3%
STAY AWAY (1)
1%

Total votes: 819

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Aug 9th, '06, 18:18

hana yori dango has been my first drama and since I've seen 50 series, but hanadan remains without a doubt the best drama of all of them!! I really look forward the sequel :D

kawaiichristianne

Post by kawaiichristianne » Aug 9th, '06, 19:44

nadesico wrote:hana yori dango has been my first drama and since I've seen 50 series, but hanadan remains without a doubt the best drama of all of them!! I really look forward the sequel :D
There's a sequel?! ^___^ YAY! I absolutely love this drama! I was sad that the length of the series was so short, though. I wished it was longer like the Meteor Garden series in Taiwan. Jun is so kawaii! He played Domyouji so well, and Inoue was so good at playing Tsukushi :D I loved it; They made the whole drama soooo good! And there's going to be a sequel! :lol Oh, I can't wait!

chunny

Post by chunny » Aug 11th, '06, 13:37

ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!
Season 2 is confirmed!Season 2 is confirmed!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!

enuyasha

Post by enuyasha » Aug 13th, '06, 01:17

I liked this series all the up till the ending!

The ending really sucked!

It's like they ran out of ideas and out of time and just made some stupid contest, very disappointing.
The English part was really stupid and just horrific to hear, they should've had a translator for the english part LOL.

and playing with the kids for the final round! WTF were the writers thinking???
Were they all drunk!

Lately, it seems like either the storylines aren't that good, silly, or just weird.

Thank god jdramas are short and not like kdramas.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Aug 14th, '06, 10:45

enuyasha wrote: It's like they ran out of ideas and out of time and just made some stupid contest, very disappointing.
and playing with the kids for the final round! WTF were the writers thinking???
Were they all drunk!
You're obviously new to Hanadan. Otherwise you'd know that they adapted the series from a manga, hence if there was anyone that was drunk it was the mangaka. And even if so, the contest was rather popular among the readers so you're probably alone with the opinion. :P

shades of truth

Post by shades of truth » Aug 16th, '06, 02:39

i looooooooooooooooooooooove HYD! i think the story is like a cinderella story with a hell of a lot more twists. the author...ermm..hanadan is a mordern day jane austin! anyhoo...here's my two cents.

i watched meteor garden first...and fell in love with it. that's how i got to know hyd and started to watch the japanese version. i dont think you could compare the two since there's more differences than similarities. but you could sooo tell that meteor garden was on a tight budget. lol i wish they gave the pretty boys NICER clothes!! i mean my god, they were wearing rags compare to what the jap boys were wearing! but to be on such a tight budget and produce such great series is impressive to say the least. i heard that HYD is THE most expensive jdorama ever produced in japan. one word: DANG! it really did take your breathe way when i saw Doumyouji and Shizuk's house.

anyhoo...i got a question im just ithcing to ask, someone here on the forum said that the manga ended in 2003? or something? than how come there was an anime made in 1996-1997? im just confused...hope someone could clearify it for me. :-)

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Aug 16th, '06, 20:26

shades of truth wrote: anyhoo...i got a question im just ithcing to ask, someone here on the forum said that the manga ended in 2003? or something? than how come there was an anime made in 1996-1997? im just confused...hope someone could clearify it for me. :-)
Hi!!!
It's true... HYD manga only ended in 2003.
HYD anime started in 1996 and ended in 1997
And has 51 ep. with 23 minutes each one...
They did the HYD anime before HYD manga ended...
Pretty much HYD anime follows until when manga was released in 1997...
That was the 18 vol.
Then HYD manga has 36 vols.so half of the history don't have in HYD anime..
They made a different end to HYD anime...

The same thing happened with both Meteor garden...

Meteor Garden that is from 2001. that follows HYD manga until ( if i'm not mistake) vol 32
And give a different end.. ( for me the best end of HYD.. a happy but not to much happy end)

And Meteor Garden 2 that is from 2002. That take the 'tsukasa lost memory' plot (from vol 33 and 34) ... and made 27 ep..
from just ONE vol. from HYD Manga...
Really horrible...

