[Discussion]Mei-chan no Shitsuji - Hiro Mizushima

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Mizuki-chan

[Discussion]Mei-chan no Shitsuji - Hiro Mizushima

Post by Mizuki-chan » Jan 12th, '09, 15:39

The new drama with Hiro Mizushima, nana Eikuta and Sato Takeru will be out on 13 january 2009 !

Hiro is so beautiful!! Just love HIM :wub:

Here the official web site : http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/mei-chan/index.html
Last edited by Mizuki-chan on Jan 26th, '09, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Jan 12th, '09, 19:47

Oh wow, the first thing that popped into my mind after seeing that picture was that it looked like Hanazakari no Kimitachi he.

I've never read the manga that this drama's based off of but the story seems a bit weird and I'm not too fond of Nana Eikuta's acting (Dandori anyone?) but I wonder how it will turn out???

I'm really excited to see that Hiro's in it though!!

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Jan 12th, '09, 21:53

peachydomo wrote:Oh wow, the first thing that popped into my mind after seeing that picture was that it looked like Hanazakari no Kimitachi he.

I've never read the manga that this drama's based off of but the story seems a bit weird and I'm not too fond of Nana Eikuta's acting (Dandori anyone?) but I wonder how it will turn out???

I'm really excited to see that Hiro's in it though!!
I actually liked Nana's acting in Dance Drill. The promo picture itself looks similar to Hana-Kimi's, with the fact that they placed all of these people together in rows, but what I love is that while Horikita Maki's "girl-dressed-up-as-a-boy" looked like a girl, I mistook Nana's "girl-who's-just-a-girl" for a guy at first, even though her character isn't meaning to be!

The premise of the manga is more similar to Ouran High School Host Club, though, with guys that cater to girls needs. I've been excited for this for a while, because I think the story itself seems cute.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 12th, '09, 21:57

ah can't wait for it
:lol

peachydomo

Post by peachydomo » Jan 12th, '09, 22:06

lucky_c wrote:The premise of the manga is more similar to Ouran High School Host Club, though, with guys that cater to girls needs. I've been excited for this for a while, because I think the story itself seems cute.
Ahh, I see~ I couldn't find much information about it but it seems like it'll be a fun drama if it's similar to Ouran High School Host Club. :lol

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Jan 12th, '09, 22:11

peachydomo wrote:
lucky_c wrote:The premise of the manga is more similar to Ouran High School Host Club, though, with guys that cater to girls needs. I've been excited for this for a while, because I think the story itself seems cute.
Ahh, I see~ I couldn't find much information about it but it seems like it'll be a fun drama if it's similar to Ouran High School Host Club. :lol
There's a long summary for it here. ^^

Short, non-spoilery version: Mei (Eikura Nana) is an ordinary high school student who learns that she is a member of the Hongo Group, a major corporation, following the death of her parents and transfers to a very exclusive girls school where each person comes with a highly capable butler. With her handsome butler, Shibata Rihito (Mizushima Hiro), Mei overcomes the bullying of her classmates to become a fine young lady.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 13th, '09, 12:41

According to the fansubbing map there will be subs^^ (by 2 groups even?)

and I must say... I am watching episode 1 right now, it's soooo funny!

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 13th, '09, 13:39

I was surprised there wasn't a thread for this drama until now.

Just watched the episode 1. The drama is soooo different from manga. But in a good way, I think. It's more realistic. Somehow it does have a little "Hana Kimi" feeling, maybe 'cause there are at least five actors from that lol

Nomanymore

Post by Nomanymore » Jan 13th, '09, 16:25

Still, it reminds me alot of Hana Kimi, esp the cast... but I won't judge the drama yet for that ^^
For now, one thing is sure Hiro is sooo gorgeous, omg everytime they close up his face.. I squeeze! XD Ayaka is so lucky ^_^
ok, I'll continue this drama, even if it turns out crap, Hiro solely is enough lol

Ps: btw, I uploaded the 1st eps stream here
http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2009/01/ ... tsuji.html

*total biased post*

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 13th, '09, 17:04

waaaaaaaaaaaa... aLL the links are forbidden here.. huhuhu.. Is the subs already available at mysoju or dramacrazy.net?

