw the movie this very July??

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Aug 18th, '08, 20:30

Hmm...hope Episode 6 gets subbed soon. I thought it'd be up yesterday.

This is an awesome show.

SuG

Post by SuG » Aug 20th, '08, 08:44

^ i'd thought the same thing too

waa~ can't wait for ep 7 XD

hanashi

Post by hanashi » Aug 20th, '08, 13:47

LOLLLL! :w00t: :w00t:
This show's really grabs my attention! XDD
Ep 5
In the end of the show!! Agaiin? "Thank you very much! Because of you I cancelled my wedding. Actually my fiance is.. A wedding swindler." LOLOLOLLL... XDDD And the way they take over the reservation.. XD

SnowyDreams

Post by SnowyDreams » Aug 22nd, '08, 15:13

Love Episode 7!
For Kumako x Riku fans:
Love the Yamada Yu - Mother-in-law scenes also!

crocus

Post by crocus » Aug 22nd, '08, 15:20

SnowyDreams wrote:Love Episode 7!
For Kumako x Riku fans:
Love the Yamada Yu - Mother-in-law scenes also!
i like it !!! :wub:

SHINATA :wub:

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Aug 23rd, '08, 01:03

The mother in law is hillarious! :lol
In ep8, seem like Riku will move out to another town! Noooooooooooooo.......
So, there are only 2 eps left right?

WinterParade

Post by WinterParade » Aug 23rd, '08, 07:10

Some pictures from ep 7
=OOO

Her expression is hilarious!

hollisterluv

Post by hollisterluv » Aug 28th, '08, 00:21

[quote="WinterParade"]Some pictures from ep 7
=OOO

Her expression is hilarious!

[/quote

o sweet :o haha they are holding hands

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Aug 29th, '08, 01:27

I wish more groups could Sub this. First five episodes were subbed very quickly. Looks like we'll have to wait a good few months until the remaining episodes are subbed.

hollisterluv

Post by hollisterluv » Aug 29th, '08, 01:39

Arsenal1508 wrote:I wish more groups could Sub this. First five episodes were subbed very quickly. Looks like we'll have to wait a good few months until the remaining episodes are subbed.
lol.. not a few good months more like another day or two... massuki, the group who hardsubbed the first 5 episodes fast went on vacation for 2 weeks. thats probably why you feel that way.. so right now they are working on episodes 6-8 and on the website, its shows their current progress on episode 6, which they are working on right now. it seems they're almost done with ep 6 :O i cant wait!

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Aug 29th, '08, 04:38

Just watched episode 8. Although I don't speak Japanese, this drama is surprisingly easy to understand. Between Seigi no Mikata and Yasuko to Kenji I definitely prefer Seigi no Mikata. Yasuko to Kenji has this Gokusenish feel to it (overacting, repetiveness, a fight at the end of each episode) and 23-year old Okura Tadayoshi can't possibly pass for a high schooler. There is no chemistry between the actors whatsoever and my overall impression of the drama is not very good.
Seigi no Mikata on the other hand has young yet very impressive cast. I think I am getting sick of mostly talentless Johnny's boys being everywhere and I am glad there are none in this drama. I am very impressed with Hongo Kanata's acting skills after watching the latest episode. With very little air-time he gets, he managed to portray his character's feelings very well. Hope his talent will be recognised.
P.S. I seriously LOVE Jyanbo, he is like a younger version of Goro =D

WinterParade

Post by WinterParade » Aug 29th, '08, 07:32

Pictures from episode 8.
omggggg!

Alecsa-chan

Re: Ringtone?

Post by Alecsa-chan » Aug 30th, '08, 17:28

zoreo09 wrote:Not sure if anyone's asked, but does anybody know where I can find a ringtone like "Kumako's" ? I like the screaming one for when her sister calls. :D
Ahh~ i second your question. The ringtone is just hilarious *me wants it*

Just seen the episode 6 thanks to the wonderfull team of Massuki :wub: It was a good episode (I especially LOLed at the mother in law she's crazy & funny) but the 7th episode looked far more interesteing from the pewviews. Cannot wait to watch it!!

