[Discussion]Mei-chan no Shitsuji - Hiro Mizushima

Discuss Japanese drama series here.
Tenize

Post by Tenize » Jan 27th, '09, 19:20

I did read some of the manga and I've found that this drama is better done. Romance wise I don't know not as much? But we are only on episode three so we still have a while to see on how this is going to go.
But I have to say. Mizushima Hiro as Rihito is doing a wonderful job comparing his character to the one in Hana Kimi such a difference.
._. But the rate that the drama is being subbed at makes me wish that I studied Japanese harder in high school =( (But I do really appreciate that someone is sub it. So I hope they don't stop any time soon. >=O )

Iestoka

Post by Iestoka » Jan 28th, '09, 00:20

Hey, does anyone know what Mameshiba means? Or the reason why Mei calls Kenta that?

Ah, why did there have to be a love triangle in this (or, it looks like it will come up eventually)? I hate those. I always end up rooting for the loser.

lunas

Post by lunas » Jan 28th, '09, 00:42

ZoddGuts wrote:The first episode was alright, yeah it had Hana Kimi vibes but didn't like how fast the episode felt like they were rushing through everything which may it hard to get into with the characters nor did I felt bad for the main character for losing her parents, wish they had given more time between her and her parents. We didn't even see her say goodbye to her friends like I said it felt rushed.

This series has potential to be really fun just hope it gets better for it to reach that level like Hana Kimi was fun to watch.
I'll pray really hard for this drama not to reach Hana-Kimi level , otherwise I'll find other series to watch. It's fine with the way it's and this is not Hana-Kimi.

Corona

Post by Corona » Jan 28th, '09, 00:55

I watched the first episode and I wasn't really impressed. There were some very "cringe" moments in it. They tried to intersperse the serious and the fun but it didn't work for me. I sometimes found it difficult to watch Hiro when he smiled. It looked so.. smarmy D:. I'm sorry Hiro!

Hopefully it'll get better...

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jan 28th, '09, 01:01

Am I the only one who keeps refreshing d-addicts? episode 3 isnt there yet :(

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 28th, '09, 01:07

Shiget, be a bit more patient.^^

I am sure the uploaders do their best, but they have life as well.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Jan 28th, '09, 01:41

^^ i thought soft subs has been stopped or pending as least.

charia-chan

Post by charia-chan » Jan 28th, '09, 01:46

Yes, the softsubs are pending because someone uploaded them to streaming sites against the subber's wish.

(Maybe I misunderstand you, but what Shiget meant is the RAW version of Episode 3 I think)

biteme_lestat

Post by biteme_lestat » Jan 28th, '09, 06:56

i've watched the first 2 eps and im enjoying this tremendously! noticed that there were a number of Hana Kimi boys on this series ^^ but deym, Hiro looks soooo dreamy everytime he appears!!! <333

i hope those who uploaded the subs on streaming sites without permission would take them down so that unleashthegeek can conitnue subbing this :(

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Jan 28th, '09, 11:02

strawberrynkiwi wrote: (on the side note, i have always been undecided about if ouran host club had a live action, who would become tamaki, now i have the answer. hiro would make the best tamaki :wub: )
And we have new candidates for the role of the twins. :lol

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Jan 28th, '09, 11:11

Btw, nomanymore is always very fast in posting a LQ or MQ version of Mei-chan on her blog. I already watched it yesterday.

For those who didn't know: Link

I hope it's ok to post this here. Be sure to thank her! :wub:

Salz

Post by Salz » Jan 28th, '09, 11:13

yeah Hiro would be great as Tamaki though i like him with black hair more than blond though^^;
and Mukai Osamu could be Kyouya coz he so hott with spec and of course the hott twin in this drama can be Hikaru and Kaoru<33

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Jan 28th, '09, 13:24

yeah i was reffering to episode 3 RAW.

anyways i just watched it

hate it they didnt even make up in the end of the episode T_T i was soo sad when Mei kept ignoring Rihito, but i understand why shes like that, she wasnt told after all :( i was just sad when she kept saying she doesnt wanna go to school anymore or how she ask natsumi's parents that if it would be okay if she just stayed at their house :(

but i cant wait for episode 4!!! the preview killed me T_T
*addicted to this drama yes*

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 28th, '09, 19:18

oh.. my.. am gonna fall for Hiro again.. aLL over again... hehehe...