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 13th, '09, 19:13

colyn7 wrote:waaaaaaaaaaaa... aLL the links are forbidden here.. huhuhu.. Is the subs already available at mysoju or dramacrazy.net?
Dear, the first episode ended around 6 hours ago!

What's with people being so damn unreasonable these days... >_>

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 13th, '09, 20:38

oh well.. can't help getting excited.. better wait till if finishes... :D

mizuki-chan, ur ava is pretty kawaii.. Love it.. :D

Moodilic

Post by Moodilic » Jan 13th, '09, 20:49

Kitaaaa! :D

lunas

Post by lunas » Jan 13th, '09, 23:30

I do hope this will be adapted more closely to the manga than how Hana Kimi turned out to be. Hana Kimi was an okay jdrama by itself but when compared to the manga, it gets your blood boiled.

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 13th, '09, 23:57

lunas wrote:I do hope this will be adapted more closely to the manga than how Hana Kimi turned out to be. Hana Kimi was an okay jdrama by itself but when compared to the manga, it gets your blood boiled.
At least episode 1 is nothing like manga. I think manga is faaaar from being realistic. Drama will likely make more sense in that way.

kimiko_chan1234

Post by kimiko_chan1234 » Jan 14th, '09, 00:34

I agree, but it still sticks to the story presented in the manga...
but, I was wondering:
in some of the scenes, the setting looks exactly like Hana Yori Dango...[as in the school looks exactly like the interior of Domyouji's house]
maybe they used the same sets?

meoinkie2

Post by meoinkie2 » Jan 14th, '09, 09:58

is there someone that will provide softsubs for the drama?? i checked the fansub map, only hardsub releases were indicated..i really hope there'll be softsubs for this..im already downloading the raw and for the benefit of making screencaps of Hiro without the texts..LMAO

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 14th, '09, 13:00

meoinkie2 wrote:i really hope there'll be softsubs for this..im already downloading the raw and for the benefit of making screencaps of Hiro without the texts..LMAO
Dunno, but I hope that too. Since I already have both 704x396 and 1280x720 versions lol

kimiko_chan1234 wrote:I agree, but it still sticks to the story presented in the manga...
but, I was wondering:
in some of the scenes, the setting looks exactly like Hana Yori Dango...[as in the school looks exactly like the interior of Domyouji's house]
All I know it's a British themed resort. One of the workers of that place wrote about her experience: http://community.livejournal.com/mizush ... 61828.html

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 14th, '09, 15:20

Nomanymore wrote:Still, it reminds me alot of Hana Kimi, esp the cast... but I won't judge the drama yet for that ^^
For now, one thing is sure Hiro is sooo gorgeous, omg everytime they close up his face.. I squeeze! XD Ayaka is so lucky ^_^
ok, I'll continue this drama, even if it turns out crap, Hiro solely is enough lol

Ps: btw, I uploaded the 1st eps stream here
http://nomanymore.blogspot.com/2009/01/ ... tsuji.html

*total biased post*

totally agree with you!!!! the promo picture really reminds me of HAnA Kimi, the girl from Hibari Four is also there in the promo pic. i have been waiting for this since last year! lolz... and finally it's up :D so happy... :mrgreen:

btw... is there any news of who's group is taking this?

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 14th, '09, 16:12

biniBningPunkista wrote: btw... is there any news of who's group is taking this?
Fansub map :whistling:

makuii

Post by makuii » Jan 15th, '09, 08:50

Just watched ep 1 online- thanks to nomanymore for the link...^_^
Have to say- I was slightly disappointed...hope it will pick up in later episodes...

And a question:
The manga hasn't finished yet!
So, does anyone know which volume will the live action go up to?

mokudekiru

Post by mokudekiru » Jan 15th, '09, 18:25

I watched the first episode, and while the idea seems cute and has potential, and I'm a huge Mizushima Hiro fan... but the show was totally missing the charm of HYD or the fast-paced editing/cinematography or clever script of Hanazakari, IMO. so... does anyone think this show has a chance of picking up?

