Most memorable drama crying scene by a man [SPOILERS!]

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
brokenparadise

Most memorable drama crying scene by a man [SPOILERS!]

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 30th, '08, 03:18

Hi,

This is my first time posting a new topic.
I haven't watched much dramas but love it when the leading man cries especially when it was done so naturally and did not make him look like a sissy :fight:
These are my favorite crying scenes by the male lead:

1)Takuro (Ninomiya Kazunari) tears in Yasashii Jikan. There were two scenes. Both are beautiful.
2)Naruse (Ohno Satoshi) tears in Maou. Final confrontation scene.

Would love to know more dramas that have epic crying scene by the leading man and who do you think is the best tear-jerker actor? For me its Ninomiya. I have never seen a drama of his without him crying at least once (i haven't finish watching all of his dramas though).

or ... which is the worst crying attempt by a male you have seen in a drama?

EDIT: Just to make it more interesting I'm going to list out how many times the actors and scenes mentioned. It'll be something like a ranking. Sorry for not including Korean ones since I'm posting this on a jdorama discussion section and I'm not familiar with Korean dramas. I might make a poll after more "nomination" is gathered. Thanks for your participation :)

Memorable (epic) crying scenes:
1) Ohno Satoshi - Maou : 10
2) Nishikido Ryo - 1 Litre of Tears : 7
3) Takuya Kimura - Change : 2 / Beautiful Life : 1 / Pride : 1
4) Ninomiya Kazunari - Yasashii Jikan : 2
4) Takenouchi Yutaka - Tomorrow : 2
4) Odagiri Joe - Satorare : 2
7) Kamenashi Kazuya - Sapuri : 1 / One Pound Gospel : 1
7) Matsumoto Jun - Gokusen : 1 / HYD2 : 1
7) Matsuda Shota - HYD2 : 1 / Bara no nai Hanaya : 1
7) Tamayama Tetsuji - Brother Beat : 1 / Bara no nai Hanaya : 1
7) Miura Haruma - 14 sai no Haha : 1 / Bloody Monday : 1
12 ) Takizawa Hideaki - Kokuchi Sezu : 1
13) Toyokawa Etsushi - Aishiteiru to ittekure : 1
14) Takeshi Kaneshirou - Mou Kamisama Sukoshi Dake : 1
15) Yamashita Tomohisa - Code Blue : 1
16) Yamada Takayuki - Byakuyakou : 1
17) Aklira Terao - Yasashii Jikan : 1
18 ) Shingo Katori - Bara no nai Hanaya : 1
19) Mabo - Yasuko to Kenji : 1
20) Fukuyama Masaharu - Itsuka Mata Aeru : 1
21) Eguchi Yosuke - Hitotsu Yane no Shita : 1
22) Ogata Naoto - FIGHT : 1

Not so good crying scene by an actor:
None mentioned yet.

p/s: Crying scenes from older dramas / actors are most welcome. So far, the Johnny's seems to be the expert in crying =P

p/s 2: THIS IS A SPOILER FILLED THREAD. Spoiler tags should be used by your own discretion though ^^. If you deemed the description not as detailed I think its ok not to use spoiler tags.. imo

Btw. I'm looking for nominations based on the actors ability to squeeze out believable tears (which has touched your souls.. :p). Once I'm satisfied with the amount of "nominations", I'm hoping to be able to build a short running poll. Don't be afraid to nominate your crying actors!
Last edited by brokenparadise on Dec 9th, '08, 07:37, edited 13 times in total.

drama_addict.

Post by drama_addict. » Nov 30th, '08, 03:40

hmm. i think all of the crying scenes in KDrama, bad love, are all really natural and they don't seem sissy at all. :D

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Nov 30th, '08, 03:49

Definitely Ohno Satoshi in Maou.

whatever0024

Post by whatever0024 » Nov 30th, '08, 03:56

Nice topic. Off the top of my head, in a Korean drama, I would have to say Jae Hee in Delightful Girl Chun-Hyang. He's a natural crier who doesn't slobber or cry obnoxiously like some other actors/actresses. I know there are two memorable scenes, but I don't really remember the details. It's been a while since I've watched this drama.

I'd have to give more thought as to Japanese dramas.

Strawberry*Popcan

Post by Strawberry*Popcan » Nov 30th, '08, 04:01

I can't believe nobody has said Asou (Ryo Nishikido) from 1 Litre of Tears yet. X: Ohno's moment in Maou was pretty epic though.

crocus

Post by crocus » Nov 30th, '08, 04:16

takki in his latest drama, Kokuchi Sezu/Kokuchisezu...
the tears were flowing effortlessly, and his acting was at his best, really improved a lot there, making me craving for more of his drama...

