"Prom Otoko" Returns! Senior Year 8808

The real life drama forum. Discuss your relationships or get to know the other members here.
gmak

"Prom Otoko" Returns! Senior Year 8808

Post by gmak » Aug 9th, '08, 05:47

hey all,
haven't written here in a while. hmmm, well, what can i say? new school year (last one-----finally), new friends, new clothes, and new relationships (not that i have one yet >.<) but anywayy,
this will be the new extension to the old "REAL-LIFE DENSHA OTOKO DAISAKUSEN" thread, and i will be sure to keep this one updated.

once again, i thank you all for your support in this upcoming year!

yoroshiku. :salut:

gmak

a rival appears!

Post by gmak » Aug 11th, '08, 04:54

well, here's the first update for the "prom otoko" thread.
and i have some interesting news. a family friend asked me to email this girl whom of which she knows well, being that this family friend works with the girls mother. this was like 3 months ago, and since then, the girl and i have been emailing and IM'ing. here's where it gets interesting. from what i hear, our family friend has been dropping hints to the girl (from now on, let's call her "coffee bean") about senior prom. since we are the same age, my family friend has been saying that i should ask this girl to prom, despite the fact that we live in different cities. "coffee bean" seems very nice and she seems to be into a lot of the things i'm into. now, this is just food for thought, but what do you guys think of maintaining a virtual relationship, and by this i mean one that depends solely on emailing and IM'ing? i'm not too sure what i think about "coffee bean" but from what i gather so far, she is super nice. she even sent me gifts that she bought from a college-visiting trip >.< and i don't mean just a postcard or a keychain. she sent an entire box of expensive chocolates!!!!
BUT HERE'S THE CATCH....
do you all remember "prom chair" (if not refer back to the "Real-life densha otoko daisakusen" thread)?
and if you do, then you'll probably have already guessed that i still hold feelings toward her. she seems to talk to me more this year despite the fact that her boyfriend is about to leave for college. although i don't know how their relationship will fare when he leaves, i do know that i still very much have feelings for this person. she's someone who i really want to get closer to; someone who i want to be more than just a friend to.
despite this fact,

what am i gonna do about "coffee bean"????????????

ChiisaiKouma

Post by ChiisaiKouma » Aug 21st, '08, 18:00

Hmm...anytime someone has a boyfriend it's difficult. I think it's best if you get to know coffee bean a bit better, since it seems like she is available and interested. At least she is available, you know? I spent some of high school pining after guys who had girlfriends and it turned out to not really be worth it, and I had a lot more fun hanging out with the unattached peoples. :P

gmak

Post by gmak » Aug 22nd, '08, 07:57

yeah, i hear ya.
i've talked with her for a while over IM since we don't live in the same state, but i've noticed that she's a bit clingy. idk. not to be mean, but a lot of the times she messages me, i feel annoyed, like she wants to talk at the wrong time kinda thing.
but anyway. i understand what you're saying, really, i do.
in regards to recieving her package, i was able to send her a little something that i bought in japan. it was waaaaay smaller than the package she sent, and it seemed that she didn't really like it :unsure:
gaaaah. i don't know what to do. "prom chair" is someone who i really want to get closer to, but this year, i hardly see her, since we don't have any classes together. i've had her in more than half of my classes for the past five years, and it's been kinda hard not being able to see or say hi to her everyday. =(((( it honestly makes me sad.

gmak

some good and bad news

Post by gmak » Oct 6th, '08, 10:28

hi everyone,
sorry for not updating in a while. but i do have some good news.
i am now in prom chair's english class!! we're both taking a college class at the state university. originally mine was on monday and wednesday and prom chair's was on tuesday and thursday with the same teacher. with a stroke of luck, i was able to transfer into her class due to a few seats that opened up in the tuesday/thursday class and a full class on monday/wednesday. i'm even sitting next to her =))))))))
but still, being that it's senior year, things are extremely stressful with college apps and student activities and of course, prom. prom chair is chairing prom again this year and i've been able to get onto the planning committee. but despite my efforts to get closer to her, i have yet to do much of anything. at this point, i'm really not sure what to do. but just being able to see her makes me so happy. i can't explain the feeling. :lol
sigh....i'm going absolutely nowhere.

milochel

Post by milochel » Nov 5th, '08, 07:03

hi gmak,
i was kinda bored and i stumbled on your prom otoko thread and it led me here. Seems as though you've kinda fallen for 'prom chair' but a word of caution, you don't want to stir things up between 'prom chair' and the bf (not that you are, but just in case).
About 'coffee bean' is she in japan too, just in a different state or sth? Personally I don't really fancy the whole virtual relationship thing but i guess you sending her a present in return was a nice gesture. Who cares if she didn't like it ? At least you were nice to send her one. (I would like one souvenir from JAPAN TOOO!! T.T)

It's been a month since your update. How's everything going now ?

gmak

late update

Post by gmak » Nov 5th, '08, 07:13

hi all,
well, just read the most recent reply to my thread. and here's my response to your questions.
well, things are progressing extremely slowly. coffee bean is lives in japan and she's going to europe next year, so i won't be communicating much with her for a while (not that we have been lately. we haven't talked in a while, and when we do, it's really brief)
as for prom chair, she's broken up with her bf (but they remain good friends) as he has gone off to college. we're in the same university prep class, which is really nice:) but i'm not making much progress with her relationship wise. idk what to do anymore. i'm really close to giving up and just being friends. gahhhhhhhh i seriously don't know what to do anymore. any advice???

prom otoko

gmak

update

Post by gmak » Nov 12th, '08, 08:29

hi all,
another update. well, i just got off the phone with prom chair..........
no not to ask her out.
just to tell her about a math assignment she missed at our university prep class.
it was so nice to hear her voice. just to talk to her. i was really happy i called.

but with senior prom right around the corner, the possibility of me asking her is still up in the air. i don't know what to do. should i just ask someone else (but who???)?

any advice? :whistling:

milochel

Post by milochel » Nov 12th, '08, 16:41

ask her!

gmak

Post by gmak » Nov 13th, '08, 05:07

:-( i honestly don't know if i can :pale:

milochel

Post by milochel » Nov 13th, '08, 08:30

you won't know if you don't try... besides.. what have you got to lose ?

gmak

Post by gmak » Nov 13th, '08, 08:48

that's true. i'll think about it some more. :unsure:

milochel

Post by milochel » Nov 13th, '08, 09:25

alright.. hope it all goes well for you! :) GAMBATTE kudasai~~!**

gmak

Post by gmak » Nov 13th, '08, 09:42

Thanks! I will!! :salut:

milochel

Post by milochel » Nov 13th, '08, 14:10

keep us (me) posted!!