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Jan 15th, '09, 19:10

sungie wrote:
meoinkie2 wrote:i really hope there'll be softsubs for this..im already downloading the raw and for the benefit of making screencaps of Hiro without the texts..LMAO
Dunno, but I hope that too. Since I already have both 704x396 and 1280x720 versions lol

kimiko_chan1234 wrote:I agree, but it still sticks to the story presented in the manga...
but, I was wondering:
All I know it's a British themed resort. One of the workers of that place wrote about her experience: http://community.livejournal.com/mizush ... 61828.html
Could you possibly consider screencapping the 1280x720 version? I've done it for the 704x396 one and it's not the best quality for icon making or anything. XD;;

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 15th, '09, 19:38

lucky_c wrote:Could you possibly consider screencapping the 1280x720 version? I've done it for the 704x396 one and it's not the best quality for icon making or anything. XD;;
Sure :)
Do you want screen caps from just the whole episode in general or of certain actors?

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 16th, '09, 02:55

sungie wrote:Fansub map :whistling:
thank you for the link. :D its very useful indeed. ^_^v

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Jan 16th, '09, 03:19

sungie wrote:
lucky_c wrote:Could you possibly consider screencapping the 1280x720 version? I've done it for the 704x396 one and it's not the best quality for icon making or anything. XD;;
Sure :)
Do you want screen caps from just the whole episode in general or of certain actors?
There are actually a few specific scenes that I want caps from, but the whole episode would be AWESOME! XD And hey, if there are any scenes that you want icons from, then I could make them with the caps~ :3 Thank you very much, in advance. ^^

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 16th, '09, 20:19

lucky_c wrote: There are actually a few specific scenes that I want caps from, but the whole episode would be AWESOME! XD And hey, if there are any scenes that you want icons from, then I could make them with the caps~ :3 Thank you very much, in advance. ^^

Here you go~

mei-chan #1 screen caps (1280x720) - tomokaku @ lj.rar
# 232 screen caps
http://sharebee.com/ba19d2bc

If it'd be possible to get an icon of Kobayashi Kinako-Kato Keisuke (e.g. pics 01-069, 01-070, 01-071) it'd be great :D

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Jan 16th, '09, 21:14

sungie wrote:
lucky_c wrote: There are actually a few specific scenes that I want caps from, but the whole episode would be AWESOME! XD And hey, if there are any scenes that you want icons from, then I could make them with the caps~ :3 Thank you very much, in advance. ^^

Here you go~

# 232 screen caps

If it'd be possible to get an icon of Kobayashi Kinako-Kato Keisuke (e.g. pics 01-069, 01-070, 01-071) it'd be great :D
AHHHHHHHH YOU'RE SO AWESOME!!! :FLAILS: :GLOMPS YOU: THANK YOU! XD

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jan 19th, '09, 04:41

Just finished watching episode 1( thank you, unleashthegeek for the subs). This drama has a potential to be good, but Eikura Nana pretty much ruins it with her horrible acting.

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jan 19th, '09, 07:46

I'm a bit sick of these "bullying" stories, but I have to admit that I like the character of Kento (and also love Mizushima Hiro!) and the ending makes me look forward to next week.

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 19th, '09, 12:31

as much as i thought this will be some rip-off from HanaKimi type of comedy flick filled with cute guys and all, i find myself pretty much amused for the most part.

It's not as funny as HanaKimi, but i like the fact that it's a totally different story this time around and having the guys serve the girlz. Although i have to admit, the story itself sounds stupid and crazy, what's with having butlers serving the girls like Goddesses, and the actions they do make me cringe sometimes :crazy: But still, i find myself laughing. It's nice to see cute guys do baka things, and that amuses me :P (i just need some comedy to balance more serious dramas i'm currently watching like VOICE, Triangle...) I guess, for the sake of releasing some stress, I'm gonna continue with this. Oh, btw...i like that small girl (the youngest one) with her butler, they're cute)
Thanks for the subs too, unleashthegeek!!! :thumright:

avieamber
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by avieamber » Jan 19th, '09, 12:35

as much as i thought this will be some rip-off from HanaKimi type of comedy flick filled with cute guys and all, i find myself pretty much amused for the most part.

