Boys Before Flowers (KBS2) Korean version of "Meteor Ga

Discuss Korean drama series here.
Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 18th, '09, 21:29

I only know the Anime and they didn't get married there. But I was satisfied with the ending.

There another Happy Ending I hope for: I hope that this Rui(Ji Hoon) will have one.

athene121

Post by athene121 » Jan 18th, '09, 21:35

But there are still 20 more episodes to air until the ending. TWENTY!!! :D
These next couple months are going to be LOOOOOOOONG just b/c the wait is so excruciating!

I am more looking fwd to Eps 5 & 6 rather than the ending (and, yes, I do hope Ji Hoo for once gets a happy ending instead of ending up alone like Ashley Wilkes and all the other past Ruis). But if the directors don't want to stray far from the manga, then... :cry: Oh, well, this adapation is pretty well done in so far that I don't have many or any complaints. A first for a drama.

amktsy

Post by amktsy » Jan 19th, '09, 08:13

I post prefer Yoona to act as Shan Cai.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jan 19th, '09, 11:19

hmmm... i'd rather that they don't stray with the story line even if it means rui (ji hoo) has to stay single up to the very end episode. :whistling:

i've finally watched episode 1-2 with subs then 3 raw.
i am really really enjoying the show, reminds me so much of the HYD Japanese, Joon Pyo reminds me of Dao Ming Ze of meteor garden. he looks like Jerry Yan! (don't kill me for saying that) but seriously... he does in some angles. I'm starting to love the actor starring as Jun Pyo. he's so cute when he laughs by himself!!!

episode three was cute too.
though i wasn't able to understand 98% of what they were talking about at least i was able to watch the show properly without reading anything.
the part where Joon Pyo tried to give Jan Di the goggles was cute and i like the part when Jan Di was very shocked to realize that she was in Joon Pyo's place, then tried to apologize when she realized what just happened was really funny.

nokchan

Post by nokchan » Jan 19th, '09, 17:57

I wasn't sure whether I was going to be happy with a korean version of BOF or not. I Loved the japanese version. I HATED (with the power of thousand suns - no offense) the taiwan version.

And when I saw the picture I was also not happy with the cast.

Now: ME LIKEY! :mrgreen:

It is pretty close to the japanese version at parts (meaning there is actually something happen) but has still a new view on it.

The first thing I like it that Jan Di and the F4 Boys are actually teenagers. Especially Jun Pyo. And the sad truth is that teens are sometimes a bit *ssy. Not all of them. Don't want to generelize but... well... some of them just are. And it is part of being a teen.

So I never saw why they had to be all mature.

I like this cat and mouse game that they are playing. I like that they yell and are stubborn and never seem to get anywhere.

Secondly. I apologize to the Jun Pyo actor. I never thought I like him. But I do. Not because he is tall and handsome (okay... I do too. But I'm shallow. Don't follow my lead!)

Third. I like that they introduced the Shinwa group. In the japanese version they were all like: The Domyouji group is the up and down of japans economy. yadda yadda. But by introducing it and showing how big it actually is, it is easier to imagine.

Over all I think I will be more and more into this. I can't wait for the next eps.... Thumps up!

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 19th, '09, 18:17

You're right with the point about teens. I like it to. In MG I couldn't really get into the idea of them being teens.
Korean Versiob is really ok, The actor of Gyun Pyo it the youngest but the drama gives me actually the impression that he is the oldest(only from his (mature xD) look)

Goodnessgracious

Post by Goodnessgracious » Jan 20th, '09, 00:39

There is something off about this drama. There is no chemistry between the characters. No chemistry between Jandi and her parents, no chemistry between F4 members (except for Yi Jeong and Woo Bin), no chemistry between Jandi and Ji Hoo. And what is most upsetting, there is a lack of chemistry between Jandi and Joon Pyo. Honestly, the relationship between Yi Jeong and Ga Eul is much more exiting than that of the main couple.
I think that Lee Min Ho is amazing, but unfortunately it takes two to tango and Goo Hye Sun doen not deliver the expectations.
I don't know what the casting directors were thinking. Think about it. If only Goo hye Sun were replaced with Kim So Eun (she plays Ga Eul) and Kim Hyun Joong with Kim Bum, this drama would have become much better. But well, it is too late now. It is a pity that secondary characters overshadow the main ones. Once again, I believe that Lee Min Ho is doing a damn good job, but unfortunately he is the only one out of three main characters who deselves to be the main character.

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jan 20th, '09, 02:31

Kamenashi wrote:In MG I couldn't really get into the idea of them being teens.
In MG, weren't they supposed to be 20something characters in college? I'm not sure, since I haven't seen it in years.

milynayang

Post by milynayang » Jan 20th, '09, 07:21

I seriously did not like it. I wish it was a different girl and i wish her hair was longer. why is it short? in the manga she has long hair. Her acting is kind of annoying. I love the japanese version. None will every beat it. I love Mao and Shota and Shun. haha. I want to watch it again.

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 20th, '09, 08:38

The main OST song is growing on me now after 5 episodes.

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 20th, '09, 10:31

XiaoPauli wrote:
In MG, weren't they supposed to be 20something characters in college? I'm not sure, since I haven't seen it in years.
I don`t know what they were supposed to be. But in the end.. the scenes in the school are to few.. or rather.. it's not really obvious where it is. Would have liked them with uniforms too.

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jan 20th, '09, 11:47

Kamenashi wrote:
XiaoPauli wrote:
I don`t know what they were supposed to be. But in the end.. the scenes in the school are to few.. or rather.. it's not really obvious where it is. Would have liked them with uniforms too.
It would have been awkward for them to wear uniforms in MG, since it did take place in college. :D Did you mean you would have liked them better if it took place with the original high school setting?

