Post by SaKuRaKu » Dec 5th, '08, 14:05

Title: ヴォイス
Title (English): Voice
Genre: Medical, mystery
Broadcast network: Fuji TV
Broadcast period: 2009-Jan start
Air time: Monday 21:00
Synopsis :
The story revolves around a group of five medical students enrolled in a seminar on forensic pathology. Kaji Daiki noted for his keen perception and strong intuition, along with the other students work on uncovering the mysteries of the corpses they examine .
Official site :
http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/voice/index.html

sound ecxiting
fainally found something to watch in winter .. can't wait to see Toma like a medical student
anyway, looking forward to Jan 2009

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Dec 5th, '08, 16:52

omggg eita!! toma!!
i can't wait too!

Salz

Post by Salz » Dec 6th, '08, 03:05

Eita&Toma<333
i like Satomi but i would actually prefer either Juri or Maki to be leading girl with Eita&Toma here^^;
but totally looking forward for this drama^^

toma_sis

Post by toma_sis » Dec 8th, '08, 12:37

Just read this news today..
Really happy to hear that Toma has new drama!!
and with Eita& Ishihara Satomi..really like both.. :)

Happy..Happy...Happy... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Ginto-gin

Post by Ginto-gin » Dec 10th, '08, 00:30

Is this Eita's first lead role in a drama?

Salz

Post by Salz » Dec 10th, '08, 00:46

yeah it his first lead^^

IIlulu

Post by IIlulu » Dec 12th, '08, 16:55

Excellent!!! ^^
I hope it will be subbed. Any fansubs announce?

celticmoon

Post by celticmoon » Dec 15th, '08, 08:09

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/081215 ... 009-n1.htm

Yada Akiko to make a return to dramas with a supporting role in Voice.

noisia

Post by noisia » Dec 15th, '08, 08:54

It sounds good, I hope it is mostly to do with the medical side. I don't really want to see the plot revolving around ghosts, spirits and zombies :P Eita's first lead? Bring it on!

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Dec 16th, '08, 08:21

YAY!! Eita in a lead role!!! I'm very excited for this drama and it's about time that Eita got a lead role.

The premise seems exciting, I'm interested in seeing how the 3 of them will work together and Toma can add another drama to his list! I hope he does well, his acting in Maou was a little too meh imo.

areea-chan

Post by areea-chan » Dec 16th, '08, 09:01

This is a really strong cast. I wonder how each will play their parts. And Yada Akiko. This drama will be really interesting, though. It's sounds kind of like "House."

Apparently each episode will be focused on one case each, but I wonder if there will be an overall plot that ties it together. The screenwriter also wrote ProDai and Honey and Clover. Two of the directors also did Honey and Clover. Mainly it looks like the same people who did ProDai and Hachimitsu. So probably splashes of funny with wide camera angles? :D

menaine

Post by menaine » Dec 19th, '08, 23:24

my first post..^^

yai...it's eita first main role

and also there is satomi in plus toma

what a great cast...i hope the story alsio great

hateytb

Post by hateytb » Dec 19th, '08, 23:34

OMG!!! cant wait!!!!!
i literally jump!!! bawaaaa!!

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 20th, '08, 01:36

i guess everyone has already spoke my mind LOUD and CLEAR here, regarding Eita's first leading role, but i'm gonna say it again lol...

EITA!!! You've finally got the chance, so don't blow it away!!!~~~

Eita would've been enough for me to watch this but having Toma too is a HUGE PLUS! really liked him in HanaKimi, but not so much in Maou. Satomi, she's alright in Tsubasa episode, And yeah, although i'd have preferred Juri to be acting with Eita again, but then it'd be too repetitive seeing them in a drama together, so having a new partner is okay, besides they're gonna be in the Nodame movie again (crosses fingers so they have scenes together)
omg, can't wait to see how this'll turn out!

:w00t: :cheers:

Rori

Post by Rori » Dec 20th, '08, 01:49

Another medical? I have a hard time getting past the second episode with those things. It's got a hugely talented cast line-up so it's worth taking a look into anyway.