HYD J-Drama, is the fist version to be done after HYD Manga ended...
But again.. Yoko Kamio released this year a new chapter from HYD...
( the history line is one year after Doumyouji leaves)
So nobody knows.. if will be more coming...

shades of truth

Post by shades of truth » Aug 16th, '06, 21:32

--makino_sanbr

OH MY GOD!! SO THERE'S A ENDING THAT I NEVER SAW?!?!? what?!?! what is this?! lol im going hysterical right now. so so so ...like all the meteor garden...anime and everything...none of them have the actual ending liek the one in the manga?! hahahahaha oh my god! i've never heard of anything like that. the actual story that all the shows are based on wasn't even finished and they made like....5 version of it already?! lol that makes me laugh. well so the jap HYD is the most accurate? i mean like compared to the manga? (never read it before)

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Aug 17th, '06, 23:35

shades of truth wrote:--makino_sanbr

OH MY GOD!! SO THERE'S A ENDING THAT I NEVER SAW?!?!? what?!?! what is this?! lol im going hysterical right now. so so so ...like all the meteor garden...anime and everything...none of them have the actual ending liek the one in the manga?! hahahahaha oh my god! i've never heard of anything like that. the actual story that all the shows are based on wasn't even finished and they made like....5 version of it already?! lol that makes me laugh. well so the jap HYD is the most accurate? i mean like compared to the manga? (never read it before)
Hi!!!
well.. calm now.. *breath please** XD~
Yes, they are different endings... But they pretty much follow some lines that remmember HYD manga.
In HYD manga a lot of things happened.. Really a lot... is 36 vol!!!!!!
Has a lot of story there so...
You have to think that all this versions has some circumstance that were different to HYD manga leading to a kind of different end...
They are HYD versions...

There are differences but they are not so different like that...
Even J-Drama didn't really follow HYD manga...
and more...
I think that the version that is more different is the J-drama one..
They condenced and cut a lot of things..
But they did a really good job that maintened the HYD 'essence'
Not like MG2... that is really another story... don't have anything to do with HYD.

But i recommend if really like HYD story ready HYD manga...and choose what version you like more... XD~
because I think that who read HYD manga can understand all the differences..

Spoiler about the different endings
Pretty much all the endings are about how Tsukushi and Tsukasa will face his mom...
IIn HYD anime and Meteor Garden.. they obtain a 'armistice' with doumiyouji mom's...
So they are Happy endings...
They ending up together in Japan (taiwan.. XD~)

(I will not talk about Mg2... :glare: )

In HYD manga they obtain this 'armistice' but there were another problem... and the ending is similar to the J-drama...
Because Tsukasa leaves
But he leaves because he takes and assumes as a Man his responsability with Doumiyouji enterprises and family.
there's nothing to do with his mom... Is his decision go to NY take care of his family business...and is makino decision to stay at Japan..
So they are apart in the end but with a promissed
... pretty much as J-drama, huh?
@MINNA

every one already post at TBS website about what yours 'wanted scene'???
I'm curious to know what did you guys put!!!!

And.. other thing
They are showing a HYD 2 COMERCIAl!!!!!
There isn't new scenes... but you can hear again Makino and tsukasa yelling each other...XD

[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4805/hyd24mm0.jpg[/img]

HYD 2 in january!!! \o/

To download:
http://z13.zupload.com/download.php?fil ... path=45097

Credits arwenna clubbox[/img]

shiruchan

Post by shiruchan » Aug 18th, '06, 23:59

@makinosan_br, Thanks so much for this!!! I´m sooo happy that we´re going to see a season 2 of Hanadan!

Oh, yes! I´ve already wrote there! Just like you, I´m starting to imagine how the story is going to be. But basically, I hope more romance to be shown in this season 2! Don´t you think it would be interesting to see Amon on this part 2 (so we could see 2 versions of MatsuJun! Hahahahahahaha! Straight hair x Curly hair)? But Amon seems a little unreasonable.