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 30th, '08, 07:31

@whatever0024: Delightful Girl Chun-Hyang.. I think I remember reading Uhm Tae Woong acted in it too... but that's about it ^^;;;;. Not that I'm against slobbering, snot running cries but, sometimes makes the scene feel awkward although I think the actor just couldn't help his snot from running down XP

@drama_addict.: manly Korean tears

@xtraordinarilynaked: He cried a lot in Maou (hmm.. well it is a Korean drama adaptation =P). Which scene is your favourite?

@Strawberry*Popcan: Of course! Who would forget Asou tears. Ohno as Maou was definitely epic especially in the final episode.

@crocus: I haven't seen that one yet (looking forward to it!). Takki had his moments in a lot of other sad dramas too.

Kuso_Baba

Post by Kuso_Baba » Nov 30th, '08, 08:00

Number one best Korean cryer is Lee Jun Ki!!! GOD that guy makes me cry every time he cries! :cry: In My Girl for example he would sit on the floor in the squash room and cry his eyes out.. and theyare really red!!

As for Japanese: Kamenashi Kazuya in Sapuri when he was on the phone his tears looked so real my heart broke! I never watched the drama but wathced that secene in many fanmade videos..

Ohno Satoshi in Maou!! *starts crying* Not just makes me cry but I SOBBED!! :cry: :cry:

Another Korean actor is Bi-Rain!! cried in A Love to Kill in the hospital.. he was not only crying but sobbing and shnotting *okay that be disgusting* it was a sad scene! :unsure:

Ryo form 1 Liter of Tears as well..

I am sure there are many others but can really remeber :P

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 30th, '08, 08:04

^ will add the Japanese actors in the list. thanks ^^

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Nov 30th, '08, 08:37

Nishikido Ryo - 1 Litre of Tears

I haven't seen Maou yet, but this one sticks out in my mind.

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 30th, '08, 08:58

^ Ryo's tears in 1 Litre of Tears is memorable indeed.
Maou is a must see ^^. I heard some might not like the drama much (just a minority I guess) but Ohno was surprisingly good. His tears in the final episode was breathtaking.

p/s to Kakijun: I just read your LJ (Rnk sub progress). Hope you will fully recover soon. Take care.

ryoerika

Post by ryoerika » Nov 30th, '08, 09:27

DEFINITELY Ryo as Asou Haruto in 1 Litre of Tears. It was very touching whenever he cries.

toyotaku

Post by toyotaku » Nov 30th, '08, 09:30

Definitely love Naruse's (Ohno Satoshi) breakdown in Maou. It devastated me to watch his pain.

Also, Takenouchi Yutaka in Tomorrow. I could be wrong about this, but I think it's the scene when he loses the old, homeless woman who had been kicked out of the hospital. If I'm wrong about the reason, it's because it was really a culmination of stresses that had been building and you could see his whole world fall apart. He'd been so strong & cool up to that point and then, whammo, he lost it.

Toyokawa Etsushi in Aishiteiru to ittekure when Hiroko tells Koji why she can't marry him and then when she's come by to pick up her things from his house... oh, man, when he puts the cat in the carrier, I lose it. Seems like there's another scene in that drama where he loses control, but it's been so long since I've watched it. Wasn't it like either before or during a point when his mother (or a relative) were pushing him that he couldn't live on his own? I should rewatch that drama.

It's the guys who have such a strong exterior most of the time who slay me. :P I think it's because it's unexpected from them.
Last edited by toyotaku on Nov 30th, '08, 09:35, edited 2 times in total.

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Nov 30th, '08, 09:30

brokenparadise wrote:^ Ryo's tears in 1 Litre of Tears is memorable indeed.
Maou is a must see ^^. I heard some might not like the drama much (just a minority I guess) but Ohno was surprisingly good. His tears in the final episode was breathtaking.

p/s to Kakijun: I just read your LJ (Rnk sub progress). Hope you will fully recover soon. Take care.
I watched a little bit of the hardsub just to get an idea of how it was. The first thing I remember thinking was "Damn this actor looks too young!"

After watching so many US shows am I the only one who thinks J-drama actors/actress are really young?