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Dec 20th, '08, 07:59

Rori wrote:Another medical? I have a hard time getting past the second episode with those things. It's got a hugely talented cast line-up so it's worth taking a look into anyway.

same here..i have medical drama phobia.. but with the cast, i am going to try to watch epi 1

Foxxy_Fuyumi

Post by Foxxy_Fuyumi » Dec 26th, '08, 20:57

Images from the Official Site =)
All about Eita xD

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Dec 27th, '08, 00:46

his new hair is sth i still need time to get used to...but i'm excited for this! :lol

jive talkin

Post by jive talkin » Dec 27th, '08, 06:06

i also have a hard time being interested in medical dramas. but since this one seems like it will be taking things out of the OR, and into the morgue and focusing on forensics, its definately more interesting to me.
it also helps i love the main cast.

ha, eita's new hair style is kinda cute because it looks like he just rolled out of bed.

cojung

Post by cojung » Dec 29th, '08, 06:28

Wow wow wow...EITA first lead role. Yatta. And yes plus Toma .... Sukoi desune.

By the way, VOICE from where or whom? I can hear dead people??? So excited.

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jan 1st, '09, 03:26

The official site updated their main page with a cast of the main characters. But why is Ikuta Toma's picture the only one to be Photoshopped strangely like that?! :blink

mannie511

Post by mannie511 » Jan 1st, '09, 04:13

before, pictures of any Johnny's weren't even allowed on any websites promoting dramas. as least now, they are allowed to post photoshop or cartoonized photos.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 2nd, '09, 11:35

mannie511 wrote:before, pictures of any Johnny's weren't even allowed on any websites promoting dramas. as least now, they are allowed to post photoshop or cartoonized photos.
i find the law as ridiculous as his photoshopped inhuman picture. (what's the diff of having him there but looks distorted than not being in there at all) i'd prefer him to be absent rather than a fake looking one.

:glare:

nevertheless i can't wait for this!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 2nd, '09, 12:31

i'm really looking forward for this drama! can't wait for Eita to have a lead role this time and see Toma have a forensic point of view.

I'm not keen in watching Japanese Drama with Hospital setting, it kind of pisses me off to see actors doing the wrong things for the patient, or using the wrong words and medical terms. But since this is more about corpses, i'll stop myself from cringing from any mistakes on medical stuff they do. :D

Last edited by biniBningPunkista on Jan 8th, '09, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.

Chihir0

Post by Chihir0 » Jan 3rd, '09, 08:28

Sounds interesting! Eita and Ikuta Toma! Love the both of them!
Anyone know which fansub group will english sub this drama? ^^

Rori

Post by Rori » Jan 3rd, '09, 08:56

Chihir0 wrote:Sounds interesting! Eita and Ikuta Toma! Love the both of them!
According to the fansub map:
Mon.21 | Fuji Voice | (Soft & Hard) GiriGiri Fansubs & TimeLesSub (announced December 9, 2008)

totemokakkoii

Post by totemokakkoii » Jan 3rd, '09, 17:29

avieamber wrote:
mannie511 wrote:
i find the law as ridiculous as his photoshopped inhuman picture. (what's the diff of having him there but looks distorted than not being in there at all) i'd prefer him to be absent rather than a fake looking one.

yes i totally agreed!!!

nouriko

Post by nouriko » Jan 4th, '09, 18:27

so lookin forward to this!! the theme is interestin- mystery hmmm scarie :pale: hehe
go Eita!^^
Last edited by nouriko on Jan 12th, '09, 02:17, edited 1 time in total.

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 4th, '09, 20:32

Are you guys sure Toma isn't supposed to be photoshopped like that? Maybe it's intentional?

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jan 4th, '09, 22:16

noisia wrote:Are you guys sure Toma isn't supposed to be photoshopped like that? Maybe it's intentional?
But it's so out of place. I also remember, something like this happened too on the official Last Friends image with Nishikido Ryo, except that one was blended in better compared to this one where it's so obvious and eyecatching. :scratch:

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 5th, '09, 00:06

Sakuya wrote:Nishikido Ryo
You do remember what happened to him in Last Friends right? :P Hint Hint Hint maybe?

Chances are though, you're right lol.

.:KIRA:.