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 20th, '09, 12:26

yes, that's what I mean.
Dao Ming Si is so immature so it shouldn't be a college. But anyway, i mentioned before that I look at MG from a different angle. For me it's not really a version of HDY. It's more like another story.
Last edited by Jazzl on Jan 21st, '09, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.

shosef

Post by shosef » Jan 20th, '09, 13:30

for me...i love MG the best....i'm not saying HYD is not good...but for me when i first saw MG...i felt that the actors (though i must say their acting skills still need a little bit of polish but it's forgivable since it was their first acting job same goes to Barbie, i believe though she did well) really fit their characters well...even when F4 got famous here, when i watched it several times i think of their characters not as Jerry Yan, Ken Zhu, etc....and i also love how in MG the friendship of F4 (all 4 of them...not just the Tsukasa and Rui friendship) was shown....there were quite a few scenes that shows their friendship....you could see them trying to help out each other (mostly when Dao Ming Si has problems).....and lastly, though i have my reservations about Boys before Flowers...i think it's doing well....especially the lead...though i must agree that the hairstyle of the leading lady should have been the one in the promotional pics for Boys Before Flowers....but otherwise the story is ok.....and i also notice that the lines are more similar to MG than HYD...i haven't read the manga but i think they followed most of the conversations there...lines like "if apologies work, what are the police for?"...etc....

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 20th, '09, 15:00

Mg as its own thing.. i like it really much too.

Ep 5 of BFB is really nice.
The part on Caledonia is really nice ;.;.. and the scene at the end were Jan Di thanked Jun Pyo is touching. He tried to say sorryy, because he didn't knew why she was sad..

Jun Pyo looks really hot:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/19 ... %20pyo.JPG

tomato-chan

Post by tomato-chan » Jan 20th, '09, 17:06

this has turned into a comparison thread xD;

if you're going to watch the first episode grumbling and comparing it with HYD or MG all the way, don't watch it! there's no way a person will like it if he/she keeps thinking about how great HYD is and how bad BOF will be.

i've watched BOF till episode 5 so far, and i think it's good. sure, there're some flaws here and there, but it's still pretty much enjoyable. and the cast is already fixed, so there's no use complaining about who should be jandi, jihoo or whoever. all of them are probably trying their best to meet our (high) expectations :)

on the other hand, i'm getting excited for episode 6:
jandi and jihoo kiss! xD

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 20th, '09, 18:24

don't be mad xD i think it's a natural thing to compare.

for my part: when I see it, i don't thing "ah.. this was better" or something like this.. only this thread leads me to think about it, so it's ok. While looking it there are not this thoughts because i'm so happy to see it.
Last edited by Jazzl on Jan 21st, '09, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by XiaoPauli » Jan 21st, '09, 04:20

Kamenashi wrote:It more like another story.
It is! As time went on, I've been more accepting of that. What you said, I couldn't have put it any better. :D MG does seem more "inspired' than "based" on HYD.

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 21st, '09, 18:17

Kamenashi wrote:Mg as its own thing.. i like it really much too.

Ep 5 of BFB is really nice.
The part on Caledonia is really nice ;.;.. and the scene at the end were Jan Di thanked Jun Pyo is touching. He tried to say sorryy, because he didn't knew why she was sad..

Jun Pyo looks really hot:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/19 ... %20pyo.JPG

yup it sure does
it takes to a different level of things
yea that :D scene also i like it how she made him scared because of the snake in the water :lol lol

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 21st, '09, 18:29

misuzana wrote: yup it sure does
it takes to a different level of things
yea that :D scene also i like it how she made him scared because of the snake in the water :lol lol

xD i like ep 6 very much too
it was a really sad episode.
It was the best version to show the relationship between Jan Di and Ji Hoo. It wasn't like: "It's just like that. No reason. blabla" I really was touched and I really had the feeling of understanding both of them. The triangle.. i can understand it better now.. or rather, now i have the right feeling for this. It`s the first time when I see this that i don't think it's too exaggerated or to.. slow.
I was so really sad epsiode. I was really touched when Ji Hoo and Jan Di met again at the beach and they hugged each other and Hoo cried. "I'm cold".."I'm so cold. I can't bear with it".. but it was even more sad when Jun Pyo appeared and talked about his anger hand how he showed her his heart.. wha.. poor Jun Pyo. I really sympatisize with him.

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jan 22nd, '09, 00:04

im still waiting for the saturn neckalce to appear and also how he and she escape from his evil mother lol...

athene121

Post by athene121 » Jan 22nd, '09, 00:53

So it's been awhile since I've seen Meteor Garden, but aside from the ending - does Jan Di ever declare she loves Jun Pyo and they get together for real...? I mean, right now, I am kind of mad there's a love triangle, though I understand why and it's really good how they explained all this. I just feel really, really bad for Jun Pyo right now and that's why I want a 'quick fix' to this love problem. :wub:
Thanks!

PS: The fight scene between Junpyo, jandi, and Jihoo - very well done! Very! I mean the part where Jun Pyo says "I showed you my heart, my true self..." I mean, he practically bared his soul for her and she still can't get over her silly girlish hero - the one guy who saved her all those times Junpyo was a bully. I mean, in a way, JP kind of brought all of this heartache on himself; had he not bullied JD and she didn't need any saving, JP might have had a less rough road ahead of him. Poor guy. Poor JunPyo. I don't really like JiHoo that much. He KNEW JP loved JD and yet instead of pushing her towards JP like she did for him and Seo Hyun, he breaks up F4!!! He lead her on making her believe he liked her! I don't *really* believe for one sec that JiHoo loves JanDi. He cares for her sure, but there's a limit to his love, whereas with JunPyo, there IS no limit. His love for JanDi is boundless.

vivilp182

Post by vivilp182 » Jan 22nd, '09, 01:54

Goodnessgracious wrote:There is something off about this drama. There is no chemistry between the characters. No chemistry between Jandi and her parents, no chemistry between F4 members (except for Yi Jeong and Woo Bin), no chemistry between Jandi and Ji Hoo. And what is most upsetting, there is a lack of chemistry between Jandi and Joon Pyo. Honestly, the relationship between Yi Jeong and Ga Eul is much more exiting than that of the main couple.
I think that Lee Min Ho is amazing, but unfortunately it takes two to tango and Goo Hye Sun doen not deliver the expectations.
I don't know what the casting directors were thinking. Think about it. If only Goo hye Sun were replaced with Kim So Eun (she plays Ga Eul) and Kim Hyun Joong with Kim Bum, this drama would have become much better. But well, it is too late now. It is a pity that secondary characters overshadow the main ones. Once again, I believe that Lee Min Ho is doing a damn good job, but unfortunately he is the only one out of three main characters who deselves to be the main character.
I totally agree with you, there's no chemistry between the characteres, especially with Jan Di and Joon Pyo.... I love how Joon Pyo is being done, but Jan Di annoys me, she seems much older than him, and the short hair doesn't help either. I mean I'm still waiting for a moment which I can see that Jan Di actually feels something for Joon Pyo... In ep6, I really felt sorry for Joon Pyo and got so mad with Jan Di that I didn't even feel like rooting for this couple.
I also like the relationship between Ga Eul and Yi Jung a lot, it seems natural.
So I think this drama isn't that great, but it's enjoyable. So far I'm watching it cause of Joon Pyo...