I would love to see Shigeru, since she´s one of my favorite characters.

But at most, the bus scene! I love this one! And I hope they´ll do it properly this time, not the mess they did with saturn´s necklace scene, the "i believe you" scene, and the cookies scene. They were cute in drama, but could´ve been better.

Oh Gosh, in january seems I´m going to be active again in this topic! hahahahahaha!!!

~Ayame~

Post by ~Ayame~ » Aug 28th, '06, 03:26

O.M.G!!! I've watches Hana Yori Dango for several times!!
Jun and Mao so sweet in there!!
What a lovely couple!!! ^^

I hope in HYD 2, they can act better!!!

Akasha

Post by Akasha » Aug 28th, '06, 06:44

Hello,

Does anyone know the song played in this drama whenever something sad or sweet happens? It was sung by a female.
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I'm so lazy to browse through all the pages.hehehe =D

Hope you could help me. Thank you so much!

<3s-tei.

Post by <3s-tei. » Aug 28th, '06, 13:57

Planetarium by Ai Otsuka.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zhdfp_ySDVw
Umm... Haven't heard this song in a long time ^_^.

~Ayame~

Post by ~Ayame~ » Aug 28th, '06, 23:56

Planetarium is very good...
O.M.G, the music is very romance.....
I heard Otsuka Ai wrote the lyrics by herself

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Aug 29th, '06, 02:20

^ Otsuka Ai is a true singer-songwriter, so she actually composes pretty much all of her music in addition to writing the lyrics...
:)

~Ayame~

Post by ~Ayame~ » Aug 29th, '06, 15:07

I've also already heard one of his song, Cherish...
That song is very good and I think very good for insert song in HYD 2... ^^

Elanora

Post by Elanora » Aug 29th, '06, 20:33

^ Yeah I really like that song too =3
Wahh I really like this serie =3 I think it's my favorite jdrama!~ I can't wait for the second season and the movie... was it true that there is going to be a movie O__o;;?

~Ayame~

Post by ~Ayame~ » Aug 30th, '06, 13:08

I think yes... the movie will be air in 2008!!
Oh... it is so long!!!!

oceanic

Post by oceanic » Sep 24th, '06, 23:13

At first, I couldnt understand what's with the fuss with this one after seeing the Taiwanese Idol drama - Meteor Garden. I mean, that one was not bad, though I really dislike Big S being casted. Jerry wasnt too bad in his acting.

But, I finished this JDrama this week.
:w00t: Now I konw what it's all about.
Let's be fair, the F4 werent very good looking compared to the Taiwanese one. :X
As the serie progresses, I guess I finally got used to the four actors here.
But their acting are way superior and constant, also laughter all the way.
It's fast and compact. Really nice. Flows smoothly too~
The only difference is being only 9 episodes ( there didnt use 2 episodes time!! >.<), there isnt much space for a lot of story development apart from the main ones.

I love INOUE MAO's acting. So kawai and tough at the same time.
DOMYOJI TSUKASA / MATUMOTO JUN managed to keep his character's unique traits til the end, with subtle differences of the before and after falling for Makino.
Mrs DOMYOJI's great. Someone you wouldnt want to mess with... :lol
Great screen presence from her!

Also, the superiority and richness is clear cut here in Hana Yori Donga for the 4 Flower Boys from the rest of the other rich kids.
Couldnt praise the drama enough for all it has to offer. :wub:

In a few more months, the Season 2 will broadcast! :mrgreen:
I didnt bother watching the second one by Taiwan F4, but only saw clips in a fan made MV. Heard that it wasnt interesting either.
Now, I cant wait for this.
~Ayame~ wrote:I think yes... the movie will be air in 2008!!
Oh... it is so long!!!!
Wow. :blink
A movie in the tow as well?
Same casting?