RiRi_Desu

Post by RiRi_Desu » Jan 29th, '09, 03:07

When I hear of the drama I thought it sounded a bit strange, but since it had Mizushima Hiro in it I just had to watch it. And now when I have watched 2 episodeds (waiting for nr 3 to be downloaded right now) I still think it is stange, but in a entertaining way! hihi! ^_^

Anyway, even though I live in Japan, I have no TV, and I work every Tuesday evening anyway so I could never see this drama if it wasn't for D-addicts! So I love this site! ^_^

Can't wait until ep 3 is finished DL!!!!! ^____^

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 29th, '09, 13:18

@Riri_Desu,

You're so Lucky neh, you are fluent in English.. and my.. you are from Japan.. Many of us here would really like to get hold of your stuff there... Probably just watch the Cherry Blossom during April...

Am watching this because of Hiro also..

You've seen Hiro at Gokusen 2, I was wondering how come he didn't get a lead role there.. It was Kat-tun aLL over.. though I also like Kazuya..

ttrin

Post by ttrin » Jan 29th, '09, 20:47

Thank you

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Jan 30th, '09, 01:31

colyn7 wrote:@Riri_Desu,

You've seen Hiro at Gokusen 2, I was wondering how come he didn't get a lead role there.. It was Kat-tun aLL over.. though I also like Kazuya..
To jump in, Gokusen 2 was Hiro's first role, so it makes some sense that he didn't get the lead.

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 30th, '09, 12:18

Haiiro wrote:
colyn7 wrote:@Riri_Desu,

To jump in, Gokusen 2 was Hiro's first role, so it makes some sense that he didn't get the lead.
thanks for the info... though he should have been.. hehehe.. I'm seeing Kazuya everywhere.. argh.. he is in my room.. hahaha.. I have a poster of him there, I thought it was Narimiya Hiroki that's why i put it there.. but as I Look on it every now and then, I just reaLize its Kazuya.. oh well. am not thinking of removing it though..

I've aLready downloaded the 3 episodes.. am planning to watch it tonight.. :salut:

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 30th, '09, 21:31

The drama is really cute!

And Eikura Nana is doing such an adorable job. Not too over the top cute, but just naturally cute, ahaha. (Makes me wish she replaced Horikita Maki in Hana Kimi instead. :3)

Mizushima Hiro's character bothers the hell out of me though. His Gary Sue-ish perfection of a character is annoying. D:

lucky_c

Post by lucky_c » Jan 30th, '09, 22:24

Rikayla wrote:(Makes me wish she replaced Horikita Maki in Hana Kimi instead. :3)
:bows down to you: She definitely would have made a good Mizuki.
Rikayla wrote:Mizushima Hiro's character bothers the hell out of me though. His Gary Sue-ish perfection of a character is annoying. D:
Roflmao, but he's supposed to be like that! XD

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 30th, '09, 22:32

^ Yeah I know, but I can't help but be annoyed about it. D: I hope he gets er, more humanized near the end of the series. :3

(Oh good to know that there are people who thinks Horikita Maki did a crap job in that drama. D: )

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Jan 30th, '09, 22:41

how come?

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 30th, '09, 22:43

How come for who? o___o Mizushima's character or the Horikita bit?

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Jan 31st, '09, 04:22

Rikayla wrote:^ Yeah I know, but I can't help but be annoyed about it. D: I hope he gets er, more humanized near the end of the series. :3

(Oh good to know that there are people who thinks Horikita Maki did a crap job in that drama. D: )
Hmm...I know it is rather true that he carries this perfection with him all the time, but you can see the humanity and the differences in these little ways. Especially in episode 03 when he had a tiny little spazz.

I have no idea what all was going on because it was raw and my command of Japanese is suspect at best, but Mei was being a little turd...and he said something having a reason...I think I might have lost my point, but what I mean to say is...if you look close enough there are little things, aside from that.

(though I could just be used to looking for that sort of thing, especially when Hiro is playing a "perfect" character, such as Tendou Souji in Kabuto. Little, tiny, things)

o__O I shouldn't try to talk about these things when I'm half-asleep...

Rikayla

Post by Rikayla » Jan 31st, '09, 05:31

Ohh. I guess I should have mentioned that I just finished TimeLesSub's episode 1. XDD;

*kawaii*

Post by *kawaii* » Feb 1st, '09, 09:20

YaY seem interesting

oh nana looks cute in short hair

sad !! she would made a good mizuki for sure !! :(

thaaaaaanks

GoddessCarlie

Post by GoddessCarlie » Feb 1st, '09, 11:16

I think Nana's short hair makes her look younger, which is strange because usually short hair (in my opinion) makes people look older!