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jan 22nd, '09, 01:56

vivilp182 wrote:
Goodnessgracious wrote:There is something off about this drama. There is no chemistry between the characters. No chemistry between Jandi and her parents, no chemistry between F4 members (except for Yi Jeong and Woo Bin), no chemistry between Jandi and Ji Hoo. And what is most upsetting, there is a lack of chemistry between Jandi and Joon Pyo. Honestly, the relationship between Yi Jeong and Ga Eul is much more exiting than that of the main couple.
I totally agree with you, there's no chemistry between the characteres, especially with Jan Di and Joon Pyo.... I love how Joon Pyo is being done, but Jan Di annoys me, she seems much older than him, and the short hair doesn't help either. I mean I'm still waiting for a moment which I can see that Jan Di actually feels something for Joon Pyo... In ep6, I really felt sorry for Joon Pyo and got so mad with Jan Di that I didn't even feel like rooting for this couple.
I also like the relationship between Ga Eul and Yi Jung a lot, it seems natural.
So I think this drama isn't that great, but it's enjoyable. So far I'm watching it cause of Joon Pyo...
i also agree with u all. i really hope that the story will go into how both of them really like each other instead of triangle here and there...but i think the remaining 18 episodes will tell alot...

yeonga

Post by yeonga » Jan 22nd, '09, 06:45

Forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place but when I went to find episode 5 for download, I didn't see it but I saw episode 6. ??

EDITED

Nevermind I figured it out. Some of the torrents are named Boys Over Flowers and others are Boys Before Flowers. That's why I could find 5 because it was listed under Boys Before Flowers.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jan 22nd, '09, 10:27

I am really enjoying each episode of BOF, it's soo good :mrgreen:
But I hope it doesn't end up llike the ending of Meteor Garden or else I won't be happy ...
When all she says at the end is that she likes him and they just walk hand in hand, the end! I don't want that :glare: I want a big kiss scene between the two, and her finally tellin him she does love him and ya kno all that lovey dovey stuff :wub: :lol
I hope so!! Then I'll be happy :cheers:

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 22nd, '09, 13:33

akiko-chico wrote:I am really enjoying each episode of BOF, it's soo good :mrgreen:
But I hope it doesn't end up llike the ending of Meteor Garden or else I won't be happy ...
When all she says at the end is that she likes him and they just walk hand in hand, the end! I don't want that :glare: I want a big kiss scene between the two, and her finally tellin him she does love him and ya kno all that lovey dovey stuff :wub: :lol
I hope so!! Then I'll be happy :cheers:
i don't think it will end like that xD

babiiphatt

Stop comparing and enjoy the show

Post by babiiphatt » Jan 22nd, '09, 22:32

You know, i think its better off that we watch this show as it is and not compare it to any other shows. Only then, can you actually enjoy the show instead of finding things to criticize or compare to in other versions.

Dont get me wrong, i have watched the other 2 versions too. But i think that when we watch something, its better for us to put ourselves into their shoes and be able to feel the tension and feelings associated with it, then to sit there and think about how alike or different it is from the other versions.

I personally like the korean version very much. Its not very fast but at the same time not dragging. And gosh, there are so many moments that were cheesy and made me smile. I dont know about you guys, but i definately felt the chemistry. In the beginning it is suppose to be that way, because she isnt suppose to realize that he is actully the one she has feelings for until she actually loses him. She has taken him for granted because he was always doing things for her. Couldnt you all feel the love that he has given her? He hasnt dated before, as he noted in the begining episodes so of course he has no experience. But when his heart beats fast and he starts to freak out, dont you all think that cute? Like how he threw the towel in her face while tending to her injuries.

The last part of episode 6, when she lost him and he doesnt acknowlege her anymore, she started to reallize all the things he done for her. Isnt that the same as our real lives? Im sure you all went through that. I did. She finally got to be with the person whom she thought she loved but instead, she missed GJP, an fought back tears drawing a picture of him against the wall.

Maybe the way i watch movies, are different from you all. But why dont everyone just forget the past versions and enjoy the show like it was the first version. Only then you can enjoy it for what it really is.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jan 23rd, '09, 00:13

BigHeadDog wrote:
vivilp182 wrote: I mean I'm still waiting for a moment which I can see that Jan Di actually feels something for Joon Pyo... In ep6, I really felt sorry for Joon Pyo and got so mad with Jan Di that I didn't even feel like rooting for this couple.
i also agree with u all. i really hope that the story will go into how both of them really like each other instead of triangle here and there...but i think the remaining 18 episodes will tell alot...
The triangle and the rocky start are unfortunately a part of the HYD story and it's been that way in every version they've made. Honestly, I got really tired of the on-off- relationship they had for like, 15 episodes of the Japanese version. In the end, I just watched the whole series for Oguri Shun and Matsuda Shota looking yummy. So I'm not really in a hurry to start that rollercoaster yet, it's much more fun to see it develop, since pretty much every relationship (in dramas) gets really tired after they've gotten together. There's still helluva lot of episodes to go, I'm sure we'll get to the romance part real soon.

Anyways, I really enjoyed epis 3 and 4. I'm totally ecstatic about the Yi Jong - Ga Eul romance-to-come. They are just soooo adorable together! The girl is so pretty too! :wub: Lee Min Ho is still totally awesome as Jun Pyo and I'm really glad that in this version I actually like the main man. I've even come to like Woo Bin (I'm still trying to forget about the "yo yo" gangsta act), his chemistry with Yi Jong is great. Their underworld shenanigans were priceless. I especially enjoyed the funny looking dance Woo Bin did at the club. :lol
The only thing I've come to dislike is Hyun Joong. Ah, I so wanted to like him! He's totally the epitome of Rui, looks-wise, but he's bad even when he's quiet and worse when he actually talks. Fighting, Hyun Joong! Don't spoil this drama for me!

josean06

Post by josean06 » Jan 23rd, '09, 01:05

Anyone thinking that although this is a drama itself. Isn't weird how they just cut and paste scenes from the manga/Japanese version into the episode. I know they're trying their own derivative of HYD, but it's just a little off for me. I mean you can't help but thinking about the manga or the Japanese version to this one. Like the scenes don't transition well to the next you know? And it seems like Jan Di is more independent on this one. She has no friends that she really talks to, and she seeks advice from the F4..... Jun Pyo's sister hasn't come up yet, and all the drama (meaning drama, lol) has yet to even begin.I do like some of the "changes" in scenes such as the elevator scene, and others.