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Sep 24th, '06, 23:55

~Ayame~ wrote:I think yes... the movie will be air in 2008!!
Oh... it is so long!!!!
EEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH a movie?!?!
wow... that's exciting! :D :D
they better keep the same cast. even for the smaller roles like yuki and the dango shop lady (LoL, i loved her so much).

~Ayame~

Post by ~Ayame~ » Sep 25th, '06, 11:43

Well... hopefully it will be with the same cast... :D

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Sep 29th, '06, 03:32

Hi minna!
Just to put some news...
Matumoto Jun at Arashi's Show in korea said that he will be filming soon HYD.
\o/~~~
I can't believe that in couple months we will be seeing HYD 2!!!! :cheers:

shiruchan wrote:@makinosan_br, Thanks so much for this!!! I´m sooo happy that we´re going to see a season 2 of Hanadan!

Oh, yes! I´ve already wrote there! Just like you, I´m starting to imagine how the story is going to be. But basically, I hope more romance to be shown in this season 2! Don´t you think it would be interesting to see Amon on this part 2 (so we could see 2 versions of MatsuJun! Hahahahahahaha! Straight hair x Curly hair)? But Amon seems a little unreasonable.

I would love to see Shigeru, since she´s one of my favorite characters.

But at most, the bus scene! I love this one! And I hope they´ll do it properly this time, not the mess they did with saturn´s necklace scene, the "i believe you" scene, and the cookies scene. They were cute in drama, but could´ve been better.

Oh Gosh, in january seems I´m going to be active again in this topic! hahahahahaha!!!
Hi Shiruchan
I didn't see your message O_O
( sou mesmo muito desligada!!!)
But have talked with u about this.. anyway i will put my answer here too..

I pretty much asked the same thing than you..
I said that i would love to see Amon.. and all that part about runaway from spies..
And ask for the Bus scene!!!!
Is TOTALLY my favorite scene...
I like the rain scene too but.. everybody was already asking.. and i don't want they apart in this second season >_<''
And i said the exatly same thing about the 'saturn necklace scene'... i wrote that was already showed.. but i really REALLY wanted to see the scene with at saturn necklace
as in the manga ^_^
I'm really anxious waiting for HYD2

LoveWillB4U

Post by LoveWillB4U » Sep 29th, '06, 03:56

Seriously... how did this drama alter your lifestyle/choices? Please tell me... I am interested... I loved the show just like everyone else but come on lol... ok I'll shut up now :P

makino_sanbr

Post by makino_sanbr » Oct 15th, '06, 02:06

Hi LoveWillB4U
I don't know for the other 270 person that vote that the drama changed their lives...
well.. isn't the drama that chance my life... but read HYD really...
For a story that i wasn't give anything .. they cath me .. and now seems that i really now the characteres in person...
I really like the story... and i just want to talk about a story that i can't get tired to see...

Minna!!!!

started!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Arashi fans are saying that Jun already have Doumyouji's hair!!!!
Yeah! He will be filming the HYD2!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND
Seems that Jun and Inoue Mao are going to film in NY!!!!
:w00t:
Credits to http://arashi.vox.com/

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 2nd, '06, 08:55

oceanic wrote: Let's be fair, the F4 werent very good looking compared to the Taiwanese one. :X
As the serie progresses, I guess I finally got used to the four actors here.
But their acting are way superior and constant, also laughter all the way.
It's fast and compact. Really nice. Flows smoothly too~
The only difference is being only 9 episodes ( there didnt use 2 episodes time!! >.<), there isnt much space for a lot of story development apart from the main ones.

I love INOUE MAO's acting. So kawai and tough at the same time.
DOMYOJI TSUKASA / MATUMOTO JUN managed to keep his character's unique traits til the end, with subtle differences of the before and after falling for Makino.
Mrs DOMYOJI's great. Someone you wouldnt want to mess with... :lol
Great screen presence from her!

Also, the superiority and richness is clear cut here in Hana Yori Donga for the 4 Flower Boys from the rest of the other rich kids.
Couldnt praise the drama enough for all it has to offer. :wub:
Hey, that's almost the same as me :lol But at last I have to say I prefer the TW Version MG (but only the first season.. don't know, why there had to be such a bad second season :blink ).