Erisadesu

Post by Erisadesu » Feb 1st, '09, 21:58

I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes they made me currious about the manga so I read the manga as well..
thank god that some things are not the same with the manga.

nana's hair are great she looks better this way
hiro is gakoii as expected

for those who suggested Hiro for the role of twins in Ouran High school
I would like to propose insted the twin butller's of Hongo Family :P:P
they look really nice :)

and I will have to also coment that Nana would have been better in the role of mizuki.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 2nd, '09, 05:36

^^ no we meant hiro as tamaki not the twins. lol.
if toma had a twin, he can totally pull of the hikaru and karou.
and i completely agreed how nana would have made an awesome mizuki if she wasn't so tall...

im so sad bout the whole softsub thing.
it is just sad that it has to happen to mei-chan.
if only we all understood japanese. :glare:

thankgod there is subpig, i make fun of my younger sister everyday for not knowing chinese. :lol

kanshu

Post by kanshu » Feb 3rd, '09, 15:07

This show is somewhat brainless, but nevertheless hilarious. :)
I was surprised about the fairly good acting by the lead actress. Also, her "perfect" butler's fun to watch... he's starting to make a lot of mistakes where he should be "perfect", i.e. in episode 3. But I think he's a bit on the manipulative side... it's going to be interesting to see what his "reward" will be.
One thing that bothers me is his hairdo... why, pray say, does his hair (and that of his younger brother) look like a hairdryer exploded in his face? It looks unruly and considering that he's supposed to be a top-notch butler, it totally blows the image apart that he sets with all the nice, soft-spoken actions. :)

(But I'll totally forgive him that if he drops by once a week and cleans my appartment & does the laundry! ;))

There are quite a few unsolved mysteries here. These butlers are certainly no normal butlers. I mean, if you think about episode 2, the poor guy who lost the duel? They make it sound as if he'd never be able to work as a butler again. (And boy, are those butler guys territorial! Only I can serve my mistress! ;))... Of course, there's always that issue about these girls being heiresses to big money (now, what about the heirs, is there a similar campus for the males, with pretty female butlers catering to their needs? ;)), but there's always the lingering connection to underworld activities... It sure would make a nice story or two.

But we shall see what evil grandfather has decided upon... and the way I see it, telling by the current plot developement, our dear female lead will end up with the younger brother... unless Mr. Perfect Butler unravels a bit more and shows a bit more than just conditioned responses to "my mistress is in danger".
But who knows, maybe he and his ex-mistress (the insane evil one) were an item before, and that's why he had to leave her service? :)

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Feb 4th, '09, 15:13

I couldn't wait for subs to watch episode 4. I'm really addicted now.

A question ... because my Japanese is very, very basic
Anyone know what that white haired butler of Lucia-sama said to Mei when they were standing outside the greenhouse watching Lucia-sama and Rihito-san?

I understand, sorta, everything else that went on in the episode except that part
Another week til another ep. >.<

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 4th, '09, 17:24

This show is somewhat brainless, but nevertheless hilarious
SO TRUE. i just have to switch my brain off to watch it. but it does not mean that i am not enjoying it. i am loving it. it is my guilty pleasure watch.
I just love Nana's acting in here. it's so natural and being cute when she is not trying too hard for it. i have to say too. she would have made a perfect mizuki and it would have made hana kimi bareable for me.

@sifilily
ok, my nohongo is basic too but this what i understood. the butler told mei that the only reason rihito has decided to st lucia this year is to be near shiori and he wanted to be close to her.
and something like that these two loved eachother from before
so decided to serve mei so he can enter the school again see shiori.
as i said my nihongo is very limited too.
gomen ne

sefilily

Post by sefilily » Feb 5th, '09, 01:58

Thanks for that Issy.
I was reading the manga. It's only translated up to volume 3 but in it Shinobu-sama (the white haired butler) said that Rihito-san used to be Shiori's butler. I don't know whether they kept that in the drama.

The white-haired butler is obviously lying about Shiori/Rihito for whatever reason. I'm pretty sue that Rihito only wants to serve Mei. He keeps saying that he's not ordered to serve Mei.