Post by .:KIRA:. » Jan 8th, '09, 14:20

can someone tell me when the drama will start ^^

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 8th, '09, 17:12

.:KIRA:. wrote:can someone tell me when the drama will start ^^
it starts on the 12th of January. Monday next week. :cheers:

vaberella

Post by vaberella » Jan 11th, '09, 03:41

Rori wrote:
Mon.21 | Fuji Voice | (Soft & Hard) GiriGiri Fansubs & TimeLesSub (announced December 9, 2008)
:cheers: Wooho... :cheers: GiriGiri AND TimeLesSub...that's fantastic news. I love it!!! We'll have the greatest translations. Thank god. :salut: :mrgreen:
Rori wrote:Another medical? I have a hard time getting past the second episode with those things. It's got a hugely talented cast line-up so it's worth taking a look into anyway.
It's not just medical Rori it's a medical mystery. So the style is very different. It's like these pre-med doctors are working to find out the cause of death and I think it might be like all those Tantei (detective) shows, if my understanding is correct.
Salz wrote:Eita&Toma<333
i like Satomi but i would actually prefer either Juri or Maki to be leading girl with Eita&Toma here^^;
When I saw this post I had to respond. Maki is the worst actress. For her to be cast in this role would horrify me and I wouldn't be able to watch it. Thank God not only is it Ishihara Satomi, but someone who can act. I love her acting and definitely better to play side by side to Eita.

I'm very happy with the his cast. This definitely has some serious potential.

Salz

Post by Salz » Jan 11th, '09, 06:03

vaberella wrote:
Rori wrote:
:cheers: Wooho... :cheers: GiriGiri AND TimeLesSub...that's fantastic news. I love it!!! We'll have the greatest translations. Thank god. :salut: :mrgreen:
It's not just medical Rori it's a medical mystery. So the style is very different. It's like these pre-med doctors are working to find out the cause of death and I think it might be like all those Tantei (detective) shows, if my understanding is correct.
Salz wrote:Eita&Toma<333
When I saw this post I had to respond. Maki is the worst actress. For her to be cast in this role would horrify me and I wouldn't be able to watch it. Thank God not only is it Ishihara Satomi, but someone who can act. I love her acting and definitely better to play side by side to Eita.

I'm very happy with the his cast. This definitely has some serious potential.
lol Maki is definitely not the worst actress. and she can act..
maybe her performance is not to consistent in every drama but she is a good actress...u should try watching more of her work such as Always 1&2, Nobuta wo Produce, Tokyo Daikushu, Tokyo Boy, Densha Otoko, Tsubasa etc
she definitely can act and very versatile..
but i have nothing againts Ishihara Satomi...i know she is a very good actress and i like her a lot :D

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 11th, '09, 11:04

the show is finally airing tomorrow!!!! im so excited ^_^v

nouriko

Post by nouriko » Jan 12th, '09, 02:25

i think Maki is a good actress eps in cute roles however the only thing that bothers me about her is her smile, sometime the camera focus on her smile far too long and consequentli making it looks abit fake and unatural to me (i.e. Innocent Love)

back to the topic- lookin forwad to the review on eps 1 :D hope its good.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 12th, '09, 02:32

finally tonight...

and right now (12am Japanese time) the Voice team is on Waratte iitomo.

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 12th, '09, 14:02

charia-chan wrote:finally tonight...

and right now (12am Japanese time) the Voice team is on Waratte iitomo.
*waits desperately for a subbed/unsubbed upload*

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 12th, '09, 15:50

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 13th, '09, 06:16

I wish another group in addition to Timeless Subs decides to sub this drama....or maybe an individual that has the time to sub releases soon after the RAW has been added here. I really like the subbing of Vox who releases the Kdrama "Boys over Flowers" the same day...incredible quickness.

Voice looks like a good series and there will be plenty of people impatient like Bloody Monday...maybe there will be more people that can sub this series besides just one group.

Btw..yes I know. The subbers do an excellent job...and I like the attitude shown by the guy the subs Boys over Flowers...saying he just wants people to enjoy the series; thats why he subs it.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 14th, '09, 15:34

vaberella wrote:
If you guys have seen CSI, it's ALMOST like that... i think this would be more on the forensic side (hopefully a bit of humor would be added into it)... but they are still interns and would be focusing more on the corpses remains. using the bodies as evidences and discovering the hows and whys of death... although im not sure how the story would really go on... :unsure:

episode 1 garnered only 17% for their rating. i was kind of expecting for them to get atleast a 20% :scratch:
has anyone seen the first episode yet? any feed backs? :D

carmelalalala

Post by carmelalalala » Jan 14th, '09, 18:09

ah i just downloaded it last night~ havent watched it fully cuz my japanese sucks and i can only understand 10% of it, lol!

so im wiating for the subs! thanks girigiri and timelesSub! ^^

tsksquared

Post by tsksquared » Jan 15th, '09, 03:58

Ep 1 thoughts.
what a disappointment. it just felt like any other drama that has a sharp guy solving all the mysteries, a girl that's too uptight, and a goofy dude. it's a real shame because i was looking forward to it because of the cast. I don't know if I'll continue watching this, cause 1st episode just way too typical. Maybe it will get interesting once they start working with bodies.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 15th, '09, 04:02

17% is pretty good in comparison to the others.