But for HYD itself it's worth watching.. even if F4 is not that good looking :D

abbycco

Post by abbycco » Nov 2nd, '06, 13:41

I'm so excited for the second season! I think the ending of the first season in japanese was better than the taiwanese version. But, that's just me. Hahaha!

I don't know if this was posted before. Anyways, check this out.

Are they really going to do 15 episodes for the next season? *insert fangirl squeal* :cheers: :w00t:

littledraci

Post by littledraci » Nov 2nd, '06, 13:56

Well, I thought after watching HYD that it ends right in the middle..

I watched MG before as one of my first dramas so... the thing that he want to go away from her happend there almost in the middle of the season...then he comes back and so on...and then the ending.

So I'm looking forward to see the HDY 2 too :cheers: :lol perhaps HDY 1 & 2 together get over MG :blink and make a whole story.

thislove

Post by thislove » Nov 4th, '06, 02:40

It's a must watch for me. Worth it especially with Matsumoto Jun :wub:

clunar13

HYD2

Post by clunar13 » Apr 1st, '07, 10:53

THe chinese version is nothing compared to this! Both part 1 and 2!! eventhough i'm part chinese part japanese i still say the japanese version is the best. I just finished watching HYD 2! BEST BEST BEST!!! I wanna scream it lol! Best acting from Matsumoto Jun as usual! ^_^

Can'T wait for the movie!!!

gmak

Has Anyone Seen Hana Yori Dango 1/2?

Post by gmak » Apr 26th, '07, 02:16

I just finished Hana Yori Dango series 1 and 2, and i loved it!!!!!!!!!
Inoue Mao as Makino Tsukushi was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope she appears in other dramas real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone know what other series she has starred in as the main character???

BouncinOFFthe WALLS

OMG !!! it so good!!!

Post by BouncinOFFthe WALLS » Apr 26th, '07, 02:32

:D Hana Yori Dango one and two were awesome, but the ending for Hana Yori Dango was kinda weird. Wasn't that good, but the rest was AWESOME!!!! I think Rui is like so CUTE !!! I also think that Hana YOri Dango is so much better than Meteor Garden 1 and 2. Hana Yori Dango was way more interesting.

groink

Post by groink » Apr 26th, '07, 02:47

Moderators - please merge with the following topic:

[Discussion] Hana Yori Dango (Meteor Garden Manga) jdrama
http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21851

kunornadia

Post by kunornadia » May 3rd, '07, 05:29

Any J-dorama fans should watch this.
Fans of Meteor Garden should watch this too since it is the original version of Meteor Garden.
Plus,Matsumoto Jun and Oguri Shun looked cute in this drama.

kezsh

Post by kezsh » May 5th, '07, 14:40

Life Altering! I cant seem to get out of my system yet. My first J-Drama and it made me addicted to watch more of JDramas.. My transition from K-TW to J- Dramas starts here.. This is way better than Meteor Garden. Esp a big salute to HYD 2- it was far more interesting and not dragging at all compared to MG 2. :-)

tonks

Post by tonks » May 23rd, '07, 17:07

I only just finished watching the first season and it was so life-altering for me! :) Honestly, I didn't expect it to be so, since I was kinda hesistant to watch this drama at first.. Since this is the third version of HanaDan I'm going to see, I thought before that it wouldn't be so exciting, but how very wrong am I! I'm just so glad I decided to watch this show! totally love it!

o0glad2bbiba0o

Post by o0glad2bbiba0o » Jun 18th, '07, 03:02

ive just finished 1 & 2. i think its better than metoer garden! & i really like Domyouji! He's so childishly cute! :lol :lol The taiwanese counterpart (played by jerry yan) didnt give much of that side. :-) oh i totally love domyouji!! :w00t: :w00t:

whitetailz

Hana yori dango soundtrack (the song sang by a female in ep2

Post by whitetailz » Aug 16th, '07, 16:24

Hi,
I just started watching Hana yori dango season 1 and really loved the song sang by a female in episode 2 and 3...I downloaded the sound track from http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_26478.htm but I couldn't find it in there. Would someone be able to tell me the name of the song, please?