But I'm starting to like the chemistry between Jun Pyo and Jan Di, but there's still something missing from this drama. There's not really a lot of character development, I mean they do have to span 24 episodes, and a whole hour+. If we were to compare this to I guess the Japanese version of the drama, we would be around episode 4/5 or so right? I mean to the current one of 6 in the Korean. But I'm sure they'll slow everything down. And maybe add a lot of other scenes that they missed in the Japanese one. I miss having Tsukushi (Jan Di) being the narrator, in the Taiwan version there was also.. But in the Japanese version, it filled holes, and actually fit into the story, since it is her story. It let us know her emotions and her feelings. Oh and in episode 4, Sakurako's reaction to Jan Di and Jun Pyo was a little too much?

I would wish that I could just block the comparisons, and treat this as a separate drama, but I can't. LoL i could with Hana Kimi actually, with the Taiwan version, and same with Meteor Garden and HYD, but I can't with this one... I wonder why? It wasn't the expectations, I think more of an evaluation. To see if this one could live up to standards.

Anyone know if they showed both HYD and Meteor Garden in Korea? I'm sure they had, since Koreans love Arashi lol. I'm sorry if I'm really bagging on this drama, it's because I am. I do like it so far, but for some reason, it's kinda a bit boring at times. There isn't much of a hook really. I think it's the music lol. I really don't like this one song, it's that one song where the guy sings all happily, "In my life!" I'm like lol, this song is funny. I really liked the FIGHTO! songs, the piano ballads and how each part of the Japanese soundtrack really helped the story. But the Korean one, like the Taiwanese version, are both music-less, except with all of the inserts of the vocal songs. Well, if you're angry by my post, then oh well, it's just my opinion as of the 6th episode. My rating of the drama is at 6/10 right now, Ironically.

tkah

Post by tkah » Jan 23rd, '09, 01:09

I was really thinking this version was my favorite but I am starting to change my mind. I will hold off until the last episode before deciding.

mittens

Post by mittens » Jan 23rd, '09, 12:30

I love Hana Yori dango so much but I think Kkotboda namja is also fun to watch. The thing about this drama is that goo joon pyo's character is more likable and more sensitive compared to Domyouji's and DX's character. I think what they lack in this drama is more on musical background which I think Hana Yori dango did an excellent job. But overall, this drama is also addicting although I already know the story very well.. hehe :)

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 23rd, '09, 12:55

SSpiegel wrote:

Anyways, I really enjoyed epis 3 and 4. I'm totally ecstatic about the Yi Jong - Ga Eul romance-to-come.

The only thing I've come to dislike is Hyun Joong. Ah, I so wanted to like him! He's totally the epitome of Rui, looks-wise, but he's bad even when he's quiet and worse when he actually talks. Fighting, Hyun Joong! Don't spoil this drama for me!

i really like this version of the triangle xD i really come to understand it...
You´re right xD Ga Eul and Yi Jong.. that's really interesting. I`m happy to see what'll happen to them.
xD I like this Rui.

@babiiphatt
you're right.. but for me, as i mentioned...i only compare in this thread.. when it comes to watching I don't think about the other versions or start to compare ^^

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Jan 23rd, '09, 13:06

tkah wrote:I was really thinking this version was my favorite but I am starting to change my mind. I will hold off until the last episode before deciding.
Same here. I always have high regard for Korean series since they're so good at it but this one disappointed me. I think the main reason is the cast-the main female actor does not have that "screen charm" that draw me right into it like I feel for other series, and what's up with "curly?" (the boy) LOL

aimlesswanderer

Post by aimlesswanderer » Jan 23rd, '09, 15:05

Hmm, I'm not sure that I can hack yet another series (watchd Meteor Garden, the HYD anime, and HYD LA) whose plot and characters are basically the same... perhaps it is that which makes me get more annoyed at the massive, bizzare plot holes and stupid behaviour. That and I find that my tolerance of such decreases as I age.

Plus, if the heroine is a competition swimmer she has ridiculously tiny shoulders!! And she doesn't look like she can swim that well, which is kinda problematic.

vivilp182

Post by vivilp182 » Jan 23rd, '09, 17:34

ImL0st wrote:the main female actor does not have that "screen charm" that draw me right into it like I feel for other series
I know what you mean... When I had found out that it'd have a korean version of HYD I thought 'that's great' cause Makino fits in the strong-crazy-charming girls that there're in kdramas, but somehow the actress playing Jan Di doesn't deliver my expectations. Jan Di lacks that something that leading female characteres from kdramas like fullhouse, goong or my girl have.

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jan 24th, '09, 15:43

it seems that all the version for episode 6 are w/o trailer for episode 7. thus any1 knows where can i view episode 7 trailer?

XiaoPauli
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Stop comparing and enjoy the show

Post by XiaoPauli » Jan 25th, '09, 08:15

I honestly think that if it weren't for MG and HYD, people would easily be ranking this series up there with Full House and My Girl. Seems like hindsight is preventing people from enjoying the series more. Remember that w/ Full House and My Girl, people were watching an unfamiliar series. For a plot that's been done several times already, the Korean interpretation of BBF is doing a pretty decent job in keeping things fresh while still keeping in with the original storyline.

We'll see if BBF can finish as strong as with the other K-drama classics, but I'm liking how this series is going. The best thing the people behind BBF did was not directly copy HYD.