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Aug 30th, '08, 19:16

I've just watched Ep. 6 and, again, there was a very obvious reference to Ponyo On The Cliff By The Sea! Is it a obscure way of advertising a feature film? And I also wonder whether the very plot of this episode (bootleg DVDs) is in a fact about unofficial Ponyo dvds… Anyway, it is the second time there is a reference to this recent film and it intrigues me.

Parth

Seigi no Mikata Yoko's Twist song

Post by Parth » Aug 30th, '08, 23:10

Does anybody have this song? I know the theme song that is played at the end, but I don't want that and have already found it. I would really like to make a ringtone out of track2 of this album:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/101113192 ... /info.html

02. 容子のツイスト。

Also, please don't say to rip it from the drama itself because they have the opening and closing credits vocalized every time this song is played, otherwise I would have done that.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 4th, '08, 06:12

Easily the best drama for this season! :thumright:

phlongforn

Post by phlongforn » Sep 4th, '08, 07:18

I love Shida Mirai.
That alone is enough, but I think the story-line writing is very good, also. And, it tickles my Occidental funny bone.
Although I cannot be choosy since any input is valuable for language study, it is so nice to have a show where gambarimashoo is not the constant theme.
I think the quarrel and gossip scenes also offer instruction in body language, or, at least as used by women. Ne-e...?

Miyoubi

Post by Miyoubi » Sep 4th, '08, 08:22

I really love this drama! (Currently watched till 7th ep). It's just so good, specially if you're a girl (because you'll understand it much more, lol). The older sister is DA BOSS. I'm her number 1 fan, lol. And Shida Mirai is just so cute :D.
But I don't want Riku to change schools! Oh well, we are only two eps (8-9) from the end anyway T_T

hanashi

Post by hanashi » Sep 4th, '08, 12:54

Miyoubi wrote:I really love this drama! (Currently watched till 7th ep). It's just so good, specially if you're a girl (because you'll understand it much more, lol). The older sister is DA BOSS. I'm her number 1 fan, lol. And Shida Mirai is just so cute :D.
But I don't want Riku to change schools! Oh well, we are only two eps (8-9) from the end anyway T_T
Oh, it's only 9 eps? :cry: :cry: I love this drama so much! But, I'm just thinking that Kumako should fight back even just once. It's irritating to see her like a.. slave... XD
But anyway. Shida Mirai was so cuteee! I love the way she's pouting, and how glad she was after had received a bribe from mother in law. LOL! Dancing around! XD XD ANd that song. Zun zun zun... XD XD

phlongforn

Post by phlongforn » Sep 4th, '08, 17:14

^^
Good point about the song.
And, in general, the soundtrack is very well done and adds to the mood and fun of the show.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Sep 4th, '08, 18:21

For the record, there are 10 episodes to this series. Next week episode will be last on Sep10.

http://www.ntv.co.jp/seigi/html/story/story10.html

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Sep 6th, '08, 05:58

Only 10 I wish it is longer. Looking forward for the next episode.

Azin_JPN

Post by Azin_JPN » Sep 6th, '08, 15:44

yeah, so sad, one thing I hate about Jdoramas is that they have only 9-12 eps only, too short to enjoy fully!!!

I want an SP, hehe!!!

Renoa Heartilly

Post by Renoa Heartilly » Sep 12th, '08, 02:46

is it me or the previews in episode 9 for what is coming up on episode 10
some of the clips dont show on episode 10 do they? like the 'sayonara' scene and kumako saying: oneechan @_@ in a surprised tone with a dark background?
waaah it ended XD i think i'm happy about the whole plot now~ <3 it was fun watching poor kumako get tortured all this time~ :wub:
i almost didnt believe Mirai was the same emo kid who acted alongside Kamenashi in sappuri XD this is a complete opposite role to that one *-* hohohoho ♥

i dont think i was able to hate any of the characters XD they were all just so awesome~ the one that didnt show up much was Naoki's brother, but i think they only added him to remove doubt that his brother is riku @_@" (at first i thought it would be a plot twist to have them as brothers, but the real younger brother changed that) why is riku living alone in his own apartment anyway :scratch: i mean he's a middle schooler, right?

i must admit i wasnt interested in it by the poster and synopsis, but i'm glad i tried the first episode *-* ~

well it was a fun ride XD probably the best (or only?) humor drama this season ♥
thank you Seigi no Mikata team, thank you fansub teams of all languages :salut:

Maho-chan

Post by Maho-chan » Sep 12th, '08, 04:44

I loved it but that fact the characters never change is somewhat of a problem for me i wish i never watched. sorry for those who loved it i just don;t accept "i was raised spoiled thats just who i am" thing. It was annoying to watch the sister struggle from 1-9 and ep 10 was too much.

kamkar1

Post by kamkar1 » Sep 12th, '08, 05:08

phlongforn wrote:I love Shida Mirai.
That alone is enough, but I think the story-line writing is very good, also. And, it tickles my Occidental funny bone.
Although I cannot be choosy since any input is valuable for language study, it is so nice to have a show where gambarimashoo is not the constant theme.
I think the quarrel and gossip scenes also offer instruction in body language, or, at least as used by women. Ne-e...?
Me too I agree with on every point. :cheers:

hanashi

Post by hanashi » Sep 12th, '08, 07:42

Maho-chan wrote:I loved it but that fact the characters never change is somewhat of a problem for me i wish i never watched. sorry for those who loved it i just don;t accept "i was raised spoiled thats just who i am" thing. It was annoying to watch the sister struggle from 1-9 and ep 10 was too much.
Exactly! That's why I said she should fight back even just once. I think it's not normal, being obedient like that, without complaining. But still a fun watching though! :lol
EPISODE 9!! Aaaah! LOL! I had a fun laugh while watching this episode. LMAO! Makiko's expression was ROFL, after Yoshikawa-san knows the fact that she's grumbling like hell. XD Gang! LOLOLOL! I wish I had its screencap. XD
Ah, Rikuu! I wish he would never transferred into another school! :cry: It's sad to see their relationship end up like that...

Jaja

Post by Jaja » Sep 12th, '08, 10:31

I just seen episode 9 and are they getting divorse?

Is this show based on a manga?

jewelchan

Post by jewelchan » Sep 12th, '08, 10:36

I just finished the last episode (Ep.10) and I can say that this show is surprisingly good. I didn't expect that I'd like this series this much. Well, the guys in this show, one who played Naoki and the boy who played Riku, are not my type at all and I usually don't pay much attention to the leading actresses :P. Anyway, it turned out that I really like Shida Mirai with her comedy role and Yamada Yu with her evil sister's role. ^_^

For Ep.10,
I even shed some tears for the scenes that the parents fought and the sisters cried. :cry: That's the only scene in the whole series that makes me cry though.

I also hope there are more scenes of Riku and Kumako. They are just so cute. :wub: I expected some hug or even a kiss at the end, but too bad there isn't any. T T.

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Sep 12th, '08, 11:06

Jaja wrote:Is this show based on a manga?
Yup. In July, the 6th volume was released, and it still continue.

A bit abt the manga (for those who have watched the drama to Ep10):
Chika in the manga didn't become nicer, and Chika-Yoko's battle is getting worse, as Riku-Yoko gets more and more closer. In the manga, Riku didn't get transfer at all.
After Yoko's nephew's birth, Yoko had to face a series of important exams, but Makiko kept bugging her like always, and Yoko only passed 1 exam. Oh yes, Naoki-Makiko's son's name is Yoshikawa Jun^^
Ahhhh.... I really hope there's a sequel!! (like Oniyome Nikki^^)

Dir.en.Rei

Post by Dir.en.Rei » Sep 12th, '08, 11:29

reading ppl's posts is making this drama sound promising. tbh I'm just in it for Mukai and Hongo XD

Salz

Post by Salz » Sep 12th, '08, 12:35

for people who have watch last ep how was it??
could u please spoil me with the ending especially what happen to Riku&Kumako???
i really hope there would be 2nd season or if not at least an SP and focus more on Riku&Kumako relationship more....

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 12th, '08, 14:23

Riku/Youko scenes in the Finale:
Well I skipped a lot of the first part since there was no subs but I can tell you that towards the end Chika visited her at her home, asking if she was going to stop Riku from leave (maybe?) Anyway, Youko couldn't go since Naoki and his parents had just arrived. After some crying from Youko and her sister and a pregnancy announcement her sister tells her to leave because there's somewhere she needs to be.