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Nov 30th, '08, 09:51

@ryoerika: will ad to the count ^^

@toyotaku: ah! finally some mention of actors that's not Johnny's. Takenouchi & Toyokawa are manly men that you just couldn't imagine breaking down. Must be sight to see. Yes! Another count for Ohno magnificent pain ^^

@Kakijun: Asians are just younger looking in general I think. Plus they are small and have softer features making them look younger than their age. Though, I think looking young shouldn't be a disadvantage in playing a role. Why should a vengeful lawyer be played by a mature looking guy instead? Will it be any better? No need to answer.. I just think it would be a waste if Ohno wasn't chosen to play Naruse ^^v
Ohno is almost 30 (28 to be exact). Sakurai Sho (26) & Ninomiya (25) could pull off being 17 during Yamada Taro and I think Nino can still pass as a school kid =P

xtraordinarilynaked

Post by xtraordinarilynaked » Nov 30th, '08, 19:07

brokenparadise wrote:
@xtraordinarilynaked: He cried a lot in Maou (hmm.. well it is a Korean drama adaptation =P). Which scene is your favourite?
Pretty much every time he cried was amazing but his last scene was so epic it made me cry buckets. I've watched that scene so many times and it still makes me cry. :cry:

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 30th, '08, 19:16

Kakijun wrote:
brokenparadise wrote:^ Ryo's tears in 1 Litre of Tears is memorable indeed.

I watched a little bit of the hardsub just to get an idea of how it was. The first thing I remember thinking was "Damn this actor looks too young!"

After watching so many US shows am I the only one who thinks J-drama actors/actress are really young?
Maybe because many of the dramas that are uploaded here are targeted towards a younger audience.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Nov 30th, '08, 20:13

I haven't finished Maou yet, but my favorite crying scene until now has been the one where his sister told him that she knew everything. Ohno has been excellent in every scene, tho!

Best crying I've ever seen in any drama was in Hong Gil Dong. Kang Ji Hwan (as Hong Gil Dong) had only one crying scene in the whole drama, but wow, it was so powerful. Very subtle, but it made my heart ache.

regregreg

Post by regregreg » Nov 30th, '08, 20:21

Too bad you're not listing the Korean ones, because in my opinion, most of the time it looks more heartbreaking when a Korean actor cries. Maybe because they usually look more manly than Japanese male actors, so there is somehow more contrast between their masculinity and them crying. Also, Koreans LOVE to cry in music videos (that's one of the reasons why I love them LOL). I highly recommend you to check out some Korean dramas or movies if you want to see some really hot guys cry!

Anyway, if we stick with the Japanese: I vote for Ryo in 1 litre of tears, too. ^^ He's damn hot when he cries... oh well, he's damn hot whatever he does.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 30th, '08, 23:02

very interesting topic :D thank you!!
nobody has mentioned Kimura Takuya in CHANGE yet!!
that 20 crazy minutes in the last ep. was aaahhhh
He's more than just an Actor!!

hmm also I think I need to watch more dramas to have more accurate views..

but I will add Ohno - Maou and Ryo - 1 Liter of Tears for now :)

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Nov 30th, '08, 23:13

hmm wait wait I've changed my mind XD
because Ohno was crying too much in almost every single ep I think I will omit him
Devils Are Not Supposed to Cry XD at least that much
he was crying in a right way yah not like this sissy :fight: but I just don't wanna XD

SP : oh that's right Johnny's are experts in crying PLUS their dramas have many viewers.

Retro

Post by Retro » Nov 30th, '08, 23:20

Ito Atsushi in Densha Otoko Episode 1 anyone??
Ohno Satoshi in Maou definitely gets a vote

tkah

Post by tkah » Nov 30th, '08, 23:42

I have to say I agree with all the above. Another one is Kimura Takuya in Pride.........Ohno Satoshi in Maou gets my number 1 vote....

satoshi_kun

Post by satoshi_kun » Nov 30th, '08, 23:59

Takeshi Kaneshiro in Kamisama mou sukoshi dake :cry: very sad drama.

LissyLamoire

Post by LissyLamoire » Dec 1st, '08, 00:10

What about the korean actors?

Lee Jun Ki's tears are allways sooo real! ^^ Like in Time between dog and wolf and Iljimae
And So Ji Sub in I'm Sorry I Love You and Chun-nyun Jiae (a thousand years of love)

And then the japanese tears I've remembred
Nishikido Ryo in One Litre of Tears ofcourse! ^^

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 1st, '08, 00:34

Sorry no Korean actors ^^;;;;. This is afterall in the Japanese Drama section. Maybe somebody else could start another thread at the Korean drama section?
I'm more interested in Japanese men tears ( =P) because they seemed so rare.

@MisS Lonliah: he so did not cry on every episode XD. Only on 3 different scenes but there's the scene in the church that I think should be better with less tears. The tears for climax scene was perfect though.