All these mysteries ... >.<

Haiiro

Post by Haiiro » Feb 5th, '09, 07:50

sefilily wrote:Thanks for that Issy.
I was reading the manga. It's only translated up to volume 3 but in it Shinobu-sama (the white haired butler) said that Rihito-san used to be Shiori's butler. I don't know whether they kept that in the drama.

The white-haired butler is obviously lying about Shiori/Rihito for whatever reason. I'm pretty sue that Rihito only wants to serve Mei. He keeps saying that he's not ordered to serve Mei.

All these mysteries ... >.<
Yeah, it's still in the drama I believe.
In episode 4, Shiori has a bit of a psycho moment. She says "you will definitely return to me" (something like that. I understood it, but I am bad with translating. and this is paraphrased) And then after her "zettai" she goes into her cackle..

So I'm assuming that Rihito was her butler, and something happened between them...
[/spoiler]

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Feb 5th, '09, 08:57

Has the manga ended? If yes, could anyone that has read it tell me who Mei-chan ended up with? LOL.. Well, if she ended up with someone. Spoilers, please! (I just can't bear if she actually ended up with that Shiba Mame.. NOOO!!)

mnsl

Post by mnsl » Feb 5th, '09, 09:32

wat did rihito said at the very end of ep 4???preview of ep 5???when he hugs her....
its soooooo adorable n lovingg.......
anyway,....rihito n mei will definately be together...if not...im sooo not gonna watch this......(but its soo addictive)...ahhahah...

well.....someone ppllssss translate.....

arigato gozaimas...

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 5th, '09, 12:33

sefilily wrote:I couldn't wait for subs to watch episode 4. I'm really addicted now.

A question ... because my Japanese is very, very basic
Anyone know what that white haired butler of Lucia-sama said to Mei when they were standing outside the greenhouse watching Lucia-sama and Rihito-san?

I understand, sorta, everything else that went on in the episode except that part
Another week til another ep. >.<
He told mei that Rihito was in st. lucia academy a year ago used to be Lucia-sama's butler and they had a connection, but things had changed when mei appeared, so Lucia-sama's butler became Shinobu and Rihito served mei.

something like that, he kinda blaming mei ^^
The Manga is still on going and not yet done, and we dont know if she ends up with rihito or kento.

but in the manga:

Kintaro told Rihito that he will be mei's future husband, so i dont know if they will do the same for the drama.
what he said in the preview::
I think he said "I am Mei-sama's special...(something)" I didnt catch the last word he said sorry :scratch:

edit.//

I think he said (Ore wa Mei-sama no Toku no Eku) "I am Mei-sama's special weapon" im debating what word he said in the last is it "eiku" "reiku" but its Eku, eku is:

Eku (sometimes spelled eiku or ieku) is an ancient weapon of Okinawan kobudō that originated from an oar, approximately 160 cm in length. The oar was traditionally adapted for use as a weapon of self-defense by fishermen against foes armed with more conventional weapons.

im just taking my guess my japanese isnt very good ^^ but judging from the preview i think it is, coz Rihito and Mei are suppose to have problems, shinobu-san just annouced to the class that mei is from the hongo family (coz in episode 4 i think shinobu said her past will be known to the public like after mei stepped on his foot) and then Kento's been scolding and blaming Rihito that Mei is suffering its all because of him, its his fault because he is mei's butler, and you can see rihito driving out all the butlers "Get out of my way".

gappy26ni

Post by gappy26ni » Feb 5th, '09, 15:21

mnsl wrote:wat did rihito said at the very end of ep 4???preview of ep 5???when he hugs her....
its soooooo adorable n lovingg.......
anyway,....rihito n mei will definately be together...if not...im sooo not gonna watch this......(but its soo addictive)...ahhahah...

well.....someone ppllssss translate.....

arigato gozaimas...
hello, this is the first time for me to post. My japanese is not good too.
But in my understand that rihito-san said at the very end of ep4 .. preview of ep5
spoil ....
i heard that he said "ore wa Mei-sama tokoro e iku" it mean "I will go with Mei-sama" somthing like that. I don't sure that my understand is correct or not. if it is misstake , i'm sorry becuase my japanese is not good. :salut:

mnsl

Post by mnsl » Feb 5th, '09, 16:25

sorry..im lost again...
who is kintaro????the future husband of mei i mean....

i hope they don make us disappointed in the end...
i reli hope rihito n mei b together...
i can see the connection coming...ahahaha...such drama...

thanks for translating the last bit...
jus cant wait til next week....

