[Discussion] Celeb to Daihinmin (Ueto Aya&Kamiji Yusuke)

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
masaka___

Post by masaka___ » Nov 7th, '08, 00:55

I don't know if cheating is the issue.
In one of the flashbacks in episode 4, it seemed like the step-mom meddled with the relationship, and told the ex that he wasn't worthy of Alice. Alice and that guy were planning to meet at the airport, but then the guy left after the step-mom told him to GTFO... And then Alice was heartbroken, because he wasn't there when she got there.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Nov 7th, '08, 12:23

masaka___ wrote:I don't know if cheating is the issue.
In one of the flashbacks in episode 4, it seemed like the step-mom meddled with the relationship, and told the ex that he wasn't worthy of Alice. Alice and that guy were planning to meet at the airport, but then the guy left after the step-mom told him to GTFO... And then Alice was heartbroken, because he wasn't there when she got there.

yeah... cheating is not the issue...
I think the ex must be very angry that the stepmom told him off 5 years ago. he is back for revenge, trying his best to make alice detest him and so she will be with taro the poor guy. in that way, the thing the stepmom doesn't wan to happen (that is, alice with someone who is very poor) will happen.... gosh... this sounds so stupid and lame.... :scratch:
[/quote]

silencio

Post by silencio » Nov 7th, '08, 17:36

first aya ueto series watched.

-Kamiji acts like an anime character
-Kuninaka is a simple beauty. no need for make-up.
-Aya Ueto is... i dunno

will watch this series since i haven't watched Yamada Taro, so i'm not yet gagging with the cliches..

support Rollins!

aishii

Post by aishii » Nov 9th, '08, 12:26

silencio wrote: -Aya Ueto is... i dunno
Beautiful,kind,incredible,amazing,great actress,the cutest,the prettiest,intresting,funny,PERFECT?

you should see the other dramas aya was in, this is the first time that she acted like that :D

silencio

Post by silencio » Nov 9th, '08, 23:47

well, i have to agree, she is cute.... i just need to finish atleast 2 of her series to determine whether she's a great actress!

watching ep 2 now!

tavon1

Post by tavon1 » Nov 10th, '08, 01:10

Aya is the funniest. I saw some of her drama's.
My first drama I saw her in was hokaben(I am hopping they continue to sub it)

Kawai princess

Post by Kawai princess » Nov 10th, '08, 08:06

guys the sub for ep 3 and 4 is out :) enjoye it

Kawai princess

Post by Kawai princess » Nov 10th, '08, 16:45

ive just finished watching ep3 and it was the best ep so far it was way funnier and exciting than the 2 first episodes which made so excited to know what will happen next im so hating her step mom and im so in love with her cloth :)

Raleigh

Post by Raleigh » Nov 11th, '08, 13:46

^ Yes her outfits are definitely a plus to this dorama! Aya looks so fashionable in them!

aishii

Post by aishii » Nov 13th, '08, 18:28

^ yeshh loving all the outfits :wub:
i wonder what brand clothes she´s wearing

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Nov 13th, '08, 19:04

silencio wrote:Aya Ueto is... i dunno
yea i love her but to see just how talented and amazing and lovable an actress she is i'd recommend watching Attention Please and Ri Kouran SP (her best performance imo). she was great in Abarembo Mama too but the subs haven't been finished for this series yet. anyway yoroshiku.....

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Nov 13th, '08, 20:24

Overall, the story of this drama is pretty all over the place and there seems to be a lack of real continuity between episodes (or even within episodes), yet for some reason I don't find myself caring about this aspect too much. It's just one of those dramas where you don't have to think about anything and just have fun watching. It's definitely my favorite this season.

Kawai princess

Post by Kawai princess » Nov 14th, '08, 07:47

aishii wrote:^ yeshh loving all the outfits :wub:
i wonder what brand clothes she´s wearing
yeah me too i cant stop stearing in her outfits and in the end of every episode i wonder what she will be wearing next

Kawai princess

Post by Kawai princess » Nov 14th, '08, 08:09

HypnoSurf22 wrote:
yea i love her but to see just how talented and amazing and lovable an actress she is i'd recommend watching Attention Please and Ri Kouran SP (her best performance imo). she was great in Abarembo Mama too but the subs haven't been finished for this series yet. anyway yoroshiku.....
i totally agree with u also what i really love about her acting that she is so versatile she can pull out any character in azumi she was serious and strong and in attention please was so funny stupid i dont know if u watched Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003 its one of her oldest drama i think it was one of the best romantic drama yes i cried alot and it was sad but defintly the best if u didnt watch it i recomand u to watch it