Would love to check out Jun Kee dramas now everybody keep on raving about his tears.
Thanks for your "nominations" guys! :D
I'll edit the first post by the end of the week. Keep on "voting" your favourites ^^V

PurpleSequience

Post by PurpleSequience » Dec 1st, '08, 01:24

So Ji Sub in I'm sorry I love you. The kiss & teardrop....also the crying and eating scene towards the end.

ailamarie

Post by ailamarie » Dec 1st, '08, 13:24

Ohno Satoshi in MAOU...

nanamienzo

Post by nanamienzo » Dec 1st, '08, 14:41

MisS Lonliah wrote:very interesting topic :D thank you!!
nobody has mentioned Kimura Takuya in CHANGE yet!!
that 20 crazy minutes in the last ep. was aaahhhh
He's more than just an Actor!!

but I will add
yes TAKUYA KIMURA in CHANGE , he was so good in that scene & cant forget his crying scene in Beautiful life when he was putting make up to kyoko.

ohno in maou too! he's really good in maou

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Dec 3rd, '08, 04:48

Yamada Takayuki in Byakuyako

zenkzenk

Post by zenkzenk » Dec 3rd, '08, 09:16

Ninomiya Kazunari in Yasashii Jikan (reunion scene and when he realized that the charm was from his father)
Terao Akira in Yasashii Jikan (reunion scene)

LissyLamoire

Post by LissyLamoire » Dec 3rd, '08, 23:39

I´ve finally watched Maou and another point for Ohno Satoshi! ^^ Really loooved the crying scene's and omg He's looking soooo evil! xD
And what about Miura Haruma he can cry cute and real too, in 14 Sai No Haha and Bloody Monday! <3
I've remembred another crying scene xD But it wasn't looking real or something like that, it just was very cute! Akanishi Jin in Yukan Club when he's singing for his dad, over the phone! Loved that scene! xD
And what about Yamashita Tomohisa in Code Blue when he's falling besides his grandmothers wheelchair?

Omg xD to much to much
Last edited by LissyLamoire on Dec 4th, '08, 20:29, edited 2 times in total.

MisS Lonliah

Post by MisS Lonliah » Dec 3rd, '08, 23:45

brokenparadise wrote:
@MisS Lonliah: he so did not cry on every episode XD. Only on 3 different scenes but there's the scene in the church that I think should be better with less tears. The tears for climax scene was perfect though.
oh that's my weak memory X-D
I agree with ya really, but overall I prefer men with very rare crying scenes ^^

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 7th, '08, 02:30

ok.. i've been having problems loging in ^^;;;
sorry for being late.
will update the main list soon ^^V

hoping for more "nominations" and better yet include the exact favorite drama scene with the crying man :P

@LissyLamoire: i'm not going to include nomination with "?" (like for YamaPi's Code Blue) because it seemed like you're not too sure? The Akanishi Jin nomination too won't be included XP.. not because I don't like him, its just that you described that the crying wasn't real (but cute). Sorry for setting unclear rules ^^;;;.

whatever0024

Post by whatever0024 » Dec 7th, '08, 06:13

To me, most memorable would be (as per request by brokenparadise, including the episodes and scenes):

Odagiri Joe as Satomi Kenichi in the final episode (episode 10) of Satorare when he returns to the hospital to say his final good-bye's to everyone. His eyes are full of tears and his bottom lip is quivering. Very realistic.

Tamayama Tetsuji as Sakurai Tatsuya in Brother Beat- when he proposes to Tamura Chisato in episode 8. (I think his best crying scene would be in the movie Tegami. Check this movie out, it's very good.)

Matsumoto Jun as Sawada Shin in Gokusen - in the final episode when Yankumi gives her speech then walks down the aisle to the door, and as she passes Shin, he closes his eyes and a tear falls. This is significant because he's a tough guy; he's not emotive. He rarely expresses any emotions. This drama is the moment when I first recognized Jun's talent. Ever since, I will watch anything he's in.

Matsumoto Jun as Domyoji Tsukasa in Hana Yori Dango 2 - near the end of episode 9 when he and Makino are outside his house in the rain. He tells her he loves her and they'll always be together, but she denies him and tells him she can't be with him. She already promised his mother to never show her face around the Domyoji family again.

Matsuda Shota as Nishikado Sojiro in Hana Yori Dango 2 - episode 7 when he and I forgot what's her name are on top of the building and they see the sunlight reflecting off the billboards with the words "I love you, Jiroh" appearing. He cries because he's overcome with emotions and realizes that she (forgot what's her name) did loved him, but it's too late now because she's engaged.