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 5th, '09, 17:19

mnsl wrote:sorry..im lost again...

i....
if iam not mistaken that is her grand father
help me out if iam wrong
:mrgreen:

angel's advocate

Post by angel's advocate » Feb 5th, '09, 18:39

hey fellow curious d-addicts. like all of you i'm a little too curious for my own good so i've been downloading the chinese subbed version of ep4. so this is what happened:
shinobu, lucia-sama's butler told mei-chan that rihito used to be lucia's butler and he was only the second butler in line. the reason this was widely unknown was because lucia rarely attended classes. he tells mei that rihito and lucia clearly need each other and that it is mei who is splitting them apart. he then tells her that lucia is not suffering from physical illness but from heartbreak.
in lucia & rihito's conversation in the same scene, lucia asks why rihito does address her as shiori like he used to. he says that she's changed and she is no longer the shiori that he knew. she replies "who is it that made me change?" then she goes on to say that she's not the only one who's changed and that there is one thing that is unchanging - the fact that rihito will definitely return to her side
in mei & shinobu's conversation following that, shinobu says that it is his master's joy is also his greatest joy. since lucia needs rihito and rihito needs lucia, as lucia's butler, he will take on the role of 'comforting' the 'lonely' mei just before he leans his head in as if to kiss mei. after mei stamps on his foot, she says "who are you kidding, if you do this again i won't be so gentle the next time. my mind is already set" (i presume this is a reference to her determination to keep rihito as her butler)

and yes, in response to the other query the chinese forums say that in the manga, the grandfather says that rihiko is supposed to be mei's future husband.

jaejin

Post by jaejin » Feb 5th, '09, 23:16

Maryvel wrote:
strawberrynkiwi wrote: (on the side note, i have always been undecided about if ouran host club had a live action, who would become tamaki, now i have the answer. hiro would make the best tamaki :wub: )
And we have new candidates for the role of the twins. :lol
Definitely true. I guess I'm not the only one who thought of Ouran the moment I saw MnS xD Nana could pull off Haruhi too 8D

Anyway, I love MnS. Such an awesome entertainment XD And really... Hiro is :O I really do hope that he ends up with Nana. But I've read on several forums that the manga-readers rather want Mameshiba to end up with her?

Besides, isn't Mei 13 and Rihito 21 in the manga? :crazy:

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 5th, '09, 23:33

mnsl wrote:sorry..im lost again...

i hope they don make us disappointed in the end...
i reli hope rihito n mei b together...
i can see the connection coming...ahahaha...such drama...

thanks for translating the last bit...
jus cant wait til next week....
hey can you put your post on spoiler, even its in the manga its still a spoiler ^^

and yes kintaro is mei's grandfather ^^
the reason why people like kento (mameshiba) like the manga readers is because if you read the manga, rihito looks like a pedo because he's a full grown man and he'll be in love with a 13 year old, while kento is same age as mei, and kento isnt like kento in the drama. Kento is smart and not noisy and kakkoii kinda like li syoran aura in CSS ^^ and he's protective of mei, but of course mei (being a kid and focus on rihito) doesnt know that kento really likes her, but i think she likes kento she just dont know but she really adores rihito and shes open about liking rihito unlike kento. and in the manga kento and mei arent bestfriends ^^ kento is really popular in school and mei is the one being bullied.

anyways, everyone's been questioning the reason why shes staying there because her first goal was put her parents tomb together, but it changed in ep4 because she said so herself she wants to stay in school because of rihito said he wants to stay by her side and shes gonna do her best to stay in school. actually in the manga, even before she entered the school that was her goal to be the best mistress rihito ever had, so its kinda the same as the manga.

scherzando

Post by scherzando » Feb 6th, '09, 00:19

@Shiget^:
Man, they really did a bad casting then.. Because the Mame Shiba in the drama is kinda annoying. People root for Rihito in the dorama, no? Well, I guess in the end of the dorama Mei won't end up with anyone.. *sigh*

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Feb 6th, '09, 00:49

i really have a bad feeling that they would cut this up and make a vague ending like all the manga made dorama's i have watched so far. everything doesn't have a good closure. (Except for HYD which they had to make a movie for just for a perfect closure)

so far, watching it raw has its benefits... i get to enjoy Hiro's face more ^_^v
i also noticed that his hair rarely or never gets disarranged!!!!
:lol

mnsl

Post by mnsl » Feb 6th, '09, 01:47

errr.......sorry again..but how do u put the spoiler or the hidden text thingy???
i actually jus registered yesterday jus to post this forum...
sorry ya..