Kawai princess

Post by Kawai princess » Nov 14th, '08, 08:21

celticmoon wrote:Overall, the story of this drama is pretty all over the place and there seems to be a lack of real continuity between episodes (or even within episodes), yet for some reason I don't find myself caring about this aspect too much. It's just one of those dramas where you don't have to think about anything and just have fun watching. It's definitely my favorite this season.
yeah me too its my fav and im glad the rating is up again in ep 4 it dropped to 11% and ep 5 its 14.9 which means all most 15% i think her drama suprised everyone because nobody paid much attention before it was aired and everyone thought that inncent love will have highest rating and most viewed but i guess the most viewd drama in Fuji TV is
celeb to binbo taro

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Nov 14th, '08, 18:14

Kawai princess wrote:yeah me too its my fav and im glad the rating is up again in ep 4 it dropped to 11% and ep 5 its 14.9 which means all most 15% i think her drama suprised everyone because nobody paid much attention before it was aired and everyone thought that inncent love will have highest rating and most viewed but i guess the most viewd drama in Fuji TV is
celeb to binbo taro
sure i've seen it. it was really good. say by any chance would you know where i could find the jpn subs of Hokaben or Abarenbo Mama? i'd love to try to complete the eng subs of these drama's.

Kawai princess

Post by Kawai princess » Nov 14th, '08, 19:53

HypnoSurf22 wrote:
Kawai princess wrote:yeah me too its my fav and im glad the rating is up again in ep 4 it dropped to 11% and ep 5 its 14.9 which means all most 15% i think her drama suprised everyone because nobody paid much attention before it was aired and everyone thought that inncent love will have highest rating and most viewed but i guess the most viewd drama in Fuji TV is
celeb to binbo taro
sure i've seen it. it was really good. say by any chance would you know where i could find the jpn subs of Hokaben or Abarenbo Mama? i'd love to try to complete the eng subs of these drama's.
yeah its here in d-addicts in the japanese sub section
((Hokaben))
this linke is from ep 1-4
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... _61979.htm
i couldnt find Abarenbo Mama sorry :-(
ps if u can sub please do it because group who diceded to sub they only sub untile ep 3 [/url]

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Nov 14th, '08, 20:22

Kawai princess wrote:
HypnoSurf22 wrote:
celeb to binbo taro
yeah its here in d-addicts in the japanese sub section
((Hokaben))
this linke is from ep 1-4
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopi ... _61979.htm
i couldnt find Abarenbo Mama sorry :-(
ps if u can sub please do it because group who diceded to sub they only sub untile ep 3 [/url]
Yes! Thank You so much. I could not find them before. Too bad ep 5 & 6 are missing, but anyway, I will do ep4 and see how it goes.

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Nov 17th, '08, 00:26

i'm loving this drama, especially the OST... btw, someone knows who sings the theme song? i tried looking in d addicts wiki page but i couldn't find it :-(

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Nov 17th, '08, 00:56

^^
haruna_hamasaki wrote: Theme song: Kimagure Romantic by Ikimonogakari
Insert song: Hero by Safarii

lenrasoon

Post by lenrasoon » Nov 17th, '08, 14:55

Thank you marienella_m!! ^_^'''''

chckboy5

Post by chckboy5 » Nov 19th, '08, 03:23

marienella_m wrote:^^
haruna_hamasaki wrote: Theme song: Kimagure Romantic by Ikimonogakari
Insert song: Hero by Safarii
anyone have the mp3s?

nofsummer

Post by nofsummer » Nov 19th, '08, 10:02

It's getting boring... but for the sake of entertaining myself with Aya's extremely interesting fashion sense... I shall prevail

jer5500

Post by jer5500 » Nov 24th, '08, 02:03

i did not think this drama was going to be any good even though i like every single drama aya ueto has been in before. so it came as a pleasant surprise that this drama is actually pretty good. sure it reminds you of hana yora no dango and yamada taro monogotari but the angle in which this drama is shot is some what different. supporting cast is good and the music is great. though i got to say i can pretty much guess where it will end after watching EP 6. either way i'm looking forward to be entertained and hopefully surpised with a twist in the plot though that might be unlikely

silencio

Post by silencio » Nov 25th, '08, 15:58

Kawai princess wrote:
HypnoSurf22 wrote:
i totally agree with u also what i really love about her acting that she is so versatile she can pull out any character in azumi she was serious and strong and in attention please was so funny stupid i dont know if u watched Kou Kou Kyoushi 2003 its one of her oldest drama i think it was one of the best romantic drama yes i cried alot and it was sad but defintly the best if u didnt watch it i recomand u to watch it
ok, thanks for your constructive comments! after watching ep. 3 and 4, let me rephrase my initial statement

Aya Ueto is .........
- so cute and fashionable in this series.
- shows signs of great acting.
- pretty.

yes, it took me that long to realize it. I'm gonna look out the series that you guys have recommended.

i kinda predicted the ending of ep. 4, looks like i'm joining the "tired of cliches" bandwagon :D

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Dec 2nd, '08, 22:39

The general response toward this drama on many Japanese Internet communities, particularly 2ch, seems to be mostly negative, and lukewarm at best. I understand where they're coming from, as there definitely are many inconsistencies within the characters and the story (most likely due to each episode being written by a different writer). However, I'm still continuing to find the drama to be quite entertaining and fun. Sure, it doesn't really have any value beyond that, but I think that its good to sometimes have dramas where you can just sit back and enjoy without having to think much about it.