Everything just loses to Tenchijin...^^

yanie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by yanie » Jan 15th, '09, 15:18

tsksquared wrote:Ep 1 thoughts.
what a disappointment. it just felt like any other drama that has a sharp guy solving all the mysteries, a girl that's too uptight, and a goofy dude. it's a real shame because i was looking forward to it because of the cast. I don't know if I'll continue watching this, cause 1st episode just way too typical. Maybe it will get interesting once they start working with bodies.
I thought it was just me and medical dramas (never like these type of dramas). From Ep1, I think I can only enjoy Eita and Toma's cute faces xD

petitee

Post by petitee » Jan 16th, '09, 19:43

now i'm waiting for the sub everyday!

wish Gan-z who subbed Maou would sub this, he's amazingly fast

but i'm still thank you,whomever working on this dorama^^

just try to waitin' hehe~

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 16th, '09, 21:24

yeah me too waiting for the subs.... :thumright:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 18th, '09, 04:14

I'm liking the 1st episode, the mood setting, everything. The casts are good, at least for now.
the 'abunai' is pretty funny....then there was the line by Hanei " Forensics Medicine kept me from having to go into jail" - one of my fav quotes and scene when everyone just stared blankly at him afterwards... :lol Eita's hair looks like he didn't comb it when he wakes up, but still fine. And the 1st epi is going on a good pace, developing the characters as it goes on.
gonna continue this drama, it's looking pretty good so far :wub:

EDIT: oops sorry for the double post, didn't realize...

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 18th, '09, 08:18

The first episode was alirght kinda hoped it got better. Oh and they need to show the body when they work on them.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 18th, '09, 09:41

ZoddGuts wrote:The first episode was alirght kinda hoped it got better. Oh and they need to show the body when they work on them.
True, they should make it more like forensics rather than some detective story. There are a few letdowns from the 1st epi but like i said, for me, so far i like it.

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 18th, '09, 11:22

Subs are out already?

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 18th, '09, 11:38

noisia wrote:Subs are out already?
yes,
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_69734.htm

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 18th, '09, 13:32

Woo! thanks avie <3

evigsinne

Post by evigsinne » Jan 18th, '09, 13:37

I liked the first episode well enough, and I like Eita and Toma, so I'm going to continue for at least a couple more episodes... I have a feeling that it could turn out really formulaic and repetitive, though. Here's hoping that feeling is wrong.

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Jan 18th, '09, 13:53

mann eita and toma were great in the first episode! = DDD

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Jan 18th, '09, 15:03

Well...watched it RAW and was all "eh" about it. But then I watched it with subs, and my opinion was better. (once I could understand everything).

I like the cast (and was really excited to see Satou Tomohito get another role so soon after GiraGira), and the show seems interesting enough. I just hope it picks up a little more after the first episode.

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Jan 18th, '09, 15:05

Well...watched it RAW and was all "eh" about it. But then I watched it with subs, and my opinion was better. (once I could understand everything).

I like the cast (and was really excited to see Satou Tomohito get another role so soon after GiraGira), and the show seems interesting enough. I just hope it picks up a little more after the first episode.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post. I had no idea it did that. Can a mod or something fix it since I couldn't?

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jan 19th, '09, 07:50

I'm the same in that medical/dectective stories aren't really my favourite, but I like the cast and the chemistry of the characters seemed to work in this, with perhaps the exception of the goofy character. I hope each episode isn't exactly the same as this one though.

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 19th, '09, 14:06

The first episode was cracking. If only that silly forensic wasn't there, then it would've been 10/10 for me.

chokubi

Post by chokubi » Jan 20th, '09, 06:43

Ep1 was...
...okay-ish. The thing that really turned me off was Kaji Daiki's "I can hear voices" sequence from 38:15 onwards, that's so damn reminiscent to Fukuyama Masaharu's version in Galileo. :doh: :roll
Only redeeming factor to this one is Yada Akiko's comeback, I guess.

sakura_sake

Post by sakura_sake » Jan 21st, '09, 12:34

Loving this! Mystery + comedy :cheers: Also loved the ending song too! So inspiring :thumleft:

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jan 23rd, '09, 02:38

Ep 2 - I admit I was only half watching, half getting ready for work. So I missed a lot. I think overall this will be a show that I like, but not love. Again, love the characters, but the show feels a bit to formulaic.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 23rd, '09, 05:08

it's like CSI, without that much drama... :glare:
all on the forensic side. not that much interesting for me, but still going to watch it for the sake of Eita and Toma. got to compare some acting skills to their previous dramas.. :mrgreen:

gingin

Post by gingin » Jan 23rd, '09, 15:23

I watched the second ep to practise my Japanese skills, so given, I really wasn't able to understand everything, but it seemed a bit lenghty in its explanation(s) I also hope it won't be Daiki who will solve everything the whole drama round.