So Youko takes off running towards the train station, sees Riku, and also sees the train on it's way. She's standing on the opposite platform. I think it went something like this:

-Youko sees Train
Youko: "Riku!"
-Riku looks her way
Youko: "Okomoto Riku!" "I like you!" (I THINK she said that anyway)
- Train that had been coming blocks their view. Youko thinking that Riku would get on it turns around a little saddened then turns back to see Riku hadn't got on it.
- Next scene they're sitting on a bench, didn't quite catch what they were saying, but another train was coming and Riku was obviously getting on that one because he stood up. So he jumps on - stays silent the whole time mind you - they spend about 10 seconds looking at each other until the doors just about closed and he goes: "Kumako, me too" - door closes- and he mouths "I like you" to her through the panel. She understand cause' she nods at him, and then the rest of the scene is her chasing after the train in slow mo with some sweet music. Clique and cheesy but it was pretty sweet for me.

Anywho, people who CAN speak Japanese feel free to slam me down on any of the translations I did there. :P

Salz

Post by Salz » Sep 12th, '08, 14:57

thanks for the spoiler :D
but why does Riku still have to leave :cry: ????

Rori

Post by Rori » Sep 12th, '08, 15:01

I think it's because his dad was being transferred - which was mentioned in ep 8 or 9 - and Riku had the choice of staying with his mom or going with his dad. Chika seemed to think that if Youko didn't tell him to go then he wouldn't. I did skip some parts of the last few eps so I don't know if she ever got round to telling him not to leave. And I'm going to guess she didn't since he left anyway in the end.

Salz

Post by Salz » Sep 12th, '08, 15:04

i really hope there would be special to concluded RikiKumako story....

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Sep 13th, '08, 05:06

Oh man ep 9 was intense, you knew that she was going to implode but the question was when? Also poor turtles. :( wow didn't know you can drink turtles blood as well... :crazy:

BTW The Bill Gates comment made me laugh did not expect for her to say his name of all people.

joykimlee

Post by joykimlee » Sep 16th, '08, 17:41

My fav of the season. Simply hilarious n heart warming live action suitable for whole family to watch. Patiently waiting for ep 10 subs.

a2a

Post by a2a » Sep 16th, '08, 18:09

The ending was hilarious!
In the end Makiko didn't change at all! But it would be weird if she did. I think that her child is gonna order Youko around when it grows up! The Youko x Riku scenario ended abruptly and it did not show if they kept in touch after he left.
What I actually enjoyed the most was this show where the mother-in-law called to make complaints about Makiko! It's exactly the same as a popular show we got here where mothers-in-law fight with their daughters-in-law through telephone all the time! Lol!!!!
All in all it was one of my favorite dramas this season and I watched almost everything!

LukiaWhitney

Post by LukiaWhitney » Sep 17th, '08, 00:57

I love this drama~ It's so hilarious, and the roles were cast well. My favourite is...Okamoto Riku!
What kind of ending was that? Why not more Riku/Youko? Why not more of Riku? So did they keep in touch after he left? Why couldn't he not leave? *cries*

I wish there would be a special. Of course there'd be the normal stuff with Yamashita and Makiko, etc., but I would like it to show Chika finding someone, along with Youko and Riku having a happy ending, too. And also Jumbo!

meirre

Post by meirre » Sep 17th, '08, 02:41

i still have final epi to watch, i can't stop laughing watching onesama gets her nerves over foods hahahaha :D
i want more of youko- riku scenes!!! :-(
at first, I expecting only for kanata hongo (okamoto riku)
but I totally fall in love with this comedic drama
the casts was perfect, especially Shida Mirai, she's cute!

it's definitely the best drama !!

Guoniant

Post by Guoniant » Sep 17th, '08, 03:34

I loved this drama, esp the last episode :) I can't spoil it yet for those who haven't watched, but I liked the ending a lot.
There might be a lot of times where you think Makiko is maltreating Yoko too much that it's upsetting, but their inseparable bond, and the fact that Yoko really does love her sister (despite all the abuse she receives) makes it all good in the end...:roll
It's a comedy, like My sassy girl, so you can't take it seriously even if the relationship is totally abnormal (extreme SM), and you can't expect the characters to change and be a different person all of a sudden...it would be weird and it won't be a comedy.
This is a great drama when you want to relax without much thinking, and want to have some good laughs and heart-warming moments :wub:

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 17th, '08, 16:25

I actually really loved the ending. For one thing, it hasn't lost it's hilarious touch or it even is considered as one of the funniest episode of the entire series :lol . Makiko will never change, but I guess that's what you gotta love about her.
Haha pregnancy only made her more devilish. But wow all their acting was superb and I cried along with Makiko and Youko on that "outburst".