amz_dreamz

Post by amz_dreamz » Aug 16th, '07, 16:37

did you mean Ai Otsuka - Planetarium?

bitt3r--sweet

Post by bitt3r--sweet » Aug 16th, '07, 16:39

I think the song you're looking for is Planetarium - Otsuka Ai

whitetailz

Post by whitetailz » Aug 16th, '07, 18:34

I wish there was an emote for a bow. My sincerest gratitude to amz_dreamz and bitt3r--sweet :D

arabian

Post by arabian » Aug 16th, '07, 18:48

u can find the OST for the drama :

We Love Asian OST

scaturan

Post by scaturan » Aug 22nd, '07, 11:37

just finished watching the entire Season 1 and 2 - highly recommended I must say. Thanks very much to those providing the RAWs and subtitles, cleared up a lot of confusion since my native language isn't Japanese.

Unfortunately, the DVD box releases for both don't come without English subtitles, so I'm debating whether to spend $150+ for each.

If you like My Boss, My Hero - you cannot miss out on Hana Yori Dango. great performance by Mao Inoue, Nanako Matsushima, Erika Toda, the F4 crew and many others.

endoftime

Hana Yori Dango: Licensed?

Post by endoftime » Aug 23rd, '07, 03:05

Has HYD been licensed? If so, by what company? A friend went onto Crunchy Roll and said that it was removed due to licensing, so I'm wondering who picked it up.

Have more J-Dramas been licensed as well?

If it's the only one, I guess it shows just how popular the series is!

groink

Post by groink » Aug 23rd, '07, 03:20

Well, if you really think about it, ALL dramas are licensed - even if they don't leave their country of origin. It is just that the Japanese organizations - especially JASRAC - are active in shutting down streaming of their clients' works. So far, I've only seen Japanese music being shut down (PVs). This is the first time I've seen a Japanese TV drama (it is a TV drama, and not anime, right?) being shut down.

--- groink

Magicus

Post by Magicus » Aug 23rd, '07, 23:06

groink wrote:Well, if you really think about it, ALL dramas are licensed - even if they don't leave their country of origin. It is just that the Japanese organizations - especially JASRAC - are active in shutting down streaming of their clients' works. So far, I've only seen Japanese music being shut down (PVs). This is the first time I've seen a Japanese TV drama (it is a TV drama, and not anime, right?) being shut down.

--- groink
I know that TBS has already cracked down on youtube many times but this is the first jdrama from crunchyroll I've seen removed. If TBS is going to do the same thing that they did at youtube I'm assuming that pretty much all dramas licensed by them will be taken down from crunchyroll within the next couple months.

LovableTenshi

Post by LovableTenshi » Feb 18th, '08, 04:23

I've heard so much about this drama and I'm finally getting around to watching it. Aside from the onslaught of cliches and over-the-top moments, it's fairly cute and has gotten a couple of laughs out of me (mostly MatsuJun's character). But holy crap I'm starting to hate Makino. Do Japanese people have a thing for stupid, timid girls who don't do anything other than flail their arms and cry when other girls yank them down a hallway by their hair? You have LEGS. You can KICK. Watching her for extended periods of time leaves a nasty feeling in my stomach.

Shanti

Post by Shanti » Feb 19th, '08, 10:02

great drama. Makino is a wonderful character in 1! especially. In S2 I really wanted to kick Domyouji for some of the things he did. But I would still recommend this drama, 5\5 Watch it.

keldy

Post by keldy » Feb 21st, '08, 06:51

HYD is my favorite drama of all..I became drama-addicts because of this series :P
Recommended to you all..5/5..It's better than Taiwan version IMHO..

annasly

Post by annasly » Mar 2nd, '08, 17:39

I'll have to agree....I like the Japanese version better. I hesitated in watching the Japanese version a year ago, because first glance at the main actor, it turned me off. I didn't care much for his looks.....but after a year of watching other Jdrama's and LOVING Kat-tun and finally knowing seeing Arashi.....I made the best decision in my drama life to give it another chance...Glad I did, because I finished it in ONE day...and cannot wait to start season 2.