Matsuda Shota as Kudo Naoya in Bara no nai Hanaya - episode 10 - after and before he gets beat up again, he calls Katori Shingo's character, Shiomi Eiji , to ask for money, but instead apologizes.

Tetsuji Tamayama as Kengo Shijo in Bara no nai Hanaya - finale, episode 11 - as he's watching the DVD of his dead girlfriend, you can clearly see that he's wiping tears right before he slips on the sleep mask.

Shingo Katori as Shiomi Eiji in Bara no nai Hanaya - finale, episode 11 - he cries because he's truly happy, but then he's slightly embarrassed about crying and is about to leave when his girlfriend stops him. This is probably my favorite male crying scene because this is how I would act if I'm crying.
toyotaku wrote: Also, Takenouchi Yutaka in Tomorrow. I could be wrong about this, but I think it's the scene when he loses the old, homeless woman who had been kicked out of the hospital. If I'm wrong about the reason, it's because it was really a culmination of stresses that had been building and you could see his whole world fall apart. He'd been so strong & cool up to that point and then, whammo, he lost it.
I absolutely agree with Takenouchi Yutaka in Tomorrow. I cast another vote for Takenouchi Yutaka. This is in episode 4, at the end.

I haven't watched 1 Liter of Tears or Maou yet. They're still in my queue of shows to watch.

LissyLamoire

Post by LissyLamoire » Dec 7th, '08, 10:53

brokenparadise wrote: @LissyLamoire: i'm not going to include nomination with "?" (like for YamaPi's Code Blue) because it seemed like you're not too sure? The Akanishi Jin nomination too won't be included XP.. not because I don't like him, its just that you described that the crying wasn't real (but cute). Sorry for setting unclear rules ^^;;;.
Noo I'm sure about Yamapi's crying scene but I dont understand why nobody had post that one before!! Because it was sooo cute and I could cry with him!

And I know that the crying scene from jin wasn't the one you had in mind xD But I just wanted to post that because it was so cute! :p Andddd That was about it ...
So your rules are very clear .... ^^

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Dec 8th, '08, 20:50

The scenes in One Pound Gospel where Kousaku/Kame cried because of Sister Angela/Kuroki Meisa always tugged at my heart strings. :sighs:

Also, the scene in episode 10 (I think?) of Yasuko to Kenji, where Kenji teared as he explained how Yasuko is the best woman in the world just killed me, especially since he's a tough guy, we know that he really loves his younger sister.

Anytime Koike Teppei cried in Shibatora, I cried along with him. XD;; Especially during the episode where we find out who the Onigami really is. D': And the last episode, OMG. x_x

lailoken

Post by lailoken » Dec 8th, '08, 21:29

Nishikido Ryo - 1 Litre of Tears

He made me cry just by him crying. Enough said =)

groink

Post by groink » Dec 8th, '08, 22:06

The most memorable scenes of males crying:

1. Itsuka Mata Aeru - Fukuyama Masaharu as Konno Shinichi
2. FIGHT - Ogata Naoto as Kido Keita.
3. Hitotsu Yane no Shita - Eguchi Yosuke as An-chan

Spoilers for these three scenes....
1. Itsuka Mata Aeru - Fukuyama Masaharu as Konno Shinichi. The last episode where Shinichi finally let go of Tsuyuki and let her hang out with that ***hole Araki. She was so special, and I too could feel Shinichi's pain. Until then, I always thought that Shinichi was just a cool guy and could control his emotions. This scene let everyone know that he, too, is human.

2. FIGHT - Ogata Naoto as Kido Keita. In a block of episodes, Keita's world took a total 180 once he realized he ruined his entire family because of his stubbornness as a craftsman. He emotionally broke down and was thinking about suicide. While waiting for a bus, he suddenly stood up and started to walk across the street - while running into oncoming traffic. Then, as a van started approaching him, he started experiencing flashes in his head of his family and the many great memories he had. Then he turns around and sees the van coming at him. Realizing this, he hunches down and prepares for the impact. Fortunately, the van swerves around him, avoiding the hit. Keita crawls back to the bus stop, and then starts to break down with a very deap, emotional cry. Damn this drama is SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!

