Would you go to a drama convention?

Discuss about anything here that doesn't fit in the other categories. Just don't spam.

Should a Drama-Con Exist?

Yes
82%
No
9%
Maybe
6%
I don't know
3%

Total votes: 34

mahal_ki~lawl

Would you go to a drama convention?

Post by mahal_ki~lawl » Jul 7th, '08, 10:03

Does any feel the same way as I do and thinks a a drama-con should exist?
Stop me before I go to far but does a drama-con exist and if not how cool do u think it would be if there was one?

What would be the perfect drama-con?

Mainly what would you do at a drama-con?

mahal_ki~lawl

Post by mahal_ki~lawl » Jul 7th, '08, 10:11

Personally, a great drama-con would have all the actors, directors and writers as a panel to ask questions and autographs. Buy dvds of your favorite dramas. Also drama marathons in small theaters with fans. Always fun to have. Showcase the rooms they used in studios to film their scenes. Have workshops in how a tv show is made. Poster hunting and shirts.

There are a lot of things you can do in a convention.

minifussy

Post by minifussy » Jul 7th, '08, 10:28

Drama Con would be my idea of heaven

Just so long as people like Jun Matsumoto and Oguri Shun are there along with a nice collection of other happy actors who would be willing to have their photo done with me :-)

Keizou

Post by Keizou » Jul 8th, '08, 00:02

that would be cool even though drama haven't reached the mass popularity like anime....

however, I wouldn't want any cosplaying....that would just be weird.... :blink

mahal_ki~lawl

Post by mahal_ki~lawl » Jul 8th, '08, 01:37

cosplaying would be pretty wierd

i'd just try to get a cool Korean or Japanese hair style

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 8th, '08, 01:41

*imagines a room full of Winter Sonata Bae Yong Jun cosplayers*

......... that would be.... awesome.... there is not enough film in the world for that day.

*dies laughing*

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Jul 8th, '08, 02:01

Puppet Princess wrote:*imagines a room full of Winter Sonata Bae Yong Jun cosplayers*
what's so weird about that? i was just thinking of doing that. dang......

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Jul 8th, '08, 04:23

Hahahaha....@ Puppet Princess you make me laughed too :D....if it's in my area, I'll go, but not out of state :P....yeah it will be funny to see so many cosplayers....one of my friend usually went to animes conventions and do all that cosplay stuffs; with lots of pictures taking, it's so fun watching their pictures, some are so cute and some are so funny :lol....then dorama? hmmm :O :blink :unsure: :-) :D :lol....

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 8th, '08, 04:32

I would definitely go if my stars were there :w00t: :cheers: :mrgreen:

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Jul 8th, '08, 04:34

I'd totally go!! That'd be a lot of fun! :lol

Oh, jholic! Please cosplay! That'd be amazing :lol :lol

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Jul 8th, '08, 04:36

Drama is still very niche right now, but I've seen a "live action" presence at some anime conventions recently.

eltinator ran a small panel on Jdrama at the San Jose anime convention about 2 years ago, that I attended. It was rather small. :cry:

I recently attended the AX 2008 in Los Angeles and dramas were non-existent there. :cry:
I'm thinking of starting a drama panel back up again... or at least have a drama booth of some sort next year. We'll see. :|

AznAvenger

Post by AznAvenger » Jul 8th, '08, 04:43

I was at AX 2008 this last weekend as well and I too was wondering if one day drama would get big enough to warrant a convention. Anyways, amrayu, if you manage to get a booth next year, I'll make sure to stop by.

areea-chan

Post by areea-chan » Jul 8th, '08, 04:56

A Drama Con would be awesome, but there would be a lot of issues to resolve. For one thing, depending on where it's held, it might be difficult to book casts and crews. And if some of the really popular actors made appearances, chances are the place would be mobbed.

Still, I love the idea of having one. I always find it sad that there aren't more drama-related activities at conventions. Being a film production student, the differences in the filming and editing processes (i.e. why more shots/angles are chosen over others, how editing is done so quickly, how many takes are done) would be something I'd really love to hear about.

anglvue

Post by anglvue » Jul 8th, '08, 05:01

Keizou wrote:that would be cool even though drama haven't reached the mass popularity like anime....

however, I wouldn't want any cosplaying....that would just be weird.... :blink

I second that!!!!! Cosplaying would be weird.

Egg-chan

Post by Egg-chan » Jul 8th, '08, 05:03

lol well.. at a local anime convention this year I saw a Shuuji, Akira and Nobuta cosplay... of course I had to get a picture.. they were pretty awesome in my opinion :P

xvannie

Post by xvannie » Jul 8th, '08, 05:17

whoa thatd be a piece of heaven especially if youre a drama addict.
which means actors would be there & of course theres always free stuff at conventions! :D

ackirom

Post by ackirom » Jul 8th, '08, 05:45

Yes i would totally go to a drama convention. it should exist. i think that'd be cool.