It's not as funny as HanaKimi, but i like the fact that it's a totally different story this time around and having the guys serve the girlz. Although i have to admit, the story itself sounds stupid and crazy, what's with having butlers serving the girls like Goddesses, and the actions they do make me cringe sometimes :crazy: But still, i find myself laughing. It's nice to see cute guys do baka things, and that amuses me :P (i just need some comedy to balance more serious dramas i'm currently watching like VOICE, Triangle...) I guess, for the sake of releasing some stress, I'm gonna continue with this. Oh, btw...i like that small girl (the youngest one) with her butler, they're cute)
Thanks for the subs too, unleashthegeek!!! :thumright:

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Jan 19th, '09, 15:46

Goodnessgracious wrote:Just finished watching episode 1( thank you, unleashthegeek for the subs). This drama has a potential to be good, but Eikura Nana pretty much ruins it with her horrible acting.
I quite disagree. I think Eikura Nana is doing an awesome job~ She might not be portraying the character the same way as the manga character is, but she doesn't suck, nor is she horrible.

I was wary about watching this because I had only seen her in one other drama before, but I love it! It's cute and light hearted and even has it's bits of drama~ in my opinion, the perfect drama. (For now, since it has only been one episode.)

Yoshiko

Post by Yoshiko » Jan 19th, '09, 18:17

"thank you, unleashthegeek for the subs)"

Where is this sub?

crocus

Post by crocus » Jan 19th, '09, 18:31

Yoshiko wrote:"thank you, unleashthegeek for the subs)"

Where is this sub?

here

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Jan 20th, '09, 14:20

Ooo thanks for the link to the subs! Finally can understand everything.

Yoshiko

Post by Yoshiko » Jan 20th, '09, 16:04

Arigatou, on this blog subs for Akai Ito, yeah xD

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Jan 20th, '09, 17:55

sungie wrote:

Here you go~

# 232 screen caps

Thank you so much for the screencaps! Gotta love Mizushima Hiro in a tuxedo. :wub:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 21st, '09, 13:07

VERY HANA KIMI-ish. the set and the music!!! :lol
but it was so cute!!! episode 1 was enjoyable...
Hiro is such an Eye candy :wub:

lynchmob72

Post by lynchmob72 » Jan 22nd, '09, 01:53

It's surely for comedic value, but i'm liking this one. There seems to be a few different plot twists in the works in the first episode alone, so i think it will get interesting.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 22nd, '09, 02:01

i checked out the manga... and volume one was very different from the very first episode. it was kinda weird, her guy friend from school is supposed to be really kakkoi and should almost look like his older brother.. i like i like the drama setting more than the manga. but i'm still going to check out both for comparison purposes.

Annj

Post by Annj » Jan 22nd, '09, 02:58

I really liked the manga. However the manga is very childish so i guess they are maturing the characters a bit. The drama so far seems totally different than the manga in my opinion.

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Jan 24th, '09, 11:45

Mizu Hiro in a tux :wub: . Whoever posted the screen caps, Thankyou very much!! :D I haven't read the manga but I think both Hiro & Nana look adorable together. I just finished watching the 2nd ep. [spoiler]So at the end of the 2nd ep it is revealed that Yama Yu(Luchia/Shiori) is Nana(Mei)'s 1/2 sister? as I don't think that Mei's mother is also Shiori's? but I wonder why Mei's last name is Shinonome and not Hongo? I thought her dad's last name was Hongo? It's too bad that there can't be any romantic involvement between the Shitsuji and the girls. I hope that in the end Hiro & Nana will become a couple :wub: . In the previews for the 3rd ep, Hiro said to Nana that there is a reason why he wants to be of use to her. I wonder what his reason is, I hope that they are not some how related :pale: as I don't think they are. Also what Aoyama told Mei near the end of the 2nd ep. as thanks for her help he told her how Hiro(Rihito) waited to choose the girl to whom he wants to be of use to/or be a butler to, as he rejected the many girls he could have chose from. Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be? This drama reminds me of Hana Kimi and Hana Dan but it is different and interesting. :mrgreen: I can't wait for next weeks episode.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Machihxh on Jan 24th, '09, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Jan 24th, '09, 12:21

I'm really enjoying this one so far. It's light-hearted and funny. Even if it does follow a similar formula to shows like HanaKimi (hoardes of ikemen). But I think the actors all have good chemistry together, and Hiro is...amazing as always.