And am I the only one thinking that Koo Hye Sun is playing her part as Jan Di a little better than Inoue Mao did with Makino. I liked Mao's interpretaton of Makino, but Koo's a better actress.

athene121

Re: Stop comparing and enjoy the show

Post by athene121 » Jan 25th, '09, 08:56

XiaoPauli wrote:
And am I the only one thinking that Koo Hye Sun is playing her part as Jan Di a little better than Inoue Mao did with Makino. I liked Mao's interpretaton of Makino, but Koo's a better actress.
Sorry to dissapoint :whistling: but you are not the only person who thinks Gu Hye Sun is a better Makino than in ones from past adapations. She is actually pretty consistent in her acting because she is *always* treating Jun Pyo the way he wants to be treated: with a little pouting and a little shouting - AND it's a plus if he gets kicked or slapped b/c that's as close to physical contact he'll ever get! :wub: Such fire! I haven't seen such feistiness in Inoue Mao or Barbie Xsu the way I see it in Hye Sun's voice and facial expresions ,you know? She is firm. She does NOT allow Jun Pyo to kiss her where as Barbie gets kissed by Jerry like after he rescues her. So even though I am disappointed no action has actually happened, yet .... I *still* love Jan Di and Jun Pyo as a couple more than any other drama lead pairs I have seen since ISWAK and Mars; the only similarities they have w/ such dramas (besides that fact that they are based on mangas) is that the each couple is completely mismatched yet so perfect for each other b/c they *want* to be. :thumright:

[Below]: A collage/montage/composities of Jan Di and Jun Pyo.

Here's to Jan Di and Jun Pyo - may their love blossom blissfully, forever into eternity.

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jan 25th, '09, 14:34

managed to watch the 2 previews for episode 7 and i can say that it is getting more and more exciting lol...

LillyKane

Post by LillyKane » Jan 25th, '09, 17:41

I agree Jan Di is better than Mao's Makino. I think this Jan Di is way more mature and of course consistent in her dislike for Jun Pyo, she knows something is changing inside her, regarding her feelings for him, but she doesn't jump to the "instantly in love" action.

The reason that has me enjoying this version so much is the lenght of korean dramas, finally they have the whole plot to work with and time to show it right. This is also the first time I caught myself favoring a Domyouji vs. a Rui. I really like Lee Min Ho's reading of the character.
Can't wait for episode seven. Someone can tell me where to watch the preview?

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jan 26th, '09, 06:42

LillyKane wrote:I agree Jan Di is better than Mao's Makino. I think this Jan Di is way more mature and of course consistent in her dislike for Jun Pyo, she knows something is changing inside her, regarding her feelings for him, but she doesn't jump to the "instantly in love" action.

The reason that has me enjoying this version so much is the lenght of korean dramas, finally they have the whole plot to work with and time to show it right. This is also the first time I caught myself favoring a Domyouji vs. a Rui. I really like Lee Min Ho's reading of the character.
Can't wait for episode seven. Someone can tell me where to watch the preview?
i watched both previews from youtube...

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 27th, '09, 00:17

I find myself rooting against Jan Di...she just doesn't have that nice character than Makino of the Jversion had. Jan Di is not so innocent like Makino having already allowed Ji Hoo to kiss her whenever he pleases. That's just despicable by Ji Hoo...supposed to be a best friend of Jun Pyo. It's so low and an unforgivable act. Thing is...he's just doing it to tick off Jun Pyo, so he's just fooling around with Jan Di.

I just find that totally low. I wish the main lead actress changes and Jun Pyo finds someone better and makes Jan Di regret throwing back his love for in his face. Man...Kdramas always want to go to the difficult root...but why taint Jan Di's character? It would have been better if she had been kept innocent...but she's already smooched Ji Hoo and lets him kiss her on the forehead everytime he wants.

Ji Hoo totally deserves the abandondment by the other two F4 characters...love that scene when they said they'll swim for Jun Pyo. Ha......you don't do make a move on your best friends girl.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jan 27th, '09, 07:05

Arsenal1508 wrote:I find myself rooting against Jan Di...she just doesn't have that nice character than Makino of the Jversion had. Jan Di is not so innocent like Makino having already allowed Ji Hoo to kiss her whenever he pleases. That's just despicable by Ji Hoo...supposed to be a best friend of Jun Pyo. It's so low and an unforgivable act. Thing is...he's just doing it to tick off Jun Pyo, so he's just fooling around with Jan Di.

I just find that totally low. I wish the main lead actress changes and Jun Pyo finds someone better and makes Jan Di regret throwing back his love for in his face. Man...Kdramas always want to go to the difficult root...but why taint Jan Di's character? It would have been better if she had been kept innocent...but she's already smooched Ji Hoo and lets him kiss her on the forehead everytime he wants.

Ji Hoo totally deserves the abandondment by the other two F4 characters...love that scene when they said they'll swim for Jun Pyo. Ha......you don't do make a move on your best friends girl.
That's some harsh criticism there... I kind of get it, but then I don't.
I think it's been pretty obvious that Jan Di has liked Ji Hoo all along. While it's not exactly cool to mess around with someone your friend has an eye on, but I do understand him. I don't think he did it to tick off Jun Pyo, I think he was just sad and went a little crazy and wanted to shake things up a bit. I think he was pretty mad at himself and kind of wanted to make other people hate him too... Ah, I don't know how to say it properly...
Anyway, since Jun Pyo has done nothing but force Jan Di with him everywhere and forcing his love on her, I can see why she's not in to him yet. Especially when she has feelings for Ji Hoo. While Jun Pyo is sincere and does touching things too, I think he's a bit of a bully and Jan Di has no chance to say anything when he gets his mind on something. The claim he has made on Jan Di is only his own, Jan Di hasn't agreed on it (though she could've been a bit more vocal about it...).
It's been quite a while since I've watched HYD, so I can't really remember how this triangle was handled on that one, but I think it was downplayed a lot comparing to other versions. If I remember correctly, the Japanese version is the only one where Makino's first kiss isn't Rui. The manga and anime has it, Meteor Garden has it (one of the best kisses in Taiwanese dramas, too) and now Boys Over Flowers has it. Getting kissed by the guy she likes... she's tainted? Hmm... I just can't agree. I don't think it takes away from her innocence at all.