As for the relationship between Youko and Riku, I mean I think they are having a long distance relationship. It's already implied since they said I love you to each other right. Well if you ask me, I would like to see at least an SP and show the lovey dovey couples. Of course, between Youko X Riku and Makiko X Naoki and their baby.
Haha the comment where when the baby grows up and even treat Youko the same way as Makiko does is LOL, but at the same time kind of sad. She really needs to get away from her sister's grasp. I also loved the way Riku''s face had so much emotion on this episode. He was kind of stiff on the previous episodes but on this last one, we can really see how much he loves Youko. One of my all time favorite Jdorama. Can't wait for more Shida Mirai X Kanata Hongo dramas in the future.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Sep 17th, '08, 19:04

You know what's my best / funniest scene for the last episode?
The part where Makiko's cheeky whistle synced with the BGM. :lol

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Sep 17th, '08, 22:21

My favorite scene from the last episode was
when Makiko was basically interrogating Riku at their house. I think it was really funny how "the coolest guy in school" (who didn't always believe Kumako's stories about how bad her sister actually was) was groveling at her feet like the rest of them.
I'll miss this show tho. The plot wasn't that amazing and the episodes were a bit formulaic, but still, it was funnier than anything I've seen in a while and the actors were fabulous! Definitely the best drama of this season! :heart:

meirre

Post by meirre » Sep 18th, '08, 05:31

Makiko never change no matter what hahaha
so contradiction when youko tried her best to persuade naoki about makiko, while on the other side makiko messing up with youko's love llife by annoying riku, imitating the fart song is so irritated hahaha
I also wish they making SP

Miyoubi

Post by Miyoubi » Sep 19th, '08, 21:13

I have just finished watching ep 10 and I absolutely loved it. I laughed so many times :wub: . I'm going to miss this show for sure :cry: . For me it was the best one of the summer season (and I almost tried all of them). It was a simple drama based on a simple shoujo manga, in terms of plot, but it was also very funny and with a lot of lovable characters. It wouldn't be so funny if it weren't a bit absurd, so I'm fine with the way Youko is played around. We all would want more Riku x Youko, but that would need more episodes, since the main character of this story is actually Makiko, and it's just normal she gets most of the scenes.
The funniest moment of the last episode for me was that one in the restaurant when Naoki is talking big stuff and Makiko keeps eating and eating, then it seems she's starting to cry and.. just blurps, lol. I was drinking at that moment and I almost spilt it all, lol.
All the actors in this drama were great but I think the one that did it better was Yamada Yu (and I'm not even a fan of her :salut: )

lemonguy

Post by lemonguy » Sep 20th, '08, 08:39

The way yamada yu twitch her eyes when she not happy is classic. LOL. Always bring a smile whenever she does that.

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Sep 21st, '08, 08:58

I finished watching this drama yesterday. Thank you Massuki :cheers:

It was the best comedy this season afterall. I simply loved it. I enyoyed every moment. During the last episode there were funny scenes aswell as sad scenes. I was happy the way they ended the drama. It would have been out of the question for Makiko to become the nice sis :lol

But i didn't like how they left Youko/Riiku just like that. Like everyone else here i also hope for a sequel ! Maybe they will consider doing one after the manga is finished? Ahhh~ now i want to read the manga too as it sounds promising :mrgreen:

And the farting song XD Yamada Yu did a good job overall i agree (not her fan either).

Now comes my question. Has anyone came across the OST? I'm dying to listen again to the song that goes babababibaba whatever.

uchikins

Post by uchikins » Sep 24th, '08, 14:45

Seigi no Mikata is clearly one of the best dramas this year in my opinion, because it has everything in it to become epic. I just hope this won't be forgotten simply because there aren't any more famous actors in it (well, "famous" =/= Johnny's or alike, you know) since that would be a shame.
Yamada Yu, Mirai and Osamu did a really good job in it!