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jan 24th, '09, 12:23

^
that is the reason why i read the manga and i posted this on my lj i thought you guys wanna know what happened in the manga

MAJOR SPOILERS
The Manga is different from the drama especially how it started. So things can appear in the drama some things dont appear. Shinonome Mei is actually 13 years old, so is Shibata Kento, but Shibata Rihito is really older, So here's what in the manga:

Lucia/Hongo Shiori (Yamada Yu) - also younger in the manga around same age as Mei. After Shuutaro (Mei's dad) left the Hongo Family, Kintaro adpoted a kid and thats Shiori, she used to be the heir of the Hongo Family, but their grandfather didnt know Shuutaro had a daughter they know it after his death so Kintaro changed the heir to Mei since shes from his real blood. Now shes mad at Mei because, She thinks Mei is in the academy to kill her so she can be the heir and then Rihito used to be her Butler but they changed her butler to shinobu-san now, since Mei appeared.

Shinonome Mei/Hongo Mei - like i said earlier shes suppose to be 13, unlike the drama shes not boyish, shes very bright and polite little girl and she adores Rihito very much. When she was a kid she dreamed of this Bulter saving her and carrying her. she said she hoped to meet her dream butler one day and thats Rihito ^^ She asked Rihito before whats the reason why he became a butler and she said "To serve The Best Mistress" Mei said she will do her best to become the best mistress he ever had, so this is the reason why she attended the school.

Shibata Rihito - Same like in the drama he's polite and everything, his family are all serving the Hongo Family, his mom is the head of the maids of the Hongo family his granfather is the head of the butlers. also understanding his rank "S" they only award the S butlers once every 10 years, so this is the highest rank ever for a butler and its really hard to look for a S Butler. MAJOR SPOILER is before Mei left for Saint Lucia, Kintaro told him he wants Rihito to be Mei's future husband but he has to wait for 5 more years until she becomes a lady, and he wants him to sleep with mei ;__; Rihito doesnt want to do this of course, but he really likes mei <3

Shibata Kento - Kento is also 13. Kento is suppose to be kakkoi and not Loud like in the drama, Kento have this Li Syoran aura in CSS: smart, kakkoii, Ignorant and he really likes mei, he left school just to become a butler and he really studies in the butler school beside Saint Lucia. He doesnt trust his own brother because he overheard him and kintaro talking about him being the future husband and sleeping with mei, but mostly he jealous because he likes mei ^^

also theres a rule in the school: BUTLERS AND MASTERS CANT FALL IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER, but practically in the manga the masters and butlers are in love ^^ but acting like theyre just butlers and masters but they really do care for each other, like their jealous if their butlers look at other girls and stuff ^^

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Jan 24th, '09, 13:50

Shiget^ wrote:^
that is the reason why i read the manga and i posted this on my lj i thought you guys wanna know what happened in the manga

MAJOR SPOILERS
The Manga is different from the drama especially how it started. So things can appear in the drama some things dont appear. Shinonome Mei is actually 13 years old, so is Shibata Kento, but Shibata Rihito is really older, So here's what in the manga:

Lucia/Hongo Shiori (Yamada Yu) - also younger in the manga around same age as Mei. After Shuutaro (Mei's dad) left the Hongo Family, Kintaro adpoted a kid and thats Shiori, she used to be the heir of the Hongo Family, but their grandfather didnt know Shuutaro had a daughter they know it after his death so Kintaro changed the heir to Mei since shes from his real blood. Now shes mad at Mei because, She thinks Mei is in the academy to kill her so she can be the heir and then Rihito used to be her Butler but they changed her butler to shinobu-san now, since Mei appeared.