So I'll have to agree that we cannot judge a book by it's cover....because his looks and character was more believable than Jerry Yan....:-)

marie_23

Post by marie_23 » Mar 2nd, '08, 18:07

annasly wrote:I'll have to agree....I like the Japanese version better. I hesitated in watching the Japanese version a year ago, because first glance at the main actor, it turned me off. I didn't care much for his looks.....but after a year of watching other Jdrama's and LOVING Kat-tun and finally knowing seeing Arashi.....I made the best decision in my drama life to give it another chance...Glad I did, because I finished it in ONE day...and cannot wait to start season 2.

So I'll have to agree that we cannot judge a book by it's cover....because his looks and character was more believable than Jerry Yan....:-)
I know what you mean I did the same thing when I first saw who would play the main male actor. I was like Jun does not look like how I thought Domyoji would be in the drama. However, after given the first three episodes a try I came way thinking :O wow this guy is good at playing Domyoji.

Now, I can't imagine anyone else playing Domyoji but only Matsujun. The same can be said for Mao as Makino.

eilla

Post by eilla » May 1st, '08, 16:47

Great, great, great. Nice acting, interesting story, very funny :)

neuhikari

Post by neuhikari » May 4th, '08, 15:06

well I have watched but It was dissapointing they mixed everything. but the characters were a very good choice and I really liked Abe Tsujoshi he acted as Akira i really really liked that guy.

leenzy

Post by leenzy » May 14th, '08, 02:13

HYD was a GREAt drama :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: !!!t..i juz finished both seasons in juz 1 nite!!..huaaaaaaaaaaa... i dunno y couldn't stop crying.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: .very touching!!! i'm very sad when Makino suddenly she got RED NOTICE..and almost to b rape...thanks to Hanazawa Rui..her lifesaver !!! all characters was GREAT especially, the F4 group especially HANAZAWA RUI :heart: :heart: :heart: !!...i love Oguri Shun :heart: :heart: :heart: !!!...eheh...he was so CooL!!..but i'm sad coz he cant get what he want in both seasons... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: i'm hoping that Makino fall in love with Hanazawa Rui, but destiny is destiny rite?? Tsukushi with Tsukasa... :whistling:

SOGBA

Post by SOGBA » Jun 30th, '08, 18:47

This was one of the best dramas i have watched and very well done :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
this is the drama that got me into asian dramas i watch so much of it now
It was written well, acting was amazing Jun-kun did a wonder job look kawaii n all
oguri shun sugoi ne that is one sexy man :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: actually all of F4 n makino amazing i reccomend it to ne1 even ma sis who does watch asian dramas said this was a v good drama

the drama is one of the best dramas i have seen so far :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

does ne one no where i can get the movie it should be out by now?? :cry:

Rori

Post by Rori » Jun 30th, '08, 18:55

The movie is out, but it usually isn't upped' onto the net until the DVD is out, so in this case you could be waiting until next year for it.

Don't expect to see it on Daddicts either, movies aren't allowed here.

pamelamj09

Post by pamelamj09 » Jul 1st, '08, 09:26

hey,,im new hir...from philippines......im a big fan of jun matsumoto-inoue mao pairing...may i know where can i download videos about them w/ english subtitles???
thanks a lot!!!!!!

SOGBA

Post by SOGBA » Jul 1st, '08, 14:14

Rori wrote:The movie is out, but it usually isn't upped' onto the net until the DVD is out, so in this case you could be waiting until next year for it.