And yeah, just as everyone else I'm wishing for a SP or alike. I want more Youko/Riku-action, haha. I'm such a fangirl of romance.

cammy_blue

Post by cammy_blue » Sep 28th, '08, 18:45

I just finished it too. It was so funny. I wasn't a fan of Makiko, because she was quite awful, but the things Yamada Yu did for the character was hilarious! The looks she brought made me laugh everytime. I'm not a big Yamada Yu fan but she was great in this.
My other favourite scene happens to be Riku/Makiko. That fart song, so funny.

Youko was so cute. I also loved the facial expressions she did. Those really made me laugh but though, aww she's so cute. Like everyone else, I really wish something happened for Youko and Riku. They were just so cute together.

I've never seen..Hongo Kanata in happy drama before, or him really smiling, but he was in this drama. His scenes with Youko/Mirai were cute. I too wish there'd be a special with just Youko/Riku. She could visit him in Osaka.

heartfuldelights

Post by heartfuldelights » Sep 28th, '08, 21:47

I think some people on here might be interested in this, as I searched for it before and came upon requests in this thread.

So from episode 1 of SnM, I cut Youko's screaming ringtone for Makiko!
http://audiko.net/ringtone/Seigi+no+Mik ... am/en.html

I, personally, am going to use it for my sister :]

Feel free to repost anywhere, I don't really care if you credit, though a direct link to this thread would be nice XD

Spread the screaming love!

Oh, and sorry but you can hear a little bit of Youko breathing in terror in the background XD

lilchan

Post by lilchan » Oct 1st, '08, 08:04

is the Seigi no Mikata OST out for download?o.o

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Oct 2nd, '08, 23:04

heartfuldelights wrote:I think some people on here might be interested in this, as I searched for it before and came upon requests in this thread.

So from episode 1 of SnM, I cut Youko's screaming ringtone for Makiko!
http://audiko.net/ringtone/Seigi+no+Mik ... am/en.html

I, personally, am going to use it for my sister :]

Feel free to repost anywhere, I don't really care if you credit, though a direct link to this thread would be nice XD

Spread the screaming love!

Oh, and sorry but you can hear a little bit of Youko breathing in terror in the background XD
hahah.. that's nice from u :D arigato....Makiko was sometimes annoying yah but i miss her now XD

Yoshiko

Post by Yoshiko » Oct 3rd, '08, 10:27

Yay this is so funny drama. :alcoholic: I really enjoyed But I want see more. Maybe they worked on Season 2. Younger sister grow up, her lovelo back and her old sister have moore great idea's :mrgreen:

Very good drama
:alcoholic:

seroeh

Post by seroeh » Oct 3rd, '08, 10:44

Love this drama. The insane love for food is the greatest and i love the line "Mama, Nice!"

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Oct 4th, '08, 10:58

heartfuldelights: I'm your fan :w00t: Thank you for ripping off the scream!!
I'm going to use it for my sis too since she's quite as evil as Makiko :glare:

As for the OST i have no idea. I've been searching for it like crazy but i give up now *sniff sniff*

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Oct 11th, '08, 05:07

Mirai Shida -MADE- this drama. Without her, this drama would have been a flop. No doubt about it.

lilchan

Post by lilchan » Oct 13th, '08, 11:11

*sighs*
I really wanted the OST.
I can only hope it will pop up one day

Kanin

Post by Kanin » Nov 1st, '08, 12:23

OMG Shida Mirai is sooooo cute with all her expressions and she wasn't even supposed to be cute in any of her scenes. :lol

This drama was one of the best comedy dramas IMO and well compared to Nodame and Kekkon.

I have enjoyed all Mirai's drama except for Haha which wasn't that good in general so maybe not her fault. I hope she will be part of a romance drama some day or a more serious drama.

A clear 10/10 from me.

Silvestre
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Silvestre » Nov 10th, '08, 01:32

Shida Mirai is so awesome but the older sister is simply just too mean...btw what's up with the Riku and Youko thing anyway...the riku guy is simply too skinny, and i dont see anything great bout him...he really needs to eat more, i think haha...