Shinonome Mei/Hongo Mei - like i said earlier shes suppose to be 13, unlike the drama shes not boyish, shes very bright and polite little girl and she adores Rihito very much. When she was a kid she dreamed of this Bulter saving her and carrying her. she said she hoped to meet her dream butler one day and thats Rihito ^^ She asked Rihito before whats the reason why he became a butler and she said "To serve The Best Mistress" Mei said she will do her best to become the best mistress he ever had, so this is the reason why she attended the school.

Shibata Rihito - Same like in the drama he's polite and everything, his family are all serving the Hongo Family, his mom is the head of the maids of the Hongo family his granfather is the head of the butlers. also understanding his rank "S" they only award the S butlers once every 10 years, so this is the highest rank ever for a butler and its really hard to look for a S Butler. MAJOR SPOILER is before Mei left for Saint Lucia, Kintaro told him he wants Rihito to be Mei's future husband but he has to wait for 5 more years until she becomes a lady, and he wants him to sleep with mei ;__; Rihito doesnt want to do this of course, but he really likes mei <3

Shibata Kento - Kento is also 13. Kento is suppose to be kakkoi and not Loud like in the drama, Kento have this Li Syoran aura in CSS: smart, kakkoii, Ignorant and he really likes mei, he left school just to become a butler and he really studies in the butler school beside Saint Lucia. He doesnt trust his own brother because he overheard him and kintaro talking about him being the future husband and sleeping with mei, but mostly he jealous because he likes mei ^^

also theres a rule in the school: BUTLERS AND MASTERS CANT FALL IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER, but practically in the manga the masters and butlers are in love ^^ but acting like theyre just butlers and masters but they really do care for each other, like their jealous if their butlers look at other girls and stuff ^^
Thankyou very much for the Manga Spoilers Shiget^ :D, those spoilers of the manga made everything a bit more clearer.. Although it looks like they did change things around from the manga to the drama. But in the drama [spoiler]I don't think Rihito served anyone else other then Mei? as Aoyama told Mei about Rihito and how he chose Mei, but in the manga he really was Lucia's butler before Mei's? But in the drama it did seem as if Lucia might like Rihito or the two of them had some kind of a connection from the past or what not. And the reason he wants to be Mei's butler is that so he can be her future husband according to the Manga? :wub: I hope they use that in the drama as well, although I feel bad for Rihito's brother as I think in the drama he likes Mei as well :cry: Thankyou for all the manga clarifications again Shiget^, much appreciated. Shiget^, do you like the manga or the drama better so far from the 2 episodes?[/spoiler]

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jan 25th, '09, 07:51

^
I think he decided to become a butler because theyre family is in it and he wants to serve mainly the hongo family, i think he always says he only wants to serve mei ^^ but of course as the story develops thats its not only to serve her ^^

for me even tho i cried in some chapters in the manga id say the drama is better, coz its funnier moreover the manga is weird coz you'll see mei as a 13 year old and grown man falling in love ;__;

so drama is still the best :thumright:
hey soft subs for ep 2 is out XDD I CANT WAIT FOR EP 3 XDD

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Jan 25th, '09, 08:02

Is the single for the theme song out already? The full song can be listened at this imeem here but I didn't see any downloads for it when I search on google. (>___<)

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Jan 25th, '09, 09:25

j_halo7 wrote:Is the single for the theme song out already? The full song can be listened at this imeem here but I didn't see any downloads for it when I search on google. (>___<)
Release Date: 2009/03/04 is what CDjapan says here.

Thanks for the link! :-)

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Jan 25th, '09, 09:31

o.O I'm amazed at how that person managed to get the full song then.

hollisterluv

Post by hollisterluv » Jan 25th, '09, 15:44

wow... this manga is seriously going to be turned into a drama? o_O the manga had cute art.. but ehh into a drama?! O_O welll lets see how good this is gonna be....