Arsenal1508

Post by Arsenal1508 » Jan 27th, '09, 09:58

Yeah...but I still think her first kiss should have been with Jun Pyo...whether it was accidental or not...then I don't think I would have minded the situation currently with Ji Hoo.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jan 27th, '09, 10:39

Arsenal1508 wrote:Yeah...but I still think her first kiss should have been with Jun Pyo...whether it was accidental or not...then I don't think I would have minded the situation currently with Ji Hoo.
Her first kiss was Jun Pyo, when she saved him from drowning in the pool and she resusitated him. But he tricked her and wanted her kisses instead hehe, didn't you see him open his eyes, he tricked her and tried to pull her closer to him but ofcourse she punched him :lol
Altho I guess that wasn't like a great first kiss was it, but better than nothin! haha

I love this drama, can't wait for more :mrgreen:

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Jan 27th, '09, 12:47

akiko-chico wrote:
Her first kiss was Jun Pyo, when she saved him from drowning in the pool and she resusitated him.
Haha, yeah, if you count that as a kiss! :lol

BigHeadDog

Post by BigHeadDog » Jan 27th, '09, 13:30

i watched episode 7 and after watching the preview for episdoe 8 i can feel that something bacd is going to happen in the next episode.

vivilp182

Post by vivilp182 » Jan 27th, '09, 16:37

Arsenal1508 wrote:I find myself rooting against Jan Di...she just doesn't have that nice character than Makino of the Jversion had. Jan Di is not so innocent like Makino having already allowed Ji Hoo to kiss her whenever he pleases. That's just despicable by Ji Hoo...supposed to be a best friend of Jun Pyo. It's so low and an unforgivable act. Thing is...he's just doing it to tick off Jun Pyo, so he's just fooling around with Jan Di.

I agree with some things you wrote....
I hate triangles, and in this drama they're developing it really bad. I mean all I see is Jun Pyo interfering in Jan Di and Ji Hoo's "love" ( I don't know if they're already there hehe) for each other. I feel sorry for Jun Pyo cause Jan Di doesn't care for him and there's no hint that she likes him just a little bit. I also wish Jun Pyo can find somebody else.
Other thing that annoys me is the drama often trying to show how everybody but Jun Pyo is so nice and morally superior, when even Ji Hoo did some bad stuffs too, like kissing his friend's girl or playing dirty to win the car race. I don't know how they'll manage to be friends again. Besides their friendship never really seemed that strong, Jun Pyo seems closer to Yi Jung.
I totally loved when F4 stood up for Jun Pyo too!
EDIT: I kinda liked how they handled this friendship in ep7. Ji Hoo was finally nice and not weird hehe!
Last edited by vivilp182 on Jan 28th, '09, 03:55, edited 1 time in total.

talays

Post by talays » Jan 27th, '09, 16:52

Please keep in mind that this Korean version. Referring to previous korean dramas not just friends but even brothers may be fall in love to the same girl and after many incidents you just realize that they became family!

I did not like this way actually and I beleive HYD is more successful in balancing the relations even the balance in F4. This version is a love triangle+F2. Actually I am more satisfied with Kim Bum-Kim So Eun relation and looking for it more than "starring triangle"

I hate korean directors pushing these relations till the edge! and turn it vice versa...We will see in 1-2 episodes that all will turn upside down!

shosef

Post by shosef » Jan 28th, '09, 13:17

Love Triangle is the specialty of Korean series....i still have to watch a korean series in which there's no love triangle.....that's why it's not surprising to see it in Boys Before Flowers....i would be shocked if they didn't focus on that....but it doesn't mean i like it though....

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 30th, '09, 02:39

SSpiegel wrote:
akiko-chico wrote:
Her first kiss was Jun Pyo, when she saved him from drowning in the pool and she resusitated him.
yea i would i think that her first kiss was with ji hoo :mrgreen:

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jan 30th, '09, 11:06

SSpiegel wrote:
akiko-chico wrote:
hehe yea I kno it's not really proper was it? :lol I wonder when they will actually have their first kiss, I want some action between them now LOL :heart:

Jazzl

Post by Jazzl » Jan 30th, '09, 13:24

i have to say... the little boy who plays Jun Pyo is really good at it. So adorable and sweet^^

pinkcandy

well, my thoughts - watch as I enter tldr mode D:

Post by pinkcandy » Jan 30th, '09, 17:52

I've read the original manga, saw the japanese movie, anime, series, and meteor garden. So, I figured, since I shoved my nose in that, might as well give the Korean version a go. I still have trouble keeping track of their names, because I'm so used to thinking of them in Japanese, though. I guess this can also be considered a massive comparison post:

It looks like they're going to follow the manga more than the Japanese one did, if only because they have a larger episode count. It helps that they actually have land to use to create the idea of a vast vista, unlike the school in Japan. They can convincingly show richness just by showing a big honking area of treeeeesssss and pretty land! Hanadan blinged out with a ton of donations from X-number of big name luxury brands. But because of the deliberately campy style (and I suspect, the actor's fear of damaging props worth more than all their salaries combined) they wore their luxury less naturally than the Korean actors, who just stood about and did their thing. I had more difficulty telling whether the Korean props had a similar net value, but I think the idea to get across is that whole "I'm at home with wealth, and these 239847235 dollar stockings are just dirty socks to me. Throw them out."

Koo Hye Sun / Jan Di- I like her better than Makino from the Jdrama, if only because she doesn't go "Eh?" every 5 minutes. And she's less pretty. Makino and the girl in Meteor Garden were both freaking gorgeous. Here, Jan Di has a perfect body, but she is far plainer and her cuteness is far more 'every day' compared to the rest of the cast. (possibly helped by her makeup which she's wearing less of / is more natural compared to the idol style that the other girls get.) Physically, she fits the role better.

My problem with her is that 80% of the time, she reminds me strongly of a more toned down/natural Ueno Juri in Nodame Cantibile. Her face. Her hair. Her expressions. The only thing she doesn't do is make strange AUWEORUurruwe sounds. Acting-wise, I'm still not sure she fits her role, but whatever it is she's doing, she is still better in her acting than the other girls - it's just that she might be cast for the wrong role. I like what she's doing because it's novel and fun, but... then would she be Makino? And competitive swimming, what? I thought they all do the dolphin stroke now, rather than breast.

Lee Min Ho / Jun Pyo - Speaking of being reminded of others, I have the same problem with Jun Pyo. Half the time, when he's still, he reminds me of a cross between Kimura Takuya (SMAP) and Jerry Yang (F4). The other half the time, when he's moving his mouth - he has the same mouth and lip gestures as the character Dr. Sweets on the forensic fantasy Bones. 6 episodes in and I'm still being thrown off. Though, damn, he can wear that bad hair and still come across tall and cool. NICE JOB. Still, I think he at least ties with Matsu Jun as one of the best for this character. He's got the looks. He's got that great mix of young, socially disconnected idiocy and vulnerability with a good dose of ass. He's a douche, but he's not incapable of learning, and his learning process is coming across far more believable than in other versions. Meteor Garden's, the character was too nice, and didn't get the doucheness across. In the Jmovie, he was too old and mature. The one thing he does have in advantage to MatsuJun is that he physically fits the role better.