3. Hitotsu Yane no Shita - Eguchi Yosuke as An-chan. Although most of his crying throughout the series seems stupid and fake, the one scene where An-chan realizes that he can't get Fumiya into a school is really deep. This is important - as him pulling Fumiya out of the hospital affected his engagement to Chizuru. Now that he can't give Fumiya what he needs, he's very emotionally upset over the whole situation. Another scene is when Onii-chan pays him to get out of his life really hit him hard. I mean, a brother paying another brother to get lost - that's really messed up! That would make most guys really upset. Another great cry scene is when An-chan realizes that Jasmine totally used him. This moment really hit me hard because I really wanted An-chan to be happy and be in a relationship. In all three instances, Koyuki was always around to console him. NORI-P!!!!!!
--- groink

brokenparadise

Post by brokenparadise » Dec 9th, '08, 02:08

LissyLamoire wrote:
brokenparadise wrote: @LissyLamoire: i'm not going to include nomination with "?" (like for YamaPi's Code Blue) because it seemed like you're not too sure? The Akanishi Jin nomination too won't be included XP.. not because I don't like him, its just that you described that the crying wasn't real (but cute). Sorry for setting unclear rules ^^;;;.
Noo I'm sure about Yamapi's crying scene but I dont understand why nobody had post that one before!! Because it was sooo cute and I could cry with him!

And I know that the crying scene from jin wasn't the one you had in mind xD But I just wanted to post that because it was so cute! :p Andddd That was about it ...
So your rules are very clear .... ^^
:D Will add YamaPi tears then!

Sorry guys.... I'm having problems logging in with my home connection ^^;;;
Yey! More "nominations"!
Maybe this list will help you guys pick the dramas you want to watch based on the actor ability to emote.

@whatever0024: Thank you for the full description! I totally forgot about Satorare! Not Odagiri Joe's fault of course but it has been ages since I've watched the drama. One of the best crying scene by a MAN that I have ever saw. Should be added to my first nomination post... oh well... Hope you guys don't mind me adding 2 noms for Satorare instead of just 1 :P

Oh.. just realized.. maybe the crying scenes descriptions are too spoiler filled. I'll add a warning on the 1st post. Spoiler tags should be used by your own discretion ^^. If you deemed the description not as detailed I think its ok not to use spoiler tags.. imo ^^;;;

Kathstandsalone

Post by Kathstandsalone » Dec 10th, '08, 03:22

Can broaden to jmovie? :=) 'Cos at the top of my mind right now ...

Most memorable - Tetsuji Tamayama in the jmovie, Tegami. If you watch the last scene. I thought that was a brilliant crying.
The scene where his brother (acted by Takayuki Yamada) and brother's friend performed a gag on stage in jail. Yamada said Tetsuji is his brother forever.

Issy

Post by Issy » Dec 13th, '08, 16:27

from top of my head, the first scene that makes me cry everytime i see is the one in pic from MBMH.
where makky realises that his world is entirly different from the person he loves dearly.
there are somemore memorable scenes that i love but i thought this one was the most emotional one.
Attachments
PDVD_001.JPG
PDVD_001.JPG (25.96 KiB) Viewed 5237 times

tsukushi

Post by tsukushi » Dec 14th, '08, 07:47

Ohno in Maouh - his last scene and the crying scene when the sis tell him that she knows... *so saaadd**

Matsumoto Jun - I think it is sacrilege not to mention Jun's tears in HYD.. cry a lot too but can't remember the ep.. there's the part where they broke up in the rain...

alisalovetatming

Post by alisalovetatming » Dec 18th, '08, 16:38

Ito Atsushi in Team Batista no Eiko

have more in photo!!!! he cry very often :blink :wub:

evil4ever

Post by evil4ever » Dec 18th, '08, 17:16

is it only for Japaneses dramas or can we add Korean Drama too?
however, for Japaneses dramas i like:
1) The first places goes to the drama Sora Kara Furu Ichioku no Hoshi in ep 10 and 11 when Kimura Takuya found about his sisters << whenever i am upset and i want to cry i re-watch these two eps
2) For the drama Last Friends in ep 10 when Nishikido Ryo cried omo my Sosuke why why why why he was amazing in this drama ... Ahhh i want to see him again... Ahh
3) i cried like hell in the drama One liter of tears omo omo omo this drama is unbelievable eventhough i was watching it in the living room so i will feel embarrassed to cry and i will stop but i cried twice... from the beginning to the last ep omo
4) oh yes i like the new drama innocent Love the scene where the sister blame her brother was so much hurting i cried like there will be no 2morw .. omo
the list goes on but these are in my mind .. since i am more Korean Drama addicted than Japanese

bloodbath-angel

Post by bloodbath-angel » Dec 18th, '08, 17:22

Yamada Takayuki - His acting performance from Byakuyakou was absolutely fantastic.
If you guys have not watch that drama, Please do so.... It is one of the best japanese drama i have ever seen.

cuteangelika

Post by cuteangelika » Dec 20th, '08, 22:00

Kimura Takuya in Pride... I watched that scene hundreds of times!!!