In addition to this drama, I'm watching Ryusei no Kizuna and Innocent Love this season, but I think it's my favorite. Though Ryusei no Kizuna is a pretty close second, as it's starting to get better.

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Dec 4th, '08, 20:48

Does anyone know who plays the Princess of Alm in ep 6? This young girl is quite impressive (and I was surprised when she started speaking fluent japanese ^^)

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Dec 4th, '08, 23:04

kiddygrade wrote:Does anyone know who plays the Princess of Alm in ep 6? This young girl is quite impressive (and I was surprised when she started speaking fluent japanese ^^)
she's Ayaka Wilson
chckboy5 wrote: anyone have the mp3s?
Kimagure Romantic - Ikimonogakari
http://www.mediafire.com/?k5j0kgnztzm

Hachiko_

Post by Hachiko_ » Dec 5th, '08, 03:45

loving it, i was suprised that kamiji does an amazing job, i have only seen him in a movie playing a very small role, and also ueto as well REALLY big suprise but i love it..its definitely going on my top 10 ^_^

britoki

Post by britoki » Dec 7th, '08, 00:32

Does anyone recognize the song in Episode 08 that starts at 39:40?

I wish Shazam for iPhone worked on Japanese music!

kiddygrade

Post by kiddygrade » Dec 7th, '08, 11:32

marienella_m wrote:
she's Ayaka Wilson
Thanks very much, you are quite dependable as usual and I am very grateful :)

SUP3RGURL

Post by SUP3RGURL » Dec 14th, '08, 03:14

i love this drama and i absolutely adore aya shes so pretty in this drama
...i'm not gonna lie i like aya with her ex better than taro because he kinda pisses me off ...just a little

tsukushi

Post by tsukushi » Dec 14th, '08, 07:37

I also like her ex with aya.. they look good together

silencio

Post by silencio » Dec 17th, '08, 01:57

celeb backlog!!! i need to catch up!

Silvestre
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Silvestre » Dec 17th, '08, 02:10

this is so much better than Hokaben, maybe cause she can act more naturally here. In Hokaben she looks like trying too hard and struggling which is annoying simply because of the 'too'.

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Dec 17th, '08, 05:43

This drama has completely fallen apart with episodes 9 and 10. I was really liking it through episode three, and though it was somewhat of a hit and miss from episodes four to eight, I was still enjoying it quite a bit overall. But the turn of events in the newest two episodes is pretty ridiculous, and I'm starting to not like it so much anymore.. Since I've come this far, I'll definitely watch the series 'til the end, but I can't say that I'm satisfied with it anymore, as I wrote a couple of weeks ago.

Silvestre
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Silvestre » Dec 17th, '08, 15:42

yeah i tried to watch it without any sub, and pretty much could grasp the situation altho some details are not so clear to me since i can only understand just a little bit of japanese...i guess they want to twist it a bit before ending it with whatever ending they want to present...well that's a drama fulfilling its duty, i guess.

tgt_ir0n

Post by tgt_ir0n » Dec 17th, '08, 20:37

Does anyone know what that song is they are singing twice?

Rollins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rollins » Dec 18th, '08, 01:11

The Peanuts ザ・ピーナッツ - Koi no Fuga 恋のフーガ

Hydeister

Post by Hydeister » Dec 19th, '08, 08:56

celticmoon wrote:This drama has completely fallen apart with episodes 9 and 10. I was really liking it through episode three, and though it was somewhat of a hit and miss from episodes four to eight, I was still enjoying it quite a bit overall. But the turn of events in the newest two episodes is pretty ridiculous, and I'm starting to not like it so much anymore.. Since I've come this far, I'll definitely watch the series 'til the end, but I can't say that I'm satisfied with it anymore, as I wrote a couple of weeks ago.
I completely agree with you. Ep 10 was literally a joke, is that how twists are supposed to be? I thought this drama was great but as you said, "the turn of events in the newest two episodes is pretty ridiculous".

aishii

Post by aishii » Dec 19th, '08, 11:24

i´m still stuck at epi 5 but i found eisode 4-5 really strange..

i expected SOMETHING GREAT since the maker of this drama also did
hanazakari no kimitachi he.. :roll

Aya is the only thing that makes me want to finish the drama :P

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Dec 20th, '08, 07:31

This is show is getting so riduculous.. =.=!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Dec 20th, '08, 07:33

Yup...did not see that coming in Episode 9 ending.