I really did enjoy the first ep and I even rewatched it, but mostly because of the interaction between the characters. I already adore Daiki, Ryosuke and Hanei as they seem sympathetic and lovable each in their own right, and I'm sure Aki and Teppei will grow on me sooner or later (I hope Teppei will be 'rounded out' a bit more instead of staying some sort of eterneal comical sidekick)

So mainly I hope the attention will shift more to the characters and that they'll take the spotlight instead of the one-case-a-week further on.

I'm pretty sure I'll finish it but the quailty can go either way. I'll just have to find out :)

noisia

Post by noisia » Jan 24th, '09, 20:50

Just finished the second episode and while good, it uses the exact same plot structure as the first episode so that wasn't very interesting. I'm glad mr.goofy is much less goofy this episode and i'm enjoying the more emotional side if medicals rather than the traditional heavy science and drama side of it. It's not that I don't like science and medicine, i'm a biochemist :p

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 25th, '09, 04:31

Watched the first two episodes and have come to a conclusion.........it's boring.

Think it doesn't really have a central plot or character development. It's just about 5 young Med Students in the Forensic Science field examining how a person died. Then one of them (Eita) has a miraculous Voice in his head where he thinks for 5 minutes and then has solved crime..............his character seems so stupid and forced.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 25th, '09, 15:16

just finished 2nd epi and although i'm happy with the interactions among the 5 of them, the funny moments and all, the plot seems to be on a down side for me. The way they solve the cases, doesn't seem that hard, and doesn't even touch on the Forensic side one bit! If it's like that, anyone from the medical or science or even detectives can solve the cases without being a Forensic student... :roll

It's more like a detective and drama than a medical show. The cases so far weren't that interesting. I hope it picks up more soon, if not, i know that i'll be forcing myself to watch this without truly enjoying the content but the actors in there.

menaine

Post by menaine » Jan 25th, '09, 23:08

i agree with you, avieamber

i've watched 2nd ep

so far, it's more like detective drama than medical drama
problem solving of the case doesn't touch forensic side, it's just humanistic instinc of Daiki work

i hope it's there are more complicated cases for the next episodes

yeah i like the 5 of them too, it's seem so much fun when they are hanging out together

fjnoheart

Post by fjnoheart » Jan 27th, '09, 07:25

ow cant wait want to see satomi and toma

hmm medical....iryu type??

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 27th, '09, 10:21

fjnoheart wrote:ow cant wait want to see satomi and toma

barely...you'll just see them walking around in white coats but doesn't touch much on medical.

Erisadesu

Post by Erisadesu » Jan 27th, '09, 16:22

I just saw the 2nd episode...
ok.. if it is to cry in every episode I don't want to see that series...
I really enjoyed but the stories so far are so sad :(
...of course they would have been as we talk about death ... anyway...

Am I the only one who doesn't like Eita's hair in these series?

ps..this series needs more Toma scenes

fjnoheart

Post by fjnoheart » Jan 27th, '09, 16:35

avieamber wrote:
fjnoheart wrote:ow cant wait want to see satomi and toma

barely...you'll just see them walking around in white coats but doesn't touch much on medical.
yah i just read its more detective thing...and i felt kinda envy cause they watched it already :P

menaine

Post by menaine » Jan 27th, '09, 23:55

yeah it more like datective thing
Erisadesu wrote:I just saw the 2nd episode...
ok.. if it is to cry in every episode I don't want to see that series...
I really enjoyed but the stories so far are so sad :(
...of course they would have been as we talk about death ... anyway...

Am I the only one who doesn't like Eita's hair in these series?

ps..this series needs more Toma scenes
it's eita nee... he always appear with his weirdo hair, but ithink in this series his hair is not that bad
but i wanna see him look like in my avatar :D

Erisadesu

Post by Erisadesu » Jan 28th, '09, 10:23

indeed he looks great in your avatar :)