AiaNP

Post by AiaNP » Dec 20th, '08, 22:30

I'd have to say . . . Kimura Takuya in CHANGE (episodes 7 and 10) In 10, it was incredible, in 7 it was just heart breaking..

Also, his crying scene in Pride is also noteworthy, I feel.... :-)

ainhoa

Post by ainhoa » Dec 21st, '08, 20:47

Nino had a really amazing crying scene in Stand Up. I forget the episode but it's after his sensei rejects him.

and best crying noises go to Uchi Hiroki in episode 2 of Isshun no Kaze ni Nare

marienella_m

Post by marienella_m » Dec 21st, '08, 23:58

nino's crying scene in the last episode of ryusei no kizuna made a very deep impression on me, it was a heartfelt performance.

kuma

Post by kuma » Dec 22nd, '08, 00:19

Nishikido in 1 Liter of Tears when he's reading Aya's letter left an impression on me.

LissyLamoire

Post by LissyLamoire » Dec 22nd, '08, 00:37

Hi! Here I am again! xD
Kubozuka Yosuke in Long Love Letter! ^^ Does Jmovies count too? Then I would say Hyde in Moonchild! xD And Gackt when he's allmost dying in moonchild!
And I'm not finished yet. Miura Haruma in Koizora the movie!

And the worst crying scene's are probably from Oguri Shun in Binbo Danshi xD I know it's his character but they looked awfull(y) (funny)! xD But he cried in Yuuki very real! Yuuki was sooo sad =(
And the crying scene from Fujiwara Tatsuya in Death Note was kinda bad too! =x Not only in Death Note he couldn't cry in Battle Royal either! So I think he's not that good at crying ... =X
It's painfull to say it xD Because I'm a great Akanishi Jin fan but he really is bad at crying... >.< Especially in Yukan Club I know again that it is his character but still It looked xD terrible but kinda funny though! XD

menaine

Post by menaine » Dec 22nd, '08, 02:44

Yamashita Tomohisa on tehe last episode of Proposal daisakusen
omg.. i wanna cry with him on that day

Toritorisan

Post by Toritorisan » Dec 22nd, '08, 08:42

For me it was Takenouchi Yutaka in the final scene of Zoku Hoshi no Kinka...
This was after he gave up Aya (Sakai Noriko) and let her marry Shuichi, his brother. But then his brother died, so I thought he would have a chance to get back together with her.

But in the final scene he told her to chose between two boxes and if she got the one with the red rose, he would marry her. But she chose the white one and let her go. Then the audience finds out later that both of the roses were white and he did this because he realized that she would never love him in this lifetime (even though his brother passed away) and let her go.
I remembered crying so much for him... Actually now that I think about it, I cry a lot in his dramas like Rondo, Tomorrow, Hoshi no Kinka, etc...

the_lilone

Post by the_lilone » Dec 31st, '08, 08:31

sure Nishikido Ryo's performance in 1 Liter of Tears was what got me into JDramas in the first place so I guess that's one vote for him?

but after watching the other dramas i realized his performance wasn't actually that notable....

1. Kamenashi Kazuya in Nobuta wo Produce - I cannot believe no one mentioned this... it wasn't an elaborate crying session but it did get me tearing up... quite a bit... and also his performance in the 24 hr special - Yuuki....

2. Yamada Takayuki in Sekai no Chuushin de, Ai wo Sakebu - THE best tear-jerking drama ever.

3. Kimura Takuya in CHANGE - seriously the only drama i've seen him in but it's all that's needed to make me realize WHY he's so big...

4. Yamashita Tomohisa in Code Blue - i did not know he could cry.

jive talkin

Post by jive talkin » Dec 31st, '08, 09:17

ainhoa wrote:Nino had a really amazing crying scene in Stand Up. I forget the episode but it's after his sensei rejects him.
yes! as ridiculous as stand up was, that scene is very heartbreaking.

since i don't have a good memeory of older dramas the ones that were memorable for me as of late are: everything in rookies.
i mean the whole team got glassy eyed in every episode, koide keisuke the most. is he a natural cryer?
but the best was ichihara hayato's scene in episode 10 or 11? when he took a time out.

immaperson

Post by immaperson » Jan 6th, '09, 16:37

ohno satoshi in maou. i had my doubts about him for his role in that drama, but he was very convincing and maou is one of my fave dramas now because of him.

miyabara

Post by miyabara » Jan 6th, '09, 17:07

Hayami Mokomichi in Tokyo Tower

tunix_2008

Post by tunix_2008 » Jan 7th, '09, 05:07

This is way off base but the most memorable "crying" scene by a man in a jdrama for me is Nakatsu crumbling to his knees after he is rejected by Ashiya in Hana Kimi.
"In five seconds I'm going to cry ... five ... four ... three ... two ..." His knees give and he falls to the ground. The camera zooms out showing him framed by the arc-bridge and fall foliage around him.
I just want to reach into the monitor and hug him.