Kim Hyun Joong / Yoon Ji Hoo - My problem with all the other Rui characters is that they always had the looks, but I never thought they could act the role. Oguri Shun came the closest, but I felt that he struggled with the whole "emoting beautiful" thing. He's far better at boyishness, or patheticness, or even manliness (he just happens to be beautiful while he's doing it) but to be a 'beautiful boy' -- he sort of struggles. The guy here, he seems to be able to act, though his choice of direction is odd/interesting and I'm curious to see if he intends to actually push it. He's got that withdrawn quality. He's got those odd bursts of familiarity and then he disappears into his mental space. His problem is... he doesn't quite have the looks I feel the role should have, which I can work past eventually because he's not exactly hard on the eyes - he's quite good looking. I just. HATE. His hair. It doesn't move! It's this shiny, frozen thing pasted to the side of his head. D: And it doesn't quite fit his face! I feel like half the time, instead of being stiff and standoffish for being stiff and standoffish's sake, he's being stiff because he's scared to move his head and neck and potentially destroy the perfect fall of his hair.

Kim Bum / So Yi Jung - I LIKE that he's giving his role a bit of a hard edge. Something off and withdrawn/held back despite a seeming affability. Seriously, all the other incarnations of him in media has him as just nice friend person, and I could never see how a guy like that would just sit back and let his friend bully people.

F4 as a whole - I'd always wondered why the other members of the F4 would sit back and let their main friend bully people. Why they'd let the school go this whole Lord of the Flies route. Here, the characters actively look away as people are mistreated. Sometimes they even find the situations amusing. They admit that sometimes they can't stand their Jun Pyo, but still intend to stick with him out of a sense of....something. Loyalty? A feeling that that's not all Jun Pyo is? Lack of anyone else they can connect with? There's this lovely undercurrent in their interaction that I find all too believable and realistic. The problem is that they haven't shown enough of the FRIENDSHIP aspect of the group. I haven't seen enough yet on why these guys stick together. Why they're so tight as a group despite disagreements. The Jdorama got that across a lot better.

Thoughts of the show as a whole - I like some of the changes they made to acculturate the story to Korea. The 3 **** girls certainly come across far more naturally and realistically. I think this version is easily on par with the Jdorama, even if both are done in strongly different dramatic styles. (The fairy-tale mode of Hanadan, is not at all the same as the more fantastic-realistic style of Boys Before Flowers.) Definitely better than Meteor Garden. (Sorry MG fans.)

I miss the mysterious female boss at the shop Makino/Jan Di works at. Though, if that's the case, I hope the male one hits on one of the friends like the female one did in the manga. *cough* It'd be cute and hilarious.

And wait. Why is it BOYS before flowers? Isn't the concept supposed to be the other way around? I think the original idiom was food over boys, or something like that? Hence "real life necessities" over romance? Now it's reversed. >.>

I REALLY REALLY like the dynamic between Jun Pyo and Jan Di - It's just unfortunate that I'm paying more attention to that because the rest of the show's elements don't quite mesh as strongly. (Or maybe that's the point.)

NADZ

Post by NADZ » Jan 30th, '09, 18:02

is it only me or are they really taking the whole idea of a car accident a bit too far!!
(jun pyo and the car accident, Jihoos' car accident and the toy getting cruched by a car!!!)
its like the world would be a better place with out cars!!

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Jan 30th, '09, 20:02

anyone know what show was #1 in the ratings, Boys Before Flowers was #2 in 2009-01-27 and East of Eden was #3, what was #1? anyone know??

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 30th, '09, 21:44

Kamenashi wrote:i have to say... the little boy who plays Jun Pyo is really good at it. So adorable and sweet^^
iagree so sweet and handsome he almost take the spotlite from his older self :P and he does so clean too :mrgreen:

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Jan 30th, '09, 21:46

Masumi-chan wrote:anyone know what show was #1 in the ratings, Boys Before Flowers was #2 in 2009-01-27 and East of Eden was #3, what was #1? anyone know??
say what how is that they have been #1 for the most i know :blink
Boys Over Flowers’ Refreshed Own Record to 25.9%, 1st For Consecutive 2 Days in Mon-Tue Drama
Thursday January 29, 2009 Korea
Submitted by D O L C E

Credits : cox109@newsen.com + SS601.com + (English Translation) xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

KBS 2TV ‘Boys Over Flowers’ refreshed their personal best record and maintained their 1st place position for Mon-Tue drama slot.

Viewership rating company TNS media Korea reported 25.9% national rating for episode 8 of ‘Boys over flowers’ broadcasted on 27-Jan. This is about 2% higher than 24.1% rating which they had achieved on 20-Jan.

With this, ‘Boys over flowers’ has maintained their 1st place position for 2 consecutive days in the Mon-Tue drama competition and brought about a syndrome.

On the other hand, ‘East of Eden’ which airs on the same timeslot and had been doing well in the Mon-Tue drama ratings, only achieved 21.8% on that day. Though it is a 4.3% increase from its broadcast rating of 17.5% on 26-Jan, it is unable to beat the improving ratings of ‘Boys Over Flowers’.