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 25th, '09, 16:12

usually when i check out the manga version of a drama, i end up liking the manga more than the drama. but i think it won't happen with this one.

i also couldn't help but read both Shiget^ and Machihxh's spoilers. :lol
since i already read it might as well give my outtake.

in episode 1, Rihito's younger brother asked him why he was there for Mei instead of serving the Hongo family since he is in fact an S Butler... (the highest position a butler can reach) then he answered his brother, "You already know the reason." or something like that... and that was said with a very meaningful look registered in his face.

when i read the spoilers, the real reason is because he was really in love with Mei in the first place and knew all along that she was from the Hongo family as to what i have understood from the posts. But because this is the Drama version and they have ALTERED a lot of things... i would still like to be at least kept in the dark until everything is revealed and things develop eventually. :D
btw... do you guys have any idea if someone has uploaded the OST and insert song as an MP3 in a downloadable site? (imeem not included)

hollisterluv

Post by hollisterluv » Jan 25th, '09, 21:27

ok then.. i watched the first 2 episodes... and its not like the manga at all. they had their similarities, yet i prefer the manga over the drama of course o_O i would like the drama better if it was more like the manga

ellechic

them saong

Post by ellechic » Jan 25th, '09, 22:36

ah, i was just about to request for the theme song but someone beat me to it. oh well... will have to keep waiting until its release. for now, ill have to settle to listen to the imeem stream and play it over and over! ^_^

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE SUB TEAM! Thanks for subbing the drama~! Keep up the fantastic job! I am absolutely enjoying it!

Honto ni Arigatou!

sungie

Post by sungie » Jan 25th, '09, 22:43

hollisterluv wrote:ok then.. i watched the first 2 episodes... and its not like the manga at all. they had their similarities, yet i prefer the manga over the drama of course o_O i would like the drama better if it was more like the manga
I like drama more since it's at least little bit more realistic (like I probably have said before). Also if the drama was like manga, the whole Mei-Rihito thingy would be sooo perverted and odd.

:whistling:

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jan 26th, '09, 00:16

someone in jdramas rip the one in imeem:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vzudkzztaug
credits: supershunnine

id say i like the drama more because its more realistic and at least rihito here isnt a pedo :lol

im addicted to this drama i wish its wed so i can download ep 3 :P

Yessy89

Post by Yessy89 » Jan 26th, '09, 01:48

YAY! I love Hiro and Takeru...though i didn't think they were going to act as brothers in this drama! XD But still both rock! LOL I really am likeing this drama! He still reminds me of Nanba-semapai only more serious and Takeru is very funny! ♥ Nana is an outstanding actress!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the next ep (3) to be subbed! Thanks to the subbers! :D

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 26th, '09, 01:55

I wish Nana did not cut her hair..........she looked so pretty with long hair. Short hair does not suit her.

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jan 26th, '09, 02:12

^
well mei's hair is suppose to be short in the manga ^^ but i didnt expect it to be that short i was expecting more like maki's hair but oh well, im used to it now ^^

i was very impressed with Mukai Osamu tho he looks exactly like Shinobu in the manga XDDD

Addicted_azn

Post by Addicted_azn » Jan 26th, '09, 02:15

I like the manga better too, but of course they have to change alot of material BECAUSE it's a drama. They can't just follow the manga, I just wish there were more chapters subbed for the manga. I only got up to Volume 3 Chapter 17. Does anyone know any other place that has more chapters subbed?
Shiget^ wrote:someone in jdramas rip the one in imeem:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vzudkzztaug
credits: supershunnine

id say i like the drama more because its more realistic and at least rihito here isnt a pedo :lol

im addicted to this drama i wish its wed so i can download ep 3 :P
thanks for providing the link!!!

Yessy89

Post by Yessy89 » Jan 26th, '09, 02:16

LOL her hair did seem kind of short but it looks good on her! Makes her look more like the character herself! :D

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jan 26th, '09, 02:32

Addicted_azn wrote:I only got up to Volume 3 Chapter 17. Does anyone know any other place that has more chapters subbed?!
sadly none, the only one whos translating the manga is Shoujo Manga Maniac:
http://kawaiiness.free.fr/

and they didnt update Mei-chan no Shitsuji yet :( their last update was Dec 5 ^^

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 26th, '09, 05:32

alright its good for far waiting on ep 3 to see what will happen
and might i say that Hiro looks hot :lol :wub:
and again with bullying wow :glare: my must it always

ZoddGuts

Post by ZoddGuts » Jan 26th, '09, 08:23

The first episode was alright, yeah it had Hana Kimi vibes but didn't like how fast the episode felt like they were rushing through everything which may it hard to get into with the characters nor did I felt bad for the main character for losing her parents, wish they had given more time between her and her parents. We didn't even see her say goodbye to her friends like I said it felt rushed.