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 6th, '09, 01:57

scherzando wrote:@Shiget^:
Man, they really did a bad casting then.. Because the Mame Shiba in the drama is kinda annoying. People root for Rihito in the dorama, no? Well, I guess in the end of the dorama Mei won't end up with anyone.. *sigh*
I dont think he's a bad casting Sato Takeru is actually a pretty good actor, i think we should blame the screenwriters because they made the drama character noisy and annoying T_T but i really liked him on episode 4 ROFL he's really funny LMAO

yeah, people root for rihito and like biniBningPunkista said i think they'll leave this drama hanging like the rest of the on going mangas turned dramas. which makes us sad i really hope they show even a bit like a sign that we know its rihito and mei all the way HAHAHAH
msnl

just put [*spoiler] TEXT HERE [*/spoiler]

just remove the *s

btw, to those who want to read the manga here:
http://www.mangafox.com/page/manga/seri ... _shitsuji/
they only have to chapter 17 i think the manga is already in chap 50 already.
but the story isnt exactly like the drama they skipped the high school parts, you will see st. lucia academy around chap 13 i think ^^

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Feb 6th, '09, 02:26

^I agree! Sato Takeru is a good actor...not the best...but definitely better than than just average. You can tell by the characters he have played over the years. He was wimpy and also cool in "Kamen Rider Den-O" (multiple personalities in Den-O!), cool and smart in "Bloody Monday", and annoyingly loud in "Mei-chan no Shitsuji".

I was able to skim through the raw chapters from Alessia-chan's shoujo raw site...and was kind of disappointed to see some of my favorite things from the manga changed from the very first episode. (I'm a huge Miyagi Riko-sensei fan *I loved "Love Monster"!* she draws some of the hottest bishies XD)

lunas

Post by lunas » Feb 6th, '09, 02:56

I've never read the manga but I'm glad that they
change Mei age otherwise it'll be very creepy

Anyhow, the series is better than I expected eventhough I would watch any series with Hiro in it but it an extra bonus that this series has a back story.

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 6th, '09, 05:11

i totally agree how they made mameshiba so stupid and annoying.
like he is cute and all, but his character is just so not lovable. his jealous face is painful to watch.

episode 4 was really good. thinking that it will be like another filler-ish episode, the second part, after the duel, really made a big development in the plot.
and not to mention preview for ep 5 just made me squeal like when i was 14 T_T.
rihito hugs mei.. lucky nana

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Feb 6th, '09, 07:23

I don't want Mameshiba and Mei to end up together too, but I think he's really entertaining.
The way he appears to be totally useless, but managed the "standing at attention for 24 hours" challenge in one go just cracks me up everytime it's mentioned. I wonder if it's because his head is so empty, that he can stand around for a whole day doing nothing. :lol
I want to see more of the things he has to go through as an apprentice butler.

As for the ending... Rihito hugging Mei in the preview gives me hope, that they won't make it vague. Besides, Mei is totally falling for Rihito. She was suddenly nervous to be in the same room with him at the end of episode 4. :wub:

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 6th, '09, 11:48

waaaaaaaaaw.. where i can find the raw?

mnsl

Post by mnsl » Feb 6th, '09, 12:43

colyn7 wrote:waaaaaaaaaw.. where i can find the raw?
i been checking out one website that has the manga up to volume 5...but its not all in english tho...i jus see the pictures then can jus imagine a lil on the story..

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 6th, '09, 15:56

i've seen ep4 already.. hopefully the subs will come out soon..

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 6th, '09, 20:52

i looking for the raw but i guess i will wait on the subs i like the becuase i can see more hehe

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 6th, '09, 20:54

biniBningPunkista wrote:i

so far, watching it raw has its benefits... i get to enjoy Hiro's face more ^_^v
i also noticed that his hair rarely or never gets disarranged!!!!
:lol
agree
well that beauty of his hair i see tha also in like zettai kareshi when he run is like its in one place :whistling: :P

colyn7

Post by colyn7 » Feb 6th, '09, 22:43

^agree.. agree...

iruka92

Post by iruka92 » Feb 7th, '09, 04:43

O.o ... Looks promising.
Who's subbing the series, btw?