Don't expect to see it on Daddicts either, movies aren't allowed here.
Thanx for letting me know ill just have to wait then 8)

nichta

Post by nichta » Jul 1st, '08, 16:19

Hi everybody!
I really like HYD series mostly due to its main characters. But I've learned there's a final episode released in June 2008. Does anyone know if we'll have a chance to see it on D-Addicts? Thanks!

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 1st, '08, 16:25

^ Nope, since it's a movie. Not an episode.

And seeing as movies aren't allowed here, it won't be uploaded here.

Waiting for movies really sucks; the DVD's take so long. :(

nichta

Post by nichta » Jul 1st, '08, 16:56

I see, Rori (thank you for your reply).
It's really sad, you're right, 'cause here, in Greece, I don't think I'll have any chance to see it, unless there's a site to download it. Do you know any?

Rori

Post by Rori » Jul 1st, '08, 17:09

Not right now, but no doubt I'll find it when the movie is actually uploaded. Which won't be for quite a while yet.

HYD is hugely popular, we won't be short of places to get it. :thumright:

Even though linking to movies, too, is not allowed.

nichta

Post by nichta » Jul 1st, '08, 17:31

Rori, you gave me some hope!
Yea, the laws are strict but they are laws:). Perhaps, there's a way out without breaking them.
I'm not sure where to look for it, but...
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help, really!!!
Hope to hear from you!

Riea

Post by Riea » Jul 1st, '08, 17:50

when in doubt on the internet... google it.. with a little time and patience it's not hard because it is/will be so popular.

SOGBA

Post by SOGBA » Jul 2nd, '08, 18:34

Rori wrote:^ Nope, since it's a movie. Not an episode.

And seeing as movies aren't allowed here, it won't be uploaded here.

Waiting for movies really sucks; the DVD's take so long. :(
honestly y cant the dvd come out more quickly but wat can we all we can do is wait
thanx Rori

Aoiblue

Post by Aoiblue » Jan 6th, '09, 07:09

Finally got to see it last week. Marathoned it. Favorite J-drama Evar!
Inoue Mao is so cute ^_^

chan-san

Post by chan-san » Dec 31st, '09, 14:12

just curious:

do schools like the one shown actually exist in japan?
where the pupils take lunch with silver salt&pepper shakers and where teachers don't interfere when pupils bully other pupils?!

somehow this stuff is disturbing!

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » Mar 24th, '10, 12:15

chan-san wrote:just curious:

do schools like the one shown actually exist in japan?
where the pupils take lunch with silver salt&pepper shakers and where teachers don't interfere when pupils bully other pupils?!

somehow this stuff is disturbing!
Or when someone is phisically assaulted or kidnapped or abused and nobody calls the police?

Ender's Girl

Post by Ender's Girl » Mar 30th, '10, 09:45

For fans of the source material, in all its (official) adaptations:

Jicks did a 5-part MG vs. HYD vs. BOF Smackdown on her blog. Very entertaining and insightful read. :cheers:

riki_kun

Post by riki_kun » May 28th, '10, 14:13

Where can i download the song "Planetarium" by Ai Otsuka that HYD ? i downloaded the OST but it's not there.

Engelchen18
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Engelchen18 » Sep 10th, '10, 11:14

riki_kun wrote:Where can i download the song "Planetarium" by Ai Otsuka that HYD ? i downloaded the OST but it's not there.
Go to youtube and use a mp3 converter programm and you get the song from it =)

I loved the serie season 1 and 2 and the movie was nice too.
Nice cast and the story was really near on the anmie. =)
Worth watching it.

BlueHeartPhoenix

Post by BlueHeartPhoenix » Sep 14th, '10, 09:19

riki_kun wrote:Where can i download the song "Planetarium" by Ai Otsuka that HYD ? i downloaded the OST but it's not there.
i think you can download at http://japanesemusicdream.wordpress.com/
that site is quite complete

JackBauer2424

Re: [Discussion] Hana Yori Dango (Meteor Garden Manga) jdrama

Post by JackBauer2424 » Jun 30th, '15, 05:47

I started watching this to see Yebisu Garden Place. Boy is that Domyoji a big piece of crap.