This series has potential to be really fun just hope it gets better for it to reach that level like Hana Kimi was fun to watch.

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Jan 26th, '09, 08:46

Shiget^ wrote:^
well mei's hair is suppose to be short in the manga ^^ but i didnt expect it to be that short i was expecting more like maki's hair but oh well, im used to it now ^^

i was very impressed with Mukai Osamu tho he looks exactly like Shinobu in the manga XDDD
Me too! That he can pull off that white suit so well was fascinating from the start. :blink

And I agree with sungie, I also like the drama more. It doesn't feel rushed to me at all... :unsure:

Can't wait for Tuesday! :lol

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Jan 26th, '09, 09:11

Btw, has anybody noticed the twins yet? They are incredibly hot. 8)
I hope we'll see more of them in the next episodes. :wub:

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Jan 26th, '09, 11:27

^ Are those two actors really twins? Or just twins in the drama or manga? Are their names listed in the drama wiki site? If so can anyone tell me what both of their names are? Thankyou very much!! :D

Salz

Post by Salz » Jan 26th, '09, 13:10

the twin look a little like Shun Oguri a little bit from the pic XD

Kae

Post by Kae » Jan 26th, '09, 14:05

I love the first episode. Crack! Having some of the actors from HanaKimi there does not deter. It doesn't have that HanaKimi feel for me. If at all I'd say it's another school drama. I had fun watching if for it's own sake.

j_halo7

Post by j_halo7 » Jan 26th, '09, 15:43

I agree that the twins looks a bit like Oguri Shun. But I didn't notice they were twins. (>____<)

Btw I asked the person who had shared My SunShine by ROCK'A'TRENCH on IMEEM and she sent me the song as well as gave me permission to share it with others. So I've uploaded it in MF and MU at the place below. :)

http://community.livejournal.com/jdramas/2619281.html

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 26th, '09, 16:11

Machihxh wrote: ^ Are those two actors really twins? Or just twins in the drama or manga? Are their names listed in the drama wiki site? If so can anyone tell me what both of their names are? Thankyou very much!! :D
i also thought Shun had a Cameo in this drama when i first saw the twins. lolz.

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Jan 26th, '09, 16:41

They are real twins. :wub:

Takagi Manpei as Akabane Ukon
Takagi Shinpei as Akabane Sakon ... according to DramaWiki, but this seems to be pretty much their first appearance in a drama.

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Jan 26th, '09, 23:14

Maryvel wrote:They are real twins. :wub:

Takagi Manpei as Akabane Ukon
Takagi Shinpei as Akabane Sakon ... according to DramaWiki, but this seems to be pretty much their first appearance in a drama.
Thankyou very much for their names, Maryvel! :D At first, I too thought that one of them might be Oguri Shun, hehe. But then realized that his name wasn't on the cast list so I knew it couldn't be him. :blink

TAL222

Post by TAL222 » Jan 26th, '09, 23:41

THE DRAMA IS SOO GOOD!!
I LOVE HIRO SO MUCH AND I CANT WAIT TO SEE EP 3(:
VERY GOOD START I HOPE IT WILL BE A SUCCSSFUL DRAMAֱ

I'M IN LOVEEEEEEEE.................(: HIROO

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Jan 27th, '09, 17:46

after hearing what the manga is about.
i have decided i will read the manga after the series is finish.
because mostly likely i will still love the manga after the live action.

nana is enjoyable. i dunno how mei-chan is suppose to be like in the manga, but mei in live action is pretty cute. not TOO cute and not annoying. nana is doing a great job in pull off the short hair. i totally want that haircut if i had the guts. lol

hiro seriously makes a great rihito/butler.
(on the side note, i have always been undecided about if ouran host club had a live action, who would become tamaki, now i have the answer. hiro would make the best tamaki :wub: )