In the same timing, SBS special movie ‘The Best Moment of My Life’ only achieved 11.1%.
http://asianfanatics.net/news/index.php ... =68&page=6 that is the link just in case such good ratings

lucky_kiss

Post by lucky_kiss » Jan 31st, '09, 08:01

Masumi-chan wrote:anyone know what show was #1 in the ratings, Boys Before Flowers was #2 in 2009-01-27 and East of Eden was #3, what was #1? anyone know??
As for Ep7 BOF on Monday:
TNS
Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}
1. Boys Over Flower <44867> episode 7 (KBS2) - 19.5%, 19.1%
2. East Of Eden <50640> episode 43 (MBC) - 17.5%, 17.8%
3. Star Junior Show - Like Parent, Like Child 스타주니어쇼붕어빵 (SBS) - 14.9%, 15.6%

AGB
Nationwide Rank / Show / Network / Nationwide Rating / Seoul Rating + Rank {if different from Nationwide}
1. East Of Eden <50640> episode 43 (MBC) - 18.6%, 22.1%
2. Boys Over Flower <44867> episode 7 (KBS2) - 18.1%, 17.4% (#3)
3. Star Junior Show - Like Parent, Like Child 설날특집스타주니어쇼붕어빵 (SBS) - 16.6%, 18.0% (#2)
As For Ep8 on Tue:
TNS
1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <50500> (SBS) - 27.0%, 26.4%
2. Boys Over Flower <44867> episode 8 (KBS2) - 25.9%, 25.3%
3. East Of Eden <50640> episode 44 (MBC) - 21.8%%, 22.4%

AGB
1. Cruel Temptation / Lure Of Wife <50500> (SBS) - 26.2%, 25.8% (#2)
2. East Of Eden <50640> (MBC) - 24.2%, 26.3% (#1)
3. Boys Over Flower <44867> (KBS2) - 22.6%, 22.1%
credit to Kdramafanusa @ soompi..

akinoame27

Post by akinoame27 » Jan 31st, '09, 16:32

pinkcandy:

I totally agree with you about Jan Di and that she looks like Ueno Juri - but I love Ueno Juri in NC so that´s OK with me xD
I must admit I hated the actress at first because I thought she is far too overracting but I kinda like her now...
However, I think the guy from SS501 playing Rui is f***ing handsome xD but this is his first acting role, so he´s a bit "stiff" - I loved your description of his alway perfect hair but I like his hair xD And I think this Rui is the best when it comes to look and maybe even the character... Oguri Shun was great but he was not THE Rui from manga - and this korean Rui is very similar to Rui I imagined when I was reading the manga.
And totally agree about Meteor Garden - I wasn´t even able to finish it o_O

Oh, and people I REALLY HOPE there would be a NORMAL kiss between Jan Di and Jun Pyo xD What do you think?

Masumi-chan

Post by Masumi-chan » Jan 31st, '09, 16:59

did you guys see the Sang Sang Plus interview they talk about the kiss scene, and Kim Hyun Joong said that he saw the comments on the internet that his acting is really bad.

the interview was really fun it's on youtube use these words in the search to see the videos "SSP 090113 - BOF cast" and it's ENG sub

lollee

Post by lollee » Jan 31st, '09, 21:12

Does anyone know where I can download the x264-ZephyR raw version of episode 8?
I was downloading from pdbox before but the person stopped uploading and clubbox is charging money to dl BOF.
Thanks

lmaonade

Post by lmaonade » Jan 31st, '09, 21:27

lollee wrote:Does anyone know where I can download the x264-ZephyR raw version of episode 8?
I was downloading from pdbox before but the person stopped uploading and clubbox is charging money to dl BOF.
Thanks
It'll proly b on d-addicts soon
but i dk about the ZephyR version
only NotoriouS usually gets upped here

lollee

Post by lollee » Jan 31st, '09, 23:39

lmaonade wrote:
lollee wrote:Does anyone know where I can download the x264-ZephyR raw version of episode 8?
Thanks
It'll proly b on d-addicts soon
but i dk about the ZephyR version
only NotoriouS usually gets upped here
yea, i like the ZephyR version because its a 700MB file
and the quality is better than Ental
the 720p NotoriouS files are good but my comp can't really handle such a big file

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Jan 31st, '09, 23:48

Moohan version is very good, although it's 100mb larger than ental, I consider it a fair trade for the quality and it's an alternative between ental and the 720p version.

vivilp182

Post by vivilp182 » Feb 1st, '09, 02:20

ImL0st wrote:Moohan version is very good, although it's 100mb larger than ental, I consider it a fair trade for the quality and it's an alternative between ental and the 720p version.
Does Moohan version work with WithS2 subs?

lollee

Post by lollee » Feb 1st, '09, 03:25

ImL0st wrote:Moohan version is very good, although it's 100mb larger than ental, I consider it a fair trade for the quality and it's an alternative between ental and the 720p version.
i guess i will have to dl the Moohan version. i actually have a couple of episodes of the Moohan version since ZephyR didn't release it for Ep.4 & 7, but i just dl the ZephyR ones since its the exact same quality as Moohan (same dimensions and everything), just that its 700Mb instead of 800Mb.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Feb 1st, '09, 03:35

vivilp182 wrote:
I watched a few moohan eps and the subs seemed ok, not sure about the rest.

miga

Post by miga » Feb 1st, '09, 05:55

i used the ental version and the S2 softsubs and it looked perfect with me

miga

Post by miga » Feb 1st, '09, 06:01

Masumi-chan wrote:did you guys see the Sang Sang Plus interview they talk about the kiss scene, and Kim Hyun Joong said that he saw the comments on the internet that his acting is really bad.

the interview was really fun it's on youtube use these words in the search to see the videos "SSP 090113 - BOF cast" and it's ENG sub

here's the english text of that interview from kbs: http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/ ... 28572.html

Corona

Post by Corona » Feb 1st, '09, 13:18

Thanks for that link Miga! It's nice to read about his first experiences as an actor, make me respect his role a bit more :)

vivilp182

Post by vivilp182 » Feb 1st, '09, 15:27

ImL0st wrote:
vivilp182 wrote:
I watched a few moohan eps and the subs seemed ok, not sure about the rest.
Ah ok, thanks! I guess I gonna try it.

miga

Post by miga » Feb 1st, '09, 16:15

Corona wrote:Thanks for that link Miga! It's nice to read about his first experiences as an actor, make me respect his role a bit more :)
Since you're nice, here's another article featuring Lee Min-ho and 3 other 22 year old stars of KBS to shine this year: http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/ ... 28572.html

I am loving this new drama. I watched the two other versions, the Japanese and Taiwanese versions but I find the Korean F4 guys look so much hotter!

athene121

Post by athene121 » Feb 2nd, '09, 00:46

If I posted my translated version of the song "Starlight Tears" (the song playing when Jan Di is bullied by her crazy, rich classmates until Jun Pyo shows up and rescues her)... would anyone be able to edit it for Korean? I don't know how precise my translation is or how close it is to the original meaning, but if anyone knows Korean, would they be able to help me out? Just checking :wub: I am not even at level 1 or 2 in Korean, unfortunately. That's why I need someone to check my work.
I want to make a youtube vid for this song for BBF.
:D
Thx.