Machihxh

Post by Machihxh » Feb 7th, '09, 12:23

strawberrynkiwi wrote: and not to mention preview for ep 5 just made me squeal like when i was 14 T_T.
Yeah, soo lucky!! :wub: [spoiler]At the end of the 4th episode, Lucia decides to go back to school. I'm sure she is going to stir up a lot of trouble for Mei. Poor Mei, I hope that Rihito doesn't end up being her butler again. :x Although from the previews for the next ep, Mameshiba said he'll be Mei's butler and Rihito was helping Lucia up as it looked like she was gonna fall or something -.- :blink I wonder what will happen. :roll [/spoiler]

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 7th, '09, 17:16

Machihxh wrote:
strawberrynkiwi wrote: and not to mention preview for ep 5 just made me squeal like when i was 14 T_T.
Yeah, soo lucky!! :wub: [spoiler]At the end of the 4th episode, Lucia decides to go back to school. I'm sure she is going to stir up a lot of trouble for Mei. Poor Mei, I hope that Rihito doesn't end up being her butler again. :x Although from the previews for the next ep, Mameshiba said he'll be Mei's butler and Rihito was helping Lucia up as it looked like she was gonna fall or something -.- :blink I wonder what will happen. :roll [/spoiler]
u said it right
that would be the only reason she would do that for :blink poor Mei and Rihito :cry:

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 7th, '09, 17:58

can anyone answer this for me?
in the end of ep 3 and beginning ep 4, when mei decided to duel with izumi,
she was at the lake and then the light shined on the face. and she was like "i found the reason" or something like that. then she runs back.
what was the reason? was it that she realized how much rihito wanted to serve her and she also want him to serve her and she actually kinda liked him?
was that the sudden realization?

i just got confused there. because of the light on her face. i thought she suddenly saw something out on the lake or something.

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Feb 7th, '09, 19:56

That's how I understood it as well. That Mei realized, that she still has a reason to stay after all (Rihito). :unsure:

cyclonqye

Post by cyclonqye » Feb 7th, '09, 20:43

colyn7 wrote:i've seen ep4 already.. hopefully the subs will come out soon..
may i know the link where i can download the raws....i looking everywhere but there is no download link for it...thanks

crocus

Post by crocus » Feb 7th, '09, 20:49

cyclonqye wrote:
may i know the link where i can download the raws....i looking everywhere but there is no download link for it...thanks

do you mean torrent for ep.4 or direct download for ep.4?

if for the torrent, here

if for the DDL, here

misuzana

Post by misuzana » Feb 7th, '09, 21:33

strawberrynkiwi wrote:can anyone answer this for me?
in the end of ep 3 and beginning ep 4, when mei decided to duel with izumi,
she was at the lake and then the light shined on the face. and she was like "i found the reason" or something like that. then she runs back.
what was the reason? was it that she realized how much rihito wanted to serve her and she also want him to serve her and she actually kinda liked him?
was that the sudden realization?

i just got confused there. because of the light on her face. i thought she suddenly saw something out on the lake or something.
yea i think is that as well what ever the reason was she found it and decide to go with the duel

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Feb 8th, '09, 05:32

Why is it that I enjoy the silliness of Hanakimi, Hana Yori Dango, Boys Over Flowers, but I just find this drama really really wrong, weird, and absurd. The acting is not bad, but the story seems so unrealistic (I know the other ones I've mentioned are so unrealistic as well..) Watched up to ep2 and it might be too early to give up but I really don't find anything funny except for the fact that the Lucia girl and her butler played as husband and wife on Seigi no Mikata. And as much as I like Mizushima Hiro, the story is killing me :crazy:

Maryvel

Post by Maryvel » Feb 8th, '09, 10:27

It's probably because you're trying so hard to compare Mei-chan to HanaKimi and Hana yori Dango, when they have nothing in common. Except the school setting.