I hope they get back to the pace of the show. It looks like they're trying to make a 2nd season in just 2 episodes....too much cramming :(.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Dec 20th, '08, 07:39

Too much ups and downs and twists here and there.. i was just expecting a really easy and light hearted drama.. not... erm... trash? lol

i laughed throughout epi 10, bcos it was so ridiculous and lame... not bcos i find it funny...

and seriously i cant understand how alice can afford all those thread after what happened in epi 9

HypnoSurf22

Post by HypnoSurf22 » Dec 20th, '08, 08:22

sadly i agree it's become really lame. i'll keep watching just because of aya.

fleng

Post by fleng » Dec 22nd, '08, 10:13

that Obama skit was really lame lol.. took me awhile to get whats happening until he said Yes we Can. The gag in this dorama are too far fetch and trying too hard that it's not funny :( Hana Kimi gags were one of the best :D

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Dec 22nd, '08, 10:23

fleng wrote:that Obama skit was really lame lol.. took me awhile to get whats happening until he said Yes we Can. The gag in this dorama are too far fetch and trying too hard that it's not funny :( Hana Kimi gags were one of the best :D

seriously... for me, till now, i still din get the obama skit... really out of place..

and i dun think hana kimi those r plain gags.. it is just natural humour.. it was so well done.. well placed in the drama.

Kawai princess

Post by Kawai princess » Dec 23rd, '08, 14:25

im still shocked from the twist i never thought that he will leave her in the wedding he broke her heart again

4ddd4

Post by 4ddd4 » Dec 23rd, '08, 23:02

celticmoon wrote:This drama has completely fallen apart with episodes 9 and 10. I was really liking it through episode three, and though it was somewhat of a hit and miss from episodes four to eight, I was still enjoying it quite a bit overall. But the turn of events in the newest two episodes is pretty ridiculous, and I'm starting to not like it so much anymore.. Since I've come this far, I'll definitely watch the series 'til the end, but I can't say that I'm satisfied with it anymore, as I wrote a couple of weeks ago.
I totally agree with you..Ueto is best in the role but let down by the plot...gave up watching by ep 8...cos its really messed up!

quandary

Post by quandary » Jan 1st, '09, 05:21

Somewhere, I think it was in the middle of episode 9, or thereabouts, this absurd thing decided to stop taking itself seriously and I've enjoyed it immensely ever since. Characters have personality transplants, but it's okay, really. Silliness is a state of grace and this proves it. Miura Reiko is so freakin' hawt, I can't stand it. What fun!

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 2nd, '09, 07:00

stupid drama... waste my time... it was good up till episode 8 onwards.

core2quadcore

Post by core2quadcore » Jan 4th, '09, 16:31

totemokakkoii wrote:stupid drama... waste my time... it was good up till episode 8 onwards.
lol, forget the other crappy episodes just focus on aya :mrgreen: ...hope to see the final subbed episode soon...

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Jan 5th, '09, 03:24

Well maybe if you can embrace the silliness you'll be able to enjoy it, by I personally just can't take it. It's annoying (esp the leading guy) and gets more ridiculous each episode. I continue to watch it because of Kashiwabara Takashi.. I miss the guy. But his character is also an ass. *sigh*

Jav_sol

Post by Jav_sol » Jan 9th, '09, 23:20

Just finished watching this today. I agree that the yelling by the main male character was annoying. Aya looked cute. It seemed like she changed nails as often as she changed clothes. :D

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 23rd, '09, 16:17

I know that the plot required that Alice temporarily "lose" all her wealth, but
the way that it happened was completely bizarre :scratch: . Gotoda "Bought the rights to manage the Mitazono Group" so therefore Alice and Makiko were penniless? I may not be an expert on corporate machinations or corporate law but that was just ridiculous. Err, do they not have personal bank accounts? I wondered why Alice's father wasn't mentioned at all, and the reason became clear at the end, which made the situation even sillier.

Also, the directing was a bit random, and episodes often seemed like they were from different series, they were so different.

Altogether it was often very annoying and often too silly for my tastes, but it did have its good points (especially Kuninaka Ryoko :wub: , and, oh, Aya too). Thank goodness I could skip the frequent painful bits.
I must confess that whenever I saw the title, the first thing that came to mind was "Celebrity Bimbo", of which the first person to come to mind is Paris Hilton, which makes me want to claw my eyes out. However, given that it seems that the "inspiration" for Alice's character was Paris, that was strangely appropriate.

Chriis06

Post by Chriis06 » Mar 8th, '09, 16:49

I love Celeb to Binbo Taro ; if I watched it it was because of Kamiji Yusuke .. but just at the beggining.. Finally I loved this drama for everything =)