Obviously the perfect drama-con would be one that's close by my place, with all the celebs that we watch in the dramas in attendance. BUT that ain't gonna happen.

Next best thing would be to hav it be like an anime convention. it'd be pretty dorky to go in the first place so cosplaying wouldn't be that much of a stretch. and YES i would TOTALLY love to cosplay though I might just chicken out in the end anyway :P so i'd just take pics of the ones that did. And if I could, I'd go as Kiha from The Legend. i'd hope they have like little booths were u can buy the accessories u see in the dramas like Kiha's hair accessories or the ones that all the ladies wore in Hwang Jin Yi or Nodame's bag or maybe, DVDs cheaper than on YesAsia with special features and director commentaries if at all.

And of course, like someone already said, it's a convention so there's bound to be free stuff! :cheers:

minifussy

Post by minifussy » Jul 8th, '08, 11:55

What would be good, is a D-Addicts convention. - Where we can get the autographs of famous (among d addicts) fansubbers - like gryzze and amrayu and meet them. And we could all go round with little name tags of our log in name. hehehe.

Am i the only one that associates conventions with autographs?

a2a

Post by a2a » Jul 8th, '08, 12:09

Drama-con huh? That would be pretty awesome but it's also pretty unrealistic. For one imagine the money the actors and their agencies would ask for! But still it's nice to dream!
I was thinking that it would be more like a festival than a convention though. Like the movie ones where actors and directors go. Open to the public of course! :D

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Jul 8th, '08, 12:13

I would go but i rather have a big ass festival with many asian actors..

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Jul 8th, '08, 15:45

If this ever happens, THAT WOULD BE REALLY COOL. Haha, I've been going to Comic Con every year and it's a great way to know what upcoming anime releases are in the US. There are also some booths that sell Asian Dramas. But if the whole convention was about dramas, that would be awesome.

But the thought of having all the stars to actually come to those things is only a far distant dream. I mean they're all so busy. But maybe once Asian actors / actresses are more accepted in the US, then advertising themselves wouldn't be such a bad idea, ne :D

AsianPlayer

Post by AsianPlayer » Jul 8th, '08, 15:47

Yeah. It would be pretty entertaining.

StarlightDreams

Post by StarlightDreams » Jul 8th, '08, 15:49

If one did exist, I would go. It should maybe have actresses and actors and directors and whatnot. And it should show some dramas, and previews of upcoming dramas. I wouldn't mind if one existed, I would want to go myself ^_^ it seems like it'd be fun.

animelvr

Post by animelvr » Jul 8th, '08, 16:10

Even if it was in the area, I wouldn't go unless there's going to an actor that I really like. I only have two actors I especially like, and I doubt any of them would really go to a drama-con mostly in the suburbs where I live. But I'd definitely go if at least one of my two actors that I like goes. Other than that, I probably wouldn't go...

mahal_ki~lawl

Post by mahal_ki~lawl » Jul 9th, '08, 07:51

animelvr
Even if it was in the area, I wouldn't go unless there's going to an actor that I really like. I only have two actors I especially like, and I doubt any of them would really go to a drama-con mostly in the suburbs where I live. But I'd definitely go if at least one of my two actors that I like goes. Other than that, I probably wouldn't go...
The reasons why I'd go to conventions is to know about upcoming stuff.

I think it would be a much funner sport than just browsing online for dramas.

Also, a big thing for me at a convention would be the FREEBIES.
Such as free shirts, posters, dvd's, cd's, drama figures?, oh the possibilities.

BTW.
Anyone going to comicon in San Diego?

KaliC007

Post by KaliC007 » Oct 28th, '08, 20:01

A drama convention that would be way cool. If they had one I would definitely go.

I think if they did have a drama convention it could open the doors of the drama world to areas that are not really familiar with them. Thus opening the doors to Asian actors and actresses in those areas. I would love to see more leading Asian males and females in American films.

Yeah a convention would be great!

noisia

Post by noisia » Nov 15th, '08, 21:56

I would definitely go to a drama con! Karaoke with romanji subs, actors and merchandise. Drama con would be good because you can meet other people who are also into dramas. It's pretty hard finding anyone in my area who actually likes watching asian dramas. Actually, I don't know anyone who watches dramas. :<

Do they have a drama con in Japan? If they don't have one there, I think it's an impossibility for there to be one in the US beforehand.

Hoshiko

Post by Hoshiko » Nov 15th, '08, 22:05

amrayu wrote:I recently attended the AX 2008 in Los Angeles and dramas were non-existent there. :cry:
I'm thinking of starting a drama panel back up again... or at least have a drama booth of some sort next year. We'll see. :|
No way........ you were there?! So was I! But I only went one day.. and that was the first day. =/

Starting a panel @ AX? XD That'd be soo cool!!