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Jan 8th, '09, 04:29

Definitely KImura Takuya in CHANGE.

1shinigami0

Post by 1shinigami0 » Jan 8th, '09, 12:37

My vote goes for Takenouchi Yutaka in Tomorrow. The scene when he cries after the old lady dies is so powerful and it seems so hard to perform. When he starts crying is like an explosion that cannot be contained, something really deep. But as soon as he lets it go, you can see on his face the effort he makes to try to rein in his emotions and how much it's costing him. A couple minutes later, when he's able to compose himself, you feel even more sorry for him.

I think in acting, when you get to that point that you are letting it go and you are crying with abandon, it's really hard to show a character fighting desperately to regain control. That's why it impressed me so much.

whatever0024

Post by whatever0024 » Mar 3rd, '09, 03:30

I finally saw 1 Litre of Tears. I agree with everyone on Nishikido Ryo. When he's reading the letter, I was particularly moved by the scene and his crying.

freelife

Post by freelife » Mar 6th, '09, 12:36

The tearjerking moments that impress me are the one's by Yamashita Tomohisa.
In Kurosagi, there were some crying scenes that were really sad, but touching at the same time, and in the last episode of Proposal Daisakusen, I think I cried a little bit with him, and of course, because of the background music "chiisana koi no uta".

wickedvampiregirl

Post by wickedvampiregirl » Apr 3rd, '09, 10:14

Hmmm... I never really like seeing men crying lol...
For some reason it still looks odd to me...
Though... I'd say, when it comes to memorable...
I'd have to agree with most of what everyone had said...

Nishikido Ryo in 1 Litre of Tears

fifimimi

Post by fifimimi » Apr 3rd, '09, 18:13

I'd have to say Ohno Satoshi in Maou...

and Kimura Takuya in Pride (after his mother leaves him again and Aki comforts him)....and The Grand Tribe, when he is driven to suicide, that was so so so sad!!

benjibabe

Post by benjibabe » Apr 3rd, '09, 19:26

The first scene that pops into my head when I think crying in J-drama is Kimura Takuya in Beautiful Life. This was the series that cemented my liking of J-dramas and it's because of Kimura Takuya in the last episode. I saw him crying and thought 'This is a good actor', and this is before I knew who he was or anything about him.

Basuha

Lee jin Ki

Post by Basuha » Apr 3rd, '09, 21:48

[quote="Kuso_Baba"]Number one best Korean cryer is Lee Jun Ki!!! GOD that guy makes me cry every time he cries! :cry: In My Girl for example he would sit on the floor in the squash room and cry his eyes out.. and theyare really red!!

I totally agree, for me it was his performance in the drama Iljimae when he found out the girl that was in jail with him and later killed was his sister. I haven't watch My Girl, If it anything like IIjimae then no doubt he one of the best!. I wonder what he think s about to pull of such a heart wrenching performance.

flavenne

Post by flavenne » Apr 7th, '11, 07:48

*pokes*
Is this thread still alive? *pokes pokes*
regregreg wrote:Too bad you're not listing the Korean ones, because in my opinion, most of the time it looks more heartbreaking when a Korean actor cries. Maybe because they usually look more manly than Japanese male actors, so there is somehow more contrast between their masculinity and them crying. Also, Koreans LOVE to cry in music videos (that's one of the reasons why I love them LOL). I highly recommend you to check out some Korean dramas or movies if you want to see some really hot guys cry!
I couldn't agree more to this!

Korean actors cry so much more convincingly and beautifully (and still look very masculine, yet very sad, I feel like hugging them right away)! Ever since I watched Korean dramas, I'm not moved by Japanese actors crying anymore. Coz Korean actors cry so much better, hands down.

But great actors like TamaTetsu, Joe Odagiri, and Ryo Kase can still move me when they're crying.

Flaminco Girl

Post by Flaminco Girl » Apr 9th, '11, 06:19

For me, it's Ohno Satoshi in Maou. The scene where the sister reveals that she's known it was him all long.... it has really left an impression on me.