So if you don't like Mei-chan, it's ok. Liking HanaKimi doesn't mean that you have to force yourself to watch this now. 8)

This series didn't make me think about HanaKimi at all, when I started watching it. I don't get why people are so hung up on comparing them.
Because Mizushima Hiro starred in both series? :scratch:

Well, whatever. I might like Mei-chan even more than the TV-version of HanaKimi.
Let's see how it continues... :wub:

Issy

Post by Issy » Feb 8th, '09, 10:52

yes. I think people keep comparing them together because of the whole school settings and the fact that hiro is in both of them.
to be honest, it does remind you of HK when you start watching it because the whole atomosphere is similar. in both you get ikimen guys all over the drama and the main role do have some sort of similarity
but
as it said, there is no reason for who like HK to like MnS and reverse versa. i watched HK and to me, its silliness really annoyed me. i watched only for aguri's sake and i discovered hiro in the process.
but as for MnS, eventhough it is still a very silly show, but it did attract me alot and got me addicted to the story. and i did not think that i will be liking this show so much. i guess in terms of acting, MnS is much better acted for main characters. i really find nana's acting is superb in this drama and made me really like her.
Tuesdays have become my favourite day of the week so far.

cyclonqye

Post by cyclonqye » Feb 8th, '09, 11:54

thanks a lot crocus..really appreciate it...aaahh...hiro kun super kawaii nee....heheh

Shiget^

Post by Shiget^ » Feb 8th, '09, 15:34

Issy wrote:yes. I think people keep comparing them together because of the whole school settings and the fact that hiro is in both of them.
to be honest, it does remind you of HK when you start watching it because the whole atomosphere is similar. in both you get ikimen guys all over the drama and the main role do have some sort of similarity
but
as it said, there is no reason for who like HK to like MnS and reverse versa. i watched HK and to me, its silliness really annoyed me. i watched only for aguri's sake and i discovered hiro in the process.
but as for MnS, eventhough it is still a very silly show, but it did attract me alot and got me addicted to the story. and i did not think that i will be liking this show so much. i guess in terms of acting, MnS is much better acted for main characters. i really find nana's acting is superb in this drama and made me really like her.
Tuesdays have become my favourite day of the week so far.
I couldnt agree more ^^

it does reminds me of HK because of the silliness and the duels in every episode, but i find this more addicting than Hana Kimi. Hana Kimi was better in the manga, but this i like both drama and manga but the drama is very addicting, it got me addicted that i watch the episodes everyday, and only drama where i can tolerate watching in keyhole tv, because i cant wait whats gonna happen next.

i think what makes us like the story more its because we have soo many things curious about, not everything is give away, your always hungry for more XDD

lunas

Post by lunas » Feb 8th, '09, 16:21

Mei-chan definitely do not have any JE's actors in here and some people do tuned in to a certain series because of that reason. I really do not understand why other expected this series to be like HanaKimi when the 2 series are based on 2 differences material. I like both Hiro and Nana so I'm super excited that they are in a series together.

mizark33

Post by mizark33 » Feb 9th, '09, 18:11

I how the story is coming along hehe. Kahh I'm only on episode 3 right now though and I'm in the middle of downloading episode 4. I can't wait to see what happens!

susamirain

Post by susamirain » Feb 9th, '09, 21:48

I think only the promo pic for the series reminds me of Hana Kimi. Once I started watching the show, there was no feeling of it being like Hana Kimi to me. I think the promo poster is what reminds people of Hana Kimi then you watch the show through the it's gonna be kinda like Hana Kimi glasses, lol.

The intro scene of the schools gates and how the butler first arrives also keeps the it's like Hana Kimi thing going. But once the first episode gets going that's about it.

I'm totally loving this show so far. I don't mind it being kinda crazy. I just suspend disbelief and enjoy! I can't wait for ep. 5 to come out.

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Feb 10th, '09, 00:59

Hi all, I've watched the first four episodes and I agree it it very addicting. As for it reminding people of HanaKimi, I do think there are some similar things:

- a school setting
- lots of good-looking boys (and girls for Mei-chan)
- many of the same actors (at least three of the 'main'/semi-main characters were in Hanakimi, though I'm sure I've missed someone.
- the students never seem to go to class, but instead spend all their time fighting 'duels/contest' and solving their own issues - as the principal never seems to be around/involved.
- both are comedies with dramatic things going on in the background.

But, other then that, I believe they are different.

As for what's to come and what's been happening:

So, Lucia is only mean to Mei because she wants to be the head of the family and she wants Rihito back? Mei has already stated that becoming the head of the family is not her goal. As for Rihito - you can't force someone to like you. Were Rihito and Lucia a couple before, or has she just always had a thing for him? And, Rihito has stated that it's 'obvious' why he wants to serve Mei. I tend to think he knew about her before he met her, and (as corny as it sounds) fell in love with her before actually meeting her.